Tattoos?!

Kick back and relax by discussing anything unrelated to mafia at The Syndicate's Speakeasy.

Moderator: Community Team

Cookie
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 1

Tattoos?!

Post by Cookie »

Hey everyone,

Show us a picture of any tattoos that you have! And/or what tattoos you would like to get.
I don't have any right now but I'm looking into getting one. I have an appointment mid-August for a consultation and then I'll be getting it done late August. I'm thinking of getting a hummingbird and a purple flower on the inside of my wrist/inside of my forearm. I'm still thinking though. My tattoo artist said she will design something for me so I hope it's great. I'd love for it to have vibrant colours.

I don't think tattoos are as unprofessional as they used to be, considering so many people have them. What do you think?

If you could get a tattoo, what would you get and where?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Tattoos?!

Post by Sloonei »

I have a full-back tattoo of Dr. Zoidberg mid-scuddle.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I have a tattoo of a handlebar moustache on my upper lip.

It's very realistic.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:I have a tattoo of a handlebar moustache on my upper lip.

It's very realistic.
But we can never see it because it's covered up by your handlebar moustache. :evileye:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I have zero tattoos. I think they look great on some people, but have no intentions of getting any myself.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 4

Post by S~V~S »

I have one, a memorial tattoo for my husband. It's a tribal shamrock, it's on my inner ankle. I'll upload a picture at some point.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

I have two tattoos. The first one I got was my mother's name because she always told me if I got a tattoo she would kill me so I figured she couldn't get mad if I got her name. The second takes up most of my right side and its a cross . I will try and but pictures up later.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

My dad has run a tattoo shop for the last 13 years. I could get all the free tattoos I want, but I don't have any. Could never think of something I wanted.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

My taste has changes over time. I think if I got a tattoo I would grow to not like it eventually. I am tattoo free.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

No tattoos on me. I've passed out getting shots and giving blood before, so I probably don't have the nerve to get a tattoo.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

G-Man wrote:No tattoos on me. I've passed out getting shots and giving blood before, so I probably don't have the nerve to get a tattoo.
It's not an actual injection. It's just multiple rapid pokes with a needle lined with ink, just barely enough to break the skin. Probably slightly deeper than a mosquito bite. Unless you go to a butcher. There are some people that let the needle hang out of the tattoo machine way farther than they have any business doing. Those guys are hard to find because they go out of business very quickly.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

It really did not hurt, it itched more than anything, really. And I got mine right over a bone, which i am told hurts more. It really was not that bad. It stung~ it did not really hurt.
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

S~V~S wrote:It really did not hurt, it itched more than anything, really. And I got mine right over a bone, which i am told hurts more. It really was not that bad. It stung~ it did not really hurt.
I've heard people compare to dragging a car key over your skin really hard multiple times. Which isnt bad at all.

And yeah bone is normally worse than muscle, but it's normally upper body bones that fuck with you. Like when you get a tattoo over your spine, shoulder blades, and collar bone. Those get people way worse than your ankle.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Black Rock »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:I have two tattoos. The first one I got was my mother's name because she always told me if I got a tattoo she would kill me so I figured she couldn't get mad if I got her name. The second takes up most of my right side and its a cross . I will try and but pictures up later.
Your mom doesn't strike me as the type to commit murder.

I have two tattoos, one is the Virgo symbol and the other one is a blue bird. I want to get one with the likeness of my horse and another one with my kids names and birth dates.
ImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I have three tattoos. Some cliché stars shooting across my upper back, a Celtic sisterhood tattoo that I got with my sister on my hip, and a scarlet begonia on my foot. I wish mine were more thoughtful, but it's really just one my sister picked out and then a shape and song I like hahaha
S~V~S wrote:It really did not hurt, it itched more than anything, really. And I got mine right over a bone, which i am told hurts more. It really was not that bad. It stung~ it did not really hurt.
I thought some parts hurt a bit but nothing unbearable. I don't really like people touching my foot so that one was the worst :shrug2:

I was thinking of getting some lilacs next. They are all over an Rochester and I thought it would be nice to remind me of home :)
Gro-oo-ovy
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I have zero tattoos. I think they look great on some people, but have no intentions of getting any myself.
That's exactly how I feel. If I was to get one, it would be that snail I always draw.

S~V~S, that's a beautiful story. What a wonderful memorial.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Mongoose wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I have zero tattoos. I think they look great on some people, but have no intentions of getting any myself.
That's exactly how I feel. If I was to get one, it would be that snail I always draw.

S~V~S, that's a beautiful story. What a wonderful memorial.
What is this snail you always draw?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

I have 5 tattoos. In order of oldest to newest, with hints to their significance:
- a (cheesy, but lovely) quote about dance tracing my right hip bone (acknowledging a significant personal triumph/turning point)
- the logo of my dance company on my left foot (which two other members of the company also got at the same time)
- a (long) Whitman quote on my left rib cage (which I got on the occasion of graduation from dance school. This one hurt like a motherfucker. All the others were totally fine)
- a line from a Donne poem tracing my right collar bone (present to myself for getting into Grad school)
- a quote from "As You Like It" on the inside of my left bicep (present to myself for passing my prelims)

I have lots more planned (including appearances by Milton! And another Donne one! And maybe, just maybe, a tattoo that isn't only words....), but am still awaiting the necessary Big Life Events in order to get them... so tell my BF to hurry up with his damn proposal already :P
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Mongoose wrote:If I was to get one, it would be that snail I always draw.
I can't imagine getting a tattoo, but maybe I could consider a Friendship Snail.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

My mother was Norwegian; there is a Viking rune for "a mother & daughter in harmony", it is a very simple line drawing. I have been considering that.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

For our 7th Anniversary me and LC and getting a tattoo. You would think it'd be related but it's not. I'm getting my kids names and birth dates and he's getting a Ninja, cause that's how we role. It's his second and my third.

Anyone have any ideas on where I should put this one? I was thinking on the underside of my forearm... I could quickly check their birth date like checking a backwards watch. It'd be for when I'm old and senile.
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I've got a huge tat of a phoenix across one half of my chest and up onto a shoulder. I'd show a pic, but then y'all would be blinded by my sexiness, and we can't have that.
My siggie.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

timmer wrote:I've got a huge tat of a phoenix across one half of my chest and up onto a shoulder. I'd show a pic, but then y'all would be blinded by my sexiness, and we can't have that.
I had a hard enough time playing Guess Who without your mug staring at me. :eek:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
timmer wrote:I've got a huge tat of a phoenix across one half of my chest and up onto a shoulder. I'd show a pic, but then y'all would be blinded by my sexiness, and we can't have that.
I had a hard enough time playing Guess Who without your mug staring at me. :eek:
LOL! :biggrin:
My siggie.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

I want the kind of tattoo that'll leak toxic chemicals into my blood and give me superpowers and cancer.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I will pass on that; I would advise you to do the same :nicenod:
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Black Rock wrote:For our 7th Anniversary me and LC and getting a tattoo. You would think it'd be related but it's not. I'm getting my kids names and birth dates and he's getting a Ninja, cause that's how we role. It's his second and my third.

Anyone have any ideas on where I should put this one? I was thinking on the underside of my forearm... I could quickly check their birth date like checking a backwards watch. It'd be for when I'm old and senile.
This made me laugh so much. I even went and read it out loud to keys :grin:

Where are your first two? I like the underside of your forearm idea. It's a nice spot because it's visible, but can also be covered up by long sleeves if need be.
Gro-oo-ovy
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I don't really like tattoos myself, so if I had to I think I'd get something small and non-obtrusive. Not entirely sure what that would exactly be because I've never put any thought into it.

I saw somebody online a week or so ago who got their eyebrows tattooed. I couldn't tell you why.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

I have two tattoos. They're both the Harley Quinn symbol. One has a bird and one has a rose
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Illyria
The Mark

Post by Illyria »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:
I've heard people compare to dragging a car key over your skin really hard multiple times. Which isnt bad at all.

And yeah bone is normally worse than muscle, but it's normally upper body bones that fuck with you. Like when you get a tattoo over your spine, shoulder blades, and collar bone. Those get people way worse than your ankle.
Yeah I needed a break mid shoulder blade tat. I would upload a pic but I seem to have forgotten how. Wow, it is amazing how used to attaching things I have become. :suspish:

Return to “The Speakeasy”