Interrogation Room - alexa

Are you new to The Syndicate's mafia crime family? If so, introduce yourself here! For all Syndicateers, this is the place to get to know your fellow family members.

Moderator: Community Team

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 22
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Interrogation Room

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

G-Man wrote:Do you follow any professional sports?
If so, who are your favorite teams?
What's the furthest you've ever traveled from home?
How many continents have you visited?
What three places do you want to visit before dying?
What books have you always wanted to read but still haven't gotten around to?
If applicable, which Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle is your favorite?
What is the greatest movie you have ever seen?
What is your favorite movie of all time?
- Not often. When I do, it's Football (It's called football, not soccer!), and usually only when my local team is playing some big tournament (or during the World Cup).
- My favorite team is Palmeiras, the team from Sao Paulo my father roots for and that I've rooted for too since I was a little child.
- Europe. More precisely, the furthest place from home I went to was Prague.
- Do South America and Central America count as separate continents? If yes, then 3. I went to Aruba in 2013. :beer:
- Japan, USA and Portugal/Spain (counting those as the same place since I'd probably go to both at once). I also want to go Prague and Italy again, awesome places.
- Probably a bunch of books from series I started and did not finish. The last Inheritance Cycle book and the 2 Golden Compass sequels come to mind. Also a whole bunch of Agatha Christie books I'm yet to read. And of course, the last Song of Ice and Fire books. ;)
- Michellangelo. He is just the funniest one.
- What is the difference between the last two questions? Either way, I vote The Dark Knight on both. It's just the best movie watching experience I've ever had, and I was on the edge of the seat for the whole movie.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If you could impart just one nugget of Mafia wisdom to your viewing audience, what would it be?
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Never be 100% convinced you know how to find scum. You don't, and you can make educated guesses at best. That's what you have the majority of players in the game for, to help you with that.

It's one thing I had a hard time learning.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 107

Post by G-Man »

What was the most disappointing role you ever created for a game?

Do you prefer to create games based on a pre-existing source (tv show, movie, etc) or original themes?

What's the craziest thing you ever got away with in a game?

Do you prefer co-hosting or solo hosting?
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 6

Post by a2thezebra »

What is the dumbest thing you have ever done in a mafia game?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

@G-Man: is the third question about things I've done as a player or as a host?
a2thezebra wrote:What is the dumbest thing you have ever done in a mafia game?
Mangamashup IV. A troll game. I was mafia.

The host sends me a PM (roleplaying as Gossip Girl) offering me an extra kill if I posted a certain phrase in the thread. I had to call a certain role (Blair) a bitch.

I said I didn't want to do it, so he told me to use [um] tags to hide the post.

I do it. Five minutes later my post activates Blair's special ability. 1 hour later some townie sees the [um] tags. I'm lynched in the next day because they think I'm part of Blair's faction (I'm not, and she is an indie).

I wanted to shoot myself after this. Even the host said he wasn't expecting me to be so naive.
Last edited by Dragon D. Luffy on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Ricochet »

Sounds like you got Canuck'd.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:Sounds like you got Canuck'd.
That belongs in the Mafia lexicon. :srsnod:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Oh, and when I went to ask about my extra kill the host said "I didn't promise you anything. Gossip Girl did".
I'm curious, what's the context for this?
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Ricochet »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Oh, and when I went to ask about my extra kill the host said "I didn't promise you anything. Gossip Girl did".
[um]
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Ricochet wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Oh, and when I went to ask about my extra kill the host said "I didn't promise you anything. Gossip Girl did".
[um]
:haha:

I'm totally doing this some time.

Preferably on NF so they don't see it coming.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

G-Man wrote:What was the most disappointing role you ever created for a game?

Do you prefer to create games based on a pre-existing source (tv show, movie, etc) or original themes?

What's the craziest thing you ever got away with in a game?

Do you prefer co-hosting or solo hosting?
The game is Order of the Stick. First game I've ever hosted. The role:
Inter Fiend Cooperation Comission (IFCC)

Winning Condition: IFCC wants to get rid of those annoying paladins who keep making the world a better place. They also want to eliminate their competition in the evilness department. They win the game when the following conditions are met: all paladins are dead, and both Xykon and Redcloak are dead. They can only win the game if they are alive when that happens.

[Exclusive Offer]: Active. Once per cycle, the IFCC can offer a player a deal for their soul. If the player accepts, they will permanently unlock an “IFCC ability”, which specific for each player and has already been created before the game started. In return, IFCC will take their soul. IFCC will then learn of every ability compatible with [Payment Time] the player possesses. When the deal is offered, the player will receive a private message informing them of the ability being offered, and of the fact they will lose their soul if they accept it, but they will not know what “losing a soul” means. The offer will automatically expire after a cycle.

[Payment Time]: Active. Once per phase, IFCC will be able to take control of a player whose soul they own. The IFCC will then be able to make them use one of their active abilities, while the player won’t be able to use any ability or faction kill by themselves until the end of the phase. Abilities which were granted by [Exclusive Offer] cannot be used by [Payment Time]. This ability can only be used up to three times for each soul.
I went and created one "IFCC ability" for each role in the game. Literally half the game was dedicated to this role.

Do you know how many people accepted the offer? One. And he procceeded to use that special ability to perma-block an indie for the whole game. That indie lost the game, the IFCC role lost the game, every indie lost because I went crazy with their roles. :(

(I've made a simpler version of this role for another game to be hosted in the future. Stay tuned :feb: ).
G-Man wrote:Do you prefer to create games based on a pre-existing source (tv show, movie, etc) or original themes?
Pre-existing source, unless I have a very cool idea (such as Image Mafia or Inverse Mafia). Existing source lets me make the game a love letter to the story I'm basing it on. I'll look at every cool thing that happened in the story and try to do it justice in the game. I'll try to capture every cool attack, every badass line and and every sad death and translate it into roles.
G-Man wrote:What's the craziest thing you ever got away with in a game?
Assuming this is about me experience as a player, I think I never get away with crazy things. They just lynch me.

Recently though, I had an ability that gave me points (which could be used to buy abilities) if I activated it after making a vote and then people voted for the same person as me. Then on day 4, a cop found out I was mafia and outed me. I immediately faked a ragequit and voted for myself. Cue everyone voting for me and I get 11 points, which later are used to buy a lynch redirect to save my teammate. And that redirect was used to lynch the cop who outed me. :feb:

I guess that's the craziest thing.
G-Man wrote:Do you prefer co-hosting or solo hosting?
I've only co-hosted once, and it created a lot of problems. Though i'd never be able to host a game that size alone. I think solo is better, but co lets you do some cool things you wouldn't do alone.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 8
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

what's your most upsetting Day 1 phase ever?
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I think I got day 1 lynched 3 or 4 times so that's a lot of candidates. But the most stupid one was probably this one:

http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1035570

Seriously, look at the people voting for me. 3 votes. One from a mafioso (N) who literally voted for me because I killed him in the previous game (and nobody called him out for that at the time), one from a civ (Kobe) who was also mad that I killed him in the previous game and also suspecting me because I was changing votes too much (?), and one from another civ (Superman) who didn't even bother to explain it.

What is funniest is another mafioso (Marco) coming at day 2 and saying the lynch was stupid when he didn't even post. Like he wasn't lurking during all of it. Bastard.

Fortunately, town eventually won. Mostly thanks to Savage, who got killed 2/3 baddies by himself.

At this point I'm fully expecting to get lynched on day 1 next game out of spite, since the current game is my best game I've ever had as mafia.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

-Would you rather have your nose on your butt or your butt for a face?
-what is your favorite board game, and why?
-do you believe in trickle-down economics?
-do you believe you can fly? That you can touch the sky?
-do you have a typical day 1 strategy when playing as a civ? As a Mafia?
-what is your "tell", if you know it, as a baddie? As a civ?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Scotty wrote:-Would you rather have your nose on your butt or your butt for a face?
What kind of question is that? :doh:

I guess... a butt for a face? I suppose I won't leave home ever again then.
Scotty wrote:-what is your favorite board game, and why?
Probably Clue. It's complicated enough to be fun, but not enough to take forever like Risk and Monopoly.

I also played a Clue Mafia once. You had to guess who the mafioso was, what weapon they were using and where they were.
Scotty wrote:-do you believe in trickle-down economics?
I had to google that. I suppose I don't, from what I read.
Scotty wrote:-do you believe you can fly? That you can touch the sky?
I'm an Aeronautical Engineer, bitch. Of course I can fly. :keys:

(ok I actually can't since I'm just an engineer not a pilot, but let's pretend).
Scotty wrote:-do you have a typical day 1 strategy when playing as a civ? As a Mafia?
My strategy seems to change every game tbh. Before I'd question everyone for every little thing, but lately I've been taking a more passive approach. Stay in the back and try to spot people slipping.
Scotty wrote:-what is your "tell", if you know it, as a baddie? As a civ?
If I have one, I don't know it. Like I said in the previous question, I'm constantly changing my playstyle. Some guy on NF says he can tell my alignment, but he never told me how.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Quin »

I wouldn't mind doing this.

Luffy, do you prefer role madness game styles or something more vanilla, perhaps with a unique game mechanic thrown into the mix?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Role madness all the way. I've played vanilla a couple times before. I get the appeal but the game usually boils down to role reveal shenanigans which is just not my cup of tea. And strategizing with abilities is a big part of why I like mafia.

And unique game mechanics are cool too. This site is full of them (like the money mechanic from economics mafia and the pikmin recruitment mechanic from the pikmin game). In my site (Naruto Forums) we aren't that big on global game mechanics, but on the other hand, our roles are much more powerful and have multiple abilities (while here it's usually roles with a single ability and some global mechanics that affect them all). I like to alternate between both styles, though, and I actually pick which site I want to host games in depending on whether the game has global mechanics or not.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 99

Post by Spacedaisy »

Well kids, it's been fun having DDL in here, but now it's someone else's turn to play. Please welcome......

Quin

You have until next Sunday to ask him any questions you like, and please do make him squirm because you know that's half the fun. ;)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 85
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

What has been the most surprising/striking/alarming thing you've noticed about Syndicate mafia as opposed to wherever it is you played before?

How're you digging it so far?

'Sup?

What color are your shoes?

Who's the best dressed Syndicater?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:What has been the most surprising/striking/alarming thing you've noticed about Syndicate mafia as opposed to wherever it is you played before?

How're you digging it so far?

'Sup?

What color are your shoes?

Who's the best dressed Syndicater?
I am loving how each game of the games here are kept independent from each other. It's good that vendettas taken from one game don't seem to have much of an influence on another. It's a very peaceful vibe in comparison to ...that other place.

I suppose that answers question 2 as well, but I am already quite invested in this place and I'll see how I fare against some of the more experienced players.

I have just begun my last year of uni last week and I am already feeling the heat. I have loads of group assignments to do so I need to get my shit together and socialise with people.

I have three pairs of shoes. One of them are thongs, so they aren't really shoes. But if you would like to pretend that they are, they are white with some black colour scratched off of them over the years that I've had them. They are some good quality thongs. My second pair are these really thick black shoes that have a really thick sole so when I wear them I feel taller. They are very useful when asserting my authority over midgets. My favourite pair are a blue canvas style shoe that I wear every time I go out. I had a brown pair similar to them last year but they needed to be replaced. It was a shame, I also really liked those shoes. I must have a pair of leather shoes for my professional endeavours, but I haven't seen them in a long time. But as you know, I hate wearing shoes with a passion, so this was a very offensive question.

Sloonei for best dressed male
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Chocolate or vanilla?

Who or what brought you to The Syndicate?

Would you recommend us to a friend?

On a scale from 1 - 10 how would you rate your experience so far.... wait, this is the Syndicate survey thread, right? ;)

Do you prefer to be mafia or Civilian?

What is your favorite game you have ever played?

Most memorable mafia moment?

Do you have a baddie tell?

How about a civ meta?

Have you ever had what I like to refer to as a "mafia implosion," which is basically one of two things, one of those moments you just completely and totally lost your shit in a game OR a time when as a baddie you did something so collosally stupid and thereby completely outed yourelf? I've seen some fun ones in my day, let me tell you....

Do you have a mafia nemesis?

Do you like to read? If so, what is your favorite book?

Hobbies?

Am I annoying you yet?

How about now?

Have you ever noticed that while peanut butter tastes amazing, the smell of it on someone else's reath is nauseating?

Cats or dogs?

Favorite movie?

Ok, I'll stop now and give you time to catch up. :daisy:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Spacedaisy wrote:Chocolate or vanilla?

Who or what brought you to The Syndicate?

Would you recommend us to a friend?

On a scale from 1 - 10 how would you rate your experience so far.... wait, this is the Syndicate survey thread, right? ;)

Do you prefer to be mafia or Civilian?

What is your favorite game you have ever played?

Most memorable mafia moment?

Do you have a baddie tell?

How about a civ meta?

Have you ever had what I like to refer to as a "mafia implosion," which is basically one of two things, one of those moments you just completely and totally lost your shit in a game OR a time when as a baddie you did something so collosally stupid and thereby completely outed yourelf? I've seen some fun ones in my day, let me tell you....

Do you have a mafia nemesis?

Do you like to read? If so, what is your favorite book?

Hobbies?

Am I annoying you yet?

How about now?

Have you ever noticed that while peanut butter tastes amazing, the smell of it on someone else's reath is nauseating?

Cats or dogs?

Favorite movie?

Ok, I'll stop now and give you time to catch up. :daisy:
Chocolate.

Sloonei invited me to play after our mafia community on the other site went to the pits.

Absolutely. But I feel like a lot of the people I could introduce this place to might not be so interested.

Uh..uh... ten! Or like, 9.95 because I didn't win my first game.

Civ all the way. I love not knowing things. Then knowing things. Then realising I don't actually know anything.

I actually can't think of any games I've played that stand out particularly as my 'favourite'. I could tell you of a game which I found to be very unique. Someone hosted a The Walking Dead themed game where random players were picked off by walkers each night. It had a lot of potential but it left something to be desired.

My favourite mafia moment would come from a game where I managed to sus out the entire mafia team without being killed. I'm still not sure how this happened. I am also pretty happy with my performance in Zodiac Mafia where I managed to avoid being voted for at all.

I have had a lot of trouble forcing myself to bus teammates. I really hate doing it so I feel like I give myself away a lot trying to form these weak accusations or defenses against people to preserve my team. If they get lynched I have typically just distanced myself from that player. Though I like to keep things fresh every game, so I don't think that'll help for your research purposes ;)

I don't think I have a meta persay, but I do have some habits which I use regardless of my alignment. I say I don't have one because nobody's ever called me out on the way I act. So I actually don't know if I do or not.

I have definitely had mafia implosions before. It is a snowball of irreparable damage that usually ends up in an immediate lynch. I think I do not usually mess up, but when I do, I REALLY mess up.

It is more of a joke than anything, but I suppose I used to have a nemesis. I would always say in the beginning of each game that 'x is mafia'. I was quite good at reading her, though, so I could push on her if I felt like I needed to.

I love to read. My favourite book is definitely The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, but I am a pretty loyal fan of Harry Potter as well. I have probably re-read TBT about ten times, and the HP series over 30 times.

I don't have a lot of hobbies. I read, I used to write short stories as a bit of a time waster. I was published in a local collection of short stories from students in the area once. When I was young I definitely think I had a talent for writing, but I never really nurtured it so I doubt I'd be as good as other people my age. What I did do has given me a pretty decent writing quality that is helping me out with my uni stuff. Oh, and I like to bake too. Never get to do it much, though.

I am definitely not annoyed. I enjoy this. And no, I do not know the thrill of having someone's peanutty breath clogging up my nostrils.

I am a cat person for sure. I never really grew to love dogs, and I don't dislike them but I think they are far too smelly and excitable for me to handle. My two cats are very self-sustainable and they're just as friendly as any dog.

I don't watch a lot of movies. But this question, alongside the signup thread made me think of Spirited Away, which is definitely my favourite childhood movie of all time. I'll likely rewatch it in the next few days to brace myself for the game, and I am excited to do that.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Golden »

Hi Quin

If you were a hat, what kind of hat would you be?

Why do you look so nervous?

What is your favourite mafia role you've had?

Have you ever been to Newcastle?

Are you looking forward to adding to our growing antipodean army here on the Syndicate? We seem to be multiplying faster than everyone else... next step, world domination. So, you in?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:Hi Quin

If you were a hat, what kind of hat would you be?

Why do you look so nervous?

What is your favourite mafia role you've had?

Have you ever been to Newcastle?

Are you looking forward to adding to our growing antipodean army here on the Syndicate? We seem to be multiplying faster than everyone else... next step, world domination. So, you in?
I would be a horse jockey helmet. They're cool.

That's my natural face! Such rude questions from you people.

I once had a lie detector role. I absolutely loved that one. I was able to learn so much just from one use of the role.

Will I be getting a salary? I'll have you know I don't plot the demise of my fellows for anything less than 80k.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Is that AUD or NZD?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

It depends on the exchange rate.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:It depends on the exchange rate.
I think I lose either way. I already lost once having to pay for a wedding over there.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

What is that imploding community you say you came from?

What do you study at university?

Generic (aka classic/vanilla games) or role madness?

What js your favorite band (or singer/musician)?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Have you ever encountered any crazy terrifying Australian monster spiders? Or seen a kangaroo in the wild? Has anyone ever sincerely wished you a "G'day mate" or remarked about putting shrimp on a barbie? What about the word "crikey"?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 74

Post by S~V~S »

Yeah, I want to hear about the monster spiders too. I saw an article once about a monster spider eating a snake, and that was when I crossed Oz off my bucket list.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:What is that imploding community you say you came from?

What do you study at university?

Generic (aka classic/vanilla games) or role madness?

What js your favorite band (or singer/musician)?

I study a Bachelor of business. I'm also doing a major in marketing which I am absolutely loving. It is one of those rare things that I think I am actually quite good at. I'm not sure if that talent is going to come with me into the actual workplace, but I am hoping that I can do something significant with it, because I do love the course very much.

I love role madness games. More than that, though, I love games setup with mechanics where you know absolutely nothing and you never do figure it out until the end. Give me both and I'm good to go.

I don't actually like music that much. I never got into it. I listen to coldplay quite often, since it's the only music I own. Other than that I'll just tune into the radio and listen to whatever's on. I don't pay much attention to the bands or songwriters. I couldn't tell a Taylor Swift song from a Lady Gaga song if I tried.
Last edited by Quin on Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:Have you ever encountered any crazy terrifying Australian monster spiders? Or seen a kangaroo in the wild? Has anyone ever sincerely wished you a "G'day mate" or remarked about putting shrimp on a barbie? What about the word "crikey"?
I have encountered some big spiders, but definitely not as much as people think I would. I think the closer into the outback you go, the more weird shit you'll come across.

I have seen so many kangaroos in my life. My high school and my uni are built pretty much alongside where a couple of dozens of kangaroos live, so I seen them nearly every day.

The only people who use that kind of slang nowadays are the older Australians. Us youngin's don't have a lot of our own culture. Unless you count wearing thongs as shoes.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Are you aware that "thong" means something completely different in American English, and that I am giggling every time you say it here?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:Are you aware that "thong" means something completely different in American English, and that I am giggling every time you say it here?
I am. And I intend to abuse that as long as I can.
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 107

Post by G-Man »

Who is the child in your avatar?

What are three places you wish to visit before you die?

Boxers or briefs?

What is your favorite color?

What is your favorite movie?

What is your favorite board game?
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

G-Man wrote:Who is the child in your avatar?

What are three places you wish to visit before you die?

Boxers or briefs?

What is your favorite color?

What is your favorite movie?

What is your favorite board game?
You've not seen her on the interwebs? It's a meme G-Man! A meme!

I'd love to visit Japan, I love their culture. I'd also love to go to Canada and England. I had always had this goal to live in another country one day, and if I ever did it would be in one of those countries.

Briefs -blush-

I love turquoise. It's neat.

Spirited Away. I have a loyalty to Harry Potter where I should probably say that the movies are my ultimate favourite, but objectively, the last movie was shite.

Chess. I used to be really good at it when I was a kid. I haven't played in quite some time, so I wonder how I'd go now.
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Do you prefer being mafia or civ?

Let's say you're dealt a 3-5 suited in a 4-way pot, and the flop is an Ace-2-3. The guy before you bets the minimum after coming out hot with a min raise preflop. What do you do?

Do you tend to gravitate towards gut reads or logic, even if citing the logic takes forever?

Royal Blue or Royal Purple?

Favorite hair color on a prospective mate?

Which shitty super power would you have: the ability to deduce how many jellybeans are in a container, or the ability to gauge how fast something is going at any point?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote:Let's say you're dealt a 3-5 suited in a 4-way pot, and the flop is an Ace-2-3. The guy before you bets the minimum after coming out hot with a min raise preflop. What do you do?
Not to pre-determine Quin's answer, but I would immediately google to figure out what game I was playing.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Scotty wrote:Do you prefer being mafia or civ?

Let's say you're dealt a 3-5 suited in a 4-way pot, and the flop is an Ace-2-3. The guy before you bets the minimum after coming out hot with a min raise preflop. What do you do?

Do you tend to gravitate towards gut reads or logic, even if citing the logic takes forever?

Royal Blue or Royal Purple?

Favorite hair color on a prospective mate?

Which shitty super power would you have: the ability to deduce how many jellybeans are in a container, or the ability to gauge how fast something is going at any point?
I don't like being mafia all that much. I love being civ.

I uh.. What game are we talking about?

I think both are one and the same. You can't lead a lynch based on a gut read, you need to justify it so people can interpret it.

Royal Blue, I suppose. I didn't even know the latter was a colour.

My person of interest is a brunette, so I'd go with that. But I don't really have a 'type', since the whole dating scene isn't my thing.

Think about all the things I could win if I had the power to count jelly beans. I'd be rich!
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

It's Sunday! You know what that means! Time to switch it up. This time we have a special newcomer who has volunteered.......
Silverwolf
Take some time to get to know her!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Hi Silverwolf!

Where are you from?
How did you and ika meet?
Why wolves? What do they represent to you?
What is your favourite ever gambit that you pulled in mafia?
What is your favourite colour?
Who is your go to author?
If you could be super-skilled at one thing instantly, what would you choose?
How many gloves do you own?
Whats better - headstands or cartwheels?
Have you been overseas? If so, what is the favourite palce you've been? If not, where would you really like to go?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Town or scum (or indie)?

Generic or role madness?

What's the favorite mafia game you've ever played?

What's your favorite band/singer/musician?

Do you like videogames? If yes, which ones?
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Silverwolf »

Last edited by Silverwolf on Wed May 25, 2016 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hey there Silverwolf.

Do you prefer living in the north or south?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Last edited by Silverwolf on Wed May 25, 2016 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Last edited by Silverwolf on Wed May 25, 2016 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 31

Post by ika »

!
Last edited by ika on Wed May 25, 2016 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Last edited by Silverwolf on Wed May 25, 2016 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 31

Post by ika »

!
Last edited by ika on Wed May 25, 2016 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Welcome to the Family”