It's going to happen regardless...
30%

Total votes: 20
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 347

Re: [END] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Silverwolf »

Oh just a quick FYI, I can't clear out my prisoner acct because it is locked so the hosts may need to do that one themselves.

Cheers all :beer:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Soneji wrote:Epi and I very much hinted towards the Prisoner not mattering. The game would be heavily unbalanced if the Cops had to rely on the town to take out the Dons to win, as the Dons were immune to the actions of the cops. Neither faction of town can meet their wincon if only the Dons remained from each family, so Cops win by default if only one of them is alive against both Dons.
I was unaware of this all game long :shrug:
Do not share BTSC unless specified. Win when all of The Police and The Don from The Sockfaced Famiglia are dead or arrested, but only if their alive and free family members outnumber those of The Sockfaced Famiglia.
I mean I did not know the Police would win in that 3 person scenario.

But I am also not complaining, just saying I messed up my outlook of the game. It was an adventure and I loved playing in this thing. I'm just glad we at least recovered well enough to identify all the baddies before game's end. It may have taken us a while, but we did it.
Yeah, you all didn't get much of a chance to Don-hunt like Daisy and I were thinking would happen because the cops just wouldn't get lynched.
I remember mentioning my BTSC thread that I wanted to start Don hunting as soon as sig and boomslang were out of the way, but then that kept getting delayed and then they were both town and by the time it was obvious I couldn't do anything about it :(
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Furthermore, we have a special banner for prisoners who contributed significantly to the entire prison's success throughout various challenges...!!

Daisy and I went through all of the challenges and identified the prisoners we think were crucial to the entire team's success in breaking out of prison. Here is the list. If your name is on it at least once, you are free to wear this banner!

Day 2 - N/A
Day 3 - DharmaHelper, timmer
Day 4 - Long Con

Day 6 - a2thezebra, DharmaHelper, G-Man
Day 7 - a2thezebra, bea, G-Man, juliets, Typhoony
Day 8 - N/A
Day 9 - N/A
Day 10 - N/A
Day 11 - ika, Silverwolf, S~V~S, Typhoony

Congratulations to our prison thugs...

a2thezebra, bea, DharmaHelper, G-Man, ika, juliets, Long Con, Silverwolf, timmer, and Typhoony!!!!

Wear the banner with pride. :slick:
I demand to see the prison
Yes, let me do that. The thing is, we removed the main prison yard thread every time we started a new day, and after the Day 5 prison break I cycled out all of the cell BTSC threads as well. The permissions for all of that was a true pain... worth it though. I'll be glad to not have to deal with it, that said. :p

I'll hop into our hosting area, dump all the prison yard threads back in there, and make it so you all can see. I'll do that now.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 8

Post by DharmaHelper »

Shit that will show everyone that time me and 920 played Drop The Soap....
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Thank You MP, I truly did not even know how all that worked or the amount of work involved. :beer:
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1123

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Hey MP, when you get a chance could you give my JJJ account the ability to view this thread again? Also, can anyone show me how to change my profile "rank"?
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Ricochet »

Hey Epi. Why did you never get rid (kill/arrest) of P50, despite taunting him in the open about not getting swiftly removed for his hunts?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Spacedaisy »

Sloonei wrote:sorry i spent so much time and energy trying to get you lynched, quin and sig.

That CFD was amazing but it kinda doomed me personally in this game. It caused me to shake up so many of my reads from earlier in the game, and it turned out all of my new ideas were wrong and my old ones were much more on the right track.

Soneji had me fooled the whole time though. If it weren't for those last day shenanigans I was never going to vote for him. Very well played Soneji and the rest of you cops.

This is so very true for pretty much everyone but Silverwolf. Silverwolf has incredible instincts. However, I have never seen so many civs be so absolutely wrong and yet 100% certain that they were right as I did in this game. People who usually have outstanding instincts as well. It was almost painful to watch at times.

Also, I have to share my own Slooneji story. Sloonei, you were originally supposed to be the Chief and soneji was supposed to be my Don, but because I flubbed and got Sloonei and soneji mixed up, I had to flip flop your roles because one of the role card messages was read as soon as I sent it. I felt like an idiot.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I told you all "CFD" is foolishness. :feb:
You're still wrong. :beer:

Well actually I'm usually not a fan. The CFD wasn't the problem in this game though, it was the townies' reads following the CFD. Now they've all seen it before, next time they'll be better prepared. :dark:
I was never expecting that to happen for a moment. Even when I put my vote on Fuzz I was just expecting everyone else to sit on their votes and nothing would change. I came back to thread and EVERYONE was on him. When it actually netted us a baddie lynch I was equal parts confused and ecstatic.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Soneji »

I want to thank Jay most of all, after the hosts, for sparking activity and making this game exciting. I probably would have just maintained my under the radar, catching up routine but when he entered it was like: new challenger approaching.

Silverwolf was also very spot on with her reads, loved her passion and feistiness.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Spacedaisy wrote:
Sloonei wrote:sorry i spent so much time and energy trying to get you lynched, quin and sig.

That CFD was amazing but it kinda doomed me personally in this game. It caused me to shake up so many of my reads from earlier in the game, and it turned out all of my new ideas were wrong and my old ones were much more on the right track.

Soneji had me fooled the whole time though. If it weren't for those last day shenanigans I was never going to vote for him. Very well played Soneji and the rest of you cops.

This is so very true for pretty much everyone but Silverwolf. Silverwolf has incredible instincts. However, I have never seen so many civs be so absolutely wrong and yet 100% they were right as I did in this game. People who usually have outstanding instincts as well. It was almost painful to watch at times.

Also, I have to share my own Slooneji story. Sloonei, you were originally supposed to be the Chief and soneji was supposed to be my Don, but because I flubbed and got Sloonei and soneji mixed up, I had to flip flop your roles because one of the role card messages was read as soon as I sent it. I felt like an idiot.
S'why my username ain't SpaceofAces

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Spacedaisy wrote:

This is so very true for pretty much everyone but Silverwolf. Silverwolf has incredible instincts. However, I have never seen so many civs be so absolutely wrong and yet 100% they were right as I did in this game. People who usually have outstanding instincts as well. It was almost painful to watch at times.

:haha: I'm glad I wasn't alone in getting our names mixed up then.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Hey MP, when you get a chance could you give my JJJ account the ability to view this thread again? Also, can anyone show me how to change my profile "rank"?
You should be able to; let me know if you can't.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Spacedaisy wrote:

This is so very true for pretty much everyone but Silverwolf. Silverwolf has incredible instincts. However, I have never seen so many civs be so absolutely wrong and yet 100% certain that they were right as I did in this game. People who usually have outstanding instincts as well. It was almost painful to watch at times.

This is literally the only reason we lost. I blame Spacedaisy. :P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:Hey Epi. Why did you never get rid (kill/arrest) of P50, despite taunting him in the open about not getting swiftly removed for his hunts?
We didn't need him dead to win. I even said as much in the thread in a roundabout way that got the prisoner thinking I was genuine. :dark:

As the Warden, I knew he was an original prisoner and therefore not one of the family members. No reason to waste an arrest on him.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

On that note, the prison yard should also be available for viewing, and all daily threads should be in there. Let me know, y'all.

Regarding private conversations, Daisy and I went back and forth on publicizing the BTSC (both prison and player), but in the end we've decided against sharing it publicly. Sorry to disappoint.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Spacedaisy wrote:

Thank You Daisy and soneji and also sig for what you said after I died!! Prisoner 509 and Sloonei were great at analysis and it was really me knowing ika and gut and stool pidgeon stuff that had me doing what I did.

I needed to do a better job of explaining my reads. I am an emotional/passionate player and that distracts me sometimes. I was supremely frustrated with feeling like I wasn't being listened to but I didn't have a lot to go on, just gut and the fact I don't like lurkers and the stool pidgeon stuff. It was hard to read, coming back, some of the stuff said about me by indiglo. It wasn't personal but still hard to read.

That said, no hard feeling anyone!!

Damn about the BTSC, I really wanted to see how ika operated here. :confused:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Spacedaisy wrote:

Yes! I felt so bad... I really wanted to see a civilian (mine) faction win this, but man, you guys were just going after the wrong person every day.

And OMG YES, Slooneji!!!! I came up with that, and I was even happier to see someone else did too. I made fun of her for that for so long. :haha:
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:Hey MP, when you get a chance could you give my JJJ account the ability to view this thread again? Also, can anyone show me how to change my profile "rank"?
Still seems to be darkness. Permissions can be such a pain.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

:meany: I laughed a little as soon as I saw Jay's first prisoner post the day of the jailbreak, and there were at least a dozen times I nearly typed Jay instead of "prisoner" in this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:

S'why my username ain't SpaceofAces
:haha:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:On that note, the prison yard should also be available for viewing, and all daily threads should be in there. Let me know, y'all.

Regarding private conversations, Daisy and I went back and forth on publicizing the BTSC (both prison and player), but in the end we've decided against sharing it publicly. Sorry to disappoint.
Is it because of the Drop the Soap thing that DH mentioned?
Epignosis wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Hey Epi. Why did you never get rid (kill/arrest) of P50, despite taunting him in the open about not getting swiftly removed for his hunts?
We didn't need him dead to win. I even said as much in the thread in a roundabout way that got the prisoner thinking I was genuine. :dark:

As the Warden, I knew he was an original prisoner and therefore not one of the family members. No reason to waste an arrest on him.
Oh right. WARDEEEEEN :fist:
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

If we hadn't lynched the warden I would have refused to wear my winner's banner. I made that my personal win condition. :P
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Soneji »

My favorite thing this game was using people's mistrust of me against them, to turn them against townies, valid scumhunting methods and save my teammates. SVS especially was easy to manipulate in this manner.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Are the results public of the last prisoner challenge?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Spacedaisy »

I actually almost mixed up Quin and Sig. Since Sig was searching for the rookie cop and Quin was searching for his lover (Nero) I got them mixed up and we sent Sig and Nero a message saying they were lovers and found each other. Luckily, I realized my mistake before either of them opened it and we deleted the message. Oh, and Quin, I felt so bad for you. Your lover was alive all that time and you just couldn't find each other!

Lol, Epi's reaction, was "Fuck, Jay is a prisoner!"
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Still seems to be darkness. Permissions can be such a pain.
:overreact:

Let me look into it now. There must be something blocking access even though I've told Current Job #2 to let you all see.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote::meany: I laughed a little as soon as I saw Jay's first prisoner post the day of the jailbreak, and there were at least a dozen times I nearly typed Jay instead of "prisoner" in this game.
My strategy to get paroled:

Be as JJJ as I can possibly be. I'll be honest, on Day 5 I was just going for appearances. I didn't care whether my reads were accurate at all, I just wanted everyone to know exactly who I am and give me the parole with the promise that I'd give the kind of effort that is typical of me.

I'm glad it worked, but I also worried the other prisoners would be annoyed by my post-mania and try to stop me. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

LOL, I think it was only you, Jay, that's why I forgot about it. It's because I gave your regular account access and then you told me you could see it, remember? I removed that restriction now. :P
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Soneji wrote:I want to thank Jay most of all, after the hosts, for sparking activity and making this game exciting. I probably would have just maintained my under the radar, catching up routine but when he entered it was like: new challenger approaching.

Silverwolf was also very spot on with her reads, loved her passion and feistiness.
Thanks, and it was a lot of fun playing with you too Soneji. You and Epignosis especially played off of each other extremely well and made that connection a very difficult one to draw.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Sloonei wrote::meany: I laughed a little as soon as I saw Jay's first prisoner post the day of the jailbreak, and there were at least a dozen times I nearly typed Jay instead of "prisoner" in this game.

Be as JJJ as I can possibly be. I'll be honest, on Day 5 I was just going for appearances. I didn't care whether my reads were accurate at all, I just wanted everyone to know exactly who I am and give me the parole with the promise that I'd give the kind of effort that is typical of me.

I'm glad it worked, but I also worried the other prisoners would be annoyed by my post-mania and try to stop me. :p
You did more than just JJJ. You JJJJJJ'd.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 16
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hey what's this?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I very much want to change my "Racketeer" rank/title thing to "Prisoner 509378".
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote:Are the results public of the last prisoner challenge?
Good question! You all failed; it was the Warden's death that got you in here. We realized we made it ridiculously difficult though, so it worked out.

Here were the results:

Cell 1 - S~V~S and Typhoony - 21
Cell 2 - G-Man and Metalmarsh - 7
Cell 3 - bea and DharmaHelper - 3
Cell 4 - juliets and timmer - 19
Cell 5 - a2thezebra and Scotty - 5
Cell 7 - Black Rock and Quin - 15
Cell 9 - ika and Silverwolf - 21
Cell 10 - indiglo and thellama - 0

Cell 6 was vacant and Cell 8 didn't apply because Sorsha's shanking that previous day meant Boomslang was by himself.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

How long did it take you cops to figure out I was the Don? I assumed you had me on Night 2 or 3, whenever those failed arrests happened. I even asked Daisy if I'd be allowed to roleclaim because I didn't want the cops to have information that my family didn't. I was not allowed to.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Spacedaisy wrote:I actually almost mixed up Quin and Sig. Since Sig was searching for the rookie cop and Quin was searching for his lover (Nero) I got them mixed up and we sent Sig and Nero a message saying they were lovers and found each other. Luckily, I realized my mistake before either of them opened it and we deleted the message. Oh, and Quin, I felt so bad for you. Your lover was alive all that time and you just couldn't find each other!

Lol, Epi's reaction, was "Fuck, Jay is a prisoner!"
LOL, yeah, Epi PMed me the moment JJJ started supatowning in the main thread and said something to the effect of "Fuck, JJJ is a prisoner. RIP my team." :haha:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

3? We got a 3? Damnit.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:

Oh no, I realized I have zero fat chances to challenge you. So I buddied you. :cloud9:

Actually, until we broke out of prison, I thought I landed with Diiny in my cell. Which was funny, because Dinny slipped on RYM that he was mislynched. Diiny played hard the first Days on CD-FIVEMOREINITIALS, so I imagined he'd work hard in Prison and Parole duty, too. But yeah, as soon as Day 5 started, I fully realized who I really partnered with.

Plus, I actually had a big schemng plan to pretend I'm Diiny and demand my parole, once prison break would occur... only for the Hosts to enforce the no-hint rule. D'oh.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

How did the Prison work? What was going on in there?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I very much want to change my "Racketeer" rank/title thing to "Prisoner 509378".
:mafia:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Are the results public of the last prisoner challenge?
Good question! You all failed.

Story of Syndicate Penitenciary starting Day 8 or so onwards. :haha:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote:3? We got a 3? Damnit.
bea only gave Kevin Spacey as one answer... and it was like one of the four you didn't!!! :haha:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote:How did the Prison work? What was going on in there?
Can you see it? It should be a subforum under Current Job #2. If not, then I've got more permissions to fix.

Further, if you ISO my posts you should be able to find a detailed spoiler post as well as a few other blurbs that together will tell you about everything in prison.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Ricochet wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:

Oh no, I realized I have zero fat chances to challenge you. So I buddied you. :cloud9:

Actually, until we broke out of prison, I thought I landed with Diiny in my cell. Which was funny, because Dinny slipped on RYM that he was mislynched. Diiny played hard the first Days on CD-FIVEMOREINITIALS, so I imagined he'd work hard in Prison and Parole duty, too. But yeah, as soon as Day 5 started, I fully realized who I really partnered with.

Plus, I actually had a big schemng plan to pretend I'm Diiny and demand my parole, once prison break would occur... only for the Hosts to enforce the no-hint rule. D'oh.
I'm pretty sure they only told you not to hint at you truly are. There's no rule against hinting that you're somebody you're not.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:3? We got a 3? Damnit.
bea only gave Kevin Spacey as one answer... and it was like one of the four you didn't!!! :haha:
GRUMBLE GRUMBLE GRUMBLE

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:How did the Prison work? What was going on in there?
Can you see it? It should be a subforum under Current Job #2. If not, then I've got more permissions to fix.

Further, if you ISO my posts you should be able to find a detailed spoiler post as well as a few other blurbs that together will tell you about everything in prison.
I haven't checked yet. :)
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 6

Post by G-Man »

Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Yo, winners, check it out!

Wear it with pride. :slick:
Yassss numero 6!

Easiest one I ever achieved, too. :grin:
Maybe it was easy for you because you got out Night 5. Holy heck did we have to claw our way through some insane stuff! Yes, please please please open those Prison Yard threads. I want everyone to behold the insanity of that 10-minute post challenge.

Now, let good old Dr. Evil explain a few things...

When I was approached about joining this game in secret I knew that, for me to stay engaged, I had to play in character. The prison aspect sounded like it get get either dull or hostile or both depending on how well we did with those challenges. I gave MP and SD a choice of three characters I would play as:

-Dr. Evil (which they picked, probably because he was the only one with a prison pic)

-Gollum/Smeagol from Lord of the Rings (would have been fun but I probably never would have been paroled)

-Olaf from Frozen (I was secretly hoping they'd pick this one but I probably would have drove too many prisoners nuts and they'd have shanked me)

I played in character 100% of the time until those posting challenges broke me. I even PM'ed the hosts as Dr. Evil. It was fun.

On our first day in prison, I wrote a big long spiel about how the original prisoners should all stick together and make sure only original prisoners got paroled when the chance arose. It was called Operation Improbably Victorious You or Operation IVY. In true Dr. Evil form, this was wordplay because Operation Ivy was an influential ska-punk band in the late 80s that eventually became the 90s punk band Rancid. It was my version of the "Alan Parsons Project" that Dr. Evil created. I later created an acronym for the BUDDY System for the posting challenges but I can't remember what it all stood for. Go find it in the prison threads.

I tried to pick a fight with Scotty during the prison break so I could do the whole "Scotty don't!" bit to some length but he either wasn't around or wasn't interested. I also tried to do the "zip it" and "shh!" bits with a few people but it never lasted long enough. Oh well.

We original prisoners were tight. I'm proud of all of them. We worked so hard and a few of the newbies worked hard too, so major kudos to them as well! The prison, at times, felt like a sick and twisted team-building exercise. It was a trying ordeal but rewarding in the end.

No non-original prisoner got paroled. How cool is that? Operation IVY was actually conceived out of my own paranoia that non-original prisoners would eventually outnumber original prisoners and start shanking us. They outnumbered us soon enough but not enough of them seemed to care or organize enough against us. So thanks for that!

Did anyone figure out it was me behind the Dr. Evil shtick? I was half-worried that it would be too obvious because playing in character would stand out and I've developed a reputation for standing out through my posting methods.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I very much want to change my "Racketeer" rank/title thing to "Prisoner 509378".
:mafia:
Score. :beer:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Regarding P-Scores, no one's P-Score will be modified for this game, even though I'm a believer in the system. Everyone that did end up flake on participation, whether in the main game or in prison, gave me at least some indication of RL stuff happening or asked to be replaced. I don't feel any of you hung us up to dry or anything like that.

Thanks again to all of you; you made this a truly awesome hosting experience. I still can't believe it's over, even though it was exhausting.

Please keep chugging away questions; I'm sure there are things I've forgotten.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Sloonei wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:

I'm pretty sure they only told you not to hint at you truly are. There's no rule against hinting that you're somebody you're not.
I would have broken the "hint that I might have had a past in the main game" rule.

Return to “Previous Jobs”