@golden its not case sensative is it?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day One

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matt wrote:Linki - 3J, I was wondering the same, but I think sig pointed out that the colors are just telling us the location of each player.

Linki linki linki
Werd. I suppose I'll act on the one-toaster-team angle until given a reason not to.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I think that human non-cylons being Mafia merely because there were conflicting stories and antagonists within the human universe of the show would be a stretch in the current balance we're supposedly dealing with.

Why is the humans v cylons separation of roles unsatisfying for you on a civs vs mafia level?
Dude, please start talking to me like I'm a third grader cuz that's basically my mental capacity, k thanks.

Anyway, nowhere in the roles does it say civs or mafia, and I think that's interesting. It seems like Golden is a big fan of the show, so I can definitely imagine a mafia team perhaps consisting of only humans, tbh.

The only definite Mafia Cylon I could name would be Number One, John.
Or maybe I drew a Cylon card, and know I'm civvie, so I want to bring up the possibility of humans being mafia. :shrug2:

Linki - 3J, I was wondering the same, but I think sig pointed out that the colors are just telling us the location of each player.

Linki linki linki[/quote]

did the upload file / attachment function disappear, btw?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

Long Con wrote:
Anastasia 'Dee' Dualla - Dee is the voice people hear on the other end of the line, as she is the one who relays the Admirals orders to the viper pilots as they fight. Her voice brings them home. Once in the game, Dee can PM the host during a night phase and stop any human death during that night. If Dee attempts to use this ability unsuccessfully (that is, she does not prevent any human kill that night), she retains the ability until she uses it successfully.
So, should Dee just use this ability every night, until it triggers and saves a human? It's like a guaranteed save for the first Civvie to die at night, right? Host: would we get to know the identity of the saved player? Or would Dee? I guess that goes for Doctor saves as well. Looking over my post before posting, I suppose this could fail to save a Civvie IF the Final Five are town-aligned. But then it wouldn't be used up either.
Some clarifications about Dee's role (and Cottle's):

1) It will save a member of the final five, regardless of whether or not they know they are a member of the final five. It works on anyone labelled a 'human' in the game roles. It may work on the secret role if the secret role is a human and not a cylon.

2) No person will know the identity of a saved person. This includes Cottle saving anyone.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Overall, I'm going to sum up Matt's current theories as one of the following:

a) knowing or extrapolating something, likely from his role, that I don't or can't, as per fraking usual
b) Matttalk
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

JJJ, why the popcorn?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

ika wrote:
LoRab wrote:
1. Then please explain why a host would make win conditions unknown in a game that was a simple, typically structured game.

WIFOM, if you knew my hosting i would do something like this, not only thta i have seen tons of closed games that look super complex but are really jsut mafia vs town on the base. techancly speaking all game son the surface are mafia vs town.

2. OK, maybe that works for you. If someone told me I was incapable of change, it would be very insulting to me. I guess I'm just putting my own lens on what you said. But, really, I would not accept someone who told me I couldn't convincingly play a game of strategy with them.

more power to you. silver knows that what i say is praise to her. shes out atm but i know when she catches up she will clarify a lot of what is under your lens vs what we see

3. I'm not going to speak for the connections that other people have and what words they use to define and describe their connection. I don't buy that your connection is any deeper or qualitatively different in terms of ability to read each others' games.

again, where did i say you ahve to?
lorab why do you keep acting like im trying to convince you right now? i have yet to even say that towards anyone so where is this coming from?
Why are you posting your opinions if you aren't, on a certain level, trying to convince others to agree with you?

I'm simply expressing disagreement, or at least lack of trust.

Also, I appreciate your belief. that said, I want to know what will happen when you read her wrong. Because it's inevitable. Maybe I'm just a cynic.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

Ricochet wrote:Overall, I'm going to sum up Matt's current theories as one of the following:

a) knowing or extrapolating something, likely from his role, that I don't or can't, as per fraking usual
b) Matttalk
I find your unwillingness to agree that it's possible some humans could be mafia...is strange. Especially since it seems like you've seen the show yourself.

Hrm.
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote:JJJ, why the popcorn?
You unwittingly engaged in a discussion that has taken place in pretty much every ika/Silverwolf game here to date. To be fair, their records have mostly reflected their claims that they read one another effectively.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 208

Post by indiglo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Given that the toasters are divided into two colors like the humans, does anyone think we should be perceiving them as separate toaster teams? I ask because eight seems like a huge number for just one team.
I had this pulled to reply to, though someone else has already replied w/something similar to my thoughts. From what Golden posted, it is possible that all 8 don't start with BTSC. (All conjecture at this point, as per Golden, but it's fun, innit?) Also, on the show, there was occasionally dissent amongst the toasters. So maybe that may be an issue their team will have to deal with, I don't know.

Also, what about the non-humanoid toasters? Could the Secret be about that? I do not know a lot of the things I would like to know. But, that is life, mon ami. :beer:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

This is kind of tricky because I don't want to spoil the show for anyone who hasn't seen it, but whatevs...
On the show, Felix is a stand up dude, probably the most stand up dude in the entire fleet, until he becomes a traitor and attempts to overthrow and murder Adama.
How come you can't see Felix as a member of a Mafia team then, Rico?
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Wtf why did my spoiler come out like that?

Laaaaame
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Overall, I'm going to sum up Matt's current theories as one of the following:

b) Matttalk
I find your unwillingness to agree that it's possible some humans could be mafia...is strange. Especially since it seems like you've seen the show yourself.

Hrm.
You always find my unwillingness towards your theories strange, it's part of who you are. I never disagreed with the likelyhood of the concept of humans switching to mafia, but for me the biggest odds on that deal with the Final Five. Which you're telling me to frakin' leave aside, simply because Zarek was a bad bully and Gaeta turned mutinous in the show.
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 208

Post by indiglo »

Golden wrote:
indiglo wrote:TBH that "So say we all" rule is not necessarily a common type of role here either. (So far as I am aware.) I'm surprised more people haven't forgotten about it! It sounded kind of like Golden is giving us all a free day on these kinds of technical issues anyway, so hopefully it won't be a problem for anyone today.

I think keeping track of who forgets to do so could potentially prove helpful, just to see if there are consequences and/or what they might be. Unless they are made public by Admiral Golden.
Punishments for role breaches will not be made public by me, although it is possible that sometimes they will be visible in the thread. I am not giving people a free day on that particular rule. I've kept a very careful list, and Ricochet was down a name :feb:

Ruh-roh Shaggy!

Oh sorry, wrong show.

FRAK! Well, hopefully some of them were toasters.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Lol Rico is probably Felix and a civvie.

Hahahaha.
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matt wrote:Wtf why did my spoiler come out like that?

Laaaaame
Stick a quote inside the spoiler to use the black backdrop, otherwise they'll all do that.

Gotta run for now. Y'all need to say some crazy stuff and rev this thread up into a frenzy, so I have more to talk about next time I drop by.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:Lol Rico is probably Felix and a civvie.

Hahahaha.
I am Ryuk, ok?
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

So say we all.

As long as I'm playing catch-up, I'm just going to post that line every time I post just in case. :noble:

Sorry for not helping with the cipher puzzle. I made my fake-out Joker meme post and then my wife wanted to watch another episode of The People v. OJ Simpson while we still get it On Demand. After OJ, our four-year-old woke up crying because she peed the bed. After dealing with that, we were both tired. With tired eyes, tired minds, tired souls, we slept.

I'm up to page 8 but the baby needs her bottle. This game starting on a weekend means I'm going to be a ghost for the most part. The admiral jumping the fleet mechanic is going to drive my spreadsheet crazy but I shall persevere.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 326

Post by ika »

LoRab wrote:
Why are you posting your opinions if you aren't, on a certain level, trying to convince others to agree with you?

becasue silver works best when i give her space. me going "SILVERS TOWN DONT DO ANYTHING" leads to what happend in turf: me and her being pissed off that people.

if people were trying to lycnh her or something of the sort i would porb be more forthcomign with me conviction but as you can see thats not the case so.....

I'm simply expressing disagreement, or at least lack of trust.

i get that but your repeative incentive of it is whats really off? last game we had this we had scum tryign to discredit (liek you are doing now)

Also, I appreciate your belief. that said, I want to know what will happen when you read her wrong. Because it's inevitable. Maybe I'm just a cynic.

it wont.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Btw I'm kind of confused on the ika thing...

Is he still able to legit vote in the thread or does he just not get to vote now?
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I am hereby acknowledging theory A as part of my two explanations regarding what Matt is so adamant to bring up, in that there's a chance the good-evil relation between humans and cylons may indeed be blurred out and that he has knowledge or inference regarding it.

Now go on and tell me how that affects my task of hunting down scum, given that I am civilian, because frak if I understand. :shrug:
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Matt wrote:Btw I'm kind of confused on the ika thing...

Is he still able to legit vote in the thread or does he just not get to vote now?
i can vote in thread still. im porb gonna place it in the next few hrs or so...
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

ika wrote:@golden its not case sensative is it?
lol no it's not. You and JJ were all good.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I'm gonna take a breather and go do list of films. I spent way too much time here during this evening and I'm not sure what it amounted to.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Ricochet wrote:I am hereby acknowledging theory A as part of my two explanations regarding what Matt is so adamant to bring up, in that there's a chance the good-evil relation between humans and cylons may indeed be blurred out and that he has knowledge or inference regarding it.

Now go on and tell me how that affects my task of hunting down scum, given that I am civilian, because frak if I understand. :shrug:
Between the two, as much as I don't like the phrase, I'd say theory B "Matttalk" is actually the case here.

So you agree then that it's possible Felix or Zarek (and less likely, Gaius) could be Mafia then? I was just curious why you seemed to be against that option earlier.

Linki - Bye bye Rico! I'm gonna get ready for work peeps, but I'll be back in about 30, and I'll still have an hour or so to play around if anyone wants to chatter about dem toasters!!
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I am hereby acknowledging theory A as part of my two explanations regarding what Matt is so adamant to bring up, in that there's a chance the good-evil relation between humans and cylons may indeed be blurred out and that he has knowledge or inference regarding it.

Between the two, as much as I don't like the phrase, I'd say theory B "Matttalk" is actually the case here.

So you agree then that it's possible Felix or Zarek (and less likely, Gaius) could be Mafia then? I was just curious why you seemed to be against that option earlier.

Linki - Bye bye Rico! I'm gonna get ready for work peeps, but I'll be back in about 30, and I'll still have an hour or so to play around if anyone wants to chatter about dem toasters!!
I agree with whatever you fraking want me to believe, you've fried my fraking brain yet again with your "what ifs" and it's only Day One. You have info or inference and you can't stop itching to share it with the world via conundrums, I get it.

You haven't said how is that supposed to affect my task of hunting down mafia.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 142
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I don't know who these "toasters" are because I've never seen the show. Can someone give me an explanation?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

juliets wrote:I don't know who these "toasters" are because I've never seen the show. Can someone give me an explanation?
Cylons.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh - that was easy. Thanks Rico. While I'm here, it's too early for me to have any good reads. I do have a question though - ika, have you been right every time you have predicted silver's alignment in a game? Maybe you answered that but if you did I missed it.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

I'm camping this weekend and the Internet is spotty. I was able to at least catch up but it took forever so now my phone battery is drained. Will try to stop by again later tonight and give some thoughts ahead of the vote, but honestly my lack of BG knowledge is making me feel lost. I had the impression that the cylons were the bad guys as they are the second group of characters, but then someone was saying back that people might not know if they are a bad guy? So are the cylons not the mafia? So confused.

Anyway, going swim in a water fall now. Check in later.
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

is there a phone app for this forum? Does it work with tappatalk or anything?
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

juliets wrote:Oh - that was easy. Thanks Rico. While I'm here, it's too early for me to have any good reads. I do have a question though - ika, have you been right every time you have predicted silver's alignment in a game? Maybe you answered that but if you did I missed it.
Yes, every time i have played with her i have came to the right conclusion much like she has as well.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

@Host - On a basic level, are we to interpret the distribution in the role list between Humans and Cylons as the traditional opposing civilian and mafia game factions?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Ricochet wrote:@Host - On a basic level, are we to interpret the distribution in the role list between Humans and Cylons as the traditional opposing civilian and mafia game factions?
:shrug:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Ok, then. I guess it's close to how Matt projected it. Cylons, as they appear, may in fact be (or grow?) divided and split allegiances, some of the humans may turn out to be treacherous, and the Final Five will probably be a mixed bag of Cylons who might stick with the human cause and those who might turn against (or grow indifferent and thus have indy value).

Matt is either a role with description or powers that allowed him to form such deductions or a role with a contradictory allegiance compared to how that role appears on the list, taunting us as one of the human roles he so much claims to be potential traitors or rather a Cylon trying to change the perception of the thread and maybe earn clemency.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Ricochet wrote:Ok, then. I guess it's close to how Matt projected it. Cylons, as they appear, may in fact be (or grow?) divided and split allegiances, some of the humans may turn out to be treacherous, and the Final Five will probably be a mixed bag of Cylons who might stick with the human cause and those who might turn against (or grow indifferent and thus have indy value).

Matt is either a role with description or powers that allowed him to form such deductions or a role with a contradictory allegiance compared to how that role appears on the list, taunting us as one of the human roles he so much claims to be potential traitors or rather a Cylon trying to change the perception of the thread and maybe earn clemency.
Or I've seen the show.

Derp.
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Ok, then. I guess it's close to how Matt projected it. Cylons, as they appear, may in fact be (or grow?) divided and split allegiances, some of the humans may turn out to be treacherous, and the Final Five will probably be a mixed bag of Cylons who might stick with the human cause and those who might turn against (or grow indifferent and thus have indy value).

Or I've seen the show.

Derp.
I've also seen the show and it took roughly two seasons for things to get deeply nuanced between the basic human-cylon war, especially including the three human names you keep bringing up. I'm sorry for sounding more like Epignosis and expecting at least some shred of basic good-evil clear factional antagonism, instead of predicting total design mindfrakkery.

Also no, you're one of the things I mentioned.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Ricochet wrote:
Matt wrote:

Or I've seen the show.

Derp.
I've also seen the show and it took roughly two seasons for things to get deeply nuanced between the basic human-cylon war, especially including the three human names you keep bringing up. I'm sorry for sounding more like Epignosis and expecting at least some shred of basic good-evil clear factional antagonism, instead of predicting total design mindfrakkery.

Ummm okay.

G2H am I a human fighting for the Cylons or a Cylon looking to kick some toaster ass? In your faulty opinion, of course.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

juliets wrote:I don't know who these "toasters" are because I've never seen the show. Can someone give me an explanation?
Ping!

in the time it took juliets to say this, she could've googled "battlestar galactica" and "toasters" and probably come up with the answer herself. Hrm.

But right now, my FoS (as people have called it) is squarely on RicoTech.
Image Image Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Matt wrote:
Ping!

in the time it took juliets to say this, she could've googled "battlestar galactica" and "toasters" and probably come up with the answer herself. Hrm.

I did google battlestar galactica and couldnt find it. I googled battlestar galactica toasters and I got toasters that had galactica emblems or something on them. So i asked.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Matt wrote:

Or I've seen the show.

Derp.

Ummm okay.

G2H am I a human fighting for the Cylons or a Cylon looking to kick some toaster ass? In your faulty opinion, of course.
Simply based on you fretting so much to open the public's eye to this plausible perspective, I'd slightly rank the odds as: 1) Cylon trying to earn clemency, 2) Matt trying to frak with us for the umpteenth time, 3) human or Cylon who might have the win con of giving no fucks who wins between the two sides, 4) basic human whose role allowed him to discern or infer some things about how things might shape up.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Lol juliets. Small ping, mind you, but I always come up with shit like that and am almost always wrong. :)

Rico - I laughed at option 2.

Also, none of those descriptions fit my role but mmmkay.
Image Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

juliets wrote:
Matt wrote:
Ping!

I did google battlestar galactica and couldnt find it. I googled battlestar galactica toasters and I got toasters that had galactica emblems or something on them. So i asked.
"Toaster" is a nickname for cylons becasue they are machines.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Thanks SVS for providing the reasoning.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Also, Rico...

I don't think your view on how you thought the set up was actually hinders your ability to scum hunt. I just didn't like how you were not open to the possibility of my idea, especially given that you've seen the show, apparently know quite a bit about it yourself, but didn't agree that humans could also be mafia.

Anyway, given Golden's shrug response to you, I believe you're right and I hit the nail on the head. This means that it's possible Dee will protect a mafia with her one use protect a human power...so use it wisely, Dee :)
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Also, given that it's very possible humans could be mafia, slight scum read on Long Con for suggesting Dee use her power every single night until it's used up.

Can you imagine? LC brings that idea up. Dee follows through. Mafia hopes that Dee goes along with this, targets one of their own Night 1, and BOOM, skates the rest of the game.
Image Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

Oh reading back I see Rico already answered. I started watching the show, and thought I missed some backstory, and find there was a mini series. So I am pretty much in the dark, too.

But the host says we don't NEED to know canon,but it helps. So say we all.
Polo wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Re puzzle solvers: Civvies or cred seekers. Golden said there were limited chances to solve and time limits. I would guess that would mean negative consequences for NOT solving since I don't see positive results for having solved it (unless the puzzle solvers got something not publicized in thread). His initial post doesn't mention consequence or reward.
Golden wrote:A message has been intercepted which may help us be rid of the cylons. However, little can be read.

Each person may name one letter. First three letters named in the thread will be added to the cypher.

You have 33 minutes to solve it.

~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~
I don't doubt baddies would white knight on the puzzle solving for cred to the point of solving it; I have seen people, notably aapje, doing this in the past. Especially if you are someone people expect it of. So I won't give people special cred for doing it BUT with no mention of consequences, I don't see a motivation for Scotty or polo specifically to do it since their puzzleyness is unknown to most of us. I would not expect it of them, so I would not have noticed it had they not.
There is in fact mention of consequence; read the roles again:
Golden wrote:
Galen Tyrol – Tyrol is the chief mechanic on board Galactica. Periodically, Galactica will come under Cylon attack. As long as Tyrol is alive, he will hold Galactica together and attacks will have no effect. If Tyrol is dead, however, Cylon attacks on Galactica have a chance of causing the death of an occupant on the Galactica, and a small chance of causing the destruction of Galactica and everyone on board.
Of course, we all know Galen Tyrol is alive and kicking, but we all need to be used to the solving these puzzles because Galen Tyrol may die any die and the only way we could be able to save our butts could be to solve these things.

Better to get used to it now than later!
OK, I feel really stupid now. What is the connection? How does this imply consequences in an event?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Gotta run for now. Y'all need to say some crazy stuff and rev this thread up into a frenzy, so I have more to talk about next time I drop by.
Alrighty then, how's this: I am Galen. Discuss!
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Golden
The Coward

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - 33

Post by Golden »

If one presumes anything other than that I don't intend for clarity out of my shrugs, you are probably doing it wrong. The best presumption is that I hoped the game would throw up these discussions, regardless of the truth of game setup, and it's much more interesting for me to watch exploration of what the game might be than to give you any hint of what it is.

Return to “Previous Jobs”