Golden
33%

Total votes: 15
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day One

Post by Ricochet »

Not sure if I should say the salute, after SVS said it. Then again, she didn't salute properly Admiral Goldama herself, so it's prolly nothing to follow protocol. ;)

G-Man, outing is forbidden, so there's not much to discuss about your fake claim, except if a modkill happens to come up next.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - 33

Post by Matt »

Golden wrote:If one presumes anything other than that I don't intend for clarity out of my shrugs, you are probably doing it wrong. The best presumption is that I hoped the game would throw up these discussions, regardless of the truth of game setup, and it's much more interesting for me to watch exploration of what the game might be than to give you any hint of what it is.
Cool but I still think LC might be bad now.

Whaaaat up
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

Anyway, this has been mighty enjoyable, but work beckons.

Right now, if I had to vote...wow prolly a coin flip between Rico and LC, or maybe just Rico cuz there's somethin' iffy there.

Later peeps!
Image Image Image Image
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

Ricochet wrote:Not sure if I should say the salute, after SVS said it. Then again, she didn't salute properly Admiral Goldama herself, so it's prolly nothing to follow protocol. ;)

G-Man, outing is forbidden, so there's not much to discuss about your fake claim, except if a modkill happens to come up next.
Ah, but it is not a fake claim. The G in G-Man stands for Galen, which is my name. :D

Whoever has the Galen Tyrol role is now automatically cooler than they were before because they are now a Galen like me. :slick:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:Anyway, this has been mighty enjoyable, but work beckons.

Right now, if I had to vote...wow prolly a coin flip between Rico and LC, or maybe just Rico cuz there's somethin' iffy there.

Later peeps!
There's nothing iffy about how human civilian I am, but go ahead and vote me for not listening to you or whatever your reason is.
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 326

Post by ika »

Ricochet wrote:

Later peeps!
There's nothing iffy about how human civilian I am, but go ahead and vote me for not listening to you or whatever your reason is.
That's quite a defensive remark for one threat.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
nutella wrote:JJJ, why the popcorn?
You unwittingly engaged in a discussion that has taken place in pretty much every ika/Silverwolf game here to date. To be fair, their records have mostly reflected their claims that they read one another effectively.
I don't believe I've ever played with either of them. Regardless of their history, I really dislike ika's tone. Maybe it's not much basis for suspicion, especially now I'm aware it's common behavior, but I really don't like it and his unshakeability rubs me the wrong way.
Matt wrote:
Golden wrote:If one presumes anything other than that I don't intend for clarity out of my shrugs, you are probably doing it wrong. The best presumption is that I hoped the game would throw up these discussions, regardless of the truth of game setup, and it's much more interesting for me to watch exploration of what the game might be than to give you any hint of what it is.
Cool but I still think LC might be bad now.

Whaaaat up

Pls explain??
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

Whoa, ika is spelling correctly now!
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

The Host is currently the second highest poster in his own game. :suspish:
ika wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Later peeps!
That's quite a defensive remark for one threat.
He developed suspicions and the thought of voting me toDay enough times already, plus this remark above hinted at approaching some resolution. I would not count that as "one".
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

Ricochet wrote:Not sure if I should say the salute, after SVS said it. Then again, she didn't salute properly Admiral Goldama herself, so it's prolly nothing to follow protocol. ;)

What?
1) After either the Admiral or your esteemed host addresses the colonies and ends the address with "So Say We All", your first post MUST begin with “So Say We All”, or else you may be guilty of treason, punishable by time in the brig, or other punishments up to and including death, and by generally being branded a cylon sympathiser by the rest of the population.
This is the rule. Why would it be an issue saying it after I said it? Someone earlier (G Man,maybe?) said they were gonna say it every post,and that kinda makes sense to me since there are punishments and I already will be getting one.

Why are you so obsessed on this point? To look involved?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 310

Post by Silverwolf »

FoS Ricochet for not being able to get a read of any kind on ika after having a long convo with him and after ika has posted numerous times.

Also, he spent a huge amount of time trying to discredit ika's townread on me and other townreads as well.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

S~V~S wrote:

What?
1) After either the Admiral or your esteemed host addresses the colonies and ends the address with "So Say We All", your first post MUST begin with “So Say We All”, or else you may be guilty of treason, punishable by time in the brig, or other punishments up to and including death, and by generally being branded a cylon sympathiser by the rest of the population.
This is the rule. Why would it be an issue saying it after I said it? Someone earlier (G Man,maybe?) said they were gonna say it every post,and that kinda makes sense to me since there are punishments and I already will be getting one.

Why are you so obsessed on this point? To look involved?
I'm not obsessed and I was joking.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Finally downtown Abby is done. Anyone want to see that can look at that now for seeing that I am not afford to town read silver early as town
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Silverwolf wrote:FoS Ricochet for not being able to get a read of any kind on ika after having a long convo with him and after ika has posted numerous times.

Also, he spent a huge amount of time trying to discredit ika's townread on me and other townreads as well.
How humorous that ika can read me without reasoning one bit when asked, simply because it's in his nature, yet I'm supposed to provide reads when asked, that I have clearly stated to have not formed yet, simply because it's not in my nature to post reads when I don't have them.

Where did I discredit ika's townread of you? Did I mention anywhere a read on you or actively disagreed with a townread of you? His townread had two components, of which the first component got me interested in how you behave in the opposite scenario of how you did.

What other townreads have I "discredited"?
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Ricochet wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:FoS Ricochet for not being able to get a read of any kind on ika after having a long convo with him and after ika has posted numerous times.

How humorous that ika can read me without reasoning one bit when asked, simply because it's in his nature, yet I'm supposed to provide reads when asked, that I have clearly stated to have not formed yet, simply because it's not in my nature to post reads when I don't have them.

Where did I discredit ika's townread of you? Did I mention anywhere a read on you or actively disagreed with a townread of you? His townread had two components, of which the first component got me interested in how you behave in the opposite scenario of how you did.

god i should garcia this cus its fairly obvious and i was seeing it myself.....
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 310

Post by Silverwolf »

Ricochet wrote:

Mine on Polo for starters. Also, anyone townreading any of the puzzle solvers. Then ika's on me.

I'd say more but I'm going out and can address this more when I get back.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Silverwolf wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Mine on Polo for starters. Also, anyone townreading any of the puzzle solvers. Then ika's on me.

I'd say more but I'm going out and can address this more when I get back.
So me literally saying "I think Silverwolf's assessment of it is quite fair" is me discrediting you?

Me merely having empirical reservations about it being the case that challenge solvers are town-prone and reservations that a player of any color would not express frustration at being called out for doing heavy duty is discrediting townreads?

I literally said what I had to say about not discrediting ika's townread of you in the quote above, so I'm not sure that accusation resurfaced completely unchanged.

You are using the word discredit for things I did not to. And me explaining things (such as what I was curious about in the convo with ika) seems to fall on deaf ears?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

ika wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

god i should garcia this cus its fairly obvious and i was seeing it myself.....
I suggest you Juarez it instead and explain what the frak a garcia is supposed to mean.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I'm not sure why*
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

ehhhh the interccation you had with me was quite questionable even form MPOV, you said you still have no read on me so why are you not trying to get one?

aslo whats your read on silver?

garcia is when you answer a question directed at someone else BTW
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

i mena your line of quesitoning was basilcy tryig to cast doubt on me town reading her.

not only that you say not not a meta person but did you knwo you have used meta on me this game?
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Vompatti »

voted ika dfor exisescessive tpos
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

ika wrote:ehhhh the interccation you had with me was quite questionable even form MPOV, you said you still have no read on me so why are you not trying to get one?

Maybe I'm not trying because it's 2am after a day in which I spent 7 hours at a course recapping pedagogy.
Maybe I'm a more systematic reader who doesn't simply have one ready for everyone, at any time, nor did scrutinous reading at this stage to immediately form an impression. When I had some opinions on some issues or players, so far, I've said them.

All I remember from Silver was her stance on towncredding players who work on challenges. I had no issues with her perspective and have formed no read from that. I have not kept in memory, or formed opinions, on any other major point she made, although this new conversation with her, in which she uses proven improper words (discrediting) and keeps pedalling on issues (my conversation with you), is something new to consider. If it would be EoD right now, I would probably place her neutral.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Vompatti wrote:voted ika dfor exisescessive tpos
Funny I did that in hesit and you didn't bat an eye to it iirc
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

ika wrote:i mena your line of quesitoning was basilcy tryig to cast doubt on me town reading her.

not only that you say not not a meta person but did you knwo you have used meta on me this game?
You misremember. I said I'm not a meta collector, to have spreadsheets from countless games ready to ascertain and appeal to it. And I don't believe in meta being rigid, the way you do.

I must ask, however, where exactly I "used meta" on you, in contradictory fashion or otherwise?
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Vompatti »

ika wrote:
Vompatti wrote:voted ika dfor exisescessive tpos
Funny I did that in hesit and you didn't bat an eye to it iirc
hiehst .qm.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Ricochet wrote:
ika wrote:i mena your line of quesitoning was basilcy tryig to cast doubt on me town reading her.

You misremember. I said I'm not a meta collector, to have spreadsheets from countless games ready to ascertain and appeal to it. And I don't believe in meta being rigid, the way you do.

I must ask, however, where exactly I "used meta" on you, in contradictory fashion or otherwise?
actualy it was JJJ, but still my former point still stands
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Ricochet wrote:
ika wrote:ehhhh the interccation you had with me was quite questionable even form MPOV, you said you still have no read on me so why are you not trying to get one?

Maybe I'm not trying because it's 2am after a day in which I spent 7 hours at a course recapping pedagogy.
Maybe I'm a more systematic reader who doesn't simply have one ready for everyone, at any time, nor did scrutinous reading at this stage to immediately form an impression. When I had some opinions on some issues or players, so far, I've said them.

All I remember from Silver was her stance on towncredding players who work on challenges. I had no issues with her perspective and have formed no read from that. I have not kept in memory, or formed opinions, on any other major point she made, although this new conversation with her, in which she uses proven improper words (discrediting) and keeps pedalling on issues (my conversation with you), is something new to consider. If it would be EoD right now, I would probably place her neutral.
well you realize most times i take RL for grians of salt for making reads?

me and silver have plenty of post spilled about and you had a covo with me so how you dont have a read is quite atonishing
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 382

Post by a2thezebra »

ika wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
ika wrote:im curious why zebra was here but never made any comments
Excuse me?
i didnt notice your comments offhand cus everyone was posting so fast.

i do have to ask why you made so little when i saw you for a majority of the time
I post what I feel like posting. :slick:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

a2thezebra wrote:
ika wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Excuse me?

i do have to ask why you made so little when i saw you for a majority of the time
fair enough, got any read or GTH stuff or anything you want to share?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

ika wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Does it? In merely two lines we went from discussing your town read on her to having a discussion on principles regarding how would Silver behave if bad and why it would be without any plausible variation.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Ricochet wrote:
ika wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Does it? In merely two lines we went from discussing your town read on her to having a discussion on principles regarding how would Silver behave if bad and why it would be without any plausible variation.
yes, it still stands. i know her play and what she does and doesnt do as town and scum, you know you can ask her as well. asking me about it looks like a diffrent thing entirely and a way to discredit me and cast doubt
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

add in the fact you are apprently null reading her and STILL have no read on me.....

ya i can say theres a lot of problems with the dicussion
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

ika wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

well you realize most times i take RL for grians of salt for making reads?

me and silver have plenty of post spilled about and you had a covo with me so how you dont have a read is quite atonishing
You're free to take everything with a grain of salt as you wish, this is Mafia after all, but that doesn't make less an argument on my behalf on why I can't be operational whenever someone demands it.

As for the rest, read again line number 2. I had a conversation with you about how Silver would behave in a context opposite to what happened in this game and you're astonished I don't have a read on you out of that conversation?!
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Ricochet wrote:
You're free to take everything with a grain of salt as you wish, this is Mafia after all, but that doesn't make less an argument on my behalf on why I can't be operational whenever someone demands it.

As for the rest, read again line number 2. I had a conversation with you about how Silver would behave in a context opposite to what happened in this game and you're astonished I don't have a read on you out of that conversation?!
you are having a converstaion with me right now and you still see to be making no progress to a read on by the looks of it....

do you have a point to this if its not making reads?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

ika wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
ika wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

yes, it still stands. i know her play and what she does and doesnt do as town and scum, you know you can ask her as well. asking me about it looks like a diffrent thing entirely and a way to discredit me and cast doubt
Asking you about the opposite scenario of the context in which you townread Silver is discrediting your townread on Silver. Got it.
ika wrote:add in the fact you are apprently null reading her and STILL have no read on me.....

ya i can say theres a lot of problems with the dicussion
I had two pieces of material on Silver that formed a read, yeah.

I have no pieces of material on you to form a read. And to anticipate you bringing it up, a conversation on principles about Silver evading scumtells or not being material for a read on you would be most inconsequential.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Ricochet wrote:

I have no pieces of material on you to form a read. And to anticipate you bringing it up, a conversation on principles about Silver evading scumtells or not being material for a read on you would be most inconsequential.
on the conatray theres a lot of consequence to it. can you figure it out?

and if im not having anytihng to form reads why dont you ask me stuff that makes reads. cus otherwise i tlooks like your trying to do busywork
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

ika wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

you are having a converstaion with me right now and you still see to be making no progress to a read on by the looks of it....

I'm having a constant session of rebuttals, I'd rather say. And it's now 3am, so no, my mood has not risen to grace you with a read. You have a constant problem understanding that a read for me is not merely saying I feel "you're such or such", but an often long process to make a serious judgement. Case in point, me asking you to reason your "read" (using the word lightly because you merely used an appellative) on me only to be rejected, because it's in your nature to sit on it. Don't come demanding reads from me, in a fashion that is not in my nature to provide.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think I'll hand an early town read over to Ricochet too. It's his style to plant himself into discussion with his own perspective and then pointedly contest the perspectives of others that differ (this is not a criticism, I do the same thing). His tone is perhaps a bit more defiant, perhaps even grumpy, but I don't think that's alignment-reflective. I certainly don't think it's a problem that he has offered point-and-counterpoint contests to Matt's theories, because that's exactly what Rico does in Mafia.

I don't think I am inclined to give Matt any similar sort of pseudo-meta credit, because he proved in the 2015 GOC that wild theorizing is a characteristic of everything Matt, not town Matt.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

ika wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
ika wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Excuse me?

Not yet but I won't be missing the vote.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Ricochet wrote:
ika wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

I'm having a constant session of rebuttals, I'd rather say. And it's now 3am, so no, my mood has not risen to grace you with a read. You have a constant problem understanding that a read for me is not merely saying I feel "you're such or such", but an often long process to make a serious judgement. Case in point, me asking you to reason your "read" (using the word lightly because you merely used an appellative) on me only to be rejected, because it's in your nature to sit on it. Don't come demanding reads from me, in a fashion that is not in my nature to provide.
well we are going to be good freinds cus im gonna continue it till i get my results, so be ready :D
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll acknowledge a minor ping on S~V~S, who has been present to discuss puzzle solving and theme-relevant things, but hasn't quite engaged in reads-relevant interaction. By that I mean she hasn't provided a read or the framework for a read, and I don't know that she has said anything yet that boasts much promise to produce a read.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

ika wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

and if im not having anytihng to form reads why dont you ask me stuff that makes reads. cus otherwise i tlooks like your trying to do busywork
No, because it doesn't relate to the context of this game and it doesn't relate to what you would do.

Don't know what that last part means, but frankly, we can stop whenever you like, otherwise I'll keep making rebuttals to what you perceive of what I did. When I'll look over your posts again and have a read, I will post it. You can keep demanding it as much as you like until then, to the same result.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

a2thezebra wrote:
ika wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
ika wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Excuse me?

You're a toaster.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Ricochet wrote:
ika wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

No, because it doesn't relate to the context of this game and it doesn't relate to what you would do.

Don't know what that last part means, but frankly, we can stop whenever you like, otherwise I'll keep making rebuttals to what you perceive of what I did. When I'll look over your posts again and have a read, I will post it. You can keep demanding it as much as you like until then, to the same result.
oh joy that means i get to constantly nag at you askign if you figured it out :P
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

a2thezebra wrote:
ika wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
ika wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Excuse me?

sounds good
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
ika wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
ika wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Excuse me?

You're a toaster.
I beg your pardon.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

a2thezebra wrote:I beg your pardon.
You're so transparently bad that I'm almost inclined to leave you alive just to see what team mates you expose.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
You're so transparently bad that I'm almost inclined to leave you alive just to see what team mates you expose.
Why don't you vote it if you think it's bad
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Wow, you really blow at reading me then.

Return to “Previous Jobs”