33%

Total votes: 15
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 425
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Two

Post by Long Con »

DrumBeats wrote:Catching up right now. First thing I saw and didn't like was Long Con throwing shade at Marmot's random selection within the checkerboard. Long Con is the one who chose the one point out of the checkerboard that has been selected and it doesn't sit well with me that he tried to discredit Marmot for something he himself did.
That's not true, I wasn't trying to discredit MM at all. I was just comparing the flak I got with the smiles and back-pats he got. This analysis of my comments displays a profound misunderstanding of what I was saying.
DrumBeats wrote:
Long Con wrote:So far, I don't recall seeing anyone but me being concerned with the possibility that Drum is a baddie/Cylon who knows that the rez ship is on square A4, or any of the "black" checkerboard squares that we're avoiding. I'm not accusing him, but to not even discuss that the ship could be on a black square is, to me, allowing a big fat blind spot into our plan. So I have absolutely no remorse about choosing D5, I would do it again in a heartbeat. And if you all can't understand and agree with that, then this is NOT a plan that I am on board with, and I'll sabotage it with something smarter whenever I damn well feel like it, for the good of the human race.
Considering we hit a Ress ship with my idea, can we drop this thought process? K thx. Objectively a checkerboard pattern is the best way to hit one if they are not single sector ships. If they are single sector, then it would make no difference between that and random guessing.
DROP the thought process? Absolutely not. Being aware of possible manipulation, and discussing it to put in place safeguards against it, is a thought process that I would prefer more people adopt, rather than me dropping it. As I said before, I will not endorse a plan that wilfully ignores a potential blind spot.
indiglo wrote:Had we stuck to our original checkerboard pattern, B2 would have been called on our 4th sortie. But, after LC intervened, we only got around to it on our 6th sortie. Not only did he change the sector called, he also got us off the checkerboard pattern idea by insinuating it was manipulative. It clearly was not, and the suggestion delayed the destruction of the Rezz Ship by 2 sorties, or 12 hours. Any thoughts on that? Does it still seem like good-natured mischief?
I delayed the discovery of this particular Rez Ship by six hours with my Rogue Sortie. This did not affect the killing of any Cylons. Otherwise, yeah, I didn't blindly trust DrumBeats. Luckily, it seems he was on the level with his pattern. That's called hindsight.
Epignosis wrote:My opinion of Long Con will remain negative as long as his stance toward me is the same.
Maybe we can still be friends like Professor X and Magneto. :srsnod:
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Spacedaisy »

Hmm, that was posting fail, hope you all can sort that...
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

LoRab wrote:
indiglo wrote:Hey, Drums, you triggered another secret event! A Spoiler Tag / Quote malfunction! Hooray!

I did that before. I found it quite disconcerting. Someone will be along to clean it up shortly, I imagine.
OK, sorry for a moment of nostalgia, but this totally made me remember a game from a thousand years ago where every five minutes, the host popped up with, "A secret event has been triggered." I think it was on The Piano, not LP--really early days. ZOMG Zombies, maybe? Or possibly Computer Lab? Or some other game from around that time that I just can't come up with. Does anyone remember? Because this is bothering me now.
I remember it, Lorab, though I know not the game. :)
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:My opinion of Long Con will remain negative as long as his stance toward me is the same.
Maybe we can still be friends like Professor X and Magneto. :srsnod:
That would mean one of us is hoping to work with the other and one of us is unrelenting in his hateful mindset.

I have not lost faith yet.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

Anyone anticipating a substantive post from me is going to have to wait until the hockey game is over. Frickin' Penguins gave up a two goal lead heading into the third. Overtime starts shortly.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

Spacedaisy wrote: I understand that we are searching for res ships, I don't understand how. I take it I did is in charge, but is she always and why? Also, different people are slotted into times to announce a sector in a grid, why those times? Does this require to post it at an exact time or something? Golden mentioned Kat and Hot Dog coming back alive, does this mean there is a chance they will not come back alive? Aren't they roles that are actively being occupied by players?
Golden wrote:

While undertaking a sortie, Starbuck has discovered how the cylons were managing to resurrect themselves, and reported back to Admiral Adama.

Adama immediately ordered regular sorties. Kat and Hot Dog may be sent on a mission to one surrounding sector every six hours. If they encounter a resurrection ship there, they will destroy it. There is also a chance that one of them may die in battle.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Meant to post this as part of a post hours ago but just found it in a tab... posting now because I still think it's neat:
Matt wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Dee's power is still a one-shot, even if retainable upon error. The idea that the wisest moment for her to use it would be N1 is a bit of a stretch. Null interpretation from this. Would you two use your one shot on N1, unconditionally?
I posted without quoting, so by you two I meant Matt and LC.
As Long Con pointed out, what's the alternative? To just randomly think on Night 4, "okay this seems like a good time to use it." ?
You know what's cool? I had written "Night 4" before changing it to "Night X" to avoid numerical questions. :haha:
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 310

Post by Silverwolf »

Daisy, I'm not going after you for RL. If you look at my reads D1 I had you as busy in RL with no read. I start going after low content posters if they don't post by the time D2 rolls around and has been going for awhile. I either get them to post or I try to lynch them if they don't. I can't read people who don't post. It's aggressive maybe but it has worked for me before so I'll keep doing it. It's to the benefit of the whole game if people participate. You know that as well as I do.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Forgive me, ship hunters, but there has been precious little said in terms of voting. I believe the guessing game is going to be solved eventually. The more pertinent concern is who needs to be lynched, and that is not as simple as creating a rota and a chart of coordinates.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

LoRab wrote:
indiglo wrote:Hey, Drums, you triggered another secret event! A Spoiler Tag / Quote malfunction! Hooray!

I did that before. I found it quite disconcerting. Someone will be along to clean it up shortly, I imagine.
OK, sorry for a moment of nostalgia, but this totally made me remember a game from a thousand years ago where every five minutes, the host popped up with, "A secret event has been triggered." I think it was on The Piano, not LP--really early days. ZOMG Zombies, maybe? Or possibly Computer Lab? Or some other game from around that time that I just can't come up with. Does anyone remember? Because this is bothering me now.
I think it was dan's zombie game (which IIRC was the first game on the piano) but I'm not positive.

Speaking of nostalgia I have to say I giggled when Silver said LC's posts were "fluffy." XD
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 208

Post by indiglo »

You are not wrong Epi. We definitely need to discuss our lynch. I have been having so much fun thinking about how the mechanics work, etc, but our next lynch will come to head very soon, and hashing it out is better than not.

Are you gunning for an LC lynch? Or do you have another, more favored top candidate?
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

Epignosis wrote:Forgive me, ship hunters, but there has been precious little said in terms of voting. I believe the guessing game is going to be solved eventually. The more pertinent concern is who needs to be lynched, and that is not as simple as creating a rota and a chart of coordinates.
K, but whoever ship hunts in 8 min, can you say F5?
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

indiglo wrote:You are not wrong Epi. We definitely need to discuss our lynch. I have been having so much fun thinking about how the mechanics work, etc, but our next lynch will come to head very soon, and hashing it out is better than not.

Are you gunning for an LC lynch? Or do you have another, more favored top candidate?
No, at this moment I don't think a Long Con lynch is wise. I'd rather give him time to sort things out.

JaggedJimmyJay would be my top vote right now, as I have intimated. Some of his responses to my accusations have been solid though, while others have only...twisted my coils, or whatever it is toasters do. I just have nobody who stands out farther than he does.

The ika kill is something that needs more attention. A number of people threatened to lynch him, and he was killed. I might look to someone who was struggling to keep up but couldn't because ika was spamming rather than search for a strategic reason beyond that.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Matt wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Forgive me, ship hunters, but there has been precious little said in terms of voting. I believe the guessing game is going to be solved eventually. The more pertinent concern is who needs to be lynched, and that is not as simple as creating a rota and a chart of coordinates.
K, but whoever ship hunts in 8 min, can you say F5?
You got it, dude! Locked and loaded over here.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I said I would figure out who my top suspects are but I honestly have no idea. At this point I feel like anyone could be bad and I'd have no clue, though there are a handful of people I trust more than others.

Lots of people have named G-Man as a top suspect and I'm curious about that -- I haven't seen as much silly posting or participation in general as I might expect from him, but idk. I was also pretty on board with the observation that JJJ was not his usual zillions-of-posts self, but he's jumped in to do some ISOs as a response to that accusation, and I'm not sure whether to read that as defensive coverage or just a change in timing/availability/energy.

I would like to hear more from Zebra, I think I tend to get odd vibes from her usually but I'm really unclear on what she's done this game and her name sticks out as one I'm curious about. In fact I might go look at her ISO and see what I find (all I remember is the OA thing).
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Ok, it is :45 after. I will do as juliets did...

Would everyone mind waiting 4 more minutes to post, so I can get the sortie out on time and not be bogged in linki?

Thank you so much!

XOXO Epi Girl
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote:I said I would figure out who my top suspects are but I honestly have no idea. At this point I feel like anyone could be bad and I'd have no clue, though there are a handful of people I trust more than others.

Lots of people have named G-Man as a top suspect and I'm curious about that -- I haven't seen as much silly posting or participation in general as I might expect from him, but idk. I was also pretty on board with the observation that JJJ was not his usual zillions-of-posts self, but he's jumped in to do some ISOs as a response to that accusation, and I'm not sure whether to read that as defensive coverage or just a change in timing/availability/energy.

I would like to hear more from Zebra, I think I tend to get odd vibes from her usually but I'm really unclear on what she's done this game and her name sticks out as one I'm curious about. In fact I might go look at her ISO and see what I find (all I remember is the OA thing).
G-Man had some big posts that were summaries and not comments. That's why I put him in my initial list, and I believe that's why S~V~S has him in hers. It's rare when she and I agree on something like that.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote:
LoRab wrote:

I think it was dan's zombie game (which IIRC was the first game on the piano) but I'm not positive.

Speaking of nostalgia I have to say I giggled when Silver said LC's posts were "fluffy." XD
Oh snap, you caught that, eh? I was like "JonlyBonly would have a fit if she saw that!!!!" :grin: :grin: :grin:
Agreed. The next Sortie is in about 10 minutes. Is the next Sortie Caller ready to go? If so, then let's allow that call to happen with little fanfare, and get to ONLY discussing who to lynch. We're halfway through the day already.

I think sig is bad, I think his comments (mainly toward me as I recall) have been of a subversive nature. I have commented on him a couple of times before.

Ricochet, I have gone back and forth on, his reaction when I mentioned MM didn't follow "The Plan" seemed a little like he tripped, but then righted himself when indiglo approved of it.

I think I feel pretty good about Scotty. My good vibes outweigh my bad ones.

Silver is right, my posts have been too fluffy. At first, I thought "What? I'm posting things that are important to me, fighting for viewpoints and putting my neck out there!" Upon reflection though, relatively little of my contribution has been helpful in deciding who is bad and who is good. That may be because of the fluid nature of alignment in this mystery of a game. Silver herself has said she doesn't know how to scumhunt in a game like this. Clearly I want to kill Cylons. That doesn't mean I know how a Cylon would act. I have a feeling that a lot of votes will come from vibes and gut reads rather than traditional baddie finding techniques.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe better players than I will figure it out and we'll lynch the right people. A human win is the win I am aiming for. I see humans as Civ and Cylons as bad, because it is easiest. Epi is a special case, because Athena was somewhat unique on the show... looking past him,I think we can mostly agree that, generally, we wanna kill the damn toasters.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Admiral Goldama, this is indiglo actual. Send Kat and Hot Dog to sector F5. Repeat, Kat and Hot Dog to sector F5. Do you copy? Over.

Make it so.

XOXO Epi Girl
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

indiglo wrote:Admiral Goldama, this is indiglo actual. Send Kat and Hot Dog to sector F5. Repeat, Kat and Hot Dog to sector F5. Do you copy? Over.

Make it so.
:workit:
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
nutella wrote:
LoRab wrote:

Oh snap, you caught that, eh? I was like "JonlyBonly would have a fit if she saw that!!!!" :grin: :grin: :grin:
Agreed. The next Sortie is in about 10 minutes. Is the next Sortie Caller ready to go? If so, then let's allow that call to happen with little fanfare, and get to ONLY discussing who to lynch. We're halfway through the day already.

I think sig is bad, I think his comments (mainly toward me as I recall) have been of a subversive nature. I have commented on him a couple of times before.

Ricochet, I have gone back and forth on, his reaction when I mentioned MM didn't follow "The Plan" seemed a little like he tripped, but then righted himself when indiglo approved of it.

I think I feel pretty good about Scotty. My good vibes outweigh my bad ones.

Silver is right, my posts have been too fluffy. At first, I thought "What? I'm posting things that are important to me, fighting for viewpoints and putting my neck out there!" Upon reflection though, relatively little of my contribution has been helpful in deciding who is bad and who is good. That may be because of the fluid nature of alignment in this mystery of a game. Silver herself has said she doesn't know how to scumhunt in a game like this. Clearly I want to kill Cylons. That doesn't mean I know how a Cylon would act. I have a feeling that a lot of votes will come from vibes and gut reads rather than traditional baddie finding techniques.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe better players than I will figure it out and we'll lynch the right people. A human win is the win I am aiming for. I see humans as Civ and Cylons as bad, because it is easiest. Epi is a special case, because Athena was somewhat unique on the show... looking past him,I think we can mostly agree that, generally, we wanna kill the damn toasters.
Stubbornness will only ruin you.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
indiglo wrote:You are not wrong Epi. We definitely need to discuss our lynch. I have been having so much fun thinking about how the mechanics work, etc, but our next lynch will come to head very soon, and hashing it out is better than not.

No, at this moment I don't think a Long Con lynch is wise. I'd rather give him time to sort things out. I can only assume that you believe I'm human, and, despite my wanting you dead, you believe that killing me isn't going to help the "Civvie cause" as it is generally perceived.

JaggedJimmyJay would be my top vote right now, as I have intimated. Some of his responses to my accusations have been solid though, while others have only...twisted my coils, or whatever it is toasters do. I just have nobody who stands out farther than he does. My counterpoint about his nutella post is something that pinged me about him, what I saw as flaws in his reasoning could actually be manipulations designed to paint nutella as bad while looking like a JJJ that did his homework correctly.

The ika kill is something that needs more attention. A number of people threatened to lynch him, and he was killed. I might look to someone who was struggling to keep up but couldn't because ika was spamming rather than search for a strategic reason beyond that.
Not too sure about the fruitfulness of an ika murder investigation. Like I said before, everyone is a suspect, because everyone was tired of his abrasive play. And I mean no insult, just a statement of fact: his play was intentionally abrasive as a valid playstyle choice, from what I could see. I think he would agree with me.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:Stubbornness will only ruin you.
Dire foreshadowing. But this is real life, not some science fiction spoonfed to us twice a fortnight. :feb: But really, you say this right after the first post that I talk about "looking past Epi"? Come on, man, that's some big strides, isn't it? :grin:
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

Why does everyone keep linking me to Zebra?! Matt asked me if I knew Zebra out of the blue. I said I remember zebra from years ago when I played. Since then Matt has gone all obsessive about it and now others are chiming in... Is it not the same zebra from RM or piano? And if it's not, I'm still
Missing why you guys are so weirdly obsessed by it? It's been like three years since I've played and I didn't actually say anything about zebra other than answering Matt when he asked if I remember her. Why are y'all acting so damn weird?!

Somewhere back there asked me to link to the two examples I mentioned of LoRab and Nutella answering back to back after I mentioned them. I'm on my phone right now and I'm too lazy to do that on the phone but i will in the morning.

Also, I'm not afraid to say it, I'm pretty darn sure Epi is town. Cylon or not, I think he's town. I also think drum beats is. Probably Silber and JJJ are (although it had nothing to do with their opinions of me that I saw they posted, ironically, just so happens they have mentioned me today.) I think Lorab and Nutella have BTSC although that in itself doesn't make them bad if they do, always possible to have townie BTSC. I think a couple of people are bad but again, I'll wait a bit longer until I let that out of the bag officially. Although Matt's weird ass obsession with an off topic and unrelated to this game comment I made is kind of remembering past players from when I played at the other sites is kind of starting to freak me out. I also remember about half of these players and spent years in the mafia trenches with them. Don't know what that has to do with this game?!
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

indiglo wrote:Admiral Goldama, this is indiglo actual. Send Kat and Hot Dog to sector F5. Repeat, Kat and Hot Dog to sector F5. Do you copy? Over.

Make it so.
I never copy. That's infringement of intellectual property rights.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

No, at this moment I don't think a Long Con lynch is wise. I'd rather give him time to sort things out. I can only assume that you believe I'm human, and, despite my wanting you dead, you believe that killing me isn't going to help the "Civvie cause" as it is generally perceived.

JaggedJimmyJay would be my top vote right now, as I have intimated. Some of his responses to my accusations have been solid though, while others have only...twisted my coils, or whatever it is toasters do. I just have nobody who stands out farther than he does. My counterpoint about his nutella post is something that pinged me about him, what I saw as flaws in his reasoning could actually be manipulations designed to paint nutella as bad while looking like a JJJ that did his homework correctly.

Not too sure about the fruitfulness of an ika murder investigation. Like I said before, everyone is a suspect, because everyone was tired of his abrasive play. And I mean no insult, just a statement of fact: his play was intentionally abrasive as a valid playstyle choice, from what I could see. I think he would agree with me.
I do not think you need to be lynched- that is correct. I think you need to be reasoned with and convinced.

We seem to agree on JaggedJimmyJay at least, so there's that.

I will say this also: If we reach an impasse (not you and I, LC, but everyone), InaWordYes would save the host some trouble if a replacement isn't lined up. Just a secondary thought to add to the primordial madness.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Stubbornness will only ruin you.
Dire foreshadowing. But this is real life, not some science fiction spoonfed to us twice a fortnight. :feb: But really, you say this right after the first post that I talk about "looking past Epi"? Come on, man, that's some big strides, isn't it? :grin:
Looking past me isn't enough.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

ObscureAllure wrote:Why does everyone keep linking me to Zebra?! Matt asked me if I knew Zebra out of the blue. I said I remember zebra from years ago when I played. Since then Matt has gone all obsessive about it and now others are chiming in... Is it not the same zebra from RM or piano? And if it's not, I'm still
Missing why you guys are so weirdly obsessed by it? It's been like three years since I've played and I didn't actually say anything about zebra other than answering Matt when he asked if I remember her. Why are y'all acting so damn weird?!

Somewhere back there asked me to link to the two examples I mentioned of LoRab and Nutella answering back to back after I mentioned them. I'm on my phone right now and I'm too lazy to do that on the phone but i will in the morning.

Also, I'm not afraid to say it, I'm pretty darn sure Epi is town. Cylon or not, I think he's town. I also think drum beats is. Probably Silber and JJJ are (although it had nothing to do with their opinions of me that I saw they posted, ironically, just so happens they have mentioned me today.) I think Lorab and Nutella have BTSC although that in itself doesn't make them bad if they do, always possible to have townie BTSC. I think a couple of people are bad but again, I'll wait a bit longer until I let that out of the bag officially. Although Matt's weird ass obsession with an off topic and unrelated to this game comment I made is kind of remembering past players from when I played at the other sites is kind of starting to freak me out. I also remember about half of these players and spent years in the mafia trenches with them. Don't know what that has to do with this game?!
It's Day. Why are you reluctant to tell us who you think is bad? It reeks of looking helpful while buying time to manufacture something later.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Okay, so I've been askin' about OA, this is what I've been trippin' on, but it's probably nothing haha...
ObscureAllure wrote:I'd like to hear more from Black Rock, SVS, Juliet, Zebra, LoRab, and nutella. Bak in the day I knew you guys to be very vocal. I feel haven't seen much from you guys.
So check it.

OA said in her very first post that she has not played in three years. Okay.

When I first "met" Zebra six months ago or so, she was playing under the handle "Rbz-something", not Zebra. In that same game, others from this site knew Zebra as a different handle, which was "Keterman"...again not Zebra.

So I'm wondering how OA knows Zebra as Zebra back in the day, if she was going by "Rbz" and/or "Keterman".

Deeerp

Linki - And there's OA now. Btw speaking of linki, I started rollin' with Epi's answer earlier hahaha.
Image Image Image Image
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

This is good discussion. I agree, sorties are scheduled for almost all day tomorrow, so shouldn't be much of a worry. We can now focus more on the lynch. I will attempt to make my last post for each evening or day the sortie schedule, so that the next sortie person (or any other player, really) can be aware of what's coming up next, and get a sub if necessary. That way it won't dominate any discussion.

I will continue stewing the names and reasons you have both mentioned so far. The only suck thing is that I won't be available a ton during the day tomorrow, but my addictive mafia nature will probably allow me to stay caught up anyway. :rolleyes: I will double check the poll close time - I may have to vote a bit early as I may not be around at poll close. But by early I mean like 7 or 7:30 pm EST, not 10 in the morning.

I'm so super torn on JJJ. Sleeping on something like that sometimes helps me. If he's bad we need to be rid of him, but if he's good he could be a help, even if he seems to be functioning at 75% power. (No offense, of course.)

(Also, yes, the poll closes at 9:30 my time tomorrow. I may be home from my volunteer stuff by then, but I won't risk it. I'll vote before I leave, by 7 or 7:30 EST.)

Also, mega linki!!

XOXO Epi Girl
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh, I misremembered, only OA talked about zebra, zebra never responded. I was thinking of Zebra's odd vote for BR -- I don't think she ever acknowledged that BR had in fact posted before then, and she never conceded to others' (including myself) claims that BR tends to be quiet at first.

Looking at her ISO, I do in fact get an odd vibe from zebra, right from the start with her gung-ho "hey matt let's chat" and general eager, almost flippant tone. She participates in the "could some cylons be good"/win condition debate and I actually agree with everything she said on that topic, but otherwise I don't feel great about her. She also said "don't lynch me because I'm town" verbatim two separate times, unprompted, here and here. Does she usually do that? It feels off to me.

linki @ OA, sorry I misremembered the thing about zebra. and fwiw I really think you're thinking of a different person but only zebra can confirm. Also, why do you think Lorab and I have btsc just because we posted near each other? We happened to be online around the same time?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

Actually I'll just come out and ask it again since you ignored me last time. Spill it, Matt. What's your weird ass obsession with me remembering Zebra? What does it have to do with this game? And why are you obsessed with it? Spill it. If it's important enough for you to mention this many times, go ahead and say why it's so important. Not even joking when I say you're weirdo get me out.

Linki: because right now it's more feelings than in thread evidence and if I say who they will change their behaviors and I'll lose the chance at more evidence.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Matt wrote:Okay, so I've been askin' about OA, this is what I've been trippin' on, but it's probably nothing haha...
ObscureAllure wrote:I'd like to hear more from Black Rock, SVS, Juliet, Zebra, LoRab, and nutella. Bak in the day I knew you guys to be very vocal. I feel haven't seen much from you guys.
So check it.

OA said in her very first post that she has not played in three years. Okay.

When I first "met" Zebra six months ago or so, she was playing under the handle "Rbz-something", not Zebra. In that same game, others from this site knew Zebra as a different handle, which was "Keterman"...again not Zebra.

So I'm wondering how OA knows Zebra as Zebra back in the day, if she was going by "Rbz" and/or "Keterman".

Deeerp

Linki - And there's OA now. Btw speaking of linki, I started rollin' with Epi's answer earlier hahaha.
I knew a2z as CinemaZebra on ProgArchives a long time ago.
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

Good lort almighty, I honestly don't get what that could possibly have to do with this game but I'll bite. I just went and looked at the members list at RM and you're right, I was thinking Zelda. My bad. http://forum.revolutionmafia.com/member ... ofile&u=42 Again, still don't possibly understand what bearing that could possibly have on this game in any way shape or form but if that's your game, roll with it

Also - Nutella
I posted before, felt like when I mentioned you guys, one said to the other to go post and y'all came to post together. Doesn't mean for sure BTSC, doesn't mean for sure mafia. Just something I noticed.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

ObscureAllure wrote:Good lort almighty, I honestly don't get what that could possibly have to do with this game but I'll bite. I just went and looked at the members list at RM and you're right, I was thinking Zelda. My bad. http://forum.revolutionmafia.com/member ... ofile&u=42 Again, still don't possibly understand what bearing that could possibly have on this game in any way shape or form but if that's your game, roll with it

Also - Nutella
I posted before, felt like when I mentioned you guys, one said to the other to go post and y'all came to post together. Doesn't mean for sure BTSC, doesn't mean for sure mafia. Just something I noticed.
You're spinning your wheels over Zebra / Zelda, but you are withholding who you think is bad.

I want to know who it is, why, and why you've been reluctant to share. Go.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

K epi. Hrm.
Image Image Image Image
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

Fine - I can't link to all the posts because I'm not searching on my phone. So bear with me.

I think long con is bad. I've seen play from him this game that I would never have expected from the LC I used to know. He has seemed panicked multiple times and his whole jumping in thing felt like a save, with his "oh look how much of a funny asshole I am" as a save. Again, I'm not searching on my
Phone for posts to support this right now. He also hinted to wanting to try and lynch Epi again when I believe Epi to be town and we knew he'd just be resurrected anyway. And I know I'm an idiot for mentioning it because if there's one thing that man can do, it's turn a whole mob against someone who suspects him in two seconds flat with no evidence.

I think there's a possibility that Lorab and Nutella are bad, but again not a lot of evidence. Just felt like their comments were BTSCish.

I admit that Matt's weird thing pinged me, but what was weirder was that one or two people afterwards were like "yeah! What he said!" Felt very much like teammates trying to support his weird accusation (which I still don't get what he was actually trying to accuse me of?!) it might have been Juliet? Don't remember now and too lazy to search on this thing.

Already said why Polo, and added to that he's been trying to base suspicion using Goldens posts after golden said twice they were Jay's for story purposes.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

ObscureAllure wrote:Fine - I can't link to all the posts because I'm not searching on my phone. So bear with me.

I think long con is bad. I've seen play from him this game that I would never have expected from the LC I used to know. He has seemed panicked multiple times and his whole jumping in thing felt like a save, with his "oh look how much of a funny asshole I am" as a save. Again, I'm not searching on my
Phone for posts to support this right now. He also hinted to wanting to try and lynch Epi again when I believe Epi to be town and we knew he'd just be resurrected anyway. And I know I'm an idiot for mentioning it because if there's one thing that man can do, it's turn a whole mob against someone who suspects him in two seconds flat with no evidence.

I think there's a possibility that Lorab and Nutella are bad, but again not a lot of evidence. Just felt like their comments were BTSCish.

I admit that Matt's weird thing pinged me, but what was weirder was that one or two people afterwards were like "yeah! What he said!" Felt very much like teammates trying to support his weird accusation (which I still don't get what he was actually trying to accuse me of?!) it might have been Juliet? Don't remember now and too lazy to search on this thing.

Already said why Polo, and added to that he's been trying to base suspicion using Goldens posts after golden said twice they were Jay's for story purposes.
I don't agree with your opinions, but I buy that these opinions are genuine.
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 95

Post by SokothQultuq »

No hidden meaning. I was just poking fun. 8-) As for suspecting anyone... I'm not sure how your supposed to get a feel that sort of thing yet. I'm reading along and spotting little hints about peoples potential characters but outside of this there is nothing to justify that anyone is any particular person and therefore its hard to make an educated decision. Most of you have played together for some time based on the banter and have a clue about how each of you react so it kind of puts the noob in the room at a disadvantage. LOL

Based on certain people's actions and reactions I've yet to see anyone do anything outright damaging. Some people who were quick to assist are suspect to me sometimes but that is difficult to gauge because normal people would be helpful. I think I've got a read on at least two peoples background characters based on activity, paranoia, and mentions of Heath Issues assuming that was not intended as a RL outburst which it could have been.

I find it very difficult to point a finger without enough evidence to say that they are a baddie or a goodie. I do think it odd to encourage voting for players who've not yet participated though. Especially coming off a holiday weekend. Giving it a couple of days would yield better results to see how they jump in. But that is my humble read of the current situation.
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

Oh and missed the second part of your Q... I'm reluctant to share because I haven't played in a while and so I'm relearning people's play styles. And by posting it I open myself Up for back lash which I wasn't ready for yet because I didn't have strong evidence on any of them. Said that before but I'll repeat it now for clarity. I've never seen so many people "know" so much about other players and their play style as what I've seen people say this game. I don't know if it's unique to this game, or if it's how mafia has changed over the years, but day one and day two used to be very little actual knowledge and more so poking and prodding people. If you read this thread, you're all claiming to be masters of judging each other's play styles and it's just... Different than the mafia I used to play with many of these people. Trying to understand why the difference and what it means towards game play.
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

And didn't expect anyone to agree right now, especially with out be quoting and linking, but you demanded the post so I delivered.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

ObscureAllure wrote:Oh and missed the second part of your Q... I'm reluctant to share because I haven't played in a while and so I'm relearning people's play styles. And by posting it I open myself Up for back lash which I wasn't ready for yet because I didn't have strong evidence on any of them. Said that before but I'll repeat it now for clarity. I've never seen so many people "know" so much about other players and their play style as what I've seen people say this game. I don't know if it's unique to this game, or if it's how mafia has changed over the years, but day one and day two used to be very little actual knowledge and more so poking and prodding people. If you read this thread, you're all claiming to be masters of judging each other's play styles and it's just... Different than the mafia I used to play with many of these people. Trying to understand why the difference and what it means towards game play.
I will never understand why so much stock is put in "playstyle." If you are that predictable and you are incapable of shaking things up, go play something else. Mafia is not for you.
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

Epignosis wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:Oh and missed the second part of your Q... I'm reluctant to share because I haven't played in a while and so I'm relearning people's play styles. And by posting it I open myself Up for back lash which I wasn't ready for yet because I didn't have strong evidence on any of them. Said that before but I'll repeat it now for clarity. I've never seen so many people "know" so much about other players and their play style as what I've seen people say this game. I don't know if it's unique to this game, or if it's how mafia has changed over the years, but day one and day two used to be very little actual knowledge and more so poking and prodding people. If you read this thread, you're all claiming to be masters of judging each other's play styles and it's just... Different than the mafia I used to play with many of these people. Trying to understand why the difference and what it means towards game play.
I will never understand why so much stock is put in "playstyle." If you are that predictable and you are incapable of shaking things up, go play something else. Mafia is not for you.

RIGHT?!?! Seriously! It's weird seeing everyone say "well when x is townie he's always like this and when he's mafia he's always like this!" And it's not one person, beaucoup people have said it this game. If it's so easy to tell who is who then why don't we have a full complete list that everyone agrees on and why are we playing this game?! I enjoy the fact that many of these people are very hard to read because it makes it fun. Sure, you're bound to compare a little but this game has been full of experts. Not something I remember from the past, for sure.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

ObscureAllure wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

RIGHT?!?! Seriously! It's weird seeing everyone say "well when x is townie he's always like this and when he's mafia he's always like this!" And it's not one person, beaucoup people have said it this game. If it's so easy to tell who is who then why don't we have a full complete list that everyone agrees on and why are we playing this game?! I enjoy the fact that many of these people are very hard to read because it makes it fun. Sure, you're bound to compare a little but this game has been full of experts. Not something I remember from the past, for sure.
You have my nod of approval. For now.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

ObscureAllure wrote:Already said why Polo, and added to that he's been trying to base suspicion using Goldens posts after golden said twice they were Jay's for story purposes.
Poop. Golden said it once, and I was merely kidding when I mentioned Ricochet by the end of N1.

There's a gun pointed at your head. Would you lynch Long Con today?

If I had a gun at my head right now, I'd vote DFaraday. He's been lurking and has only posted 3 times in the thread. I know it's a vote with not much substance but my gut don't like it.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

Accumulating my notes and thoughts still. I'll pick up where I'm at in the morning. Expect me to be chatty tomorrow.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 310

Post by Silverwolf »

I don't think ika was killed for spamming and if he was, it's pretty bad strategy overall. I always leave the people who are arguing a lot alive as scum. Unless they are heavily suspecting me. It would be better to go through and see who ika was suspecting or perhaps it' s because of his agenda to destroy all cylons. There really is no logical reason to kill him because he was up for a lynch so it must be something he said that freaked them out. When I am less tired, I'll look for it.

Also, what LC said about ika's playstyle is right on. ika provokes lots of reactions as town.

And finally, It's out of line to say people shouldn't play mafia if they are predictable and can't shake things up. I know that insinuation was thrown around that ika was saying that about me and he wasn't at all. He knows some of my tells because he knows me. That doesn't mean I play the same way every time. Comments like this are just not necessary and quite frankly, rude.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

OA - thank you for your input. I always value "old school" players input. (No offense intended, I mean that as a compliment.) I am still trying to suss LC at this point myself, and I find I don't disagree with much of what you said. The whole jumping in thing of his is still a bit of a sticking point with me too. The timing of it is strange, especially since we hit a Rezz Ship. And also his defense of the action has seemed flip floppy. And really hoping others will also chime in with input. I guess I am flippy floppy on him for the moment too, just like I am with JJJ.

I do so much want to be inspired. (Read that in a southern belle's accent, since that's the way I said it.)

I am absorbing what has been said, and will continue to try to do so the best of my ability before vote time. I am going to log off for the night now, and hope that sleeping on it will prove helpful.

In my next post, I'll post the upcoming sortie schedule.

XOXO Epi Girl
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Silverwolf wrote:And finally, It's out of line to say people shouldn't play mafia if they are predictable and can't shake things up. I know that insinuation was thrown around that ika was saying that about me and he wasn't at all. He knows some of my tells because he knows me. That doesn't mean I play the same way every time. Comments like this are just not necessary and quite frankly, rude.
No it isn't. This is like a poker game. If your tells are consistent, you will lose all the time. That simple. Play Bingo if you can't keep your tells in check.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

@ Rico, you are up next for sortie - 5:49 am EST

May 11, 5:49 am EST - Rico
May 11, 11:49 am EST - G-Man
May 11, 5:49 pm EST - juliets
May 11, 11:49 pm EST -

A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 A6
B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 B6
C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 C6
D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 D6
E1 E2 E3 E4 E5 E6
F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6

XOXO Epi Girl

Return to “Previous Jobs”