33%

Total votes: 15
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Two

Post by Dom »

Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Hey Golden, who performed the nightkill?
Is that a play by Stephen Sondheim? Perhaps you should ask Dom, he's more familiar with theatre.
I bet it was Desiree. She is so sneaky!
Long Con wrote:
LoRab wrote:
indiglo wrote:Hey, Drums, you triggered another secret event! A Spoiler Tag / Quote malfunction! Hooray!

I did that before. I found it quite disconcerting. Someone will be along to clean it up shortly, I imagine.
OK, sorry for a moment of nostalgia, but this totally made me remember a game from a thousand years ago where every five minutes, the host popped up with, "A secret event has been triggered." I think it was on The Piano, not LP--really early days. ZOMG Zombies, maybe? Or possibly Computer Lab? Or some other game from around that time that I just can't come up with. Does anyone remember? Because this is bothering me now.
I remember it, Lorab, though I know not the game. :)
I believe it was Computer Lab. I played that one, and remember this-- I didn't play the others mentioned.

It could be Maher's Mystery Mafia.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 5
Aka: Iawy

Post by Inawordyes »

Anyways, that being said, from what I remember of what I read D1:

Ricochet was causing problems, obstructing scum hurting by being obtuse IIRC. A lot of people were FoS'ing him, but then TripleJ comes in saying "hey guys, I think he's quite town!" And everybody much ignored it and it just flew right under the radar. It was so nonchalant that it may just be nothing, but if Rico flips (or has flipped already through other circumstances than officially via Golden), then I think TripleJ warrants some FoS regardless of how townie he may look at the moment, which I don't know how much that is.

There were a lot of one-and-done posters yesterday, at least from what I read, so they probably didn't stay that way by EoD. Not really a contributing statement, just kind of a general comment.

I didn't like Glorfindel's posts that I read post-entrance. He seemed fine in his first, but - and this may be a result of his wanting to play differently like he mentioned in sign-ups - he did not sound like himself in the others. I saw people saying he was being fluffly in them. I didn't really see much of that, but tonewise he was a mess haha. I've never played a game with Matty where he was scum, so I don't have know,edge of the differences in his attitude between town and Mafia, but the jarring tone shift makes me wanna say he's Mafia because it's not like town!Glorf at all.

I remember Zebra posted. I know she did, but I remember nothing about what she said. That's a big problem, because if I can't remember chances are it wasn't much of anything, and I know she posted quite a bit. I'm gonna put out a scumread and a FoS on her for that because fluffing usually is a sign of Mafia or a townie playing anti-town.

That's all that I can remember stood out, I had to reach to remember the Zebra one so I know I most likely forgot others and it'd take me forever to sit here and remember them all.
:omg:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 425
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hey, I still have the rest of JJJ's quote to respond to, but that's in another tab for later.

Someone mentioned that lore-followers might say a whole bunch of BsG terms, since "Resurrection Ship" was so key to have said. It could be a good idea. I'd have to research a little bit - it has been, like, five years since BR and I watched the series, so my memory isn't sharp enough to pick out likely triggers without doing a little research.

On the flip side, saying "Resurrection Ship" may not have triggered anything until a resurrection triggered the possibility itself. :shrug: Impossible to know, and better to say every BsG word you know, just in case. :)
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 287

Post by sig »

Okay all caught up, I agree with JJJ read off LC, I think he is a baddie human or he could be a cylon trying to distance himself with his kill them all rhetoric.

I do also think Epi is bad and should be lynched, but that can wait.

I'd prefer to lynch LC today. I'll post more later after school.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

sig wrote:Okay all caught up, I agree with JJJ read off LC, I think he is a baddie human or he could be a cylon trying to distance himself with his kill them all rhetoric.

I do also think Epi is bad and should be lynched, but that can wait.

I'd prefer to lynch LC today. I'll post more later after school.
Tall words, Sigurd. You're still in my bad books as well. Your thoughts on Epi are cool. How strange that we think each other bad, and yet agree that we should lynch someone whose in-show alignment is good. Golden: good frakking game!
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 208

Post by indiglo »

Nicely done, Rico!

Updated list for today (if we don't get a volunteer for the 11:49pm I can take it) I also went ahead and plugged in SVS for the next 5:49am slot. If that's an issue we can change it:

May 11, 11:49 am EST - G-Man
May 11, 5:49 pm EST - juliets
May 11, 11:49 pm EST -
May 12, 5:49 am EST - SVS
May 12, 11:49 am EST -
May 12, 5:49 pm EST -
May 12, 11:49 pm EST -

A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 A6
B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 B6
C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 C6
D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 D6
E1 E2 E3 E4 E5 E6
F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

I look forward to reading LC's further response to JJJ's post. As of now, I think that's probably where my vote would go.

And if anyone else has thoughts on the LC matter, I'd want to hear them. The more info and input the better, it would seem.

Also,

@ SD - I don't see myself as "directing" or "in charge of" the sorties at all. Since I'm not handing out any assignments, or telling anyone what to do. I'm just trying to keep an organized list of who is willing to do it at which time, and what sector they've called, along with the results of said sector. I guess I just took it on because I was here when it started, and there were so many of us talking about what we should do, and how we should do it... my brain goes straight to lists, graphs and schedules. If anyone would prefer I not do it, or do it differently, I would be down for that.

I have to run for a bit, but will be back. :noble:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

Another hour to go before the submission. Let's talk some more about it. Finishing sorting my notes and then I'll throw out some sector options. We'll talk lynch votes when I'm at lunch.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

indiglo wrote:Nicely done, Rico!

Updated list for today (if we don't get a volunteer for the 11:49pm I can take it) I also went ahead and plugged in SVS for the next 5:49am slot. If that's an issue we can change it:

May 11, 11:49 pm EST -

A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 A6
B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 B6
C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 C6
D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 D6
E1 E2 E3 E4 E5 E6
F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6
Ehhh I'll take the 11:49p slot for today. I just have to figure out what time zone I'm in :faint:

Has anyone asked this?
@Golden Do the resurrection ships move?
Would it be prudent to send Kit and Kat to sectors already chosen?

FYI team: I'm not going to do this, I'm just wondering, down the line, if it comes to that.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

G-Man wrote:Another hour to go before the submission. Let's talk some more about it. Finishing sorting my notes and then I'll throw out some sector options. We'll talk lynch votes when I'm at lunch.
Saw this before I logged off. What about that lower left corner? It hasn't really been touched yet at all.

But at this point, I think it's just as likely a ship is stuffed somewhere in between other, already searched sectors.

Gee, that was helpful. :goofp:

Linki w/Scotty - Ok, I'll mark you down. So far, Golden has replied to those questions with a shrug. So... :shrug2: LOL

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Ok, last post before logging off (hopefully :haha: )

May 11, 11:49 pm EST - Scotty

XOXO Epi Girl
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

indiglo wrote:
G-Man wrote:Another hour to go before the submission. Let's talk some more about it. Finishing sorting my notes and then I'll throw out some sector options. We'll talk lynch votes when I'm at lunch.
Saw this before I logged off. What about that lower left corner? It hasn't really been touched yet at all.

But at this point, I think it's just as likely a ship is stuffed somewhere in between other, already searched sectors.

Linki w/Scotty - Ok, I'll mark you down. So far, Golden has replied to those questions with a shrug. So... :shrug2: LOL
If I were manually choosing a plot graph, I would make at least 1 in a separate quadrant. I don't know how many we're dealing with here, but I'd definitely put one on the border, assymmetrical with the rest of them.

Honestly though, I'd choose a space right next to the confirmed chip location I.e. A2, C2, B1 or B3. I see no reason to continue using the underlined checkerboard pattern since we have blown up a 1x1 ship.
Unless you guys are thinkin the Hub ship could still take up multiple sectors?

RE:the linki- frak.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Today I will most likely be voting for: Nutella, Rico, DFaraday. In that order. I'm actually very surprised no one has voted yet. Lots of hesitancy by everyone involved, and I'm not sure if that's a good sign or a bad sign.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

indiglo wrote:I look forward to reading LC's further response to JJJ's post. As of now, I think that's probably where my vote would go.

And if anyone else has thoughts on the LC matter, I'd want to hear them. The more info and input the better, it would seem.
Can't do it for several hours now, I'm going to work. Lots of time before the poll is up though.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

A few thoughts on sector selection:

We have two sections of the grid that are void of sorties- C1:F2 and B4:C6. I think I'd honestly like to strike in one of those clusters unless we feel like we should move to a sweeping pattern to clear out a corner first. I like the ninja random jumping method because whether Golden picked the placement or the Toasters did, there is an element of randomness to it all. Random question selection worked really well for a guy on Jeopardy one time because it rattled his opponents. If we keep hopping around the grid, the Toasters can't really take comfort like they could if we started in one corner and they know we won't reach a ship for a while.

I ran the math too. A 6x6 grid has 36 sectors. At a max of four sectors per day, we'll hit all sectors in 9 real-time days. That's three game days and nights unless we get lucky and find however many are left before exhausting the grid.

If the placement is truly random, then thinking too much about it won't help us. If there was placement involved, strategy would be based on how many rezz ships there are. Is there any lore on something like that? If two ships, it's hard to tell where the second would be. Reverse psychology would put it close to the first one we blew up. If three, I'd think some kind of evenly spaced triangle formation. Four or more- who knows.

Thoughts?
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

nutella wrote:
LoRab wrote:
indiglo wrote:Hey, Drums, you triggered another secret event! A Spoiler Tag / Quote malfunction! Hooray!

I did that before. I found it quite disconcerting. Someone will be along to clean it up shortly, I imagine.
OK, sorry for a moment of nostalgia, but this totally made me remember a game from a thousand years ago where every five minutes, the host popped up with, "A secret event has been triggered." I think it was on The Piano, not LP--really early days. ZOMG Zombies, maybe? Or possibly Computer Lab? Or some other game from around that time that I just can't come up with. Does anyone remember? Because this is bothering me now.
I think it was dan's zombie game (which IIRC was the first game on the piano) but I'm not positive.

Speaking of nostalgia I have to say I giggled when Silver said LC's posts were "fluffy." XD
No, Zombies was the third game:

That was my first game on The Piano but you guys had played two before that. Maybe Lost and Buffy? Or was At the Hellmouth an LP game? I played ZOMG Zombies and I don't recall it having secret events. I did not play Computer Lab. I was thinking maybe Matrix Mafia or, if SD is correct about it being a Scocub game, perhaps Mafia 2099- that was a futuristic sci-fi based game with a lot of weird stuff in it.

Am I a dork for having saved that banner link for all these years?
My Banners:
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 11

Post by DFaraday »

So say we all
ALL CYLONS ARE EVIL
B-5

I honestly have no idea what is going on right now. I've fallen insanely far behind, so I'll just do a power skim and try to engage later.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I think it was Computer Lab, the game where S~V~S was an outed baddie and we left her alive, oh and my IRC teammates blindfaeth and LittleTiger both were recruited to the Botnet and betrayed me? :pout:

Yeah, that game. :p Because I remember stlgirl saying there were secret events pretty often.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Any other sectors suggestions? Others have suggested D2 or D4. I was considering E1. I don't know if DF's B5 is a serious suggestion but I doubt it. Then again, it is in that B4:C6 cluster. :ponder:
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Actually, someone mentioned the bottom left corner, so maybe F1 is under consideration as well.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Alright, let me ask it this way: is anyone opposed to me submitting E1? I'm still leaning that way personally.
My Banners:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

So say we all (just in case).

How many tens of pages did I miss?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

My Banners:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

G-Man wrote:Alright, let me ask it this way: is anyone opposed to me submitting E1? I'm still leaning that way personally.
Go for it.

At this point, I don't fault anyone for picking anything available, now that we know ships are 1x1

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Attention Golden the Coawrd ;)

Send our sortie squad to:

My Banners:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

T-44

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

indiglo wrote:

I've suggested E1 twice because that end of the board is so empty. Guess either no one noticed. :keys:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 80

Post by Nerolunar »

I think I will be voting Long Con today. That sector vote out of the blue + JJJ´s case on him is pretty damning imo. He has not done much to convince me that he is town.

FoS on Long Con.

Did Inawordyes not replace out after all?
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:I'd like to talk about 3J. He is laying traps rather than provoking honest discussion.

His vote for me and the post before it leads me to believe that he wanted to escape the accusation that he was avoiding the wagons (a silly accusation, that, but one that has gained increasing currency these past several months). He allowed the votes of others to dictate where he voted, and I would like to explore a scenario that has heretofore passed without discussion: That JaggedJimmyJay cast a vote to save Ricochet.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:So the leading wagons are Ricochet and Epignosis, two of the strongest townies on The Syndicate. So much pressure! :scared:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:VOTE EPIGNOSIS

I think he'd be a better lynch than Ricochet, and it might just be for the best under the circumstances anyway. I really hate the way this EOD has worked out.
Why was I a better lynch than Ricochet?
I'll try to come back to this.
Vompatti wrote:It would help if we knew what shape the ship is.
It might be phallic.
Long Con wrote:
I get that some of you are treating this as a game of Battleship, thinking that perhaps the ship is 4 squares long, and we need to hit it four times on those four adjacent squares to kill it. I get that, and that's why checkerboard.

I do not think it's Battleship. I think the rez ship is in one sector alone. I think this because... these are sectors of space!! Like, big. Imagine a ship that's the size of our solar system - that's the kind of thing I would imagine taking up four squares. It's insane! The ship is a large ship that resides in a super-exponentially larger sector of space.

And yes, this is a game and these quasi-'laws of reality' don't have to apply. If Golden wanted it to be a Battleship game, then it's cool despite grinding at my sense of scale and reality.
But we don't know how big the sectors are. Maybe the sectors are so big, that we only have a 25% chance of finding the rezz ship even if we choose the right sector. :scared:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Epignosis wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:Fine - I can't link to all the posts because I'm not searching on my phone. So bear with me.

I think long con is bad. I've seen play from him this game that I would never have expected from the LC I used to know. He has seemed panicked multiple times and his whole jumping in thing felt like a save, with his "oh look how much of a funny asshole I am" as a save. Again, I'm not searching on my
Phone for posts to support this right now. He also hinted to wanting to try and lynch Epi again when I believe Epi to be town and we knew he'd just be resurrected anyway. And I know I'm an idiot for mentioning it because if there's one thing that man can do, it's turn a whole mob against someone who suspects him in two seconds flat with no evidence.

I think there's a possibility that Lorab and Nutella are bad, but again not a lot of evidence. Just felt like their comments were BTSCish.

I admit that Matt's weird thing pinged me, but what was weirder was that one or two people afterwards were like "yeah! What he said!" Felt very much like teammates trying to support his weird accusation (which I still don't get what he was actually trying to accuse me of?!) it might have been Juliet? Don't remember now and too lazy to search on this thing.

Already said why Polo, and added to that he's been trying to base suspicion using Goldens posts after golden said twice they were Jay's for story purposes.
I don't agree with your opinions, but I buy that these opinions are genuine.
OA I don't remember supporting any comments about you being weird or bad. So far my read on you is neutral. Please find the post you are talking about it when you are somewhere off of your cell phone.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I'm ready for opinions on what cell I should hit on my 5:49 sortie. Given G-Mans sector idea and Scotty's border idea I'm thinking about going for B6. Any other ideas or thoughts? Would you rather I not go B6 for some reason?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

Inawordyes wrote:Ricochet was causing problems, obstructing scum hurting by being obtuse IIRC. A lot of people were FoS'ing him, but then TripleJ comes in saying "hey guys, I think he's quite town!" And everybody much ignored it and it just flew right under the radar. It was so nonchalant that it may just be nothing, but if Rico flips (or has flipped already through other circumstances than officially via Golden), then I think TripleJ warrants some FoS regardless of how townie he may look at the moment, which I don't know how much that is.
Hi IAWY. Welcome. You did miss the salute procedures toDay, however. ;)

I haven't flipped (already). Also, I do remember JJJ being one of the first and few to townread me, amidst a lot of heated action, (for reasons he rightfully remembered as being characteristic of my civ play, I might add), but I doubt it influenced the heated action taking another course.
Scotty wrote:Today I will most likely be voting for: Nutella, Rico, DFaraday. In that order. I'm actually very surprised no one has voted yet. Lots of hesitancy by everyone involved, and I'm not sure if that's a good sign or a bad sign.
What's thy beef with me?

===

Trying to be pragmatic tonight, is there anything besides LC, nutella and maybe JJJ I should look back into?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ok I just googled some shtuff:
As a safeguard, the Hub periodically jumps to new locations and relays its position to the baseships' Hybrids once completed.
Can we intercept the coordinates somehow? I don't know who could do that, or how to trigger that.

I hope I don't spoil anything for myself or others. It's a weird line, but I feel like stuff needs to be known.
With the Hub's destruction, the Cylons can no longer resurrect and will know permanent death. Only the Final Five know how the Hub and resurrection work, and with the subsequent deaths of two of the Five, resurrection is lost foreve
So it sounds like the final 5 know the location. And it may jump around a lot, which would mean it could essentially be anywhere on the grid at any time, if I am to take the wording here at face value.

Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Vompatti »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
It might be phallic.
mmmmmnice
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

After reviewing my notes, here is what I think of everyone:

POSSIBLY MAFIA
Black Rock
Glorfindel
Long Con
LoRab
Metalmarsh89
Nutella
Spacedaisy

NEUTRAL READ
a2thezebra
bea
JaggedJimmyJay
juliets
Matt
Nerolunar
Polo
Ricochet
sig

POSSIBLY CIVVIE
DrumBeats
Epignosis
Indiglo
ObscureAllure
S~V~S
Silverwolf

NO READ YET
DFaraday
inawordyes
Scotty
SokothQultuq
Vompatti

Let me know if you want any specifics on a particular player and I'll look through my notes on them again and post some details. At this point, I think I'm inclined most toward voting for Nutella because she's giving off the most Lazy Rotten Debra vibes.

Linki: Nice find Scotty. Hopefully the Hub isn't involved because it's bad enough that it might take three game days and nights to clear the grid and make the Toasters killable. To have an extra ship jumping around would make it almost impossible for the humans/civvies/whateveryouthinkthegoodguysshouldbecalled to win.
My Banners:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

G-Man wrote:After reviewing my notes, here is what I think of everyone:

POSSIBLY MAFIA
Black Rock
Glorfindel
Long Con
LoRab
Metalmarsh89
Nutella
Spacedaisy

NEUTRAL READ
a2thezebra
bea
JaggedJimmyJay
juliets
Matt
Nerolunar
Polo
Ricochet
sig

POSSIBLY CIVVIE
DrumBeats
Epignosis
Indiglo
ObscureAllure
S~V~S
Silverwolf

NO READ YET
DFaraday
inawordyes
Scotty
SokothQultuq
Vompatti

Let me know if you want any specifics on a particular player and I'll look through my notes on them again and post some details. At this point, I think I'm inclined most toward voting for Nutella because she's giving off the most Lazy Rotten Debra vibes.

Linki: Nice find Scotty. Hopefully the Hub isn't involved because it's bad enough that it might take three game days and nights to clear the grid and make the Toasters killable. To have an extra ship jumping around would make it almost impossible for the humans/civvies/whateveryouthinkthegoodguysshouldbecalled to win.
Feel free to read me, if you want to start somewhere.

The thing about jumping ships, is I think I recall reading that Natalie Cylonpants found the HUB, it jumped, and President Roslin jumps to follow the HUB. It's possible that Roslin may get some information.

There's definite information out there if the Hub is in fact able to be moved, and in that case we've surely got some sort of safeguard role that can intercept coordinates or something.

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

And now a few other points I jotted down during my catch-up reading:

No joke, without fail my brain reads the phrase 'null scum' as 'numskull.' I don't know why my brain does it but I giggle every time it happens.

Early on I struggled with the concept of the sortie grid. It seemed a little too unfair that we would have to go through such a long search period to make the Toasters killable. I'm curious if any BSG lore people can answer this- are certain Toaster models reanimated to specific rezz ships? In other words, could some of the Toasters now be killable because their assigned rezz ship is gone? Or were there some of every model on each rezz ship? I'm just trying to think of ways that we're not stuck before clearing the whole grid.

While it seems like Epi is probably a civvie-aligned Toaster, the argument over killing them all or only some is pretty simple- I don't see how killing all the Toasters can be a bad thing for the humans. Based on lore, some may be civvie aligned but if we zap them all, and no humans are baddies, then we still win. If there are humans whose wincons require civ-aligned Toasters to be alive, that sucks.

Re: scum v. mafia, I get it now. All mafia are scum but not all scum are mafia.

RIP Ika. I was very surprised by his death. Please don't anyone take this the wrong way, but he was being somewhat disruptive, which baddies usually appreciate and don't interfere with. Until he died, it looked like we were heading for a Day 2 where the two main trains would have been Ika and Epi. I'll take the Ika/Silverwolf vouching at face value until I get burned by it, so I saw Ika as a frustrated civvie. Losing a civvie is bad any time. Being tasked with the situation where the top two are a frustrated civvie and a likely unlynchable role of questionable allegiance isn't savory at all. Ika's death reminds me of Martha's death in Biblical. It's not a death that provides any value other than eliminating someone they are displeased with. It's a bit impetuous a decision, really.
My Banners:
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day One

Post by Spacedaisy »

Just came across this.
Silverwolf wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Ok, I am back in San Antonio, but I still have not had time to read a single thing. And I want to spend the evening with my husband instead of reading a thousand posts. What is wrong with you people?! I randomized my vote between all those who already had votes and it came up Matt. Love you Matty, but I'm tossing my vote your way. Random.org has spoken!

Matt

I promise to start getting up to speed and play properly beginning tomorrow.
Why even bother voting at this point if you haven't been here and are gonna draw a name out of a hat?
Because my participation score matters to me. I can't help when the game started but I'm not going to be completely inactive because it could affect my pscore.

Also, I've since realized my vote didn't count anyway because of my color mishap. Won't happen again.

I have to go to work now. Bbl
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Scotty wrote:Feel free to read me, if you want to start somewhere.

The thing about jumping ships, is I think I recall reading that Natalie Cylonpants found the HUB, it jumped, and President Roslin jumps to follow the HUB. It's possible that Roslin may get some information.

There's definite information out there if the Hub is in fact able to be moved, and in that case we've surely got some sort of safeguard role that can intercept coordinates or something.
A stroll down ISO lane is in order for all the players I don't have a read on yet. Most of them just haven't posted enough to make an impression on me. I had trouble reading you in Spirited Away as well. I'm not sure what it is about you, Scotty, but it's like you're a mental stop sign to me.
My Banners:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

G-Man wrote:While it seems like Epi is probably a civvie-aligned Toaster, the argument over killing them all or only some is pretty simple- I don't see how killing all the Toasters can be a bad thing for the humans. Based on lore, some may be civvie aligned but if we zap them all, and no humans are baddies, then we still win. If there are humans whose wincons require civ-aligned Toasters to be alive, that sucks.
My guess is that's the other way around from how you put it in the last sentence.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

G-Man wrote:
Scotty wrote:Feel free to read me, if you want to start somewhere.

A stroll down ISO lane is in order for all the players I don't have a read on yet. Most of them just haven't posted enough to make an impression on me. I had trouble reading you in Spirited Away as well. I'm not sure what it is about you, Scotty, but it's like you're a mental stop sign to me.
Better a mental stop sign than a mental case.

Once, when I was 10 or 11, I got it in my head that arrowhead rocks were worth large sums of money on the street so when I was younger I stockpiled a bunch given to me from friends (hahaha suckers) and set up a stand outside my house. I sold them for $100 each. After 4 hours in the heat and no money to show for my endeavors, my mom came out and gave me a $100 bill for my entire rock collection. I felt shorted, but with much chagrin, I sold them to her and went inside for dinner.

I wonder what she's doing with her rocks now.

bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Ok - I'm well rested and my first cup of coffee is almost gone, so this has a chance of actually making sense!

I will start with thoughts on people -

I like where Matt, Indi, Rico and Drum have been headspace wise. I have the good feels for them.

Though I may not always agree with what she says, I think Silver is fighting the good fight too.

Peeps I'm worried about:

Zeebs - I don't know if she's got a lot going on or if she's changing up her game play, but her play here reminds me of when she and I were bad in Rocky and Bullwinkle. When she was Boris, she was very agreeable in the thread and hid behind a single suspish the whole way though. It went mostly unnoticed for a long time. I tend to associate civ Zeebs with being a little more vocal with what she thinks. I know this has caused some round and round with her and others before so I've been trying to give some botd in case she's changing up her playstyle because I can't imagine having a go with someone every fracking game is fun. Still, I've got my eyes on her.

LC - so the whole sortie thing kinda reminded me of the Talking Heads game where LC came out with a junk case on me. It was junk. It was such junk that I actually defended him when he was all "Oh, it was just a joke." I said no way would bad LC make a case THAT lame against me. The RYM peeps weren't having any of that and lynched him anyway. Lo and behold - he was bad and for the next two cycles everyone was convinced I was the second part of a gambit that I totally wasn't a part of. His kill all cylons stance gives me some pause though. I can't see a bad cylon having that store of attitude.

LA - I can see where peeps are worried about her. She really is a little nubby when civ and an expert at faking the nub when she's bad. I know she was super busy graduating and stuff. I can see why some people would say her comments on ika were adding fuel to the fire of a bad situation. I need to see more from her to make up my mind.

Speaking of people I need to see more from:

I'd love to hear more from Black Rock. Again, I know how similar our schedules are and she has a family to care for on top of it. Game start was super bad timing for peeps who work in food service on a holiday weekend. This thread is a bear to get through. having spent all of yesterday slogging through it, I'd say skip where it's appropriate to skip. You'll know it when you get there.

DF - I agree with whoever said we should give him some more time. I know how much I was looking forward to this catch up. He consistantly gets more involved as the game goes on. That said - DF - if you can give us anything along the lines of reads or where your head is at it would be greatly appriciated. :)

I'd also like to hear a bit more from our newer players.

Ina - people were in thread speculating about a replacement for you. Did you ask for one and I missed it? Out side of the shear volume of the posts is there something in the game that you are struggling with and it's hindering your involvement? Please feel free to post any questions you have. We really are a friendly group. Even when we are yelling at each other!

Sok - same for you - is there something besides the volume (I can't really help with that - they are a chatty lot) that's holding your back from posting?

Not sure where my vote is going at this point, but here's where my head is at.

Gonna make some game structure comments in another post as this is getting longish.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Ricochet wrote:
G-Man wrote:While it seems like Epi is probably a civvie-aligned Toaster, the argument over killing them all or only some is pretty simple- I don't see how killing all the Toasters can be a bad thing for the humans. Based on lore, some may be civvie aligned but if we zap them all, and no humans are baddies, then we still win. If there are humans whose wincons require civ-aligned Toasters to be alive, that sucks.
My guess is that's the other way around from how you put it in the last sentence.
Are you confused about what I wrote? Or are you saying that you think there are Toasters who need humans alive in order to win? Because that does make sense if we're correctly assuming a non-binary setup.

What I meant is that if there are humans who need Toasters alive in some kind of enabler relationship, that sucks for them because I see nothing wrong with locating and eliminating all the Toasters.
My Banners:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I seemed to be indeed confused, then.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

bea wrote:LC - so the whole sortie thing kinda reminded me of the Talking Heads game where LC came out with a junk case on me. It was junk. It was such junk that I actually defended him when he was all "Oh, it was just a joke." I said no way would bad LC make a case THAT lame against me. The RYM peeps weren't having any of that and lynched him anyway. Lo and behold - he was bad and for the next two cycles everyone was convinced I was the second part of a gambit that I totally wasn't a part of. His kill all cylons stance gives me some pause though. I can't see a bad cylon having that store of attitude.
Ah, but I think on the contrary: if there are separate alignments within the cylon ranks, I can definitely see a baddie cylon talking with this viewpoint for Cred. Because maybe there are cylons that are not working with Cavil, for instance. Those cylons would need to be eliminated. So losing someone like Epi, for instance, looks human but can actually have nefarious intentions

Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:At the start of the game when I asked everyone whether they'd prefer I broadcast any town reads I might have on them, Long Con was the only one to outright recommend against it. I don't know if that means anything, but the highlighted bit doesn't appear genuine at face value. I don't recall Long Con being the sort of player who recoils against people town reading him quite like he describes here. This might have been a laborious way of implanting himself into a townlike perspective that he doesn't actually have. Minor point.
Nah I've seen him mention this before a few times. Don't know any specific games, but I'm quite sure if you ISO him in his last few, you'll find one or two instances of him saying this as well. He might've even said it in Talking Heads, tho, where he was bad, so just because he says it doesn't mean he's civvie.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:This kind of reminds me of the 2015 champs game when MacDougall and DrWilgy among others were obsessed with forcing tied tallies "for fun", even though it was clearly not in town's best interests. They were mafia naturally.
*salutes the underlined*

Sorry, had to give a shout out to my peeps!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:A randomized list would likely include baddie cylons given basic probability. :suspish:
Tbh, I liked LC's point here. Tho Drumbeats pattern would've eventually gotten us B2, however I still feel more comfortable with everyone having a say rather then just one person.
Long Con wrote:I thought he was bad because I found his logic equating "that person doesn't think humans are bad" with "that person is bad" to be unpalatable. Then he turns it around and accuses me. Just seemed bad.
"Turns it around" ? Derp. I'm fairly certain I lightly suspected you (don't even remember why now, i'd have to check) before you came in swingin' at me "you bad, vote: matt".

Anyway, yeah, if it was another player who didn't know the show, I wouldn't have accused them of being bad. But Rico, from the get go, was an obvious fan of the show so for him to not acknowledge that some Cylons could be good and some humans could be bad...hrm. I'm especially still curious of Rico because once Epi flipped Athena, Rico suddenly was like "oh hey maybe it's not so black and white", which I'm not sure how his opinion on the whole thing changed anyway.
Glorfindel wrote:Matt: I'm as certain as I can be that you're Town and I don't know what it is but if there IS indeed something fishy going on with this game mechanic, I'm confident you'll work it out :nicenod:
Which game mechanic? The role alignments you mean? Or the ship coordinates? BTW I'm sorry everyone that F5 didn't go through :( I still think B3 is a great option as the "9th sector", considering the HuB in the show was found in Sector Delta 9.

Glorfy, I'm frankly surprised how much confidence you have in me given how wrong I was about you being Two-Face during Arkham mafia. Hrm.

Everyone who's reading me as good...

Yay! That never happens! :beer:

Linki - I can't explain why, but I suddenly want to lynch Scotty with a vengeance. I may rethink that in a few min, we'll see. Hrm.
Image Image Image Image
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Scotty wrote:
bea wrote:LC - so the whole sortie thing kinda reminded me of the Talking Heads game where LC came out with a junk case on me. It was junk. It was such junk that I actually defended him when he was all "Oh, it was just a joke." I said no way would bad LC make a case THAT lame against me. The RYM peeps weren't having any of that and lynched him anyway. Lo and behold - he was bad and for the next two cycles everyone was convinced I was the second part of a gambit that I totally wasn't a part of. His kill all cylons stance gives me some pause though. I can't see a bad cylon having that store of attitude.
Ah, but I think on the contrary: if there are separate alignments within the cylon ranks, I can definitely see a baddie cylon talking with this viewpoint for Cred. Because maybe there are cylons that are not working with Cavil, for instance. Those cylons would need to be eliminated. So losing someone like Epi, for instance, looks human but can actually have nefarious intentions
That is a more than fair point Scotty.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

G-Man wrote:POSSIBLY MAFIA
Black Rock
Glorfindel
Long Con
LoRab
Metalmarsh89
Nutella
Spacedaisy
Additional details are needed, I think, regarding my list. That list, if you'll note, is in alphabetical order. Black Rock and LoRab are on my sus list largely because they are two players that I almost always suspect by default. They've both been on the quietish side but if I had to rank my sus list (most sus to least sus) it would look like this:

1. Nutella
2. Metalmarsh89
3. Long Con
4. Glorfindel
5. Spacedaisy
6. Black Rock
6. LoRab

I'm trying to give people the benefit of the doubt due to the game starting over Mother's Day weekend. That benefit of the doubt expires come Day 3. I'll be looking for Lazy Rotten Debras come Day 3.
My Banners:
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

Nvm on Scotty...I think.

Scotty, are you a fan of the show or no?
Image Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

So I will roll with the "waiting for DFaraday to explain more" movement.
Nutella has done nothing to dissuade the attention she has garnered. Maybe it's because she has no votes and thus doesn't feel like she needs to respond, or maybe she missed the accusations entirely.

LC has a few things not going well for him in my book:
-stubbornness in not acknowledging that not all cylons are evil.
-the sortie blurt just screams insubordination. Some have suggested he has done the obtuse action -> joke explanation before as a baddie, so this is an entirely possible baddie move to get us off the checkerboard trail, in which we would have found the first resurrection ship in 4 moves, as opposed to 6 (I think 6).
-his explanation of shouting out a rando sector also came with the assumption that the ships were not 1x1. How convenient.
-JJJ's case on him, for lack of better words, looks bad.

Rico, as I previously have said, could have eliminated ika for being his biggest vocal opponent. He says he would never quell a vocal opponent, but I also said I wouldn't get that donut at the gas station today. Priorities change.

Return to “Previous Jobs”