No votes
Golden
33%

Total votes: 15
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Two

Post by bea »

Ok - so this bit is mostly for Matt cuz he's the one who has been so vocal re:structure - but anyone can feel free to chime in...

I was thinking, that given the res ships and maybe the res HUB, if the cylons start off being unable to die *and* have BTS that's a heck of an early game advantage structure wise. Maybe to sort of balance that advantage cylons don't start with BTS - but rather are recruited by Cavil. Since as the show goes on, there is more and more distention in the ranks between the cylons and even within particular models themselves it would both aid the game and keep things in line lore wise.

Anyway - it was something I was tossinig around in my head. Might be worth something later. I could also be dead wrong.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 208

Post by indiglo »

G-Man, I am also nervous of nutella, and of course, LC.

Is there anything specific on Metalmarsh that gives you pause?

As for sorties - at this point, knowing Rezz Ships are 1x1, I agree that each volunteer could simply reason it out in their own head which sector they'd like to hit. It would be nice if each one would explain their reasoning for hitting that sector, but other than that, I don't think we need to overthink it at this point, unless and until we find out more details about movement, etc. of Rezz Ships. If this is agreeable to everyone, which it seems to be.

Linki~ Postin' then readin'
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Matt wrote:Linki - I can't explain why, but I suddenly want to lynch Scotty with a vengeance. I may rethink that in a few min, we'll see. Hrm.
Matt wrote: Nvm on Scotty...I think.

Scotty, are you a fan of the show or no?
What changed your mind so suddenly, Matticus?

And I'm as much a fan of this show as I am a Biochemist. I know nothing about biochemistry.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-Man wrote:
G-Man wrote:POSSIBLY MAFIA
Black Rock
Glorfindel
Long Con
LoRab
Metalmarsh89
Nutella
Spacedaisy
Additional details are needed, I think, regarding my list. That list, if you'll note, is in alphabetical order. Black Rock and LoRab are on my sus list largely because they are two players that I almost always suspect by default. They've both been on the quietish side but if I had to rank my sus list (most sus to least sus) it would look like this:

1. Nutella
2. Metalmarsh89
3. Long Con
4. Glorfindel
5. Spacedaisy
6. Black Rock
6. LoRab

I'm trying to give people the benefit of the doubt due to the game starting over Mother's Day weekend. That benefit of the doubt expires come Day 3. I'll be looking for Lazy Rotten Debras come Day 3.
I'd be interested in hearing your beefs with Metalmarsh89 and Glorfindel to round out your top four, since I've already examined the other two thoroughly.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

bea wrote:Ok - so this bit is mostly for Matt cuz he's the one who has been so vocal re:structure - but anyone can feel free to chime in...

I was thinking, that given the res ships and maybe the res HUB, if the cylons start off being unable to die *and* have BTS that's a heck of an early game advantage structure wise. Maybe to sort of balance that advantage cylons don't start with BTS - but rather are recruited by Cavil. Since as the show goes on, there is more and more distention in the ranks between the cylons and even within particular models themselves it would both aid the game and keep things in line lore wise.

Anyway - it was something I was tossinig around in my head. Might be worth something later. I could also be dead wrong.
Ahhh yea, that actually would make sense to have a recruiter.

That could technically mean that Epi could be recruited, if this were the case.

What I would hope to see is a lynched cylon or Cavil himself with information like "he/she was recruited by Cavil. If we never see that, then who knows if we'll ever get confirmation. There's just so much we don't knoooooooowwwww
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

Scotty wrote:
Matt wrote:Linki - I can't explain why, but I suddenly want to lynch Scotty with a vengeance. I may rethink that in a few min, we'll see. Hrm.

And I'm as much a fan of this show as I am a Biochemist. I know nothing about biochemistry.
I overreacted to your statement about John, that's all.

I'm now overreacting to bea's statement about Cavil, as well, and I must calm down hahaha.

Bea - I think that could work. If Cylons can be recruited, tho, does that mean Epi is suddenly fair game again?

Epi - Not asking you to divulge but you have no idea who Helo or Boomer are, then?

Linki - Hrm. Scotty and bea are making me anxious. Haha.
Image Image Image Image
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

G-Man wrote:And now a few other points I jotted down during my catch-up reading:

No joke, without fail my brain reads the phrase 'null scum' as 'numskull.' I don't know why my brain does it but I giggle every time it happens.
I do too! Hahahah!
RIP Ika. I was very surprised by his death. Please don't anyone take this the wrong way, but he was being somewhat disruptive, which baddies usually appreciate and don't interfere with. Until he died, it looked like we were heading for a Day 2 where the two main trains would have been Ika and Epi. I'll take the Ika/Silverwolf vouching at face value until I get burned by it, so I saw Ika as a frustrated civvie. Losing a civvie is bad any time. Being tasked with the situation where the top two are a frustrated civvie and a likely unlynchable role of questionable allegiance isn't savory at all.
Double agreed. I'm still trying to figure out the how and why that happened. His behavior was making him a prime lynch target for Day 2 and they killed him the night before? That's really odd. Feels like there were either emotions involved or it wasn't the original plan.
juliets wrote:OA I don't remember supporting any comments about you being weird or bad. So far my read on you is neutral. Please find the post you are talking about it when you are somewhere off of your cell phone.
Let me go back and look (I'm home now so I can search. lol.) I don't remember specifically who it was off the top of my head just thought it might have been you but I'll tell you for sure in a minute.
Ricochet wrote:
G-Man wrote:While it seems like Epi is probably a civvie-aligned Toaster, the argument over killing them all or only some is pretty simple- I don't see how killing all the Toasters can be a bad thing for the humans. Based on lore, some may be civvie aligned but if we zap them all, and no humans are baddies, then we still win. If there are humans whose wincons require civ-aligned Toasters to be alive, that sucks.
My guess is that's the other way around from how you put it in the last sentence.
I believe it to be a little bit of both.
G-Man wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
G-Man wrote:While it seems like Epi is probably a civvie-aligned Toaster, the argument over killing them all or only some is pretty simple- I don't see how killing all the Toasters can be a bad thing for the humans. Based on lore, some may be civvie aligned but if we zap them all, and no humans are baddies, then we still win. If there are humans whose wincons require civ-aligned Toasters to be alive, that sucks.
My guess is that's the other way around from how you put it in the last sentence.
Are you confused about what I wrote? Or are you saying that you think there are Toasters who need humans alive in order to win? Because that does make sense if we're correctly assuming a non-binary setup.

What I meant is that if there are humans who need Toasters alive in some kind of enabler relationship, that sucks for them because I see nothing wrong with locating and eliminating all the Toasters.
Why though? I personally think that there's a "human" mafia and a "cylon" mafia (or a mafia mixed with both). I believe there are cylons that are not mafia, and I believe that there are humans that are bad. The way the numbers work out, it's impossible for all cylons to be mafia and all humans to be townies. There are just too many cylons in the game to make that possible numbers wise. If that's the case, I'm not worried about finding certain cylons who probably have townie win conditions as I am finding the ones who are actually a part of the mafia and can hurt townies.

LINKI - what scotty said. The "all cylons must die" thing screams "Look I'm a helpful townie!" to me. When logistics say that's just not the case.

Going to look for the two things I promised to quote (LoRab and Nutella's back to backs and Who ever else mentioned the Zebra thing right after Matt.)
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matt wrote:Linki - Hrm. Scotty and bea are making me anxious. Haha.
XD

As soon as I saw the first mention of "recruiter" I thought "oh boy, Matt is going to struggle with this one". :p

I dunno though. If a recruiter is compatible with BG lore, then it's possible. I'm not sure how a recruiter would function in conjunction with the Final Five though.

function in conjunction

*disappears for a half hour watching school house rock*
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 382

Post by a2thezebra »

So say we all!

I'm probably going to vote for Black Rock again today unless someone tries to convince me otherwise and succeeds.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I'm surprised there's no votes yet this late in the day.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Vote a2thezebra

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

a2thezebra wrote:So say we all!

I'm probably going to vote for Black Rock again today unless someone tries to convince me otherwise and succeeds.
She has responded to your accusations, and I don't believe you have acknowledged her since. Do you intend to do so?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Oa I don't have any teammates in this game. :noble:

I forgot to tell you that before. :sigh:

Btw I know we failed at F5 (*sadface*) but again, I'd really like to give B3 a shot soonish.

QUESTION (for anyone) - Does anyone think it makes a difference who is sending Kat and Hot Dog on these missions? I ask because so far, the only hit was sent in by SVS, so really, I'd like SVS to send in as many as possible, given her schedule allows it.

Like, for instance, if a Cylon role sends in the coordinates, does that mean it won't hit regardless of whether the Ship is there or not? Hrm.
Image Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

G-Man wrote:After reviewing my notes, here is what I think of everyone:

POSSIBLY MAFIA
Black Rock
Glorfindel
Long Con
LoRab
Metalmarsh89
Nutella
Spacedaisy

NEUTRAL READ
a2thezebra
bea
JaggedJimmyJay
juliets
Matt
Nerolunar
Polo
Ricochet
sig

POSSIBLY CIVVIE
DrumBeats
Epignosis
Indiglo
ObscureAllure
S~V~S
Silverwolf

NO READ YET
DFaraday
inawordyes
Scotty
SokothQultuq
Vompatti

Let me know if you want any specifics on a particular player and I'll look through my notes on them again and post some details. At this point, I think I'm inclined most toward voting for Nutella because she's giving off the most Lazy Rotten Debra vibes.

Linki: Nice find Scotty. Hopefully the Hub isn't involved because it's bad enough that it might take three game days and nights to clear the grid and make the Toasters killable. To have an extra ship jumping around would make it almost impossible for the humans/civvies/whateveryouthinkthegoodguysshouldbecalled to win.
G-Man, thank you for this; you are someone I have never seen as tentative, so your initial lack of being willing to commit to an opinion had me worried.
POSSIBLY MAFIA
Black Rock
Glorfindel
Long Con
LoRab
Metalmarsh89
Nutella
Spacedaisy
I think BR is probably civ; she said something to me, asked me a very pointed question, when I assumed Epi being a Cylon made him bad. I don't see bad BR asking pointed questions. I think Glorfindel, not unlike yourself, has been rather tentative. That seems more in character with him, but he is definitely a question mark for me. LC I always think is bad, but I liked the case on him. Plus as someone that I know appreciates a good plan, his gleeful wrench throwing seemed a bit "evil" glee rather than "just for fun" kind of glee. Same for Nutella, really~ I always think she is bad. I recall little from MM, even though he is a top 10 poster. So I want to reread him. I have little recollection of LoRabs posts, either. Hrm.
NEUTRAL READ
a2thezebra
bea
JaggedJimmyJay
juliets
Matt
Nerolunar
Polo
Ricochet
sig
G Man, I have moved you to this group. I liked Ricos point about Zebra, BEA WHERE ARE YOUR OPINIONS?

I lean civ on JJJ, I doubt he would come into the thread and announce he was going to play differently if he was bad. Matt is barely derping at all, I think he is supatown. Juliets, also null. I think Polo seems townier to me than not, but "I SAID OLYMPIC CARRIER" is not helping him. We know, Polo, you totally did. I feel better about Rico since he started making more pointed, Rico-y posts. Sig no clue.
POSSIBLY CIVVIE
DrumBeats
Epignosis
Indiglo
ObscureAllure
S~V~S
Silverwolf

I have no problem with this group. OA definitely made me feel better with her :meany: at me for mentioning her. I disagree with her re Polo, but in Mafia games "so say we all" is rather rare.
NO READ YET
DFaraday
inawordyes
Scotty
SokothQultuq
Vompatti
I think if Vomps was bad he would have totally Ninjaed the rotation. Plus I think he has not had one on topic post. Leaning civ. Faraday leaning bad more than neutral; he keeps making "OMG SO BEHIND" remarks but they all have a little nugget in them that implies he has, in fact, read. IAWY no idea. Is her here or not?
Inawordyes wrote:@Silverwolf, Ika

A quick side point, but judging my scum meta to be that I'm a no-show inactive lurker because I couldn't be here for the last game is not a fair assessment to read me as scum in this game just because the same IRL circumstances are playing a part here too. How active I am is not alignment-indicative, especially at the moment where I can't be as active as I used to, and if that's the was the crux of your whole scumread argument on me D1, it's a bad one.
he said in one of his other posts that he read the flips, but here he talks to ika who is dead? And activity level is definitely a tell for some people and no one here really knows his Meta. I think Glorfindel knows him? Glorfindel, any thoughts on him, if so?

I lean civ on Scotty. KlingonGuy has not said much re suspects, but I love this post:
SokothQultuq wrote:No hidden meaning. I was just poking fun. 8-) As for suspecting anyone... I'm not sure how your supposed to get a feel that sort of thing yet. I'm reading along and spotting little hints about peoples potential characters but outside of this there is nothing to justify that anyone is any particular person and therefore its hard to make an educated decision. Most of you have played together for some time based on the banter and have a clue about how each of you react so it kind of puts the noob in the room at a disadvantage. LOL

Based on certain people's actions and reactions I've yet to see anyone do anything outright damaging. Some people who were quick to assist are suspect to me sometimes but that is difficult to gauge because normal people would be helpful. I think I've got a read on at least two peoples background characters based on activity, paranoia, and mentions of Heath Issues assuming that was not intended as a RL outburst which it could have been.

I find it very difficult to point a finger without enough evidence to say that they are a baddie or a goodie. I do think it odd to encourage voting for players who've not yet participated though. Especially coming off a holiday weekend. Giving it a couple of days would yield better results to see how they jump in. But that is my humble read of the current situation.
But I hope to see him jump in sooner rather than later.

After more reading, I will qualify some of this more.

Linki~ Yay Bea :D & 34,675,243,480 linkitis
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:So say we all!

She has responded to your accusations, and I don't believe you have acknowledged her since. Do you intend to do so?
Where did she respond? If this is true, I will vote for someone else.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Matt wrote:
Scotty wrote:

I overreacted to your statement about John, that's all.

I'm now overreacting to bea's statement about Cavil, as well, and I must calm down hahaha.

Bea - I think that could work. If Cylons can be recruited, tho, does that mean Epi is suddenly fair game again?

Epi - Not asking you to divulge but you have no idea who Helo or Boomer are, then?

Linki - Hrm. Scotty and bea are making me anxious. Haha.
Yes matt - you need to calm down. You've agreed with me already re: lore and structure stuff you just forgot it was me that suggested Gaius and Six could have a lover's win con. I just like the show and enjoy trying to figure out the puzzle.

As for epi - much like your idea that Boomer could Seem as Athena niggles in the back of your mind, that thought did cross my mind as soon as I thought up this idea. As of yet, I haven't seen anything that worries me about Epi - and as I said before he flipped, I have a hard time seeing the role of Athena as bad in any game. Perhaps Six and Athena are exempt from the list? IDK - it was just some ideas I had floating around in my head while I went to sleep last night.

linki - svs - lol - I was all "keep reading....they are there..."
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Actually, I'll take your word for it JJJ and find the response myself later.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

beaaaaaa

I'm calm. :)
Image Image Image Image
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

The idea of a recruiting Cavil frightens me to no end. However, I would think, if we're going to think about that, maybe we should think about a recruiting D'Anna. Or a D'Anna who wants to get rid of certain other Cylons (like what happened the show). She kind of led another group of Cylons who disagreed with Cavil, no? Or maybe I'm remembering that wrong. I'll look into it further.

I hope that's not a thing, but maybe it is. Maybe it would be triggered by something... I have no idea. I just hope that's not a thing.

I think I already see some linki, so I'm gonna post and then read. :beer:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I'll probably be around at EoD but just in case I'm not, I'm going to go ahead and vote before I forget.

Ricochet
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

a2thezebra wrote:I'll probably be around at EoD but just in case I'm not, I'm going to go ahead and vote before I forget.

Ricochet
I'm pretty much over it, but just want to ask...

Do you know Oa from back in the day?
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

a2thezebra wrote:Actually, I'll take your word for it JJJ and find the response myself later.
Too late, I already got it. :P
Black Rock wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Black Rock never lurks or fails to be present when she's town. Mafia is the box.
Or the game started on a Friday night, and I have busy. :faint: What's the chances? We can take bets on how this is going to go. I'm confidant on my end.
Black Rock wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Black Rock never lurks or fails to be present when she's town. Mafia is the box.
Not true, I do believe I got my nick on my PScore when I was Town. You can't really say never because it really depends on the game, and the time of year.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I suppose I could say that she was less present in both Economics and Talking Heads, when she was an evil-doing evil-doer. I'll let her answer before saying anything more on the matter.
Except that is the complete meta of BR. If Zebra thinks my meta really is I talk more as civ and not as baddie then I call bull shit. Especially day one. I can off handly say Zebras meta is to call me bad when's shes bad, it's happened at least two or three games.
Black Rock wrote:
sig wrote:However, on that note BR (see got it right this time yay) why did Zebra vote for you? I don't recall seeing a real reason.

Guess you can call me dog until I stop calling you BR. :P
I could never begin to understand Zebra.
Black Rock wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Black Rock wrote:Except that is the complete meta of BR. If Zebra thinks my meta really is I talk more as civ and not as baddie then I call bull shit. Especially day one. I can off handly say Zebras meta is to call me bad when's shes bad, it's happened at least two or three games.
Could you provide a couple examples (just by off-hand memory) for each of the following:

1. Black Rock is town and starts a game quietly

2. Zebra is a baddie and accuses Black Rock of being a baddie
1. Most of my games (bad or good)

2. The last game we played, we were both bad. LC was her teammate. I'll go look I guess.
Those are all relevant.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I'll probably be around at EoD but just in case I'm not, I'm going to go ahead and vote before I forget.

Ricochet
I'm pretty much over it, but just want to ask...

Do you know Oa from back in the day?
It's possible. I remember very little of my days on The Piano besides everyone who migrated over here when this site first went up.

linki - Wow, thank you!
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

indiglo wrote:G-Man, I am also nervous of nutella, and of course, LC.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'd be interested in hearing your beefs with Metalmarsh89 and Glorfindel to round out your top four, since I've already examined the other two thoroughly.
A lot of my issues with Metalmarsh revolve around his lack of substance. I've been noting page #'s on my notes spreadsheet, so the information below relates to page #'s in the thread (assuming a thread set to 40 posts per page).

He starts out Day 1 with his usual silliness. Maybe it's because I was just in a game he hosted (hence he was a little more serious) that has me thrown off but his silliness seemed to run on too long. His early vote was odd and on page 15 he was asking some very easily answered questions and then more goofiness. More fluff and snark until page 29. That's when I first note him saying anything that I deemed useful. He was cautioning listening to what Epi was saying. This is after the lynch mind you. That means he coasted through Day 1 on a whimsical flying snark machine. :suspish:

Some other things he said seemed off. He didn't believe that some Toasters could be civ-aligned, which makes a lot of sense for a complex game based on what seems to be a complex show. On top of it all, Golden the Coward ;) speficially mentions that wincons are secret. His skepticism of the checkerboard grid plan was palatable to a point- Drum could have suggested that grid plot because it would miss the rezz ship(s) but it wasn't so sneaky at all. I also grew tired of him by page 37 because it seemed like he was content to just troll Ika rather than keep the game rolling forward.

I have very little on him during Day 2 just yet. All in all, he coasted, he poked, he shrugged, and he called it a day. I didn't see much helpful content and the whole sum of it makes me give him a hard sideways glance.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

why for the rico vote zeebs? I feel pretty good about him - what are you seeing that I'm not?
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

Ricochet
Strong OMGUS there.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Re - Does it matter who sends in the sortie? I don't imagine it would have to be a non-cylon to have a successful sortie. Ont he show, there were Cylons involved in destroying the Rezz Hub, and other cylons. But SVS did do a boss job, and she said she can do most 5:49am calls... so she may end up doing quite a few!

@ Zeebs, are you not going to be around at EoD? So needed to vote now?

Oh linki~ :cloud9:

XOXO Epi Girl
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

That response isn't so good. I don't remember accusing BR of being bad when I was bad for more than one time, and I find it suspicious that she says she doesn't understand me yet claims to know my meta. How can you know my meta without understanding me, at least to some extent?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Linki: The whimsical vote-ninja snark-marmot strikes again. :suspish:
My Banners:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

bea wrote:why for the rico vote zeebs? I feel pretty good about him - what are you seeing that I'm not?
He's trying too hard.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Ricochet wrote:

Ricochet
Strong OMGUS there.
Impeccable observation.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

indiglo wrote:Re - Does it matter who sends in the sortie? I don't imagine it would have to be a non-cylon to have a successful sortie. Ont he show, there were Cylons involved in destroying the Rezz Hub, and other cylons. But SVS did do a boss job, and she said she can do most 5:49am calls... so she may end up doing quite a few!

@ Zeebs, are you not going to be around at EoD? So needed to vote now?

Oh linki~ :cloud9:
Do you need me tomorrow 5:49 AM? I can do it, Friday AM, too if you need me to. I can't do any 11:49 PMs and I can't commit for sure at work, my boss may actually want me to work at 11:49 AM, lol.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

That's a good example of him trying too hard actually. It reminds me of me when I'm trying to win over town's affections by stating an opinion on everything. It's the classic underrated baddie tactic of diving headfirst into the crowd and running for elections.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

ObscureAllure wrote: I think Lorab and Nutella have BTSC although that in itself doesn't make them bad if they do, always possible to have townie BTSC.
I do not have BTSC with Nutella, or anyone else for that matter. And I am not mafia (which you say in a later post, but I only quoted this one). I have no idea about LA. I find her hard to read and I know she's graduating this week, so I know her schedule is off in terms of mafia time and her brain is probably in a lot of places right now. I think her commnents to/about Ika are consistent with the way she posts about players, regardless of alliance. I don't know where I stand with her.
Silverwolf wrote:What you two are missing is Epi's attitude towards me since I started playing on this site.
A lot of us had trouble understanding Epi's attitude and felt that he was against us. I've come to accept that he isn't really against anyone in particular--he just has his ideas about the best way to play the game. He's really not trying to be mean. He does come off as more gruff than I think he intends sometimes--I also think it's part of his strategy. I definitely don't think he's trying to run you off the site nor do I think he was suggesting that you not play.
G-Man wrote:
nutella wrote:
LoRab wrote:
indiglo wrote:Hey, Drums, you triggered another secret event! A Spoiler Tag / Quote malfunction! Hooray!

I did that before. I found it quite disconcerting. Someone will be along to clean it up shortly, I imagine.
OK, sorry for a moment of nostalgia, but this totally made me remember a game from a thousand years ago where every five minutes, the host popped up with, "A secret event has been triggered." I think it was on The Piano, not LP--really early days. ZOMG Zombies, maybe? Or possibly Computer Lab? Or some other game from around that time that I just can't come up with. Does anyone remember? Because this is bothering me now.
I think it was dan's zombie game (which IIRC was the first game on the piano) but I'm not positive.

Speaking of nostalgia I have to say I giggled when Silver said LC's posts were "fluffy." XD
No, Zombies was the third game:

That was my first game on The Piano but you guys had played two before that. Maybe Lost and Buffy? Or was At the Hellmouth an LP game? I played ZOMG Zombies and I don't recall it having secret events. I did not play Computer Lab. I was thinking maybe Matrix Mafia or, if SD is correct about it being a Scocub game, perhaps Mafia 2099- that was a futuristic sci-fi based game with a lot of weird stuff in it.

Am I a dork for having saved that banner link for all these years?
MovingPictures07 wrote:I think it was Computer Lab, the game where S~V~S was an outed baddie and we left her alive, oh and my IRC teammates blindfaeth and LittleTiger both were recruited to the Botnet and betrayed me? :pout:

Yeah, that game. :p Because I remember stlgirl saying there were secret events pretty often.
Ah, memories. So, either Computer Lab or Mystery, I think. Matrix was hosted by Blacx, not sco. And I loved 2099--one of my favorite roles and games of all time!

Other things: I could see LC being bad. His stubbornness about Epig being bad doesn't sit right with me. Others who watch the show have posted that Epig would make more sense, story wise, as civ aligned. LC obviously knows the show. That he won't entertain that possibility just doesn't feel right. He's smarter than that and has more complicated game experience to realize that it could, quite easily, be not that simple. His jokey jumping in on the sortie out of turn felt like LC poking the dragon to see how far he can go with someone--which feels more like bad LC than good LC.

Rico has been brought up a few times--he doesn't seem bad to me. His back and forth with Ika reminded me of a back and forth he and I had in recruitment, which (IIRC) was civ on civ--or at least unrecruited on unrecruited (I remained unrecruited, and I can't remember if this interaction was before or after he was recruited). Anyway, it doesn't make him read bad to me.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

G-Man wrote:Linki: The whimsical vote-ninja snark-marmot strikes again. :suspish:
I've gotten used to MM's haphazard votes by now, I'm not much more predictable myself. It doesn't rub me the wrong way.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-Man wrote:snark-marmot
I like the portmanteau potential of this. MM is now snarmot.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

@ SVS - Yes, if it's ok, tomorrow 5:49am. I'll put you tentatively for the Fri AM slot too. (Unless someone else wants it real bad.)

May 11, 11:49 am EST - G-Man
May 11, 5:49 pm EST - juliets
May 11, 11:49 pm EST - Scotty
May 12, 5:49 am EST - SVS
May 12, 11:49 am EST -
May 12, 5:49 pm EST -
May 12, 11:49 pm EST -
May 13, 5:49 am EST - SVS

XOXO Epi Girl
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

Matt wrote:Epi - Not asking you to divulge but you have no idea who Helo or Boomer are, then?
Oh, sure I do! That's two of them people what's listed on the front page, ain't they?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

One point I'd like to throw out there that lore-knowers can contest or not:

It strikes me as unlikely that the alignment of characters in the show will entirely define the alignment of characters in this game. We have a mechanic in place that reveals players' characters, as has happened with Epignosis. If there's a consistent correlation between show alignment and game alignment, then wouldn't this mechanic eventually break the game?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

a2thezebra wrote:
bea wrote:why for the rico vote zeebs? I feel pretty good about him - what are you seeing that I'm not?
He's trying too hard.
I thought he was trying hard since he was taking early accusations of not trying enough?
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

@ G-Man - Good notes, thanks for sharing those. I don't remember MM's playstyle at all (assuming we've played together much, which I don't remember either, how sad) so is this pretty typical for MM? Or is he usually a more serious player?

XOXO Epi Girl
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

a2thezebra wrote:That's a good example of him trying too hard actually. It reminds me of me when I'm trying to win over town's affections by stating an opinion on everything. It's the classic underrated baddie tactic of diving headfirst into the crowd and running for elections.
Well I'll start by saying that I hardly intended or managed to really cover everything in this game (proof being this frakstain of a phase I'm having).

And that's pretty much it, actually. So, nope. :shrug:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

As for Glorfindel, he's my Lazy Rotten Debra of the game so far. He's made 13 posts and a few of them are of the "catching up :sigh: " variety. He posts a few civvie vibes, agrees with a lot of other people's thoughts, gets sidetracked into lore/mechanics discussions, and tells us who he won't vote for. What's missing is independent thought and any mention of his own suspicions. That's almost exactly what Debra did in Biblical Mafia, hence the term Lazy Rotten Debra.

linki: Indiglo, I can take the 11:49 a.m. again tomorrow if you need someone
My Banners:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I haven't taken issue with Rico's tone at any point, and I think his interactions with other people on Day 1 when he was getting crap looked like I'd expect them to look when he's town. If I have any doubt about him it's that a large portion of his post count has been dedicated to mechanics and puzzles instead of getting reads. I don't think that's a good lynch today though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

nutella wrote:wait was zebra on RM or something? I thought she was from one of the music forums? or maybe you're thinking of a different person
My bad, it was Nutella that chimed in right after Matt.
nutella wrote:I would like to hear more from Zebra, I think I tend to get odd vibes from her usually but I'm really unclear on what she's done this game and her name sticks out as one I'm curious about. In fact I might go look at her ISO and see what I find (all I remember is the OA thing).
And then again after. (BTW is it default that you can't search two letter words on this forum? Sucks when I'm trying to search for OA. lol)

I just noted that something so completely irrelevant to this game was brought up a few time. Small ping. (Sorry Juliet, had the wrong gal.)

OH MY LINKI.
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

indiglo wrote:@ G-Man - Good notes, thanks for sharing those. I don't remember MM's playstyle at all (assuming we've played together much, which I don't remember either, how sad) so is this pretty typical for MM? Or is he usually a more serious player?
A few months have passed since I last played a game with him openly (was he in EST Heist?) and I'm bad at tracking metas. I know he's goofy but I'm feeling disarmed by him so far.
My Banners:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-Man wrote:

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'd be interested in hearing your beefs with Metalmarsh89 and Glorfindel to round out your top four, since I've already examined the other two thoroughly.
A lot of my issues with Metalmarsh revolve around his lack of substance. I've been noting page #'s on my notes spreadsheet, so the information below relates to page #'s in the thread (assuming a thread set to 40 posts per page).

He starts out Day 1 with his usual silliness. Maybe it's because I was just in a game he hosted (hence he was a little more serious) that has me thrown off but his silliness seemed to run on too long. His early vote was odd and on page 15 he was asking some very easily answered questions and then more goofiness. More fluff and snark until page 29. That's when I first note him saying anything that I deemed useful. He was cautioning listening to what Epi was saying. This is after the lynch mind you. That means he coasted through Day 1 on a whimsical flying snark machine. :suspish:

Some other things he said seemed off. He didn't believe that some Toasters could be civ-aligned, which makes a lot of sense for a complex game based on what seems to be a complex show. On top of it all, Golden the Coward ;) speficially mentions that wincons are secret. His skepticism of the checkerboard grid plan was palatable to a point- Drum could have suggested that grid plot because it would miss the rezz ship(s) but it wasn't so sneaky at all. I also grew tired of him by page 37 because it seemed like he was content to just troll Ika rather than keep the game rolling forward.

I have very little on him during Day 2 just yet. All in all, he coasted, he poked, he shrugged, and he called it a day. I didn't see much helpful content and the whole sum of it makes me give him a hard sideways glance.
Hey MM, come defend yourself.

G-Man, how about Glorfindel?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:One point I'd like to throw out there that lore-knowers can contest or not:

It strikes me as unlikely that the alignment of characters in the show will entirely define the alignment of characters in this game. We have a mechanic in place that reveals players' characters, as has happened with Epignosis. If there's a consistent correlation between show alignment and game alignment, then wouldn't this mechanic eventually break the game?
I think it's a reasonable assumption - As I said - it doesn't 100 clear epi - just makes me more open to the idea that he is as he says. Ya know?

I do know for a fact - based on the host notes about it - that the Final 5 quite possibly won't go along the lines of the show in terms of who.

That said - it feels like *some* can't go against a certain plan (like cavil and six) or it's not in the spirit of the them ya know?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
G-Man wrote:

Hey MM, come defend yourself.

G-Man, how about Glorfindel?
Ahem.
G-Man wrote:As for Glorfindel, he's my Lazy Rotten Debra of the game so far. He's made 13 posts and a few of them are of the "catching up :sigh: " variety. He posts a few civvie vibes, agrees with a lot of other people's thoughts, gets sidetracked into lore/mechanics discussions, and tells us who he won't vote for. What's missing is independent thought and any mention of his own suspicions. That's almost exactly what Debra did in Biblical Mafia, hence the term Lazy Rotten Debra.

linki: Indiglo, I can take the 11:49 a.m. again tomorrow if you need someone
My Banners:
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:One point I'd like to throw out there that lore-knowers can contest or not:

This could be a valid point. Especially since the Final 5 will not be lore based (to prevent us obviously knowing who they are). Certain things definitely seem lore based, but I agree that not everything can be, or obvious game would be obvious. And I'm not sure if an individual cylon's alignment would be one of those things. It's just that... Athena being bad would go so against everything in the show...

Or was that not what you were getting at?

@ G-Man, thanks, got you added to ye olde schedule. Also, I wondered where that term was coming from. lol Is Glor new to mafia? I do find it odd that someone who is not caught up at all could still come in and discuss game mechanics.

I think my top 2 are likely still nutella and LC, atm anyway.

Linkapalooza! :workit:

XOXO Epi Girl

Return to “Previous Jobs”