Golden
33%

Total votes: 15
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night Two

Post by Matt »

3J has also shown little to zero interest in helping with the Rezz ships, unless he was lecturing Long Con for participating.

indi - I really don't know about SW, I had a clear "townie" feeling on her until I read those words of hers...I'm really liking this game. From my pov, that has not been the case at all.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

3J also comes from RYM, and I believe it was those members who brought the word "scum" over to the Syndicate, if I'm not mistaken.

Derp.
Image Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 287

Post by sig »

Matt wrote:3J has also shown little to zero interest in helping with the Rezz ships, unless he was lecturing Long Con for participating.

indi - I really don't know about SW, I had a clear "townie" feeling on her until I read those words of hers...I'm really liking this game. From my pov, that has not been the case at all.
I'm townreading her at the moment.
What do you think of Epi not wanting to help find or caring about the resurrection ships?
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

sig wrote:
Matt wrote:3J has also shown little to zero interest in helping with the Rezz ships, unless he was lecturing Long Con for participating.

I'm townreading her at the moment.
What do you think of Epi not wanting to help find or caring about the resurrection ships?
I was town reading her too. Tell me sig, ISO SW and tell me if you think she's been enjoying this game or not, strictly from your PoV.

I want Cally to search Epi tonight. And assuming she's still alive, I'd like Cally to randomly search Epi again on Night 4 or 5. We don't know Cylon role abilities, for all we know they have a protect, and some people are requesting to search Epi tonight because they will protect him or some such.

On the whole, tho, I'm going to believe that Epi is Athena, and if he's Athena, I must believe he's civvie.
Image Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 425
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

bea wrote:It's 10 21 right now. Did I eff up? It changed from 2 hours to 3 hours because of daylight savings. I thought it was 2 in the summer and 3 in the winter.
Oh snap. This is Cylonish behaviour, right sig? She probably deliberately missed it in order to delay the destruction of another Rez Ship. :haha:

I wonder if the Cylons even know where the Rez Ships are?

I also wonder about those making assumptions about "distance from a Rez ship"... I don't think I am in any particular sector on the grid. Do YOU think you are somewhere, anyone? Does that concept exist in this game? There's green and red, a binary code for on or off Galactica. In my universe, there are only two sectors... one is Galactica, and one is not.
Matt wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:Luckily, I'm really liking this game, so I'm here.
Lessee here, SW's soul mate was murdered Night 1, SW had an emotional breakdown in thread earlier, SW has apparently reported Epi at one point for being a meany...

Yet she's really liking the game. Hrm.
She's a Long Con fan, and this game has featured some primo LC-focused sections. :srsnod:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

Matt wrote:I want Cally to search Epi tonight. And assuming she's still alive, I'd like Cally to randomly search Epi again on Night 4 or 5.
Not going to happen.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

So say we all. Because I never know when Golden posted.

Looks like I get to answer a few Mattusations this afternoon.
Matt wrote:Fyi peeps, nutella was one of the folks who missed "So Say We All" once or twice. In fact, I'm not even sure if she ever said it. 3J is also a player who has missed saying it quite a few times (which bugs me, because I like to believe 3J pays attention).
1. Yes, I've missed "So say we all" on two occasions. I've said in this game and others that I don't think it's a wise use of one's time to go back and trudge through a full game thread before making any posts, because it consumes a great deal of time and usually doesn't even help me to understand the game very much (attention span dwindles after about a quarter of a 100 post page). I make posts when they come to mind and I concern myself with past contexts later when I do analyses. In this game that method has burned me on this rule, because I didn't go back to see Golden's "So say we all" posts and I didn't think to just stick it in my own posts to be safe. I've tried to change that in this post by sticking it at the top despite having no idea whether it's really necessary.

2. Why does that trend between nutella and I among others mean anything to you?
That's right. First, most of the scheduling people have done for that exercise has happened when I've been away from the thread. Second, I think that while it's important that some people keep tabs on that, it's also important that others focus on hunting -- otherwise it becomes a distraction and hinders the more important function of the game. I think we've had a good thing going in which both aspects of play are addressed by certain people and I haven't seen a reason to change that.
Matt wrote:3J also comes from RYM, and I believe it was those members who brought the word "scum" over to the Syndicate, if I'm not mistaken.

Derp.
You also just said "scum". I actually think Marmot's observation is an astute one, but that word is used by quite a few people around here. Even longer-term Syndicate regulars are saying it more often than they used to. It's more en vogue than it was when I joined the site.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Vompatti »

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you need a warrant to randomly search someone?
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Two

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The second post in the spoiler is the point of interest, because the posts following it are essentially just her defending herself after being called out for that. I think it's safe to say that her claim that "she would have voted for Epig" had she not missed the vote was a belated credit grab. She wanted to partake in the pseudo-celebration of having just lynched a cylon without noting that it wasn't quite a certainty that he was actually bad. At face value I'd say that's a pretty bad look for Epignosis.
I don't see how you draw that conclusion.
If I'm right that her claim that she'd have voted for you was an attempt to collect some credit alongside the people who actually did, then that implies she thought voting for Epignosis would have looked good for her. I don't think she was entirely caught up with things or had really thought it through at that point, meaning she wasn't considering the possibility that you're not a bad cylon -- which would suggest she did think you were a bad cylon. If she herself was a bad cylon then the implication is you're team mates.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

1) Matt will probably be my next vote. He and Nutella went back and forth about the zebra thing with me (despite it not having anything to do with this game.) Much of what he's brought against people isn't even gameplay. And he's trying desperately to distance himself from her (must be an RMer who said scum!) and is now saying people I think are townies are bad. Mark my words, the guy is bad.

2) is Vomp always this off topic? That and his self vote are odd
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The second post in the spoiler is the point of interest, because the posts following it are essentially just her defending herself after being called out for that. I think it's safe to say that her claim that "she would have voted for Epig" had she not missed the vote was a belated credit grab. She wanted to partake in the pseudo-celebration of having just lynched a cylon without noting that it wasn't quite a certainty that he was actually bad. At face value I'd say that's a pretty bad look for Epignosis.
I don't see how you draw that conclusion.
If I'm right that her claim that she'd have voted for you was an attempt to collect some credit alongside the people who actually did, then that implies she thought voting for Epignosis would have looked good for her. I don't think she was entirely caught up with things or had really thought it through at that point, meaning she wasn't considering the possibility that you're not a bad cylon -- which would suggest she did think you were a bad cylon. If she herself was a bad cylon then the implication is you're team mates.
Congratulations! You won an award. :clap:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:Congratulations! You won an award. :clap:

If I'm right that you're asserting I'm guilty of pretzel logic, then please illustrate the problem.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Epi is acting the same way he acted when he was suspected in Turf War. He blew people's suspicion off and acted more abrasive and discounted/ignored those who suspected him, he is acting almost the same way to me this game as in Turf Wars when I thought he was mafia.

@Matt Okay I'll do that.

@OA Matt is always like that regardless of alignment, re the scum RYM thing. However, I do see your point I'll need to consider it.
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

ObscureAllure wrote:1) Matt will probably be my next vote. He and Nutella went back and forth about the zebra thing with me (despite it not having anything to do with this game.) Much of what he's brought against people isn't even gameplay. And he's trying desperately to distance himself from her (must be an RMer who said scum!) and is now saying people I think are townies are bad. Mark my words, the guy is bad.

2) is Vomp always this off topic? That and his self vote are odd
As to #2, OA I haven't played a lot with Vomps but when I have he is always this off-topic and a self vote is not odd for him at all.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

If I'm right that you're asserting I'm guilty of pretzel logic, then please illustrate the problem.
Your conclusion is dependent upon two independent assumptions ("If I'm right..." and "I don't think..."), neither of which you can verify. Your second inference doesn't follow from the preceding assumption either, and I would argue you should consider it less likely, given that nutella's reaction was not celebratory in the slightest.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sig wrote:Epi is acting the same way he acted when he was suspected in Turf War. He blew people's suspicion off and acted more abrasive and discounted/ignored those who suspected him, he is acting almost the same way to me this game as in Turf Wars when I thought he was mafia.
I just...don't...know how to be different...when I'm bad! Someone please help me!

:overreact:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
sig wrote:Epi is acting the same way he acted when he was suspected in Turf War. He blew people's suspicion off and acted more abrasive and discounted/ignored those who suspected him, he is acting almost the same way to me this game as in Turf Wars when I thought he was mafia.
I just...don't...know how to be different...when I'm bad! Someone please help me!

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

Another six pages and I'll be caught up. I've been busier than I expected to day at work. I'm almost up to the point where the lynch poll closes.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Epignosis wrote:

Thanks just keep proving my point. :clap:
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sig wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Thanks just keep proving my point. :clap:
No problem, man!
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

ObscureAllure wrote:1) Matt will probably be my next vote. He and Nutella went back and forth about the zebra thing with me (despite it not having anything to do with this game.) Much of what he's brought against people isn't even gameplay. And he's trying desperately to distance himself from her (must be an RMer who said scum!) and is now saying people I think are townies are bad. Mark my words, the guy is bad.
Per the underline, I really don't care. I mean, I do in the sense in that sucks for the civvies, but I don't think you (or anyone else) voting me will hinder my ability to play the game.

Per the italics...lulz.

OA - Do you think SilverWolf has been "really liking" this game so far?
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 382

Post by a2thezebra »

This is town Epi if I've ever seen town Epi.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

@sig Cool, looking forward to your thoughts.

@Epi - Wow. So Cally can only check a player once in the game?

@ Cally - Maybe you should random.org it, nights 3 - 5, and stick to whatever random night comes up. Include 2 in your randoming if you so desire.
Image Image Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

So say we all.

I don't think we need to say it, but just in case I missed a post in reading through.

RIH LA.

And no, she and i were not connected. Here's the TLDR of what I'm about to type: I'm not bad. I am not connected to LA in any way in this game. She and I happened to have similar opinions at similar times--which is pure coincidence on timing and merely that she and I think about games similarly in general. I think she also tried to push the idea that were were connected with her later posts. Earlier on, I had no read on her--after I voted, her posts started to be evident that she was bad. I posted that when I noticed it, which was after I had already voted. The evidence is circumstantial and is leading folks to false conclusions about their suspicion of me.
bea wrote: no -you didn't miss it I didn't say - but BR put some supsih here that i agree with. So yea. Twirl if I'm wrong I will happily prove I'm wrong. But you do have to prove I'm wrong....
:lorab: (since you asked for it and all)

Not sure how I could possibly prove that you're wrong. But I know you are. Please ask me more questions and explain which points you think were good. Because I would very much like to prove that I am good and you are wrong.
Black Rock wrote:
LoRab wrote:In totally unrelated news, I just got Hamilton tickets for December. And you all should vote for and play Dom's and my Hamilton game when we post it and the next poll goes up. And, I'm more than excited to have gotten tickets. I felt a need to share.
Then I think a congratulations is in order.

In other news, I was looking back in my FB photos and came across pics from Frex Halloween Party. There was one with you, me, LC, Sawyer540, and DD. Good times, miss the old crew.
Indeed. We should have a reunion! A few posts planning the finale party showed up on my On This Day a couple of days ago and I was definitely missing the old crew.
Black Rock wrote:Ok OA.
Black Rock wrote:
LoRab wrote:LA's latest posts are not feeling so good to me. She is starting to feel cornered baddie.

Interesting LoRab. I see you jumped a vote on LC and have stuck around to throw out this opinion. Is this to cover your ass if LA flips something bad or murdering like? (I'm sorry, I'm not getting the whole concept yet)

Just something to watch. Just know I am. :eye:

It's this post from LoRab that just seemed to convenient. After she just voted for LC. Hold on I'll get that post...
LoRab wrote:I went ahead and

voted Long Con

Sorry, dude, but your posts are just reading more bad to me than good. It's more gut than anything.

And I'm under the weather and really tired, and don't trust that I won't fall asleep at the computer, so wanted to vote now rather than forget or sleep through it.
I felt this vote post was weak. She states she might be falling asleep. Although she has made post three hours later. She also seemed to be ticket shopping. Baddie LoRab is known for such excuses.

But once again it's this post...
LoRab wrote:LA's latest posts are not feeling so good to me. She is starting to feel cornered baddie.
Like she was covering her ass, after she voted for LC and could not change it.

If she was covering her ass and bad it would mean they were teammates in the most murdering sense.

Linki: So say we all.

That is not a good Cylon.
I missed several votes in the last game and feel awful about that. I hate missing votes. I do what I can to make that not happen. Knowing I was tired, and that the chance existed of falling asleep, I chose to vote on the early side. It was not so much that I was falling asleep, it that I was afraid I would fall asleep. I didn't want to miss the vote. As things were, I did fall asleep before the lynch ended.

I ended up not falling asleep in front of the computer, and was up for a few more hours. My sleep is fairly erratic--so when I lynch ends at an iffy time, I try to remember to proactively vote early. At the time I voted, I was more suspicious of LC. When LA then made more posts, she started to look bad to me. That's really all there is to it.

And yes, during that 3 hours of "wow, I'm tired" and actually sleeping, I saw that Hamilton tickets had gone up for sale (which was unannounced and unexpected) and not wanting to lose my shot, I bought the tickets. It's not like I was looking for them.

No excuses. And yes, I'm sure I do things like this with falling asleep later than I thought I might as a baddie--I also do it as a civ, as an indie, as a neutral, and when I'm not playing the game. Honestly, sometimes I feel like I live on the Island (or in Night Vale)--time just isn't what it seems sometimes in my world.

I realize that there is circumstantial evidence that doesn't make me look good. But I assure you, it's purely circumstantial, and it's evidence of funky schedule-ness--not badness.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Things nutella said to/about LoRab:
nutella wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Somebody tell me how in the hell I scumhunt if we are going to assume anyone is town or scum? WTF am I supposed to do in this game then?
For starters, stop shutting down the opinions of those who are used to complicated set ups. Those of us that have been playing here and on Syndicate's Cousin Sites are used to set ups in which good and bad isn't all that clear cut. This is just another variation on our normal.

To be plain, I would be absolutely shocked and disappointed if this were a simple game of civ v mafia. That simply wouldn't make sense given the description, the roles, and the general expectation of this site (with a game like this with no win conditions listed--there are certainly civ v mafia games, but they are described as such).

It's a different skill set, to be sure, to find baddies in such a game. Perhaps it could be useful if this is entirely unfamiliar to listen to those for whom this is not unfamiliar territory.
Yes, this. We have had numerous games that were not simply black and white "town" versus "scum" because honestly that gets really boring after a while. SW, ika, this may be new for you but try to keep an open mind about what a mafia game can look like and how complex the alignment system can get, and also maybe pay some attention to those who have show-lore-knowledge that might help understand such complexity for this particular game. Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong, but show some flexibility and open-mindedness because that is how we play here. You are welcome to your opinions but please don't be rude about them or try to shove them down people's throats.
nutella wrote:
LoRab wrote:
indiglo wrote:Hey, Drums, you triggered another secret event! A Spoiler Tag / Quote malfunction! Hooray!

I did that before. I found it quite disconcerting. Someone will be along to clean it up shortly, I imagine.
OK, sorry for a moment of nostalgia, but this totally made me remember a game from a thousand years ago where every five minutes, the host popped up with, "A secret event has been triggered." I think it was on The Piano, not LP--really early days. ZOMG Zombies, maybe? Or possibly Computer Lab? Or some other game from around that time that I just can't come up with. Does anyone remember? Because this is bothering me now.
I think it was dan's zombie game (which IIRC was the first game on the piano) but I'm not positive.

Speaking of nostalgia I have to say I giggled when Silver said LC's posts were "fluffy." XD
nutella wrote:linki @ OA, sorry I misremembered the thing about zebra. and fwiw I really think you're thinking of a different person but only zebra can confirm. Also, why do you think Lorab and I have btsc just because we posted near each other? We happened to be online around the same time?
nutella wrote:
LoRab wrote:@OA: I assure you, it is coincidence. My posts are based entirely on when I am able to get online and play.
This. I post when I am here and caught up. If Lorab and I are posting around the same time it's just because we happen to be online around the same time. Although such coordination would be a nice asset for BTSC, it does not in any way imply we have it. I have no BTSC, and at this point no opinion on Lorab's alignment.

linki: OA honestly I think it's strange that you've locked so hard onto this. Again, being online at the same time IN NO WAY implies BTSC. I feel like you're really digging for something to latch onto here.
nutella wrote:OA, I didn't mean you seemed to be latching onto me, I meant the topic of the thing you noticed with Lorab and me. I get that you don't necessarily think I'm bad for it, I just thought it was weird that you kept bringing it up multiple times after I had already said that it was coincidence. It's fair that you were responding to other people who asked for details, but it did feel like you brought it up many times and completely ignored the first time I responded to it.
nutella wrote:
I am neither cornered nor a baddie :shrug2: I'm afraid I'll get lynched for basically the same reasons I do in almost every game, it's really frustrating at this point but I don't know what to do since no matter how or what I post people seem to read it as suspicious.

linki @ SVS I have no memory of how I played in recruitment (I assume you're talking about the latest one) and I don't know what you mean by "anyone but me" but I swear I'm just innocent and clueless this game.

linki @ bea: I might still vote for zebra even though I feel less strongly about her, but I kind of think I'll be voting more out of self preservation at this point and she has some votes to compete with those on me anyway. I'd rather not vote LC but if it ends up being a choice between voting him and getting lynched myself I'll do it. I'll wait as close to the end as I can though (without missing it this time :blush: )
The most interesting stuff pertains to the observation first made by OA that LoRab and nutella had been appearing in the thread very near to each other despite both being relatively quiet compared to the games loudest players. I highlighted a portion in the third post from the bottom in which nutella denies this accusation and my immediate reaction is to doubt her. The whole "it'd be nice if that were true, but it isn't!" approach to answering the accusation rubs me the wrong way (and when I say that, it's distinctly accusatory and not an assertion that nutella is "annoying". :suspish:)

Not a great look for LoRab.
I realize the timing doesn't look good. I realize that LA's responses to that don't make it look good. I have to wonder if she did that on purpose, in order to stir the flames of folks looking at me to falsely lynch me after her, and give her actual teammates more time. LA is a smart woman--she knows how to answer accusations and questions--and she knows how to do so in order to set someone else up.
a2thezebra wrote:"I'm not bad. I don't have BTSC with Nutella. I don't know what else to say, because nothing else has been mentioned about why I'm suspish."

That's a frighteningly specific denial. LoRab will get my vote tomorrow.
It was in direct response to people speculating that I had BTSC with Nutella. That is literally the main point in most of the suspicion about me. In an earlier post, I had made a similar statement, and added that I didn't have BTSC with anyone else either. If someone is saying "you did XYZ" why wouldn't I respond directly to XYZ?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

@Zeebs - Why didn't you lash out at me for following Marmot's vote when I hadn't even sussed you previously?
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Because unless the accusation of XYZ was correct, you wouldn't need to.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Or should I say you wouldn't feel the need to.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt wrote:@Zeebs - Why didn't you lash out at me for following Marmot's vote when I hadn't even sussed you previously?
Because I don't care.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Regardless, I only asked you that question to see if you were around.

Real question - Do you believe Silverwolf has been "really liking" this game so far?
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

12-... hour... road trip.... blblblbkbnrbkrbkr

Better luck tomorrow.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Asking as much from Cally as using her night power on one or even several Nights, on a player we atleast know to be a Cylon, instead of focusing on finding and protecting a pivotal town role, is really starting to make my nose twitch.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt wrote: Real question - Do you believe Silverwolf has been "really liking" this game so far?
That's a weird question. No, I don't believe that.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

a2thezebra wrote:Because unless the accusation of XYZ was correct, you wouldn't need to.
a2thezebra wrote:Or should I say you wouldn't feel the need to.
I am of the school of answering posts about me. I may miss one now and then, but I try to answer every post about/directed towards me. I know not everyone comes from that mafia school of thought. So, the idea that I wouldn't feel the need to answer it if it wasn't correct doesn't grok.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Ricochet wrote:Asking as much from Cally as using her night power on one or even several Nights, on a player we atleast know to be a Cylon, instead of focusing on finding and protecting a pivotal town role, is really starting to make my nose twitch.
Cool.

@Zeebs...in that case, what do you make of the following quote from Silver...
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Ricochet wrote:Asking as much from Cally as using her night power on one or even several Nights, on a player we atleast know to be a Cylon, instead of focusing on finding and protecting a pivotal town role, is really starting to make my nose twitch.
I forgot the detail that she can't target twice ever.

Nevertheless, stop making a role's agenda, especiallyif it's not in the main priorityof that role. Enabling Galen to be protected.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

No ya know what? Not cool, Rico.

Please tell me what is wrong with trying to find out if the only known Cyclon thus far can actually be trusted?

This should be good.
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

sig wrote:Epi is green
Nutella was red.

Maybe we destroyed the red resurrection ship and not the green one?
Green teal, actually stands for Galactica.

Not opposed to the idea that we destroyed a RezShip that was close to wherever nutella was situated, though.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

It's not that you answered it, it's how you answered it. A direct denial. Not only does it mean nothing in terms of convincing anyone that you're telling the truth, when you directly deny a specific accusation as a single sentence it emphasizes that you really don't want to be seen as having that particular accusation be correct. What I mean is, it makes sense to say "I'm not scum" but saying "I wasn't assigned a mafia rolecard at the beginning of the game with a scum chat link and teammates A, B and C working together with me" raises questions about why you would want to deny something as specific as that.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ricochet wrote:
Nutella was red.

Not opposed to the idea that we destroyed a RezShip that was close to wherever nutella was situated, though.
Where are you situated?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt wrote: @Zeebs...in that case, what do you make of the following quote from Silver...
I don't believe it, but it's not alignment-indicative.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

And when I say raises questions I mean gets my vote.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:No ya know what? Not cool, Rico.

Please tell me what is wrong with trying to find out if the only known Cyclon thus far can actually be trusted?

This should be good.
Asking once is enough, you went into overdrive starting to ask for her to double-confirm shit on other Nights as well, in case the RezHub option is still a valid explanation for Epig not dying. Even if you didn't realize yourself that's impossible to ask of her role, it's still asking her to focus two-three of her Nights on one player. That's not town.

Asking a town role to focus on an non-human role instead of focusing on the bigger priority, which is enabling another town role to be protected, doesn't sound too much like a town mindset, does it? It sounds more like "I'mfraking obsessed with Epig", at the very least.
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

Matt: I don't presume to know SilverWolf's inner thoughts. She said she is, and I'm inclined to think she knows her own thoughts best, but she could have also been being sarcastic. Or she could really like how layered this game has become, or she could like it regardless of the frustrations you mentioned (I was super annoyed at one point but I still like the actual game set up. Golden did a great job.) But why are you asking any of us? If you want to know if she's enjoying the game or not you should talk to her instead of at her. And I don't really see how whether or not she likes the game is anything to do with her role. You really like non-play stuff, huh?
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Y'all are goofballs. I do believe Silverwolf has been liking the game for its structure and uniqueness even if she hasn't liked every single moment of her time in it.

Matt, what does this have to do with Silver's alignment?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Long Con wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Nutella was red.

Where are you situated?
In a restaurant, having dinner and posting with the tablet on my knees, right now.

Oh you meant in game... Infodumping isn't allowed.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Ricochet wrote:
Matt wrote:No ya know what? Not cool, Rico.

This should be good.
Asking once is enough, you went into overdrive starting to ask for her to double-confirm shit on other Nights as well, in case the RezHub option is still a valid explanation for Epig not dying. Even if you didn't realize yourself that's impossible to ask of her role, it's still asking her to focus two-three of her Nights on one player. That's not town.

Asking a town role to focus on an non-human role instead of focusing on the bigger priority, which is enabling another town role to be protected, doesn't sound too much like a town mindset, does it? It sounds more like "I'mfraking obsessed with Epig", at the very least.
Nothing wrong with being obsessed with Epig :pout:

For real, tho, I think finding out if he is who he says he is...is just as important as her other two priorities. Okay, no, protecting Galen is obvi number 1, but still.

And it's not like we'd even find out if she checks him, but I'd like to think if he's not dead by Night 5 or 6, then he's good to go.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Y'all are goofballs. I do believe Silverwolf has been liking the game for its structure and uniqueness even if she hasn't liked every single moment of her time in it.

Matt, what does this have to do with Silver's alignment?
For the most part, I've seen her engage in some pretty heated arguments, break down for a sec, reporting a player to the Mod, losing her dearest on Night 1...

These things don't make me think that she has been liking the game, like, at all.

And yet, unlike Zebra, I do believe Silverwolf has been enjoying the game, which makes me think her saying so was a slip of sorts.
Image Image Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

a2thezebra wrote:It's not that you answered it, it's how you answered it. A direct denial. Not only does it mean nothing in terms of convincing anyone that you're telling the truth, when you directly deny a specific accusation as a single sentence it emphasizes that you really don't want to be seen as having that particular accusation be correct. What I mean is, it makes sense to say "I'm not scum" but saying "I wasn't assigned a mafia rolecard at the beginning of the game with a scum chat link and teammates A, B and C working together with me" raises questions about why you would want to deny something as specific as that.
I don't really understand why denying BTSC with a specific person when the idea was raised that I might have BTSC with that specific person is suspish to you.

And what you say isn't analagous. A few people said, "I think LA and LoRab have BTSC," I denied that such was true. It wasn't that people said more general statements, to which a general denial would make sense. And the initial posts about it weren't even about us being bad--OA's original comment noted that we could have civ BTSC--so I was making a statement denying that such BTSC exists. It did not and does not.

I realize that you don't tend to respond to specific accusations unless direct questions are asked. That's fine. I find that what you do is suspicious, just like you find the other way around suspicious--but I've come to learn that it's just how you play. As for me, my own mafia school of thought is that I answer specific accusations as they are made. Not just with statements of, "I'm not bad," but also with direct responses to individual matters that are raised--especially when they are not true.

But you do you. If that makes me get your eyeball, I can't really do anything about that. I'm not going to change the way I play because of it.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Your conclusion is dependent upon two independent assumptions ("If I'm right..." and "I don't think..."), neither of which you can verify. Your second inference doesn't follow from the preceding assumption either, and I would argue you should consider it less likely, given that nutella's reaction was not celebratory in the slightest.
Every conclusion I've ever drawn in any Mafia game (or any thing in my life) has been dependent upon "if I'm right". You're right that I can't verify nutella's motivations and mindset, but attempting to guess at that is kind of the point. I'll also grant that the lack of any token "good job guys!" is a valid point in your favor. I don't really know how nutella typically reacts to baddie lynches when she is bad herself. Maybe I'll look into that a little later if anyone can tell me a game in which she was bad.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Cally spending each Night achieving potentially two major things is better than locking a Night achieving potentially one thing. The Athena is Boomer theories didn't give me the tone of Epig actually being contested as a seemer, so my feel is that Boomer is someone else and Cally is free to search for her.

I can understand Cally pleasing the crowd to check Epig, but I don't think it's prioritary.

Peace out, dinner over.

Return to “Previous Jobs”