No votes
Golden
33%

Total votes: 15
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night Two

Post by bea »

indiglo wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Suppose I got lynched and stayed dead, and I was...I don't know, Bill the super Civilian head of the janitors. Not necessarily vital or important in the scheme of things, but unquestionably civilian.

Does your opinion of my voters change? Why or why not?
Not on Day 1. Now... way down the line and well into the game - maybe so, but still depending on how "civ like" you played. (Which is totally subjective, and based on each person's opinion.)
This especially if we are talking about Athena. Down the road, I could see cylon's trying to set you up knowing that you are not one of them.

Day 1 is rough though. I need more than just voting from you. From them and you - ya know?
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

indiglo wrote:Good thing I didn't have to say "So say we all"!! :faint:

@ Vomps - if the majority is convinced that going outside our labeled grid is wise... it will be done. :noble:

@ SW - yes, bea is very nice. That's why I can never see her as bad/mafia/scum. She's a total blind spot for me. The rascal. :ninja:
The funny thing is you've BEEN bad with me. More than once. That time on LP it was skerry monsters and me, you and FH were a baddie team. that was good times! :p

But in this game - I swear on my kittahs - I am as I present myself. Alligned with ALL the civs. :noble:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

SokothQultuq wrote:Well that was a fun Who-flung-poo fest. This keeps getting better and better every time I read in. Lots of in fighting, and some valid and valuable points regarding some other characters. I'm starting to feel like Matt and JJJ might not be on the good side of things.

Someone made a valid point that stuck with me regarding his avoidance of the Rez Ship search. Why completely avoid the topic if your nervous about it being found?

Matt appears to be the rabble rouse who continues to distract people with in-fighting. It reminds me of two characters that were at odds in the show from a political standpoint. So I'm on the fence about bad or good honestly. But if any of that was based on character background personality it certainly was entertaining.. If not... Well then this just took a turn for the worse.

Fascinating indeed.
Which points are valid and valuable?

Why are you feeling like matt and JJJ are not good?

Which characters in the show do they remind you of?

Do you trust anyone yet? If so who and why?
Who do you least trust? Why?
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Silverwolf wrote:No LC-I was calling that civ v civ because I had a townread on both of them. I already said that earlier. I talk like that all the time in games when I townread people. And you seriously think Matt's opinion of me liking the game was thorough when all he did was clip out a tiny off hand comment out of a post and blow it up into something it wasn't? Man, I have to remember that the next time I come up with some complex case.

Damn, I call people town and suddenly it's because I know they are town and slipped. I just can't fucking win around here no matter what I do. It's a :clap: case of damned no matter what you say over the simplest things. I'd call you both scum for it except I don't really see scum taking this approach right now and I lean town on you both.

And sense of humor Silver would come out to play more often if she didn't keep getting killed so early in games all the time. :fist:
:hug: best advice I can give is just keep being you - damn how everyone else sees it. Cuz someone is ALWAYS going to think true you is bad for some dumb reason. And someone is always going to be fooled by BAD you playing up to your expectations. Keep your personal compus pointed North and you will never go wrong.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

@ indi - once the sorties and such are back to normal - and we figure out wtf is up with my time - I would like to volunteer again for one of the night ones. I feel super bad I effed it up this morning and want to make it right.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

bea wrote:best advice I can give is just keep being you - damn how everyone else sees it.
I know this was to Silvy, but I'm takin' it for meeself. :beer:

OA - If you have a problem with my gameplay and feel like no longer playing because of it, please take it to the Mod. Thanks. Also, I take issue with your choice of words, such as "attack". I have not been "attacking" people.

SW - Please give me examples of every quote that I "took out of context". Thanks.

Klingon noob - Are you bad?

bea again - Just so you know, I might suspect you at some point down the line, but if I do, know it's with love. :cloud9: Right now you seem alright.
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

Hi.

*reads*

Bye.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Matt you wouldn't be you if you didn't suspect me for some weird Matt reason at least once. Know that when I say to you things like you are falling down to Matt all its in the same way I did during dune and our bts. :cheers:

I did swear on my kittahs I'm on the up and up fwiw.

Lol rico.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Two

Post by Scotty »

sig wrote:all these last minute votes on nutella are worrying to me.

Though I really dislike Glorfs vote for LC. :sigh:
:grin:

Yo, sig. I'm voting for you tomorrow most likely. I don't like your place in what happened, nor your stances against Epi this game. I think you are bad.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

You found no resurrection ship at B6
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 197

Post by Glorfindel »

Happy birthday and many happy returns to Mrs Golden :)
So Say We All!

Sorry, Guys - I thought given the extended Night phase I naively thought there wouldn't be much action on the thread :shrug: Now it's the weekend I hope I can spend a little more time here with you all. If I may make an observation, it appears that generally speaking, I'm on thread at somewhat different times to most of you (undoubtedly the consequence of time zone differences). I'm figuring that I may actually be of some use in helping out with the Resurrection ship hunting thing in covering times that most of you struggle to. Should that be the case, and you need help filling a vacant and hard to fill spot, I might just be your man!

I read the events of this morning and the exchange between Matt and Silverwolf and as much as I've come to respect you Matt, if Silverwolf was indeed enjoying the game before, I find it hard to believe that she is now :(

More to come...
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

sig wrote:Matt remember when you thought Glorfindel was two face for saying twice and things like that?
Thanks for bringing that up again Sig... I still bear the emotional scars... :srsnod:

a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 382

Post by a2thezebra »

Ricochet wrote:Hi.

*reads*

Bye.
We need to lynch Ricochet tomorrow.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 310

Post by Silverwolf »

Matt wrote: SW - Please give me examples of every quote that I "took out of context". Thanks.
All of them. You're welcome. BTW-I'm not going to continue the argument of whether or not I am enjoying this game. If you want to vote me for it tomorrow, be my guest.
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 80

Post by Nerolunar »

New reads :mafia:

Town:

Indiglo
Matt
Polo

Scum:

DrWilgy - lingering suspicion from IAWY. He has been under the radar ever since replacing in and I would imagine a civ-aligned would instantly jump in and find their ground in a game.
Sig - Mostly a gut read. He seems to comment on a lot of things and asking people for reads, but he is reluctant to provide content himself. It pings me.
Glorfindel - his involvement with the Long Con wagon as Silver mentioned makes me believe that he is scum. He has been on the fence and kind of shifty this game, despite his very polite demeanor :shifty:

Im not sure on Long Con anymore. He was probably intended as a save for Nutella, so now I don´t know :shrug2: Back to null.

I have to vote very soon because I will be partying later (Yay) and Im on the fence. Does anyone want to collaborate with me on one of my scum reads? Im mostly in favor of lynching Wilgy if possible.
Im not sure on Long Con
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

EBWOP

I had already written that last sentence above and forgot to erase the remnants of the old one. Oh well.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Silverwolf wrote:Also, Glorfindel came in late and voted Long Con which should be noted as well as a possible save move for nutella.
Sure, Silver, you COULD certainly interpret my vote in that manner but you'd be wrong. A lynch vote can be used in more subtle ways than that. As I'd explained earlier in the last Day phase, I wasn't sufficiently convinced of the guilt of anyone at the end of the last Day phase but was feeling more comfortable with a number of players (again, you can look back for yourself and see that). My vote and its timing were dictated by a combination of factors including that and my limited availability towards the end of that phase.

Of the candidates that had attracted votes, I was most concerned about Zebs and wanted to hold off voting as long as I could in order to avoid the lynching of someone that I (rightly or wrongly) believe to be on our team. Once it became clear that she was no longer in danger, I sought to find somewhere to place my vote. I considered LC to be a valid choice for the following reasons:

1) He could potentially be a Cylon (he had the second highest number of votes after all although granted, that is in no way conclusive).

2) As I'd indicated earlier in the day, even if he WERE a Townie, his reckless attitude and lack of discipline (the sortie hijacking) and his stubborness (I think) make him a liability to our chances of success.

3) At the time I cast my vote, LC was sufficiently far behind Nutella that I considered it highly unlikely that my vote would affect the outcome of the vote.

4) And no, sad to say I didn't find Nutella worthy of my vote. I thought the case against her (wrongly) was circumstantial and that she had sufficiently explained away the case against her - but then the majority of players (69% at any rate) clearly agreed with me.

5) And lastly, I understood what Epi was trying to do in attempting to convince LC to see the light and I thought if nothing else, my vote may have at least helped achieve that. But no, LC was too stubborn and missed the opportunity - Refer reason 2.

So, you can interpret my motives any way you please but I've told you the truth, the rest is (as they say) up to you. I've never had the pleasure of playing with you before but I expect that no one here who has played with me would be surprised by anything that I said here...

Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

I gotta go. Im sorry about this, you guys can follow up on it or not, Im not going to pass up on a vote even if its sorta impulsive.

Vote DrWilgy
ImageImage

sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 287

Post by sig »

Nero we're still in the night phase. It's lasting 48 hours this time. :P
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 287

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Two

Post by sig »

Scotty wrote:
sig wrote:all these last minute votes on nutella are worrying to me.

Though I really dislike Glorfs vote for LC. :sigh:
:grin:

Yo, sig. I'm voting for you tomorrow most likely. I don't like your place in what happened, nor your stances against Epi this game. I think you are bad.
What do you mean by my place? Also what about my stance on Epi why don't you like it.
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Just a reminder I will be traveling today all day so not online.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

And I'm caught up once more! The conversations going on at night are just :omg: at times. I'll post more at lunchtime. I just spent two and a half hours catching up instead of doing my work. I'll be crunching numbers up to my scheduled sortie. I'll have to pull up the latest grid to see what my options are.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

It looks like my travel day may change to tomorrow.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Vompatti »

Rico is a confirmed civilian.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

(Vomp, make sure you aren't info dumping. We are allowed to hint at or fight for the things we learn, but we aren't allowed to actually come out and say them. )
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

also Vomp I clicked on the link in your signature and promptly read about a urinating dentist. :workit: learn something new every day!
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Anything thing Vomp says should be taken with a big grain of salt unless it shouldn't be.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Are people interested in discussing the grid or should I just wing it this time?
My Banners:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 425
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Wing that mutha!

I feel like something Rico said pinged me. Gotta go see.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Oh yeah, it's this:
Ricochet wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
sig wrote:Epi is green
Nutella was red.

Maybe we destroyed the red resurrection ship and not the green one?
Green teal, actually stands for Galactica.

Not opposed to the idea that we destroyed a RezShip that was close to wherever nutella was situated, though.
Where are you situated?
In a restaurant, having dinner and posting with the tablet on my knees, right now.

Oh you meant in game... Infodumping isn't allowed.
I wasn't asking whether you are teal or fuschia or whatever. I was asking where you are on the grid map!
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

I want to push Long Con down a gravity well.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

ObscureAllure wrote:(Vomp, make sure you aren't info dumping. We are allowed to hint at or fight for the things we learn, but we aren't allowed to actually come out and say them. )
Oops! :eek:

I suppose if something unexpected were to happen to me now, it might or might not prove that my info was correct.
ObscureAllure wrote:also Vomp I clicked on the link in your signature and promptly read about a urinating dentist. :workit: learn something new every day!
:beer:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Silverwolf wrote:
Matt wrote: SW - Please give me examples of every quote that I "took out of context". Thanks.
All of them. You're welcome. BTW-I'm not going to continue the argument of whether or not I am enjoying this game. If you want to vote me for it tomorrow, be my guest.
I just wanted to know how I took your quotes out of context. You couldn't provide any examples.

Ergo, your statement of "Matt took all my quotes out of context" is false and you should be lynched immediately.

Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

3J, SVS - As the two biggest objectors to my original theory on SW...

What do you make of her claiming that I took her quotes out of context, and when asked to provide specific examples, she couldn't?
Image Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:I want to push Long Con down a gravity well.
:nicenod: You'll need to.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I agree with Long Con G-Man, just wing it. With one ship taking up one cell it doesn't seem like working on a pattern would make any difference.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

As a list-making nerd, I couldn't help myself. Here's a list of players based on their color location in the OP:
On Board Battlestar Galactica

HUMANS:
Admiral William Adama
Kara ‘Starbuck’ Thrace
Lee 'Apollo' Adama
Saul Tigh
Galen Tyrol
Karl ‘Helo’ Agathon
Felix Gaeta
Anastasia 'Dee' Dualla
Cally Henderson
Sam Anders
Lou ‘Kat’ Katraine
Brendon ‘Hot Dog’ Costanza
Doc Cottle

TOASTERS:
John Cavil (number one)
Aaron Doral (number five)
Sharon ‘Boomer’ Valerii (number eight)
Sharon ‘Athena’ Agathon (number eight)
Not On Board

HUMANS:
President Laura Roslin
Gaius Baltar
Billy Keikeya
Tom Zarek
Ellen Tigh
Tory Foster
Romo Lampkin

TOASTERS:
Leoben Conoy (number two)
D’Anna Biers (number three)
Simon O’Neill (number four)
Caprica Six (number six)
?
[secret role] Might be human. Might be cylon. Might be stationed on Galactica. Might not. Who really knows.
Is there anything we can derive from looking at the role list this way? Lore people- can you tell us about any factions or interplay between these two groups that Golden the Coward ;) might have brought over into the game?
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

And what's the deal with the absence of number seven? That still bugs me in an obsessive compulsive kind of way.
My Banners:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

G-Man wrote:And what's the deal with the absence of number seven? That still bugs me in an obsessive compulsive kind of way.
Read about Daniel, Cylon #7. Sad tale.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Alright let's check out sector...

My Banners:
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

G-Man wrote:And what's the deal with the absence of number seven? That still bugs me in an obsessive compulsive kind of way.
Number One, Cavil, "boxed" number 7 at some point before the series started. Being "boxed" is the closest thing a Cylon can get to death without actually dying...they are basically "turned off".

Linki - Ninja'd :ninja:
Image Image Image Image
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

And there are two number 8s. :omg:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

ObscureAllure wrote:And there are two number 8s. :omg:
Athena is actually Cylon , but she does it sideways to be super-legit.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Matt wrote:
Number One, Cavil, "boxed" number 7 at some point before the series started. Being "boxed" is the closest thing a Cylon can get to death without actually dying...they are basically "turned off".

Linki - Ninja'd :ninja:
Ah. So this Cavil guy is pretty cutthroat on the show I take it?

That would take time to get used to if I ever watch the series because I'm used to the actor as the hologram guy from Quantum Leap. Kind of like how the nerdy dad from Malcolm in the Middle became the evil dude on Breaking Bad.
My Banners:
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Oh yes, AL!!! Haha, no worries, Cavil has some pretty good one liners as well, so they're not all that different (except for the, y'know, whole killing humans thing).

And yes, Cavil is very cutthroat. I feel about Cavil how ika and Long Con (and others) feel about all Cylons. He must die!!!
Image Image Image Image
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 310

Post by Silverwolf »

Matt wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
I just wanted to know how I took your quotes out of context. You couldn't provide any examples.

Ergo, your statement of "Matt took all my quotes out of context" is false and you should be lynched immediately.

Learn the difference between couldn't and wouldn't. But congrats, your insistence I'm not really enjoying this game is now true. But you didn't manage that alone Matt. Apparently not everyone appreciates my sense of humor around here.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

An afternoon of work awaits me. I've been staring at my spreadsheet for a while, trying to determine shifty looking votes. I hope to share a few things before heading home. I'm trying not to get too wrapped up in it just yet, as three days of vote data is my gold standard. As long as I don't die tonight or get lynched tomorrow, you can bank on some technicolor vote analysis come Night 3.
My Banners:
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Silverwolf wrote:Learn the difference between couldn't and wouldn't. But congrats, your insistence I'm not really enjoying this game is now true. But you didn't manage that alone Matt. Apparently not everyone appreciates my sense of humor around here.
Ugh...

Take it to the damn MoD, people, that's what Dom is there for.

For serious.

Also, I'm thinking Wolf is a civvie now, because I think it's beyond suck for a baddie player to use guilt manip in a game.

Silver is now my second town read after Epi.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Hrm. Sorry, I posted that and then immediately wanted to take it down, but can't cuz Mafia rules.

I think I need to follow Daisy and take a day off or somethin'...

Good luck tonight town!
Image Image Image Image
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

The best way to stay safe during the night is to go for a long walk. Statistically most murders and accidents happen at home to people without a home insurance.

Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”