The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Three

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FOUND IT. LONG CON CONFIRMED TOWN.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Things a2thezebra said to/about nutella not previously addressed:
a2thezebra wrote:
nutella wrote:Oh, I misremembered, only OA talked about zebra, zebra never responded. I was thinking of Zebra's odd vote for BR -- I don't think she ever acknowledged that BR had in fact posted before then, and she never conceded to others' (including myself) claims that BR tends to be quiet at first.

Looking at her ISO, I do in fact get an odd vibe from zebra, right from the start with her gung-ho "hey matt let's chat" and general eager, almost flippant tone. She participates in the "could some cylons be good"/win condition debate and I actually agree with everything she said on that topic, but otherwise I don't feel great about her. She also said "don't lynch me because I'm town" verbatim two separate times, unprompted, here and here. Does she usually do that? It feels off to me.
nutella wrote: If anyone's ignoring suspicions against her it's Zebra. I made a post about her last night and she hasn't acknowledged it, and she continues to post in her odd, spontaneous, minimalist manner, barely responding to anything. I found it strange just now how she said she would vote for BR, was told that BR had responded, asked/said she would look for the response and reassess, and then spontaneously voted for Ricochet before even seeing BR's responses. She didn't give a reason for her sudden vote on Ricochet and when asked she said he was "trying too hard" and explained that a bit more, but her vote post just felt so out of the blue.

I will most likely be voting for Zebra today. I would like to see her respond to this and my earlier post about her.
I don't know if this is what I'm supposed to be obligated to respond to or not since you haven't asked me any questions or anything. Um...I disagree? You haven't mentioned anything about my behavior this game with either of these posts that I feel is alignment-indicative for any player, so I don't have anything to deny or clarify. I find it a little suspicious that your focus is on me for elements that are consistent with my play style regardless of alignment.
a2thezebra wrote:
nutella wrote:OK, probably some of it is your usual style and I'm unfamiliar with it (I've played with you a couple times but I don't really remember how you played) but I, as well as a few other people, have pointed out that your posts this game have felt kind of... detached? and kind of give off a vibe of ultra-confidence and carelessness. I'd really like to see you participate more in interactive discussion, and explain your stances a little more. I guess the closest I came to asking you a question is about your quick vote on Rico after saying you'd vote for BR, and quite a few other people thought that was weird too. Can you explain that a bit more?
There is no greater indication that I am civ than the underlined portion.

My Rico vote is simple. I have been gut-reading him as bad for some time now and since the BR suspicion had gotten stale I bumped up the Rico one to first place.
a2thezebra wrote:
S~V~S wrote: Linki, but I have known her for a looong time Zebra. I know I tend to think that she is bad, but that looks like grasping at straws Nutella to me.
But since I haven't known her for a looong time, is she more likely to be grasping at straws as good or bad?
a2thezebra wrote:
nutella wrote: As Rico said though, I don't think you had mentioned any suspicion of him at all until you voted for him -- it felt very out of the blue. And if you had a gut feeling that you hadn't mentioned at all in-thread before, why didn't you at least say that when you voted, instead of not giving any explanation until someone asked?
Maybe I wanted to know who would ask first, or how they would ask me, or just who in general would react and why. Maybe I didn't feel it was necessary to say why until someone asked me. Maybe I felt that a primarily gut-based vote didn't need an extensive record of past mentions and previous in-thread statements of suspicion. Maybe I like to be very out of the blue to see if anyone tries to make an opportunity out of it. Maybe it was a spontaneous decision due to a lack of concrete reads and Rico being the only one that I had suspected based on his posts and not lack thereof, unlike my vote the previous day. Speaking of...
nutella wrote:And I'm still kind of perplexed at your deciding "the BR suspicion had gotten stale" when you had just said you would probably vote for her, and then when JJJ showed you BR's posts you still expressed suspicion of her. The whole thing is just kinda fishy. :shrug2:
I still expressed suspicion of her because I still (present tense here) suspect her, but I rarely vote for lurkers and only did so yesterday because I felt that I had nothing to go on. Here I think I've got something better so I'm going with that.
There was clear antagonism in this interaction throughout nutella's lifespan. The accusations tended to come from nutella though, and Zebra's content is more about self-defense than returning fire. In that regard it doesn't quite look like a lot of distancing tends to (two-way suspicion). The most suspicious moment for Zebra remains when nutella voted for Long Con for self-preservation instead of Zebra when both of them were viable counterwagons. It could be said though that the thread climate against Long Con was more negative even if the tally wasn't terribly distant and she just chose the more likely lynch opportunity.

Zebra's Day 2 vote went to Ricochet.

~~~

Things bea said to/about nutella:
bea wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:If votes were changeable, I'd policy vote nutella for attacking ika the way she is. It pisses me off.
it shouldn't - she isn't attacking ika. she's asking for clarification. Her word choice might not be what you or he wan't, but she totes isn't attacking - she's asking for clarification.
bea wrote:LA - I can see where peeps are worried about her. She really is a little nubby when civ and an expert at faking the nub when she's bad. I know she was super busy graduating and stuff. I can see why some people would say her comments on ika were adding fuel to the fire of a bad situation. I need to see more from her to make up my mind.
bea wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I already voted, bea.
nutella wrote:
LoRab wrote:LA's latest posts are not feeling so good to me. She is starting to feel cornered baddie.
I am neither cornered nor a baddie :shrug2: I'm afraid I'll get lynched for basically the same reasons I do in almost every game, it's really frustrating at this point but I don't know what to do since no matter how or what I post people seem to read it as suspicious.

linki @ SVS I have no memory of how I played in recruitment (I assume you're talking about the latest one) and I don't know what you mean by "anyone but me" but I swear I'm just innocent and clueless this game.

linki @ bea: I might still vote for zebra even though I feel less strongly about her, but I kind of think I'll be voting more out of self preservation at this point and she has some votes to compete with those on me anyway. I'd rather not vote LC but if it ends up being a choice between voting him and getting lynched myself I'll do it. I'll wait as close to the end as I can though (without missing it this time :blush: )
Yes, the most recent recruitment where you were bad.
this has strong pull cuz I know it's truth.

i still have 2 hours though.
bea wrote:taking a leap of faith here.

lorab

If I'm wrong please tell me why.
bea wrote:
nutella wrote:Now that my vote is even more meaningless I feel worse about it :p My symbolic vote would be on Zebra.
why? If you are dead girl walking...lay it all out on the line...
The progression here is rather erratic. bea's first involvement in the discussion of nutella was of a defensive nature when Silverwolf when voicing suspicion/aggression against nutella. The second post was a part of a larger reads list bea provided (to those who aren't sure, "LA" = "nutella"). It's a bit of a waffle. The highlighted portion is of interest to me because I don't know why bea felt the need to say it. The assertion that nutella is more proficient in a baddie role and the task of obscuring herself would seem counter to the increasingly popular proposition that nutella was suspicious (i.e. - if she's great at looking the part then why didn't she look the part then?). I mean no offense at all to nutella of course, I merely suspect that this might have been an attempt by bea to stave off some of the anti-nutella climate without having to clearly defend her.

I highlighted the LoRab vote because of its timing -- it came close to the end of Day 2 when nutella was shaping up to be the lynch. bea had made the prior post to S~V~S which would seem to indicate that she was warming to the idea of a nutella lynch, but she elected to vote for LoRab instead. This is meaningful because LoRab was not likely at all to be lynched, meaning that this vote by default could serve as a protection of nutella (and anyone else among the lead wagons). It's also noteworthy that the case against LoRab was largely dependent upon the case against nutella -- they were seen as potential team mates. With this is mind it's difficult for me to understand why bea would vote for LoRab first while nutella is still alive and potentially in line to be lynched.

I would say bea is a suspect.

~~~

Things Black Rock said to/about nutella:
Black Rock wrote:
LoRab wrote:LA's latest posts are not feeling so good to me. She is starting to feel cornered baddie.

Interesting LoRab. I see you jumped a vote on LC and have stuck around to throw out this opinion. Is this to cover your ass if LA flips something bad or murdering like? (I'm sorry, I'm not getting the whole concept yet)

Just something to watch. Just know I am. :eye:
Black Rock wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Matt wrote:Epi and Black Rock, follow Marmot!
No,vote Nutella :srsnod:
Well for my LoRab suspicion to work it would mean Nutella was her partner in murdering.
Black Rock wrote:
bea wrote:BR - I don't think epi is bad eiher -where is your vote leaning?
Likely Nutella at this point but I really would like to vote for LoRab.
Black Rock wrote:Well, it was you that twitched my whiskers. but your statement that did that would only be an issue if you and LA were baddie partners.

My new theory (in my head) is that the Cylon/Human relationship is not so black and white and there will be murderers from both sides. Which means the Mafia team is made up of both. I just don't know which roles.

You already know that I like to watch you. Can you see why that post is suspicious sounding?
Black Rock wrote:So I voted for Nutella.

Vote: Nutella

Two reasons: I really think LC is on the good side. I would like to see more distance between votes for him and Nutella

Also, if Nutella flips some sort of baddie/Mafia/Bad Cylon/Murderer. I am so going after LoRab with all I got.

Linkitis:

LET ME POST GUYS!!!
Black Rock was the originator of the idea that if nutella flips as a baddie, then LoRab is a team mate candidate. From there her content is quite consistent with this -- she actually spends more time talking with LoRab than nutella to hash out that theory, and at one point said she wanted to vote in that direction. This is somewhat similar to bea's interactions with nutella, except that there's no waffling and Black Rock's Day 2 vote went to nutella. I think this looks like a logical progression and should be a solid reflection on Black Rock.

~~~

Things DFaraday said about nutella:
DFaraday wrote:So say we all?

LC isn't reading bad to me, but I'm not really seeing the case on Nutella either (I agree with her that she gets lynched based on tone too often). Zebra's Rico vote didn't sit right with me, so I will vote a2thezebra

Linki: I was writing my post, Polo. :p
Are you surprised to see anything at all? I am! He mentioned nutella once, towards the end of Day 2. He wasn't impressed by the case on nutella and instead elected to join the counterwagon on Zebra. This isn't the greatest look for DFaraday merely because there's no content preceding it to justify his decision. We are forced to completely guess at his motives because he hasn't given us a fair opportunity to make a conclusive read on him.

Mildly suspicious.

~~~

Things DrumBeats said to/about nutella:
DrumBeats wrote:
nutella wrote:wait but is it actually a cipher? as in the letters are all changed on top of us not knowing any of them?? seems like that would be too mean :p
Minor townread here on nutella for pointing out that it could be a cipher first.
DrumBeats wrote:
ika wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:And who the hell said there were 12 Cylons in this game? Where does it say that?
drumbeats, theres 8 to start with, plus final 5 i think that could be a possible slip?
Reread Epig's death/revive post. There's an image that says there are 12 cylon models.

Also Nutella, do you belive that all vylons are scum, or do you think some cylons could be town?
DrumBeats wrote:Golden deleted this quote and replaced it with a link to the quoted post

I agree with a lot of this. It should also be noted that nutella sent in an "N" when we were first playing hangman, before we knew it was a cipher. N is not a frequently occurring letter at all and could be an attempt to sabotage the event from the beginning.
DrumBeats wrote:
nutella wrote:Drumbeats idk what happened with your post but are you trying to say that N is not a frequently occurring letter?? because it very much is a very frequently occurring letter. trust me I am a Scrabble nerd :p Unfortunately it wasn't frequently occurring in the cipher, but there's no way I could have known that. At least I pointed out that it was indeed a cipher -- a fact that many people ignored even when that's what Golden called it. :p
Oh wow, I just looked up hangman stuff and you're right about that. Damn for some reason N just seemed like its not in many words but it's actually up there. My bad.
DrumBeats wrote:Nutella

The more I read from LC and BR, I don't think LC is the way to go anymore.
DrumBeats joined the anti-nutella thread climate after I presented my case, after having made a minor town read on her earlier in the game for her part in the pre-game puzzle. The exchange they had about the letter "N" is giving me some problems. On one hand, I don't think most team mates throw an accusation like that at each other (something as minor as what letter they chose to use in solving a cypher). On the other hand, I would have expected nutella to attack that accusation harder as a baddie if DrumBeats is town, because baddies often can't stand being accused for "bad" reasons. That nutella was so chummy about it is a little troubling.

On the other hand we can at least give DrumBeats credit for his vote.

~~~

That's all I have time for right now.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 425
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:FOUND IT. LONG CON CONFIRMED TOWN.
:noble: That's how you do it, sig! :srsnod:
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

I won a accompaniment prize today. And I did that despite finding it best to peel some skin off my thumb this morning with the shaver blade. That is all. /OT]
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

frakin mobile
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

:shrug:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 425
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Ricochet wrote:Well your question was very vague, because you asked me where I'm situated, in reply to a quote where 1) I clarified to [don't recall who] what green meant in the roles and I've 2) agreed that nutella not rezzing was likely to her location having been near the B2 destroyed RezShip. Never implied what her location could mean or be.

I could still be situated anywhere, Galactica or otherwise, regardless what you asked or didn't. :shrug2:
I don't have a grid location. I am a human.

You are believing, almost to the point of accepted fact, that a Cylon player has a location of their own on the grid map. When I asked you your location, you were cagey about it and said you didn't want to infodrop. That heavily implies that you have something to infodrop, ergo, you are a Cylon with a grid location of your own.

I am going to vote for you now.

Vote Ricochet
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Long Con wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Well your question was very vague, because you asked me where I'm situated, in reply to a quote where 1) I clarified to [don't recall who] what green meant in the roles and I've 2) agreed that nutella not rezzing was likely to her location having been near the B2 destroyed RezShip. Never implied what her location could mean or be.

I could still be situated anywhere, Galactica or otherwise, regardless what you asked or didn't. :shrug2:
I don't have a grid location. I am a human.

You are believing, almost to the point of accepted fact, that a Cylon player has a location of their own on the grid map. When I asked you your location, you were cagey about it and said you didn't want to infodrop. That heavily implies that you have something to infodrop, ergo, you are a Cylon with a grid location of your own.

I am going to vote for you now.

Vote Ricochet
You have seriously done some wild serious misreading into this. Someone else brought up the idea that nutella didn't ressurect because the RezShip she was nearest to might have blown up. I inclined to agree with this. And then you picked on me because...?

I believe all roles have a location, because it's in the fraking guidebook. Simon (nutella) was obviously not on Galactica, if we trust the guidebook. Whatever place she was in, it could have been placed near the destroyed RezShip. Simple inference.

You keep asking people to tell their win con or other info, stating before that it's not wrong to ask even if nobody can answer you, and now you give me flak for something close to this.

I am not cagey about anything because I have nothing to offer you and even if I would, I would not be allowed to. Literally zero pressure to have to answer you anything in this matter.

Also, thanks for voting me with a day left in the phase and giving me the fraking courtesy to rebuttal when I'm out of town with business and afk 22 hours out of 24.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

OA appears to be cursed.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I was gonna try to spend at least another 30 minutes on tablet in the dark (hotel roommate is sleeping) to read some interactions on nutella, but now I lost all mood for that. Good night.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

@Goldama - ...I'm already regretting this. :p :p

Oh, and let's nuke Cavil soon if we can, that'd be swell.
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

B5 I think.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Vompatti »

I think we can all agree that this just confirms what we already knew.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Vompatti wrote:I think we can all agree that this just confirms what we already knew.
You're a strange feller.
Image Image Image Image
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Matt wrote:
Vompatti wrote:I think we can all agree that this just confirms what we already knew.
You're a strange feller.
I can neither confirm nor deny that.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

What does this mean? :evileye:
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Anyway, off to work.

Peace
Image Image Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I tried to update this - can someone check over it and make sure it is right? Everything that was there is still there - I just turned scotty and his hit red, colored B5, changed the time to :10 to match when Epi posted, and maybe something else i've forgotten. It looks right to the best of my ability but please double check.

[quote="Metalmarsh89"]>May 8, 11:47 pm EST - ika, A1
>May 9, 5:47 5:49 am EST - ika, A3
>May 9, 11:49 am EST - indiglo, A5 LC, D5
>May 9, 5:49 pm EST - Silverwolf, A5
>May 9, 11:49 pm EST - Marmot, E3
>May 10, 5:49 am EST - SVS, B2 - SUCCESS
>May 10, 11:49 am EST - juliets, C3
>May 10, 5:49 pm EST - SW, F4
>May 10, 11:49 pm EST - indiglo, F5
>May 11, 5:49 am EST - Rico, E5
>May 11, 11:49 am EST - G-Man, E1
>May 11, 5:49 pm EST - juliets, B3
>May 11, 11:49 pm 12:12am EST - Scotty, D6
---Switching to 12 hour intervals---
>May 12 - 12:12 am EST - Scotty - D6
>May 12 - 12:12 pm 12:34 pm EST - Bea indiglo - B6
>May 13 - 12:34 am EST - Marmot - F2 - SUCCESS
>May 13 - 12:34 pm EST - G-Man - A6 -SUCCESS
---Switching to 6 hour intervals---
>May 14 - 12:04 am EST - Scotty - C5
May 14 - 6:04 sm 12:00 pm EST - Marmot - C1

May 14 - 6:00 6:10 pm EST - Epignosis - B5
May 15 - 12:00 12:10 am EST - Marmot
May 15 - 6:10 am EST -
May 15 - 12:10 pm EST -
May 15 - 6:10 pm EST -

A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 A6
B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 B6
C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 C6
D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 D6
E1 E2 E3 E4 E5 E6
F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

juliets wrote:I tried to update this - can someone check over it and make sure it is right? Everything that was there is still there - I just turned scotty and his hit red, colored B5, changed the time to :10 to match when Epi posted, and maybe something else i've forgotten. It looks right to the best of my ability but please double check.
Oopws forgot to add SUCCESS to scotty's - it is corrected now.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:>May 8, 11:47 pm EST - ika, A1
>May 12 - 12:12 am EST - Scotty - D6
>May 13 - 12:34 pm EST - G-Man - A6 -SUCCESS
>May 14 - 12:04 am EST - Scotty - C5- SUCCESS[/color]
May 14 - 6:04 sm 12:00 pm EST - Marmot - C1

May 14 - 6:00 6:10 pm EST - Epignosis - B5

A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 A6
B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 B6
C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 C6
D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 D6
E1 E2 E3 E4 E5 E6
F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Well hell, now I feel like a dingus. I only picked B5 because I saw it was the only white splotch left in the fifth column in the last chart.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I still screwed up the dAMN matrix. B4 is colored but B5 is not, and B4 is colored red. give me a minute to make this correction. This is frustrating and I'm sorry.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Matt wrote:
What does this mean? :evileye:
Obviously it means that Rico is a civ and LC is a cylon, but since LC is protected by the law we should surprise the mafia by randomizing our votes tonight. If everyone agrees that we should randomize, we can later figure out who the mafia is by figuring out who didn't randomize.

Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Got it juliets.

>May 8, 11:47 pm EST - ika, A1
>May 13 - 12:34 pm EST - G-Man - A6 - SUCCESS
>May 14 - 12:04 am EST - Scotty - C5 - SUCCESS
May 14 - 6:04 am 12:00 pm EST - Marmot - C1
May 14 - 6:00 6:10 pm EST - Epigdingus - B5

A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 A6
B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 B6
C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 C6
D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 D6
E1 E2 E3 E4 E5 E6
F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Geez MM I was having a hell of a time trying to fix that. Thank you for doing that.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

juliets wrote:Geez MM I was having a hell of a time trying to fix that. Thank you for doing that.
No problem!

We do need volunteers for later sorties, as it doesn't appear we've taken out all the rezz ships.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll do 6:10 AM.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 11

Post by DFaraday »

So say we all?
juliets wrote:I'm interested to hear anything DFaraday has to say. It's past time for him to have joined in the discussion. Who do you suspect at this time DF?
Looking at the voting patterns, I'd guess there was a save attempt for Nutella, focused on LC. So Nero and LoRab are on my radar. Theoretically Glorfindel, but he voted so late that it didn't make a difference where he voted.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Thanks DF for answering my question. I need to look more at that LC voting myself.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'll do 6:10 AM.
Kill it!

How go those ISO's?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Kill it!

How go those ISO's?
I'm currently gazing deep into G-Man's soul.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 95

Post by SokothQultuq »

Spacedaisy wrote:Didn't the flip say Epi was Athena?

Your right, I had to go back and look. I see that someone else did too. Thank you for pointing that out. So my thoughts on Epi still stand, I don't believe they should be spaced because they are a Cylon.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Kill it!

How go those ISO's?
Strip the soul
Fill the hole

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

SokothQultuq wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Didn't the flip say Epi was Athena?

Your right, I had to go back and look. I see that someone else did too. Thank you for pointing that out. So my thoughts on Epi still stand, I don't believe they should be spaced because they are a Cylon.
"spaced?"
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Kill it!

How go those ISO's?
Strip the soul
Fill the hole

:guitar:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Inawordyes / DrWilgy said nothing to/about nutella. He voted for Epignosis on Day 2.

~~~

Epignosis said nothing to/about nutella that I can find. I don't see a Day 2 vote for anyone either.

~~~

Things Glorfindel said to/about nutella:
Glorfindel wrote:I can't say I have any strong feelings against most of the other players that have come under consideration today (e.g. Nutella, ObscureAllure, etc.).
This came at the end of a larger post in which Glorfindel stated a number of other reads. It's an offhand and entirely neutral comment about nutella, and it was the only mention of her in his posts. It's not a wonderful look, but it's very little. I'm inclined to read more into this interaction from nutella's posts.

His Day 2 vote went to Long Con.

~~~

Things G-Man said to/about nutella:
G-Man wrote:
nutella wrote:
LoRab wrote:
indiglo wrote:Hey, Drums, you triggered another secret event! A Spoiler Tag / Quote malfunction! Hooray!

I did that before. I found it quite disconcerting. Someone will be along to clean it up shortly, I imagine.
OK, sorry for a moment of nostalgia, but this totally made me remember a game from a thousand years ago where every five minutes, the host popped up with, "A secret event has been triggered." I think it was on The Piano, not LP--really early days. ZOMG Zombies, maybe? Or possibly Computer Lab? Or some other game from around that time that I just can't come up with. Does anyone remember? Because this is bothering me now.
I think it was dan's zombie game (which IIRC was the first game on the piano) but I'm not positive.

Speaking of nostalgia I have to say I giggled when Silver said LC's posts were "fluffy." XD
No, Zombies was the third game:

That was my first game on The Piano but you guys had played two before that. Maybe Lost and Buffy? Or was At the Hellmouth an LP game? I played ZOMG Zombies and I don't recall it having secret events. I did not play Computer Lab. I was thinking maybe Matrix Mafia or, if SD is correct about it being a Scocub game, perhaps Mafia 2099- that was a futuristic sci-fi based game with a lot of weird stuff in it.

Am I a dork for having saved that banner link for all these years?
G-Man wrote:After reviewing my notes, here is what I think of everyone:

POSSIBLY MAFIA
Black Rock
Glorfindel
Long Con
LoRab
Metalmarsh89
Nutella
Spacedaisy

NEUTRAL READ
a2thezebra
bea
JaggedJimmyJay
juliets
Matt
Nerolunar
Polo
Ricochet
sig

POSSIBLY CIVVIE
DrumBeats
Epignosis
Indiglo
ObscureAllure
S~V~S
Silverwolf

NO READ YET
DFaraday
inawordyes
Scotty
SokothQultuq
Vompatti

Let me know if you want any specifics on a particular player and I'll look through my notes on them again and post some details. At this point, I think I'm inclined most toward voting for Nutella because she's giving off the most Lazy Rotten Debra vibes.

Linki: Nice find Scotty. Hopefully the Hub isn't involved because it's bad enough that it might take three game days and nights to clear the grid and make the Toasters killable. To have an extra ship jumping around would make it almost impossible for the humans/civvies/whateveryouthinkthegoodguysshouldbecalled to win.
G-Man wrote:
G-Man wrote:POSSIBLY MAFIA
Black Rock
Glorfindel
Long Con
LoRab
Metalmarsh89
Nutella
Spacedaisy
Additional details are needed, I think, regarding my list. That list, if you'll note, is in alphabetical order. Black Rock and LoRab are on my sus list largely because they are two players that I almost always suspect by default. They've both been on the quietish side but if I had to rank my sus list (most sus to least sus) it would look like this:

1. Nutella
2. Metalmarsh89
3. Long Con
4. Glorfindel
5. Spacedaisy
6. Black Rock
6. LoRab

I'm trying to give people the benefit of the doubt due to the game starting over Mother's Day weekend. That benefit of the doubt expires come Day 3. I'll be looking for Lazy Rotten Debras come Day 3.
G-Man wrote:Alright, it's the end of the workday and I've got evening plans. I hope to check in later on tonight but there's another hockey game on tonight (and it's a Game 7). I am going with Nutella. A sliver of me wants to give her another day to prove herself but I'm out of time for the day and I just can't shake that Lazy Rotten Deborah vibe. I think Metalmarsh and Long Con could also be viable candidates today but I understand that MM is little more than a curiosity to a number of folks right now.

VOTE = NUTELLA
G-Man was one of nutella's more vocal opponents on Day 2. On two occasions he listed numerous suspects, and each time he favored her for a vote (either by literally saying so or by placing her as public enemy #1). His vote matches that behavior. Nice looks for G-Man.

~~~

Things juliets said to/about nutella:
juliets wrote:yeah polo i've been trying to fit every word i could think of that had to do with finding the tracker. No go. Could he really be writing backwards as nutella suggested?
juliets wrote:
S~V~S wrote:When Epi was then lynched & revealed, in retrospect, I thought that maybe he WANTED to be lynched becasue he knew he would come back & be revealed a friendly Cylon :shrug:
As of this point in time I believe Epi to be a town friendly cylon. I'm having difficulty with suspicions though. Nobody is standing out. I'm going to read nutella to see if I can buy JJJ's case. Besides JJJ with nutella has anyone else got a strong feeling about anyone? (OA I saw your suspicion of LC and someone else - I'm going into your posts to refresh myself on the "why" of your suspicions.)
juliets wrote:I want to hear what nutella has to say about JJJ's and others points before I make up my mind.
juliets wrote:After reading all the opinions about LC I have come to believe he is good, whatever that means in this game. Now I have to decide about nutella. I feel sure as I've said before that Epi is good so that leaves me kind of suspicious of sig who seems certain Epi is bad and not willing to consider the info from the show lore.
juliets wrote:I'd like to give nutella the botd for one more day but she ends up at the top of the list to get my vote today. I also considered LC (no longer considering), Marmot (decided his antics did not necessarily mean he was bad), DFaraday (decided to give him another day to join in) and sig (his latest posts convinced me not to vote him) but rejected them for different reasons.

Vote: nutella
juliets repeatedly acknowledged my case against nutella, but did not take a stance either way. On two occasions she said she wanted to hear nutella's rebuttals first before making her decision, which is fair enough. However, it must be noted that after nutella gave her replies (multiple substantive replies), juliets never said anything further about it. I cannot know how juliets felt about nutella in light of those replies, and in the second last post spoilered here (highlighted portion), it's clear that juliets herself wasn't ready to take a stance.

In the last post the stance comes, but without a stated reason. She placed her vote for nutella.

I think there's legitimate bus potential in this interaction. I suspect juliets more than I did before.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Epignosis said nothing to/about nutella that I can find. I don't see a Day 2 vote for anyone either.
Nope. I fell asleep in my chair because this week was atrocious. :sigh:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Things Long Con said to/about nutella:
Long Con wrote:Sweet. Epi, I don't think I would be able to get a voting majority on you today, but I will watch you die, and there will be no Rezz Ship to bring you back next time. Sorry to all the Athena fanboys out there, but the only good Cylon is a dead Cylon.

As for JJJ... I didn't read his posts like I said I would. I got caught up in posting other things, and then I ran out of Mafia time for a bit. I did read his case on nutella, and I want to point out one bit that I think isn't quite right:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Later she did move on the ika read but without saying why.
But she did say why:
nutella wrote:Maybe it's not much basis for suspicion, especially now I'm aware it's common behavior...
She called him "incredibly annoying", which I suppose I can assume is for similar reasons to the suspicions she expressed prior. I'd like to know why she moved away from "suspicious" and toward "annoying", because the distinction is important.
But it always seemed like she found him more annoying than suspicious, when I read it:
nutella wrote:I don't believe I've ever played with either of them. Regardless of their history, I really dislike ika's tone. Maybe it's not much basis for suspicion, especially now I'm aware it's common behavior, but I really don't like it and his unshakeability rubs me the wrong way.
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
indiglo wrote:You are not wrong Epi. We definitely need to discuss our lynch. I have been having so much fun thinking about how the mechanics work, etc, but our next lynch will come to head very soon, and hashing it out is better than not.

Are you gunning for an LC lynch? Or do you have another, more favored top candidate?
No, at this moment I don't think a Long Con lynch is wise. I'd rather give him time to sort things out. I can only assume that you believe I'm human, and, despite my wanting you dead, you believe that killing me isn't going to help the "Civvie cause" as it is generally perceived.

JaggedJimmyJay would be my top vote right now, as I have intimated. Some of his responses to my accusations have been solid though, while others have only...twisted my coils, or whatever it is toasters do. I just have nobody who stands out farther than he does. My counterpoint about his nutella post is something that pinged me about him, what I saw as flaws in his reasoning could actually be manipulations designed to paint nutella as bad while looking like a JJJ that did his homework correctly.

The ika kill is something that needs more attention. A number of people threatened to lynch him, and he was killed. I might look to someone who was struggling to keep up but couldn't because ika was spamming rather than search for a strategic reason beyond that.
Not too sure about the fruitfulness of an ika murder investigation. Like I said before, everyone is a suspect, because everyone was tired of his abrasive play. And I mean no insult, just a statement of fact: his play was intentionally abrasive as a valid playstyle choice, from what I could see. I think he would agree with me.
Long Con wrote:
nutella wrote:LC, I thought you were a fan of the show? Everyone else who knows the show has insisted that Athena is a good guy. Why are you sticking so stubbornly to the black-and-white all-cylons-are-bad mentality?
Hey, I labelled Athena as GOOD in big green letters in my alignment post, and yet everyone keeps saying I have some giant intentional blind spot as a Lore Guru.
Long Con wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Long Con wrote:I would like to vote for JJJ or sig today. Anyone care to join on either of those? We can have a Chinese Food Drill, it'll be delicious.
Oh really? Where did that come from?
I think I mentioned before that I thought your case on nutella was intentionally false in places... and then your case against me was lame as well (from my perspective: I know I ain't bad, and you are trying to twist everything I do to make me look bad).

ALSO, and this is new opinion: you turned it into high gear as soon as someone suggested that your half-assed JJJ routine was your baddie play. That is suspicious to me too.
Long Con wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Long Con wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Long Con wrote:I would like to vote for JJJ or sig today. Anyone care to join on either of those? We can have a Chinese Food Drill, it'll be delicious.
Oh really? Where did that come from?
I think I mentioned before that I thought your case on nutella was intentionally false in places... and then your case against me was lame as well (from my perspective: I know I ain't bad, and you are trying to twist everything I do to make me look bad).
Absolutely not. My case on you may or may not be accurate, but if you cannot even acknowledge that some of the points I make are understandable then that is very hard to believe. That would require the total absence of objectivity. The points you poked at re: nutella I just think you're wrong about. To suggest in a Mafia game that someone's tone is off-putting is to call that person suspicious.
I guess only nutella knows for sure.
Long Con wrote:ALSO, and this is new opinion: you turned it into high gear as soon as someone suggested that your half-assed JJJ routine was your baddie play. That is suspicious to me too.
I like how people suggest that when I'm not town I just don't play as hard. I must have the most obvious baddie meta on the Internet. Time, energy, and motivation vary by phase.
I didn't suggest that. Someone else suggested it, and then you totally changed. Isn't that true?
Long Con wasn't amused by my case against nutella, and he used it to cast suspicion on me. That might make me :mad:, but I don't know that it should make me :suspish:. I think it's fair to state that Long Con was a defender of nutella conclusively, and that's something he'll have to answer for. If I have a gun to my head though, I say it's more about him being wrong than him being manipulative. There's also an established trend now of LC and I suspecting one another (often wrongly) in Mafia games, and I suspect Day 2 was more of the same.

The worst look for him is probably that he was very interested in self-preservation at the end of Day 2 based upon what he actually said, but his vote went harmlessly to sig instead of nutella or another viable counterwagon.

~~~

Things LoRab said to/about nutella:
LoRab wrote:So Say We All

I'm here now! Sorry to miss the first few messages.
juliets wrote:yeah polo i've been trying to fit every word i could think of that had to do with finding the tracker. No go. Could he really be writing backwards as nutella suggested?
Yes, that was my first thought when I started reading through them. Especially with capital letters in the middle of the phrase and not starting with a capital. Also, it's been said now, but the posts literally say that they are cyphers, so...
LoRab wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote: I think Lorab and Nutella have BTSC although that in itself doesn't make them bad if they do, always possible to have townie BTSC.
I do not have BTSC with Nutella, or anyone else for that matter. And I am not mafia (which you say in a later post, but I only quoted this one). I have no idea about LA. I find her hard to read and I know she's graduating this week, so I know her schedule is off in terms of mafia time and her brain is probably in a lot of places right now. I think her commnents to/about Ika are consistent with the way she posts about players, regardless of alliance. I don't know where I stand with her.
LoRab wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

Interesting LoRab. I see you jumped a vote on LC and have stuck around to throw out this opinion. Is this to cover your ass if LA flips something bad or murdering like? (I'm sorry, I'm not getting the whole concept yet)

Just something to watch. Just know I am. :eye:
I've been starting to doze off in front of the computer for an hour or so, and didn't want to miss the vote. I'm not confident in my vote, but I felt suspish enough to vote. And then continued to contribute when I didn't actually fall asleep.

Not sure why you find that nefarious. I'm not bad. I don't have BTSC with Nutella. I don't know what else to say, because nothing else has been mentioned about why I'm suspish.
Black Rock wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Well for my LoRab suspicion to work it would mean Nutella was her partner in murdering.
I'm confused by this, because later you say that I'm more suspish than she is. I'm not connected to her. At this poing, I don't trust her and I find her more suspish than I did when I voted. I don't know what esle to say, because you haven't really said anything about me.
bea wrote:taking a leap of faith here.

lorab

If I'm wrong please tell me why.
You are totally wrong. And, unless I missed it, you haven't said why you voted for me. If you explain, then I can tell you why you're wrong.
LoRab has gotten a lot of crap for the second post here because of her seemingly abitrary "I don't have BTSC with nutella". I think this might be misguided, because it does stem directly from the accusations she had been facing since ObscureAllure first mentioned that she and nutella had posted close together on two occasions. Defending against assumptions of baddie BTSC was clearly on LoRab's mind even if that's not exactly what Black Rock had said to her. LoRab voted for Long Con on Day 2.

I honestly don't think this looks as bad as some other people do, but I did have some misgivings about this interaction in the other direction. LoRab is a suspect, but not necessarily my top suspect.

~~~

Things Metalmarsh89 said to/about nutella:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
nutella wrote:holy shit I'm a dumbass and got distracted by RL and missed the vote. so sorry Golden I am kicking myself :( I probably would have voted for Epig anyway but I need to catch up on a shit ton
So say we all.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
nutella wrote:God damn this is by far the most asinine mafia thread I have ever had to read. :disappoint:
So say we all.
Okay. :shrug:

Marmot's Day 2 vote went to Zebra. This is not inspiring stuff, but what ever is with Marmot? :p

~~~

Things Matt said to/about nutella:
Matt wrote:Everyone seems to want to vote nutella, I can't ever read nutella so I dunno. Surely in that case she'll come back bad and I'll look stoopid.
I don't know why Matt suggested he would look "stoopid" in the event of nutella flipping as a baddie since he never really defended her or called her a town read. He didn't provide any read on her at all.

His Day 2 vote went to Zebra. This has little impact upon my read of Matt.

~~~

Things Nerolunar said to/about nutella:
Nerolunar wrote:
Golden wrote:You have found and destroyed a resurrection ship in square B2. Hot Dog and Kat have returned alive.
So say we all! Well done guys :beer:

I think your case on nutella is agreeable, JJJ, but not that strong. I mean, inconsistency is a fair reason to lynch someone day 1 or 2 imo, but I could also interpret nutella as being a confused civ. We are all struggling to gather reads it seems, and some people are more vocal about their confusion through either stating it like Juliets just did, or through their actions such as Nutella. But I guess we will only know if we lynch said person. Im not opposed to it though, its a good shot compared to any other submissions so far.
Nerolunar wrote:Vote Long Con

Im going to bed soon, so I want to get my vote out there. I chose Long Con above anyone else because disrupting our plan "for fun" seems like such a lame excuse, and JJJ´s case was alright.

Nutella strikes me as genuine. Inconsistent maybe, but genuine. Long Con seems more manipulative in comparison imo.
Nerolunar wrote:If you think Im going for low hanging fruit, look at the players voting for Nutella.
The highlighted portion is a bit of a waffle. He called my case agreeable but then proceeded to list his problems with it, and suggested that it cannot be resolved without lynching her regardless. This strikes me as a strange mindset, but I don't know that it's necessarily baddie-indicative.

Nero: you eventually opted to stand in nutella's defense, and you even asserted that the people voting for her were going for the "low-hanging fruit". What about her did you find genuine, and what made her an easy target?

I'll await an answer before taking a side here.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Things Metalmarsh89 said to/about nutella:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
nutella wrote:holy shit I'm a dumbass and got distracted by RL and missed the vote. so sorry Golden I am kicking myself :( I probably would have voted for Epig anyway but I need to catch up on a shit ton
So say we all.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
nutella wrote:God damn this is by far the most asinine mafia thread I have ever had to read. :disappoint:
So say we all.
Okay. :shrug:

Marmot's Day 2 vote went to Zebra. This is not inspiring stuff, but what ever is with Marmot? :p
Told you. :P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Things juliets said to/about nutella:
juliets wrote:
S~V~S wrote:When Epi was then lynched & revealed, in retrospect, I thought that maybe he WANTED to be lynched becasue he knew he would come back & be revealed a friendly Cylon :shrug:
As of this point in time I believe Epi to be a town friendly cylon. I'm having difficulty with suspicions though. Nobody is standing out. I'm going to read nutella to see if I can buy JJJ's case. Besides JJJ with nutella has anyone else got a strong feeling about anyone? (OA I saw your suspicion of LC and someone else - I'm going into your posts to refresh myself on the "why" of your suspicions.)
juliets wrote:I want to hear what nutella has to say about JJJ's and others points before I make up my mind.
juliets wrote:After reading all the opinions about LC I have come to believe he is good, whatever that means in this game. Now I have to decide about nutella. I feel sure as I've said before that Epi is good so that leaves me kind of suspicious of sig who seems certain Epi is bad and not willing to consider the info from the show lore.
juliets wrote:I'd like to give nutella the botd for one more day but she ends up at the top of the list to get my vote today. I also considered LC (no longer considering), Marmot (decided his antics did not necessarily mean he was bad), DFaraday (decided to give him another day to join in) and sig (his latest posts convinced me not to vote him) but rejected them for different reasons.

juliets repeatedly acknowledged my case against nutella, but did not take a stance either way. On two occasions she said she wanted to hear nutella's rebuttals first before making her decision, which is fair enough. However, it must be noted that after nutella gave her replies (multiple substantive replies), juliets never said anything further about it. I cannot know how juliets felt about nutella in light of those replies, and in the second last post spoilered here (highlighted portion), it's clear that juliets herself wasn't ready to take a stance.

In the last post the stance comes, but without a stated reason. She placed her vote for nutella.

I think there's legitimate bus potential in this interaction. I suspect juliets more than I did before.
I had a hard time making a decision about nutella. On the one hand was JJJ's case and on the other hand were her rebuttals. I ended up coming to her by process of elimination. Also I did not want to see LC go as I didn't see him as a baddie and nutella was the place to vote to make sure that didn't happen. I see how you could suspect a bus but it wasn't. I'm not a teammate of nutella and was happy to see her gone.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Things ObscureAllure said to/about nutella:
ObscureAllure wrote:I'd like to hear more from Black Rock, SVS, Juliet, Zebra, LoRab, and nutella. Bak in the day I knew you guys to be very vocal. I feel haven't seen much from you guys. (Then again, with only a hand full of people dominating the thread, I guess it's going to make it seem like everyone else is quiet regardless of their actual contribution, especially when so much time is spent just trying to catch up on how many "no you!"s we have on each page.)
ObscureAllure wrote:Is it just me or did loran and Nutella do back to back posts out of no where twice?
ObscureAllure wrote:Also, I'm not afraid to say it, I'm pretty darn sure Epi is town. Cylon or not, I think he's town. I also think drum beats is. Probably Silber and JJJ are (although it had nothing to do with their opinions of me that I saw they posted, ironically, just so happens they have mentioned me today.) I think Lorab and Nutella have BTSC although that in itself doesn't make them bad if they do, always possible to have townie BTSC. I think a couple of people are bad but again, I'll wait a bit longer until I let that out of the bag officially. Although Matt's weird ass obsession with an off topic and unrelated to this game comment I made is kind of remembering past players from when I played at the other sites is kind of starting to freak me out. I also remember about half of these players and spent years in the mafia trenches with them. Don't know what that has to do with this game?!
ObscureAllure wrote:Good lort almighty, I honestly don't get what that could possibly have to do with this game but I'll bite. I just went and looked at the members list at RM and you're right, I was thinking Zelda. My bad. http://forum.revolutionmafia.com/member ... ofile&u=42 Again, still don't possibly understand what bearing that could possibly have on this game in any way shape or form but if that's your game, roll with it

Also - Nutella
I posted before, felt like when I mentioned you guys, one said to the other to go post and y'all came to post together. Doesn't mean for sure BTSC, doesn't mean for sure mafia. Just something I noticed.
ObscureAllure wrote:I think there's a possibility that Lorab and Nutella are bad, but again not a lot of evidence. Just felt like their comments were BTSCish.
ObscureAllure wrote:
nutella wrote:wait was zebra on RM or something? I thought she was from one of the music forums? or maybe you're thinking of a different person
My bad, it was Nutella that chimed in right after Matt.
nutella wrote:I would like to hear more from Zebra, I think I tend to get odd vibes from her usually but I'm really unclear on what she's done this game and her name sticks out as one I'm curious about. In fact I might go look at her ISO and see what I find (all I remember is the OA thing).
And then again after. (BTW is it default that you can't search two letter words on this forum? Sucks when I'm trying to search for OA. lol)

I just noted that something so completely irrelevant to this game was brought up a few time. Small ping. (Sorry Juliet, had the wrong gal.)

OH MY LINKI.
Post with lots of spoilers
ObscureAllure wrote:
nutella wrote:linki: OA honestly I think it's strange that you've locked so hard onto this. Again, being online at the same time IN NO WAY implies BTSC. I feel like you're really digging for something to latch onto here.
HA! For serious? So firstly I've said since the beginning that it was a small ping and could just as easily mean nothing as it could mean coincidence, as it could mean BTSC, or that BTSC could be something good not bad. (PSST: I literally said this in the posts you linki'd...) Other people brought it up and asked me to clarify and link to it to see what I meant, so i responded. I in no way "locked hard on this" and said multiple times that it means nothing other than something to notice. But if you want to make it more...
ObscureAllure wrote:Well crap. I'm headed to dinner and don't want to chance not being back in time. I am really torn between LC and Nutella. Sadly, them being tied for votes doesn't help. However, I am starting to see a pattern in LC's posts that make me think I know why he's doing and saying what he is. However, that in itself isn't guaranteed to not be mafia (I could see a townie mafia with an "all cylons must die" wincon). But for now I am not ready to poke that bear with a stick just yet. So I'm going to go with VOTE: NUTELLA

Linki - Nutella's post to LC totally reaffirms what I'm thinking. Buwhahaha.
linki: WHOA sig! >.<
I don't think OA is on nutella's team.

~~~

Things Polo said to/about nutella:
Polo wrote:Glorfindel also failed to say So Say We All, along with Vompatti.

S~V~S, Metalmarsh89, SokothQultuq, Nutella and Drumbeats also failed to begin their first post with So Say We All.
His focus was elsewhere most of the time. His Day 2 vote went to Vompatti. Not inspiring, but also too little to judge conclusively.

~~~

Things Ricochet said to/about nutella:
Ricochet wrote:Greetings, Glorfindel. Are you cylon?
Vompatti wrote:I didn't read the rules k
No surprises there.

Are you rooting for the baddies this game?

---

A full list of people who have disobeyed rule 1, so far, is as follows:

DrumBeats
nutella
SVS
MetalMarsh89
Vompatti
Glorfindel
Ricochet wrote:Nutella, design-wise I would challenge the notion of a baddie receiving a challenge to use a catchphrase or stereotype that could link him with his faction, but then Matt would probably keep voting me for shooting down his ideas. :why:
Ricochet wrote:
Inawordyes wrote:Ricochet was causing problems, obstructing scum hurting by being obtuse IIRC. A lot of people were FoS'ing him, but then TripleJ comes in saying "hey guys, I think he's quite town!" And everybody much ignored it and it just flew right under the radar. It was so nonchalant that it may just be nothing, but if Rico flips (or has flipped already through other circumstances than officially via Golden), then I think TripleJ warrants some FoS regardless of how townie he may look at the moment, which I don't know how much that is.
Hi IAWY. Welcome. You did miss the salute procedures toDay, however. ;)

I haven't flipped (already). Also, I do remember JJJ being one of the first and few to townread me, amidst a lot of heated action, (for reasons he rightfully remembered as being characteristic of my civ play, I might add), but I doubt it influenced the heated action taking another course.
Scotty wrote:Today I will most likely be voting for: Nutella, Rico, DFaraday. In that order. I'm actually very surprised no one has voted yet. Lots of hesitancy by everyone involved, and I'm not sure if that's a good sign or a bad sign.
What's thy beef with me?

===

Trying to be pragmatic tonight, is there anything besides LC, nutella and maybe JJJ I should look back into?
Ricochet wrote:Reviewed nutella based on her activity and the cases against her - actually I'd call only JJJ's case a proper one, because G-Man just brought up and then stuck to a single idea (the "Deborah" angle, which, admittedly is a more notorious case of a lurker excusing himself at every step intentionally; still quite rare, though). [It actually makes me ponder a bit on G-Man's ultimately contribution and decision, tbh.]

-- stuff that doesn't hold as much weight for me: her seemingly perspective on ika, in spite of all meta assurances (I don't think it's that uncommon or even the only case in which a player imposed his own perspective on how these two players interact, read each other and have resolute faith in perfect alignment discerning i.e. didn't LoRab also have a long contradictory talk with ika?); the downgrade of her views on ika from suss to annoyance (lingering vexation, especially in the context of that event that happened, can't say that surprises me or that it would be alignment indicative); her post-flip conflicting views on getting rid of Epig eventually and yet admonishing those who insisted the traditional perspective of the game design (not conflicting if an agenda is at stake no wait, her rebuttal is that she reconsidered the lore impact afterwards)
[/strike]

-- stuff that does: her drive-by "I'm listening" to Matt's (rather nitpicky) suss on JJJ (this coming after she questioned Matt, instead, on why he suspects LC); her unbuild claim that Epig would have reached top choice that Day, had she not missed the vote; the dynamic of potentially sliding off ika to open new picks (this is only slightly, because I said above that the downgrade itself doesn't look so problematic)

Hard to say, overall. Yes, her dynamic is looking shaky and inconsistent, plus right now she seems stuck in rebuttals, whereas I would feel the need, being already Day Two, to see more leads and reads (even slightly more than just GMan and Zebra, which she did bring up). Some of her "that's how I play / that's how I do thing" is what I'd expect to hear, on a basic level of defending. My inclination is to rule for a further phase of scrutiny.
Ricochet wrote:
nutella wrote:
Ricochet wrote: -- stuff that does: her drive-by "I'm listening" to Matt's (rather nitpicky) suss on JJJ (this coming after she questioned Matt, instead, on why he suspects LC); her unbuild claim that Epig would have reached top choice that Day, had she not missed the vote; the dynamic of potentially sliding off ika to open new picks (this is only slightly, because I said above that the downgrade itself doesn't look so problematic)
1) was that about the "PLAN" thing? idk, it was a zany Matt theory, but I could have potentially seen it as something real -- we already know Golden is using keyword/trigger mechanics. I also just wanted to hear more from JJJ at that point in general because he wasn't posting as much as he usually does.

2) I'm a little confused about your wording here but I think you mean when I said I would have voted for Epi. I would have. On Day 1 I vote for whoever my strongest ping is at the time for whatever reason, and the last time I had been in thread that top ping was Epi.

3) Again confused by your wording. Don't really know what you're saying there. On day 1 I follow wherever whichever slight pings may take me, and am likely to drop early pings in favor of stronger ones.

Linki @ SVS: I wouldn't say something if I didn't believe it, at least at the time. My opinions can change between posts and when presented with new defenses or information, but my suspicion/thoughts on zebra have all been genuine.
1) yes, that. especially in relation with resolutely questioning another suss Matt just threw at someone ("LC might be bad"), here you were swiftly indulging in an even more wacky suss

2) by unbuild I meant that nothing in your ISO strongly illustrates how Epig became a valid choice for you; your only thought was picking up someone else's view on him

3) I think JJJ expressed it better, then. Same post as above, basically. It could be read as "Ok, I'm dropping this now and trying to find new names."
Ricochet wrote:This is my post saved in Chrome's history before the computer rebooted. (Fell asleep in the meantime) I can't develop it further.

Reviewed LC based on his activity and the cases against him, notably (again) JJJ's.

-- stuff that doesn't hold as much weight for me: -
-- stuff that I find just... interesting: his conflicting views on profiling Athena as good based on lore, but insisting on the ultimate demise of Epig being a necessary step (could be agenda issues, though); his defense pitch for nutella
-- stuff that does: sudden Matt vote was sudden, Day One; loose reads or vote intentions (ika from good to 'should go awai could be Cylon', for instance); his vote interferences, stance on it and further philosophy (the B2 story also makes him look worse for the timing he chose)
-- stuff I don't know what to do with: basic reads along the Day One way (the stuff that JJJ called it "stance certifying")

Ergh. Picking on players from unusual angles (like for instance, sig) and messing with the thread is something I've seen both from civ LC seeing things with a different eye and from baddie LC knitting susswires on people. I can't quite discern how a baddie LC with knowledge of RezShip/RezHub locations wouldn't foresee that the B2 reveal, sooner or later, wouldn't blow up in his face, nevertheless a) it doesn't exclude LC from being a baddie without any such knowledge himself b) doesn't erase the bad impression of being so principled, then just throwing dynamite on the whole thing. I'm naturally inclined to find malevolence in this movie, but even here I'm not 100% certain if it would be revealed as a tactical Leroy Jenkins move or a blunder of a jest.

Idk I'm reading this and don't feel it's a fully complete indictment folder. It's 4am, can someone tell me other noteworthy charges on LC?

===

With such mixed reads on nutella and LC, I will hereby stick to voting Zebra. Her wagon is pants right now, but this is my strong read toDay.

a2thezebra
Ricochet critically examined my case against nutella and other general suspicions about her, agreeing with some points and doubting some others. I do like the mindset Ricochet is displaying in this progression; it reads to me like he genuinely wanted to learn more about nutella's alignment and was trying to do so with the resources at hand. His vote eventually went to Zebra.

~~~

Things S~V~S said to/about nutella:
S~V~S wrote:
Golden wrote:You have found and destroyed a resurrection ship in square B2. Hot Dog and Kat have returned alive.
Yay!! Also yay that Hot Dog & Kat returned alive :cloud9:

And yeah, "A" ship, plus like someone said, the event would have ended.

@Nero,I kinda did get a rough start. But so did a lot of people with the Holiday weekend. I think I am getting my feet back under me.

Right now I am still looking at G Man who is amusing but not saying too much. Also plan on rereading Nutella in wake of JJJs case. Hoping to hear more from Glorfindel & Faraday, too.
S~V~S wrote:I think BR is probably civ; she said something to me, asked me a very pointed question, when I assumed Epi being a Cylon made him bad. I don't see bad BR asking pointed questions. I think Glorfindel, not unlike yourself, has been rather tentative. That seems more in character with him, but he is definitely a question mark for me. LC I always think is bad, but I liked the case on him. Plus as someone that I know appreciates a good plan, his gleeful wrench throwing seemed a bit "evil" glee rather than "just for fun" kind of glee. Same for Nutella, really~ I always think she is bad. I recall little from MM, even though he is a top 10 poster. So I want to reread him. I have little recollection of LoRabs posts, either. Hrm.
S~V~S wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
nutella wrote:Oh, I misremembered, only OA talked about zebra, zebra never responded. I was thinking of Zebra's odd vote for BR -- I don't think she ever acknowledged that BR had in fact posted before then, and she never conceded to others' (including myself) claims that BR tends to be quiet at first.

Looking at her ISO, I do in fact get an odd vibe from zebra, right from the start with her gung-ho "hey matt let's chat" and general eager, almost flippant tone. She participates in the "could some cylons be good"/win condition debate and I actually agree with everything she said on that topic, but otherwise I don't feel great about her. She also said "don't lynch me because I'm town" verbatim two separate times, unprompted, here and here. Does she usually do that? It feels off to me.
nutella wrote: If anyone's ignoring suspicions against her it's Zebra. I made a post about her last night and she hasn't acknowledged it, and she continues to post in her odd, spontaneous, minimalist manner, barely responding to anything. I found it strange just now how she said she would vote for BR, was told that BR had responded, asked/said she would look for the response and reassess, and then spontaneously voted for Ricochet before even seeing BR's responses. She didn't give a reason for her sudden vote on Ricochet and when asked she said he was "trying too hard" and explained that a bit more, but her vote post just felt so out of the blue.

I will most likely be voting for Zebra today. I would like to see her respond to this and my earlier post about her.
I don't know if this is what I'm supposed to be obligated to respond to or not since you haven't asked me any questions or anything. Um...I disagree? You haven't mentioned anything about my behavior this game with either of these posts that I feel is alignment-indicative for any player, so I don't have anything to deny or clarify. I find it a little suspicious that your focus is on me for elements that are consistent with my play style regardless of alignment.
These two quotes you post look like she is looking for a reason to vote for you, manufacturing a suspicion, to look like she has one.

The first one especially, "Well she talked about this non-suspish topic, and I totally agree with her, but otherwise, meh".

More than anything this makes me want to vote for her.
S~V~S wrote:
Ricochet wrote:So first of all, status on past suspects:

zebra - lynch candidate. Stuff that made me wary from Day One heightened by pattern of what she might try to pull when bad. Late show up toDay only to moodswing from insisting to the same candidate she had a Day ago to me. Her two votes now stand as "vote for a player with no activity, because I know that's the meta of that player when it has no/low activity" and "vote for a player for tryhardism, because I know that's what I'd do". Weaksauces all around.

MetalMarsh89 - gives me the impression of being more focused and preocuppied during Night One, compared to having to plow through banter and reasonless votes during the two Day phases so far. For the life of me, I can't find this trustworthy. FoS

SVS - suss matter from previous Day seems defused, in which at least in one half of the story we seemed to arrived to some idea that it was all strange interpretation, nevertheless I haven't quite completely shaken the feeling of her knitting me into a lynch, with misrepresentation thrown in the mix and everything, and I don't remember her actually ever addressing that part eloquently. If this is perhaps on a personal interaction level, on a game level, I had to resort to ISO, because I didn't remember seeing her post much or any major input in her posts, and indeed her Day Two looks sparse, reads are sparse, except when she rather made use of G-Man's list to cover everyone herself in at least a few mentions. Don't know what to make of this. I'd somewhat have expectations of a more resolute SVS, even at this stage already, with at least one or two elaborated leads. I'd keep the FoS on her as well.

oh my frak so much linki
I "used" his list because I had also suspected him, and I was pleased to see him post reads. So easier to use an existing list than make my own.

Any opinon on Nutella or LC?

Linki, but I have known her for a looong time Zebra. I know I tend to think that she is bad, but that looks like grasping at straws Nutella to me.
S~V~S wrote:My vote is Nutella. LC sounds more sincere to me in his defenses, although that whole evil glee thing still nags at me. I think Rico v. Zeeb may be civ/civ, so I prefer not to vote there. But the tip point for me was her feint at Zebra. It did not feel to me like Nutella believed it. I also thnk her posts re ika/Epi did not feel sincere to me.

*Voting Nutella*

linki @ bea, I feel similarly re trust, but trusting someone =/= following their suspicions.
S~V~S wrote:I already voted, bea.
nutella wrote:
I am neither cornered nor a baddie :shrug2: I'm afraid I'll get lynched for basically the same reasons I do in almost every game, it's really frustrating at this point but I don't know what to do since no matter how or what I post people seem to read it as suspicious.

linki @ SVS I have no memory of how I played in recruitment (I assume you're talking about the latest one) and I don't know what you mean by "anyone but me" but I swear I'm just innocent and clueless this game.

linki @ bea: I might still vote for zebra even though I feel less strongly about her, but I kind of think I'll be voting more out of self preservation at this point and she has some votes to compete with those on me anyway. I'd rather not vote LC but if it ends up being a choice between voting him and getting lynched myself I'll do it. I'll wait as close to the end as I can though (without missing it this time :blush: )
Yes, the most recent recruitment where you were bad.
S~V~S wrote:
There are more posts than this, I just picked some of them out so the spoiler isn't too massive. I think the best look for S~V~S isn't that she went against nutella, but that she was using her suspicion of nutella in her judgments of other players. Her approach to bea specifically resonates with me, because I was having some of the same thoughts at the time (clarified in my most recent review of bea). I lean toward S~V~S not being teamed with nutella.

~~~

Things Scotty said to/about nutella:
Scotty wrote:I'm not buying that Nutella "would have voted Epi" if she were around. That seems like a bullshit brownnosing, though there is no way to know.
Scotty wrote:
nutella wrote:So Say We All!

RIP ika iywg. The conscription thing is intriguing :hmmm:
This post has less content in it than my checking account, and daddy needs new shoes.
Scotty wrote:I think I like the case on Nutella devised by JJJ, but I'm also in the camp is cautious about the differences in JJJ's playstyle possibly bamboozling me.

I currently am leaning more toward voting Nutella at this time
Scotty wrote:Today I will most likely be voting for: Nutella, Rico, DFaraday. In that order. I'm actually very surprised no one has voted yet. Lots of hesitancy by everyone involved, and I'm not sure if that's a good sign or a bad sign.
Scotty wrote:So I will roll with the "waiting for DFaraday to explain more" movement.
Nutella has done nothing to dissuade the attention she has garnered. Maybe it's because she has no votes and thus doesn't feel like she needs to respond, or maybe she missed the accusations entirely.

LC has a few things not going well for him in my book:
-stubbornness in not acknowledging that not all cylons are evil.
-the sortie blurt just screams insubordination. Some have suggested he has done the obtuse action -> joke explanation before as a baddie, so this is an entirely possible baddie move to get us off the checkerboard trail, in which we would have found the first resurrection ship in 4 moves, as opposed to 6 (I think 6).
-his explanation of shouting out a rando sector also came with the assumption that the ships were not 1x1. How convenient.
-JJJ's case on him, for lack of better words, looks bad.

Rico, as I previously have said, could have eliminated ika for being his biggest vocal opponent. He says he would never quell a vocal opponent, but I also said I wouldn't get that donut at the gas station today. Priorities change.
Scotty wrote:voted nutella

Sorry all, I'm real busy but that is where I will vote today.
There's a degree of severity in Scotty's antagonism re: nutella that is striking. I highlighted a couple examples. The second example shows Scotty responding to a single minor post of nutella's with strong language that makes me wonder. There have been a ton of posts in this game that feature "less content than Scotty's checking account", but he felt the inspiration to say that in response to that specific post. This makes me wonder if Scotty's antagonism was for show instead of sincere. It's also notable that when I provided a case against nutella and she started to become a viable lynch, Scotty lent a little shaky support to that (while also throwing shade at the writer of the case, me). His enthusiasm is a little inconsistent in that regard.

I thought nutella's treatment of Scotty was a decent look for him, but I feel his treatment of her is less of a less positive reflection.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Things sig said to/about nutella:
sig wrote:Okay so I'm considering three people for today.

LC, I really dislike his game play so far, and I liked JJJ case on him. His only saving grace is agreeing with me about lynching the cylons.
Zebra, she seems to be playing more like her scummy meta. Not as active, building weaker cases, and I'm getting the same gut feel I got from her last game.
Epi, He is an outed Cylon and with the ship gone I'd like to see if we can lynch him and how he will flip. If he flips mafia then we know most cylons are bad. I also think he could've been the one to kill Ika, seeing how Ika was pushing to lynch Epi again. So I'm leaning towards mafia on Epi.

So here is a thought, in past games civs or mafia members could create events, usually polls but I've seen events before. Could there be no resurrection ship and this is all a ploy created by the cylons?
Maybe Epi just had a lynch proof power or something?

I don't see the reasons for a nutella lynch or for Rico.
sig wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Nah Epi is the way to go. :nicenod:
sig wrote:
nutella wrote:sig, people familiar with the show have insisted that Athena is a good character, are you ignoring that info? like I get that maybe we shouldn't assume that it's reflected in the roles in this game, but it would make some sense. are you not willing to entertain that possibility?

lorab I am so jealous!!!!!
Ugh fine, obviously I'm the super minority here. I'll ISO Epi over the night phase and see what I think and I'll take into consideration what they've said. However, I still don't believe we should put to much weight in the show. Take the Final five for example whatever they are they've been randomized and aren't the same people as they were in the show. I think getting to deep into the shows lore isn't good, especially with some of the text in game. You'll be seen as a cylon sympathizer if you don't say this ect.
sig wrote:That nutella portion of your post was very fencey Daisy.
sig wrote:all these last minute votes on nutella are worrying to me.

Though I really dislike Glorfs vote for LC. :sigh:
sig pooh-poohed the idea of a nutella lynch without ever saying why the cases against her didn't inspire him. He pushed for an Epignosis lynch (which wasn't terribly likely to materialize especially toward EOD). He was however willing to throw shade at Spacedaisy for saying something "very fencey" about nutella, which should indicate that this means something to sig about nutella's own alignment. He resisted a nutella lynch without being a loud opponent to it.

I think sig looks a little worse.

~~~

Things Silverwolf said to/about nutella:
Silverwolf wrote:Null town-meaning nothing pings but not enough to say town for sure:

LoRab
Marmot
nutella
SVS-I realize this is a change but I like her recent posts as I agree with her on a couple points
sig
Silverwolf wrote:If votes were changeable, I'd policy vote nutella for attacking ika the way she is. It pisses me off.
Silverwolf wrote:Looking over JJJ's case and nutella's ISO, she said she usually votes on D1 whoever pings, even if it isn't much of a ping but said ika wasn't vote worth yet, sound like she would go there if nothing better came along:
nutella wrote:this game is confusing :/

after a quick readthrough the player who sticks out to me the most is ika I guess. Not only do I find his rife-with-ignored-typos posts difficult and obnoxious to read, I'm unsure what to think of his fierce insistence on being able to read silverwolf no matter what, and the back-and-forth with Rico has been interesting to say the least. To some extent I understand the idea that some players might not really be able to help how they behave as civ or scum (I have been guilty of it myself). But the way he's talking about it and not allowing for any possibility he could be wrong is just really setting me off.

I wouldn't say he's necessarily vote-worthy for it yet, he's just so far the only blip on my radar, and day 1 for me usually involves having no clue who to really suspect and just voting for the strongest slight ping, so something else could come up.
Later she said she finds him annoying but not bad. At first this pinged me a lot until I realized her read progression isn't that far off base from what she was saying and it wasn't as murky as I thought.

I did find these two posts off:
nutella wrote:OK, caught up, what an adventure. And shame on me for posting before catching up and thereby missing another so say we all. :disappoint:

This resurrection ship thing is pretty unfortunate, we have an outed baddie who we can't kill yet :/ I hope we can find and destroy the ship soon, but if not it might admittedly be a waste to try to lynch Epi again right away. But if we can't kill him maybe we can get some info out of him :shrug:
nutella wrote: Yes, this. We have had numerous games that were not simply black and white "town" versus "scum" because honestly that gets really boring after a while. SW, ika, this may be new for you but try to keep an open mind about what a mafia game can look like and how complex the alignment system can get, and also maybe pay some attention to those who have show-lore-knowledge that might help understand such complexity for this particular game. Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong, but show some flexibility and open-mindedness because that is how we play here. You are welcome to your opinions but please don't be rude about them or try to shove them down people's throats.
OK, So she accepts that Epi is a baddie due to flipping cylon until the conversation ensues about Epi being a good cylon. Suddently, I get this paragraph about it not being black and white. If that's the case, why even say Epi is bad in the first place. This doesn't make much sense. It's like nutella was jumping on the popular choice until it wasn't and then she went with whatever the other popular opinion was at the time.

So this pings me enough plus nutella's overall lack of quality posting and her changing view on ika-again going with the flow-to give her a scumread for the under the radar, playing it safe play. If nothing better comes up, this is likely where I will vote today.

FoS nutella
Silverwolf wrote:Nutella is still where my vote would be at right now but I have more ISOing to do before that's set.
Silverwolf wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
nutella wrote:JJJ, saying I disliked ika's tone does not at all imply that I was scum reading him. Early on day 1 I thought his strong defense of silver was pingy, but I quickly learned that that was their dynamic and decided his behavior made him all the more likely to be civ. LC is right that I mostly just found him annoying, and in that particular post I was backing off from my previous statement of suspicion.
Frankly if you were saying those things merely to convey that he was annoying then it's an even worse look, because that commentary can serve no purpose except to discredit ika. There's no reason to say those things at all if they aren't statements of suspicion.
Good point, it also inflames an already volatile situation. She also insinuated he was acting like an asshole. If she's not suspicious of him, then I'm left to believe it's an antagonistic approach that isn't used to get a read on ika and is therefore scum motivated.

nutella has my vote unless something drastic happens before EoD
Silverwolf wrote:Nutella still is my top choice for a vote. I'm waiting to see what LC says in response to JJJ-the rest of his rebuttal and hopefully some insight from Black Rock-might be wishful thinking on this one. Otherwise, I'm set on a nutella vote and have been for awhile. Nothing she has said makes me change my mind so far.
Silverwolf wrote:I felt like zebra vs Rico was civ v civ. I won't be voting for Zebra today.

LC's defense seemed genuine in his latest posts and I feel like he's probably human.

nutella I've had an FoS on for awhile and I haven't seen anything in her defense posts to make me change my mind. Her overall tone is pingy plus I laid out how I didn't like some of her though process in regards to ika and Epi earlier. She was just going with the flow and then chimed in more when under pressure but really mostly to just defend herself. Of the choices today, she's the one that I'm most comfortable with. There's some low quality posters I would also consider lynching but I don't think that would be too popular and a waste of a vote. I feel best about a vote for nutella right now.

Also, I'm going to bed early tonight because I have a minor surgical procedure tomorrow so might not be around much before EoD or tomorrow either.

I don't think she's on nutella's team.

~~~

SokothQultug said nothing to/about nutella. He missed the Day 2 vote.

~~~

Things Spacedaisy said to/about nutella:
Spacedaisy wrote:Ok, I'm uncomfortable with all these candidates. Of all of them LC is the only one I had any slight suspicion of, but he wouldn't even have made my list. But I feel even less suspect of the other leading candidates. In particular Nutella, I'm not seeing baddie Nutella, though she could be fooling me I suppose. Anyway, I guess I'm voting LC.

Vote: Long Con
Daisy has already caught a lot of flak for this one. It's not a great look, I'll agree.

~~~

Vompatti said nothing to/about nutella.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scumpatti?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 173

Post by DrWilgy »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Scumpatti?
No, it's pastrami.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I would lynch Vompatti. It's rare that anybody says so.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

LOL Spaced.. put in an airlock and blown out.

In this case "Lynched".
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

A quick and dirty peek at my notes points me to these conclusions:

POSSIBLY MAFIA
DFaraday
Glorfindel
Long Con
LoRab
Metalmarsh89
Sig
SokothQultuq
Spacedaisy

NEUTRAL READ
a2thezebra
bea
Black Rock
JaggedJimmyJay
juliets
Nerolunar
Polo
Ricochet
Scotty

POSSIBLY CIVVIE
DrumBeats
Epignosis
Matt
ObscureAllure
S~V~S
Silverwolf

NO READ YET
DrWilgy
Vompatti

LoRab is still high sus due to my default sus of her. LC and MM both feel like they're up to something. Sig got strange Day 2. Otherwise, the rest are giving me Lazy Rotten Deborah vibes. Sokoth needs to start producing.

I'll try to sort out a ranking to my sus list in the morning.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

D2

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Interesting suspicions.

So far I'm somewhat convinced based on what I've seen and observed of people that I feel
Glorfindel
Long Con
Sig
JaggedJimmyJay
might fit into the baddie department based on some of the conversations that have been had. Some are more willing to help than others. Avoid certain subjects or knee jerk on some.

I agree that these might be
Silverwolf
Epignosis
are the only two that I'm certain are not of the bad variety.
There are a couple of things that Silverwolf said that rang in my mind that guide me to the heart of her character. And we know who Epi is so that helps with my decision.

Granted I'm new but that's what I'm seeing.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

SokothQultuq wrote:Interesting suspicions.

So far I'm somewhat convinced based on what I've seen and observed of people that I feel
Glorfindel
Long Con
Sig
JaggedJimmyJay
might fit into the baddie department based on some of the conversations that have been had. Some are more willing to help than others. Avoid certain subjects or knee jerk on some.
Could you please explain all of these reads individually? I'd like to know why you find all four of these names suspicious independent of one another, beyond the blanket sentences you've provided at the bottom here.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 197

Post by Glorfindel »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
SokothQultuq wrote:Interesting suspicions.

Glorfindel
Long Con
Sig
JaggedJimmyJay
Could you please explain all of these reads individually? I'd like to know why you find all four of these names suspicious independent of one another, beyond the blanket sentences you've provided at the bottom here.
Yeah, I've got to agree with 3J here. I'm Town, I now believe that I was wrong about LC, I am pretty confident Sig is Town and I've not observed any reason to suspect JaggedJimmy. You, however are a different case as that last sentence is one of the most stark cases of the pot calling the kettle black I've witnessed in a very long time...
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.

Return to “Previous Jobs”