Golden
33%

Total votes: 15
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 382

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Three

Post by a2thezebra »

Poor wording? It's not worthy of a policy lynch because of poor wording. What you said is what you meant.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

a2thezebra wrote:Poor wording? It's not worthy of a policy lynch because of poor wording. What you said is what you meant.
What I meant was that you voted for me based on a difference in play style, which you won't even consider being a different game strategy than your own, and not indicative of alliance. You decided that answering direct accusations with direct comments to specific points is suspicious. While I posted that it's how I always answer accusations, you would not entertain the idea that lots of players answer direct points and direct questions.

So, yeah, you voted based on your own ideas, without considering that you might be wrong. You decided that you were voting for me before you even posted about it. So, yeah, I'd rather you vote for me early than my have to waste my time arguing with you when you are going to stubbornly stick to your false assumptions.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

"You decided that you were voting for me before you even posted about it."

Is this uncommon?
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

a2thezebra wrote:"You decided that you were voting for me before you even posted about it."

Is this uncommon?
I think it's more common that someone states a suspicion, waits for a response, and then decides their vote.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

That sounds very counterproductive.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

a2thezebra wrote:That sounds very counterproductive.
The way you describe sounds counterproductive to me. So, again, different ways of playing.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I was joking.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

I dunno, I am usually a "watcher"; I get suspicious and i watch someone. If they don't make me feel better,or actively make me feel worse, that is when I mention it. I never understood people flinging around suspicions 5 minutes after day one starts. That just makes the people you suspect be more careful. If you don't tell them they get sloppy.

The majority of the time, for me,at least, by the time I mention a name, without artificial pressure, I am pretty convinced.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 197

Post by Glorfindel »

SokothQultuq wrote:Seems a running theme that I'm bad. I realize that some of my posting was vague lately but that can be me. You'll find out as you come to know me. LOL

Postby JaggedJimmyJay » Sat May 14, 2016 9:59 pm

SokothQultuq wrote:
Interesting suspicions.

So far I'm somewhat convinced based on what I've seen and observed of people that I feel
Glorfindel
Long Con
Sig
JaggedJimmyJay
might fit into the baddie department based on some of the conversations that have been had. Some are more willing to help than others. Avoid certain subjects or knee jerk on some.

Could you please explain all of these reads individually? I'd like to know why you find all four of these names suspicious independent of one another, beyond the blanket sentences you've provided at the bottom here.

=================================================================================

Glorfindel - Actually your comment following up with my post pushes me toward believing that you could be a Baddie as your knee jerk reaction to my accusation. You failed to provide any substantial evidence to support the fact that you might be town but instead Knee Jerked with essentially "No I'm not, you are!" in this case. Call it a case of fishing to see what your reaction might be. And you reacted nicely. I thank you for that. Usually someone who is innocent of something does not immediately run in and start throwing around counter accusations.
An accusation, you say? You come in out of the blue and throw around accusations at a bunch of players with no case to back up against your accusations against any of them (because frankly there is none) and what do want us to make from that? I actually don't think you're Mafia - I can't see any Mafia Team member being that disingenuous.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

I'm too tired to stay much longer. Is there any interest in Nero as a potential nutella teamie?
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 95

Post by SokothQultuq »

Glorfindel wrote:
SokothQultuq wrote:Seems a running theme that I'm bad. I realize that some of my posting was vague lately but that can be me. You'll find out as you come to know me. LOL

Postby JaggedJimmyJay » Sat May 14, 2016 9:59 pm

SokothQultuq wrote:
Interesting suspicions.

So far I'm somewhat convinced based on what I've seen and observed of people that I feel
Glorfindel
Long Con
Sig
JaggedJimmyJay
might fit into the baddie department based on some of the conversations that have been had. Some are more willing to help than others. Avoid certain subjects or knee jerk on some.

Could you please explain all of these reads individually? I'd like to know why you find all four of these names suspicious independent of one another, beyond the blanket sentences you've provided at the bottom here.

=================================================================================

Glorfindel - Actually your comment following up with my post pushes me toward believing that you could be a Baddie as your knee jerk reaction to my accusation. You failed to provide any substantial evidence to support the fact that you might be town but instead Knee Jerked with essentially "No I'm not, you are!" in this case. Call it a case of fishing to see what your reaction might be. And you reacted nicely. I thank you for that. Usually someone who is innocent of something does not immediately run in and start throwing around counter accusations.
An accusation, you say? You come in out of the blue and throw around accusations at a bunch of players with no case to back up against your accusations against any of them (because frankly there is none) and what do want us to make from that? I actually don't think you're Mafia - I can't see any Mafia Team member being that disingenuous.
Seems were both not winning any brownie points with one another. Your reaction is still the same. Convince me your not bad? You may be right, perhaps I am a "Good Guy" and I appreciate the vote of confidence. But you've given me no reason not to suspect that you might be otherwise. And your reaction continues to feed my suspicion. Why should I not consider you possible a Cylon agent?
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

Ricochet wrote:I'm too tired to stay much longer. Is there any interest in Nero as a potential nutella teamie?
Apparently not.

LoRab
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Ricochet wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I'm too tired to stay much longer. Is there any interest in Nero as a potential nutella teamie?
Apparently not.

LoRab
My suspicion hasn't had others jump on, so I'm going to go ahead and vote for the bandwagon. Nice.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 287

Post by sig »

juliets wrote:ok, I will go back to deciding who I'm going to vote for. I'm not at all happy with sig's attitude towards epi and he hasn't answered the question I put out there this afternoon and I have a bad gut feeling so he may be my vote today. He also didn't see anything bad in nutella. I want to see what G-Man has to say about Glorfindel but I can't say I have noticed anything I would consider bad. I could have easily missed something though. For those who think sig is town what are you seeing?

linki
What questions? All I remember you asking was if I was really busy which I answered?

Also I don't see what at that time was wrong with my epi view. I've since evolved after doing some independent lore reading and a skim of his posts, but I don't see what was wrong with me suspecting him.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Ricochet wrote: sig
- liked JJJ's case on LC, but then made no final commitment to lynch Long Con
- found zero validity in lynching nutella
- votes Epignosis, based on Long Con connection (and on obstinately wanting Epignosis lynched)
- lobbies hard for Epignosis to develop into a lynch wagon
~ is pinged by Daisy's stance on nutella and on the last players to vote nutella
~ keeps on drumming on Epignosis being lynched

I find evidence to be not favorable to sig, but I can't put a final finger on what would profile him as a certain teammate. He had all the right preparation to wagon on Long Con. Did he get scared of being too obvious of a counter-wagoner (if indeed nutella's teammate)? His Epignosis vote only makes sense if you count his obstinancy in Epig needing to be lynched. I'm not sure how to interpret him berating Daisy for defending nutella. It could be a cover-up, it could be a genuine ping, but it is also contradictory to him not finding nutella lynchworthy himself.
So the issue I had with Daisy is that I didn't like the way she did it. It was very on the fence type of defense. Unlike what I did, I flat out said I'd rather she didn't get lynched since I didn't see the case.

I like I think it was 3J case on Nero and his reactions around nutella was odd, I could place my vote there.

What is the case on Lorab?
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

Lorab, I falsely suspected you a long time in Yorkshire. I told you to quit defending yourself and get on the offensive. Maybe we can try that again. Who is it you want dead and why?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

LoRab, it really did feel like a save the other day. And you felt the "save-iest". It sucks if that was not the case, but you can't blame people for feeling that way.

I have people coming over for GOT shortly, so I may or may not be back before the poll ends. I missed a vote in the other game, don't want to miss one here.

*Vote LoRab*
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 11

Post by DFaraday »

I'm glad other people think Lorab was part of a save attempt.

*votes Lorab*
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 11

Post by DFaraday »

Sorry: votes Lorab
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Epignosis wrote:Lorab, I falsely suspected you a long time in Yorkshire. I told you to quit defending yourself and get on the offensive. Maybe we can try that again. Who is it you want dead and why?
i still suspect LC, although less than before because BR doesn't seem to suspect him. Bea's posts yesterday really did raise alarm. I'm waiting to hear her response to determine how deep that suspicion is. The other names that have come up are either vague suspish to neutral.
S~V~S wrote:LoRab, it really did feel like a save the other day. And you felt the "save-iest". It sucks if that was not the case, but you can't blame people for feeling that way.

I have people coming over for GOT shortly, so I may or may not be back before the poll ends. I missed a vote in the other game, don't want to miss one here.

*Vote LoRab*
It was not the case. But, yeah, I totally get why people are suspecting me. And that they're seeing the connection and not remembering that buddying up with a teammate isn't my MO. And that there's a bunch of things that make me look bad. But I'm not bad. Frustrating that no one is seeing that.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

This will probably be my only opportunity to vote tonight

LoRab
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

sig here is the question I put out this afternoon. If you answered it tell me so and I'll look at your posts but I've been watching and haven't seen an answer go by.
juliets wrote:sig, this has been bugging me for a while now and I need to ask you about it. A while back you posted two posts in a row. The first said:
sig wrote:I don't think the humans need to kill all the cylons
and then you said
sig wrote:I think we should lynch them. :P

starting with Epi a cylon who is outed.
So this seems to say "all cylons are not bad"
and then say "but I think we should lynch them starting with Epi who is a cylon".

Is that what these two posts mean? Because if so I'm confused. I'm thinking I may have misread it though.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

A preface is in order to understand where I'm coming from.

I don't usually look for teammate behavior until I have vote data pointing me in that direction. I also don't track people's meta because I've never been the best at it. When looking at Nutella, I saw individual behavior that looked bad to me. My theory on Glorfindel is built around similar observations.

Check out his post history.

His first four posts include the following:
-Whoops I missed the start of the game
-Whoops I didn't read the rules
-A slight civ vibe based on skim reading
-A funny post of no substance
-Whoops I missed the vote

Then two mechanics related posts, and an "I'm catching up (43 pages in) but totally lost" post, lowering our expectations for Day 2.

On Day 2, we get:
-a post where he says he feels good about Matt and Zebra
-a mechanics related post on Toaster allegiance
-another mechanics post
-an oy, complicated show lore + complicated game mechanics = headache post
-another mechanics post
-a big long post where he hands out some civ reads but comes up empty on suspicions

Then there is the post where he says he finds it hard to take IAWY seriously without explaining what that means. Does he think IAWY is bad or just acting differently?

Then a "don't call me a slacker" kind of post responding to my LRD vibe pickup. He says he's trying but it's hard but he's not very good at the whole forming baddie reads.

Then he takes two posts to help DrWilgy sort out what thoughts were about IAWY to help him better understand the situation he's walking into. Helpful for Wilgy but not the big picture.

He says he thinks LC might be trying to get lynched (agreeing with SVS) but that LC's sortie hijack makes him as unhelpful civvie at best and mafia at worst.

He votes Long Con Day 2 for "reasons already stated" but his prior post didn't even label LC as suspicious. He just viewed him as a liability to the civvies. The way he worded it is shady because, rather than restate his reasons, he puts it on the reader to go back and find his reasons on their own. Because, you know, it's easy to remember the mild suspicions of a quietish player in a game with 2,500 posts.

When Silverwolf presses him for justification of his vote during Night 2, he finds a handful of detailed points that made it a reasonable choice for him. Where was all this info when he cast his vote? Nowhere. When he voted, he said "reasons already stated," which alluded to a post that only covered maybe two out of the five points he unloaded at night.

Then you've got a bunch of empty banter and trying to pitch in with the sorties overnight and into Day 3.

Later there is a post where he agrees with JJJ, calls a few people civ, and throwing shade at Sokoth without committing to calling him sus. Then a post defending sig, a post clarifying his stance on mechanics, and a post where he thinks something JJJ proves his point about either sig or mechanics (I'm not sure which).

He apologizes to LC for his vote and lists a few players he thinks LC is wrong about. Finally he chastises Sokoth for finally forming some opinions because Sokoth takes aim at Glorfindel for what looks like a hasty "NO U" reaction.

Early on, he sounds like someone trying to figure out game mechanics but he focuses solely on Toaster mechanics. There's the complete lack of calling anyone suspicious three days into the game. Fluff banter to look helpful and pad that post count too.

Any one of these on their own would seem harmless but all three of them combined sets off alarms in my brain. Asking questions and discussing no -suspicion related issues without the willingness to put some skin in the game just feels wrong.

Does any of this sound reasonable or am I working up another Keyser Soze?
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

OK. I'm tired. And I might fall asleep (and I'll add in that I might not). And I see that I'm getting votes. And I want to wait until later to vote. And I know I don't want to die. And I know I don't want a false lynch. And I know I want this lynched to be focus on a baddie being lynched. And I don't want the civs wasting time talking about a suspect that isn't actually bad.

So, I'll just do this now and tell you that I'm a cylon. I'm not bad. I swear it. I have no connection to LA and have not in this game. I'm not bad. I'm on the civ side.

Please discuss me after this lynch. But now that you can't lynch me, please discuss suspects that might actually be bad.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

LoRab wrote:OK. I'm tired. And I might fall asleep (and I'll add in that I might not). And I see that I'm getting votes. And I want to wait until later to vote. And I know I don't want to die. And I know I don't want a false lynch. And I know I want this lynched to be focus on a baddie being lynched. And I don't want the civs wasting time talking about a suspect that isn't actually bad.

So, I'll just do this now and tell you that I'm a cylon. I'm not bad. I swear it. I have no connection to LA and have not in this game. I'm not bad. I'm on the civ side.

Please discuss me after this lynch. But now that you can't lynch me, please discuss suspects that might actually be bad.
:ponder:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Lynching Lorab would confirm her claim one way or the other. The alternative is to assume Lorab is bad and pour through nutella's and Lorab's interactions to determine another teammate.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

Apologies for the lateness of my Glorf case. It was my night to feed dinner to the baby and she's got a cold. Lots of fussing with dinner and some scary gaspings for air while I worked that post up. Looks like we'll be sucking snot out of her nose often tonight. Ah the joys of parenting. :rolleyes:

Linki: holy crapweasels!
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I can't seem to ever read Lorab, but she could be mafia this game. I can't quite recall her doing anything very pingy besides voting for LC over nutella. So I could see it, but I'm unsure.
I think it's more likely Nero or Daisy are mafia based around their stances on nutella.

linki: @juliets the second post was me being cheeky which is why I put the emoticon. I was still at that point considering an Epi lynch though now I've changed my mind.

Good points Gman, I'd need to think about it Glorfindel isn't being his usual very civvie self, but doesn't seem to be very scummy either. Though he has been more lurkery this game.

linki 2: @Epi we can't lynch her today due to the Presidents law. However, her claiming is odd though she says she isn't a member of the mafia team so idk.
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Epignosis wrote:Lynching Lorab would confirm her claim one way or the other. The alternative is to assume Lorab is bad and pour through nutella's and Lorab's interactions to determine another teammate.
It's a catch 22, though. Because I won't be lynched (due to the president's latest rule). So, either you don't believe it, in which case you think I'm human, which most people seem to assume means civ (even though I don't think that's true--just as I know there are good cylons, I believe there are bad humans). Or, I'm telling the truth and I won't be lynched--so you might as well talk about other suspects during the next 3 hours. I want to see a baddie lynched. It's why I did this now. Let's figure out who is actually bad.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Epignosis wrote:Lynching Lorab would confirm her claim one way or the other. The alternative is to assume Lorab is bad and pour through nutella's and Lorab's interactions to determine another teammate.
This sounds like a better plan to me, her interaction around Nutella's lynch was odd, and that combined with her being a cylon is troublesome.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

LoRab wrote:
It's a catch 22, though. Because I won't be lynched (due to the president's latest rule). So, either you don't believe it, in which case you think I'm human, which most people seem to assume means civ (even though I don't think that's true--just as I know there are good cylons, I believe there are bad humans). Or, I'm telling the truth and I won't be lynched--so you might as well talk about other suspects during the next 3 hours. I want to see a baddie lynched. It's why I did this now. Let's figure out who is actually bad.
This is decidedly not a catch-22.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Hi Glorf can you answer Gman's case on you?
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 425
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I would support a Glorf lynch. Rico, sig, JJJ, Glorf, S~V~S. That's my current Legion of Doom.

I'm surprised at the Lorab train picking up so much steam suddenly. I hope she's someone I need dead to win! :haha: :srsnod: :grin:
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Epignosis wrote:
LoRab wrote:
This is decidedly not a catch-22.
Somewhat. But by calling it one, it makes you wonder if I'm actually crazy or just pretending to be crazy, for the sake of what is right, in this case the greater good of the civ cause...so it kind of is exactly a catch 22.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote:I would support a Glorf lynch. Rico, sig, JJJ, Glorf, S~V~S. That's my current Legion of Doom.

I'm surprised at the Lorab train picking up so much steam suddenly. I hope she's someone I need dead to win! :haha: :srsnod: :grin:
Oh,lol, now I am one of the baddies? Gotcha ;) I bet you need everyone dead to win.

Golden, are we allowed to revote in the thread?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Linki @LoRab, I think we found our good Cylon, Based on what I read on the rest, none of them seem very human friendly.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Distill this down to its fundamental mechanics:

There is a Mafia member who cannot be lynched the first Day, but can be lynched after.

Do you burn the lynch on the first Day, or do you search for a teammate and lynch the Mafia member on the second Day?

Or is Lorab a deceitful traitor?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Thats why I want to know if we can move votes. I think she is lying, she is sooper good at it.

But I will be AFK in about 2 minutes, so may not be able to revote, although I will try to pop in. But yeah, I gotta get offline, my friends already think I am rude/crazy ha ha.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:
Long Con wrote:I would support a Glorf lynch. Rico, sig, JJJ, Glorf, S~V~S. That's my current Legion of Doom.

Oh,lol, now I am one of the baddies? Gotcha ;) I bet you need everyone dead to win.

Golden, are we allowed to revote in the thread?
No. Votes for LoRab are still votes for LoRab, regardless of whether or not she is immune.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:Thats why I want to know if we can move votes. I think she is lying, she is sooper good at it.

But I will be AFK in about 2 minutes, so may not be able to revote, although I will try to pop in. But yeah, I gotta get offline, my friends already think I am rude/crazy ha ha.
If you think she is lying, why would you want to vote elsewhere?
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Black Rock »

So say we all.
LoRab wrote:OK. I'm tired. And I might fall asleep (and I'll add in that I might not). And I see that I'm getting votes. And I want to wait until later to vote. And I know I don't want to die. And I know I don't want a false lynch. And I know I want this lynched to be focus on a baddie being lynched. And I don't want the civs wasting time talking about a suspect that isn't actually bad.

I don't know if I can believe you are a good Cylon.
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

S~V~S wrote:Linki @LoRab, I think we found our good Cylon, Based on what I read on the rest, none of them seem very human friendly.
I don't know the show, but I assure you that in the game, I am not a baddie.
Epignosis wrote:Distill this down to its fundamental mechanics:

There is a Mafia member who cannot be lynched the first Day, but can be lynched after.

Do you burn the lynch on the first Day, or do you search for a teammate and lynch the Mafia member on the second Day?

I hope that mafia are found because of my inability to be lynched That's why I did it. I'm not bad, so I want the lynch to focus on finding those who are.

I'm not a traitor to anyone.

@SVS: But that's just it. You think I'm lying. Which would make me human. If you believe that human equals good and cylon equals bad, then your assumption that I'm lying means that you think I'm civ.

I'm telling the truth. I've told the truth this entire game. I'm sure many won't believe me, but if I have the most lynch votes, you'll see that I'm telling the truth now.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I have no idea what to do now. sig has convinced me to back off him at the moment and I can't go to Lorab as a second choice. G-Man's case was pretty good but I need to see Glorfindel's response.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Black Rock wrote:So say we all.

I don't know if I can believe you are a good Cylon.
i have no way of proving it. But I am telling the truth, for what it's worth. i'm not bad.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

LoRab wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Linki @LoRab, I think we found our good Cylon, Based on what I read on the rest, none of them seem very human friendly.

I hope that mafia are found because of my inability to be lynched That's why I did it. I'm not bad, so I want the lynch to focus on finding those who are.

@SVS: But that's just it. You think I'm lying. Which would make me human. If you believe that human equals good and cylon equals bad, then your assumption that I'm lying means that you think I'm civ.

I'm telling the truth. I've told the truth this entire game. I'm sure many won't believe me, but if I have the most lynch votes, you'll see that I'm telling the truth now.
No. You're trying to play both sides of the coin. If you are lying, you are a human, and then you resort to an if-then statement. If you are telling the truth, then you are a Cylon and according to your if-then statement, you are bad.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I believe Lorab is indeed a Cylon and a bad one. I am in favor of lynching a secondary foe at this point.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'll do a quick read through of Lorab's posts under the assumption she is bad, and tell you what I think, but I am hosting in five.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Thats why I want to know if we can move votes. I think she is lying, she is sooper good at it.

If you think she is lying, why would you want to vote elsewhere?
I don't think she's lying about being a cylon, why would anyone do that?

I think she is lying about being a townie cylon. I think she is a cylon, just not a good one. I think she is lying about being civvie.

BYE!! Stop drawingmeback in, damned internet game... :disappoint:
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 197

Post by Glorfindel »

G-Man wrote:Finally he chastises Sokoth for finally forming some opinions because Sokoth takes aim at Glorfindel for what looks like a hasty "NO U" reaction.
Is that REALLY how you see that exchange my friend? I was chastising 'Sokoth' for precisely the opposite - I don't consider random, unsubstantiated accusations 'opinions'. I seriously doubt that anyone else here would. I AM genuinely trying to figure out this game and although I may be 'tinfoiling' for the first time I seriously think there is more to this game than the simplistic black and white view some people have adopted. Personally, I think what you've painted there is a pretty flimsy case almost rivaling the 'Two Face' accusation leveled at me in my last game here. Nonetheless, if that's the best you can do in finding a Mafia Team member, good for you.

One thing that has concerned me for some time time now is my initial exchange with IAWY. As I stated in the Sign-up thread, he was the reason I even signed up for this game. In the last game we played together, I defended him from the 'get go'. Given our history together, I find it extraordinary that he would make an accusation against me Day 1 like he did. After Dr Wilgy replaced him, gave him the benefit of the doubt and have heard practically nothing since. Then there was the exchange between IAWY and Magnus (Nerolunar). In retrospect, the whole 'No, you!' exchange doesn't really look as convincing as it did at the time. Distancing, perhaps... :shrug:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Epignosis wrote:
LoRab wrote:

No. You're trying to play both sides of the coin. If you are lying, you are a human, and then you resort to an if-then statement. If you are telling the truth, then you are a Cylon and according to your if-then statement, you are bad.
I am cylon and civ. Like I believe you are. The statement doesn't change based on what assumptions one is making from it. I'm telling the truth.

What I was trying to say in my post is if that is one is being accusational in a post about their thinking I am lying, then they are saying that they think I'm lying about being cylon. And most of those posts have seemed to be under the assumption that cylon equals bad

Few have admitted that there are likely baddie humans. IF the very least of my outing my cylonness is that people recognize that they have actually already accepted that possibility, then my death will have purpose.

linkitis: @SVS: I get that. But I'm telling the truth. But maybe this can lead to baddies being found. And even if you don't believe my result if I'm lynched in a future round, but you'll know that I'm right post-game.

Return to “Previous Jobs”