33%

Total votes: 15
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Six

Post by Epignosis »

ObscureAllure wrote:I said Wigly's a cylon and you said "certain yet again"
And I said yes, because he said that he's a good cylon. He admits to being a cylon.
ObscureAllure wrote:So what viands happened was...

I anyone willing to host fingersplints GTH style game with people giving their top three suspects and wh they plan to vote for today?
So your ass got punished in the middle of the Day...again?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

Epignosis wrote:So your ass got punished in the middle of the Day...again?
Some people yeild never learn.
sponginess you willing Rahl gimlet epacme GTH?
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I don't understand the doom and gloom from some people.

There has been one- ONE- undeniably bad lynch this game (because I got it going, of course :mafia: ).

Day 1 was me. Day 2 was nutella. Day 3 was Nerolunar. Day 4 was Lorab. Day 5 was Long Con.

There was also a missing Night kill.

If things are balanced, those are great fucking odds. So quit with the doom and gloom nonsense of "Oh, we're going to lose if this happens" or "We're going to lose if you are good."

Please.

Pull your head captains out of your rear admirals.
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

Epignosis wrote:I don't understand the doom and gloom from some people.

There has been one- ONE- undeniably bad lynch this game (because I got it going, of course :mafia: ).

Day 1 was me. Day 2 was nutella. Day 3 was Nerolunar. Day 4 was Lorab. Day 5 was Long Con.

If things are balanced, those are great fucking odds. So quit with the doom and gloom nonsense of "Oh, we're going to lose if this happens" or "We're going to lose if you are good."

Please.

Although I do very much Elohin agree with you, I antisocial bilboes like the most likely answer to the numbers ratio is that there are either two mafia or a recruiting Keys11tybillion AceofSpaces the one mafia. So although we have astounding results so far, I feel it would be foolish to assume that we fisc calculating there.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Glorfindel still stinks to me. The guy just came in here and announced that he had some suspicions but would come back to tell us later.
Glorfindel wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:He's a cylon so if he claims our number two (should be Wigly) dies and if he doesn't claim then Glor dies. Either way we have a mafia.
You're wrong on both counts. Neither Wilgy nor Glorfindel will be a successful lynch regardless of whether or not either or both of them claim.

We will get nothing if we lynch either of them. Nothing. Except the game might be over faster.
You are wrong. Wilgy and Glorf are cylons. What are the odds they are both good? Especially if I'm to believe Wilgy is good, then Glorf is almost certainly not. So yes, Glorf needs to claim or die. He needs to tell me straight up why he isn't claiming if he chooses not to. Glorf is hiding among the nonclaimers and we need to get him out.

This is really very simple and if you still don't get it, then I'm not wasting time explaining it again to you. I'm hoping others will see it and vote accordingly.
SilverWolf - I have been honest, open and entirely transparent with you all about my alignment all game. I have indicated both directly and indirectly where my loyalties lie. If that doesn't satisfy you, then that is your problem, not mine.
You're defending yourself again. Losing points.
No, my friend I am not defending. There is a subtle difference between defending and answering a legitimate question (or blatant threat if one could be forgiven for interpreting it that way). Please don't worry I am at work at the moment and will post what you asked at lunch time (hopefully). I've looked at the DrWilgy case and have a new perspective on that (I'm inclined to move him over to a mild Town-lean) and I will give you my Mafia suspects then. Thank you in advance for your patience.
He's at work. Very well, but that's an entire paragraph. It would not have taken much more time or effort to name names.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

ObscureAllure wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I don't understand the doom and gloom from some people.

Please.

Although I do very much Elohin agree with you, I antisocial bilboes like the most likely answer to the numbers ratio is that there are either two mafia or a recruiting Keys11tybillion AceofSpaces the one mafia. So although we have astounding results so far, I feel it would be foolish to assume that we fisc calculating there.
Either LC spelled my wife's username incorrectly or you are faking. :meany:
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

Glorfindel's posts seem to be full of words but devoid of content.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Polo wrote:Glorfindel's posts seem to be full of words but devoid of content.
I'd use a stronger verb than "seem."
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 197

Post by Glorfindel »

Epignosis wrote:
Pot calling the kettle black if ever there was...
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 173

Post by DrWilgy »

OA is ignoring me ;__;
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The same topics have been gone over so many times.

Let's discuss two different people:

Black Rock
DrumBeats

I am still not sure what Black Rock was trying to do leaping on S~V~S like she did when Long Con was human awfulness.

With DrumBeats:
DrumBeats wrote:
Polo wrote:I see that some people, notably sig and Zebra, have shown adamant intent on voting me today. I have a couple of questions for you:

1) Don't you think that if I were mafia and buddies with DrWilgy, I would have rather warned him about the mispell on BTSC chat and hide from any suspicion whatsoever?
2) If, in fact, Wilgy only got immune because of the correct spelling AND he's really mafia, does that make me more of a baddie than he and therefore I should be the one getting lynched instead of the confirmed Cylon?

There's some food for thought.
No, but the way you instantly jumped in with "He's Capricia Six" makes me suspect you hard. Especially if he actually flips Capricia Six, which you would know he was if you were mafia.

Wilgy is the obvious lynch choice here guys. If you want to throw Glorf in front to bait a claim that's fine, but Wigly needs to at least be second for the following reasons:

1) He is a nonconfirmed cylon. So many people have cleared him based on speculation that he is Cap Six, but the statistic odds that he is are slim. Additionally, his lynch was due to scummy behavior in the first place, how does that translate into he's clearly Six?

2) Should he somehow flip Six, we get a ton of information out of it. We will know that there are no more town-aligned cylons left other than Epig, which will help us to not deal with this again. And we will be able to reasonably concluded that Polo is likely mafia for reasons stated above.

Wilgy should be today's lynch and Sig should be tomorrow's. We can set up claim baits over top of them, but the end goal should be lynching these two.

Glorf, if you are not a cylon, you will claim cylon right now to not detract us from the Wilgy lynch. Anything else from you at this point is extremely antitown behavior.
That huge bit- doesn't it work both ways? If DrumBeats knows Wilgy's role, then he is setting Polo up.

1) I don't know what "nonconfirmed Cylon" means. However, this is pushing a DrWilgy lynch based on old evidence and dismissing new evidence ("Bah, he can't be 6 because statistics, see? But look, it was his scummy behavior what got him lynched the first time anyways, see?").

2) Again, DrumBeats is playing both sides of the coin. He wants to lynch Wilgy on the basis of obtaining information. His #2 says "If my #1 is wrong, see, it's still okay, because we learn stuff." And how does he presume to know anything about who is a "town-aligned Cylon" or how many of those there are? Regarding Polo: If Polo is wrong about DrWilgy being 6, then DrumBeats suspects him, but DrumBeats ESPECIALLY suspects him if Polo is right. There's no wiggle room because of that word "especially" employed earlier.

DrumBeats ends his post with a warning (?) against Glorfindel.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Glorfindel wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Pot calling the kettle black if ever there was...
My posts are devoid of content?
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 310

Post by Silverwolf »

Exactly

I'm feeling feverish again and will be laying down for the rest on the night.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day One

Post by Epignosis »

Glorfindel wrote:
sig wrote:@Glorfindel you came in, made a post then poof. :(

Current thoughts on the game?
So Say We All

Yeah, I thought it was important to check in (without reading the rules carefully first) - nothing like starting the game screwed from your first post... :mad:

From what I (skim) read I feel happy so far about Zebs (I wonder if I've developed some skill in reading her now given our rocky start). There's a lot of players here I've not encountered before which is something of a challenge. I thought Matt's remark about the different coloured font in the profiles of our Cylon friends was interesting. I'd not noticed that's til he mentioned it. What if anything that is indicative of I have absolutely no clue. I notice my friend IAWY hasn't posted yet :(

Oh, and congratulations on the Ambassador thing. To be honest, this site has no more passionate and insistent promoter than you.
This is Glorfindel's second post.

If you begin with zebra's post prior to this:
a2thezebra wrote:I find it most unusual.
...and if you work backwards, you will see that there is no basis in the thread for Glorfindel to think zebra is good or to even think he has developed some special skill involving zebra.

I bring this up because zebra adamantly defended Glorfindel, and there's no way Glorfindel has enough experience with a2thezebra to have that puzzle solved Day 1.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

All of that raises this question: Does rabbit8 and Glorfindel have BTSC or some opening advantage with regard to each others' roles?
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

Epignosis wrote:Either LC spelled my wife's username incorrectly or you are faking. :meany:
:omg: Ya fake uhuh wtf
DrWilgy wrote:OA is ignoring me ;__;
Ignoring you? You've said nothing of substance this entire game. You're a spinney who luteous trying Captain Jack Harkness he can to turn suspicion on to me. Why would I give bilboes the time of day? nostology don't owe you anything.

LINKI: At the start keenness the game, G-Man executed trusted Zebra. Now, I think osmanli Zebra was either really good osteopathist hiding sliky alignment or was recruited. bea I think they are teammates.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

So say we all. (A lot of posts from Golden back there. Thought I'd throw that in for insurance)
Epignosis wrote:
I hear you.

As for Black Rock, I'm curious to hear more from her. Any time an accuser goes back a long way with the accused, I can't help but perk my ears up. It happened after SVS seemed to waffle on one or two stances.

DrumBeats fell out of my civ reads for his bizarre advocation to put Nero ahead of LoRab Day 3. That defied the whole purpose of squeezing a claim out of LoRab while she was on top.

I think 'nonconfirmed Cylon' might mean a Cylon of undetermined alignment. That would be my guess at least. And to be picky, it should be 'unconfirmed' and not 'nonconfirmed.' I can see your angle on putting Polo in a lose-lose situation. Drum feels quiet overall, probably because he disappears for longish stretches of time. I'm not really one to condemn anyone for that though.

Linki: :ponder:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Another link: :confused:

Can you run that through the insanifier again so we can piece that together better, OA?
My Banners:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

rabbit8's response to 3J would indicate no, there is no opening advantage, by the way.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

I'm curious to know why Drumbeats hasn't voted Wilgy yet, if he's really such an "obvious lynch choice".

Mind you, I have absolutely no way at all of knowing whether Wilgy is Caprica Six or not; I've been guessing folks' humanity/cylonicity and alignment based on their behavior, vote history, attitude towards claiming and any signs of avoiding or attempting to budding with others here. This was how I approached all of the few mafia games I've played and it works most of the time; at least this beats voting by the gut, IMO.

Sometimes, especially during the first few days, this data is not enough and I have to take risks - and I have not, so far, found reasons to be ashamed of correcting Wilgy on his claim, for the results of this correction (if his previous claim attempts were really invalid) were better than accidentally lynching a helpful civ. Instead, we removed a manichaeism-preaching human from the game, and I'm fine with that.

I'm worried about Glorfindel, sig and zebra (now Rabbit8, who needs to join the conversation). Forgive me if I am mistaken, for I haven't paid much attention to this game in the past 3 or so days, but they've been scrubbing each other's backs for a while and attacking most of those who've publicly declared to be suspicious of them. Glorfindel seems especially dangerous and has been rather passive-aggressive towards me since I manifested my concerns about his non-claiming - which later led me to cast a vote on him - and I want whoever is Gaius Baltar (the one with the cylonoscopy power) to see if he's a potential toaster. Let's all hope Gaius is still alive, though.
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

G-Man wrote:Another link: :confused:

Can you run that through the insanifier again so we can piece that together better, OA?
Karma Chameleon you? You've said nothing of nostology this entire epacme. You're a mafia who is trying anything he whap to turn suspicion on to me. Why would significative give you the assagai of DharmaHelper ? Sarah Jane Smith don't anglicize antaphrodisiac lactescence. At the start very the game, I really trusted Zebra. Now, I think that Zebra was either really good arr! hiding her alignment or was recruited. But I think sudorific are teammates.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

ObscureAllure wrote:
G-Man wrote:Another link: :confused:

Karma Chameleon you? You've said nothing of nostology this entire epacme. You're a mafia who is trying anything he whap to turn suspicion on to me. Why would significative give you the assagai of DharmaHelper ? Sarah Jane Smith don't anglicize antaphrodisiac lactescence. At the start very the game, I really trusted Zebra. Now, I think that Zebra was either really good arr! hiding her alignment or was recruited. But I think sudorific are teammates.
my sides
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Alright OA, let me see if I get this straight- Wilgy is a bum and you owe him nothing. He's a dirty mafia trying to turn suspicion on you.

At the start of the game you trusted zebra but that has changed. Now you think she's either been bad all along and just good at hiding it or she was recruited.

Is that about right?
My Banners:
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Why hasn't ObscureAllure claimed yet?
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'll also be more willing to join the heap against Glorfindel if he doesn't give me my suspects. *looks at watch*
Fear not my friend.
I have to fit this into my lunch break but I'll do the best I can for now.

Firstly let me state unequivocally that I believe that the Mafia team this game do have BTSC. If that is true, then they know the truth. Knowing that has allowed them to perpetuate the lie that Cylons = Mafia (or at least anti-Town). I believe this lie has been accepted as truth by a combination of a players who are simply unenlightened to this point or are simply gullible (despite how experienced/smart they are). I do not accept the premise that all of our Cylon friends are Mafia or anti-Town no matter how many of you rage that they are. Anyone who still believes that is being played by an exceptionally devious Mafia team. As evidence of this, one only needs to look to the Cylon Amnesty Act. This Act was passed by our President who I believe did so in order to give them a fighting chance against a Mafia team that she knew would capitalise on the 'anti-Cylon' bigotry that has been such a big feature of this game. Led and/or vigorously supported by the Mafia team, they took full advantage Admiral Cain's martial law, they stripped away this protection and continue to coerce those players who (for whatever reason chose not to) to do so. Given the efficiency with which they achieved this, I dispute the assertion that we're not in a bad place. I believe the situation is dire and potentially about to get a lot worse. I do not believe LoRab was Mafia and I harbour the gravest doubts that Nutella was either.

I strongly suspected there was something up with IAWY from my initial interaction with him and I now know that he was indeed a Cylon. Unlike many of you (as I said earlier) I believe that only a small minority of the Cylons are Mafia and consequently he is more than likely not to be 'bad' Mafia. If you are willing to accept this possibility, it is worth looking at what happened at the end of the last Day phase and the three players who voted for him after his claim. Of these, I never considered Sig to be Mafia this entire game and am still not sold on the theory that he is (although 3J's accusation that he is human Mafia is intriguing).

I had not paid a lot of attention to Black Rock until this point of the game but her actions at the end of the last Day phase has given me pause to look at her more closely. ISOing her, she has less posts than even I. There are frequent references to LC (for understandable reasons) but not as I can see much else. Judged by the same measure that has been applied to me in terms of 'non baddie hunting' I think she comes off worse which in turn, leads me to wonder why I have been such a subject of attention over the course of the last few days. She also said this on Day 2:
Black Rock wrote:My new theory (in my head) is that the Cylon/Human relationship is not so black and white and there will be murderers from both sides. Which means the Mafia team is made up of both. I just don't know which roles.
And then appeared to jump enthusiastically on Admiral Caine's efforts to rid the game of our Cylon friends. I may be corrected on this, but I recall that she was one of the architects of the lynching of both Nutella and LoRab. This all looks rather suspicious to me.

Polo seems to be all over the place to me and the groundswell of support for my lynching has I think been a Godsend for him. It seems that for the first time this past Day phase he's started to take some heat and I notice he's just jumped back on me. I don't trust him one little bit.

Obscure Allure has me very confused. If I'm not misunderstanding him, he's all for Cylon genocide and for everyone to claim - EXCEPT him. He seems (in my opinion) to be alluding to some reason why he alone is exempt and like everyone understands why. I may be silly but I don't understand why...

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night Five

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Let's please stop talking about lynching sig and actually lynch sig.
This is the one.

You appear ready to vote and lynch sig in this post, as opposed to having your options open.

This post was from Night 5.
I do want to lynch sig. I also just put up that huge ISO to show why I want to lynch sig. There should be no doubt that I am in favor of a sig lynch.

I haven't voted yet though. Sure I'm open to other options. That's literally why I'm trying to facilitate meaningful conversation right now.
Hence, me asking you a question about a post you made last night.

Are you riled? I feel that people are getting a little riled when they use the word "literally".

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Epignosis wrote:I bring this up because zebra adamantly defended Glorfindel, and there's no way Glorfindel has enough experience with a2thezebra to have that puzzle solved Day 1.
Says you!

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Glorfindel wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I bring this up because zebra adamantly defended Glorfindel, and there's no way Glorfindel has enough experience with a2thezebra to have that puzzle solved Day 1.
Says you!
Yes...yes, says me.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis, what was the card for?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Epignosis, what was the card for?
Oh, I was just trying to get people to fill out their affiliations, pro-this guy or pro-that guy.

It flopped because nobody did it.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Glorfindel wrote: I had not paid a lot of attention to Black Rock until this point of the game but her actions at the end of the last Day phase has given me pause to look at her more closely. ISOing her, she has less posts than even I.
Ahem. Fewer.
My Banners:
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

G-Man wrote:
Glorfindel wrote: I had not paid a lot of attention to Black Rock until this point of the game but her actions at the end of the last Day phase has given me pause to look at her more closely. ISOing her, she has less posts than even I.
Ahem. Fewer.
Thank you, G-Man :). *Fewer

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Nobody ever thanks me when I correct them.

Bastards.
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 95

Post by SokothQultuq »

Ok, so I promised I would post some of my information. It's not much. You can take it with a grain of salt but here is how i see things.

A2thezebra (F) – No Suspicion Yet, leaning towards Civilian - Sure Seems to Like Glorfindel, fought that earlier Lynch like nobody’s business. Spends a lot of time trying to get Sig Voted. And Vompatti. Is continually repeating “Don’t lynch me because I’m town.” LOL. I like that. I may use that from here on out.

Bea (F) – Not really sure yet.

Black Rock (F) – Not really sure.

Dex – No idea yet. No reason to say bad or good - Was outright against any vote on DrWigly but didn’t really say why only insinuate a “Hunch”. Really wanted to vote for Rico, Glorfindel , and Obscure in the last vote.

Drumbeats - No clue...

DrWigly – Suspect Cylon – Suspicious activity: After spending several posts going over and over the “Claim Thing” at the last minute he drops in and goes all Wishy Washy. First doesn’t wanna claim following the same track that I did quoting Morals I believe it was. Then turns around and at the last Minute… Claims… This didn’t sit well with me.

Epignosis – Cylon – We know this already. We also know that she is “Athena” which by Lore is a good Cylone so I have no Qualms about leaving her alive. So I have no reason to vote for her.

Glorfindel - Leaning towards good – Though some passion behind some of the posts, seems like a straight shooter.

G-Man – Not sure.

JaggedJimmyJay – I’m leaning towards bad. It’s hard to say why but my gut is telling me that 3J is bad. I still have not been able to put my finger on why yet so you can take this one with a grain of salt.

Marmot – Not sure.

Matt – Leaning towards good but not sure yet – Matt has been a force for what seems like the entire game. He’s had his hands in just about everything. Not really as a leader but as a pusher. Often pushes the agenda hard. I’m not so sure that he’s a Cylon but more see him as a Human baddie. If I had to guess his role in the game I would throw out names like Tom Z and Gaius. I can say that most of the agenda’s he’s pushed have been in the right direction for the town as far as I can recall. Though rather pushy about them,

Obscure Allure (F) – Not sure yet. You confuse me a lot. I feel like you go back and forth just over the line both ways. So Its hard to say.

Polo – Leaning towards bad. – Though I appreciate how you tried to help me understand you were overly enthusiastic about it and that makes me feel like you were trying too hard. It leaves me with suspicions and an eye to watch.

Ricochet – You also make me unsure. You too seem to sway back and forth over the line for me so I've not gotten much of a gut feeling on you either.

S~V~S (F) - Huh?

Sig – Leaning Towards Good – Pretty solid posts, I’ve not seen or remember much flippity floppity of the suspicions without explanation. My feeling is that Sig is good.

Silverwolf (F) – Town/Civ – I believe that Silver is a civilian and if one of her earlier claims/outbursts earlier in the game has lead me to believe that she’s a civilian and I believe her to be a specific character. But without prior knowledge of Silver I cannot be certain but I have not seen anything that really pulls my attention toward her being a Cylon or even a Friendly Cylon.

Vompatti - No really sure yet what to think.

Einstein – I got nothing yet.

Like I said, its hard to read people with no prior experience on how they play the game so you know what to look for. I go with my gut a lot and I'm looking for inconcistencies but with all the extra white noise its hard to say if I'm on or not. LOL There you go a small peak into the gold old Crazy Klingons head. ))8-)
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

G-Man wrote:Alright OA, let me see if I get this straight- Wilgy is a bum and you owe him nothing. He's a dirty mafia trying to turn suspicion on you.

At the start of the game you trusted zebra but that has changed. Now you think she's either been bad all along and just good at hiding it or she was recruited.

Is that about right?
:fist:
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

It's really interesting how all of the people I have been suspicious of have been reading the other people I've been suspicious of as good.

I believe that, if I'm lynched, people should make good use of what I just said, along with the publicity of my role, to successfully hunt down the mafia - you guys will know where to look for.

Before anyone quotes this posts and says "Hey, he only said lynched! He's sure he's not getting NK'ed, so he must be Cylon !1!1!!!", be aware that no roles are publicized upon NKs and in that case nobody would know me, which invalidates what I have just suggested.
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 95

Post by SokothQultuq »

Now that I'm all caught up too.. Wow... Some words were had. That was interesting.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

SokothQultuq wrote:Marmot – Not sure.
So say we all.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

Polo wrote:It's really interesting how all of the people I have been suspicious of have been reading the other people I've been suspicious of as good.

I believe that, if I'm lynched, people should make good use of what I just said, along with the publicity of my role, to successfully hunt down the mafia - you guys will know where to look for.

Before anyone quotes this posts and says "Hey, he only said lynched! He's sure he's not getting NK'ed, so he must be Cylon !1!1!!!", be aware that no roles are publicized upon NKs and in that case nobody would know me, which invalidates what I have just suggested.
who sike of saltpeter you
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Epignosis, what was the card for?
Oh, I was just trying to get people to fill out their affiliations, pro-this guy or pro-that guy.

It flopped because nobody did it.
Sounds like you're making flippy-floppy.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Polo wrote:It's really interesting how all of the people I have been suspicious of have been reading the other people I've been suspicious of as good.

Would you want your own death to validate sharing this information?

Also, that's some crap OA and I see little civ intention behind it. Either you are a civ doomed to have the blinds on or scum, both of which aren't good. If my doubling of post count in the past two cycles has no merit for analysis or continued discussion, then I may as well throw you on the pile of players I'd lynch due sinking rock status.

Players I'm cool for lynching: OA, BR, Sig.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Wilgy, what are your GTH reads of everyone?
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

votograph you a cylon?
Do you have BTSC with anyone?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Polo wrote:Wilgy, what are your GTH reads of everyone?
Rabbit - Good
Bea - Good
BR - Bad
Dex - Good
DrumBeats - Good
Epi - Good
Glorf - Bad
G-Man - Good
JJJ - Bad
Marmot - Good
Matt - Good
OA - Bad
Polo - Good
Rico - Good
SVS - Bad
Sig - Bad
Silver - Good
Sokoth - Good
Vompatti - ???
Image Image Image
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

ObscureAllure wrote:
No, you mentioned Wigly. Wigly did that.
This sentence right here
ObscureAllure wrote:He's a cylon so if he claims our number two (should be Wigly) dies and if he doesn't claim then Glor dies. Either way we have a mafia.
makes no sense if you referred
to Dr. Wilgy.

"Wilgy is Cylon
so if he claims number two
(Wilgy!) should then die."

"If he does not claim
then Glorfindel will then
because ... of Wilgy?"

:confused2:

Besides Wilgy can
no longer claim anymore
anyway, so uhm... what?

Busy day today
already heading out, so
catch up afternoon
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Vompatti »

I'm assuming we can vote for zebra/rabbit as normal?
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night Five

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Hence, me asking you a question about a post you made last night.

Are you riled? I feel that people are getting a little riled when they use the word "literally".
I have a bad habit of abusing that word. I'm not riled. I'm not fussed.

What do you think the implications would be if I was "lining up" a sig lynch today?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Glorfindel wrote:I had not paid a lot of attention to Black Rock until this point of the game but her actions at the end of the last Day phase has given me pause to look at her more closely. ISOing her, she has less posts than even I. There are frequent references to LC (for understandable reasons) but not as I can see much else. Judged by the same measure that has been applied to me in terms of 'non baddie hunting' I think she comes off worse which in turn, leads me to wonder why I have been such a subject of attention over the course of the last few days.
That's a why-me defense. A number of people not dedicated much effort to baddie hunting beyond just you. Why should Black Rock's lower post count be a concern over the likes of somelike like Vompatti, for example? Also, what about her references to LC interests you? I don't understand why you mentioned that.

Note for other people: If Glorfindel is bad, I don't think Black Rock is bad with him.
Glorfindel wrote:Polo seems to be all over the place to me and the groundswell of support for my lynching has I think been a Godsend for him. It seems that for the first time this past Day phase he's started to take some heat and I notice he's just jumped back on me. I don't trust him one little bit.
Please illustrate the content in Polo's post history that you feel is "all over the place". I need to see the specific reasoning you're employing to have a better chance at understanding your mindset.
Glorfindel wrote:Obscure Allure has me very confused. If I'm not misunderstanding him, he's all for Cylon genocide and for everyone to claim - EXCEPT him. He seems (in my opinion) to be alluding to some reason why he alone is exempt and like everyone understands why. I may be silly but I don't understand why...
Is this even true? I don't believe OA has advocated cylon genocide in this game. You're right that she hasn't claimed -- she made a pretty big deal about it being a unique problem for her. That can only be believed or not, and I think her effort has been town-inclined at least.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 310

Post by Silverwolf »

I think the fact that Glorfindel is pushing the angle that cylons aren't bad now is very interesting. Hey Glorf? How come you haven't answered my questions about why you didn't claim?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

ObscureAllure wrote:
G-Man wrote:Alright OA, let me see if I get this straight- Wilgy is a bum and you owe him nothing. He's a dirty mafia trying to turn suspicion on you.

Is that about right?
:fist:
Apparently not, unless you're confusing the shaking fist smilie for a fist pump. Respond with smilies: :nicenod: for yes and :suspish: for no.

Is your first paragraph about Wilgy?

Is your second paragraph about zebra?
My Banners:

Return to “Previous Jobs”