Do you deny it?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day 7

Post by G-Man »

As I see no reason not to, vote = Glorfindel

Burning bridges on your way out is considered poor form.

I hope you're not serious about leaving this site. You write very well and I would love to see what a Glorfindel-hosted game looks and reads like. Around here there is a saying, "it's not personal, it's just mafia."
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 197

Post by Glorfindel »

Look, if I've offended you you Epi, I am genuinely sorry and I apologise unreservedly. I am just so frustrated with this, I've let it get to me to the point where I was rude to you. I'm disappointed in myself that I let this get to me and I'm sorry for that.

You can't see what I can and I doubt that you will before this game is over. I suppose I can't really blame you guys, I guess I was just asking too much from you :(
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

Glorfindel wrote:Look, if I've offended you you Epi, I am genuinely sorry and I apologise unreservedly. I am just so frustrated with this, I've let it get to me to the point where I was rude to you. I'm disappointed in myself that I let this get to me and I'm sorry for that.

You can't see what I can and I doubt that you will before this game is over. I suppose I can't really blame you guys, I guess I was just asking too much from you :(
You won't ever offend me. No worries there. I don't consider anything you have said about me an insult.

Hell, you can actually call me stupid, and I won't mind. :)
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

G-Man wrote:As I see no reason not to, vote = Glorfindel

Burning bridges on your way out is considered poor form.

I hope you're not serious about leaving this site. You write very well and I would love to see what a Glorfindel-hosted game looks and reads like. Around here there is a saying, "it's not personal, it's just mafia."
Yeah, G-Man - it was. I deserve that and I'm sorry. It still doesn't change the fact that you are wrong. You never did as I asked, you never even tried to look at what is happening here outside of the narrow belief system that you and others have adopted (largely, I expect as part of a deliberate strategy by our Mafia friends). Like I said, I'm sorry - I asked too much.

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Epignosis wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Look, if I've offended you you Epi, I am genuinely sorry and I apologise unreservedly. I am just so frustrated with this, I've let it get to me to the point where I was rude to you. I'm disappointed in myself that I let this get to me and I'm sorry for that.

You won't ever offend me. No worries there. I don't consider anything you have said about me an insult.

Hell, you can actually call me stupid, and I won't mind. :)
No, it was rude and boorish of me and I'm deeply ashamed that I sunk to that. And no, of course you're not stupid. Please forgive me for having said that :(

Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by Dex »

Glorfindel wrote:
Dex wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Dex, if by 'Cavil faction' (which while I understand why you'd made the assumption that there is one but if you'd been following what I've been saying there is a possibility, however slight, that there may not be) you mean Mafia or any allegiance other than to the Town this game, I can assure you that the answer is an unequivocal 'NO'.
This is, in fact, an equivocal answer. By Cavil faction I do NOT mean mafia or anything about allegiance at all since, strictly speaking, there is no mafia in this game. The term is never used by Goldama. This is how you are currently trying to deny your role while technically not lying about it. Sure, you're not mafia, because there is no mafia. There are sets of compatible and incompatible win conditions - no civs, scum, town, good or bad.
But there is a Cavil faction, and I would like to ask you, please, for an unequivocal yes or no one-word answer: are you part of the Cavil faction?

But I do not expect to get one. Lord-a-mercy, if Glorf escapes lynching today I'm going to need a large dosage of subscription-strength chill pills.
If there is indeed one Dex (and I am utterly unconvinced at your assertion that there is no 'Mafia team' by whatever name you may choose to call it) NO, I am unequivocally not part of it.
That's pretty much the answer I was expecting.
*indiglowing*
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Epignosis wrote:You are Cavil, Doral, or Boomer.

Do you deny it?
If this doesn't get me Modkilled, nothing will...
I know it's too late for me and the damage is done, but PLEASE, TRY to understand me... You are asking THE WRONG QUESTION here... :(

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Dex wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Dex wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Dex, if by 'Cavil faction' (which while I understand why you'd made the assumption that there is one but if you'd been following what I've been saying there is a possibility, however slight, that there may not be) you mean Mafia or any allegiance other than to the Town this game, I can assure you that the answer is an unequivocal 'NO'.
This is, in fact, an equivocal answer. By Cavil faction I do NOT mean mafia or anything about allegiance at all since, strictly speaking, there is no mafia in this game. The term is never used by Goldama. This is how you are currently trying to deny your role while technically not lying about it. Sure, you're not mafia, because there is no mafia. There are sets of compatible and incompatible win conditions - no civs, scum, town, good or bad.
But there is a Cavil faction, and I would like to ask you, please, for an unequivocal yes or no one-word answer: are you part of the Cavil faction?

But I do not expect to get one. Lord-a-mercy, if Glorf escapes lynching today I'm going to need a large dosage of subscription-strength chill pills.
If there is indeed one Dex (and I am utterly unconvinced at your assertion that there is no 'Mafia team' by whatever name you may choose to call it) NO, I am unequivocally not part of it.
Is that so? :ponder:

Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

insertnamehere wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:My patience with you all is at an end :fist:
The feeling's mutual.

*votes Glorfindel*
In Dead Red, please, Insert.
*indiglowing*
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Glor I get what you are saying. It's possible that the bad guys do not follow show 100 percent. Here's my continued hang up. If not that way, how are they formed?

In the same way I have a hard time seeing athena as anything but for the humans, I have a hard time seeing boomer as anything but in Cavil's faction because it goes drastically against her character in a way that doesn't make sense given the amount of care our host has put into keeping the flavor of the theme true.

If everything you say is true, I'm not sure how Cavil is getting a faction and I'm sure Cavil isn't working for anyone but himself and his own.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

Glorfindel wrote:
Dex wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Dex wrote:

Is that so? :ponder:
Yes. It was neither a "yes" or a "no".
*indiglowing*
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 43

Post by insertnamehere »

Dex wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:My patience with you all is at an end :fist:
The feeling's mutual.

*votes Glorfindel*
In Dead Red, please, Insert.
*votes Glorfindel*
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

Do people threaten to leave the site every game or is it just this game that's got people in a tizzy?
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

bea wrote:Glor I get what you are saying. It's possible that the bad guys do not follow show 100 percent. Here's my continued hang up. If not that way, how are they formed?

In the same way I have a hard time seeing athena as anything but for the humans, I have a hard time seeing boomer as anything but in Cavil's faction because it goes drastically against her character in a way that doesn't make sense given the amount of care our host has put into keeping the flavor of the theme true.

If everything you say is true, I'm not sure how Cavil is getting a faction and I'm sure Cavil isn't working for anyone but himself and his own.
The 'getting of wisdom' is a truly wonderful thing to behold. I refer you again to Rule 8 and the comment in the heading of the rules to 'read them carefully'.

I'd also like to make a comment about Rule 11. I have had fun this game. It took me a little while to realise it, but it's true. As I said, I did my best for you all and I take great satisfaction in that. Thanks Golden for allowing me to play possibly the most bizarre game of which I have ever been a part. I'm sorry to you all for my rudeness earlier - I seldom do that and I always feel awful for having done so.

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

ObscureAllure wrote:Do people threaten to leave the site every game or is it just this game that's got people in a tizzy?
That's it. I'm leaving. I'm going to represent some other site in the mafia champs finals! And I'm taking people with me. Well, at least, I'm taking a whole lot of sock accounts with me. OK?

(In all seriousness, I can only presume it is because your return has people quivering in their boots with the fear that they will never be able to win again?)

Glorfindel wrote:
Golden wrote:The president of the colonies has enacted a new law:

Wills of the Dead Act: Deceased players will have their last will and testament publicly read. Any deceased players may send one sentence to the host each night to be published in the thread the following day, which may be on topic but may not be longer than 25 words. All sentences received will be published together and will not be attributed.
@ Our Host
Are there any restrictions in respect of the language that can be used in these messages? Are profanities in order if they are justified in the description of the sheer close-mindedness of a large group of clueless individuals?
The dead are aware of any restrictions that apply.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Glorfindel wrote:

Do you deny it?
I know it's too late for me and the damage is done, but PLEASE, TRY to understand me... You are asking THE WRONG QUESTION here... :(
You played a good game, Glorfindel. I mean that. :clap:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I wonder what sig thinks of my damning evidence.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 287

Post by sig »

Sig is in pain and kind off confused.

Your evidence is that Glorfindel is bad since he said a bad cylon was actually good and he is bad but thought he was good? Or am I just really confused right now.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sig wrote:Sig is in pain and kind off confused.

Your evidence is that Glorfindel is bad since he said a bad cylon was actually good and he is bad but thought he was good? Or am I just really confused right now.

No.

I hope you recover well.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Epignosis wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

Do you deny it?
Well, not THAT good as it seems I was unable to divert you all from the path to oblivion but I appreciate the sentiment all the same, so thank you Epi :bighug: Again, I'm sorry about before.

I realise this is probably totally pointless now, but if you would humour me one last time... Other than me, who are your top three Mafia/Baddie/whatever reads?

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Epignosis wrote:For those who do not understand my post:

Day 1, Glorfindel proposed that green names were good and red names were bad. His theory.

Cavil, Doral, Boomer, and Athena were green names.

Conoy, Biers, O'Neill, and Six were red names.

Glorfindel is a Cylon, so the question is, which one is he?

He would not be claiming his own role to be evil, so that rules out Conoy and Six.

That means Glorfindel is Cavil, Doral, or Boomer.

Are any of those Cylons good Cylons?
Yeah this is what you meant? I guess it makes sense, but I'm still not seeing his baddie meta right now if he is a mafia member then props for tricking me. I am starting to question his civvieness so I'm okay with his lynch. I however, plan to vote for someone else maybe Wilgy seeing how he is also an outted most likely bad cylon.

linki: Thanks the meds are wearing off, but I get them again in about an hour. :P
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Glorfindel wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

Do you deny it?
Well, not THAT good as it seems I was unable to divert you all from the path to oblivion but I appreciate the sentiment all the same, so thank you Epi :bighug: Again, I'm sorry about before.

I realise this is probably totally pointless now, but if you would humour me one last time... Other than me, who are your top three Mafia/Baddie/whatever reads?
I don't think it's wise to provide you with that information now.
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

Golden wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:Do people threaten to leave the site every game or is it just this game that's got people in a tizzy?
That's it. I'm leaving. I'm going to represent some other site in the mafia champs finals! And I'm taking people with me. Well, at least, I'm taking a whole lot of sock accounts with me. OK?

(In all seriousness, I can only presume it is because your return has people quivering in their boots with the fear that they will never be able to win again?)

LOLLLL!!!! I really don't get it. I think this is one of the most well thought out and truly makes-you-think games I've ever seen. I guess people just aren't used to having to work so hard to figure anything out. LOL. Well, I for one appreciate all the hard work you've put into this game. I don't ever remember having to work this hard on a mafia game and that's pretty damn awesome if you ask me. :workit:

Glor - do you think I'm a human civv, human mafia, cylon civv, or cylon mafia? Do you have any suspicions of who I am? Just curious since you seem to be so sure about me.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

sig wrote:
Epignosis wrote:For those who do not understand my post:

Day 1, Glorfindel proposed that green names were good and red names were bad. His theory.

Cavil, Doral, Boomer, and Athena were green names.

Conoy, Biers, O'Neill, and Six were red names.

Glorfindel is a Cylon, so the question is, which one is he?

He would not be claiming his own role to be evil, so that rules out Conoy and Six.

That means Glorfindel is Cavil, Doral, or Boomer.

Are any of those Cylons good Cylons?
Yeah this is what you meant? I guess it makes sense, but I'm still not seeing his baddie meta right now if he is a mafia member then props for tricking me. I am starting to question his civvieness so I'm okay with his lynch. I however, plan to vote for someone else maybe Wilgy seeing how he is also an outted most likely bad cylon.

linki: Thanks the meds are wearing off, but I get them again in about an hour. :P
Sig, can I please ask a favour of you? Your vote for me will make no difference to the outcome of this Day phase. Could I please ask you to believe in me, and in your previously stated opinion of me? Even if everyone else deserts me, it would mean a lot to me if you didn't...

ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

ObscureAllure wrote:Image
It's a friend asking a favour of a friend. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm emotionally messy and I'd rather not a repeat of Arkham Mafia.

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

ObscureAllure wrote:
Golden wrote:

LOLLLL!!!! I really don't get it. I think this is one of the most well thought out and truly makes-you-think games I've ever seen. I guess people just aren't used to having to work so hard to figure anything out. LOL. Well, I for one appreciate all the hard work you've put into this game. I don't ever remember having to work this hard on a mafia game and that's pretty damn awesome if you ask me. :workit:

Glor - do you think I'm a human civv, human mafia, cylon civv, or cylon mafia? Do you have any suspicions of who I am? Just curious since you seem to be so sure about me.
No dramas, Obscure. I do think you're Mafia and although it would make more logical sense that you were Cylon Mafia (given you wouldn't claim) I sense that you might be human Mafia. It's a gut thing and no, I can't quote any evidence at this point to support that.

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

So quick read up of the last few pages if anyone had questions for me please quote/ask again since I probably missed them. Glor's last through pages were odd. However, his early game was very much civ Glorfindel so I'm still leaning civ on Glorfindel
I won't be voting for Glor instead I'm voting for Wilgy the other outted cylon. :p

Vote Dr.Wilgy

Sorry for the lower level of activity I'll try to pick it up next phase, but no promises.

Oh also I'm still suspicious of Rabbit, Drum and Polo.
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

sig wrote:So quick read up of the last few pages if anyone had questions for me please quote/ask again since I probably missed them. Glor's last through pages were odd. However, his early game was very much civ Glorfindel so I'm still leaning civ on Glorfindel
I won't be voting for Glor instead I'm voting for Wilgy the other outted cylon. :p

Vote Dr.Wilgy

Sorry for the lower level of activity I'll try to pick it up next phase, but no promises.

Oh also I'm still suspicious of Rabbit, Drum and Polo.
Thank you Sig :bighug:

I hope your teeth/mouth are feeling better :hug:

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Awesome first period! I recommend you all tune in to the hockey game if you're able. Besides, the Warriors game is only starting nowish and will probably still be on after the hockey game is over. It's been a real treat and there's still two periods to go!

I see Glorfindel is accepting his fate. No hard feelings, man. We all land in these sorts of impossible situations now and then. That's the nature of the game.
My Banners:
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

G-Man wrote:Awesome first period! I recommend you all tune in to the hockey game if you're able. Besides, the Warriors game is only starting nowish and will probably still be on after the hockey game is over. It's been a real treat and there's still two periods to go!
Au contraire. That was a terrible fist period.
*indiglowing*
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

G-Man wrote:Awesome first period! I recommend you all tune in to the hockey game if you're able. Besides, the Warriors game is only starting nowish and will probably still be on after the hockey game is over. It's been a real treat and there's still two periods to go!

I see Glorfindel is accepting his fate. No hard feelings, man. We all land in these sorts of impossible situations now and then. That's the nature of the game.
Thanks, G-Man :hug: And no, no hard feelings at all. You're clearly VERY good at this game and I respect that - it's just really sad that on this occasion, you're wrong :( Maybe we'll get a chance to play again together one day? I'd look forward to it! :hug:

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

sig wrote:@Epi I don't know are they? I've gathered Cavil is bad, but what about the other two?

Okay SVS, I'm curious though what do you think of Wilgy?
I think he is a human aligned cylon, what I am thinking of as civ.
bea wrote:Glor - I get that you're frustrated but I am trying to understand you. I'm not being willfully ignorant. I'm trying to open my mind and my expectations. I'm trying to balance my knowledge of the show with the actual game. I'm trying to use both pieces of information together to come to the best possible decision in a semi-closed set up with little information.

I am not the biggest fan of in the world of polo's vote and I said as much when he made it. I'm not sure why svs isn't more up in arms about it tbh.

I'm doing the best I can. I'm sorry if I'm missing something so blatantly obvious to. I often do. I earned my name Queen Nub. You note *I* haven't voted yet? You know why? Because I am trying to understand.

lol INH. You left out squirrel baby. :p
I have explained my position to Polo. That is really I can do. I have had issues with my temper in the past; in a recent game I told someone to go fuck themselves out of frustration. Considering that my main "job" on this site it to moderate games and try to calm down people & situations veering towards the disrespectful & to try & stop people from telling others to go fuck themselves, that was hypocritical of me in the extreme. So I have been trying to moderate my reactions to things, and not to let myself be as easily frustrated.

Other than explaining my position, how much more up in arms do you think I should get?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

By "The Warriors game", I assume you mean "The Thunder game".

Modkill could be on the line, here...
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ten missing votes. Seventeen minutes to go.
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

Now THAT was a good period of hockey...
*indiglowing*
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Dex wrote:
Au contraire. That was a terrible fist period.
Awesome first period WAS awesome. :srsnod: Second period was exciting as well. I'm fine with either team winning the Cup, but I'm pulling for Pittsburgh.
Golden wrote:By "The Warriors game", I assume you mean "The Thunder game".

Modkill could be on the line, here...
Oh come on. Win or lose, the headlines will focus on the Warriors. Either it's a miracle comeback by the team of destiny or a shocking exit after a record-breaking season.
My Banners:
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

BOOO Pittsburgh. :P
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Well, I haven't voted yet... Seeing as it's my last throw of the dice, I'm going to vote DrWilgy. His whole interaction with Polo and S-V-S agreeing with Polo in voting for me but insisting that DrWilgy is good sounds off to me. Bust most of all - in IAWY I trust.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Glorfindel wrote:Well, I haven't voted yet... Seeing as it's my last throw of the dice, I'm going to vote DrWilgy. His whole interaction with Polo and S-V-S agreeing with Polo in voting for me but insisting that DrWilgy is good sounds off to me. Bust most of all - in IAWY I trust.
I say this in all love, politeness, and kindness: I hope you die a fiery death only worthy of Satan's crappiest soldiers.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

And... Thanks for the game, Guys :bighug:

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Epignosis wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Well, I haven't voted yet... Seeing as it's my last throw of the dice, I'm going to vote DrWilgy. His whole interaction with Polo and S-V-S agreeing with Polo in voting for me but insisting that DrWilgy is good sounds off to me. Bust most of all - in IAWY I trust.
I say this in all love, politeness, and kindness: I hope you die a fiery death only worthy of Satan's crappiest soldiers.
:confused2: :(

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Glorfindel wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
:confused2: :(
Not YOU, the person. You, the role. Relax. Even if the latter is good, it's fictional!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

THE NEW NORMAL

Everyone was adapting to life on New Caprica. Some Pyramid leagues had broken out, and today featured a couple of critical playoff games, which were attended by many.

Others were attending memorial services for the billions who had died in the attack on the colonies, and the thousands who had died from cylon attack in the time spent on the run.

Few had time for Glorfindel, who had been branded a cylon sympathiser before the fleet had even settled on New Caprica. He had been even more shunned now. And the people were demanding justice for all those considered to be cylon sympathisers. Baltar felt the need to act, and strongly. Opinion was in his favour.

Glorfindel faced the firing squad bravely. He had fought the charges till the end, but in the end he could not be saved.

Glorfindel has been lynched. He was Sharon 'Boomer' Valerii.

It is now Night 7. You have 24 hours to get in your night actions.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 186

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night 7

Post by DrumBeats »

So say we all!

Good lynch everybody, I was stuck in the Brig for forgetting the SSWA three times.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

So Say we All

Well damn that was shocking guess I really can't read you Matty. :P

Also thanks for the well wishes. :)
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Logic doesn't need lore.

:mafia:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

My impression is that Boomer was bad and on her own.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Oh, I get it. That's a lot of missing votes and quite people.

In the brig for their disloyalty.

Return to “Previous Jobs”