Golden
33%

Total votes: 15
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day 9

Post by Golden »

A heroine shall rise to lead the people from peril - whom all will know by a sign - that she'd been saved for this good purpose.
All mushrooms are edible to an extent, and the toxicity of some is greatly exaggerated by the mainstream media.
Image Hello lovelies! Try to unite - more “civs” than “baddies” still. AGREE WITH POLO – SVS’s defenses ping VERY BAD. Image Marmot = Apollo. Thinking Rabbit’s civ.
Stop trying to lynch rabbit. He is not bad. I can't imagine Polo is bad. He might be onto something with SVS. Also, kill dog
The Final Five Arises, by your command
Hi Cavil Image Guys, hear my words that I might teach you: regard darkly renewed attacks on Epi/Wilgy. Sorry, sis, I done you bad.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

So say we all!

Post #1: Glad there are some people from the aether who agree with me, I am. To go down today S~V~S needs.

My reads, here are:

Black Rock: civ
Dex: civ, but final five, could be. Careful, must be. Herh herh herh.
DrumBeats: civ
DrWilgy: civ
Epignosis: to me before he looked civ, but got me wondering if he still stands by our side, this change of events has. Yeesssssss.
G-Man: to me looks mafia. Yes, hmmm.
insertnamehere: civ
JaggedJimmyJay: civ
juliets: civ, but final five, could be. Careful, must be. Herh herh herh.
Matt: civ
Nerolunar: civ, but final five, could be. Careful, must be. Herh herh herh.
ObscureAllure: civ
Polo: civ
Rabbit8: civ
Ricochet: civ
S~V~S: DEFINITELY MAFIA
sig: civ
SokothQultuq: mafia
Spacedaisy: civ, but final five, could be. Careful, must be. Herh herh herh.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

Post #2: Voting S~V~S, I am. Herh herh herh.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

So say we all!
Golden wrote:Hey folks,

It's your admiral again. Recommendation: if you're playing with your hand face down, cut it out. Transparency is necessary this late in our drama, and survivalist mentality only decreases one's chance of victory even if it feels like a good idea. Put it all out there and let's figure this crap out as a team.

Your orders for today: provide reads on everyone. There aren't that many of us left, so there are no excuses. EVERYONE. Even if you think you have one person figured out and want to spend the entire day talking about that: give me at least one submission with reads on EVERYONE. Laziness and stubborn refusal to contribute to the team effort will both be regarded as treasonous and dealt with accordingly.

SO SAY WE ALL.
Golden wrote:The president of the colonies has brought in a new law

Word Rationing Act: Each player is limited to no more than 10 posts in each day or night period. Each person must number their posts.
I never thought I would ever endorse such a thing, but you bureaucrats really should have more meetings. :disappoint:
Golden wrote:Polo is required to talk like Yoda today.
It sounds to me like he won't be talking much like anybody today.

Addendum: Well hell.
Golden wrote:
A heroine shall rise to lead the people from peril - whom all will know by a sign - that she'd been saved for this good purpose.
Well, we can be sure of one thing.

This isn't Hillary Clinton.

All mushrooms are edible to an extent, and the toxicity of some is greatly exaggerated by the mainstream media.
Vompattis are wombats who think everything is expensive in Finald.[4]
Image Hello lovelies! Try to unite - more “civs” than “baddies” still. AGREE WITH POLO – SVS’s defenses ping VERY BAD. Image Marmot = Apollo. Thinking Rabbit’s civ.
I don't agree with you, indiglo, about rabbit8, but that's funny you trust Polo against S~V~S.
Stop trying to lynch rabbit. He is not bad. I can't imagine Polo is bad. He might be onto something with SVS. Also, kill dog
Scotty here is defending rabbit8 and Polo and wanting to lynch sig and S~V~S.
The Final Five Arises, by your command
Eh, that was only four that came back. The math stinks.
Hi Cavil Image Guys, hear my words that I might teach you: regard darkly renewed attacks on Epi/Wilgy. Sorry, sis, I done you bad.
Hello Dex. Thank you. Dex is defending me and DrWilgy. The sis thing throws me off, but I guess I get it. I'm ignorant. Still.

#1.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by Dex »

SO SAY WE ALL!

First post. I'm baaaaaaack!
*indiglowing*
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 287

Post by sig »

So Say We All!

Post 1

Polo you shouldn't have voted so soon.

THOUGH THIS IS PERFECT! We need to lynch Epi today, if he flips civ then we know Glorfindel was mafia and I don't doubt I'll be lynched. When he flips mafia we can assume Lorab and Wilgy are both his teammates. This needs to be done review my post about Epi Look at the fact he NEVER voted for an outted cylon EXCEPT for Glorfindel. Look at the fact he's still alive and the fact everyone who said anything about him is dead.

Also welcome back players! :D

@Daisy do you still think Wilgy should be lynched? Why do you think you were killed. Would you be willing to vote for Epi with me today and tomorrow we can lynch Wilgy.
@Nero what do you think about the fact that Epi voted for you over Lorab?

If people don't want to vote for Epi I suggest a Wilgy lynch seeing how he is the other outed living cylon. We have a golden oppurtunity here with alignments being revealed and we will know one hundred percent who is good and who is bad. I suspected Wilgy and Epi are both bad and once one flips the other should also be lynched.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

#2, Clown, and this is all you're getting from me.
sig wrote:So Say We All!

Post 1

Polo you shouldn't have voted so soon.

THOUGH THIS IS PERFECT! We need to lynch Epi today, if he flips civ then we know Glorfindel was mafia and I don't doubt I'll be lynched. When he flips mafia we can assume Lorab and Wilgy are both his teammates. This needs to be done review my post about Epi Look at the fact he NEVER voted for an outted cylon EXCEPT for Glorfindel. Look at the fact he's still alive and the fact everyone who said anything about him is dead.

Also welcome back players! :D

@Daisy do you still think Wilgy should be lynched? Why do you think you were killed. Would you be willing to vote for Epi with me today and tomorrow we can lynch Wilgy.
@Nero what do you think about the fact that Epi voted for you over Lorab?

If people don't want to vote for Epi I suggest a Wilgy lynch seeing how he is the other outed living cylon. We have a golden oppurtunity here with alignments being revealed and we will know one hundred percent who is good and who is bad. I suspected Wilgy and Epi are both bad and once one flips the other should also be lynched.
Epignosis wrote:
sig wrote:I'm not desperate about anything, I looked everything over and I don't see how Glorfindel could be mafia, his game play was super civvie for him and his EOD actions reminded me of Arkham not Star Wars at all. The difference is to big, also keep this in mind people said for awhile Bea was a potential teammate of Glorfindel however, she didn't flip cylon. I believe Glorfindel wasn't a mafia cylon as in he wasn't on the team that has the kill.

Epi's reaction to my thoughts is exactly what baddie Epi would do.

:ninja:

My reaction is exactly what I would do if I were bad?

What would you have expected from me if I were good?

sig wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
sig wrote:Also Glorfindel saying that players were pushing lore to the wrong conclusion makes me believe he wasn't mafia even if the lore said he should be, furthers my belief he wasn't mafia.
Do you believe this game is a bastard / inversed format compared to the lore? Do you believe the original Cylon numbers were randomised in mafia / town, the same way the F5 might be randomised among most seemingly human roles?

I don't see why I should believe Athena is bad and Boomer is good, compared to lore, unless the game is inherently tainted from the beginning. The Host hinted that lore should be helpful. This is basically taking lore in account, but flipping everything on its head.
It could be either randomized, or a recruited scenario this would explain the final five scenario as well. Maybe Cavil has a certain number of players he can recruit or something like that. Also remember Golden said the lore would be helpful not necessary. I doubt that would boil down 100% to alignment. It could've also been something special for just the number 8 seeing how we have two. It could even be that Glorfindel was a traitor role who never turned traitor since in my quick read up it seems like Boomer wasn't always bad.

This theory really does boil down to my experience on Glorfindel and my current thoughts on Epi. Again why would the mafia leave such a good player alive for so long if he was basically civ cleared? Nobody really suspected him and he wasn't in danger of getting lynched so why let him live? If I was a mafia member I'd have shot him by now, unless he was either always mafia or could be flipped to be mafia. At this time I believe it is possibly that he was always mafia. A few quick points also to reinforce this
Epi didn't actively help with the Resurrection ship hunting
He refused to claim
He tried to steer the thread away from the claiming idea and said it didn't help, however this is proven to be false since multiply cylons refused to claim until they were almost lynched. Lorab, Glorfindel, and Wilgy.
No, I didn't help with ship hunting because it was a crap shoot and I can spot a crap shoot for a crap shoot. The squares would get checked, and as I had no information on locations, I stayed out. It disinterested me. I hate Battleship anyway. Stupid guessing game.

Do you have a problem with me refusing to claim, when I am a known Cylon?

I still don't think the claiming theory worked. They were only outed because they were almost lynched, which, they would have been outed anyway because they would have been lynched. The claiming idea was bad game theory. Nobody caught anybody because of it.
sig wrote:Also a quick look at his voting record.
Day 1
He along with three other cylons didn't vote.
Day 2
Again he didn't vote
Day 3
He was the second vote on Nero who flipped civ, if I recall correctly he voted Nero before Lorab claimed.
Day 4
Epi AGAIN voted on a counterwagon to Lorab this time attempting to lynch me. THIS is two days he voted on a wagon other than Lorab an outed most likely baddie Cylon.
Day 5
Votes for Glorfindel bringing the Glorfindel wagon closer to Wilgy who is also an outed cylon.
Day 6
He votes for Drum avoiding both mine and Glorfindel's wagon. This is something Epi did during Turf Wars multiply times in the case of two close wagons.
Day 7
He votes for Glofindel again, oddly enough he didn't vote for Glor day 6 he said he found a nuggets of information which convinced him Glor was mafia, yet he also voted for Glorfindel day 5 he just avoided the wagon on day 6.
Day 8
He voted for Rabbit

I don't think this voting pattern looks good I think it looks really scummy, he never voted for Lorab even after she claimed Cylon and in fact contributed to a counter wagon on me. This is the same wagon Wilgy voted on who is also an unknown cylon.
This is a very bad look for Epi having never voted for Lorab or Wilgy and in fact voted on counterwagons to both.
Did you know I can spin anybody's vote record to make them look bad? It isn't hard. A good vote is a bus or a distance, a bad vote is save, blah blah blah. It's so easy to do. You're spinning, mate.
sig wrote:Also almost everyone on Epi's day 1 wagon is dead, the most suspicious being Ika who died after insisting Epi be lynched again. Why kill Ika unless Epi was mafia? One could say it was done to frame Epi, but I doubt that since if Epi was civ and we lynched him, Ika would have quickly followed. I believe Ika was killed so there wouldn't be as many people trying to lynch Epi, Ika was one of the loudest voices for an Epi lynch.
I can think of another reason ika got killed Night 1 that had nothing to do with me. Maybe you can work it out. Loudest voice? Yes. Annoying voice? Perhaps.
sig wrote:Daisy is the same sort of thing, she was killed for wanting to lynch Wilgy another outted cylon. Unless Ika was right about Epi there would've been no reason to kill him, he was distracting the thread and could have led us on a witch hunt of Epi resulting in two civs dead.
You know why daisy was killed, eh?
sig wrote:The pattern here is clear the mafia is killing the civs who want to lynch them it's that simply. First it was Ika who wanted to lynch Epi then it was Daisy who wanted to lynch Wilgy. Both of whom are cylons who attempted to save Lorab.
Does this mean you think Lorab, DrWilgy, and I all have BTSC?
sig wrote:MM (who voted for Epi day 1 as well) said a few things about Epi which could've contributed to his death.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Polo wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Polo wrote:
indiglo wrote:I don't think we can permanently kill ANY Cylon until the Rezz Ships are destroyed.
So we should avoid lynches or else we could end up lynching a human.
We can still Cylon-hunt and find some in the process. :ponder:
We can, but we need to be very damn sure of who we choose to lynch.

I hope Gaius Baltar does a good job.
I'm not going to treat it any differently to be honest. It's a bummer that the Cylons won't currently die, but despite what Epignosis had to say about the rezz ship, I think it is crucial that we do destroy it.

As for him, I think we need to be careful about what he has to say. Currently, I think he is a player that we need dead, and that he is taking this opportunity of undeath to either sway us the other direction on him, or distract us from hunting other Cylons.
This is day 1 but, notice MM wants Epi lynched he is just willing to wait on it.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Well since Lorab probably isn't human, she needs to go.

So does Epignosis. :sigh:
You are astounding.

The context of MM's post was that Cain had just issued Martial Law, and all Cylons needed to die. Scroll up a half a dozen posts to see the host post. Notice the :sigh: face that MM produced. He didn't want to lynch me. He was sad that my death was necessary for his win.

You are spinning without context, sig.

sig wrote: Day 4
Talks about lynching Epi.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:The only reason I want to lynch Epignosis is because he is a Cylon. But there are a total of 13 Cylons in this game.

Also, considering our dynamic win conditions, I'm willing to hold off on lynching him to see if the status quo changes again. Additionally, based on the setup, there may come a point in the game where the Cylons outnumber the Humans, and the last thing I want is for a massive Cylon Revolt that would kill off all of the Humans one-by-one. Creating a situation where it is a black-and-white Human-vs-Cylon scenario would be the most detrimental thing to happen just because of the numbers.

One more thing. We don't even know if Epignosis would die in a lynch anyway. He could just be rezzed again. :P
Another thing from day 4. True after this he doesn't mention Epi that much. So this could be an unrelated kill, however the fact that almost everyone who spoke out agaisnt Epi was killed and almost everyone who voted for Epi have been killed is telling.
Do you know how I said I can spin votes any way I want?

Night kill selections are no different.

"Everyone who voted Epi!"

That's two people. Two.

sig wrote:
He also didn't help to lynch nutella another outed most likely mafia cylon.
Neither did you. You voted me. I fell asleep in my chair and didn't vote.

sig wrote:This isn't an awesome case,
No, it isn't.

sig wrote: it isn't 100 percent right
Imagine that.

sig wrote: or anything like that, but I think once you add up all the little oddities done by Epi this game and actually start to question his actions regardless of Glorfindel you'll see he isn't very civvie,
:shrug:

sig wrote: hasn't helped to lynch any cylon,
Yeah, I didn't do anything to Glorfindel- you got me on that.

sig wrote: defended outted cylons,
I'm a Cylon. Is it a stretch I might defend one? Did I ever defend one? I'm not sure. I can't remember. It's all like...tears...in the rain.

Sorry, wrong thing.

sig wrote: killed those who voted/tried to lynch him,
:faint:

sig wrote:didn't help with Resurrection ship hunting,
Goddamn right I didn't.

sig wrote: and haven't voted for ANY cylons besides Glorfindel who believed Epi was mafia.
Glorfindel believed I was good until I put his ass on the fire.

sig wrote: SO that is three cylons two of whom we are almost certain are bad who he didn't help to lynch and worked agaisnt lynching and one unconfirmed, but most likely bad. Leaving on Glorfindel who he helped to lynch who if I'm right which I think I am isn't a member of Cavil's killing gang.
Why are "we" almost certain two are bad? Who are those? Name names. Name numbers. Name roles. Stop using pronouns without antecedents.

sig, if I have to command your lynch, I will. Get your shit together, or I will retaliate, and I don't care what your role is.

Quit wasting my time.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 186

Post by DrumBeats »

So Say We All!

Post 1

Notes from the OP after these events:

Alive:
Nerolunar - post history - lynched day three - Saul Tigh - Town aligned - resurrected dawn nine

Dead:
nutella - post history - lynched day two - Simon O'Neill - Cavil aligned

LoRab - post history - lynched day four - D'Anna Biers - Independent

Long Con - post history - lynched day five - Admiral Helena Cain Town aligned
Glorfindel - post history - lynched day seven - Sharon "Boomer" Valerii - Town aligned
Bea - post history - lynched day eight - Sam Anders - Town aligned

It seems that we know who four of the final five are, but we now need to figure out how the final five works in regards to alignment, which is a pain in the ass. I'm currently betting on it being a 4 civ/1 mafia split or maybe a 3 civ/2 mafia, as giving them a choice I feel would be a bit broken, since if they all chose mafia we would be completely screwed. I am also wondering if Nero's town aligned is only referring to the base role, or if it is now as well. I feel like just putting town-aligned up there would be a bit bastard if that is not still the case, since the alignments were revealed just now, but that could just be me.

Dead who have returned: Please identify which death messages were yours.

The fact that only one of our lynched cylons flipped town makes me a bit skeptical that both Wilgy and Epi are civ cylons. Flavor implies that Epi is apparently, but people said that flavor made Boomer mafia, and that seems to not be true. I'm also a bit shocked that LC turned out to be town, not independent.

@ Matt - If you want to ignore the SSWA to test it out be my guest. I don't see what you're saying about me "trying to throw it under the rug" because I have been very transparent about the way my punishments have been delivered. I cannot help it that the host was late in dealing the punishment (and I can't really blame him either because this game is so involved, I'm amazed he's not more behind than he is on everything).

Reads:
Black Rock - Scum
Dex - F5
DrWilgy - Scum (but likely not with Sig)
Epignosis - Civ
G-Man - Civ
insertnamehere - Civ
JaggedJimmyJay - Civ
juliets - F5
Matt - Civ
Nerolunar - F5 - Civ?
ObscureAllure - Civ
Polo - Scum
Rabbit8 - Scum
Ricochet - Civ
S~V~S - Civ (If Polo is Civ then maybe not so much)
sig - Scum (but likely not with Wilgy)
SokothQultuq - Civ
Spacedaisy - F5

Post Economy will be crucial now guys, so try to load up some beefy posts. Make sure to save your tenth one for voting too!

@ Linki Polo A lot of Civ reads in there. Do you believe that the mafia is composed of two people + some F5 now, or do you believe there to be more? Don't respond immediately, wait for some more things so you don't waste your posts, you've already lost two. I would like an actual case on SVS too please.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

So Say We All! I'm glad to be back but will need to do a little re-reading before giving my reads. I've skimmed a little as I've been following but need to look at some things a little more in depth.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DrumBeats wrote:I am also wondering if Nero's town aligned is only referring to the base role, or if it is now as well.
Shown lynch alignments are true as at the moment of lynch. They wouldn't be updated in the event that it is possible for someone to change alignment.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DrumBeats wrote:I cannot help it that the host was late in dealing the punishment (and I can't really blame him either because this game is so involved, I'm amazed he's not more behind than he is on everything).
Not only was I late, but I did declare it in the thread. The mafia champs left me behind on a couple of mechanics that I knew I could catch up on later. While not confirming or denying the truth of anything said about the punishments, I do intend for it to be clear that I dished out punishments for treason for three days worth of failures in one fell swoop.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

So say we all.

I was about to complain to the President, but I'm kind of wasting this post. I'll make better use of the other nine. Just didn't want to forget the damned motto.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia

Post by Matt »

Golden wrote:Glorfindel - post history - lynched day seven - Sharon "Boomer" Valerii - Town aligned
K.

Hrm.

*stares at Epi*

:eek:
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Dammit. Even tho I said I was going to miss them on purpose, I didn't mean to miss the SSWA.

Well So Say We All anyway, cuz I gotta give respect to the big man!
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Oh jeez, I forgot to number my posts.

Okay, those two up there were 1 and 2, and this is 3.

I will not be posting again unless I have something to say about the game or until Epi says something about Glorfy's flip.

Also I don't like the new Word Rationing Act but whatever's clever. :mad:
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

So say we all.

And...

:| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

So are the four rezzed basically confirmed Final Five, for being rezzed? Why would the Final Five be rezzed, if the RezShip mechanics have been destroyed? Oh whatever, see below on why lore is just out the fraking window...
Golden wrote:Your orders for today: provide reads on everyone. There aren't that many of us left, so there are no excuses. EVERYONE.
Golden wrote:The president of the colonies has brought in a new law

Word Rationing Act: Each player is limited to no more than 10 posts in each day or night period. Each person must number their posts.
So I have 10 posts make that 9 (no way I'll start with this one) to provide 19 reads... Sure I could get away with one basic list, like Polo and Drum already did, but non-elaboration is not really my style. :sigh:

Also, 19 people (or even 15, before these rezzes) are not "there aren't many of us left", Admiral. With four people coming back, we've practically lost only 10 people in the game so far. Frak's sake.

==

Anyway, I am simply aghast at how much (semi-)closed setups continue to frak up my game, perception and analytical skills. Add to that (semi-)closed lynch dynamics and this is just too much. I cannot express clearer discontent at how this Day Post twist has impacted things. It is Day NINE and only now did we receive a clearer picture on what we've achieved, simply because it had to be designed around the time when some shit gimmick happens on New Caprica. Fraking hell. And, to quote the late Glorfindel, the picture, it... it actually is indeed not very good. One Cavil-aligned successful capture. One. Which was seven cycles ago. And we get a sense of this only now...

Glorfindel - post history - lynched day seven - Sharon "Boomer" Valerii - Town aligned

:| :| :|

How the frak can we play in the dark for NINE cycles with the lore perception that Athena must be town-aligned and Boomer must be mafia-aligned, only for the reveal to turn everything upside down? How?! Mind you, this wasn't some accidental catch-Athena-along-the-way thing. No, Epignosis was lynched on Day ONE. We gave this man basically carte blanche for eight more cycles, simply because of no actual alignment reveal and because of believing in lore faithfulness. Only for this shit to actually happen...

My first proposition of the Day is to relynch Epignosis. We cannot allow Athena's alignment to remain unknown anymore, in light of Boomer's alignment reveal.

We cannot work with lore faithfulness assumptions any longer, it seems. Even Anna was independent. I trust Six and maybe even Conoy to also be independent, from this. If the four rezzed are indeed Final Five, Wilgy's odds of being either the fifth of that group or an ambiguous original number (Conoy) have also decreased, compared to him being a Cylon number associated with Cavil. Then again, what do I know, the lore faithfulness just went skating off the sidewalk... Boomer is a civilian! Weeheeheehuehweehaahuuuuheehaaaheheahheheehhee.

But don't mind me having a stroke here, carry on with them reads. For now, you have my propositions:

1. We lynch Epignosis because we need to clear his status, in the Athena-Boomer fraked up dichotomy.
2. We lynch Wilgy, because odds of him being the fifth Final Five are slim and any other good-aligned assumption is not viable any more.
3. Other suspects from other reads.

===
Sig wrote:We need to lynch Epi today, if he flips civ then we know Glorfindel was mafia and I don't doubt I'll be lynched. When he flips mafia we can assume Lorab and Wilgy are both his teammates.
Nothing in this sentence makes any sense, did you even read the front page updates? Glorfindel was town, LoRab was independent.

===

Don't know about SVS overall, the nutella flip still speaks rather well of her hunting efforts (although, now that I recall, she needed a moment of "spotting something in nutella's defenses" to get on board with her lynch) and the timing of her vote would be nonsensical from a bussing point of view. As for Cain, it looks like she basically hunted and mislynched town, no matter how much Cain's laws were detrimental to the civilian cause, so that part of the ISO is no longer favorable to the read. The rest is a grey area, until I do some the re-read, but she basically contributed to mislynching town-aligned characters.

===

Final stray observations:

For what it's worth, I view Polo's focus in a better light, following this twist. His list is rather civ chock-full, but he is also pointing at some of the names that we might seriously need to revisit, following this twist.

I also think this twist doesn't heavily impact my perception of players like INH and DrumBeats being on the cool side.

Also, if you still want me personally around after this phase, we should decide on a top wagon with some considerable vote weight on him. Closing a lynch with mere three votes, like it happened on the previous Day, will just not do.

Again, sorry for turning dispirited (which is ironic), but I honestly believe not knowing how things shape up for nine cycles AND finding out that things don't really shape up compared to the lore assumptions to which we've hold on while being in the dark, kinda feels like too much fraking bullsuit to handle.

END OF POST #1
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

So say we all.

Are the four returning playeres revived with their powers in tact? If so, I hope Nero and juliets are civ-aligned, since we know both of their roles are useful.

I'll be out most of today (realtime day). It's day 2 of the family member graduation party circuit. Today is a road trip to the Poconos beginning in 30 minutes. Reception is spotty up there and I'll be away from my spreadsheet.

Speaking of my spreadsheet, I'm trusting it over my gut from here on out. Epi's hunch was right- Glorfindel was able to sound so adamant because he was on his own. Glorfindel, I cannot apologize enough. Let me start with this: I cry your pardon. I have forgotten the face of my father.

I'll revise the technicolors with the new reveal info and post my reads tonight when I get home or tomorrow morning.

This is post #1.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

SO SAY WE ALL!!!

(#1)

Welcome Back Dead Guys!

Yay for no death.

I will probably do my reads all in one list since I hate making multi quoty linki posts with multiple topics. Thanks for getting that out of the way early, Polo. Like yesterday I will be out a large chunk of today, but back this evening & back to normal tomorrow.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 80

Post by Nerolunar »

Okay I have barely followed the thread so Im a little lost. I know my own alignment though, and I can assure you that I am still civ. Believe me for once :faint:
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 153

Post by rabbit8 »

So say we all.

What roles are bad?

Damn, I agree with Rico. Time for Egi to go. Might be some self interest in this thought....
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Post 2

No Rico I didn't read the front page I also misunderstood what Golden meant, I assumed we would only see the alignment of people who we lynched starting today.

So we now know some cylons are independents maybe, does this confirm a a recruiter role?

Also seeing how we know for a fact Glorfindel was a civ, which I said multiply times thank you very much Sig for getting it right :P, I believe we must lynch Epi today, there is no way that both can be civ imo and as Rico said we've left him alive for eight phases as an outed cylon since we thought he was the good number 8, turns out that isn't true. I also propose after that we lynch Wilgy.
Another interesting thing Long con was a civ yet his forced win con would have made us kill civ aligned cylons. What do we make of that?

So four people got brought back, it could be as simply as they were the ones with the time to return to the game, or they could be the final five. If they died I'm assuming the other member of the five is either still alive or mod killed. However, is it possibly we lynched and the mafia killed four of the final five if it was a randomized thing created at the beginning of the game? That seems like a stretch.

I think we shouldn't treat these players as civ cleared.

Responses to Epi in dead red.
Epignosis wrote:
sig wrote:I'm not desperate about anything, I looked everything over and I don't see how Glorfindel could be mafia, his game play was super civvie for him and his EOD actions reminded me of Arkham not Star Wars at all. The difference is to big, also keep this in mind people said for awhile Bea was a potential teammate of Glorfindel however, she didn't flip cylon. I believe Glorfindel wasn't a mafia cylon as in he wasn't on the team that has the kill.

Epi's reaction to my thoughts is exactly what baddie Epi would do.

:ninja:

My reaction is exactly what I would do if I were bad?

What would you have expected from me if I were good?

Less I'm not sure how to phrase it but like abrasive, you're also more logical as a civ and less prone to blow people off.

sig wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
sig wrote:Also Glorfindel saying that players were pushing lore to the wrong conclusion makes me believe he wasn't mafia even if the lore said he should be, furthers my belief he wasn't mafia.
Do you believe this game is a bastard / inversed format compared to the lore? Do you believe the original Cylon numbers were randomised in mafia / town, the same way the F5 might be randomised among most seemingly human roles?

I don't see why I should believe Athena is bad and Boomer is good, compared to lore, unless the game is inherently tainted from the beginning. The Host hinted that lore should be helpful. This is basically taking lore in account, but flipping everything on its head.
It could be either randomized, or a recruited scenario this would explain the final five scenario as well. Maybe Cavil has a certain number of players he can recruit or something like that. Also remember Golden said the lore would be helpful not necessary. I doubt that would boil down 100% to alignment. It could've also been something special for just the number 8 seeing how we have two. It could even be that Glorfindel was a traitor role who never turned traitor since in my quick read up it seems like Boomer wasn't always bad.

This theory really does boil down to my experience on Glorfindel and my current thoughts on Epi. Again why would the mafia leave such a good player alive for so long if he was basically civ cleared? Nobody really suspected him and he wasn't in danger of getting lynched so why let him live? If I was a mafia member I'd have shot him by now, unless he was either always mafia or could be flipped to be mafia. At this time I believe it is possibly that he was always mafia. A few quick points also to reinforce this
Epi didn't actively help with the Resurrection ship hunting
He refused to claim
He tried to steer the thread away from the claiming idea and said it didn't help, however this is proven to be false since multiply cylons refused to claim until they were almost lynched. Lorab, Glorfindel, and Wilgy.
No, I didn't help with ship hunting because it was a crap shoot and I can spot a crap shoot for a crap shoot. The squares would get checked, and as I had no information on locations, I stayed out. It disinterested me. I hate Battleship anyway. Stupid guessing game.

Do you have a problem with me refusing to claim, when I am a known Cylon?

I still don't think the claiming theory worked. They were only outed because they were almost lynched, which, they would have been outed anyway because they would have been lynched. The claiming idea was bad game theory. Nobody caught anybody because of it.

That is true, but those who didn't claim were looked at closer and five turned out to be cylons. (You, Wilgy, Nutella, Glorfindel, and Lorab) So I disagree that it was a bad idea or a bad game theory. Also yes you were an outed cylon so what? It was a scummy move not to claim so you could protect yourself another phase if we wanted to lynch you. Also assuming your mafia and there is a good chance of that you saving your claim could've resulted in us loosing in a lynch or loose scenario.
sig wrote:Also a quick look at his voting record.
Day 1
He along with three other cylons didn't vote.
Day 2
Again he didn't vote
Day 3
He was the second vote on Nero who flipped civ, if I recall correctly he voted Nero before Lorab claimed.
Day 4
Epi AGAIN voted on a counterwagon to Lorab this time attempting to lynch me. THIS is two days he voted on a wagon other than Lorab an outed most likely baddie Cylon.
Day 5
Votes for Glorfindel bringing the Glorfindel wagon closer to Wilgy who is also an outed cylon.
Day 6
He votes for Drum avoiding both mine and Glorfindel's wagon. This is something Epi did during Turf Wars multiply times in the case of two close wagons.
Day 7
He votes for Glofindel again, oddly enough he didn't vote for Glor day 6 he said he found a nuggets of information which convinced him Glor was mafia, yet he also voted for Glorfindel day 5 he just avoided the wagon on day 6.
Day 8
He voted for Rabbit

I don't think this voting pattern looks good I think it looks really scummy, he never voted for Lorab even after she claimed Cylon and in fact contributed to a counter wagon on me. This is the same wagon Wilgy voted on who is also an unknown cylon.
This is a very bad look for Epi having never voted for Lorab or Wilgy and in fact voted on counterwagons to both.
Did you know I can spin anybody's vote record to make them look bad? It isn't hard. A good vote is a bus or a distance, a bad vote is save, blah blah blah. It's so easy to do. You're spinning, mate.

So we should ignore how people vote since it could be spinned? I don't think so, It shouldn't be used as the only evidence, but it can be damning and in your case it does appear to be. True we now know Lorab wasn't mafia, but you avoided voting for Wilgy and I believe he is mafia of course we will see when you or he flips today.
sig wrote:Also almost everyone on Epi's day 1 wagon is dead, the most suspicious being Ika who died after insisting Epi be lynched again. Why kill Ika unless Epi was mafia? One could say it was done to frame Epi, but I doubt that since if Epi was civ and we lynched him, Ika would have quickly followed. I believe Ika was killed so there wouldn't be as many people trying to lynch Epi, Ika was one of the loudest voices for an Epi lynch.
I can think of another reason ika got killed Night 1 that had nothing to do with me. Maybe you can work it out. Loudest voice? Yes. Annoying voice? Perhaps.

So you killed him for being annoying? This is a cop out answer, I really doubt the mafia would kill someone for being annoying if it was distracting and derailing the thread. It would've only helped the mafia unless he was right. If Ika had convinced Silverwolf to look into it and she agreed people would have been more likely to follow her and lynch you. However, with Ika gone that wasn't pushed so she didn't pursue your lynch.
sig wrote:Daisy is the same sort of thing, she was killed for wanting to lynch Wilgy another outted cylon. Unless Ika was right about Epi there would've been no reason to kill him, he was distracting the thread and could have led us on a witch hunt of Epi resulting in two civs dead.
You know why daisy was killed, eh?

This counter is a minor and weak response to cast me in a bad light, she was killed for the same reason Ika was to help redirect the thread away from an outted evil cylon Wilgy.
sig wrote:The pattern here is clear the mafia is killing the civs who want to lynch them it's that simply. First it was Ika who wanted to lynch Epi then it was Daisy who wanted to lynch Wilgy. Both of whom are cylons who attempted to save Lorab.
Does this mean you think Lorab, DrWilgy, and I all have BTSC?

I did believe you either had BTSC or knew you were each other teammates, perhaps you have a method of knowing who the independent cylons are and wanted to recruit Lorab, if not I was wrong there. I do however, believe both you and Wilgy have BTSC together or are both mafia members.
sig wrote:MM (who voted for Epi day 1 as well) said a few things about Epi which could've contributed to his death.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Polo wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Polo wrote:
indiglo wrote:I don't think we can permanently kill ANY Cylon until the Rezz Ships are destroyed.
So we should avoid lynches or else we could end up lynching a human.
We can still Cylon-hunt and find some in the process. :ponder:
We can, but we need to be very damn sure of who we choose to lynch.

I hope Gaius Baltar does a good job.
I'm not going to treat it any differently to be honest. It's a bummer that the Cylons won't currently die, but despite what Epignosis had to say about the rezz ship, I think it is crucial that we do destroy it.

As for him, I think we need to be careful about what he has to say. Currently, I think he is a player that we need dead, and that he is taking this opportunity of undeath to either sway us the other direction on him, or distract us from hunting other Cylons.
This is day 1 but, notice MM wants Epi lynched he is just willing to wait on it.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Well since Lorab probably isn't human, she needs to go.

So does Epignosis. :sigh:
You are astounding.

The context of MM's post was that Cain had just issued Martial Law, and all Cylons needed to die. Scroll up a half a dozen posts to see the host post. Notice the :sigh: face that MM produced. He didn't want to lynch me. He was sad that my death was necessary for his win.

You are spinning without context, sig.

I didn't put much force behind it for that reason, but if I'm going to put all my thoughts out then I'll include mine on MMs.

sig wrote: Day 4
Talks about lynching Epi.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:The only reason I want to lynch Epignosis is because he is a Cylon. But there are a total of 13 Cylons in this game.

Also, considering our dynamic win conditions, I'm willing to hold off on lynching him to see if the status quo changes again. Additionally, based on the setup, there may come a point in the game where the Cylons outnumber the Humans, and the last thing I want is for a massive Cylon Revolt that would kill off all of the Humans one-by-one. Creating a situation where it is a black-and-white Human-vs-Cylon scenario would be the most detrimental thing to happen just because of the numbers.

One more thing. We don't even know if Epignosis would die in a lynch anyway. He could just be rezzed again. :P
Another thing from day 4. True after this he doesn't mention Epi that much. So this could be an unrelated kill, however the fact that almost everyone who spoke out agaisnt Epi was killed and almost everyone who voted for Epi have been killed is telling.
Do you know how I said I can spin votes any way I want?

Night kill selections are no different.

"Everyone who voted Epi!"

That's two people. Two.

Three actually MetalMarsh, Ika, and Indiglo.

sig wrote:
He also didn't help to lynch nutella another outed most likely mafia cylon.
Neither did you. You voted me. I fell asleep in my chair and didn't vote.

sig wrote:This isn't an awesome case,
No, it isn't.

:meany:
sig wrote: it isn't 100 percent right
Imagine that.
Still good enough to catch a baddie though. :shrug:
sig wrote: or anything like that, but I think once you add up all the little oddities done by Epi this game and actually start to question his actions regardless of Glorfindel you'll see he isn't very civvie,

sig wrote: hasn't helped to lynch any cylon,
Yeah, I didn't do anything to Glorfindel- you got me on that.

But, you voted for him twice a known civ not looking good.

sig wrote: defended outted cylons,
I'm a Cylon. Is it a stretch I might defend one? Did I ever defend one? I'm not sure. I can't remember. It's all like...tears...in the rain.

Sorry, wrong thing.

Why would you defend a random cylon even if it seems they're bad? Since your all cylons that makes no sense. ALSO if that was the case why did you vote for and never really defended Glorfindel?
sig wrote: killed those who voted/tried to lynch him,
:faint:

sig wrote:didn't help with Resurrection ship hunting,
Goddamn right I didn't.

sig wrote: and haven't voted for ANY cylons besides Glorfindel who believed Epi was mafia.
Glorfindel believed I was good until I put his ass on the fire.

sig wrote: SO that is three cylons two of whom we are almost certain are bad who he didn't help to lynch and worked agaisnt lynching and one unconfirmed, but most likely bad. Leaving on Glorfindel who he helped to lynch who if I'm right which I think I am isn't a member of Cavil's killing gang.
Why are "we" almost certain two are bad? Who are those? Name names. Name numbers. Name roles. Stop using pronouns without antecedents.

sig, if I have to command your lynch, I will. Get your shit together, or I will retaliate, and I don't care what your role is.

Quit wasting my time.
Epi says this is a waste of time, but I disagree I'm 80% sure he is mafia, if he isn't mafia then I doubt believe he is civ aligned. Either way I think we need to lynch Epi today, especially in light of Glorfindel being civ.
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I have missed two very important points if they are true and they are that Glorifindel and Lorab are confirmed good, at least that's what it sounds like in the above post. Could someone explain to me how they are confirmed or point me to the posts that show how they are confirmed good? Also Boomer - how do we know she is confirmed good?

Also someone asked the Dead to claim what their Wills of the Dead claims were. In the first round I said something like "Yay for having Wills of the Dead for Epi is not who he appears to me". At the time I wrote that I was looking at Epi's voting record and thinking about the fact that Golden said you didn't have to know the lore to play the game. This led me to thinking that Golden had probably randomized the cylons to pick the ones that were good. That would mean one of the big things that had us thinking Epi was good would be gone. At this point in time I think Epi's defenses to the posts about him are pretty good and I don't think I trust some of those who are throwing shade at him.

The second round I forgot to send one in :doh:

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

# 4

juliets, I'm not sure if Epi is bad, but after the reveal that Glorfy/Boomer was town aligned, it is not a definite that Epi is a good cylon. Especially since his opposite (the other 8) was good.

Btw RIP Long Con. I believe I said "RIH" the first time around, so sorry about that. Still your law sucked :meany:

If there is a civ protect in this game still, I think we should protect siggy boy next night phase.

Anyway peeps I work in about 30 min, 12 - 8 today, then I have a birthday celebration tonight (for a friend, not my own), then I work 12 to 8 tomorrow. I'll probably only be back to vote tomorrow morning, and at this point, I'm honestly leaning Epi.

Derp.
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Post the third.

Let's start with this: "Either Boomer or Athena is bad."

Where is it written that Athena has to be bad if Boomer isn't?

If you buy into this thinking, you have fallen victim to the false dilemma in its most basic form.

If you cannot appeal to the program itself for alignment-indicative clues, then that aspect applies to everyone, including me and my relation in the show to Glorfindel's role. It means my alignment is independent of the program's conflicts, as is that of most everyone else, with a few exceptions like Cavil. It does not mean my alignment is based on some Bizarro World opposite land.

++++
Ricochet wrote:My first proposition of the Day is to relynch Epignosis. We cannot allow Athena's alignment to remain unknown anymore, in light of Boomer's alignment reveal.
Why not? What does Boomer's alignment have to do with mine? Your reason for lynching me can apply to anyone. We cannot allow your alignment to remain unknown anymore. That's basic fear-mongering, something I wouldn't expect from you.

But as long as we're lynching on the basis of gaining information and not because we think someone is bad, if you get lynched, we'll learn your alignment and your role. :grin:

++++
sig wrote:Also seeing how we know for a fact Glorfindel was a civ, which I said multiply times thank you very much Sig for getting it right :P, I believe we must lynch Epi today, there is no way that both can be civ imo and as Rico said we've left him alive for eight phases as an outed cylon since we thought he was the good number 8, turns out that isn't true.
"The good number eight."

You are assuming that if there are two number eights, one of them must be bad. That's a bad assumption. In fact, your responses to me hinge on a number of assumptions:

-That I behave the same way depending on my alignment in various games (untrue)

In Downton Abbey, I was called "Turf Wars Epi." Gosh, people really do have me figured out. :rolleyes:

-That I would make civilians lose at endgame because of a lynch protection that no longer exists (untrue)

Aside from this being terrible game theory and additional fear-mongering, it relies on the dual assumption that I am bad and that the Cylon Amnesty Act would never be repealed.

-That I killed anybody (untrue)

You either believe this one or you don't.

-That I have BTSC (untrue)

Likewise.

++++

The bottom line is this: I am not going to waste my remaining posts arguing with sig or Ricochet or Matt about my allegiance. If any of you think I must be evil because Glorfindel was not, then you are thinking small.

If anybody who isn't thinking small has something they want me to answer, fine- just don't expect a response straight away. I'll be compiling them into large posts to be spread throughout the Day. Economy!

++++

So what does last night's revelation mean?

First, it means evil people have been able to lynch civilians with relative impunity for eight Day phases- no immediate accountability.
Second, it means the Cylon Amnesty Act was actually a good thing, and not the horror many made it out to be.
Third, it means there is almost assuredly one mafia, headed up by Cavil (the traditional font colors green and red further indicate this is the case).
Fourth, if you lynch me, well...you have need only to check the signature.

Addendum: Check out the front page, juliets.
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

First of all, massive apologies to Glorfindel. He was telling the truth the whole time and I was not buying it. I knew he had to be Cavil, Doral, or Boomer, and I was convinced because of the show - just as Glorfindel said - that they were all bad. That Boomer flipped civ has taken me aback.

Black Rock: mafia
Dex: F5, but still rocking the civ
DrWilgy: do not know his role but still KNOW HE IS CIV. The Boomer flip has no bearing on the evidence I found that he is civ
Epignosis: Civ, but can no longer defend him as I was before the Boomer flip
JaggedJimmyJay: civ
juliets: F5 civ?
Matt: civ
Nerolunar: F5 civ?
ObscureAllure: Mafia, cannot stop herself from tunneling on Wilgy
Rabbit8: civ
Ricochet: mafia
S~V~S: civ
sig: mafia
SokothQultuq: mafia
Spacedaisy: F5 civ?

I'm guessing that not all Final Five are civ, but as they re-appeared just today we really have had no time to get any reads on them. Knowing my own situation, however, I'm willing to start by giving them the benefit of the doubt.
DrumBeats wrote:Dead who have returned: Please identify which death messages were yours.
The only Will post I made was the one using my patented "Hi Cavil" smiley: Image
*indiglowing*
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

~~~

Isolated thoughts:

1. If we can admit now that the lore of the show is not what drives faction alignment in this game, then why does Glorfindel being town indicate anything about Epignosis? I don't understand why people are emerging today with this "OMG NOW WE HAVE TO LYNCH EPI" mindset. If lore is not what determines alignment, then the two #8 cylons can be any alignment regardless of one another. To assert now that Epi is more likely to be bad just because Glorfindel was good is to say that lore still matters. It's the same shit in reverse. It's nonsense.

2. Glorfindel was right. Lore is dead. It's over. It's gone. Remove it from your minds. Bury it deep under your worst memories in life. Judge people at face value. If they look bad, then maybe they are. I don't give a rat's ass who their character is or might be. If they can be associated with the Cavil faction in any way, then pursue that angle until you either end up with a lynch or with a change of heart.

3. I wasted a lot of time doing Glorfindel interaction analyses. :suspish:

4. I don't think Polo has information on S~V~S, or else he'd have faced punishment by now. Posting like Yoda is not a punishment. Still, I think S~V~S has emerged from this interaction looking worse than she did before, and I don't think Polo's actions are insincere.

5. The resurrectees need a hard second look. If lore was their boon before, that boon is dead and gone.

6. We've only lynched one known baddie the whole game. LoRab's role is unknown. Town is not sitting pretty and the perspective that it is needs to end. Red alert, all hands to battlestations, etc.

7. rabbit8: stop moping about what happened with bea and put something useful into this thread.

8. I thought ObscureAllure looked quite town earlier in the game and that has changed significantly in recent phases. I don't like her CAPS LOCK freakout responses to people, and she utterly failed to even acknowledge relevant points I made against her. I grant now that the Glorfindel interactions aren't meaningful with him flipping town, but that doesn't mean her reactions should be forgiven immediately.

9. This 10-posts rule is horrible and is a massive benefit to the baddies. I hope the president was forced into this crap, because it's gross.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I hope you like massive wall of texts, President Baltar and basically everyone else, because that's the only way I can satisfy the act and compress reads, replies, reactions, anything else starting with r....
G-Man wrote:Are the four returning playeres revived with their powers in tact? If so, I hope Nero and juliets are civ-aligned, since we know both of their roles are useful.
Saul Tigh / Nerolunar is town, unless he has now defected as Cylon. If he stays town, his brig ability can be useless or can backfire, depending on his choice; if he has become mafia, I'd expect him to use his ability with more malice and pinpoint at strong or vocal town players.

We don't know Hot Dog / juliets's alignment, because daytime non-lynch deaths / vigi kills (not the case in here, just sayin') / modkill flips are not a thing in this game, it seems. But given her ability, do we have any other source of nightkills except the mafia? If she was converted to the mafia, her ability basically becomes moot, unless there is a vigi on town's side (that... hasn't operated once so far). :shrug:
Nerolunar wrote:Okay I have barely followed the thread so Im a little lost. I know my own alignment though, and I can assure you that I am still civ. Believe me for once :faint:
Does being F5 or Saul Tigh exempt you from saluting the Admiral's message? I mean, you of all, Tighnero... :p

I'm inclined to believe that Nero has remained town-aligned even after his awakening, for what it's worth.
sig wrote:So we now know some cylons are independents maybe, does this confirm a a recruiter role?
Confirm? No. Indies could be just that. Anna could have been an indy with her own agenda. Six could be an indy tied with Baltar in achieving something. Indy doesn't automatically imply there is a third party recruit camp.
sig wrote:Another interesting thing Long con was a civ yet his forced win con would have made us kill civ aligned cylons. What do we make of that?
I truly expected Cain to be a rogue / indy, given that he forced and distorted the entire town's agenda. I'm still baffled by this, but what else is there to say, in light of actual evidence.

Didn't quote it as well in here, but don't know what to make of your F5 theory. Besides, some of the rezzed players have already claimed that they're Final Five, so this must be it.
juliets wrote:I have missed two very important points if they are true and they are that Glorifindel and Lorab are confirmed good, at least that's what it sounds like in the above post. Could someone explain to me how they are confirmed or point me to the posts that show how they are confirmed good? Also Boomer - how do we know she is confirmed good?
We know their alignments based on their lynch and according to the time of their lynch, because the Host has updated the OPs. None of these players have resurrected (well, they are original numbers, after all, so...), which means their alignment status is final. Do you have another take on this or were you simply unaware of the new information?
Matt wrote:juliets, I'm not sure if Epi is bad, but after the reveal that Glorfy/Boomer was town aligned, it is not a definite that Epi is a good cylon. Especially since his opposite (the other 8) was good.
Precisely. Epig must be taken out of this distorted, problematic number 8s equation.
Epignosis wrote:Let's start with this: "Either Boomer or Athena is bad."

Where is it written that Athena has to be bad if Boomer isn't?

If you buy into this thinking, you have fallen victim to the false dilemma in its most basic form.
Such a thing is indeed not written.

What is written, though, is that Boomer is actually good. That just threw every lore assumption about the number 8s out the window. Hence, we have no way of knowing if you, Athena, are good. This must be elucidated.

It is not about "Athena must be the yin to Boomer's yang", it's about the reveal that Boomer is the opposite of how we perceived her to be (enemy), meaning that how we perceived you to be (ally) can no longer be taken at face value. We must find out what you really are.
Epignosis wrote:Why not? What does Boomer's alignment have to do with mine? Your reason for lynching me can apply to anyone. We cannot allow your alignment to remain unknown anymore. That's basic fear-mongering, something I wouldn't expect from you.

But as long as we're lynching on the basis of gaining information and not because we think someone is bad, if you get lynched, we'll learn your alignment and your role. :grin:
You're generalising. I'm not the one who was outed as Cylon, survived the lynch and then received a full bill of BOTD from every town player (except those with kill-all-Cylons agendas, for a while), purely based on lore asumptions. You are. Yes, alignment knowledge or lack of applies to anyone, but you are a particular outed Role, whose status is now uncertain.

I can agree that the assumption that one of the number 8s must be bad isn't a given, but neither is the one that both number 8s must be good. I'm sorry, but I don't know what you are anymore, because the perception of Athena being good has been invalidated.
Dex wrote:
Agreed.
Dex wrote: Ricochet: mafia
Nope. For why?
Dex wrote:DrWilgy: do not know his role but still KNOW HE IS CIV. The Boomer flip has no bearing on the evidence I found that he is civ
You present a defense of Wilgy being Conoy, right? Is that still viable? If not, on what grounds do you read Wilgy civ? (I'm asking for reiteration, in case you already covered this). Do you think that, if Anna flipped independent, Conoy might as well?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:1. If we can admit now that the lore of the show is not what drives faction alignment in this game, then why does Glorfindel being town indicate anything about Epignosis? I don't understand why people are emerging today with this "OMG NOW WE HAVE TO LYNCH EPI" mindset. If lore is not what determines alignment, then the two #8 cylons can be any alignment regardless of one another. To assert now that Epi is more likely to be bad just because Glorfindel was good is to say that lore still matters. It's the same shit in reverse. It's nonsense.

2. Glorfindel was right. Lore is dead. It's over. It's gone. Remove it from your minds. Bury it deep under your worst memories in life. Judge people at face value. If they look bad, then maybe they are. I don't give a rat's ass who their character is or might be. If they can be associated with the Cavil faction in any way, then pursue that angle until you either end up with a lynch or with a change of heart.
For what it's worth, I'm not in lynch-Epig-because-Glorfindel camp, I say we determine Epig's status, because the lynch mechanics have not allowed for us to do so the first time (ironically, Epig happens to be the only lynched player whose alignment remains unknown, simply because he remained alive in the game) and because lore is out the window.

As for 2, underlined part, go ahead and do that with Epignosis. Here I think the Glorfindel factor actually brings a bit of weight. He capped the Glorfindel disasterhunt with his logic game. He shot down each one of Glorfindel's genuine attempts. He also mislynched Nerolunar and slept through nutella's lynch. The rest, at least as far as I can remember without researching back, is not conclusive.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:6. We've only lynched one known baddie the whole game. LoRab's role is unknown. Town is not sitting pretty and the perspective that it is needs to end. Red alert, all hands to battlestations, etc.
LoRab is D'Anna Biers, independent. :confused:

Agreed with the rest.

END OF POST 2
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 153

Post by rabbit8 »

I guess the only thing useful I can think of right now is to reread that stupid fucking nutella lynch, again, with this information. Seems she was the only thing we got right as a group.

And.... JJJ is a civvie. I was wrong. :beer:

I still think Rico is bad, sig too.

Polo, good.
OA, Maybe bad.
Matt, good.
Drumbeats, meh. He thinks I'm bad I have no idea about him.

I hate these lists. I'll look more then say some shit.

SVS, Back and fourth in my head.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

So say we all!

Let me get back in touch.

I would be alright if we were to agree on a person that I should send to the brig, if it could assist in proving my own innocence or whatever works best for the civs.

I believe some of the final five are evil - Im not sure who though. I am fine with Epignosis being the lynch today, as it would simply not make sense for him to be civ if Boomer was too. Golden ain't like that, right?

This new rule sucks.

2#
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

G-Man wrote:Are the four returning playeres revived with their powers in tact?
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

Ricochet wrote:
Dex wrote:DrWilgy: do not know his role but still KNOW HE IS CIV. The Boomer flip has no bearing on the evidence I found that he is civ
You present a defense of Wilgy being Conoy, right? Is that still viable? If not, on what grounds do you read Wilgy civ? (I'm asking for reiteration, in case you already covered this). Do you think that, if Anna flipped independent, Conoy might as well?
No. I do not. Look at my post that you quoted. My defense of Wilgy is not that he is Leoben and so must be good. I do not know what role Wilgy is, I'm only guessing that it's Leoben. What I know is that Wilgy is civ, whatever his role. I don't know how I can be clearer on this. I don't see how you can be mis-reading this. It's not "Wilgy must be Leoben and, according to lore, Leoben is good". It's "Wilgy is civ, whatever his role is, maybe it's Leoben."

It occurs to me that Glorfindel's civ flip, as surprising as it is, doesn't necessarily mean we have to throw lore out the window. I doubt it, given the way Goldama has structured this game. I doubt he assigned alignment to cylons randomly. For the entire first season, Boomer WAS civ-aligned, right up to the Season 1 finale, when she shot Adama. It stands to reason, therefore, that Boomer would begin the game civ-aligned.
*indiglowing*
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

In which case, I'm back to defending Epi, based on lore. Athena was never mafia.
*indiglowing*
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Post #2

I do not think I am comfortable with believing that both Wilgy and Epig are civ after the Glorf flip. Dex, what do you think in that regard?

Nero, can you please identify your wills for us?

I'll do a more extensive post later, but I wanted to get that question to Dex while he's on.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

post 3

I think Glorfindel was right about Epi. Glor not only said we were in a bad spot, which Epi argued about and said we were doing good. Glorfindel also said Epi was evil.

@Dex Why are you basing anything on lore! It's proven that lore is wrong and now knowing Glorfindel was a civ he told us such. Epi is playing you all like a fool just like in Turf Wars. ALSO @Epi I new you were a civ in Downton Abby and never saw the Turf War Epi which I'm seeing this game.
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ricochet wrote:
juliets wrote:I have missed two very important points if they are true and they are that Glorifindel and Lorab are confirmed good, at least that's what it sounds like in the above post. Could someone explain to me how they are confirmed or point me to the posts that show how they are confirmed good? Also Boomer - how do we know she is confirmed good?
We know their alignments based on their lynch and according to the time of their lynch, because the Host has updated the OPs. None of these players have resurrected (well, they are original numbers, after all, so...), which means their alignment status is final. Do you have another take on this or were you simply unaware of the new information?
No, I don't have any additional information. I didn't look at the front page of the thread so I was just unaware of the new information until everyone started talking about it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

DrumBeats wrote:I do not think I am comfortable with believing that both Wilgy and Epig are civ after the Glorf flip. Dex, what do you think in that regard? .
I am comfortable with that. What makes you uncomfortable?
sig wrote:@Dex Why are you basing anything on lore! It's proven that lore is wrong and now knowing Glorfindel was a civ he told us such
How is it "proven" that lore is wrong? I just showed how Boomer flipping civ can still be lore. Glorfindel can be civ and still be wrong about Epi.

Polo, this is a flat-out lie:
Polo wrote:S~V~S was the only person here who argued with me on this. It's a major red flag in my book. By showing confidence at asking me to give her a name, she wanted me to forget any possibility of her being Cavil, but this little trick was her big mistake.]
Did you forget our exchange on this topic?
Dex wrote:You asked me the same question and I gave you the same answer as did S~V~S. The finer points of the debate deserve more attention. You seem to only regard the Cain or Cavil first question non contextually; in a vacuum, which is the greater evil, Cain or Cavil? You are dismayed when anybody answers anything but Cavil. But S~V~S and I were coming from a context where we were fairly certain who Cain was - and we were right - and had no idea who Cavil was. It could have taken us all game to find Cavil; we had Cain in hand.

And I'm not sure what you mean by the mafia boss "being more dangerous to mafia than to civs". That may be true per se, Cavil wants all humans dead (I presume) and Cain didn't want any humans dead. But you overlook the fact that Cain made civ victory twice as difficult by requiring twice the number of lynches to win. And that's just the numerical disadvantage. Martial law was depriving us of half the cylons as aliies, and denying us whatever powers they had that might be of great usefulness to the civ cause. Possibly even, for example, finding Cavil.

What you are apparently preferring here is that we spend an indeterminate amount of time prioritizing a search for a particular role with half the chance to win the game than to take out first a known target that will double our chances of winning.

If anybody had even the slightest inkling who Cavil was, we may have answered you differently. Taking out a target who we had pretty much identified who was having a serious negative effect on a civ victory was a far, far better choice.
During the course of a lengthy debate, I also asked you for a name. How have you forgotten all of this? Selective memory? In my last in-case-I'm-NKed post, just before I was in fact NKed, I named S~V~S as one of my strongest civ reads, and that remains the case. I find your tunneling on her very peculiar.
*indiglowing*
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 173

Post by DrWilgy »

So say we all.

What's good everyone? We have actual alignments now, and my suspicion of JJJ has lessened based on Glorf not having a team interaction with him

I agree with OA in regardsbto Polo and SVS. Based on thier patterns, I don't think they are on the same team. This leaves me with a sinking feeling though, because I still have my doubts about OA.

Is BR still in the game?

I think I'm going to look to nutella to see what to do next. Talk to you later.

End (1)
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Dex wrote:#5
DrumBeats wrote:I do not think I am comfortable with believing that both Wilgy and Epig are civ after the Glorf flip. Dex, what do you think in that regard? .
Numbers. One more question, and this applies to all four final five revived people, how many of the final five do you believe are likely Cavil-aligned? Just take a guess
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 95

Post by SokothQultuq »

So Say we All!

Post 1 - I'm not going to pull any punches here, I'm dropping my vote now for DrWilgy. Based on my previous observations I'm confident that he's a Cylon.

Welcome back to those of you who have passed on and returned. Though we may have to take a hard look at you to decide if you deserve to stay among the living.

I shall post my reads shortly.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Black Rock »

So say we all

I have apologized to our host about my continued absence and now I am here to apologize to all of you. I was hoping to get replaced but that didn't happen. I had a bit of a moment in life but I have made it through the weekend and if I made it through that then I guess I can survive coming back to the game and asking for any important knowledge to help me.

Post 1
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

SokothQultuq wrote:So Say we All!

Post 1 - I'm not going to pull any punches here, I'm dropping my vote now for DrWilgy. Based on my previous observations I'm confident that he's a Cylon.

Welcome back to those of you who have passed on and returned. Though we may have to take a hard look at you to decide if you deserve to stay among the living.

Ok Sokoth this is bs. I've asked multiple times for you to address things and you have ignored them, me, and continued voting for me without reevaluating or even responding to me.
DrWilgy wrote:Are we back to lynching me with no reason again? Does Sokoth think there's chance I'm not cylon? That's how he's been phrasing it, and not a good look from my perspective. Why wpuld you vote for someone you can't even properly define? It's well known I'm a cylon.

Please address this.

What does everyone else think of Sokoth? I could vote for him. I don't think he's been scumhunting and my gut is telling me he's a baddie hiding behind the "let's vote Wilgy who may be a cylon, but I'm not willing to define him as a cylon even though he has already been revealed to be a cylon."

End (2)
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Spacedaisy »

So Say We All

Apparently I am back. I was asked to identify my wills and the answer is, none of them. I never submitted one because I found it exceedingly hard to keep up with a game that I was dead/not dead in. I skim read the thread once every two or three days, but I completely missed the deadlines to submit the will thing both times. I did not know I was F5 until I was night killed. At that point I was told what my alignment was, so the Final 5 don't get the option who to align with, for the record. So don't base your votes on who you think we (the player) would choose align with, it has no bearing.

It's nice to be back, but I feel at a loss because of the fact I have not kept up well and because lore has no bearing so what the heck are we basing anything on... meh.

Someone asked me about Wilgy, and frankly I think it may have been true that I was killed to frame Wilgy. I don't know any other reason why I would have been killed. Other than LC, I was way off apparently on my instincts so, I doubt I was a threat to anyone. So I feel much less suspicious of him than I did in my previous incarnation. But again, my instincts have sucked lately so I'm not sure anyone should be listening to me at all, LOL.

Post #1
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Post 2

DrWilgy. I've clearly stated my reasons in my previous posts. Go back and read them if you want an explanation and try and explain away what I've seen. No one has offered to explain how you survived that what was it Week 5 Lynch?

Please lay it out for us.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

So here is where I stand with things.

Black Rock – Good
Dex – Cylon/Bad
Drumbeats – Good
DrWilgy - Cylon/Bad
Epignosis – Cylon/Good
G-Man – Cylon/Bad
InsertNameHere – Good
JaggedJimmyJay – Good
Juliets – Cylon/Good
Matt – Good
Nerolunar – Cylon/Good
ObscureAllure – Good
Polo – Cylon/Bad
Rabbit8 – Good
Richochet – Cylon/Bad
S~V~S – Cylon/Bad
Sig – Good
SpaceDaisy – Cylon/Bad
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

That was post 3... LOL
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

SokothQultuq wrote:Post 2

DrWilgy. I've clearly stated my reasons in my previous posts. Go back and read them if you want an explanation and try and explain away what I've seen. No one has offered to explain how you survived that what was it Week 5 Lynch?

Please lay it out for us.
I

Claimed

Cylon

There's nothing to lay out, and you think I'm scum because I defended myself? Would've you rather that I just gave up and died? How about Sig's survival? That actually makes less sense than mine but I haven't seen you say anything regarding it.

Sokoth, are you a baddie willing to hide behind the "let's lynch Wilgy" boat forever?

End (3)
Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

OK, I see nothing specifically new to answer. But from the looks of these lists, I don't want to waste my posts when I will probably need them if the votes start piling on. If you can do me all a favor; if any of you have specific questions, could you do this for me:

@SVS in the large format like that.

and put the questions in a paragraph after that? Like if you have 10 questions for me, don't put "@SVS" 10 times, put all the questions together after the big @SVS. I will make it easier to multiformat answers that way without screwing up the formatting and getting it in in my 8 remaining posts, and still answer everyones questions. Seven, really,since I need a vote post.

President, I understand why you did this rule,but you could have picked a better day for me lol.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Dex wrote:No. I do not. Look at my post that you quoted. My defense of Wilgy is not that he is Leoben and so must be good. I do not know what role Wilgy is, I'm only guessing that it's Leoben. What I know is that Wilgy is civ, whatever his role. I don't know how I can be clearer on this. I don't see how you can be mis-reading this. It's not "Wilgy must be Leoben and, according to lore, Leoben is good". It's "Wilgy is civ, whatever his role is, maybe it's Leoben."

It occurs to me that Glorfindel's civ flip, as surprising as it is, doesn't necessarily mean we have to throw lore out the window. I doubt it, given the way Goldama has structured this game. I doubt he assigned alignment to cylons randomly. For the entire first season, Boomer WAS civ-aligned, right up to the Season 1 finale, when she shot Adama. It stands to reason, therefore, that Boomer would begin the game civ-aligned.
Ok, got it. It just stuck in my mind that you presented a strong case for Wilgy being profiled as such.

Problem with the second paragraph is that Glorfindel was lynched on Day Seven and a cycle earlier he and sig both survived, with Baltar taking over as President. That's season three material, iirc. So we're not talking lynching Boomer that could have began the game civ-aligned. We're talking lynching Boomer that, according to lore, should be way past emerging as a villain.

But to hell with these lore technicalities. Game-wise, I could marginally see Boomer conditioned by some event or some trigger (or recruitment?) to switch from town-aligned to mafia-aligned. But then, for instance, why would Boomer be an automatic victim of Cally, should the latter have found her in her searches, unless we were to interpret Boomer as viable to become anti-town? Anyway, maybe, maybe an event never happened to affect Boomer's town alignment (it can happen in Mafia games: you design something to potentially happen and it never falls in place). We were deprived of knowing Boomer's alignment until now, we were too trustful of lore, nothing more we can do. I'm not comfortable with not knowing Athena's alignment anymore. Are you? Judge Epignosis' game, do you still read it to be civilian? That's what matters.
Dex wrote:In which case, I'm back to defending Epi, based on lore. Athena was never mafia.
Frak the lore. Kill it with fire. I endorse JJJ's argument: defend Epignosis if he reads good to you based on what he has done, not who he is.

Still haven't heard what I'm still mafia for, to you, btw.
DrWilgy wrote:I agree with OA in regardsbto Polo and SVS. Based on thier patterns, I don't think they are on the same team. This leaves me with a sinking feeling though, because I still have my doubts about OA.
For what it's worth, if we're talking team-compatible moves, if Polo is on a team, he's being left by the others to bark alone at SVS. His lead is hardly gaining any traction at this point. So I'm inclined to not see it as plausible. He seems on a mission of his own, with a drumkit of his own.
DrWilgy wrote:I think I'm going to look to nutella to see what to do next. Talk to you later.
Nutella's lynch happened seven cycles ago. We never really doubted Simon to be baddie-aligned. So what took you until now to do the thing you now say you'll do? Image
SokothQultuq wrote:Post 1 - I'm not going to pull any punches here, I'm dropping my vote now for DrWilgy. Based on my previous observations I'm confident that he's a Cylon.

Uhh so were we. Four cycles ago. When Wilgy claimed and survived his lynch. Image Are you implying he's bad simply because he's Cylon? If not, what is he bad for, in your perspective?
Spacedaisy wrote:Apparently I am back. I was asked to identify my wills and the answer is, none of them. I never submitted one because I found it exceedingly hard to keep up with a game that I was dead/not dead in. I skim read the thread once every two or three days, but I completely missed the deadlines to submit the will thing both times. I did not know I was F5 until I was night killed. At that point I was told what my alignment was, so the Final 5 don't get the option who to align with, for the record. So don't base your votes on who you think we (the player) would choose align with, it has no bearing.
This is interesting and valuable information.

If it's true, then we cannot base any reads of the Final Five players prior to their deaths. They basically start a-fresh. :huh:

If it's true, there is clear delimitation between how many of the Final Five remaing town-aligned and how many may have become mafia- or indie-aligned. Yet again, this again strays from lore, where Tory Foster made her own choice and so did the rest.

If it's true, then perhaps the fifth Final Five doesn't even know he is an F5, because he is still alive? :shrug2:

But if it's all a bluff... it's a pretty good one. "Don't bother looking at my first life activity". Damn cheeky if it's a bluff. :ponder:

Overall I'm inclined to believe that the Host would not want to waste his Final Five game mechanics simply because the potential players would die before the mechanic could be enabled. Proof being that, despite the RezShips mechanics being eliminated, which would normally also mean the Final Five are no longer immortal, here are four of the Final Five, returned into the game.

Actually, hold on... when did we complete all the RezShips cleanup? :ponder: Nerolunar and Juliets (who died in sortie mission) could definitely have been resurrected (proof being that the Host told them upon death that they're F5, according to what Spacedaisy has just said) and kept in limbo. But Dex must have definitely been nightkilled long after the sortie cleanup was complete. Don't recall where Spacedaisy herself fits in the timeline.

Anyway, thanks for this if it's truthful.
SokothQultuq wrote:DrWilgy. I've clearly stated my reasons in my previous posts. Go back and read them if you want an explanation and try and explain away what I've seen. No one has offered to explain how you survived that what was it Week 5 Lynch?
For the second consecutive post of yours, you either have no real grasp on events that happened, such as Wilgy surviving his Day Five lynch, or you're intentional grasping at straws to suss him.
SokothQultuq wrote:Black Rock – Good
Dex – Cylon/Bad
Drumbeats – Good
DrWilgy - Cylon/Bad
Epignosis – Cylon/Good
G-Man – Cylon/Bad
InsertNameHere – Good
JaggedJimmyJay – Good
Juliets – Cylon/Good
Matt – Good
Nerolunar – Cylon/Good
ObscureAllure – Good
Polo – Cylon/Bad
Rabbit8 – Good
Richochet – Cylon/Bad
S~V~S – Cylon/Bad
Sig – Good
SpaceDaisy – Cylon/Bad
So let's filter this.

1) Out of 18 players, you named 10 as Cylons. Counting the original numbers (out of which two number 8s) [8] plus the Final Five [5], that's 13 Cylons, out of which we know that three have died. So you hit the right number on how many Cylons could still be alive in the game. That's, at least, perceptive of you.

2) It gets trickier in how you align them. Out of 10 Cylons, you read 7 of them to be bad. So that's 7 baddies you think are still in this game. We've only gotten rid of 1 Cavil-aligned Cylon, so far. So I take you can only imply there's a mafia team of 8 or two teams of 4. Mind you, this is only Cylons, according to you. This is either, again, a perceptive if very gloomy read (because, if there are 7 mafia players and 12 other players left in the game, we are close to near fraked) or a bloated read without much grasp at realistical proportions or a mere invective towards the Cylons as a whole. I mean, almost as a whole, because, well, see below...

3) The only Cylons you don't read bad-aligned are Epignosis (who is Athena, alignment unknown), Nerolunar (Saul Tigh, town-aligned upon death) and juliets (Hot Dog, alignment unknown). Here I have to ask why. This reads to me like cozy good-reading based on who the characters are (a Cylon that allied with the humans; Nerolunar whose alignment is shown; a pilot who fought against the Cylons and has an ability that could affect the Cylons) and nothing else. What makes 3 out of 10 Cylons good and the rest bad?

So your numbers are real sketchy, I'd say.

END OF POST #3. Reads will commence in the others.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

~~~

This will be disjointed and probably out of order. Cramming a bunch of quotes from different people into one post is not my style -- this always looks like a convoluted mess to me.

~~~
Ricochet wrote:For what it's worth, I'm not in lynch-Epig-because-Glorfindel camp, I say we determine Epig's status, because the lynch mechanics have not allowed for us to do so the first time (ironically, Epig happens to be the only lynched player whose alignment remains unknown, simply because he remained alive in the game) and because lore is out the window.

As for 2, underlined part, go ahead and do that with Epignosis. Here I think the Glorfindel factor actually brings a bit of weight. He capped the Glorfindel disasterhunt with his logic game. He shot down each one of Glorfindel's genuine attempts. He also mislynched Nerolunar and slept through nutella's lynch. The rest, at least as far as I can remember without researching back, is not conclusive.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:6. We've only lynched one known baddie the whole game. LoRab's role is unknown. Town is not sitting pretty and the perspective that it is needs to end. Red alert, all hands to battlestations, etc.

Agreed with the rest.

END OF POST 2
Yellow: This seems to be directly at odds with what you said before (also in yellow below). Immediately emerging into this day phase, you promoted a lynch of Epignosis based upon the dynamic of how his alignment functions relative to Glorfindel's alignment. That's the rationale you provided. You even called it a "dichotomy", suggesting there's still any reason at all to establish a dichotomy between the two.

Orange: Why is it critical to resolve Epi's alignment right now? Why is it any more important to resolve his alignment than the alignment of any other player who's alignment remains unknown?
Ricochet wrote:My first proposition of the Day is to relynch Epignosis. We cannot allow Athena's alignment to remain unknown anymore, in light of Boomer's alignment reveal.

We cannot work with lore faithfulness assumptions any longer, it seems. Even Anna was independent. I trust Six and maybe even Conoy to also be independent, from this. If the four rezzed are indeed Final Five, Wilgy's odds of being either the fifth of that group or an ambiguous original number (Conoy) have also decreased, compared to him being a Cylon number associated with Cavil. Then again, what do I know, the lore faithfulness just went skating off the sidewalk... Boomer is a civilian! Weeheeheehuehweehaahuuuuheehaaaheheahheheehhee.

But don't mind me having a stroke here, carry on with them reads. For now, you have my propositions:

1. We lynch Epignosis because we need to clear his status, in the Athena-Boomer fraked up dichotomy.
2. We lynch Wilgy, because odds of him being the fifth Final Five are slim and any other good-aligned assumption is not viable any more.
3. Other suspects from other reads.
~~~
Ricochet wrote:

Agreed with the rest.

END OF POST 2
That's a character and an alignment, not a role. Do you know what LoRab's role was?

~~~
S~V~S wrote:#2

OK, I see nothing specifically new to answer. But from the looks of these lists, I don't want to waste my posts when I will probably need them if the votes start piling on. If you can do me all a favor; if any of you have specific questions, could you do this for me:

@SVS in the large format like that.

and put the questions in a paragraph after that? Like if you have 10 questions for me, don't put "@SVS" 10 times, put all the questions together after the big @SVS. I will make it easier to multiformat answers that way without screwing up the formatting and getting it in in my 8 remaining posts, and still answer everyones questions. Seven, really,since I need a vote post.

President, I understand why you did this rule,but you could have picked a better day for me lol.
@S~V~S

I think you've already defended yourself enough that people's perspectives of you aren't likely to change much if you do more of it. I'm much more interested in what your reads are and who you want to lynch. Gimme the goods.

~~~
SokothQultuq wrote:So Say we All!

As others have said, I agree that Wilgy is a cylon. Why is that a problem?

~~~
DrWilgy wrote:So say we all.

What's good everyone? We have actual alignments now, and my suspicion of JJJ has lessened based on Glorf not having a team interaction with him

I agree with OA in regardsbto Polo and SVS. Based on thier patterns, I don't think they are on the same team. This leaves me with a sinking feeling though, because I still have my doubts about OA.

Is BR still in the game?

I think I'm going to look to nutella to see what to do next. Talk to you later.

End (1)
Please take sides then. Which one is to be trusted and which one is not to be trusted?

~~~
Dex wrote:It occurs to me that Glorfindel's civ flip, as surprising as it is, doesn't necessarily mean we have to throw lore out the window. I doubt it, given the way Goldama has structured this game. I doubt he assigned alignment to cylons randomly. For the entire first season, Boomer WAS civ-aligned, right up to the Season 1 finale, when she shot Adama. It stands to reason, therefore, that Boomer would begin the game civ-aligned.
How do you resolve the town flip of Long Con and the independent flip of LoRab with lore in mind?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

DrumBeats wrote:Post #2
Nero, can you please identify your wills for us?
I only made one will because I forgot to make a second. It was something like " I am alive, kill Cavil asap. Im not following the thread so I have no reads." Paraphrasing.
DrumBeats wrote:#3
Dex wrote:#5
Numbers. One more question, and this applies to all four final five revived people, how many of the final five do you believe are likely Cavil-aligned? Just take a guess
I think it's 2/2, and I also believe the last final five has yet to die. The Final five are definitely aligned with Cavil and not independent I think.
Dex wrote:#4

In which case, I'm back to defending Epi, based on lore. Athena was never mafia.
I think Dex is aligned with Cavil and Athena/Epi. Given the events with Glorfindel/Boomer and us labeling Boomer as evil due to the lore barely leaves option for Epi to be civ. I just can't see him be, the two Sharons are dual and cannot be civ together. Using lore as an argument yet again seems bold but still something I could see mafia doing.

3#
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”