33%

Total votes: 15
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 95

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day 9

Post by SokothQultuq »

Post 4?

You guys keep asking me to lay out something that I've already laid out, your either not reading what i'm saying or your ignoring it in order to cause some sort of controversy. So here I'll make it easy.

Its my understanding that claiming ones self to be a Cylon while being a non-cylon meant if you got Lynched you died. Week 4's front runner was DRWilgy. He didn't die, the lynch moved down the line.
Why would a good cylon make such a fuss about claiming if they have good intentions or where on the side of the town, good, etc...? Answer me that question with a plausible answer and I'll reconsider DrWigly's alignment but not the fact that they are a Cylon, I'm glad you at least got that much.

Yes, until someone shows me unequivocal proof that Wigly's not a Bad Cylon. I'm on a wagon to put him in the dirt, in space, in a smelting vat. Lynchalicious the crap out of Wilgy. You can continue to try to deflect the accusation. Or you can try and provide me with something that sways my opinion. Your choice.

Until them my mind is set on Lynching DrWilgy because I think they are bad.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 287

Post by sig »

Post 5

I don't see an issue with Rico's opinion of Epi, and i think his outburst was genuine.

I'll be voting for Epi today for reasons previously stated.

Epi

Also I don't want to lynch one of the final five the first day they're back.
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Forgot the vote needs its own line.

Black Rock
And this vote puts me in a quandary. I'd like to stick to voting for one of my bad reads. Both BR and SVS are among those reads but they are my #4 and 3 respectively. We need to stop spreading the votes around, so voting my top two seem to be off the table. I just don't think BR is going to have much traction but I also want to spend some time reading up SVS's progression on bea in case that makes me feel any better or worse on her.

This is post #5.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

G-Man wrote:

Black Rock
And this vote puts me in a quandary. I'd like to stick to voting for one of my bad reads. Both BR and SVS are among those reads but they are my #4 and 3 respectively. We need to stop spreading the votes around, so voting my top two seem to be off the table. I just don't think BR is going to have much traction but I also want to spend some time reading up SVS's progression on bea in case that makes me feel any better or worse on her.

This is post #5.
I have got the feeling you are bluffing and that you would ever lynch S~V~S not. And not, this is because you think she is good, because you know, not, is she. Herh herh herh.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

G-Man wrote:

Black Rock

This is post #5.
I am likely to vote Sokoth if that helps you any. I read through his posts twice and didn't see the explanation he gave above which he says he's already given.
Post #8

In fact, I'm going to go ahead and vote now
Vote SokothQultuq

Post #8
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 153

Post by rabbit8 »

G-Man wrote:

Black Rock

This is post #5.
Quandary? Do you really think they're baddies if you don't want to vote for them? Or are looking for reasons not to?
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

sig wrote:Post 5

I don't see an issue with Rico's opinion of Epi, and i think his outburst was genuine.

Epi

Aright, well I don't think we should be lynching Epi. #3 it is.

Vote = S~V~S

Linki: wrong you are, it seems. Hmmm? :P

This is post #6.

More linki: vote spread much?
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 43

Post by insertnamehere »

Post 2

(Where in the law does it say we have to number our posts? I must have missed that part.)

It looks like the lynch is tied up with my 2 biggest suspects right now: Epi and SVS.

Of course, we know Epi is a cylon, but of course there's a lot of controversy over whether or not he's in fact a good one. Athena in the show ended up being way more friendly to the Battlestar crew than Boomer. I could definitely see a version of this game where both Sharon Valerii's are civ, or their win conditions are topsy-turvey and can change on a dime, which is where I'd put my money.

Plus, Epi will still be around and still be outed if we decide to vote for what I think may be an equally strong candidate: SVS

So, that's who I'm gonna have to go with.

VOTING S~V~S
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

G-Man wrote:
sig wrote:Post 5

Epi

Aright, well I don't think we should be lynching Epi. #3 it is.

Vote = S~V~S

Linki: wrong you are, it seems. Hmmm? :P

This is post #6.

More linki: vote spread much?
Yes, yes it is....
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

@Polo

If I find out post game that this is based on any kind of perception of info, like your role had a block and you blocked someone and no one died, or a protection, or whatever, and you got false info becasue of it, I will never ever let you live it down. Info dumping, especially faux info dumping, is the thing I hate most. Fair play > winning.

So you are wrong, but if you think you are right for info related reasons, you basically alienated me and I hope it was worth it for you. Becasue proving people wrong is my favorite thing ever.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Spacedaisy »

I've been struggling a bit here between two things.

1. I don't like Nero's comment earlier and I do believe some of the F5 are bad news. Right now I suspect him the most of the returned

2. there are some very confident people in those SVS voters, some of whom I am inclined to believe.

I don't believe I have ever really suspected Epi during this game yet, so I'm not inclined to vote that way. I'm going to take a shot here and follow in the SVS vote.

S~V~S
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

S~V~S wrote:#6

@Polo

If I find out post game that this is based on any kind of perception of info, like your role had a block and you blocked someone and no one died, or a protection, or whatever, and you got false info becasue of it, I will never ever let you live it down. Info dumping, especially faux info dumping, is the thing I hate most. Fair play > winning.

So you are wrong, but if you think you are right for info related reasons, you basically alienated me and I hope it was worth it for you. Becasue proving people wrong is my favorite thing ever.
Been playing fair this whole game, I have, and no reason for me to waste my time on this website if I had to cheat in order to win, there would be.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

S~V~S wrote:#6

@Polo

He beat you to it....
Polo wrote:Oh, I am so anxious for your lynch or, on worst case scenario, for endgame. I will be proven right.
I want wagers in!!!!

Take the kid gloves off, I demand violence. :jedi:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am not going to try to save myself. I want to be lynched. Then maybe we will be a little less likely to rel on false info dumpers, hrh, sitting around gloating over their handiwork like a fucking ghoul.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I did not say cheat, and that was not my implication
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

My implication was that you got some kind of secondhand info, like a block or a protect, and turned it into an assurance when it was no such thing.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

S~V~S wrote:#7

I am not going to try to save myself. I want to be lynched. Then maybe we will be a little less likely to rel on false info dumpers, hrh, sitting around gloating over their handiwork like a fucking ghoul.

I'll give you a chance though.

Vote Epig.

DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 186

Post by DrumBeats »

# 5

Ok so there are currently 10 cylons left in the game (5 of the ones that began the game as cylons + the final 5). We KNOW the mafia lie in these cylons.

We know of 6/10 of these cylons.

Confirmed Cylons: (6)
Epi
Wilgy
Nero
Dex
Juliets
Spacedaisy

Remaining players: (4/13 are cylons)
BR
DB
G-Man
insertname
3J
Matt
OA
Polo
Rabbit
Rico
SVS
Sig
Sokoth

Knowing that the mafia have to be within the cylons, I believe lynching within that tonight is the best idea. I highly doubt all of the mafia are there, but there are likely more there than not.

My ranking of them, in order of suspiciousness (top - least Bottom - most):
Spacedaisy
Wilgy
Dex
Epi
Nero
Juliets

Juliets' certainty in Epi being scum in the death message just doesn't feel natural to me. I believe that if Dex or Epi is mafia, the other one is too based on Dex's sudden lumping of Epig in with Wilgy in his diehard defense.

Lynches I am considering (in order of preference)

Epig - Now I know what you're saying, why Epig if he is the third most likely to be scum in your opinion? And the answer is simple. Information. Epig's alignment will shed light on almost every other player in that group of players depending on how he flips. If he flips town, Juliet's death message is that much more suspicious. If he flips scum, Dex is likely his scumbuddy. Just the sheer information that can be found in this lynch with a relatively decent probability of flipping scum too is appealing to me.

Juliets - A close second, I really think that Juliet's death message was such a sudden shift in ideology that it was likely prompted by an alignment change.

Nero - A lot of assuring us "I'm a civ" "Not mafia" just doesn't read well with me

@ linki I don't like the inflation on SVS votes. I also don't like SpaceDaisy's vote in particular, since she believes 2-3 mafia are in the final five. Why then would a civ F5 not want to lynch a F5 member?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I have been patient with you, Polo, becasue you are so fucking proud of yourself. But since you have not been punished, that means you are *pretending* to info dump, especially after making your case hanging around like a vulture as people vote. And if I am going to be mislynched (and I am ;) ) you need to know this, too.

You're wrong. If you lynch me, John Cavil isn't going to be lynched today.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

DrumBeats wrote:# 5

Ok so there are currently 10 cylons left in the game (5 of the ones that began the game as cylons + the final 5). We KNOW the mafia lie in these cylons.

We know of 6/10 of these cylons.

Confirmed Cylons: (6)
Epi
Wilgy
Nero
Dex
Juliets
Spacedaisy

Remaining players: (4/13 are cylons)
BR
DB
G-Man
insertname
3J
Matt
OA
Polo
Rabbit
Rico
SVS
Sig
Sokoth

Knowing that the mafia have to be within the cylons, I believe lynching within that tonight is the best idea. I highly doubt all of the mafia are there, but there are likely more there than not.

My ranking of them, in order of suspiciousness (top - least Bottom - most):
Spacedaisy
Wilgy
Dex
Epi
Nero
Juliets

Juliets' certainty in Epi being scum in the death message just doesn't feel natural to me. I believe that if Dex or Epi is mafia, the other one is too based on Dex's sudden lumping of Epig in with Wilgy in his diehard defense.

Lynches I am considering (in order of preference)

Epig - Now I know what you're saying, why Epig if he is the third most likely to be scum in your opinion? And the answer is simple. Information. Epig's alignment will shed light on almost every other player in that group of players depending on how he flips. If he flips town, Juliet's death message is that much more suspicious. If he flips scum, Dex is likely his scumbuddy. Just the sheer information that can be found in this lynch with a relatively decent probability of flipping scum too is appealing to me.

Juliets - A close second, I really think that Juliet's death message was such a sudden shift in ideology that it was likely prompted by an alignment change.

Nero - A lot of assuring us "I'm a civ" "Not mafia" just doesn't read well with me

@ linki I don't like the inflation on SVS votes. I also don't like SpaceDaisy's vote in particular, since she believes 2-3 mafia are in the final five. Why then would a civ F5 not want to lynch a F5 member?
You don't like the S~V~S votes, so you're going to vote me for information.

Yawn.

Seven.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

S~V~S wrote:#9

I have been patient with you, Polo, becasue you are so fucking proud of yourself. But since you have not been punished, that means you are *pretending* to info dump, especially after making your case hanging around like a vulture as people vote. And if I am going to be mislynched (and I am ;) ) you need to know this, too.

Heard of the Boomslang Gambit have you, hmm?
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Fuck it, Epig - more information to gain, higher likelihood of being scum. Lets let either a tie break vote or RNG decide this one.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am going to vote for Epi cause i got no choice. I dont want to, but leave it to fate, I guess.

vote epi

Even though he will now vote me, which is OK by me.

Linki,wtf is a boomslang gambit?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrumBeats wrote:#6

Fuck it, Epig - more information to gain, higher likelihood of being scum. Lets let either a tie break vote or RNG decide this one.
When I go, tell DrumBeats to go fuck himself with his information.

"Higher likelihood of being scum" based on what?

Better still, lynch him.

Eight.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

That was post ten, btw.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 173

Post by DrWilgy »

svs

Trusting that polo vs svs feeling.

End (5)
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Vote: SVS
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

If you read my posts you'd know Epi. We know all cylons are mafia. We know who 6 cylons are. We know the other 4 are hidden amongst 12 players (assuming none are dead civ cylons that were scumkilled). We know you are a cylon.

Statistics + Information make your lynch the better one imo.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I am voting S~V~S.

I offered other names (Nerolunar, for one) and I asked S~V~S why she wouldn't vote Ricochet, but I don't see that I ever got an answer.

And necessity and all that horseshit.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

DrumBeats wrote:#7

If you read my posts you'd know Epi. We know all cylons are mafia. We know who 6 cylons are. We know the other 4 are hidden amongst 12 players (assuming none are dead civ cylons that were scumkilled). We know you are a cylon.

Why are all cylons mafia? I missed this discovery.

End (6)
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrumBeats wrote:#7

All Cylons are Mafia.

*Checks the front page*

Nope.

Nine and ten.

The big fat hen.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:I am voting S~V~S.

I offered other names (Nerolunar, for one) and I asked S~V~S why she wouldn't vote Ricochet, but I don't see that I ever got an answer.

And necessity and all that horseshit.
I wouldn;t vote him cause I don;t think he's bad. I think I have said that more than once :shrug:
Polo wrote:Vote: SVS
And you already did this, you can;t do it again :)

I am SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!!!!
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Oh wait, my bad, worded that wrong trying to get it out quick. I meant we know that all mafia are cylons, my bad!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Polo, you;re still around, right?
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

S~V~S wrote:Polo, you;re still around, right?
Posted 10 times already, I have. Herh herh herh.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Svs can I have a hug before you die?

End(8)
Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Polo wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Polo, you;re still around, right?
Posted 10 times already, I have. Herh herh herh.
I just want to make sure you're around fr the host post is all. I look forward to it.

Linki,no.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

THERE'S A METAPHOR IN THIS SOMEWHERE

"Execute the Boomslang gambit" cried the Admiral. The Pegasus immediately carried out one of the more complex cylon-evading maneouvres known to man, which if used in combat would involve simultaneous explosion and implosion of a cylon base star.

The Pegasus was manned by a shadow crew, away from the planet of New Caprica. They had noted the Cylons coming to occupy from inside the nebula, and jumped away just before the cylons could have read that the ship was present. The cylons had no prior knowledge of the Pegasus (as far as the Admiral knew) and so it might be an advantage to have it off-grid.

The Admiral puffed out his chest. He was proud at how well everyone carried out his orders. He was very satisfied with himself. They were ready to liberate New Caprica.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The attack came in swift and fast. A large percentage of the colonies were liberated from cylon occupation, as the ships left the planets atmosphere and jumped to a safe location. The cylons weren't well prepared for an attack in the sky, and had little ability to stop them with a single base star and one complement of heavy raiders. The losses on the ground were harsh, but they claimed one success for themselves, the death of S~V~S, who was a known enemy of the colonies.

Then, as a final Act, the Pegasus was sacrificed in what could only be described as the best execution of the Boomslang Maneouvre the colonies had ever seen!

S~V~S has been lynched. She was John Cavil. Cavil-aligned, surprisingly.
John Cavil has been resurrected.
The fleet has left New Caprica and resumed its search for Earth.
You have 24 hours to send in your night actions.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

SVS, you my hero.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

I WAS RIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
YYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

MY GUT FLORA IS THE AMAZON FLOREST

I think I might know who we need to lynch tomorrow.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Polo wrote:I WAS RIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
YYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

MY GUT FLORA IS THE AMAZON FLOREST

I think I might know who we need to lynch tomorrow.
If it's me I'll show you to my gut fauna. Also Amazonian. :suspish:
DrWilgy

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night 9

Post by DrWilgy »

Woo! And such a tight vote too.

The Doctor is very happy.

SVS, now that you are alive again, can I have a hug?
Image Image Image
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Oh wow, great job people who voted for SVS. I am absolute shit, I'm getting off for the night. I'll try to look at things with fresh eyes later, but wow I was wrong.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 43

Post by insertnamehere »

who's the ghoul now? :feb:
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

S~V~S wrote:#9

Damn right.
Fog of Love Host
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Fog of Love Host »

Yes, and I am still alive,so tell your flora to frak off. You don't know how tedious it has been having to hide these past weeks.

See you all soon :nicenod:

Linki, good job Drum, agreed, I am alive & unlynchable. And hugs all around, Wilgy :)
Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by Dex »

DrumBeats wrote:Oh wow, great job people who voted for SVS. I am absolute shit, I'm getting off for the night. I'll try to look at things with fresh eyes later, but wow I was wrong.
Me too. She really had me fooled.
*indiglowing*
Fog of Love Host
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Fog of Love Host »

Thanks Polo ;)

I owe you a favor.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

John Cavil wrote:Yes, and I am still alive,so tell your flora to frak off. You don't know how tedious it has been having to hide these past weeks.

See you all soon :nicenod:

Linki, good job Drum, agreed, I am alive & unlynchable. And hugs all around, Wilgy :)
Are you killable? :grin:

Return to “Previous Jobs”