Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day 10

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Things S~V~S said to/about Nerolunar ONLY POST-RESURRECTION:

Not included among the town reads on Day 9

That's it.

~~~

Nerolunar said nothing to/about S~V~S post-resurrection. His Day 9 vote went to Epignosis.

~~~

I don't know how he managed to say nothing about S~V~S during a day phase when she was a point of focus. That's not great.

Things S~V~S said to/about ObscureAllure:
Spoiler: show
S~V~S wrote:This is my three bads:

Rico
G-Man
OA (somewhat less than the rest) for her unexplained Polo vote. Was it random? Was there a reason? Did no one at all catch her eye?

I gotta feed the dog, will be back before finishing my catch up and voting. I have to leave about 1 ish, and may not be back until after the poll ends.

Linki, I thought JJJ said that about playing longer than ika?

So Rico, you feel good about G-Man?
S~V~S wrote:I am hoping to hear from OA about her Polo vote; random or what? With Mothers Day, it was a busy weekend for lots of people, so I am botd re quiet people this weekend past.
OA is included among her three Day 1 baddie reads, but with a caveat. Repeated prod about the Polo vote.
S~V~S wrote:
POSSIBLY CIVVIE
DrumBeats
Epignosis
Indiglo
ObscureAllure
S~V~S
Silverwolf

I have no problem with this group. OA definitely made me feel better with her :meany: at me for mentioning her. I disagree with her re Polo, but in Mafia games "so say we all" is rather rare.
Apparently posting :meany: is a good thing.

:meany:
S~V~S wrote:EBWOP, I don't think Epi is bad, and getting rid of Cain will bring a return to saner policies. I don't want to force him to burn his protection, and I don't even know that I think OA is a cylon.
Mildly defensive of OA on Day 4.
S~V~S wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:GTH GO

LORAB

METALMARSH89

OBSCUREALLURE
Bad good good
Day 4 GTH read is good.
S~V~S wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:So say we all -

what about a Wigly lynch?
I could do this, he is in my top 3. I think IAWY was bad, the only person who really knows him said he was bad, and Wilgy has not come in here and made me feel any better about him.

I think LC is a risk to the town in general, but if we collectively believe we have a lynchable cylon, I am OK with that too. This way when Cain starts killing people or whatever anti town thing it is that his role does besides imposing black & white rules on a grey situation, I can get to say "I told you so" which I enjoy immensely whenever it happens.
Idle chatter about Wilgy and LC as lynch options.
S~V~S wrote:
Matt wrote:
Long Con wrote:Linki: Yeah, so basically what Rico said.
I think you were joking haha.

Can't tell for sure, but it looked like Rico said what I was alluding to, that Epi isn't what he appears to be.

Rico, smile for yes, frownface for no.
It looks tome like you are spitballing,tbh. Trying to find reasons to suspect people.

Based on his behavior, I have no reason to think Epi is bad. I have no reason to think the sorties are anything but random.

@Daisy, I did not back off. I said I would give him time. I don;t have to vote until the end, or close to it. I still think the other shoe is going to drop. Golden would not make the secret role a benign kinda-townie role, IMO. The Secret Role is probably very awesome and I am jealous of LC for getting it (presumably & imo). But this role is not just a counterweight to Cavil & Cylons, i would think; it is probably also a counterweight to Adama.

I will be voting for either Wilgy or LC. I think of everyone with votes, Wilgy is sketchy as all fuck, WAY sketchier than OA for sure.
Why does the second half of this sentence exist? :ponder:
S~V~S wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:ObsureAllure

If Glorf claims and negates a lynch on him, I wouldn't mind OA or Sig being in second (or being in first for that matter). I don't know where BR is, but I feel like I can give her benefit of the doubt when compared to OA (who has been here and posting, just choosing to ignore me).

Discuss.
I think BR is a civ, and I am not sure I think OA is bad, really. I trust her so far. But I can agree re sig.
Trusts OA on Day 6.
S~V~S wrote:You really think OA is bad? And I have no issues with Baltar checking me.
Arbitrary mention of OA again within a larger post addressed to Polo. I snipped the irrelevant stuff.
S~V~S wrote:Persistent little devil aren't you? Um no. No teammates here. I also doubt OA is bad.
Defends OA against Polo on Day 8.

Town read on Day 9.

~~~

Things ObscureAllure said to/about S~V~S:
ObscureAllure wrote:I'd like to hear more from Black Rock, SVS, Juliet, Zebra, LoRab, and nutella. Bak in the day I knew you guys to be very vocal. I feel haven't seen much from you guys. (Then again, with only a hand full of people dominating the thread, I guess it's going to make it seem like everyone else is quiet regardless of their actual contribution, especially when so much time is spent just trying to catch up on how many "no you!"s we have on each page.)
Broad activity prod to six players including S~V~S on Night 1.
ObscureAllure wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Lorab tomorrow. No questions.
This.

And then I think that Sig, Long Con, Juliet and Bea are the most likely mafia at this point.
ObscureAllure wrote:Possibly Polo, Rico or SVS.
Lists 4 main suspects and 3 secondary suspects, S~V~S included in the latter group. I'm not a fan of these broad strokes.
ObscureAllure wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
sig wrote:So Say we All!

Okay so I still need to catch up but I saw the night results,

STOP VOTING FOR LORAB!

Why you may ask the answer is simply, right now we need to kill all the cylons the cylon amnesty law is still in play. We should make Epi the number 1 wagon and Lorab the number 2 wagon, So Epi will need to claim he's a cylon so he won't have the amnesty and then Lorab will still be lynched. We need to make sure everyone is on board with this though and we don't have what happened yesterday where Lorab had fewer votes then the counterwagon.

@HOST was no kill submitted or was the nightkill blocked? Also when did the Marmot law start working? Would it have blocked last nights kill?

Almost done school for the year so bear with me here.
STOP VOTING FOR ANYONE until we know if this law by the dictator stops when she is gone. If that is the case, I don't want force Epignosis or anyone else to do anything. Forcing people to do things is mob-think.

Although if I could force everyone to vote LC I would causr I think he's the New Boss :srsnod:

YES. Let's put LoRab up against LC. Or even skip LoRab and go straight for LC. Either way we've got a cylon.
Supports S~V~S in an LC/LoRab two-way lynch dynamic; this ended up being town-town.
ObscureAllure wrote:
S~V~S wrote:EBWOP, I don't think Epi is bad, and getting rid of Cain will bring a return to saner policies. I don't want to force him to burn his protection, and I don't even know that I think OA is a cylon.

:phew:
:shrug:

Jokes with S~V~S about wishing she was Mafia to plot with old friends
ObscureAllure wrote:
Polo wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:Either SVS or Polo is bad. Frankly, the fact that Polo is saying that he's 100% sure without posting evidence as to why and ISNT getting punished makes me think he's full of shit. I said something way less confirmative and got punished for it. If tomorrow is Polo vs SVS, I guess we will find out which one.

I'm still waiting on someone to tell me why we aren't lynching confirmed Cylon Wigly?!?? One in three (or more) chance of being bad as opposed to the unknown player who is about 2 in three chance of being civvie!?!

Linki: WIGLY, sig (although I think I may have found an alternative situation in my reread here so I reserve the right to remove), rabbit (I think Zebra was recruited), Matt, and either Polo or SVS
Can you assure me that if I'm NK'd tonight you will vote for S~V~S tomorrow?
No? Because if she isn't Mafia, the Mafia would just NK you to set her up? And if she is Mafia, why would she NK you after you've shouted her name for days with out any evidence (and that's making you look bad?) [wifom]I would just continue letting you dig your own grave[/wifom]
[WIFOM]There's a lot of self-awareness in this post[/WIFOM]

Day 9 read is bad, but only with the stipulation that Polo must be bad alongside her

Actually now with all the other data in front of me I hate this. It's awful. Gross. No way.
ObscureAllure wrote:vote SVS
Day 9 vote.

~~~

Foremost, these two players each have made a crap load of posts, but their direct interactions have been pretty limited. When OA has discussed S~V~S, it's often been within a broad discussion of a group that happens to include her. I find this interaction pretty suspicious, and I hate the way OA treated Day 9.

I refuse to do an analysis for Polo, at least not right now. We're never lynching him today anyway and it seems like it'd be a pain in my ass right now. I'm tired man.

Things S~V~S said to/about a2thezebra / rabbit8:

I actually had a lot typed here, and accidentally deleted all of it somehow. Kill me now.

I'm not typing it all again. Long story short I think he looks good in this interaction and suspect him considerably less than before. S~V~S kind of telegraphed him as a townie and started to set me up to take the fall if he got mislynched before she realized that trying to find a legit baddie case in my post history is impossible. :dark:

The names I still haven't covered are Ricochet, sig (I'm not interested in lynching them today), SokothQultuq (no clue), and Spacedaisy (no clue). I have found enough suspects in these analyses that I feel comfortable letting those four wait until later. I'm getting tired enough that they'd end up half-ass work today anyway.

After doing all that shit, I think the worst looking interactions come from DrWilgy and ObscureAllure. I'm uninspired by those from DrumBeats, juliets, Nerolunar, Matt, and Dex. I think we're stupid and dumb if we lynch G-Man, insertnamehere, Epignosis, Black Rock, or rabbit8.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:Hey peeps.

So I was called in early today, and have to vote now. :sigh:

This may not be popular but I'm going to

Vote John Cavil

I was planning on looking through SVS' posts yesterday but never got to it, and I'm not very confident in anyone else right now.

Though I wouldn't object to either a Oa or Polo lynch haha.
It's not so much an issue of being popular, as it is that this path will likely gain zero traction, so your vote will be wasted in a dead-end direction. :sigh:

But, for what it's worth, I wouldn't say this blemishes your civilian look. :noble: Not all, but several of your votes throughout the phases have been off-track. I imagine you'd have course-correct this, if you have a team to back up its interests with your vote.
Dex wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:You're a civ Cylon?
I am now.
Now?!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Every point I've made here about Matt feels pretty minor, both ways. I am wholly uninspired.
Read your ISO of him and I agree the signals and issues are minor. On the Matt-SVS route, a complaint of yours was about Matt suggesting SVS to be given command of the sorties for good results, but, for what it's worth, I find this to have simply been one of his bizzare ideas. He has had other interventions, such as insisting at one point on a sudden sortie jump to F5 (because "what if Final Five"), without meaning much in the overall picture (indiglo led proceedings as much as possible, then idk I stopped monitoring after a while).

===

Are we close to deciding on a lynch path? Have to go to bed soon.

END OF POST ... #5, is it?
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

Post #7

Nerolunar wrote:I believe Dex is bad, Epig.

I need to vote because I'm going to bed. I'm still leaning bad on you Epig but the point you are raising against Dex looks reasonable. Makes me wonder if Glorfindel really was bad/seemer. Out of the other F5 I like Juliets way more than Daisy.

Vote Dex
I guess either you're Mafia along with Juliets or Civ along with her.

Because you're probably still confirmed Civ, I'm gonna follow your vote tonight. Hopefully Dex is Mafia.

vote Dex
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:That' explanation is bogus. "I'm not saying anyone other than me is good or bad," he says, but he voted Nerolunar. Why vote for Nerolunar if he doesn't think he's bad but just "looked worse" (whatever that means)?

These Final Five are all in agreement that they received new or confirmed alignments, and that two of their number are bad. Unless they are all wrong, the civilians need to determine which two they think is bad, and lynch accordingly.

I would like to hear where people stand on Dex based on what I've said of him and his explanation. That's where my vote is going unless sig manages to bang his rocks loudly enough.
I don't think your conclusion is what must follow from the premises set in the argument you present. If Dex believes two of the four resurrectees are bad and intends to vote among the other three, then I don't think it's illogical for him to pick one that he finds the most suspicious. He isn't required to tell you who both of the baddies are; if he's town he doesn't know that. He's required to place a single vote for a single player, and that he'd elect to place it based on the rationale he provided doesn't strike me as a logical misstep.

I have no idea whether Dex is good or bad, his content post-resurrection doesn't tell me much yet. I don't think what you've said conclusively damns him though. I'm actually annoyed to be defending him in this "that doesn't make him bad" format, because that hasn't gone well for me/my teams in recent memory. But it's my honest take. Separate from that, I think he's a somewhat decent lynch option merely for being Final Five if we're to assume this "2:2" ratio is coming from somewhere other than people's butts, at least. I think Nero is more suspicious than he is among the FF, largely for his treatment of you yesterday.

What do you think of the beefs I have presented against ObscureAllure and DrWilgy today?

I'm down to two posts, one of which must contain a vote. Expect my conversation to be constrained and perhaps delayed.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

Quatre.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:#8
Epignosis wrote:That' explanation is bogus. "I'm not saying anyone other than me is good or bad," he says, but he voted Nerolunar. Why vote for Nerolunar if he doesn't think he's bad but just "looked worse" (whatever that means)?

These Final Five are all in agreement that they received new or confirmed alignments, and that two of their number are bad. Unless they are all wrong, the civilians need to determine which two they think is bad, and lynch accordingly.

I would like to hear where people stand on Dex based on what I've said of him and his explanation. That's where my vote is going unless sig manages to bang his rocks loudly enough.
I don't think your conclusion is what must follow from the premises set in the argument you present. If Dex believes two of the four resurrectees are bad and intends to vote among the other three, then I don't think it's illogical for him to pick one that he finds the most suspicious. He isn't required to tell you who both of the baddies are; if he's town he doesn't know that. He's required to place a single vote for a single player, and that he'd elect to place it based on the rationale he provided doesn't strike me as a logical misstep.

I have no idea whether Dex is good or bad, his content post-resurrection doesn't tell me much yet. I don't think what you've said conclusively damns him though. I'm actually annoyed to be defending him in this "that doesn't make him bad" format, because that hasn't gone well for me/my teams in recent memory. But it's my honest take. Separate from that, I think he's a somewhat decent lynch option merely for being Final Five if we're to assume this "2:2" ratio is coming from somewhere other than people's butts, at least. I think Nero is more suspicious than he is among the FF, largely for his treatment of you yesterday.
I don't think you understand my argument. If Dex is good, and he thinks juliets is good, and he thinks the two-on-two ratio holds (which he must based on the reasoning he used to condemn Nerolunar), then he must necessarily condemn Spacedaisy as bad. He didn't do that. He called her "in between." That's logically inconsistent. There's no way around it. Syllogisms and shit.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:What do you think of the beefs I have presented against ObscureAllure and DrWilgy today?
If a madman threatened me, say, to choose between the two, I would vote Wilgy.

But I'm not crazy about either.

Your assessment of OA seemed a little biased to me, like you sort of had your mind made up. I'm not faulting you for that. I've had doubts myself, but in retrospect, I like OA's no-bullshit attitude and spunk. It reminds me of me.

:meany:

And there's that face, just in case. XD

DrWilgy is the tougher case: Good Dex defended DrWilgy, and Evil Dex is still defending DrWilgy. All that says to me is that Dex now has to defend Wilgy to appear consistent.

But I'm operating on the view that Dex is bad, so that doesn't mean a damn to you and what you said. Let me try again, you know, actually rereading your shit instead of commenting on mine.

I'll itemize:

-Where you say S~V~S needed to make sure everybody heard she believed Wilgy was bad, I think she was genuine in that. I don't think she was trying to push anything in that.

-The bit where she works with LC to eliminate Wilgy? I think that makes Wilgy look good, not bad. I'm ashamed I didn't call her out on that ages ago.

-Howyeva, the point before your break, where you talk about Glorfindel? That is a red flag to me.

Like I said, I'm not crazy about lynching either of those, I'm sorry to say.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by Dex »

Epignosis wrote:I don't think you understand my argument. If Dex is good, and he thinks juliets is good, and he thinks the two-on-two ratio holds (which he must based on the reasoning he used to condemn Nerolunar), then he must necessarily condemn Spacedaisy as bad. He didn't do that. He called her "in between." That's logically inconsistent. There's no way around it. Syllogisms and shit.
I don't think Juliets is good, I said she looked better than Nero or SpaceDaisy. Your logic is flawed because it is based on a false premise - that I think Juliets is good. I wasn't trying to identify the good and the bad, I was ranking them according to my level of suspicion. You keep saying "logically inconsistent", but I don't think it means what you think it does. You're going to get a civ lynched because of it.
Ricochet wrote:
Dex wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:You're a civ Cylon?
I am now.
Now?!
Yeah. Final Five. Not a secret.
*indiglowing*
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

DrumBeats wrote:#2

@ G-Man Outline:

One Confirmed cylon claims to suspect John Cavil

We split votes between an agreed upon top suspect and John Cavil, making sure they are tied and that the cylon in question is votin john cavil.

If cylon is civ then Cavil is lynched. We should check what happens when we do this before doing this plan so it does not mess with our results.

If cylon is scum, our main suspect is lynched. Then we know for sure that cylon is aligned with Cavil.

We may need to find out how lynching Cavil works though in order to make sure that it doesn't go to the person with the next most votes, which would render this plan useless
Appreciated this clarification is. Creative it is but concern have I regarding implementation. Have we enough time this plan to see through completely? Difficult will it be to gain compliance from some players, yes? Curious am I to see how many others interested in this plan there are.

----------------------------------------
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
G-Man wrote:I think I found what I didn't like about S~V~S's Day 6 vote but I'm going to keep reading through her content to see if there's any more to it.
It looks like G-Man had a PLAN to follow this up, but I don't think he ever did. Talk about that if you could G-Man, unless it'd waste one of your 10 posts.
Found, I did, an uneven progression in S~V~S's views on Glorfindel. Agree do you? All S~V~S's reads on Glorfindel from Night 4 through Day 6 are these:
Just before the Night 4 night post does this post occur:
S~V~S wrote:Thanks, OA.

Linki,he reads to me like he did in the last game I played with him where he was civ. That is the total basis for my read on Glorfindel :shrug2:
Reference she does to similarities between Glorfindel's previous civvie game and this one.

Ten hours before the Day 5 lynch post does this post come:
S~V~S wrote:The insanifier seems more insane that it used to seem. I recall being able to at least kind of decipher it, but not it is totally incomprehensible :confused2:

Poor Rico. I look forward to hearing what he has to say when he is able to say it. Glorfindel sounds pretty much exactly the same to me as he did the last two games I went hard for him, and he was a civ. I also agree with him about IAWY/Wilgy.

I am going to resume my Wilgy reread. As of now, it is still either him or LC for me. I am trying to recall if Wilgy was blendier in the GoC game; I seem to recall that he was. I tend to think of Wilgy as being more present and a voice in the thread when he is civ, although his recent experimental playstyles have fuzzed his meta, which I suppose is the point of experimental playstyles.
a2thezebra wrote:Do you honestly think that that's all that means? That Golden would go to the trouble of making that distinction for every character if it didn't have a major effect on the game? Yeah sure, he might as well have adjusted the size of the font based on the characters' height, like just for shits and giggles you know. It's not like it could possibly mean something more relevant to the direction the game is going or anything. :sigh:
This is a good point this has to mean SOMETHING for game purposes, or Golden would not have done it. Kind of like why I think Cain is not just another civvie as LC would have us believe; why havea super secret role thatis just another civvie? Golden has put an insane amount of thought (and I do mean insane, Golden, you need help) into this game. Those locations mean something. Canon people, any ideas?
More comparisons does she make.

Half a day before the original Day 6 deadline say this she does:
S~V~S wrote:So say we all. Just in case.

I think I maybe see what comment Wilgy made that Dex was referring to. So I will continue to defer to Dex on this. I still feel pretty much the same about sig. I am not understanding why anyone thinks Zeebs is bad. I felt that Glorfindel sounded exactly the same as when he was a civ; G Mans case was somewhat subjective, but Silvers hard push for him out of the gate today makes me want to take a harder look.
bea wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Black Rock! I want an update on S~V~S and your accusation of her. What say you?
Sorry, I just spent the last 10 mins screaming at the top of my lungs at my selfish 17 year old. I think LC thinks I went insane.

I do need to get back on that track and expand on SVS. Really a lot of my thoughts are when she first came into the game she seemed to be Anti-Cylon. Like she thought it was the "in" thing. Then when a consensus came in that you were not evil she seemed to jump on the Cylon train. It just seems way to convenient and opportunistic. Which is words I would use to describe Mafia. I also do not trust any other listed Cylons. If the final five are like the final five of the show then I'm not too worried. I really don't know half the shit that's going on. I am with the humans (with the exception of your role), I do not trust Cylons.

I feel like I just did a tangent. My brain is filled with rage. Anyways SVS = opportunistic = no trust.

Although Black Rock =\= trusting Cylons is likely I will vote Dr Wilgy first. I do need to finish my catch up though.

Please show me exactly where svs was opportunistic
I am interested in seeing this as well. I think that LC was pro human, which is not the same as pro town.

Also re being anti cylon at the beginning, well yeah. I grew up with original BSG, where all the cylons WERE bad, and had never seen this version. Once I started listening to people and reading the wikis, I realized it was not so black & white. This is a huge part of the reason why I thought LC was not playing for the town, just for the humans. So lack of topic knowledge =/= convenient or opportunistic.

Linki, this is a good question. We need a consensus back up candidate just in case he does claim.
More repetition does she make, yes? This time read back she says she must. On the conviction of Silverwolf's case does she place this new need.

Halfway into the extended Day 6 day phase do we see her next mention of Glorfidnel:
S~V~S wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
S~V~S (F) - Huh?
Huh?
G-Man wrote:So say we all. (A lot of posts from Golden back there. Thought I'd throw that in for insurance)
Epignosis wrote:
Polo wrote:Glorfindel's posts seem to be full of words but devoid of content.
I'd use a stronger verb than "seem."
I hear you.

As for Black Rock, I'm curious to hear more from her. Any time an accuser goes back a long way with the accused, I can't help but perk my ears up. It happened after SVS seemed to waffle on one or two stances.

DrumBeats fell out of my civ reads for his bizarre advocation to put Nero ahead of LoRab Day 3. That defied the whole purpose of squeezing a claim out of LoRab while she was on top.

I think 'nonconfirmed Cylon' might mean a Cylon of undetermined alignment. That would be my guess at least. And to be picky, it should be 'unconfirmed' and not 'nonconfirmed.' I can see your angle on putting Polo in a lose-lose situation. Drum feels quiet overall, probably because he disappears for longish stretches of time. I'm not really one to condemn anyone for that though.

Linki: :ponder:
What did I waffle on? And I also would like to hear more from BR, I think she may have misunderstood something I said to be snide (and I can see why) when I did not intend it that way, and whether she thinks I am bad or not, I hope she is not staying away becasue of me.
Epignosis wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
sig wrote:@Glorfindel you came in, made a post then poof. :(

Current thoughts on the game?
So Say We All

Yeah, I thought it was important to check in (without reading the rules carefully first) - nothing like starting the game screwed from your first post... :mad:

From what I (skim) read I feel happy so far about Zebs (I wonder if I've developed some skill in reading her now given our rocky start). There's a lot of players here I've not encountered before which is something of a challenge. I thought Matt's remark about the different coloured font in the profiles of our Cylon friends was interesting. I'd not noticed that's til he mentioned it. What if anything that is indicative of I have absolutely no clue. I notice my friend IAWY hasn't posted yet :(

Oh, and congratulations on the Ambassador thing. To be honest, this site has no more passionate and insistent promoter than you.
This is Glorfindel's second post.

If you begin with zebra's post prior to this:
a2thezebra wrote:I find it most unusual.
...and if you work backwards, you will see that there is no basis in the thread for Glorfindel to think zebra is good or to even think he has developed some special skill involving zebra.

I bring this up because zebra adamantly defended Glorfindel, and there's no way Glorfindel has enough experience with a2thezebra to have that puzzle solved Day 1.
I am not sure what you are getting at here (not sarcasm, I honestly don't understand it). I think Zeebs was a civ; I think when she is civ she cares less what people think and just says what comes to mind. I base this on prior games not this one. Are you only talking about this game, or reads in general?

In any case, having read back on Wilgy with an eye for topics that the host may not like discussing, I think I get what Dex meant, I won't be voting for Wilgy today. Will probably go for Glorfindel; while he looks pretty much the same to me as the last game we played, someone I trust has a strong opinion there, so I am inclined to trust that. Unless he claims. Or sig. He has dropped way down in the face of the Wilgy & Glorfindel suspicions;he is one of the top third posters, but his last post was: Tue May 24, 2016 10:51:00 am,
sig wrote:@Drum why should I be lynched?
But if Glorfindel does claim, we need to think about seconds. I will be around tonight.

Looking forward to Rabbit accusing me, that's always fun.

Linki @Glorfindel, are you gonna claim?
Again she repeats that like his civvie games does Glorfindel sound but vote for him she says she will. Not on her own convictions is this vote based. Rather, built upon the theories of others do her intentions rest. Easy it will be to deflect suspicion because claim she can that she trusted another's thoughts while still holding the opinion that civvie he sounded.

Hours before the deadline comes this next post:
S~V~S wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:I personally believe that there are some things more important than winning a Mafia game.
You don't seem very motivated. :ponder:

I'm Keanu Reeves.
Keanu Reeves is supposed to be a very nice man. And no, he does not seem very motivated.

So essentially, Glorfindel, you suspect G Man cause he's a meanie?

Sorry to say Glorfindel, but that just moved you up my list. Like to the top of my list, tbh. For me it was sig or you, and you really only cause I trust Silvers read here, but now it is you, and sig if you claim.

I can wait towards the end to vote, though, if there is a claim. Glorfindel did not claim yet, did he?

@JJJ, where it started for BR is when Epi was lynched, I said something like, "OMG he's a rezzed baddie?" and she said, rather sharply, "Why did you say that?". That remark of mine pinged her, and tbh her quick question is the main reason I think she is a civ, and have thought so all game. Bad BR would never do that imo. That was Day 1 that we lunched Epi, right? So she has had at least some level of suspicion of me pretty much the entire game. It just came to a head during the Cain thing.

Linki, why shouldn't Epi keep his claim?
How can one be to the top of the list moved when suggest her previous post does that for Glorfindel she will vote? If not already atop her list, weak her reasoning is in this post. Never did suspicion of me Glorfindel state in his post. Express did he the desire to remove me from the game but out of suspicion not. Glorfindel's words did S~V~S twist. Yes, this was the post that my attention grabbed. Back I read through to evaluate, for sudden this comment seemed.
S~V~S wrote:
Matt wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Vompatti wrote:So say we all. :beer:

D12
I thought we already sunk all the Cylon Battleships?
I immediately saw this post from Vomps and started laughing at his silliness.

And I'm wondering why SVS responded to it so seriously. Hrm.

SVS is actually one of my topsie civ reads based on "other stuff" but her game thread speak has given me the heebies.

Also, I have to take a break for about an hour pretty soon, then I'll only have an hour left or so after that before work, and I'm still about 8 or 9 pages behind.

I'm trying!

Right now, I'm leaning on a Wilgy vote because I'm not a fan that he didn't claim until the bitter end of the last day phase. Also, did he officially claim that day? Epi said something about "10:02 eastern", I'm still not entirely sure if Wilgy made his claim before or after the phase was over.
Welcme Back!

I like talking to Vomps. I find him charming.

Welcome INH,it's old home week allover again, I am probably going to vote Glorfindel, but want to read back on today.

Linki, Image
On the fence she finds herself again, yes? Ooh hee hee hee!

In the final hour this last post comes:
S~V~S wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
Matt wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Ah but you need to go back and read how I replied to that post of BRs you quoted, Rabbit. I DID think all cylons were bad at the start of the game. I never saw this show. No one made any mention of potential civ cylons until after Epi was rezzed that I can recall.
I did. :biggrin:

Specifically listed Athena too, as I recall.

3J asked why I believe Wilgy is a confirmed civvie...I don't. But Dex (and maybe someone else, I think it was Rico who said I was on drugs) asked me to read the rest of the thread before I do that, so I thought maybe he became one.

Derp.
Yeah, he's definitely not. Basically my understand of things is that Dex provided very solid reasoning as to why we likely have two more civ cylons other than Epig, Cap Six and Leo. However, I have seen nothing that points to Wilgy being one of them.
Did you go back in Wilgys posts and look for what Dex said to look for? You should make the effort,imo.

If Glorfindel claims, and if the votes stay as they are, Zeebbit is gonna die, and I don't think he is bad. And I want to go to bed, so I gotta vote now.

So as a counterwagon, I am gonna vote sig as a just in case Glorf claims, since a few days ago everyone thought he was bad, and he has dropped way down since then, and I think him more likely to be bad than Rabbit, Wilgy or OA, the other people with votes.

Linki @Drum, maybe Dex is reluctant to talk about it becasue there may be certain things a certain glowy yellow metallic personage may not want him to say. Maybe think about that.

*voting sig*
On two premises is this vote founded. First, a counterwagon is needed so she suggests. Momentum had sig's train at the time, if correctly I recall. Second, protecting rabbit claims she as her intent. Two noble causes to justify a vote. Powerful defense this combination is. A powerful ally hindsight is. Protect her from suspicion if flip civ Glorfindel does, for she voted him not. Two justifiable reasons for voting holds she if lynched and civ sig is. A choice between two civvies she had I presume. Well defended from either result was she. Blinded was I at the time in my own pursuit of Glorfindel. Add to my shame this does.
-------------------------------------------------------

Overthinking it I fear Epignosis is. Logical Dex's viewpoint seems to me in only regarding the other three. How feel you about his quoted post and his response when questioned?
Dex wrote:
Dex wrote:SO SAY WE ALL!

SUSPECTS JOHN CAVIL

For my own part, I doubt that a vote for Cavil will do anything more than to buy him more time. I have to agree that a focus on the 4ofF5 is our most productive approach, even though that includes me. If we have to eliminate Cavil's team to get to Cavil, one or two of them are there, and that's a small pool of suspects to search.

Nero's throwing S~V~S to the brig is behaviorally positive civ cred, albeit very easy. If I was nero and mafia, I'd do the same. Meanwhile, Julliettes has chosen to pursue some arcane issue with Sok that seems rather beside the point. SpaceDaisy seems to be mostly lurking. There is little left to go by than reads, and I'm terrible at reads.

I find it ironic, though, that I have spent the entire game trying to defend civ cylons, only to find myself in their very predicament.
Dex wrote:#2
G-Man wrote:Trust you before resurrection I did but a question I have. Why in quotes is your post? Suspicious this looks. Yes, suspicious. As if in another thread you wrote it once before and for posting here copied it you did.
D'oh! Started with a much larger post with lots of quotes and decided to simplify, frakking it up beyond repair. Must learn to use the preview function.
A slip perhaps he has made?

Rest now I must. Strong is the pain in my groin.

Post 5 of 10 this is.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Five.

Overthinking?

I'm voting Dex.

Let's roll.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 186

Post by DrumBeats »

Still busy on vacation but going to drop by a quick vote on

John Cavil

Just in case people want to test that out so we can try out my plan. I'll try to catch up more later
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

Agree with you I do that Dex looks suspicious. Different our reasons are that lead us to this conclusion.

Vote now I will. Hockey must I watch. Pain must I ice.

vote = Dex

Post 6 of 10 this is.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

I need to vote because I'm going to bed. I'm still leaning bad on you Epig but the point you are raising against Dex looks reasonable. Makes me wonder if Glorfindel really was bad/seemer. Out of the other F5 I like Juliets way more than Daisy.

Vote Dex
Let's think like Epi, shall we?

Nero says he's good. He thinks I'm bad. He likes Juliets better than Daisy, which means he thinks Juliets is good. Yet he doesn't say Daisy is bad! It's "logically inconsistent"! Lynch him! Syllogisms and shit, lol.

I can't believe I had to burn so many posts defending myself against this bullshit "logic". Way to go, Epi.
*indiglowing*
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Six.
Dex wrote:#9

Vote Dex
Let's think like Epi, shall we?

Nero says he's good. He thinks I'm bad. He likes Juliets better than Daisy, which means he thinks Juliets is good. Yet he doesn't say Daisy is bad! It's "logically inconsistent"! Lynch him! Syllogisms and shit, lol.

I can't believe I had to burn so many posts defending myself against this bullshit "logic". Way to go, Epi.
Your comparison is poor.

Nerolunar good.
Juliets good.
Dex bad.
Spacedaisy bad.

I see no inconsistency there. That's two and two. The man took a stance on everybody, even if it took like forty hours to get there. You didn't. You called juliets good, which means you have to believe Nerolunar and Spacedaisy are BOTH bad if you are good and believe in two and two. You took a soft stance on Spacedaisy, but there was no room for a soft stance.

Easiest thing in the world.
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

You're unbelievable. Nero didn't call SpaceDaisy bad anymore than I called Juliets good.

Votes John Cavil
*indiglowing*
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Post #8
G-Man wrote:Agree with you I do that Dex looks suspicious. Different our reasons are that lead us to this conclusion.

Vote now I will. Hockey must I watch. Pain must I ice.

vote = Dex

Post 6 of 10 this is.
This sucks butts because you're mafia.

If Dex turns out to be civ/indie I'm gonna lynch you tomorrow, man-that-is-FF-or-Doral.
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

Go for it. Lynch me. You guys have been so blindly led by the Mafia (who aren't even effin CYLONS! for the most part!) to kill all the cylons. I've been literally harping on it since the big inning of the game, I don't know how much more vocal I can be with out getting punished again. You're hunting the WEONG PEOPLE!!!! You want to kill all the good cylons while the bad humans win the game? Go for it.

PS: my vote for polo wasn't weird, it was annoyance for something he did to me. DERPPPPPPPPP
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Post #9
ObscureAllure wrote:Go for it. Lynch me. You guys have been so blindly led by the Mafia (who aren't even effin CYLONS! for the most part!) to kill all the cylons. I've been literally harping on it since the big inning of the game, I don't know how much more vocal I can be with out getting punished again. You're hunting the WEONG PEOPLE!!!! You want to kill all the good cylons while the bad humans win the game? Go for it.

PS: my vote for polo wasn't weird, it was annoyance for something he did to me. DERPPPPPPPPP
You voted for me today and you say we're hurting the wrong people. :confused2:
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Black Rock »

ObscureAllure wrote:Go for it. Lynch me. You guys have been so blindly led by the Mafia (who aren't even effin CYLONS! for the most part!) to kill all the cylons. I've been literally harping on it since the big inning of the game, I don't know how much more vocal I can be with out getting punished again. You're hunting the WEONG PEOPLE!!!! You want to kill all the good cylons while the bad humans win the game? Go for it.

Who are the bad humans? I mean I heard Cain was but....

ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Black Rock wrote:

Who are the bad humans? I mean I heard Cain was but....

Well I just jinxed my game. Son of a ...
I have no idea why I put in dead red.

While I'm making a post I might as well say good work JJJ, I read most of it and found your thoughts insightful.

ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 287

Post by sig »

sig wrote:Post 3

I'll be writing up some stuff about SVS/Epi interaction later. I think Wilgy comes out looking bad from JJJ's ISO and I still believe he should be lynched.

Right now I'd be fine with an Epi, Wilgy, and to a lesser extent OA lynch. I DO NOT THINK WE SHOULD VOTE FOR CAVIL AT ALL!
Also I see no reason to vote for Polo that is strange.
Post 4 yay well this never happened. My day got really busy with the grandparents visiting and getting ready for my graduation party.
I will do it during the night phase I guess the quick skim is that Epi didn't look that much worse just a bit, and Wilgy looked much worse imo.

Also again why are we lkynching Cavil? I think two things will happen either he will get more power or we will have wasted a day phase, this is stupid just ignore them.

This makes no sense, nobody is saying we should kill all the cylons if they were we'd be lynching WIlgy and Epi today not someone else. I wouldn't mind lynching OA at some point. I'd be fine with a Gman lynch, but will hold my vote for the time and if it isn't needed to vote for Gman I'll be voting for Epi or Wilgy. Since they should be lynched.
ImageImage
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 153

Post by rabbit8 »

Lol, ok.

Oa
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Seven.
sig wrote:

I'll be writing up some stuff about SVS/Epi interaction later. I think Wilgy comes out looking bad from JJJ's ISO and I still believe he should be lynched.

Right now I'd be fine with an Epi, Wilgy, and to a lesser extent OA lynch. I DO NOT THINK WE SHOULD VOTE FOR CAVIL AT ALL!
Post 4 yay well this never happened. My day got really busy with the grandparents visiting and getting ready for my graduation party.
I will do it during the night phase I guess the quick skim is that Epi didn't look that much worse just a bit, and Wilgy looked much worse imo.

Also again why are we lkynching Cavil? I think two things will happen either he will get more power or we will have wasted a day phase, this is stupid just ignore them.

This makes no sense, nobody is saying we should kill all the cylons if they were we'd be lynching WIlgy and Epi today not someone else. I wouldn't mind lynching OA at some point. I'd be fine with a Gman lynch, but will hold my vote for the time and if it isn't needed to vote for Gman I'll be voting for Epi or Wilgy. Since they should be lynched.
You mean to tell me you have no opinion on Dex? No comment on what I said? Nothing? Jesus, sig. Get it together.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Who are you even talking to? I genuinely have no idea. I don't see anyone promoting a "kill all cylons" agenda. This hysteria seems to be inspired by nothing real, and without a name specifically addressed it's just a bizarre umbrella criticism which is preaching to the choir.

~~~

My preferred lynch is Wilgy. Does this have support among people who still have an open vote?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

sig wrote:

Yup because all the cylons lynched so far are definitely Mafia. Y'all don't think it's weird that outside of polo knowing Cavil, all the other cylons have been good, even the ones who lore says should be bad?! And now suddenly lots of people post I'm bad with NO evidence, and with someone out there saying they know who I am and I'm good (and they were right about Cavil) but y'all want to lynch me anyway. It's ridiculous how well the Mafia have convinced you guys that this game is set up a certain way and even with allllllllll the evidence pointing otherwise, you're still just chugging right along.

Not kill all the cylons, kill all the civvie cylons. And you have. Y'all have managed to kill all but one civvie Cylons and y'all talking about killing me now. Ridiculous.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Post 5

Also there is no proof we have bad humans all the humans have been good who have flipped so far.

linki: I'm GTH new Dex as bad and liked your case on him, I wouldn't mind voting for him, which makes me less likely to vote for you.

Also OA nutella was bad, so cylon death wise we're doing good. Two mafia, one Independent, and one civ.
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

First, I want to just clarify something that's been repeated in several posts today. I don't know about the other 3 of the 4 who came back but I said I thought 2 out of 5, not 2 out of 4, would be bad, and that was just a guess. So in my mind, it could be only 1 out of the 4 who returned might be bad and the second bad would be the 4th out of 5 - the one we don't know yet. And note that I pointed out that lore said 4 out of 5 were good so that is also a possibility in my mind.

Up until recently I would have said I don't know who might be bad out of the other 3 but most recently Epi has convinced me it is Dex. I too thought he was saying he thought I was good. The rest of Epi's logic follows from there.

I don't understand what the plan is for the John Cavil votes. Didn't several people say they thought all Cavil's people would have to be gone before he (she) could be lynched? I know Drumbeats had a plan but it didn't seem like it accommodated that possible game construct. And otherwise I just don't understand enough about it to vote there.

So for me tonight it's Dex. I hope you are bad Dex because i will feel really bad if you turn out to be a civ cylon.

Voting Dex
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 153

Post by rabbit8 »

rabbit8 wrote:

Lol, ok.

Oa

Every human lynched has been town aligned. Some of the cylons have been bad. You make no sense.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

sig wrote:

Post 6
ignore my mentioning of Gman I meant Dex, I have no idea how I confused there name.
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I gotta go. I'll hop aboard the Dex wagon. At least I feel decent about some of his voters.

Dex

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Post 7
ALSO per the new law

I suspect John Cavil

Also I'll be voting for Wilgy I'd rather he be lynched then Dex.

linki: I thought JJJ was going to vote forWilgy? :shrug:
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:#9

Who are you even talking to? I genuinely have no idea. I don't see anyone promoting a "kill all cylons" agenda. This hysteria seems to be inspired by nothing real, and without a name specifically addressed it's just a bizarre umbrella criticism which is preaching to the choir.

~~~

My preferred lynch is Wilgy. Does this have support among people who still have an open vote?
I would support a Wilgy lynch.

ImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 173

Post by DrWilgy »

This doesn't feel right. Dex shouldn't have such a lead if he's bad should he?

At the time of his hard defence of me I swore he was civ, but since new alignments were supposedly handed out, idk what to think of him.

Sokoth is still chillin... Sig don't just agree with JJJ before I've replied, there's something odd in there. I'll point it out as soon as Im at a cpu.

I'm not going to vote Cavil... I know that much. A shame no one let me have my battle with Sokoth.

Duel(6)

Linki - Dont lynch me!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

I'm voting for...

Wilgy

linki: Why not? I believe you to be bad. Actually I thought there would be more of a push on you and Epig but the thread moved other ways. It actually makes me suspect you more.
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Black Rock wrote:I'm voting for...

Wilgy

linki: Why not? I believe you to be bad. Actually I thought there would be more of a push on you and Epig but the thread moved other ways. It actually makes me suspect you more.
Because I'm civ. Are you still set on lynching me for no reason? I already asked you about this afew times and gave up. Willing to address anything else that I've stated? I'm not going back to defending against baseless claims.

How about we just lynch all the anti cylon players?

Duel(7)
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 95

Post by SokothQultuq »

juliets wrote:So Say We All!
I don't think we have to number posts anymore.

Ok Sokoth I'm going to try one more time.

1. My point has nothing to do with Wilgy or any other person in the game besides you or anyone you've given a read on.
2. Back when you were arguing about claiming you gave reasons for doing so. The reason I remember most was at the end when you said you were just testing the waters (you already acknowledged this in one of the posts we've had in this sequence). Here is an example:
SokothQultuq wrote: One thing you will come to understand about me in the future is that I do stick to my convictions when I believe I am right, or until I'm shown I'm wrong. But I need more than just a one line explanation that it has a benefit that I see as weak at best. I agree that saving a life is important but sometimes that's just not enough for me, I test the waters. Get more information. Clearly no one else is going to step up and make a better argument so I will fall in line as you've asked.
So in this quote you gave your reasons, one being you stick to your convictions until shown you are wrong and you were testing the waters or getting more information.
3. Right before the end of the lynch you made this comment:
SokothQultuq wrote:Post 4?

You guys keep asking me to lay out something that I've already laid out, your either not reading what i'm saying or your ignoring it in order to cause some sort of controversy. So here I'll make it easy.

Its my understanding that claiming ones self to be a Cylon while being a non-cylon meant if you got Lynched you died.
4. You are saying here that you believed that claiming to be cylon while being a non cylon meant you died if you got lynched. Why did you never use this reason back when you were arguing about not wanting to claim? If you really believed that, it would have been normal to mention that reason when you were making your argument. Instead, all you talked about was what I mentioned in point 3. So did you not mention it because you are cylon and it didn't apply to you? Or did you think about it later and add that reason? And where did you get the idea that if you were a non-cylon and claimed you were a cylon you would get lynched. The Law that introduced the concept was very clear it applied to cylons only.

I think I've laid this out chronologically in a way that is understandable. Please respond when you get a chance.
Yes, I do believe you have. And your right I misunderstood your earlier posts. LOL

To answer your question my intention was to claim all along as I said I was testing the waters to see what reactions would happen based on my not claiming and outright voicing that opinion. In that second quote of yours where I am stating "Its my understanding that claiming ones self to be a Cylon while being a non-cylon meant if you got Lynched you died." I was trying to get clarification to solidify my position.
Basically ensuring that I was right on that but no one wanted to step up and say Yes. It wasn't so much that I was avoiding it, but didnt think about it until I realized that he survived that lynch. And the question to how came to mind, and it dawned on me that he claimed. Didnt die. A human player would have if I'm not mistaken. Because only Cylons were to be saved by that policy.
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

Oh so now you guys listen about Wigly. :eyeroll:
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

DrWilgy wrote:So say we all.

Ugg... I had a bigger paragraph but it was eaten... :disappoint:

Sokoth, why have you, for the most part, been addressing the crowd instead of me? Then, when you do address me, you don't reply to my response. Why?

Constantly going on about me from the 3rd person and not responding to me tells me this: You aren't ever planning on reading what I've stated nor have you had intention of actually reading me different. You aren't going to reevaluate and you are going to stick on me till one of us dies. You are stuck in a loop where you are feeling 100%. Here's the catch, civs aren't 100% and this constant tunneling is far from what I would consider civvie like behavior. Why have you been swapping through "Wilgy may be a Cylon", and "Wilgy's a bad cylon"? Explain this inconsistency to me, for it's over my head. Why did you ignore my comment about Sig? A major factor of your case on me was "Wilgy survived funny so he must be bad". Do you know why Sig survived afew days ago? Why is that not suspicious? Your thoughts on him were "haha idk how to read you", when based on how you've been reading me, it should be "Until someone explains how Sig survives we should lunch him". What about Epi? You left him as good based on lore, yet he's a cylon. How does this add up when several others have noticed that lore is being broken more and more oftenly?

EVERYONE!!
I'm tired of this charade between Sokoth and I. This phase can Sokoth and I have a 1v1? You vote either me or him? My dance partner hasn't been responsive, steps on my toes, shows inconsistency and double standards, and addresses me in the 3rd person all the time instead of talking straight to me (which is rude considering he asked me for this dance).

Also... Looking back on SVS. I don't think she was lying about trying to get caught. She dropped several hints that (looking back now) should've been hard scumtells. Based on this and my previous gut feeling I think it would be more wise to ignore Cavil.

Do we still need to number posts?

Oh... @Sig I recall you stating that my reason for voting SVS was weak. Plz recall that I commented on OA's thoughts before the SVS wagon was a thing.

Guesses on a current Scumteam combo:
SVS, Nutella, Sig, Sokoth, JJJ? Does that work? Maybe SVS, Nutella, Rico, OA, and Daisy...

Duel(1)

Wilgy,

Yes I have been reading your posts however I am not convinced. I feel like your on the defensive ever since I started claiming that you were a cylon and even after the realization hit me that you actually are. Now weather you are good or bad, I'm still leaning towards bad because your reaction and action just continues to reflect that to me. Someone who had nothing to hide wouldnt be so defensive in my opinion. So essentialy I have read your reactions and posts and just continued on because I feel like your just being reactive. I'm still watching. My opinion could change, but I strongly believe that your not of the good cylon persuasion. If I'm proven wrong in the end I will admit it and feel sorry that you've passed on but I have to go with my gut on this and say that I feel your bad. You've shown me no real good cause to think otherwise yet. I'll be watching. Its what I do. LOL

You can continue to post your opposition to my opinion or you can change my mind by your actions. Or we can continue to argue. But it will be a one way street because I wont encourage such things. Show me. Stop trying to tell me!
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 43

Post by insertnamehere »

I'd love to of seen a game like this about Lost played with a bunch of Lost fans, all of which intimately knew the lore and were in constant show-referencing debate over how it relates to the game.

This is a great, unique mechanic that has the effect of completely unsettling the entire thread.

Much like in the show, cylons are slowly beginning to integrate with the crew of the Battlestar, while they face great opposition from people who assume they are in fact bad and from themselves, as the ultimate objective in their coding remains a mystery.

Epignosis is a cylon that I switch between trusting and not trusting, seemingly with every post he posts. I don't see or agree with his case on Dex, and I share Wilgy's concerns of a runaway bandwagon.

So I'm gonna pick the boring obvious choice and vote for John Cavil.

OA, Wilgy, Epig, and all of the F5 are people I'm gonna try and research in the future. I feel like I don't have enough info in this oblique game to securely condemn any of them.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

ObscureAllure wrote:Oh so now you guys listen about Wigly. :eyeroll:
So say We all because in my Zelous desire to post I forgot this. LOL

LOL I have been a long time ago. LOL Just no one seems to see it. And he talks a good game. I'm just waiting to see something that says he's not bad and i've not seen it yet.

Woops... I think thats like post 1 and 2...

Now this one is 3.. Yeah...

To drop the name of the game as requested: John Cavil

I went and seen Warcraft last night.. That was awesome! Which is why I wasn't here at all yesterday. Work, Movie, Bed... it was worth it.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

CRAP! By minutes....
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Eight.
SokothQultuq wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:Oh so now you guys listen about Wigly. :eyeroll:
So say We all because in my Zelous desire to post I forgot this. LOL

LOL I have been a long time ago. LOL Just no one seems to see it. And he talks a good game. I'm just waiting to see something that says he's not bad and i've not seen it yet.

Woops... I think thats like post 1 and 2...

Now this one is 3.. Yeah...

To drop the name of the game as requested: John Cavil

I went and seen Warcraft last night.. That was awesome! Which is why I wasn't here at all yesterday. Work, Movie, Bed... it was worth it.
Poll ended minutes ago. Your vote doesn't count.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

If it's before the host post, doesn't it count?

Or does that depend on the graciousness of the host?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Nine.

Spacedaisy didn't vote or post at all today.

:ponder:
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Post 7 I don't like those last two votes for Cavil at all especially since i suspect voting at all for Cavil can give them some sort of power.

I really really reallly want to lynch wilgy tomorrow.

linki: If it is before then we are still on the last day I think?
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Epignosis wrote:Nine.

Spacedaisy didn't vote or post at all today.

:ponder:

Do you think she is laying low or just afk?
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

sig wrote:Post 7 I don't like those last two votes for Cavil at all especially since i suspect voting at all for Cavil can give them some sort of power.

I really really reallly want to lynch wilgy tomorrow.

linki: If it is before then we are still on the last day I think?

How would voting for the outed leader of the mafia give someone powers?

I know this is a game where everything's up in the air, but come on
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

@Sokoth don't tell me how to play, and if you want me to get agressive then I'll be lynching you. You still have yet to comment on anything outside the realm of your suspicion on me. I asked you very specifically on 2 other players and you have ignored them.

SokothQultuq

Go ahead and lymch me then Sig. Stop talking about it. You too OA.

While I feel bad about those who are argueing or have argued for my lynch on what feels baseless, the order of scumminess is this Sokoth, Sig, BR, Daisy, OA and DrumBeats (least scummiest).

In regards to me asking everyone for a duel. Why did I see no comments on it. Did I miss it? Enough people want to lynch me, so at least give me this.

Duel(8)
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Ah shit... Missed submitting the vote while writing that post...
Image Image Image
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Post #10

A duel would be pretty fracking cool! I don't think Sokoth is mafia tho
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Post 9 Wilgy I am and your vote is way late, and I did build a case on you and gace reasoning.

@INH I've seen such powers before on other sites and some variants here on TS, I doubt we can lynch Cavil/SVS and seeing how she wanted to be lynched last time I wouldn't be surprised if she had some sort of power if she is voted for. At the very least I think it will result in a no lynch.
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

sig wrote:Post 9 Wilgy I am and your vote is way late, and I did build a case on you and gace reasoning.
Was that in regards to my vote on SVS and JJJ's ISO? If not I missed it. Did you respond to my response regarding my SVS vote? I skimmed your ISO and didn't see it.

Duel(9)
Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”