JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day 10

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote:#5

First, I want to just clarify something that's been repeated in several posts today. I don't know about the other 3 of the 4 who came back but I said I thought 2 out of 5, not 2 out of 4, would be bad, and that was just a guess. So in my mind, it could be only 1 out of the 4 who returned might be bad and the second bad would be the 4th out of 5 - the one we don't know yet. And note that I pointed out that lore said 4 out of 5 were good so that is also a possibility in my mind.
juliets clarified that 2:2 is not the ratio she was assuming. She guessed at 2 out of FIVE, not 2 out of 4.

The mechanical case against Spacedaisy is evaporated, IMO. There's still a valid case that she's suspicious at face value.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day 11

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:My turn to borrow Matt's tinfoil beanie.

Dex and Spacedaisy were the only two of the people resurrected to have been Night killed.

Nerolunar and juliets were not Night killed.

Perhaps there is a John Cavil recruitment among the Final Five only, but it involves being Night killed first.
What if Dex and/or Spacedaisy would have survived up to this point. Dex was mighty close, in fact.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

Oh, I still plan on voting Spacedaisy. Her last post was her response to me here.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I would at least agree with the assertion that if there's a recruitment mechanic in this game, it is the Final Five mechanic, not something separate. Dex could be enough to satisfy that tinfoil on his own.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:Oh, I still plan on voting Spacedaisy. Her last post was her response to me here.
It's not a good post, I concur.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:
Epignosis wrote:My turn to borrow Matt's tinfoil beanie.

Dex and Spacedaisy were the only two of the people resurrected to have been Night killed.

Nerolunar and juliets were not Night killed.

Perhaps there is a John Cavil recruitment among the Final Five only, but it involves being Night killed first.
What if Dex and/or Spacedaisy would have survived up to this point. Dex was mighty close, in fact.
Then the Final Five would have not been revealed.

I think Vompatti was the fifth man, but he got modkilled. Hence, the Final Four.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I have a question about the fifth F5, actually...

Do we believe he can only awaken upon death, the way every F5 has hinted at (died, find out he's/she's Cylon, receive real info) or has he awoken, too?

If the former, is there any basis or plausibility of him turning Cavil-aligned? The issue I see with this would have to do with the game flow. Imagine the character would die right before a lylo cycle. Him converting to Cavil's faction would automatically break the game in mafia's favor. This is, granted, the most extreme hypothesis, but still... Either the fifth is awake and his side is now clear, either he is yet to awake, but then the idea of him being a dormant baddie, this late in the game, would be completely off balance.

linki: Vompatti could have been anything.

I don't see how a "here are five roles; if they don't (all) die within the first nine cycles, ech, forget about it" design is plausible.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote: linki: Vompatti could have been anything.

I don't see how a "here are five roles; if they don't (all) die within the first nine cycles, ech, forget about it" design is plausible.
I should have clarified with "yet." My meaning is that the Final Five aren't revealed until they're all dead.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Good guess, then, although Vompatti was offed on Day Eight. What kept the Host from revealing the F5 then, instead of one Day later? My guess is "events", independent of the F5's alive status. Which... would lean towards the fifth F5 is also awake theory.

:shrug2:

Do you still suspect JJJ, btw? For what it's worth, I don't really, but that shouldn't surprise you. :noble:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

No, I don't.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm out to play ultimate frisbee (another one of the three things that trumps Mafia). I'll be back well in time though. For the moment I am feeling the best about a lynch of Spacedaisy or DrWilgy.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Is the third thing domino?

I'm out, too, for now.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dex wrote:3.
ObscureAllure wrote:Dex: what's your surety on Wigly being a civvie? Can you back it up with anything? Because I can back my end up and unless something is amiss, that boy is bad. It kind of weird a me out that you sound sure, when I know you can't be (or he's got multiple personality disorder.)
The same way you've said you know something; I saw something in the thread that I'm forbidden to talk about. The conclusion is inescapable. If you want to present your case though, I'd be happy to critique it. IIRC, it had some assumptions about the numbers of civ and mafia cylons in the game.
I don't understand how this logic works. If there's something he saw that he's forbidden to talk about, then shouldn't he also be forbidden to talk about being forbidden to talk about it? The potential damage is nearly the same. We'll see though when I look back to his original Wilgy defense.
If it's in the thread, it's fair game for talking about- that's what the thread is for. If there's something illegal in the thread, the host or mod can delete it, but I don't think Dex was referring to something that wound up deleted, because if he were, it is unlikely he would have been the only one to have seen it. So I don't believe this.

I would rather consider this:

Tory Foster – Tory is a savvy political advisor, who is focussed more on the result than on the ethics of getting there. Once in the game, Tory can PM the host during the day period and determine the identity of the person who will be lynched that day.

Logistically speaking, I don't know how this would work out time-wise, because even the host wouldn't know who was getting lynched before all the votes fall into play. The only thing that makes sense to me is if this functions in conjunction with the Cylon Amnesty Act, when, after Wilgy claimed to be a Cylon, Foster could check him.

But even that doesn't make sense to the letter, since the phase "who will be lynched that day" would mean that Wilgy would have had to have been lynched, but he wasn't. Furthermore, "identity" doesn't mean alignment, I don't think. Dex claimed to know Wilgy's alignment, but was adamant he didn't know his role.

Unless the definition of "determine" doesn't mean "ascertain," but rather "decides." :|
Yes, it means decides. Tory can decide, once, who gets lynched.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Oh, so identity = name of the player. A lynch switch then.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

:eek:

Could she also have decided on nobody to get lynched?
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

Nerolunar wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:Posting urgently from my phone.

I dont have btsc with anyone. Not even juliets. Its just reads.

Soooo dont place too much stock in my statements in regards to that. See you later.
What made you suspect that there is a 2:2 split among the resurrectees?
An educated guess based on what would be fair design. I can't imagine 3 baddies revived + the already fairly large number of original baddies would be fair, so a split seems reasonable to me.

Can someone break down the whole Wilgy thing for me? Did he evoke the amnesty act/avoided lynch? What happened?

Why do people think OA is suspicious?
At the end of Day 5, Wilgy made his amnesty claim. Wilgy and Long Con had been tied after 13 votes before a late run on Wilgy pushed him out to a wide lead. Wilgy actually botched the original claim but Polo corrected him. Wilgy made an almost literal last-minute correction. The lynch bypassed Wilgy and Long Con was lynched instead. Not sure why Polo corrected Wilgy but it's a non-issue because I read Polo as a civ.
Epignosis wrote:
Ricochet wrote: linki: Vompatti could have been anything.

I should have clarified with "yet." My meaning is that the Final Five aren't revealed until they're all dead.
That actually makes sense. Vomp was modkilled Day 8 and the Final Five rezz came with the Night 8 post.

Linki: Rico- They were probably rezzed with the night post so they could be on the poll. Easier for people to track votes for Final Fivers in the poll even though thread votes are what count. Out of sight, out of mind, you know? Polo had also already voted Day 8 when Vomp was modkilled. With all votes being final, maybe Golden the Coward ;) wanted to keep it fair?
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:Oh, so identity = name of the player. A lynch switch then.
It doesn't necessarily result in a switch, in the way a genuine lynch switch must. But in essence, yes, Tory just names who gets lynched for the day.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Ricochet wrote::eek:

Could she also have decided on nobody to get lynched?
No
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Nerolunar came back with his ability, so I can only assume Dex had his switch available when he got lynched unless he used it before.

The only thing that immediately makes sense is that he used it Day 6, when sig should have been lynched but wasn't. Perhaps Dex targeted someone else who would could not be lynched for whatever reason.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

This was Dex's reaction to the non-lynch:
Dex wrote:I don't get why sig wasn't lynched. Theories?
Dex wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Too bad we don't know if Glorf is a cylon or not now because of someone's save.
He had the most votes. He declared. He wasn't lynched. He's a cylon.
Dex wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Now we have a conundrum. We don't know why either of these players survived, one may be Gaius, Glorf may be cylon. We don't know anything now because of coinflips...
Wilgs, you're laboring under misapprehensions. Glorfindel had the most votes and is a cylon. Gaius' immunity didn't kick in until after the lynch.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Epignosis wrote:Nerolunar came back with his ability, so I can only assume Dex had his switch available when he got lynched unless he used it before.

The only thing that immediately makes sense is that he used it Day 6, when sig should have been lynched but wasn't. Perhaps Dex targeted someone else who would could not be lynched for whatever reason.
All the people who received votes on Day 6 were:

Glorfindel- 7
Sig- 5
Zebra/Rabbit- 3
Wilgy- 2
Black Rock- 1
DrumBeats- 1
OA- 1

I don't remeber who all claimed by that point though. I think it's in my spreadsheet but I'm on the couch with ice again. Lefty if doing just fine but Righty not so much. :(
My Banners:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

G-Man, you said this:
G-Man wrote:Agree with you I do that Dex looks suspicious. Different our reasons are that lead us to this conclusion.

Vote now I will. Hockey must I watch. Pain must I ice.

vote = Dex

Post 6 of 10 this is.
You didn't name your reasons, but the only thing I saw from you about Dex that Day was this:
G-Man wrote:Overthinking it I fear Epignosis is. Logical Dex's viewpoint seems to me in only regarding the other three.
You felt I was overthinking my reason for thinking Dex was bad. I thought my reason was well thought out, but okay.

What you came up with left me scratching my head, and I didn't really read it carefully because of the Yodaspeak. I read it more carefully today.
G-Man wrote:How feel you about his quoted post and his response when questioned?
Dex wrote:
Dex wrote:SO SAY WE ALL!

SUSPECTS JOHN CAVIL

For my own part, I doubt that a vote for Cavil will do anything more than to buy him more time. I have to agree that a focus on the 4ofF5 is our most productive approach, even though that includes me. If we have to eliminate Cavil's team to get to Cavil, one or two of them are there, and that's a small pool of suspects to search.

Nero's throwing S~V~S to the brig is behaviorally positive civ cred, albeit very easy. If I was nero and mafia, I'd do the same. Meanwhile, Julliettes has chosen to pursue some arcane issue with Sok that seems rather beside the point. SpaceDaisy seems to be mostly lurking. There is little left to go by than reads, and I'm terrible at reads.

I find it ironic, though, that I have spent the entire game trying to defend civ cylons, only to find myself in their very predicament.
Dex wrote:#2
G-Man wrote:Trust you before resurrection I did but a question I have. Why in quotes is your post? Suspicious this looks. Yes, suspicious. As if in another thread you wrote it once before and for posting here copied it you did.
D'oh! Started with a much larger post with lots of quotes and decided to simplify, frakking it up beyond repair. Must learn to use the preview function.
A slip perhaps he has made?

Rest now I must. Strong is the pain in my groin.

Post 5 of 10 this is.
What other thread? :huh:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Epignosis wrote:G-Man, you said this:
G-Man wrote:Agree with you I do that Dex looks suspicious. Different our reasons are that lead us to this conclusion.

vote = Dex

Post 6 of 10 this is.
You didn't name your reasons, but the only thing I saw from you about Dex that Day was this:
G-Man wrote:Overthinking it I fear Epignosis is. Logical Dex's viewpoint seems to me in only regarding the other three.
You felt I was overthinking my reason for thinking Dex was bad. I thought my reason was well thought out, but okay.

What you came up with left me scratching my head, and I didn't really read it carefully because of the Yodaspeak. I read it more carefully today.
G-Man wrote:How feel you about his quoted post and his response when questioned?
Dex wrote:

SUSPECTS JOHN CAVIL

For my own part, I doubt that a vote for Cavil will do anything more than to buy him more time. I have to agree that a focus on the 4ofF5 is our most productive approach, even though that includes me. If we have to eliminate Cavil's team to get to Cavil, one or two of them are there, and that's a small pool of suspects to search.

Nero's throwing S~V~S to the brig is behaviorally positive civ cred, albeit very easy. If I was nero and mafia, I'd do the same. Meanwhile, Julliettes has chosen to pursue some arcane issue with Sok that seems rather beside the point. SpaceDaisy seems to be mostly lurking. There is little left to go by than reads, and I'm terrible at reads.

I find it ironic, though, that I have spent the entire game trying to defend civ cylons, only to find myself in their very predicament.
G-Man wrote:Trust you before resurrection I did but a question I have. Why in quotes is your post? Suspicious this looks. Yes, suspicious. As if in another thread you wrote it once before and for posting here copied it you did.
D'oh! Started with a much larger post with lots of quotes and decided to simplify, frakking it up beyond repair. Must learn to use the preview function.

Post 5 of 10 this is.
A private thread. Since Biblical and Economics, I haven't heard many people mention chat rooms for BTSC communication. Private forum threads like the ones we had for the prison in Turf Wars are in vogue now. His post was quoted by himself. I thought it was weird. The only time I've ever almost done that to myself is when I quote my last batch of technicolors in order to work up the next set but I usually catch it before I post because I proofread via hitting 'Preview.' It looked like, instead of copying his post from somewhere else, he quoted it but forgot to get rid of the quote tags.
My Banners:
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

And you wonder why I thought G-Man was mafia.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

G-Man wrote:
Epignosis wrote:G-Man, you said this:

vote = Dex

Post 6 of 10 this is.

Dex wrote:

SUSPECTS JOHN CAVIL

Post 5 of 10 this is.
A private thread. Since Biblical and Economics, I haven't heard many people mention chat rooms for BTSC communication. Private forum threads like the ones we had for the prison in Turf Wars are in vogue now. His post was quoted by himself. I thought it was weird. The only time I've ever almost done that to myself is when I quote my last batch of technicolors in order to work up the next set but I usually catch it before I post because I proofread via hitting 'Preview.' It looked like, instead of copying his post from somewhere else, he quoted it but forgot to get rid of the quote tags.
In vogue? There have been about 19 full / speed games since Biblical and Economics. I know for a fact that at least 13 of those used chatzy for BTSC (because I either had it, hosted it, or someone mentioned it at endgame). I think maybe two or three had had private threads.

That's just a bizarre and obscure thing to vote Dex over. Dex quotes his own post in its first incarnation, and your immediate view wasn't that he screwed up some tags or something, but that he quoted his own post in a private thread and then forgot to remove the quote tags?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

All I can go on is my personal experience with that kind of quote screw-up. Usually when someone butchers a quote there is a broken quote somewhere in their post. That's the norm I've seen. When was the last time you saw someone mess up a post that resulted in their standalone post being quoted by themselves? It stood out to me for that reason.

Also the recent norm for me is private threads for BTSC. I don't play as many games as most. In the recent games I've played I've seen hosts say baddie threads will be kept private or players asking for such threads to be kept private (well, except for the Turf Wars prison threads- those should be required reading material. :nicenod: ). I don't know the technical goingson of games run here like you do, so cry your pardon for my limited viewpoint.
My Banners:
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 80

Post by Nerolunar »

It is weird, but would a baddie really bus at this point? :ponder: It's risky.

Do the baddies even know which of the F5 are their teammates? They might not even have BTSC.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

So I did this today and you can all either take a gander at it or shrug it off. I realized after a while that I jumped over Polo, but then decided not to review him, not necessarily because his SVS hunt would be instacred or anything, but... ok maybe because of that, actually. Oh, and because seven hours spent on this is probably enough for a day, even for my sorry ass standards.

Comment back in the thread, if you have any.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

G-Man wrote:All I can go on is my personal experience with that kind of quote screw-up. Usually when someone butchers a quote there is a broken quote somewhere in their post. That's the norm I've seen. When was the last time you saw someone mess up a post that resulted in their standalone post being quoted by themselves? It stood out to me for that reason.
People screwing up tags isn't something I ordinarily keep track of, I'm sorry to say.

So, you're saying you have experience with that kind of quote screw-up? You mentioned your colored voting posts, but your accusation was based on transferring text from one thread to another, so am I to understand that your experience with that kind of quote screw-up also involves transferring text from one thread to another? I was under the impression that your colored voting posts were housed in the same thread. In Transistor Mafia, I just quote my old lynch or Night post and replace the content, and on one occasion I posted without removing the quote tags. I edited my host post and removed them, but again, that was all in the same thread.

What you are proposing is that Dex wrote something in a private thread (why he would write what he did in a private thread is beyond me), then, instead of copying and pasting the content of his own post, he quotes it, and copies and pastes that business into the main thread without removing the tags.

That's too much for me. I don't buy it. Either you manufactured a reason to suspect Dex or you knew it to be true, and you, in accusing Dex of slipping, also slipped.
G-Man wrote:Also the recent norm for me is private threads for BTSC. I don't play as many games as most. In the recent games I've played I've seen hosts say baddie threads will be kept private or players asking for such threads to be kept private (well, except for the Turf Wars prison threads- those should be required reading material. :nicenod: ). I don't know the technical goingson of games run here like you do, so cry your pardon for my limited viewpoint.
Can you name all the games you've played that had private threads for BTSC? Can you name all the games you've played that did not?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

A few of the heist games I played and Spirited Away? :shrug:
My Banners:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

G-Man, do you happen to have the votecount for Day 10? Forgot to write it down yet again.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

I'm going to bed now( as usual at this time in the holidays. Oh well.) and I will be voting for -

Wilgy

I can't see that there should be more room for civ cylons in the original pool of baddies, so I'm going with this vote. I don't know the show apart from what has been discussed anyways, so I am not going to trust in people's interpretation of Caprica Six and Leoben.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Ricochet wrote:G-Man, do you happen to have the votecount for Day 10? Forgot to write it down yet again.
Actually no. Not on my smartphone anyway. I'll grab it from the computer after dinner.
My Banners:
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

I should have silenced Spacedaisy. She has not been here and will probably swoop in for a vote :suspish: Cavil is up next day for a time in the brig.

Good night everyone.
ImageImage

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

G-Man wrote:A few of the heist games I played and Spirited Away? :shrug:
I think Zodiac had private threads, but Spirited Away did not.

That's not important to me. What's important to me is your entire accusation of Dex was predicated on the idea of private threads.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:So I did this today and you can all either take a gander at it or shrug it off. I realized after a while that I jumped over Polo, but then decided not to review him, not necessarily because his SVS hunt would be instacred or anything, but... ok maybe because of that, actually. Oh, and because seven hours spent on this is probably enough for a day, even for my sorry ass standards.

Thanks for a fantastic effort, Rico. I'm reviewing it steadily, I'll return with feedback when I have it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Thanks for a fantastic effort, Rico. I'm reviewing it steadily, I'll return with feedback when I have it.
Naturally I read my own first because I'm a narcissist. Thoughts:

My Day 9 GTH town read on her was weak sauce and I feel like a dope. I had her and I let her off the hook at the last minute because she does a nice impression of an earnest player.

This whole thing: "thinks all her townreads are basis for clearance" is not true. I already refuted that assertion and clarified that context is everything -- and my interactive S~V~S ISOs illustrate where I thought it meant something and where it didn't.

I still think her treatment of me should make me look great, but whatever I'm me. She actually tried to turn her read around on me, took one look at my post history, and then said "oh screw this" and stuck with her civ read. :haha:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:So I did this today and you can all either take a gander at it or shrug it off. I realized after a while that I jumped over Polo, but then decided not to review him, not necessarily because his SVS hunt would be instacred or anything, but... ok maybe because of that, actually. Oh, and because seven hours spent on this is probably enough for a day, even for my sorry ass standards.

If you edit that document, does it count as editing your post and there by breaking the rules?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm going to have a shower and then decide whether my vote is going to Spacedaisy or G-Man.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

More thoughts on Ricochet's interactive S~V~S bullets:

G-Man - This is almost exactly the same thing that contributed to my town read on G-Man:

"This may surprise some of his hunters, but it doesn’t give me team vibes. I think SVS the Badster scrambled for a suspect on Day One (picking on G-Man’s quality of input) and then dropped it completely."

To me, G-Man looked like her Day 1 punching bag of choice, and when it didn't gain traction she didn't bother returning to it.

We seem to agree on how ObscureAllure emerges looking worse too.

SokothQultuq - "And some reward for SVS’s constant townreading of him. That Day Five argument about Sokoth seeming solo and focusing on doing whatever he can would sound genuine from anyone except SVS, right now."

This strikes me as a significant observation. S~V~S was the winner of this game's "who gives the most town reads GTH?" sweepstakes on Day 4. Sokoth would seem like a really easy opportunity for her to toss a baddie read into the inordinately large town pile, but she didn't take it. I have to imagine she'd feel the temptation to take advantage of that opportunity if SQ is not on her team. This might be the the most :ponder: moment for me in the game so far re: SQ, who I have generally defended.

Regarding DrWilgy, this is a point I continue to struggle with:

"Wilgy comes off from “civ” to “not sure”, based on Glorfindel’s flip; Wilgy in unsure camp on her list for the Admiral"

Wilgy was a major target for her before Dex put up that big defense based on nearly nothing but lore. So her "faith" in Wilgy was lore based. Then, when lore went belly-up, she just turned to waffle mode on Wilgy instead of a harsher stance like she had started with. That doesn't inspire me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

As requested by Ricochet, Day 10 votes:

1. POLO (ObscureAllure)
2. JOHN CAVIL (Matt)
3. DEX (Nerolunar)
4. DEX (Polo)
5. DEX (Epignosis)
6. JOHN CAVIL (DrumBeats)
7. DEX (G-Man)
8. JOHN CAVIL (Dex)
9. OBSCUREALLURE (rabbit8)
10. DEX (juliets)
11. DEX (JaggedJimmyJay)
12. DRWILGY (Black Rock)
13. JOHN CAVIL (insertnamehere)

MISSING VOTES:
-DrWilgy
-Ricochet
-S~V~S
-sig
-SokothQultuq
-Spacedaisy
My Banners:
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

Wigly vote and run
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Nerolunar wrote:I'm going to bed now( as usual at this time in the holidays. Oh well.) and I will be voting for -

Wilgy

I can't see that there should be more room for civ cylons in the original pool of baddies, so I'm going with this vote. I don't know the show apart from what has been discussed anyways, so I am not going to trust in people's interpretation of Caprica Six and Leoben.
"The original pool of baddies."

I don't even know what that means.
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day 9

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm considering a Spacedaisy vote, and I found myself thinking about her attack on Nero's "slip" in her most recent post. Looking back at the post in question:
Nerolunar wrote:I think it's 2/2, and I also believe the last final five has yet to die. The Final five are definitely aligned with Cavil and not independent I think.
I've decided this is not a slip and that calling it a slip is b/s. He clearly stated his belief in a 2/2 split, meaning he can't simultaneously be saying all of them are bad. That's silly. No thanks. I'll pass. I think she expected people to jump on his poor wording and was frustrated when it did not happen, because town showed restraint.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I think G-Man stepped in shit and in trying to cover it up, he's leaving a trail of bad explanations.

I think Spacedaisy exempted me from the very thing she voted S~V~S for, and she said I was twisting things, but she never came back to talk about that.
Fog of Love Host
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Fog of Love Host »

G-Man wrote:As requested by Ricochet, Day 10 votes:

1. POLO (ObscureAllure)
2. JOHN CAVIL (Matt)
3. DEX (Nerolunar)
4. DEX (Polo)
5. DEX (Epignosis)
6. JOHN CAVIL (DrumBeats)
7. DEX (G-Man)
8. JOHN CAVIL (Dex)
9. OBSCUREALLURE (rabbit8)
10. DEX (juliets)
11. DEX (JaggedJimmyJay)
12. DRWILGY (Black Rock)
13. JOHN CAVIL (insertnamehere)

MISSING VOTES:
-DrWilgy
-Ricochet
-S~V~S
-sig
-SokothQultuq
-Spacedaisy
I believe SVS was dead at that time. I was alive, but otherwise ocupado with zany prison related shenanigans. SVS =/= John Cavil for purposes of voting, although I must say she is one of my closest friends and a straight up awesome gal.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Have to go to bed. I'll choose Spacedaisy. I genuinely believe she didn't have enough willpower to return as a baddie and have to deal with her boss moving towards the guillotine, except to cling on the "town voice" and answer when asked.

My pool of suspects, from the reads, also includes Wilgy, Beats, Obscure and to a bit less extent Sokoth. If G-Man is bad, I cannot say it came out that way from the interactions for me. I'll keep a wary tag on JJJ due to how unconvincing his ISO partly showed up, but for what it's worth, I found his Dex scan to be appreciable. I agree with this segment:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:He continues his pre-death hard defense of Wilgy, and I suspect it was a genuine defense the first time around. I think he had no choice but to maintain that perspective after conversion or he'd draw unnecessary questions for it. He was Mr. Lore all game long, and he denies the relevance of lore to his read of DrWilgy -- this strikes me as B/S. There's no "evidence" in this game thread strong enough to exonerate Wilgy in this way, and any other information supporting this would render it an illegal infodump.
in that, if Wilgy cannot be Caprica Six, any other variant is no longer exonerable via lore, given how Boomer's flip was (relatively) off lore.

Spacedaisy
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

Anyone interested in voting Cavil? :grin:

If not I'll probably throw a vote Wilgy's way.

@Rico "blah" indeed. :beer:
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Regarding G-Man and his reason for suspecting/voting Dex ("the other thread"):

I can agree that it's a very specific and off-the-wall assertion, like something I'd expect to hear from Matt. I don't know why anyone would feel the need to prepare a large post in a separate thread and then copy it over to the game thread. There've been times when I've prepared posts off-site in a Word/Notepad document, but there's no potential for a mis-quote in that scenario.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I am voting Spacedaisy.

Return to “Previous Jobs”