Golden
33%

Total votes: 15
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day 12

Post by Matt »

Epignosis wrote:Matt, I am probably going to vote for G-Man because I think G-Man's "another thread" business with Dex was far too specific to be a natural thought and far too petty to be a genuine suspicion.

What say you?
I'm inclined to follow you and Polo after recent events with me being a total sucker. Tbh tho I have very little opinion of G-Man, in fact I would slightly town read him because of his colorful lists, but I admit those can be done as a baddie as well.

If I was voting simply based on who I wanted to vote for, it would be Cavil or Drumdrum, but I'll be holding my vote for as long as I can today.
Image Image Image Image
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

Epignosis wrote:Matt, I am probably going to vote for G-Man because I think G-Man's "another thread" business with Dex was far too specific to be a natural thought and far too petty to be a genuine suspicion.

What say you?
Accountants are detail-oriented people. Having only seen this kind of quote-within-a-quote thing when preparing my technicolors, it is a detail that stood out to me. Having used multiple private threads in Turf Wars, I know they are used in games, though apparently not as often as I assumed. Given that he wasn't quoting one of his prior posts, the combination of it all seemed fishy.

Any last questions for me? I'm punching out in about 10 minutes.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-Man wrote:

What say you?
Accountants are detail-oriented people. Having only seen this kind of quote-within-a-quote thing when preparing my technicolors, it is a detail that stood out to me. Having used multiple private threads in Turf Wars, I know they are used in games, though apparently not as often as I assumed. Given that he wasn't quoting one of his prior posts, the combination of it all seemed fishy.

Any last questions for me? I'm punching out in about 10 minutes.
Don't go anywhere. You're about to get a big post, sir.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

Nerolunar wrote:I can totally see Cavil having some sort of ability. I hope he stays dead if we lynch him.

I just feel like these few days has been rather good - we lynched two baddies in a row and are not as pressured as before by the ambiguity of the f5 and all that(unless you doubt me and Juliets... Though I can't speak for Juliets obviously) so I think the time is right.
I can see him having some sort of ability too...but is it a big one? Is it the same one S~V~S had? I'm not convinced.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Well, I happened to reach some conclusion about Beats being suspicious based on actual interactions with a baddie, not so much him opening the game by posting the letter "S", so yeah, I might not be as interested in your "information".
Well now you're simply downplaying what I brought forth. It wasn't that he posted "S", it was that his first and second posts were eerily similar (almost exact) to two other known baddies in the game, all three of which were posted within 5 minutes of each other.

Also you're not commenting on the fact that you voted SVS Day One, Drumbeats immediately votes for you thereafter. Or Drumbeats minor town reading nutella. Or Drumbeats voting nutella on Day Two a day after townreading her, also his was the last vote for Nute when she was probably going to be lynched regardless. Or him not voting SVS or Dex the day they were lynched, and not voting at all the day Daisy was...

But yeah, we'll go with "Matt came up with Drum being bad cuz of the letter S DEEEEEEERP"

:meany:
Speaking of bringing forth, how 'bout those 977 theories? :shrug2:
Matt wrote:

What say you?
I'm inclined to follow you and Polo after recent events with me being a total sucker. Tbh tho I have very little opinion of G-Man, in fact I would slightly town read him because of his colorful lists, but I admit those can be done as a baddie as well.

If I was voting simply based on who I wanted to vote for, it would be Cavil or Drumdrum, but I'll be holding my vote for as long as I can today.
"Today".

How nice.

Didn't exactly bother you not to hold your vote the previous times.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:I can totally see Cavil having some sort of ability. I hope he stays dead if we lynch him.

I just feel like these few days has been rather good - we lynched two baddies in a row and are not as pressured as before by the ambiguity of the f5 and all that(unless you doubt me and Juliets... Though I can't speak for Juliets obviously) so I think the time is right.
I can see him having some sort of ability too...but is it a big one? Is it the same one S~V~S had? I'm not convinced.

What ability did SVS have?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Skipping Rico's previous post where he was just being a meany and on to...
Ricochet wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Yeah that's a weird thing to say, Epi, care to elaborate?
Image Image Image Image
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Alright Jimmy, I can give you another five minutes at the most. Dinner's on the table.
My Banners:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

You should skip to posting your theories.

And saying if you suspect sig. For what it's worth, I don't.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Adios amigos. See you after the movie. I'll catch your post first thing Jimmy.
My Banners:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-Man's voting record:

Day 1 - Marmot
Day 2 - nutella
Day 3 - Glorfindel
Day 4 - No vote
Day 5 - Glorfindel
Day 6 - Glorfindel
Day 7 - Glorfindel
Day 8 - DrumBeats
Day 9 - S~V~S
Day 10 - Dex
Day 11 - Spacedaisy

I'm not concerned with the timing of votes. I will look back into every single day here and decide whether G-Man's vote was the result of fair deliberation and consideration, or simply a "default" vote.

Day 1 - Marmot

The following content relates to Marmot:
G-Man wrote:Metalmarsh89 seemed initially silly but that Epi vote out of nowhere for no reason has me scratching my head. His posts haven't bore much substance but I feel like that's not out of the ordinary for him. That barking marmot gif he posted felt a little passive-aggressive though.
G-Man wrote:Alright you guys are posting too fast for me to catch up. I'm only back up to page 22 and it's bedtime. The only thing that still has me feeling uneasy is MM because I'm reading in a hurry and almost nothing is sinking in. I'm sorry that this vote is probably lame and wrong but I have to vote somewhere.

vote: Marmot

Oh good grief the wall of linki! :faint:
In his oft-criticized list of notes, he was barely critical of MM but also granted that MM's behavior wasn't out of the ordinary. I could say his assessments of LoRab and Matt were more "negative" by the standards of neutral note-taking. This is the definition of a default vote.

Day 2 - nutella

"Lazy Rotten Debra Vibes

This is G-Man's first acknowledgment of nutella's existence in the game, on Day 2, save for one moment of off-topic banter. It came after my case when the thread climate for nutella was quickly worsening. This criticism is vague. I don't like that he didn't refer to anything specific, like perhaps something from my case or something different he observed. Instead it's just "Lazy Rotten Debra".
G-Man wrote:As for Glorfindel, he's my Lazy Rotten Debra of the game so far. He's made 13 posts and a few of them are of the "catching up :sigh: " variety. He posts a few civvie vibes, agrees with a lot of other people's thoughts, gets sidetracked into lore/mechanics discussions, and tells us who he won't vote for. What's missing is independent thought and any mention of his own suspicions. That's almost exactly what Debra did in Biblical Mafia, hence the term Lazy Rotten Debra.

linki: Indiglo, I can take the 11:49 a.m. again tomorrow if you need someone
His meaning for that term can be observed here -- basically any typical low-content player who is struggling to keep up. So that he ended up sticking this label on nutella after my case strikes me as a curiosity, since I don't think nutella even fit that description. There were more substantial reasons to suspect her, and this looks cooked to me.

Days 3 through 7 - Glorfindel 4 out of 5 times

There are a ton of posts, I'll only reference those that interest me.
G-Man wrote:#26- Glorfindel votes last and bring LC within one, opening the reults up to shenanigans if certain roles are in play.
He gave Glorfindel crap for "opening the results up to shenanigans" during the nutella lynch -- there were no shenanigans. I don't understand this mindset.

Larger case against Glorfindel on Day 3

A lot of this is observational more than drawing conclusions, and verbose expressions of "he hasn't provided a lot of content".

Expanded case on Day 5

Gripes that Glorfindel didn't address his concerns adequately, continues to accuse him of posting fluff. This isn't terribly different from the general criticism Glorfindel faced from a number of other people, so whatever.

The worst thing about his Glorfindel votes is probably that there were so many of them -- it was a narrow tunnel he squeezed himself into. He did speak of other players during this period, but he never strayed from pursuing this lynch. It ended up being a mislynch. Eh.

I'll also stick this here, his reaction to the Glorfindel lynch and Boomer flip:
G-Man wrote:Awesome night! I was right about Glorfindel, plus the Penguins and Warriors won. (modkill me if you must, Golden the Coward ;) but Curry4Life!)

I've got to do some reading and thinking today because my player reads aren't all what they were last time I posted lists.
Day 8 - DrumBeats
G-Man wrote:And now for DrumBeats' votes:

Day 1 he votes mid-pack for Rico. Consistent with his Day 1 suspicion of Rico. Day 1 is still too spread out for me to make anything of it.

Day 2 vote comes next to last overall and isn't necessary to seal the deal on her lynch. It is at least consistent with his suspicion of her but I thought his suspicions were soft.

Day 3 is that Nero vote. :disappoint:

Day 4 he is the first to vote overall and votes for the obvious target: LoRab. Eager to attone for his Day 3?

Day 5 he misses the vote. Was he being punished or was it a miss? I can't recall just now.

Day 6 is when he nearly repeats his Day 3 by voting sig.

Day 7 is another miss. He was in the brig.

That's three missing votes out of seven. The remaining votes look suspect in varying degrees and they aren't helped by the absence of other votes that could make him look better.
The vote is almost entirely based on DB's voting record. The worst criticisms G-Man seemed to have for that voting record was missed votes. :huh:

Day 9 - S~V~S

Calls her a "bad" read at the Admiral's orders.

He ended up voting for her purely on the basis that we shouldn't be voting for Epignosis. Earlier in the game he had been reading her as a townie, and that started to change on Day 3:
G-Man wrote:
Matt wrote:Snap. I'm not gonna wait.

S~V~S

She makes less sense then I do, and that's cause for concern. :srsnod:
Although I still have her on my Possible Civvie list, S~V~S is hanging onto that spot by a thread. She gave me good vibes because of the pressure she put on me early because it felt the same as in Spirited Away. In that game though, she kept the pressure on me beyond my first set of reads. There hasn't been the same kind of follow-up this time but I'm also not posting in haikus like I did during Spirited Away.

I saw some of your posts and maybe someone else's touching on her earlier. Since she was on my Possible Civvie list at the time, the issue of her wasn't on my radar. Can you give me a post or two to use as a starting point? I'll try to look her over once I finish my hunch on Glorfindel.
The highlighted portion is a little yikes at face value. Generally I do think his interactions with S~V~S are the best thing going for him, but it's not clear cut. If he's bad then both of them showed a bus-first mentality for most of the game. I don't care about his vote for her though, that means nothing to me.

Day 10 - Dex
G-Man wrote:
Dex wrote:
Dex wrote:SO SAY WE ALL!

SUSPECTS JOHN CAVIL

For my own part, I doubt that a vote for Cavil will do anything more than to buy him more time. I have to agree that a focus on the 4ofF5 is our most productive approach, even though that includes me. If we have to eliminate Cavil's team to get to Cavil, one or two of them are there, and that's a small pool of suspects to search.

Nero's throwing S~V~S to the brig is behaviorally positive civ cred, albeit very easy. If I was nero and mafia, I'd do the same. Meanwhile, Julliettes has chosen to pursue some arcane issue with Sok that seems rather beside the point. SpaceDaisy seems to be mostly lurking. There is little left to go by than reads, and I'm terrible at reads.

I find it ironic, though, that I have spent the entire game trying to defend civ cylons, only to find myself in their very predicament.
Trust you before resurrection I did but a question I have. Why in quotes is your post? Suspicious this looks. Yes, suspicious. As if in another thread you wrote it once before and for posting here copied it you did.

Broken my ice bag has. Peed the couch my wife will think when home she returns. Ooh hee hee hee!
Ehhhhhhh.

Day 11 - Spacedaisy
G-Man wrote:2) Juliets voted sideways for Sokoth Day 9, which I wasn't crazy about but at least she voted for someone I'm suspicious of. I want her to be civ because she's Hot Dog. If she's civ, Cavil can't risk NK'ing her without potentially killing one of his minions. For that reason I say juliets is civ. I think Nero is civ as well because he put Cavil in the brig. Night 9 was the time for him to screw the civs over and make himself an easy target if he was going to. Cavil would have killed someone and we'd have lost a day to little discussion as we lynched Nero. Spacedaisy seems like she's trying to fit in, which is what a baddie Final Fiver would do. I'll double check her posts but her thoughts and opinions have felt soft since she rezzed. Baddie on her.
Ehhhhhhh.
G-Man wrote:At a farewell picnic for our pastor. Be back later for discussion.

If we decide to vote for a Final Five, I'd vote Spacedaisy. If we're voting on general suspicions, I'd keep Drum and Sokoth in the mix. Having a good day pain-wise. I ought to be able to spend some time at the computer this afternoon and update technicolors and go over the votes and why I think vote records clear some and implicate others.

I won't vote Epi. I need to read up on the Wilgy argument. Still not leaning his way but I'll see what his votes tell me.

@sig- why am I on your list?
Now his eventual Spacedaisy vote is based purely on her being a Final Fiver, not on "general suspicions". "She's trying to fit in" strikes me as a general suspicion. :ponder:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

G-Man, this does you no favors. I suspect you more than before.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Ricochet wrote:You should skip to posting your theories.

And saying if you suspect sig. For what it's worth, I don't.
sig's an enigma to me cuz of mind games by SVS and company.

I still think he's connected to Glorfy somehow tho so G2H good right now.
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-Man wrote:Alright Jimmy, I can give you another five minutes at the most. Dinner's on the table.
I needed seven minutes. :p

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet -- you've been asking for evidence against G-Man. There you go. Tell me your thoughts immediately instead of continuing to pester Matt over nothing, please.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

3J - Do you think G-Man straight bussed his whole team? I'm not saying it's not possible, just curious.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Also, so Epi doesn't forget whenever he comes back, I don't want this to get lost in the clutter...
Matt wrote:Skipping Rico's previous post where he was just being a meany and on to...
Ricochet wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matt wrote:3J - Do you think G-Man straight bussed his whole team? I'm not saying it's not possible, just curious.
If he's bad, then I'd say this:

He didn't want to bus his whole team (so far), but the climate of the thread continually forced his hand. My case forced his hand against nutella on Day 2, just as it forced S~V~S's. Polo's hatred forced his hand against S~V~S on Day 9. The Final Five controversies that everyone was disucssing forced his hands on Dex and Spacedaisy. I really don't think any of those four votes make him look "better". They don't necessarily have to make him look worse, but the progressions are problematic in some places.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Ricochet -- you've been asking for evidence against G-Man. There you go. Tell me your thoughts immediately instead of continuing to pester Matt over nothing, please.
Cool, thanks. I can agree with a few points looking unfavorable for him. His nutella vibe, if indeed crafted after you made your big case and some other voices were heard (Scotty had the earliest of ping, I think, others I can't remember), I agree it no longer takes him off a potential buss lynch. I agree that switching the "Debra" label between two players is iffy.

I tend to be reluctant to fully judge his endless Glorfindel hounding, because the WIFOM effect seriously kicks in at stuff like "would a baddie plunge this deep into coordinating a big mislynch"; either the no-reveals design was a comfortable detail for him, in the sense that he never expected this dynamic to shift or thus proceeded without any backfire thought.

Now that you've pointed it out, I think his DrumBeats' vote reasoning is far more inconsistent that any waffling or Marmot and such.

In general, at least the way you've shapen the extracts, he does look to have (re)adjusted to the main lynches that happened to generate baddies, but I'm still phased by the fact that his interactions with a major bad flip (SVS) and a major town flip (Glor - or at least so it seems) have left me either not-so-alarmed or incredulous.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:Also, so Epi doesn't forget whenever he comes back, I don't want this to get lost in the clutter...
He probably went in the chatter to think of damage control with the rest. :shifty:

Also, don't forget, theories.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Matt wrote:Skipping Rico's previous post where he was just being a meany and on to...
Ricochet wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I'm not saying I knew what ability she had. My meaning was rather rhetorical.

S~V~S was around quite a while, and I haven't seen any evidence of her ability being a big deal, assuming she had one. If Cavil is the same ability, then there's no urgency.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Started an ISO on the G-Man, here is a snip from his 7th post where he gives out a few reads...
G-Man wrote:DrumBeats stood out initially for jumping right in and requesting a letter without any discussion. It was a rush to judgement that was poor but, given that nobody (I assume) knew the puzzle was ciphered, it's far from indicative. Being helpful on a puzzle is neither here nor there, really. At least he picked what is normally a high-frequency letter.

Epignosis also jumped right in an declared a letter for the puzzle. He picked E, which I assume served a dual purpose- his name begins with E and it's the highest-frequency letter (not just vowel) in the English language. He tried a few guesses and we haven't head from him since. It's Epi, so I'm resisting the natural impulse to assume he's up to no good.
What's interesting to me about this is that he does not comment on either SVS or nutella also just jumping in with a letter.

Not incriminating, but worth sharing I think.
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:I tend to be reluctant to fully judge his endless Glorfindel hounding, because the WIFOM effect seriously kicks in at stuff like "would a baddie plunge this deep into coordinating a big mislynch"; either the no-reveals design was a comfortable detail for him, in the sense that he never expected this dynamic to shift or thus proceeded without any backfire thought.
I'd say that if there's any one player in this game who the baddies could most comfortably tunnel for days and days, it's Glorfindel. I don't struggle at all with WIFOM here.
Ricochet wrote:In general, at least the way you've shapen the extracts, he does look to have (re)adjusted to the main lynches that happened to generate baddies, but I'm still phased by the fact that his interactions with a major bad flip (SVS) and a major town flip (Glor - or at least so it seems) have left me either not-so-alarmed or incredulous.
I can understand this. The thing I've had to get past is the S~V~S interaction. I do think though that there's substance to this case against him, not just from my most recent review but from other people pursuing his lynch. When I read the doubts you present, I see more "Rico talking himself out of a reasonable lynch" than "Rico resisting an unreasonable lynch".

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Regarding Cavil, I still haven't seen this question answered in any satisfactory manner:

If we don't lynch him now, then when is the right time? How do we know?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Regarding Cavil, I still haven't seen this question answered in any satisfactory manner:

I don't think we're going to get a satisfactory answer to that. I would be willing to vote there next Day phase if mafia is caught today.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Regarding Cavil, I still haven't seen this question answered in any satisfactory manner:

I'd welcome any sign of an original number still being Cavil-aligned upon being lynched (from most likely to tad doubtful: Doral, Conoy, Six), before assuming Cavil might be worthy of a relynch, last-to-die or otherwise. One or two phases, depending on results.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I tend to be reluctant to fully judge his endless Glorfindel hounding, because the WIFOM effect seriously kicks in at stuff like "would a baddie plunge this deep into coordinating a big mislynch"; either the no-reveals design was a comfortable detail for him, in the sense that he never expected this dynamic to shift or thus proceeded without any backfire thought.
I'd say that if there's any one player in this game who the baddies could most comfortably tunnel for days and days, it's Glorfindel. I don't struggle at all with WIFOM here.
Yes, tunnel is tunnel, but being that aggressive? G-Man, to me, almost reached the ceiling of reasonable rebuttal, at times, simply by replying to any post by Glorfindel in a (paraphrasing) "are we supposed to buy this carp he's telling us" manner or such. This seems to me mafia-stappling-his-own-feet in the process of trying to nail down a town.
Ricochet wrote:In general, at least the way you've shapen the extracts, he does look to have (re)adjusted to the main lynches that happened to generate baddies, but I'm still phased by the fact that his interactions with a major bad flip (SVS) and a major town flip (Glor - or at least so it seems) have left me either not-so-alarmed or incredulous.
I can understand this. The thing I've had to get past is the S~V~S interaction. I do think though that there's substance to this case against him, not just from my most recent review but from other people pursuing his lynch. When I read the doubts you present, I see more "Rico talking himself out of a reasonable lynch" than "Rico resisting an unreasonable lynch".[/quote]

Yes, moving past one interaction is what I'm trying to find out, albeit not having had the time and resources to do it myself. You've answered the call, but as to "other people pursuing his lynch", I haven't heard back. I'm not talking myself out of anything. Despite not ranking him in my top suspects, I could be persuaded to go with the hypothetical momentum of his lynch (at least in theory, he seems destined to receive Epig's vote, Matt if he follows Epig as he said, maybe you), which is already significant compared to other potential wagons.

Do you think going traditional-style after G-Man is a better choice today than testing out the status of an outed Cylon, who is short on odds of being a remaining non-Cavil aligned Cylon (since him being Six was disputed by several and there is at least ambiguity as to what Conoy might turn out to be)?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:Do you think going traditional-style after G-Man is a better choice today than testing out the status of an outed Cylon, who is short on odds of being a remaining non-Cavil aligned Cylon (since him being Six was disputed by several and there is at least ambiguity as to what Conoy might turn out to be)?
Assuming you're talking about Wilgy, I wouldn't oppose that lynch. I've promoted it for a while now. I don't care at all about which Cylon he might be though, because there's no way around that being about lore -- I hate lore and want to set it on fire. I think he's suspicious on his own merits and for his S~V~S interactions.

Whether I'd vote for Wilgy or G-Man would mostly depend on who's participating in each wagon, I think.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 95

Post by SokothQultuq »

Apparently in my haste I forgot to do the vote. I corrected that today, hopefully not too late.

@DrWilgy - I do believe I've made every effort to answer your questions, over and over. Stop sounding like a broken record. You got a few wires crossed in there I think!
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Do you think going traditional-style after G-Man is a better choice today than testing out the status of an outed Cylon, who is short on odds of being a remaining non-Cavil aligned Cylon (since him being Six was disputed by several and there is at least ambiguity as to what Conoy might turn out to be)?
Assuming you're talking about Wilgy, I wouldn't oppose that lynch. I've promoted it for a while now. I don't care at all about which Cylon he might be though, because there's no way around that being about lore -- I hate lore and want to set it on fire. I think he's suspicious on his own merits and for his S~V~S interactions.

Whether I'd vote for Wilgy or G-Man would mostly depend on who's participating in each wagon, I think.
Well, I can't wait for that to take shape. In fact, I'd say I have roughly half an hour left to participate.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Really? This dead?

Well, I'm going to go with the more secure (since we're talking outed Cylon) and likely revealing option; if a G-Man wagon later coagulates, you can perhaps use your extra vote to cancel the deficit.

DrWilgy
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Some of us were eating the best guacamole ever, and I don't even like guacamole.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I am voting G-Man.

That "another thread" business is much too much for me. I encourage his lynch.

If it's a good lynch I will consider the outed one tomorrow, but I won't necessarily commit to it.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll give G-Man a little window to answer to what I had to say about his votes before I contribute to his demise.

I think the remaining baddies are most likely somewhere in this pile:

DrumBeats
DrWilgy
G-Man
ObscureAllure
rabbit8
sig
SokothQultug

+ John Cavil

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 287

Post by sig »

Epignosis wrote:I am voting G-Man.

If it's a good lynch I will consider the outed one tomorrow, but I won't necessarily commit to it.
Can you explain the "another thread" thing? I seem to have missed it.

I do only have two major people right now, however I could see Gman or drum being mafia. I'd be okay with a Gman lynch today, but would rather lynch wilgy.

linki: Why me? :mad:
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sig wrote:linki: Why me? :mad:
Earlier in the game I'd given you a pass because I think you're the most likely to be Gaius Baltar. But now lore is meaningless, so I don't care if you're Gaius Baltar. I don't think you've done anything to this point that makes me say "okay, I feel pretty good about sig". This leaves you within the process of elimination bubble.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sig wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I am voting G-Man.

Can you explain the "another thread" thing? I seem to have missed it.

I do only have two major people right now, however I could see Gman or drum being mafia. I'd be okay with a Gman lynch today, but would rather lynch wilgy.

linki: Why me? :mad:
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 95#p286695
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If G-Man is bad, we can lynch 3J next on account of his signature. :dark:
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 173

Post by DrWilgy »

SokothQultuq wrote:Apparently in my haste I forgot to do the vote. I corrected that today, hopefully not too late.

@DrWilgy - I do believe I've made every effort to answer your questions, over and over. Stop sounding like a broken record. You got a few wires crossed in there I think!
No you haven't. Even though I've brought it up multiple times. You still have yet to comment about my question regarding both Sig and lore. It's ok though, a guy like me probably doesn't mean anything to you.

Hey Siggo, would you like to vote Sokoth or OA with me? I think that would be fun.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I apologize everyone today was a travel day for me and I forgot to inform the thread. Now that I've reached my destination I'm catching up on the posts and then I will list who I think is bad and vote.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day 9

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Just like I did with Dex, I'm going to review all of the posts Spacedaisy made after she was brought back with the Final Five aligned with Cavil.
Spacedaisy wrote:So Say We All

Apparently I am back. I was asked to identify my wills and the answer is, none of them. I never submitted one because I found it exceedingly hard to keep up with a game that I was dead/not dead in. I skim read the thread once every two or three days, but I completely missed the deadlines to submit the will thing both times. I did not know I was F5 until I was night killed. At that point I was told what my alignment was, so the Final 5 don't get the option who to align with, for the record. So don't base your votes on who you think we (the player) would choose align with, it has no bearing.

It's nice to be back, but I feel at a loss because of the fact I have not kept up well and because lore has no bearing so what the heck are we basing anything on... meh.

Someone asked me about Wilgy, and frankly I think it may have been true that I was killed to frame Wilgy. I don't know any other reason why I would have been killed. Other than LC, I was way off apparently on my instincts so, I doubt I was a threat to anyone. So I feel much less suspicious of him than I did in my previous incarnation. But again, my instincts have sucked lately so I'm not sure anyone should be listening to me at all, LOL.

Post #1
Yellow: This is a strange statement to give when emerging back into a game. "I was killed to frame Wilgy". We know Daisy was bad at this point, and this change in tune about Wilgy might be meaningful. Prior to her death she was quite anti-Wilgy, making posts like this one on Night 5:
Spacedaisy wrote:I am very pleased with the results of this lynch. And it makes tomorrow an easy lynch in my opinion. I don't believe for one second that Wilgy is good.
Orange: She downplayed her own ability to make good reads based upon her incorrect reads earlier in the game (which, to be fair, is accurate - she was wrong about nutella, LoRab, Long Con, Glorfindel, and bea). In this case though it gives her a little more freedom to act against Wilgy if there's ever a need.
Spacedaisy wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:*snip*

I think it's 2/2, and I also believe the last final five has yet to die. The Final five are definitely aligned with Cavil and not independent I think.

*snip*
:huh: Did you just admit to being Cavil aligned here? If you were not Cavil aligned then you should know that some of us are civ aligned....
Going after Nero for the "slip". Looks great for Nero, because this was a silly assertion all along.
Spacedaisy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Polo wrote:Noice! Time to lynch Spacedaisy, then!

I may join you. Her reason for not voting me didn't prevent her from voting S~V~S, and it was the same reason. That makes no sense to me.

Speak of the devil.
Stop twisting things around Epi. I did not vote you because I don't suspect you. My saying that I don't believe I have ever suspected you was my way of saying I don't suspect you, I have never found anything you have done to be suspicious.

My reason for voting SVS was because there were two people in particular on that lynch train that I trusted to know what they were talking about when they said she was a cylon. That coupled with polo's insistence about her specific role, well it was pretty damning to me. So don't overlook my very good reason for voting SVS and pretend like it is in any way comparable to why I didn't want to vote you.

Did I miss the step where Nero adequately explained why he would come in and say all the F5 were Cavil aligned and everyone is just cool with It? Because I'm not, and should I have not voted SVS in the lynch before last he would have been my second choice. If I have simply missed this, someone please point it out to me?
Yellow: Visibly bothered by the treatment she was receiving from Epignosis. She tried to subtly turn it on him like he was being manipulative without actually saying so, which suggests to me that she wanted to go after him but didn't feel like she could get away with it -- something that would stem from Epi being correctly read as town by most people in the game.

That's pretty much it, there's not much to talk about here.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:
SokothQultuq wrote:Apparently in my haste I forgot to do the vote. I corrected that today, hopefully not too late.

No you haven't. Even though I've brought it up multiple times. You still have yet to comment about my question regarding both Sig and lore. It's ok though, a guy like me probably doesn't mean anything to you.

Hey Siggo, would you like to vote Sokoth or OA with me? I think that would be fun.
Hey Wilgy, would you like to tell me why I am wrong about you?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:If G-Man is bad, we can lynch 3J next on account of his signature. :dark:
Bad or not, his assessment of me is completely accurate. :slick:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

Hey Wilgy, would you like to tell me why I am wrong about you?
Oh yeah! I forgot about that... I'm sorry that I burdened you. I'm such trash.

It was actually really interesting in the fact that you were incorrect because you pulled up the quote that shifted my GTH on SVS and noted it as "didn't make me feel anything". The transition on SVS didn't come from nowhere it was from that exchange. She referenced a game where I was civ, she was bad, and that I should be playing more like that. She was basically asking me to catch her again... It was one of those hints that I noticed with hindsight that SVS wanted to be caught. (this is why we shouldn't be dealing with Cavil the bugger wants to die)
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:Oh yeah! I forgot about that... I'm sorry that I burdened you. I'm such trash.

It was actually really interesting in the fact that you were incorrect because you pulled up the quote that shifted my GTH on SVS and noted it as "didn't make me feel anything". The transition on SVS didn't come from nowhere it was from that exchange. She referenced a game where I was civ, she was bad, and that I should be playing more like that. She was basically asking me to catch her again... It was one of those hints that I noticed with hindsight that SVS wanted to be caught. (this is why we shouldn't be dealing with Cavil the bugger wants to die)
Is there a reason you didn't discuss this stuff at the time?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Asking for 15 more minutes to give Kid 2 a bath. Then I will come back to talk.
My Banners:
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Dang It!!! I forgot So say we all!

Ok, my reads for the baddie team are:

SVS = Cavil
Aaron Doral - G-Man
nutella = Simon O'Neill
Leoben Conoy - Drumbeats or Wilgy.
F5
Dex
Spacedaisy

Caprica Six - OA but I believe this role to be independent.

I feel like I'm short by one on the baddies, so maybe both Drumbeats and Wilgy are bad but I don't have another name to put in there. Or the other F5 besides Nero (who I believe to be good) or me is possibly bad, whoever that is. Or maybe Caprica Six is really a baddie. I'll have to think through this more when I'm not so tired.

I think the best case for my vote today is GMan. I agree with Epi that the thing about "another thread" set off my ping-o-meter.

I'm so sleepy I'm going to fall asleep on this computer.

Voting GMan

linki sorry GMan I can't wait, I've got to go to bed.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-Man wrote:Asking for 15 more minutes to give Kid 2 a bath. Then I will come back to talk.
I'll be here.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

For some reason I want to lynch juliets lol

Silly meaningless vibe probably.

It comes down to a few things...

1) If Golden was willing to make two of the Final Five baddies, then why not three?

2) She ran with SVS' "slip" trying to get the town to discuss it before others brought up that it was put there on purpose to mislead us.

Hrm.
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matt wrote:1) If Golden was willing to make two of the Final Five baddies, then why not three?
Game balance.
Matt wrote:2) She ran with SVS' "slip" trying to get the town to discuss it before others brought up that it was put there on purpose to mislead us.

Hrm.
I don't think it's harmful to discuss it. She didn't harp on it or make it a big component of her contribution today. I'm not bothered.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Oh yeah! I forgot about that... I'm sorry that I burdened you. I'm such trash.

Is there a reason you didn't discuss this stuff at the time?
It was just a gut feeling, if I were to try to discuss it though, the only answer would be WIFOM.
DrWilgy could've wrote:"Would a baddie SVS really bring up a game where she was bad to me, a civ?"
but that wouldn't lead to anything.
Image Image Image
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

And I'm back. Let me read Jimmy's post and respond to what can be responded to.
My Banners:

Return to “Previous Jobs”