DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 20

Re: [Orientation] The Office Mafia

Post by DrWilgy »

S~V~S wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
S~V~S wrote:You?
Nah, I'd target you SVS, not Matt or Bea! Silly SVS!
Well, since Matt is dancing around me, and I made a pointed post at Bea, my thought there was that you were hoping they would say "SVS". Feels kinda framey to me, tbh. Although kinda too obvious, too.

Are you trying to frame me WIlgy?
Nah, framing you this early might get the cops involved.

I actually didn't realize that both the players I asked had interactions with you (i've been skimming). I still look forward to thier responses nonetheless. Hey INH and Quin, if someone were to target you right now, who would that person be?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Quin »

DrWilgy wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Well, since Matt is dancing around me, and I made a pointed post at Bea, my thought there was that you were hoping they would say "SVS". Feels kinda framey to me, tbh. Although kinda too obvious, too.

I actually didn't realize that both the players I asked had interactions with you (i've been skimming). I still look forward to thier responses nonetheless. Hey INH and Quin, if someone were to target you right now, who would that person be?
That depends on what I'm being targeted with.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 20

Post by DrWilgy »

Quin wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

That depends on what I'm being targeted with.
Could you see multiple players targeting you currently?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: [DAY ONE] The Office Mafia

Post by Quin »

Why would they?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 8
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

Alright, so is this starting?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

leetic wrote:Alright, so is this starting?
It has! Say a thing!
ImageImageImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Quin wrote:
It has! Say a thing!
A thing
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

leetic wrote:
Quin wrote:
It has! Say a thing!
A thing
Thanks
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 81

Post by timmer »

Well, the world didn't need a healthy economy anyway, so no worries England. Jesus, what a disastrous day.
My siggie.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 174

Post by insertnamehere »

DrWilgy wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

If I had to pick a name out of the five people I've gotten a half impression of, I'd say you, because nothing you've said so far has really assured me of your civvieness and I think that if you were bad you would target me because I read you correctly in AoT Mafia.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I was hoping Wilgy would give me the information I wanted to answer his question. Aw.
ImageImageImageImage
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 315

Post by DrumBeats »

Scotty wrote:
Quin wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:maybe these polls are going to be a nightly thing, and we'll uncover the roles/mechanics of this game bit by bit?
this sounds reasonable tbh. if we take stock in the 'which folder should we open first' scenario from before we might open them all by Day 3. But the personnel thing didn't reveal anything so we could just be overthinking it and i could really have just been a check-in poll.
Actually, Dom did ultimately update the front page. We now have 3 new roles revealed. And that's it.

I agree with inh that we probably will reveal the game mechanics bit by bit through night polls. Looks like these roles were randomized from the list of employees...

...or maybe it revealed 3 people that voted Personnel? That happen to not be managers (like Michael/Dwight)?

I have no idea what Management would mean. Maybe it reveals the mafia member's roles?

Zeus wrote:Oh! You gotta vote on the poll to give someone your vote. Axe means against right? Gotta get with the flow and start reading these pages for the love of god!
Axe, in this case, means vote out.
Those three roles actually clued us in on a lot. We know our lovely Pam is a lie detector. Hell, we can make her job a ton easier right now.

I am town aligned.

Feel free to check that if you wish Pam. I advise that everyone post the same thing in order to allow Pam to work as a cop check if she cannot find a better use for her role each night.

While it is definitely possible that management would show us the mafia, wouldn't it be more likely that it would show us aforementioned managers? (Michael, Dwight, Jim, Andy, etc.) It's definitely worth checking out next night if it is still there, because that category does seem somewhat likely to contain Corporate, but I would bet it would contain the managers instead. Or it is a completely different thing and we're all just overthinking.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

I am town aligned
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I didn't notice that three roles were added. I even looked. Whoops.

I don't think 'I am town aligned' is something Pam will be able to check, but hey, in the off chance;

I am town aligned.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Also, is it just me or does Pam's role infer that there are items in this game?
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 213
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

DrumBeats wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Quin wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:maybe these polls are going to be a nightly thing, and we'll uncover the roles/mechanics of this game bit by bit?
this sounds reasonable tbh. if we take stock in the 'which folder should we open first' scenario from before we might open them all by Day 3. But the personnel thing didn't reveal anything so we could just be overthinking it and i could really have just been a check-in poll.
Actually, Dom did ultimately update the front page. We now have 3 new roles revealed. And that's it.

I agree with inh that we probably will reveal the game mechanics bit by bit through night polls. Looks like these roles were randomized from the list of employees...

...or maybe it revealed 3 people that voted Personnel? That happen to not be managers (like Michael/Dwight)?

I have no idea what Management would mean. Maybe it reveals the mafia member's roles?

Zeus wrote:Oh! You gotta vote on the poll to give someone your vote. Axe means against right? Gotta get with the flow and start reading these pages for the love of god!
Those three roles actually clued us in on a lot. We know our lovely Pam is a lie detector. Hell, we can make her job a ton easier right now.

I am town aligned.

Feel free to check that if you wish Pam. I advise that everyone post the same thing in order to allow Pam to work as a cop check if she cannot find a better use for her role each night.

While it is definitely possible that management would show us the mafia, wouldn't it be more likely that it would show us aforementioned managers? (Michael, Dwight, Jim, Andy, etc.) It's definitely worth checking out next night if it is still there, because that category does seem somewhat likely to contain Corporate, but I would bet it would contain the managers instead. Or it is a completely different thing and we're all just overthinking.
Umm sorry to burst your bubble there, but:
Pam – As office administrator, Pam has an inventory of everything in the office. She notices when things are awry. Lie Detector Role. You cannot lie detect statements such as “I am not bad” etc.
This is an exercise in futility. I'm actually surprised that you, Quin and INH have missed that part of the role.

I think your theory about Managers could be valid, but it also makes me wonder what Memo represents. Win con? Does it reveal BTSC or something?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Quin wrote:I didn't notice that three roles were added. I even looked. Whoops.

I don't think 'I am town aligned' is something Pam will be able to check, but hey, in the off chance;

I am town aligned.
At least you're acknowledging that Pam probably won't check it, but it's like saying that UK leaving the EU would be catastrophic for the world economy, but just in case they should leave. haha! Morbid topical humor for ya

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I didn't miss it, punk.

linki: :ninja:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Hey Scotty, humour me.

Say that you're town aligned.
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Quin wrote:Also, is it just me or does Pam's role infer that there are items in this game?
Nah, I think that's just flavor text. She keeps inventory of the office as secretary.

Erin is eccentric and cute, but I don't think that means she has multiple personality disorder. Ya dig?

Linki: why? Ok. I'm town aligned. But this is a pointless exercise. I was pointing out that you, INH and DB started something that is blatantly off limits for that role.

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I know. I just felt as though the way you went about arguing its pointlessness felt like you were up to something and I wanted to push you a little. If you'd just ignored me I would've had something to worry about, but it turns out we're good.
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

You know what helps a lie detector? Quietly making a statement that you know will help them see that you are civ.

You know what doesn't help them? Getting all players to say it and getting the whole thing thrown out as unusable.

And what really really doesn't help is then winking and saying you knew that, Muhuhaha. Because now day 1 is about you.

not a fan. Maybe you won't care. And because of course you will ask. I am town aligned. :suspish:
My siggie.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 315

Post by DrumBeats »

Scotty wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Quin wrote:

I am town aligned.

Umm sorry to burst your bubble there, but:
Pam – As office administrator, Pam has an inventory of everything in the office. She notices when things are awry. Lie Detector Role. You cannot lie detect statements such as “I am not bad” etc.
This is an exercise in futility. I'm actually surprised that you, Quin and INH have missed that part of the role.

I think your theory about Managers could be valid, but it also makes me wonder what Memo represents. Win con? Does it reveal BTSC or something?
Wow, I feel dumb now. I saw lie detector and got way too excited, my apologies.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

timmer wrote:You know what helps a lie detector? Quietly making a statement that you know will help them see that you are civ.

You know what doesn't help them? Getting all players to say it and getting the whole thing thrown out as unusable.

And what really really doesn't help is then winking and saying you knew that, Muhuhaha. Because now day 1 is about you.

not a fan. Maybe you won't care. And because of course you will ask. I am town aligned. :suspish:
I thinkyou're talking to me so I'll respond. I wasn't going to ask anybody else to say it because the point's already been made that saying 'I am town aligned' isn't worth a damn to a lie detector. It was unusable from the start, so there's no reason why I can't find a use for it myself.

-wink-, muhuhaha.
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Quin wrote:
timmer wrote:You know what helps a lie detector? Quietly making a statement that you know will help them see that you are civ.

I thinkyou're talking to me so I'll respond. I wasn't going to ask anybody else to say it because the point's already been made that saying 'I am town aligned' isn't worth a damn to a lie detector. It was unusable from the start, so there's no reason why I can't find a use for it myself.

-wink-, muhuhaha.
Muhuhaha indeed, lol! :)

People who know Quin, how likely is it that he would read that role and miss the part about not using blanket statements? I'm rusty, and have lost track of who plays like what...
My siggie.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I didn't miss that part.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I feel like you're the one who wanted to make Day 1 about me, timmer. But even so, let's do it. I'll do a good job of it.
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Quin wrote:I feel like you're the one who wanted to make Day 1 about me, timmer. But even so, let's do it. I'll do a good job of it.
If by that you mean I want to focus on your little gambit, then absolutely. I'll be taking advisement from the players who know you best :)
My siggie.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Cool beans, son.
ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Ricochet »

Quin wrote:I feel like you're the one who wanted to make Day 1 about me, timmer. But even so, let's do it. I'll do a good job of it.
timmer wrote:If by that you mean I want to focus on your little gambit, then absolutely.
That's what she said.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Also, for what it's worth,

I am a Cylon.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 123

Post by S~V~S »

That was not an ideal result; I would guess had we voted another option we would have possibly had baddie roles revealed. That would have been good.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 13

Post by G-Man »

Quin wrote:That depends on what I'm being targeted with.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

PREDICTION: Rico & G-Man will have more posts than the 2 lowest posters.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 87

Post by Dom »

I think I forgot to say it--

INDIGLO HAS REPLACED COBALT
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

S~V~S wrote:PREDICTION: Rico & G-Man will have more posts than the 2 lowest posters.
Judging by some of the lowpost candidates, I don't find that to be hard at all.

That's what she said.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

leetic wrote:A thing
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Quin wrote:Thanks
My Banners:
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by indiglo »

Dom wrote:I think I forgot to say it--

INDIGLO HAS REPLACED COBALT

Hey gang. Ok, I have good news and bad news. Good news: there aren't many posts yet, so catching up will be easy. Bad news: I've never even seen 1 episode of this show, so I'm hoping that won't entirely hinder my efforts to play well. :puppy:

I'll get caught up, and see what there is to see.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Quin wrote:I didn't miss it, punk.
My Banners:
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 16

Post by rabbit8 »

I am not town aligned...... Is that right? No, it's not, idiot. You're town aligned, never let them see you slip again, moron.... Okay, sorry. I'm town aligned. Stop talking to yourself. Accuse FS of something, maybe SVS too. Got it.
S~V~S wrote:That was not an ideal result; I would guess had we voted another option we would have possibly had baddie roles revealed. That would have been good.
Odd, isn't that what Scotty already posted?
Scotty wrote:
Quin wrote:

Not exactly the same statement. Same premise though. :ponder:

You both voted for Personell......

I wonder which of you two is bad.

Accuse FS, accuse FS. Okay, FS is most likely bad. Gut read.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Quin wrote:...so there's no reason why I can't find a use for it myself.
My Banners:
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

I'm guessing someone's role is that they gain a power every time they say "That's what she said."
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

insertnamehere wrote:I'm guessing someone's role is that they gain a power every time they say "That's what she said."
I wouldn't know. I'm not even playing. That's why the meme text is in blue.
My Banners:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

rabbit8 wrote:I am not town aligned...... Is that right? No, it's not, idiot. You're town aligned, never let them see you slip again, moron.... Okay, sorry. I'm town aligned. Stop talking to yourself. Accuse FS of something, maybe SVS too. Got it.
S~V~S wrote:That was not an ideal result; I would guess had we voted another option we would have possibly had baddie roles revealed. That would have been good.
Well, it is a sensible thing to say, isn't it? I expect more people might be saying it as time goes by :nicenod:
insertnamehere wrote:I'm guessing someone's role is that they gain a power every time they say "That's what she said."
I don't think either of them is playing; I think they just like to not sign up for games so they can then troll them in a droll way. You can call them Droll Trolls.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

S~V~S wrote:That was not an ideal result
My Banners:
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Why does everyone have to say "I am town aligned"? Shouldn't that be something we presume?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 16

Post by rabbit8 »

S~V~S wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:I am not town aligned...... Is that right? No, it's not, idiot. You're town aligned, never let them see you slip again, moron.... Okay, sorry. I'm town aligned. Stop talking to yourself. Accuse FS of something, maybe SVS too. Got it.
Well, it is a sensible thing to say, isn't it? I expect more people might be saying it as time goes by :nicenod:
I don't think either of them is playing; I think they just like to not sign up for games so they can then troll them in a droll way. You can call them Droll Trolls.
I don't know. Stating the obvious after its been stated, seems... redundant. :nicenod:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Grasping at straws seems... graspy :srsnod:

In any case, just becasue one person says a thing, doesn't mean it should not be emphasized, or repeated. I am guessing we will have another poll tonight, and people will redundantly express their opinions on how to vote. Redundant may = tedious, but it does not = bad, at least not in this case. I am not bad, have no BTS and can't kill anyone :) Although I am, apparently, redundant.

I would prefer that we reveal bad roles, not civ ones. So discussing the results of the night poll should be something important, and something we should discuss.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

So... anyone able to tell me if this seems like Quin being Quin?
My siggie.

Return to “Previous Jobs”