Re: RED vs. BLUE: Day 1

Post by Sloonei »

:huh:
Beck wrote:what'd i miss
The deadline.

Dat linki, yeah
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 142

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Scotty's response to Epignosis isn't very persuasive.

He does make a good point to Quin. I said I was changing my Day 1 tactic, and Quin had nothing to say about it. Scotty changes his Day 1 tactics, and gets suspected for it.
Sloonei wrote:Sorry Scotty. It didn't want any of this to go down like this.
Beck
Posts in topic: 33

Post by Beck »

oh day ended? who was lynched?

I'll be more present once I'm off work in a few hours

had a brutal Monday
leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 274
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote:I think INH is bad and saw an easy opportunity to spin tomorrow's lynch on me if/when Scotty flips town. Vote for him.
Yes I expect Scotty to flip town.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Beck wrote:oh day ended? who was lynched?

I'll be more present once I'm off work in a few hours

had a brutal Monday
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Not liking that Marmot vote. I am full throttle on this INH thing. Lynch him tomorrow or else.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Sloonei wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I think INH is bad and saw an easy opportunity to spin tomorrow's lynch on me if/when Scotty flips town. Vote for him.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 26

Post by DrWilgy »

If there was still a pole, I'd climb on it.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 26

Post by DrWilgy »

Sloonei wrote:Not liking that Marmot vote. I am full throttle on this INH thing. Lynch him tomorrow or else.
Just throw a kid in INH's pit. That'll do the job.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Ricochet wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Yes, that Scotty. I just said I'm sorry it happened.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 75

Post by G-Man »

THE FIRST VOTE

Donald J. Trump stood at the front of the campaign bus, counting the votes that members of his Inner Circle had cast. He took a moment to reflect on what this could possibly mean.

“Very well then,” he said with a nod, “I think we’re done here.” He looked at one of the bus’s occupants and motioned outside. “Barron and his team would like to meet with you in private.”

The bus door opened and Donald departed. He met his youngest son in the limousine parked a few yards away.

“How did it go, dad?” the boy asked.

“No fuss, no muss. That’s the key to leadership, son. Be in charge of the room and nobody will second-guess you.

“Have your team take him onto my plane and do a thorough interrogation. Nothing violent, mind you, but I want you to be thorough. See if you can get a biometric scan on him to. We were tricked once by a disguise. I don’t want to take any more chances.”

“Okay, so we’ll review everything after the rally?”

“Not right after,” Donald said. “I’ve got an interview after the rally. Shouldn’t take too long but it will give you time to double-check your findings.”

“Who’s interviewing you this time?”

“It’s another sit-down with Ms. Kelly. All press is good press if you know what you’re doing. I’ll see you tonight, kiddo.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hours later, Donald sat in a chair getting the last bit of TV makeup applied. A determined-looking blonde woman walked into the room.

“Are you ready to get started, Donald?” she asked.

“I’m always ready,” smirked Donald.

“Okay Bob,” the woman said, “if we’re good with the lighting then let’s roll camera.”

The gaffers and camera operators all gave the thumbs up and the interview started.

“Good evening, America, I’m Megyn Kelly and you’re watching a special interview with Republican nominee for President, Mr. Donald Trump.”

“Good evening Megyn, it’s a pleasure to be with you again.”

“I’m sure,” Megyn replied. “Let’s talk about the campaign process right off the bat. It’s been a month since the convention and you’ve been all over the country. What’s your takeaway from all this?”

“Well I’ll tell you Megyn, it’s been a great experience to meet with so many people. We have such great people in this country and they want our nation to be great again. That’s my goal and I accomplish my goals. I think that’s why people like me- I’m a winner. I win things. I get what I want and I do what I set out to do.”

“What’s been the hardest part of campaigning for you to overcome?”

“To be honest, Megyn, it’s been difficult at times to have to repeat myself over and over when people ask me about all the lies- the vicious lies- that are being spread about me.”

“Such as?”

“Take your pick, really.”

“How about the notion that you’re a misogynist and discriminate against women?”

“Exactly,” Donald said, throwing up his hands. “I love women. Look, I have a wife and two daughters. I love ‘em and I take care of them. I hire lots and lots of women in my companies. Most women do not buy into this ‘war on women’ crap. Total bunch of bull, believe me. Women like working for me. Women respect me. Women love me. Come on, Megyn, be honest, even you love me a little bit, right? I’ve been good for your ratings.”

“You do have a certain charm, Donald.”

“You know Megyn, I would really like for you to eat my meat.”

“I’m sorry, what?” the newswoman gasped.

“I’m going to send you and your husband some Trump Steaks. I mean look at you! FoxNews has you running around all over the place this year. You’re looking skinny. Enjoy my Trump Steaks and put some meat back on your bones.”

“Okay,” the journalist said as she tried to steer the interview back on track. “Let’s talk about some new rumors then.”

“Such as?”

“Is it true that your campaign severed ties with Michael Glassner this afternoon?”

Trumps face contorted with disbelief.

“Where do you people get these crazy ideas?”

“So you’re saying right now, on the record, that he is still part of your campaign?”

“Absolutely. Michael- look, Michael is a great guy. He’s been with my campaign almost since the beginning. That’s loyalty. I reward loyalty. I reward it big time. Michael Glassner is going to be hitting the road with Mike. Mike Pence- great guy. Gonna make a hell of a Vice President, believe me. Kellyanne is going to continue on with me and Michael will team up with Mike as we split up and really take it to the battleground states.”

Donald smiled to himself as Megyn Kelly continued on with the interview. He sold it hook, line, and sinker. It was almost too easy.

Scotty has been removed from the Inner Circle.
He was Michael Glassner, Donald Trump’s deputy campaign manager and a vanilla civvie.
It is now Night 1.
You have until noon (EST) (just over 21 hours) to send me your night actions.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 820
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: RED vs. BLUE: Night 1

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Lame.

I don't blame Sloonei. I think that became close to obvious over the last thirty minutes. We might have been able to turn it around if we'd had more time. Scotty's response came too late, as did all of the arriving players at the last second.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

INH looks terrible. leetic looks crappy. I actually don't think MM looks as bad as those two. Golden wasn't here for EOD. Epignosis didn't say anything about Scotty's response to his question, that's less than ideal.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 75

Post by G-Man »

FYI: The timing of the game phases coincides with Labor Day in the United States. Left uninterrupted, Day 3 would end mid-day on Labor Day. I will not be around to make a post, as I am sure several other American players will be at picnics and whatnot. Thus, I need you guys to decide whether you'd rather have a 48-hour Night 2 or a 72-hour Day 3. Either one will push the end of Day 3 to mid-day next Tuesday.

Please vote in the poll to state your preference.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I vote 72. More time > less time.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

long live president trump :noble:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I vote 72. More time > less time.
For the day phase I mean. A longer day phase is probably better than a longer night phase.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:INH looks terrible. leetic looks crappy. I actually don't think MM looks as bad as those two. Golden wasn't here for EOD. Epignosis didn't say anything about Scotty's response to his question, that's less than ideal.

Beck

Post by Beck »

gg Scotty

question: who on this page kept saying Scotty was a villager?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:Image
What about Epignosis?

MM's vote strikes me as more of a townie error of judgment than a merciless scum beheading. Townies tend to allow themselves to be concerned about "Is this guy trying to save this other guy? Is he trying to manipulate me away from Scotty?" I think that mentality is generally not the right one to have, but townies have it often. That's the impression I get from MM.

I have nothing good to say about INH's vote. It's bad.

leetic's vote is hard to judge. Self-preservation is fine. I just don't understand why he didn't bother to say a word. He's suspicious to me independent of the vote anyway.

Golden was on board with Sloonei for most of the day, and Sloonei's mind didn't turn until the EOD sequence (when Golden wasn't here). For that reason I think it's hard to gauge what he might have done under the circumstances. That's something Golden can talk about.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Beck wrote:gg Scotty

Sloonei projected a villager flip in light of INH's vote. What interest is this to you?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
What about Epignosis?

MM's vote strikes me as more of a townie error of judgment than a merciless scum beheading. Townies tend to allow themselves to be concerned about "Is this guy trying to save this other guy? Is he trying to manipulate me away from Scotty?" I think that mentality is generally not the right one to have, but townies have it often. That's the impression I get from MM.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think some of my suspicion of Ricochet has subsided. He is getting a lot of valuable content into the game despite the gimmick, and it doesn't strike me as manipulative.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

That was my interpretation of this:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'm voting Scotty.

I don't see anything in the post that Jay mentioned to vote for leetic. I don't have time to look at inh. Preceding Scotty's flip, I don't like Jay's actions at the end of this lynch. I know he likes to push buttons, but the reasons for lynching Scotty are stronger to me than elsewhere.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Epignosis »

Well hell.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:INH looks terrible. leetic looks crappy. I actually don't think MM looks as bad as those two. Golden wasn't here for EOD. Epignosis didn't say anything about Scotty's response to his question, that's less than ideal.
You know what else is less than ideal? A lynch ending in the middle of a lecture on Anne Bradstreet and its relation to Puritanical beliefs.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Golden »

It's easy for me to say after seeing scotty's lynch, but I do believe if I were around for EoD I would have switched to inh. But, y'know - wifom.

It's just one of those things about having to vote 7 or 8 hours before the deadline. Sorry Scotty.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:Well hell.
You know what else is less than ideal? A lynch ending in the middle of a lecture on Anne Bradstreet and its relation to Puritanical beliefs.
Any opinion on INH and leetic?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Beck

Post by Beck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Sloonei projected a villager flip in light of INH's vote. What interest is this to you?
I have no context so bare with me.

But it's one thing to say you believe someone is going to flip villager, and it's something entirely different to say Scotty is a villager. I'll have to read it all on my own time but wolves do the later all of the time, except they'll overdo it. Not that I think Sloonei is the type of wolf to TMI, but you never know.

Further, I'm curious to know to what extent Sloonei defended Scotty in tandem with his confidence read -- wolves also love to call a soon-to-be lynched villager a villager, but do nothing to stop the lynch.

Just some takes of mine.
Beck

Post by Beck »

At least there's only like three pages I missed.

Catching up on my phone while at work is an impossible task.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Beck wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

But it's one thing to say you believe someone is going to flip villager, and it's something entirely different to say Scotty is a villager. I'll have to read it all on my own time but wolves do the later all of the time, except they'll overdo it. Not that I think Sloonei is the type of wolf to TMI, but you never know.

Further, I'm curious to know to what extent Sloonei defended Scotty in tandem with his confidence read -- wolves also love to call a soon-to-be lynched villager a villager, but do nothing to stop the lynch.

Just some takes of mine.
Sloonei tried to lead a counterwagon/CFD on INH to prevent it. I don't think it was TMI as much as it was obvious. When you catch up share your updated take.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Beck wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Just some takes of mine.
I started the bandwagon on Scotty and then changed my mind, in large part because of how horrible INH's vote was.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

This reminds me of that time Epi the Warden kept yelling about basketball in Turf Wars.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:
This reminds me of that time Epi the Warden kept yelling about basketball in Turf Wars.
How so?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
How so?
You used a real life commitment to excuse a lack of participation. Doing things that aren't mafia is suspicious.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 190

Post by Quin »

Scotty wrote: Quin, I think it was you who said it was suspicious if I change up my day 1 strategies from my norm. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. I don't like giving tone reads on day 1, because I'm generally bad at them, but I figured practice makes perfect. It in this case, practice makes me get lynched day 1. So...cumquats.
I did not! I merely pointed it out as an observation and even argued that it was not suspicious :shrug2:
I think Day 1 is much too early for Scotty to be dishing out scum-reads because they haven't stepped up to the plate, so that's mildly suspicious. Also interesting to note that he's straying from his typical 'voting an inactive on Day 1' strategy, which I find less so, because meta is meta and not evidence.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Scotty's response to Epignosis isn't very persuasive.

He does make a good point to Quin. I said I was changing my Day 1 tactic, and Quin had nothing to say about it. Scotty changes his Day 1 tactics, and gets suspected for it.
NOT! HAPPY! JAN!

Rico gets some townie points because I had the same thought process before I read this:

Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:I'm leaving my vote where it is. I'm of the opinion that Sloonei was attempting to set me up as the Day 1 lynch with baddie intentions and fell back onto Scotty when I resisted it and he became the center of attention.
Your vote has no utility where it is. Are you content with that?
Yup.

It is uncharacteristic of you to ask that, JumbledJollyJim.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:I'm leaving my vote where it is. I'm of the opinion that Sloonei was attempting to set me up as the Day 1 lynch with baddie intentions and fell back onto Scotty when I resisted it and he became the center of attention.
Yup.

No it isn't.

What do you think of Sloonei right now?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Yup.

No it isn't.

I think he is bad, hence my vote. Scotty flipping civ only makes my read stronger. It is uncharacteristic of you, because typically you are all for alternative lynches. As far as Day 1 goes, I think my case is solid and seeing you say it has 'no utility' tells me you were rejecting it as an alternative wagon.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'm leaving for uni, but I'll observe the thread so I can stay caught up. Adios.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
How so?
You used a real life commitment to excuse a lack of participation. Doing things that aren't mafia is suspicious.
You're right. I'll quit my job tomorrow.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:I think he is bad, hence my vote. Scotty flipping civ only makes my read stronger. It is uncharacteristic of you, because typically you are all for alternative lynches. As far as Day 1 goes, I think my case is solid and seeing you say it has 'no utility' tells me you were rejecting it as an alternative wagon.
I'm only for alternative lynches when I don't like the one in front, and the move needs to be to a player who stands a realistic chance of being lynched. I don't think there was any traction at all on a Sloonei lynch and that you were very likely to be the only one voting for him when the day ended. I was rejecting it too -- I didn't think he was suspicious then and I still don't.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:You're right. I'll quit my job tomorrow.
Time constraints are fine, but I do think there's evidence that you've been evasive in this game and that you haven't used the opportunities you do have as productively as you could have. You asked Scotty repeatedly to answer your question about his comment regarding MM's vote/the votes on you -- even after he had already done so. He answered it at least twice, and you asked again anyway. You didn't acknowledge what he said, and your job doesn't excuse you from that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Any opinion on INH and leetic?
leetic has three posts, only one of which says anything. So I have no opinion on leetic himself. However, INH expressed outrage at a leetic lynch but made no effort between then and voting to get somebody else lynched. Look at the times of those two posts. That's a long time to be morally outraged and do nothing to find an alternative.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:You're right. I'll quit my job tomorrow.
Time constraints are fine, but I do think there's evidence that you've been evasive in this game and that you haven't used the opportunities you do have as productively as you could have. You asked Scotty repeatedly to answer your question about his comment regarding MM's vote/the votes on you -- even after he had already done so. He answered it at least twice, and you asked again anyway. You didn't acknowledge what he said, and your job doesn't excuse you from that.
I don't agree that he answered my question. I wanted him to explain why MM voted for me. Scotty responded that MM did in fact suspect me. And then he said again that MM suspected me and stuck to it (which MM ended up not doing). Neither of those is a reason why MM voted for me (unless you accept "Well, he suspected you, so he voted for you!" as a satisfactory answer, and I don't).

But he's dead and I wasn't correct about him.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Yup.

No it isn't.

I think he is bad, hence my vote. Scotty flipping civ only makes my read stronger. It is uncharacteristic of you, because typically you are all for alternative lynches. As far as Day 1 goes, I think my case is solid and seeing you say it has 'no utility' tells me you were rejecting it as an alternative wagon.
I still do not understand your suspicion of me. I've done some strange things, sure, but I don't understand how you've reasoned that these things make me the most suspicious player in the game. I had a mild ping on you to start the game, and another ping on Scotty for the way he offered his read on you. I put the two together and came out of it changing my mind on the both of you, but not before spawning a bandwagon against Scotty.
You'll note that I've not expressed any suspicion against you in a while.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Yup.

No it isn't.

I still do not understand your suspicion of me. I've done some strange things, sure, but I don't understand how you've reasoned that these things make me the most suspicious player in the game. I had a mild ping on you to start the game, and another ping on Scotty for the way he offered his read on you. I put the two together and came out of it changing my mind on the both of you, but not before spawning a bandwagon against Scotty.
You'll note that I've not expressed any suspicion against you in a while.
I think the strange things that you've done are suspicious things. I didn't trust any part of our dialogue. Its great that you haven't expressed suspicion on me lately, but that doesnt have any impact on my own read.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

But why are those strange things suspicious? What would be the benefit in a scum strategy like the one I used? What angle was I trying to work, and what was my motivation?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:But why are those strange things suspicious? What would be the benefit in a scum strategy like the one I used? What angle was I trying to work, and what was my motivation?
Uhh.. You wanted to lynch a civ?
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:But why are those strange things suspicious? What would be the benefit in a scum strategy like the one I used? What angle was I trying to work, and what was my motivation?
Uhh.. You wanted to lynch a civ?
I am not the first person to find a civilian suspicious on Day 1. That has happened in every game of mafia ever played.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”