GYBE-missif2.png (3.18 KiB) Viewed 697 times
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 589
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: [Night 7] GY!BE Mafia

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The lynching fortunes in this game have been almost as dire as they were for the first 75% of Turf Wars.

Thanks for the extra day G-Man and for the effort you provided while you were here.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 25

Post by G-Man »

Darn. That was brief.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: [Day 7] GY!BE Mafia

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

LoRab wrote:Put my vote on G-Man for now. I will sort of be on, so I could be convinced to change it, if I am able to see posts and not be paying attention to meeting. Minly because I don't want to vote for MM because I'm too iffy on that. And because I'm finding his posts more suspicious than sig's. And anyone else on this poll, I feel pretty good about. So, ironically, it's kind of process of elimination.
Not a fan. I'm considering a Marmot/LoRab mafia team, because it's too late in the game to be concerned with voting for an insanified player. I'll look into their posts to see if I can substantiate that suspicion more conclusively.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 326

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I can't believe you lynched him!

I'll be on to address things later.
I voted DrWilgy when I posted about birds (12 days of fuck that holiday), but you posted a smiley that suggested I shouldn't do that, so I went back to G-Man.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do LoRab and Metalmarsh89 make compatible mafia teammates?

Posts by LoRab about MM:

Large spoiler incoming
LoRab wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I also think LoRab is civ (and not just because she doesn't like it when people do that).
It's all good. I mean, when someone is being suspected, someone saying their thoughts is appreciated. And I don't fault people for saying I'm awesome. I mean civ. Saying I'm civ.
LoRab wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
LoRab wrote:Before I respond to anything else, a word of ambiguous thanks. If you don't know what I'm talking about, please don't ask--I will not elaborate.

And, no information from the lynch, without knowing who won (or, I guess lost) the coin toss, and therefore which had some sort of power which enabled them to survive the lynch. So, I'm looking forward to another round of the same, personally. I don't know about anyone else.
triceratopzeuhl wrote:So far 2 bad players have voted for me, and the other two haven't been in the thread since I made my case :shrug2: nothing to do but wait it out
Exactly how many bad players do you think there are in this game?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I would also invite Boomslang, Dom, Epignosis, Sloonei, and timmer to the funeral.

The invitations will not be extended to JaggedJimmyJay, trice.

Others may or may not be permitted. I'm still stricken with grief.
I can haz funeral attendance?
Yes, yes I think you deserve it.

Thank you for your care!
<3
LoRab wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:At this point, I'm willing to accept that trice is civilian and Jay is bad.

I doubt the mafia would have the ability to survive a lynch. Also, Jay is a clever person who I think would target me on Night 3.
Why wouldn't the mafia have that ability? On a mafia of only 3 there is often a survives the first attempt on one's life kind of thing on one of the roles.

Also, didn't you argue in the post before this about certainty of insanifiers being necessarily bad? How does this make jjj bad?

I is confused.
LoRab wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
LoRab wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:
timmer wrote:Trice, we seem to have 3 people posting in some form of curse. Do you think all 3 are legit? If not, which do you think is lying, and why?
I'm pretty sure when roles are finally revealed at the end of the game, Mladic will be rather complication mechanics for cursing people and I don't really know what to think on it. FWIW I didn't even realize Lorab was supposed to be cursed, but if he (she? sorry don't know) is, it's similar in nature to Marmot's (contrast this with random capslocks letters like JJJ/epi) and to Golden's curse earlier in the game. Leads me to believe that if there are 3 curses today, marmot and lorab both come from same source as Golden before, and epi comes from same source as JJJ did, and it's 2 separate sources.
This is still what I believe regarding the curses
To clarify: You believe that all of the curses come from one role/player and not from multiple sources?
Yours seems a little different.

But I'd bet the other 4 do come from the same source. Golden, Jay, Epignosis, and myself have been targeted so far. Aside from Sockface (who's in a league of his own), that includes the three highest posters in the thread, plus Epignosis. There's a pattern here.
It seems odd to me, though, that 1 player would be able to target 2 different players at a time, though. His post also confuses me. But I might just be really tired.

Personally, I think each curse comes from a separate source.
LoRab wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:According to casketjack, this is true.
SK doesn't know the identity of Casketjack. But we don't know how much of Casketjack's role description the SK knows--it's possible that the SK knows that casketjack knows that identity of the SK from the start of the game, or that the SK could have at least surmised that, or guessed it as a possibility.
Metalmarsh89 wrote: I imagine you're having coffee soon. :D
:coffee:
LoRab wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote: Each day, it seems as though 2 players have been cursed. I have yet to see anyone's name removed from the lynchpoll.
Except for day 4 when there were 3 people cursed. And day 5 when there was 1 person cursed.
LoRab wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:@G-Man, I think trice is considered a civilian. His role is revealed either when he's checked by Motherfucker/Redeemer, when he is lynched, when ALFOTHAD dies, or when recruited. Since it was revealed upon trice's death, he could not have been recruited (I think we all realize this lol).

But also, the setlist has him listed in pink and green, which are the Indy and civilian colors respectively.
Dom beat me to it, but the role description is pretty clear that the role is indy if not recruited. NOT civ.
LoRab wrote:
Epignosis wrote:And you still trust MM after it was clear he survived a lynch...adding to that the fact that a Night was skipped? One civilian role already skips a night by blocking all actions. Now there's a second night passed.

Do you still think it's reasonable that MM survived a lynch for a good reason?
I could get behind an MM vote. I am still wary of a BWT vote. He now seems like he disappeared, which is different from faking a silence--so we can hope for a replacement. I have questions about him, but I don't see him as a slam dunk like others seem to.
LoRab wrote:Put a vote on MM for now. Mainly because I don't want to miss the vote, and I'm in the middle of dying my hair (oy, tht sounds so lame). I also don't think that's a bad place for the lynch to go. and, as I've said, I have doubts about the vote getters. 3J seems too obvious. BWT I have too many doubts about and I would like to see him replaced not lynched.

I also think good points have been brought up about GMan.
LoRab wrote:@Dom: Nope, not bad.

My top 2 suspects for this round are 3J and MM, which is annoying because MM is insanified and 3J is off the poll.

Epi posting against Christmas is kind of amusing.
LoRab wrote:Sorry, I was out and about all day. MM, I don't like lynching/voting for people who are incapacitated, unless I can help it. I realize there comes a time at which it can't be avoided--I don't think we are at that point yet. Also, my suspicion of MM isn't so strong that I couldn't be swayed by a defense, so I want to give MM that chance. It's part of my personal mafia ethics by which I go about games.
LoRab wrote:We are officially at that point if the numbers are such that it is impossible to be wrong. I only vote for people who are incapacitated when I am fairly certain about them. It's one of the rules I made for myself a very long time ago. I'm not going to change it now. It would be breaking my own, personal ethics code of how I play to vote for a player in that situation (without extenuating circumstances). There are no extenuating circumstances here. I believe that I am suspicious of him--but I'm not certain of that fact by any stretch of the imagination. And he's hardly in a position to be able to discuss that. Therefore, I will not vote for MM this round.

As for your reaction, it felt very flippant, and not in a way that I would expect from a civ who just survived a lynch.
LoRab wrote:Put my vote on G-Man for now. I will sort of be on, so I could be convinced to change it, if I am able to see posts and not be paying attention to meeting. Minly because I don't want to vote for MM because I'm too iffy on that. And because I'm finding his posts more suspicious than sig's. And anyone else on this poll, I feel pretty good about. So, ironically, it's kind of process of elimination.
This content is not all in perfect order because it's hard to keep track when searching for all of Metalmarsh's/Marmot's/MM's nicknames.

Posts by MM about LoRab not previously covered:
Part of his Day 3 beefs with Golden was Golden's defenses of LoRab. He calls that read (and Golden's sig read) Lazy and uninspiring.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Nudges LoRab

You can vote now. :grin:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:EPIGNOSIS
GOLDEN
JJJ
LORAB
Good
Bad
Good
Good
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
timmer wrote:@MM, if you find a way, can you say whether you think all 3 curses today are legit, and if not, which is the lie?
Let me tell you a secret.

I think those wrought with grief (myself included) are innocent and honest folks. Skeletor is a friend of the marmots and LoRab is filled with good intention (but we marmots don't know her well).

I know why I've been stricken (wipes tears from eyes), but I don't know why there are so many in the same boat as I.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:And you know me. Is there anybody in the history of the Syndicate who's better at escaping lynches than I?

Linki: I don't think it's timmer, nor any of my other civ reads.
  • Boomslang
    Dom
    Epignosis
    LoRab
    MovingPictures07
    Sloonei/Quin
Scotty deserves a look (I've been to busy to give it). Jay is still a baddie-read of mine, but that's a bit more subjective.
~~~

Their earliest interactions are chummy banter, with Marmot offering up the first read (civilian read on LoRab). Eventually LoRab responds in kind, but generally they don't talk much about how they read one another. MM restated a civ read a few times throughout the game. LoRab's read eventually turned south as of Day 6. She hasn't really pursued his lynch though. Day 6 was a mega-wagon on me (she voted MM after my wagon had taken off and it was unlikely to change in that direction) and on Day 7 she wouldn't vote for him due to his cap lock insanification.

One thing I notice in MM's posts is that his read on LoRab went in the civilian direction early on, but he didn't do much to explain that read. His read hasn't changed since then as far as I can tell. He was critical of Golden for defending LoRab based on what he called uninspired reasoning. I don't know what Marmot's own reasoning is for his civ read on LoRab. LoRab has been less kind to MM lately, but it hasn't meant much because of his insanification and her claimed scruples related to that.

This interaction doesn't scream mafia-mafia at me, but I do think it's compatible. They've given each other a pretty wide berth for most of the game. The worst of it is LoRab's recent conduct -- the late Day 6 flier vote that didn't amount to anything, and her unwillingness to vote for him on Day 7.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 81

Post by Quin »

3J, does that analysis lead you to think they could be a mafia/mafia team, or could they just share BTSC?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It might be worth doing more analyses like that one. It proved very effective for me late in Mad Max when I was trying to isolate the last two mafia members by team-oriented process of elimination. There are probably too many possible combinations in this array of players for that to be practical, but I might be able to narrow down some of the more likely possibilities.

From there I pose a general question to whoever:

Can you name two players who you believe are definitely not baddie teammates? Name as many combinations as come to mind.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:3J, does that analysis lead you to think they could be a mafia/mafia team, or could they just share BTSC?
I can't imagine they'd have civilian BTSC considering LoRab's recent behavior. Even if she's unwilling to place a meaningful MM vote, casting suspicion on him at all like she has would seem counterproductive to that cause.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:It might be worth doing more analyses like that one. It proved very effective for me late in Mad Max when I was trying to isolate the last two mafia members by team-oriented process of elimination. There are probably too many possible combinations in this array of players for that to be practical, but I might be able to narrow down some of the more likely possibilities.

From there I pose a general question to whoever:

Can you name two players who you believe are definitely not baddie teammates? Name as many combinations as come to mind.
Not off the top of my head. I'll have a more thorough look at it tomorrow when we know where we're standing with living players and night kills.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Can you name two players who you believe are definitely not baddie teammates? Name as many combinations as come to mind.
I don't like giving you ideas about whom to kill.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:Not off the top of my head. I'll have a more thorough look at it tomorrow when we know where we're standing with living players and night kills.
I'm finding it more difficult to come up with these than I anticipated. The only combination that I think looks unlikely at face value is Epignosis/Marmot, because I do think Epi has made a real effort to lynch him. I could narrow it down further by eliminating town reads, but there aren't many of those frankly and it would still leave me with way too many analyses. Meh.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Can you name two players who you believe are definitely not baddie teammates? Name as many combinations as come to mind.
Great opportunity for you to talk about this:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Nobody has addressed this:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:A point about the trice controversy that I'm not sure has been adequately addressed:

Those who think I'm the SK and trice exposed me -- do you assert that trice wasn't genuinely trying as hard as he could to get me lynched?
If I'm the SK, trice didn't merely out me. He tried his best to lynch me too, otherwise unprovoked and unpressured. Explain that to me. I think there's a readily visible motive for him to erroneously paint me as the SK*, but there is not a readily visible motive for him to try to lead the lynch of the player upon whom one of his win conditions rests. If you accept that reality, that means you accept that trice didn't care about winning the game. You accept that trice screwed his potential teammate over to no gain of his own.

*even without having been recruited, he can still play in a way that anticipates recruitment. By screaming and yelling about the SK he is by default revealing himself to the true SK that it's a role he is placing inordinate focus on -- that serves as a signal and can facilitate the recruitment. By focusing that screaming and yelling on someone who is not the SK (me), he ensures that when his role is publicly revealed, he doesn't expose both himself and his teammate. Any suspicions originating from that reveal are directed upon me and my false lynch safeguards them both.

So, everyone who has defaulted to the notion that I am the SK because trice said so -- it is your responsibility to answer this. Off-hand I can name: Epignosis and Dom. Marmot and LoRab too, though their suspicion has been less SK-focused. Those who are cursed I understand you can't answer now. Do it later.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Great opportunity for you to talk about this:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Nobody has addressed this:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:A point about the trice controversy that I'm not sure has been adequately addressed:

Those who think I'm the SK and trice exposed me -- do you assert that trice wasn't genuinely trying as hard as he could to get me lynched?
If I'm the SK, trice didn't merely out me. He tried his best to lynch me too, otherwise unprovoked and unpressured. Explain that to me. I think there's a readily visible motive for him to erroneously paint me as the SK*, but there is not a readily visible motive for him to try to lead the lynch of the player upon whom one of his win conditions rests. If you accept that reality, that means you accept that trice didn't care about winning the game. You accept that trice screwed his potential teammate over to no gain of his own.

*even without having been recruited, he can still play in a way that anticipates recruitment. By screaming and yelling about the SK he is by default revealing himself to the true SK that it's a role he is placing inordinate focus on -- that serves as a signal and can facilitate the recruitment. By focusing that screaming and yelling on someone who is not the SK (me), he ensures that when his role is publicly revealed, he doesn't expose both himself and his teammate. Any suspicions originating from that reveal are directed upon me and my false lynch safeguards them both.

So, everyone who has defaulted to the notion that I am the SK because trice said so -- it is your responsibility to answer this. Off-hand I can name: Epignosis and Dom. Marmot and LoRab too, though their suspicion has been less SK-focused. Those who are cursed I understand you can't answer now. Do it later.
Thanks for reminding me.

I think trice is illogical, angry, and does not do things the same way you or I would. I know him from a music forum, but my mafia experience with him is limited. I don't know what he would do thrust into the role he was. It's unprecedented. He did call you the serial killer. Why would he do that if you weren't? You answer that one.

I don't believe you're a civilian Jay. I don't.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:Thanks for reminding me.

I think trice is illogical, angry, and does not do things the same way you or I would. I know him from a music forum, but my mafia experience with him is limited. I don't know what he would do thrust into the role he was. It's unprecedented. He did call you the serial killer. Why would he do that if you weren't? You answer that one.

I already did. I can only speculate, but I do think an answer is available to those who are willing to look for it: even an unrecruited trice is likely to play the game in a way that anticipates recruitment. He has to signal the serial killer in some way or another to facilitate that since the SK is the one looking for him. It looks to me that trice's choice method of providing that signal was to point the SK finger at me and make it his loud crusade.

Doing this has a couple of effects for trice that can serve to his benefit:

1.) Making the SK chase a purposeful focus in his public behavior can itself serve as a signal to the true SK that he/she should check trice during a Night phase.

2.) In the event that the recruitment resolves successfully and his role is revealed, there isn't an obvious incriminating problem for both he and his potential partner (as there would be in a scenario where I'm the SK). He has glued himself to the wrong person, and in the event that I am lynched afterword that bond is severed by my non-SK flip. The two of them then have a real route to win the game.

3.) If he succeeds in his attempt to lynch me on Day 4, the bond is severed before he is recruited and he doesn't lose anything other than the negative credit for my civilian flip (and he may well have even suspected I was mafia). The only risk he endures then is someone other than the SK picking up on his signal and theorizing such publicly -- a problem that I don't think he'd find particularly frightening.

There's my answer. I think my question was an important one that needs to be addressed in a way more thorough than "I don't know, I'm not trice". Why did he try to lynch me on Day 4? Why was his first move on Day 4 to make a clear motion against me before he was under any pressure himself, one that progressed quickly into him yelling that I am the serial killer? That's not a player being "illogical and angry" -- that's a player throwing the game for himself. Do you believe that trice threw the game for himself?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Trice's second post of Day 4

Trice's third post of Day 4:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:biggest change in Golden's theories over the course of day 3 was JJJ from Moderate Town & less likely than sloonei to be bad, to worried about JJJ
The first place trice went after the Golden kill was to insinuate that I was guilty of killing him. This is where his attacks on me began that day, at the very beginning of the phase, before any pressure had fallen on trice himself. There is no urgency for votes to be moved, there is no subtle signaling, there is only trice casting suspicion upon me which quickly developed into "JJJ is the SK".

That leaves us with a question that I think has an obvious answer:

Did trice want to be recruited by me, or did he want to lynch me?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Thanks for reminding me.

I already did. I can only speculate, but I do think an answer is available to those who are willing to look for it: even an unrecruited trice is likely to play the game in a way that anticipates recruitment. He has to signal the serial killer in some way or another to facilitate that since the SK is the one looking for him. It looks to me that trice's choice method of providing that signal was to point the SK finger at me and make it his loud crusade.

Doing this has a couple of effects for trice that can serve to his benefit:

1.) Making the SK chase a purposeful focus in his public behavior can itself serve as a signal to the true SK that he/she should check trice during a Night phase.

2.) In the event that the recruitment resolves successfully and his role is revealed, there isn't an obvious incriminating problem for both he and his potential partner (as there would be in a scenario where I'm the SK). He has glued himself to the wrong person, and in the event that I am lynched afterword that bond is severed by my non-SK flip. The two of them then have a real route to win the game.

3.) If he succeeds in his attempt to lynch me on Day 4, the bond is severed before he is recruited and he doesn't lose anything other than the negative credit for my civilian flip (and he may well have even suspected I was mafia). The only risk he endures then is someone other than the SK picking up on his signal and theorizing such publicly -- a problem that I don't think he'd find particularly frightening.

There's my answer. I think my question was an important one that needs to be addressed in a way more thorough than "I don't know, I'm not trice". Why did he try to lynch me on Day 4? Why was his first move on Day 4 to make a clear motion against me before he was under any pressure himself, one that progressed quickly into him yelling that I am the serial killer? That's not a player being "illogical and angry" -- that's a player throwing the game for himself. Do you believe that trice threw the game for himself?
''

Trice points the finger at you. The serial killer is supposed to recruit him based on that? No. There are many other creative ways I can think of to get the serial killer to target you than blabbing the way he did. I still think Trice was just salty that you hadn't picked him yet and that you were lynching him. To address your clever ideas:

One is clearly not the case because he could have done it earlier.

Two doesn't work because a recruitment didn't happen and Trice knew he was on his way out the door.

Three presumes you are a civilian, and I don't think you are.

Thank you G-Man for keeping this fiend around. :disappoint:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Trice's second post of Day 4

Trice's third post of Day 4:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:biggest change in Golden's theories over the course of day 3 was JJJ from Moderate Town & less likely than sloonei to be bad, to worried about JJJ
The first place trice went after the Golden kill was to insinuate that I was guilty of killing him. This is where his attacks on me began that day, at the very beginning of the phase, before any pressure had fallen on trice himself. There is no urgency for votes to be moved, there is no subtle signaling, there is only trice casting suspicion upon me which quickly developed into "JJJ is the SK".

That leaves us with a question that I think has an obvious answer:

Did trice want to be recruited by me, or did he want to lynch me?
Trice was pissed at you.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:Trice points the finger at you. The serial killer is supposed to recruit him based on that? No. There are many other creative ways I can think of to get the serial killer to target you than blabbing the way he did.
Name them.
Epignosis wrote:One is clearly not the case because he could have done it earlier.
He could have done it when the thought occurred to him to do it.
Epignosis wrote:Two doesn't work because a recruitment didn't happen and Trice knew he was on his way out the door.
It doesn't make sense to discard a hypothetical because of how reality developed. We're talking about how trice might have thought through his decisions in anticipation of circumstance, not how circumstance actually developed. Those aren't the same thing.
Epignosis wrote:Trice was pissed at you.
He was pissed at me because I'm the SK and didn't find him in the space of three night phases? That's what you believe?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Trice points the finger at you. The serial killer is supposed to recruit him based on that? No. There are many other creative ways I can think of to get the serial killer to target you than blabbing the way he did.
Name them.
Or?

You'll kill me?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:He was pissed at me because I'm the SK and didn't find him in the space of three night phases? That's what you believe?
He was pissed at you because he knew who you are and you were voting for him. So he said fuck you.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

:rolleyes:

I'm trying to determine how much thought you're actually putting into this. "Lynch JJJ because trice said so" is the easiest shit there is and you've been very comfortable with that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote::rolleyes:

I'm trying to determine how much thought you're actually putting into this. "Lynch JJJ because trice said so" is the easiest shit there is and you've been very comfortable with that.
No. Lynch you because you don't listen to me when I say somebody is good.

Lynch you because you don't listen to me when I say somebody is good. Again.

Lynch you because you are behaving in a way that is not receptive to what civilians are saying.

Lynch you because you voting record is awful.

Lynch you because you keep acting like you have something to offer but you don't.

And yes, lynch you because Trice called you out.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I didn't find the reasons you supplied for calling somebody good compelling.

Your voting record is shit.

You're not receptive to shit.

I'm offering more than you are Mr. Fuck Christmas.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I didn't find the reasons you supplied for calling somebody good compelling.
Because you're bad.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Your voting record is shit.
Your voting record is shit.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:You're not receptive to shit.
That's actually not true. I'm just more subtle about it. :slick:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm offering more than you are Mr. Fuck Christmas.
I hope you get lynched before Christmas.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'd also call Dom/sig an unlikely team combination. I don't think a bad Dom would put a bad sig on the spot like he did on Day 7; it'd promote unnecessary and otherwise absent bad press for sig.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Not a fan. I'm considering a Marmot/LoRab mafia team, because it's too late in the game to be concerned with voting for an insanified player. I'll look into their posts to see if I can substantiate that suspicion more conclusively.
I'm sorry that I'm unsure about my suspicion about MM. Which is really what this comes down to. I suspect him. I'm not certain he's bad. I suspect that he might be. Which is not enough for me to vote for him when I can't have a conversation with him about that.

And it's not a sudden thing for me--the fact that I turn away from voting for people who are incapacitated is well documented throughout my mafia career.

And your analysis between me and MM could be done between any 2 players and show equally inconclusive material (and no, I'm not on a baddie team with MM). Yes, I didn't support a bandwagon against you, nor did I support voting against BWT--I posted about both those things much earlier than I voted. MM was a player I was starting to suspect and I voted that way as a result, especially as I didn't like either of the other options. I knew that 1 vote wasn't enough to lynch him, so when it came to day 7, and he couldn't post, then I didn't want to lynch him, when I couldn't have a conversation with him about it. I'm still not sure about him. Are you certain about him?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If, at the end of this game, 3J turns out to be a civilian, I will donate $50 to the charity of his choice.

I'll have to do it in February, but I'll do it.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:If, at the end of this game, 3J turns out to be a civilian, I will donate $50 to the charity of his choice.

For the children.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll reciprocate, Epi. If I don't turn out to be a civilian, I'll send out $50 to the charity of your choice.
Fake generosity still makes me look like a great guy in the moment. :grin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:If, at the end of this game, 3J turns out to be a civilian, I will donate $50 to the charity of his choice.

For the children.
That's a deal. :beer:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

LoRab wrote:And your analysis between me and MM could be done between any 2 players and show equally inconclusive material
That's technically possible; I haven't done any other analyses of that type. Throw two names at me of players you think might be baddie teammates and I'll have a look.
LoRab wrote:Are you certain about him?
No. He's a suspect but he's not the only one. There's a lot to discuss about everyone alive.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'll reciprocate, Epi. If I don't turn out to be a civilian, I'll send out $50 to the charity of your choice.
Something has occurred to me:

This post was meant to be in good spirits, but it occurs to me that it might actually influence how people read me in this game. JJJ wouldn't throw his money away like that would he???

That's not my intention, please ignore this post when you judge my alignment. That's not in the spirit of the game and I should have considered that before I hit submit.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'll reciprocate, Epi. If I don't turn out to be a civilian, I'll send out $50 to the charity of your choice.
Something has occurred to me:

This post was meant to be in good spirits, but it occurs to me that it might actually influence how people read me in this game. JJJ wouldn't throw his money away like that would he???

That's not my intention, please ignore this post when you judge my alignment. That's not in the spirit of the game and I should have considered that before I hit submit.
I didn't understand what you meant by this post, so I didn't comment. Was it a joke?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:I didn't understand what you meant by this post, so I didn't comment. Was it a joke?
It was a light-hearted response to your pledge. I've already seen my rolecard so it's not the same thing; that was my joke.

Hah.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Whichever of you ends up donating $50 to a charity of your choice, might I suggest the St Baldrick's Foundation, which raises money to fight Childhood Cancer, directly funding research towards finding safe and effective treatment of and cures for different childhood cancers. I happen to be currently fundraising for it, and will be shaving my head as part of my fundraising in January (but will accept donations through the end of 2017). This is also why my hair is currently purple. Just throwing it out there.... (and self promoting...anyone else can donate, too!): https://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/rabbiisa5777
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

You got it LoRab, I'll switch my selection to that one. :nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
LoRab wrote:And your analysis between me and MM could be done between any 2 players and show equally inconclusive material
That's technically possible; I haven't done any other analyses of that type. Throw two names at me of players you think might be baddie teammates and I'll have a look.
No. He's a suspect but he's not the only one. There's a lot to discuss about everyone alive.
How about do an analysis between yourself and Sig.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:You got it LoRab, I'll switch my selection to that one. :nicenod:

:noble:

(also, based on the other 2 times I've done this, that's what I'll look like after I shave my head)
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

LoRab wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
How about do an analysis between yourself and Sig.
lol

I can include sig, but I'm not going to spend my time and energy analyzing myself. That won't help me find baddies. Who else?

Do you think sig and I are teammates?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

We've spent nearly the whole game staying quiet on these night polls. They likely have some influence on the game as evidenced by the fact that the options keep decreasing in number as we "select" them. I wonder if some of the game's question marks, like the number of insanifications, can be tied to those polls somehow.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 53

Post by DrWilgy »

Yo, sorry. I thought I had another day :(

Would've voted Sig from what I read.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 379
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm a little miffed that you guys are only interested in lynching me when I'm cursed. That's hard to defend against (especially when I'm trying to post on my phone because I'm on an airplane or whatever). Just bloody do it when I can speak if you're going to do it.

I was annoyed that G-Man still voted for me despite my disproving his vote-analysis of me (and being the only one to respond). I didn't like that move, but there were other players (DrWilgy, sig, and Jay) that I'd rather lynch, and I still thought MP was civilian. Also, his sudden strong effort is laudable. Thanks G-Man!
Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I can't believe you lynched him!

I'll be on to address things later.
I voted DrWilgy when I posted about birds (12 days of fuck that holiday), but you posted a smiley that suggested I shouldn't do that, so I went back to G-Man.
Sorry, I wasn't watching the poll, just trying to discern anything I could from your posts.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Their earliest interactions are chummy banter, with Marmot offering up the first read (civilian read on LoRab). Eventually LoRab responds in kind, but generally they don't talk much about how they read one another. MM restated a civ read a few times throughout the game. LoRab's read eventually turned south as of Day 6. She hasn't really pursued his lynch though. Day 6 was a mega-wagon on me (she voted MM after my wagon had taken off and it was unlikely to change in that direction) and on Day 7 she wouldn't vote for him due to his cap lock insanification.

One thing I notice in MM's posts is that his read on LoRab went in the civilian direction early on, but he didn't do much to explain that read. His read hasn't changed since then as far as I can tell. He was critical of Golden for defending LoRab based on what he called uninspired reasoning. I don't know what Marmot's own reasoning is for his civ read on LoRab. LoRab has been less kind to MM lately, but it hasn't meant much because of his insanification and her claimed scruples related to that.

This interaction doesn't scream mafia-mafia at me, but I do think it's compatible. They've given each other a pretty wide berth for most of the game. The worst of it is LoRab's recent conduct -- the late Day 6 flier vote that didn't amount to anything, and her unwillingness to vote for him on Day 7.
I haven't said much about LoRab, you're right there. Dom falls in the same boat. Tell me why LoRab could be bad.

I'd also love to have my mafia reads progress, but the two people I wanted to lynch on Day 4 are still alive and won't die. That's difficult to move past.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:Not off the top of my head. I'll have a more thorough look at it tomorrow when we know where we're standing with living players and night kills.
I'm finding it more difficult to come up with these than I anticipated. The only combination that I think looks unlikely at face value is Epignosis/Marmot, because I do think Epi has made a real effort to lynch him. I could narrow it down further by eliminating town reads, but there aren't many of those frankly and it would still leave me with way too many analyses. Meh.
What if there is only one mafia left?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DrWilgy wrote:Yo, sorry. I thought I had another day :(

Would've voted Sig from what I read.
Can I haz GTH'S for christmas, doc?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
What if there is only one mafia left?
What if there are three?
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:Would've voted Sig from what I read.
Why?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Wert Trice.

I think he felt the pressure that he was going to be lynched, so he called out the man he knew to be the SK. If we manage to lynch Jay first, trice converts to civilian and maybe gets some breathing room to live on after leading a lynch on the SK.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

When was the last time anybody was silenced? We've all checked in today, right? There could only be one baddie left, since Sleep can't kill and silence at the same time.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:When was the last time anybody was silenced? We've all checked in today, right? There could only be one baddie left, since Sleep can't kill and silence at the same time.
I think Sleep is the only role that can kill right now regardless of who's alive. It doesn't appear the mafia team can give the kill to anyone they want, it has to be the predetermined role in the order assigned.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Wert Trice.

I think he felt the pressure that he was going to be lynched, so he called out the man he knew to be the SK. If we manage to lynch Jay first, trice converts to civilian and maybe gets some breathing room to live on after leading a lynch on the SK.
The SK dying before casketjack exposes his role, which in this case would make trice a confirmed civilian and a kill magnet. In a game where survival is required to win, that's not conducive to winning.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”