Random~

Kick back and relax by discussing anything unrelated to mafia at The Syndicate's Speakeasy.

Moderator: Community Team

Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 359

Re: Random~

Post by Vompatti »

Would you believe me if I told you I would and also why can't you install a new OS while you're not at school, q.m. :confused:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 214
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Vompatti wrote:Would you believe me if I told you I would and also why can't you install a new OS while you're not at school, q.m. :confused:
It sounds like a lot of work, and I'm feeling hesitant to partake this endeavor, and I don't want to fall behind on schoolwork

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Vompatti wrote:Would you believe me if I told you I would and also why can't you install a new OS while you're not at school, q.m. :confused:
It sounds like a lot of work, and I'm feeling hesitant to partake this endeavor, and I don't want to fall behind on schoolwork
Most GNU/Linux distros don't take more than an hour or two install k :mafia:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I will no longer be able to use my beloved chatzilla to get on irc. Does anyone have any experience with colloquy? Is that the right program for me to use on a Mac?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 61

Post by nutella »

I recommend Linkinus (though I haven't used it in so long :blush: ) it's a really good mac irc client
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Vompatti wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Most GNU/Linux distros don't take more than an hour or two install k :mafia:
True, but I think it takes a while to learn and get accustomed to, which is my worry.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 477

Post by A Person »

Vompatti wrote:Would you believe me if I told you that if I had any faith in humanity the people who pay for proprietary operating systems would make me lose a significant portion of it?

I equate it to supporting criminal organizations k
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 132

Post by Ricochet »

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

And happy Monday to you Aussies and Kiwis. Looks like I missed you by a hair.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 197
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Merry Christmas!!!
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 77

Post by DharmaHelper »

God Bless us, everyone.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Epignosis »

Merry Christmas you lovely animals.

I am sitting upstairs in my own room now. It is quiet. The din of Christmastime has waned.

The night we moved in, I, exhausted from carrying every piece of furniture and remaining item from there to here, sat for the first time in my rocking chair by the fireplace. My wife has described our present circumstances as "surreal," but not me. I felt I was home from that very moment. This was my place. I sat there and just listened to the house. Houses make noises. They groan a little and whisper. The appliances, hi-tech as they are, make their own degree of noises, far less ghostly. I sat in my chair for hours and just listened to all of it. Those were- are- the sounds of my home.

Buying a house is no fun. We had a lending team that almost ruined everything. They would tell us we had all our documents in only to tell us later we needed something else, and they did that multiple times. They received documents that they wouldn't submit to underwriting until three days later. They pushed back our closing date. Fortunately, we had a ballsy, no-nonsense real estate agent who went to bat for us and called them to the carpet. My wife made her a cake. That's how she says "Thank you."

The kitchen window gives us a beautiful view of the sunrise through the pine trees. That first morning was glorious. I'll never forget it.

One last thing.

Today is Christmas, and I noticed something rather poignant. Our children received all manner of toys and games and things they wanted (not the array they got last year, but it was still plentiful when you factor in extended family). There was Mario and Pokemon and Rescue Bots and Potato Heads and Legos and Shopkins and so much more. As we drove back to our house from grandma's, the kids were arguing over who would be playing video games first and how long and so on. Yet when we pulled into our garage, all three of them unanimously agreed on what they wanted to do.

They just wanted to play outside.

No shiny new toys. No electronics. No gimmicky objects covered in plastic and Made in China. They happily spent the rest of daylight riding beat up old scooters and tricycles in a safe front yard cul-de-sac. Then when it got dark they came into the garage and played a while there. It wasn't until after their baths that I had to remind them of their Christmas presents.

When I explained this incredible observation to them, Simon thought they were all in trouble because he thought it meant they weren't grateful for their presents.

No son. We're finally happy for you.

Things are different now.

Things are quiet now.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Happy Christmas to you and yours Rob.

I'm not half as poetic nor do I have anything quite as monumental to share, but this Christmas did mark a very special moment, for me at least.

Today for the first time in 23 years I made my mother Christmas dinner. We ate beef stroganoff and hot bread, with mashed potatoes. I made strawberry salad, and Aces made a lemon cheesecake. It's small, and by no stretch elegant, but just recalling it now I'm moved to tears, genuinely. I love my mother very much and I tell her every day, but today I was given a rare opportunity to show her instead. I'm very proud of the meal we made for her, but the thing I'm proudest of is that she didn't lift a finger today. She did teach me how to cut green onions though.

I share this with you all because I love my family more than myself. And in no small part you too are my family. A lesson I learned today is that no act of love is small, because by its very nature love is vast and infinite and beautiful. I'm happy.

Merry Christmas. Love.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:Happy Christmas to you and yours Rob.

I'm not half as poetic nor do I have anything quite as monumental to share, but this Christmas did mark a very special moment, for me at least.

Today for the first time in 23 years I made my mother Christmas dinner. We ate beef stroganoff and hot bread, with mashed potatoes. I made strawberry salad, and Aces made a lemon cheesecake. It's small, and by no stretch elegant, but just recalling it now I'm moved to tears, genuinely. I love my mother very much and I tell her every day, but today I was given a rare opportunity to show her instead. I'm very proud of the meal we made for her, but the thing I'm proudest of is that she didn't lift a finger today. She did teach me how to cut green onions though.

I share this with you all because I love my family more than myself. And in no small part you too are my family. A lesson I learned today is that no act of love is small, because by its very nature love is vast and infinite and beautiful. I'm happy.

Merry Christmas. Love.
I'm a cook, so this resonated with me. There is an inherent love in preparing food for other people. I hope you continue it.

And please tell your mother some stranger on the Internet with a Skeletor face said "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year."
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Will do :P

Also, my fucking hands still smell like red wine vinegar.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:They just wanted to play outside.
You don't know what you've got until you know what it's like not to have it.

You done well for your kids, epi. I'm glad that you know it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DharmaHelper wrote:Happy Christmas to you and yours Rob.

Merry Christmas. Love.
Kudos DH!

My mother still cooked dinner on Christmas Eve and breakfast the following morning for all 5 of her kids. But this year, I saved her some time and did Christmas Eve lunch for the family, and acorn squash soup. The siblings were a little tentative to try something "weird", but it turned out well. :P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 10

Post by DrWilgy »

And I'm back homies!

Sorry I've been distant (other than in games) life caught up with me at my new job... Which I quit... YAY ME!!!

What's new? I hope everyone had good Holiday celebrations if you celebrate them.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Acorns and squash sound real good.

Hey Doc.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Elohcin »

DrWilgy wrote:And I'm back homies!

Sorry I've been distant (other than in games) life caught up with me at my new job... Which I quit... YAY ME!!!

What's new? I hope everyone had good Holiday celebrations if you celebrate them.
What job did you quit? And what are your future plans?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

I am no longer the warrior I used to be.

Image Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Happy new year, people!
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm sleepy.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

juliets wrote:I'm sleepy.
Did you get to New Years?
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

:rip: to the ones who didn't make it :beer:

Image Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ricochet wrote:
No - but when I went to bed the firecrackers and fireworks kept me up.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

juliets wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
No - but when I went to bed the firecrackers and fireworks kept me up.
You won't believe it, but car alarm never went off. Was still ringing at 10am when I woke up.

Didn't trouble me, though. My sleep is Inception-like deep, it seems. :beer:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Yikes! Car alarms!

And Happy New Year everyone!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 195

Post by thellama73 »

We played four games of Secret Hitler (similar to mafia) on NYE. I won all four. Playing with you people has trained me well. Thanks, guys!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Anybody got any goodfam?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:Anybody got any goodfam?
No.
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 10

Post by DrWilgy »

Elohcin wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:And I'm back homies!

What job did you quit? And what are your future plans?
I worked technical/customer support at a call center, but am super done with that. I'm going back to school full time starting this semester.

Happy New year's everyone.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Rather than creating another pre-game hype post for BLUE vs. RED, I spent my lunch break changing security settings for my Google and LinkedIn accounts.

Thanks a lot, hackers. :suspish:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

If you care at all about security, why use Google or Linkelnkln? :confused:

Image Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Quin »

Got another job interview today. Fingers crossed that they're being honest about the job role this time.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Quin wrote:Got another job interview today. Fingers crossed that they're being honest about the job role this time.
Thats great quin! Good luck and be sure to tell us how it goes.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

juliets wrote:
Quin wrote:Got another job interview today. Fingers crossed that they're being honest about the job role this time.
It went really well this time!! I feel like I got on really well with the owner and she said she'd give me a call so I'm feeling pretty good about my chances. The job is working with the owner to do social media marketing for her business. The only problem is the hours are irregular and on a 'I need you' basis so I'll never really know when or how often I'll be working. That said, if they offer it to me I'll definitely take it (although we didn't discuss wages, I don't think the conversation ever made it's way there) unless there's a huge issue that comes up.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Quin wrote:
juliets wrote:
It went really well this time!! I feel like I got on really well with the owner and she said she'd give me a call so I'm feeling pretty good about my chances. The job is working with the owner to do social media marketing for her business. The only problem is the hours are irregular and on a 'I need you' basis so I'll never really know when or how often I'll be working. That said, if they offer it to me I'll definitely take it (although we didn't discuss wages, I don't think the conversation ever made it's way there) unless there's a huge issue that comes up.
Thats great quin! It's not unusual for wages to not come up in the first conversation. I hope you get it and it's enough work for you.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:Image
me
ImageImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I learned something new the other night. Every good minimalist has a hair-dryer.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

I wish more people used IRC

Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:Image
I read this the other day, almost posted it here too. :biggrin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

it's all about Discord these days
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm on slack sometimes.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

The only proprietary chat thing I use is the fb one and I'll probably quit that too the next time I get banned

Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Dom »

wtf is slack
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 480
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I am always paralyzed with fear that my cat's social media account is going to get frozen or banned.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “The Speakeasy”