Random~

Kick back and relax by discussing anything unrelated to mafia at The Syndicate's Speakeasy.

Moderator: Community Team

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 195

Re: Random~

Post by thellama73 »

G-Man wrote:
Long Con wrote:I am going crazy I need a Mafia game to start.
LOL, I still need another week to get my silly pre-game posts out of my system. Someone really needs to stop me from getting so out of hand with my games one of these days. :p
Will it disqualify me from your game if I admit to not reading any of your pre-game posts?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 132

Post by G-Man »

thellama73 wrote:
G-Man wrote:
LOL, I still need another week to get my silly pre-game posts out of my system. Someone really needs to stop me from getting so out of hand with my games one of these days. :p
Will it disqualify me from your game if I admit to not reading any of your pre-game posts?
Nope. They just fill in the gap between games. Nothing consequential about them really. I just like to write. :D
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 214
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

juliets wrote:
Agreed.
The feeling is mutual.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

You should sign up for Survivor: Mafia then, bucko!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Scotty wrote:
You should sign up for Survivor: Mafia then, bucko!
Will that make it start?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

ω
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Quin »

Quin wrote:
juliets wrote:
Quin wrote:Got another job interview today. Fingers crossed that they're being honest about the job role this time.
Thats great quin! Good luck and be sure to tell us how it goes.
It went really well this time!! I feel like I got on really well with the owner and she said she'd give me a call so I'm feeling pretty good about my chances. The job is working with the owner to do social media marketing for her business. The only problem is the hours are irregular and on a 'I need you' basis so I'll never really know when or how often I'll be working. That said, if they offer it to me I'll definitely take it (although we didn't discuss wages, I don't think the conversation ever made it's way there) unless there's a huge issue that comes up.
i got offered the job!! :omg:

Like I said, the hours suck but it's the experience I wouldn't get otherwise, so hopefully this will work out with my search for another job to pick up the slack.

I've got a group interview at my uni working in one of their cafes a few days a week, so fingers crossed for that too.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Golden »

Well done Quin!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
notsawyer540
The Mark
Posts in topic: 4

Post by notsawyer540 »

What's up bitches?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Congrats Quin on your new job!

llama, how did you get selected to interview the director of The Founder on NPR tomorrow?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

juliets wrote:Congrats Quin on your new job!

llama, how did you get selected to interview the director of The Founder on NPR tomorrow?
I wrote a review of the movie and someone at NPR saw it and found my take interesting. I'm as surprised as you are. :)
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

thellama73 wrote:

I wrote a review of the movie and someone at NPR saw it and found my take interesting. I'm as surprised as you are. :)
Can you link us to your review? And did I in some way indicate I was surprised? :grin:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

juliets wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Can you link us to your review? And did I in some way indicate I was surprised? :grin:
Link.

I should note that I didn't come up with the title. The editors tend to put clickbaity titles on there that I am not thrilled with.

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Great review, llama. Really good.

While no legal system is cheap, there's no doubt that the American legal system in particular is set up in a way that allows the wealthy to bury others in legal costs and make it fiscally impossible for them to fight. There are any number of things I would do to fix the American legal system, but it's so hulking and lumbering that it would be a very large challenge.

Access to Justice is something that policy analysts in the Justice space grapple with regularly. Access to Justice is represented by a cheap and affordable system, but it's also represented by the ability to present all evidence, to appeal matters when you believe decisions made against you are wrong, etc... all of which increase the cost of participation. It's a challenging balancing act.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 185

Post by S~V~S »

I will try to see if I can get it. I enjoyed the review~ although I am sure had I seen the film I might have drawn different conclusions, I can see why you drew the conclusions that you did. I am curious to see why your review surprised them. If I can't get it, can you post a link after the fact?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:I will try to see if I can get it. I enjoyed the review~ although I am sure had I seen the film I might have drawn different conclusions, I can see why you drew the conclusions that you did. I am curious to see why your review surprised them. If I can't get it, can you post a link after the fact?
Thanks, I certainly will.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Good job llama. I'm also interested in what they saw that was a different angle. And I'm also interested in whether you will be able to post a link to the show. I don't think my NPR station airs that show at 11:00 am though I will double check.

Also interesting to me is that the director of the that movie did Saving Mr. Banks and if I'm remembering the movie thread correctly you also liked that movie. I liked it as well so would probably like this one.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

juliets wrote:Good job llama. I'm also interested in what they saw that was a different angle. And I'm also interested in whether you will be able to post a link to the show. I don't think my NPR station airs that show at 11:00 am though I will double check.

Also interesting to me is that the director of the that movie did Saving Mr. Banks and if I'm remembering the movie thread correctly you also liked that movie. I liked it as well so would probably like this one.
They seem to post the show online, so I definitely provide a link.

Yes, I did like Saving Mr. Banks a lot. I'm looking forward to meeting the director.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

llama, I see you are back from your adventure on NPR - tell us all about it -

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

juliets wrote:llama, I see you are back from your adventure on NPR - tell us all about it -
Indeed I am! It went well. The host was in Boston and the director in Burbank, so I was in a room by myself with a microphone and headphones. I only got to talk for about 5-10 minutes out of the hour, but I think I handled myself well. The director said "Logan is right" at one point, so that was a high point.

The episode has been posted online if you're interested.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:
juliets wrote:llama, I see you are back from your adventure on NPR - tell us all about it -
Indeed I am! It went well. The host was in Boston and the director in Burbank, so I was in a room by myself with a microphone and headphones. I only got to talk for about 5-10 minutes out of the hour, but I think I handled myself well. The director said "Logan is right" at one point, so that was a high point.

Being right is, like... the best. :noble:

In other news:
GOC 2016 wrote:Are you ready for this? :mafia:

I'll be sending out role cards shortly. The game will not begin until 8:00 PM though.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote:
GOC 2016 wrote:Are you ready for this? :mafia:

I'll be sending out role cards shortly. The game will not begin until 8:00 PM though.
Shh, we're not supposed to talk about that.

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Do you know where in the 46 minutes you are?

Do you know if John (Lee) Hancock has a big signature?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Golden wrote:Do you know where in the 46 minutes you are?

My segment starts probably around the 25 or 30 minute mark. Hard to know for sure without listening to it, since they edited the breaks out.

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

thellama73 wrote:
Golden wrote:Do you know where in the 46 minutes you are?

My segment starts probably around the 25 or 30 minute mark. Hard to know for sure without listening to it, since they edited the breaks out.
I might listen to the whole thing later, for context, but streaming at work takes its data, so I'm aiming to go straight to you.

Edit: Good guess. 24:55 is where you come in.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 197
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Wait, when did Golden become #6 to hit 10,000 posts? Nice!

The real question is whether Jay or Rico will be #7. :mafia:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:

I'll be listening to this in the morning. :beer:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Wait, when did Golden become #6 to hit 10,000 posts? Nice!

When I posted that I was in the Post Count Achievement Thread. Keep up, MP! :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Wait, when did Golden become #6 to hit 10,000 posts? Nice!

Damn, where have I been?!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:

You literally replied to me when I posted in there...
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:

You literally replied to me when I posted in there...
LOL, seriously? I'm losing my mind. :omg:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

:ponder:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:Shh, we're not supposed to talk about that.

Since when do I ever have any grace, sense, or memory?
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 480
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:

Good job, I am very proud of you!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Not as proud as I am of you!

Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 480
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Not as proud as I am of you!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:

Your voice was disappointingly normal for someone with that moustache.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

That's a fake voice I put on for radio. I actually sound like Hans Conried.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Yes!! That's more like it!
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Epignosis »

I'm sorry, but I don't care. This has to be said. You squandered a perfect opportunity, the likes of which you may never get again.

If I had the opportunity you did, I would have taken it.

When the very first question or invitation to speak came my way, I would have moved solemnly toward the mic and uttered, "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows."

But you blew it. :disappoint:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I did that the first time I went on radio.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:I did that the first time I went on radio.
Did you drop the mic then?

Because I noticed you did just now.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Quin »

My contact lenses seem to be out of focus or something because looking at a computer screen is a chore. My glasses don't give me this problem. Ehhhhhhhhhhh.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:My contact lenses seem to be out of focus or something because looking at a computer screen is a chore. My glasses don't give me this problem. Ehhhhhhhhhhh.
Yeah, I never ended up going contact lenses. They're a pain in the eye.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I've had glasses since I was 2 years old, so I'm as used to them as I could possibly be. I also hate the idea of sticking something into my eye, so I've never seriously considered contacts.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

There was a professional baseball player (I forget who) that got pulled over. Cop looked at his license and said, "Says here you need glasses, where are they?" Baseball player: "I've got contacts." Cop: "I don't care who you know, you still have to wear your glasses!"
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Long Con wrote:There was a professional baseball player (I forget who) that got pulled over. Cop looked at his license and said, "Says here you need glasses, where are they?" Baseball player: "I've got contacts." Cop: "I don't care who you know, you still have to wear your glasses!"
:haha:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Long Con wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Yes!! That's more like it!
No, wait - Bill the Butcher from Gangs of New York! That's how I read your posts, when I have the wherewithal.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Long Con wrote:There was a professional baseball player (I forget who) that got pulled over. Cop looked at his license and said, "Says here you need glasses, where are they?" Baseball player: "I've got contacts." Cop: "I don't care who you know, you still have to wear your glasses!"
Licenses here say 'corrective lenses' and I just realised that's why.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 185

Post by S~V~S »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I've had glasses since I was 2 years old, so I'm as used to them as I could possibly be. I also hate the idea of sticking something into my eye, so I've never seriously considered contacts.
Yeah, I have had glasses since I was 4, so I feel your pain. But I got my first contacts when they were hard lenses, wow they are so much more comfortable now. I honestly forget I have them in.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell

Return to “The Speakeasy”