62%

Total votes: 13
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 124

Re: Lost Again Mafia (Season 3) - Day 1

Post by G-Man »

speedchuck wrote:
nutella wrote:I could probably just as well vote for speed since he has the same problems as llama. And his only attempt at hinting has been multiple references to the smoke monster. Not sure what's going on there. :ponder:
Me neither. Should I claim my character?
Sorsha wrote:
speedchuck wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Put my vote on llama for now. I'll change it later if saving myself is a possibility.
Where would you change it to?
Wherever I'd be able to tie or put someone else in the lead
Ah, so you'd change your vote to save yourself.

Okay then.
From your comment about spitting up sand, my thoughts are you could be Paulo or Vincent. I don't recall anyone else being around sand to the point it was in their mouth.

You all... You all- You all, everybody...
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 42
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote:
nutella wrote:I could probably just as well vote for speed since he has the same problems as llama. And his only attempt at hinting has been multiple references to the smoke monster. Not sure what's going on there. :ponder:
It is highly encouraged. Almost everyone else has.

Though tbh it probably doesn't actually matter if the baddies have roles to fake-claim as I believe was the case in the previous games. We can theorize as to which characters Golden might have left out of the civ pool this round, but based on season 1 I don't recall it being based on any predictable pattern.

So actually I kind of take back my inclusion of lack of claiming as a reason for suspecting llama and speedchuck as I don't think it really means anything (except perhaps the fact that it has been highly encouraged and they haven't gone along with it). But I still find them both suspicious based on their sorsha votes.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

G-Man wrote:
speedchuck wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
speedchuck wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Put my vote on llama for now. I'll change it later if saving myself is a possibility.

Okay then.
From your comment about spitting up sand, my thoughts are you could be Paulo or Vincent. I don't recall anyone else being around sand to the point it was in their mouth.

Lol, nice.

If he's Paulo and Quin is Nikki it feels somehow fitting that both of those characters were given to players who haven't watched the show :p Filthy redshirts XD
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

nutella wrote:
G-Man wrote:
speedchuck wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
speedchuck wrote:

Okay then.

Lol, nice.

If he's Paulo and Quin is Nikki it feels somehow fitting that both of those characters were given to players who haven't watched the show :p Filthy redshirts XD
For me, if both Nikki and Paulo are both roles in this game, my tinfoil hat leads me to automatically assume one of them is bad and just a cover identity.

Wearing expensive clothes...
My Banners:
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 24

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Who would you prefer I vote for, SVS?
At this point, I don't particularly know, the votes for Sorsha are the only thing to stand out to me so far. Who do you think I should vote for?

I just really dislike it when people put others in a lynchable position for lulz. Probably an artifact of when we did not have changeable votes.
I would never dream of telling you who to vote for, but DFaraday is almost certainly bad if you care about such things.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

nutella wrote: Also, have you hinted at your role at all? Even if you haven't watched the show you should be able to find a quote or something from your character (just the superficial information Quin found about his character was enough for us fans to deduce who it is). I may have missed something though.
I would prefer not to. I have no idea what Lost is except I gather it's an obscure Australian TV show.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 114

Post by speedchuck »

I'm Sun Kwon. None of my posts have anything to do with that, I don't think.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 116

Post by Quin »

mfw your completely bullshit vote becomes the leading wagon

voting speedchuck

#ties
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Feel free to fill in the rest if you have any guesses or are willing to share:
DFaraday = JOHN LOCKE
Dom = ???
Epignosis = ???
G-Man = CHARLIE PACE
insertnamehere = JULIET BURKE
notsawyer540 = KATE AUSTEN
nutella = JIN-SOO KWON
Quin = NIKKI FERNANDEZ
S~V~S = CLAIRE LITTLETON
Sorsha = HUGO "HURLEY" REYES
Spacedaisy = ???
Speedchuck = SUN-HWA KWON
thellama73 = ???
You all... You all...
My Banners:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Quin wrote:mfw your completely bullshit vote becomes the leading wagon

voting speedchuck

#ties
I was hoping my vote on SVS would do that, but alas. You picked the winning horse.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Gman, might you think the same of Sun and Jin? It was the case in season 1 (Sun was an impostor and Jin was civ). I know Jin is civ this time too (repeat role draw woohoo!) but the question is whether Golden would repeat an impostor. :shrug2:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Fabulous vote spread so far. Now, if three of the remaining four can all place their votes on a fourth option and the last voter throws one on someone for a single vote, that would be ideal.

You all... You all...
My Banners:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote:Gman, might you think the same of Sun and Jin? It was the case in season 1 (Sun was an impostor and Jin was civ). I know Jin is civ this time too (repeat role draw woohoo!) but the question is whether Golden would repeat an impostor. :shrug2:
I doubt it. That would be too much correlation.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

nutella wrote:Gman, might you think the same of Sun and Jin? It was the case in season 1 (Sun was an impostor and Jin was civ). I know Jin is civ this time too (repeat role draw woohoo!) but the question is whether Golden would repeat an impostor. :shrug2:
For what it's worth, I correctly deduced that Michael was rife with potential for being a civvie-seeming role that could turn bad in Season 2. As far as repeat cover roles, I'd have to go back and look at who was in the previous games and what the cover roles were. Golden the Coward ;) said in Season 2 that he randomized the Losties that ended up being cover roles. Once I know what all roles people are claiming, then I can let my tinfoil hat do some talking.
My Banners:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Also @llama at this point I assume you're trolling but Lost is neither Australian nor obscure, lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Sorsha »

G-Man wrote:Fabulous vote spread so far. Now, if three of the remaining four can all place their votes on a fourth option and the last voter throws one on someone for a single vote, that would be ideal.

You all... You all...
How is this ideal?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Those who have their vote placed on me:

Is it because you don't like what my actions have been? Or because you think they come from a scummy place. Do explain. ;)
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Sorsha wrote:
G-Man wrote:Fabulous vote spread so far. Now, if three of the remaining four can all place their votes on a fourth option and the last voter throws one on someone for a single vote, that would be ideal.

You all... You all...
How is this ideal?
Forcing a tie might be a revelatory event. What happens if there is a tie? The rules don't say anything about it. I think it'll do us a jolly lot of good to find out.
My Banners:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 82

Post by S~V~S »

speedchuck wrote:Those who have their vote placed on me:

Is it because you don't like what my actions have been? Or because you think they come from a scummy place. Do explain. ;)
Personally, I think Llama looks scummier than you. He was the first to put a second vote on someone for a silly reason. I can't imagine someone being bad and piling a third silly vote on someone. That is why I voted for him, not you. But I have seen very bold baddies do very bold things to fall back on the wifom.

Are you a bold baddie?

Do you honestly think Sorsha is bad? If not do you plan to move your vote?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

From my perspective, this whole bloody game is full of people I don't trust. If it weren't Day 1, I'd be going bonkers with paranoia right about now.
My Banners:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

nutella wrote:Also @llama at this point I assume you're trolling but Lost is neither Australian nor obscure, lol
Well, no one will answer my questions about it so :shrug:

DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by DFaraday »

nutella wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Quin is the only one in this game talking any sense, so I am following his vote on Sorsha.
Huh? Why? He literally said there was no reasoning behind that vote. Why follow it? I think Quin is civ, but that doesn't mean I'll blindly follow his vote. Do you have reasons to suspect Sorsha? I don't. :shrug2: But I have reason to suspect you.

*vote llama*

Also, have you hinted at your role at all? Even if you haven't watched the show you should be able to find a quote or something from your character (just the superficial information Quin found about his character was enough for us fans to deduce who it is). I may have missed something though.

On another note, I don't think I've ever seen DFaraday this active on a day 1, lol. Maybe it's because he's especially interested in the theme and the roleplaying/references, but it still feels unusual coming from him. But I do agree with his assessment of speedchuck's vote. I could probably just as well vote for speed since he has the same problems as llama. And his only attempt at hinting has been multiple references to the smoke monster. Not sure what's going on there. :ponder:[/quotew]
The Island has revitalized me. It can work wonders for all of us. Also I am trying to mix up my game so that people can't pin me down to meta.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by DFaraday »

thellama73 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
At this point, I don't particularly know, the votes for Sorsha are the only thing to stand out to me so far. Who do you think I should vote for?

I just really dislike it when people put others in a lynchable position for lulz. Probably an artifact of when we did not have changeable votes.
I would never dream of telling you who to vote for, but DFaraday is almost certainly bad if you care about such things.
How's that? You call my vote opportunistic, but is it any more so than following a literally meaningless vote? That allows you to avoid any discussion or culpability by framing your vote as meaningless. Speed did the same.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DFaraday wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

How's that? You call my vote opportunistic, but is it any more so than following a literally meaningless vote? That allows you to avoid any discussion or culpability by framing your vote as meaningless. Speed did the same.
It's way worse and you know it. I will be vindicated by history.

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

thellama73 wrote:
nutella wrote:Also @llama at this point I assume you're trolling but Lost is neither Australian nor obscure, lol
Forgive me for nitpicking, but you actually have not asked any questions about the TV show Lost. Thus far, you have asked the following questions:

-What are we doing?
-Oh, I'm supposed to roleplay?
-Another shrimp on the barbie, innit?
-Why do we keep getting lost?
-What is left?
-Who would you prefer I vote for, SVS?

The only questions remotely pertaining to the theme is 'Why do we keep getting lost?' But that's not really related to the show because they didn't keep getting Lost each season. The got lost in the pilot episode and stayed lost until they made their way back to the Island. Those who returned were no longer lost because they knew where they were going.

Half a :eye: in your general direction.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

G-Man wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Forgive me for nitpicking, but you actually have not asked any questions about the TV show Lost. Thus far, you have asked the following questions:

-What are we doing?
-What is left?

The only questions remotely pertaining to the theme is 'Why do we keep getting lost?' But that's not really related to the show because they didn't keep getting Lost each season. The got lost in the pilot episode and stayed lost until they made their way back to off of the Island. Those who returned were no longer lost because they knew where they were going.

Fixed it.
My Banners:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

G-Man wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

-What are we doing?
-What is left?

The only questions remotely pertaining to the theme is 'Why do we keep getting lost?' But that's not really related to the show because they didn't keep getting Lost each season. The got lost in the pilot episode and stayed lost until they made their way back to the Island. Those who returned were no longer lost because they knew where they were going.

Check the sign up thread. I asked repeatedly in there.

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

thellama73 wrote:Check the sign up thread. I asked repeatedly in there.
Fair enough.
thellama73 wrote:What is Lost?
He's not lost. He's on second. :grin:
My Banners:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Llama~

"What is LOST?"

Google results: https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is ... 8&oe=utf-8

Took me 4 seconds :grin:

And I will take you seriously if you give real answers and stop goofing around. If you suspect Faraday, then vote for him! You don't feel even remotely sincere to me, and you put someone you don't actually seem to suspect in danger. That concerns me. Even goofing around, when you are sincere this comes through. I am not seeing it.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:Llama~

"What is LOST?"

And I will take you seriously if you give real answers and stop goofing around. If you suspect Faraday, then vote for him! You don't feel even remotely sincere to me, and you put someone you don't actually seem to suspect in danger. That concerns me. Even goofing around, when you are sincere this comes through. I am not seeing it.
I don't google things I can ask my friends about. And if I vote for Faraday now, I put my own life in peril, which I am not in the mood to do.

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

For those who really want to know a little about the first three seasons of Lost, here is a Cliffs Notes-esque video. WARNING: Here be significant spoilers.
My Banners:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:

"What is LOST?"

I don't google things I can ask my friends about. And if I vote for Faraday now, I put my own life in peril, which I am not in the mood to do.
I don't like to bother my friends with trivia, so I Google things. It takes all types to make the world go around.

So you would rather leave your vote on the person who you don't actually suspect, instead of the person you DO suspect, and who you already named as your suspect? Becasue voting for the person you actually do suspect will get you killed, whereas just naming him won't?

I know you like to be quirky and quixotic and cultivate this image, but you make no sense right now. I am Okey Dokey with my vote.

Iam taking another hit of Nyquil and going to bed.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

"What is LOST?"

I don't like to bother my friends with trivia, so I Google things. It takes all types to make the world go around.

So you would rather leave your vote on the person who you don't actually suspect, instead of the person you DO suspect, and who you already named as your suspect? Becasue voting for the person you actually do suspect will get you killed, whereas just naming him won't?

I know you like to be quirky and quixotic and cultivate this image, but you make no sense right now. I am Okey Dokey with my vote.

Iam taking another hit of Nyquil and going to bed.
If I move my vote and die, the game loses a civilian. If I keep my vote where it is, I don't know what the game will lose, but it might be a baddie. Math is easy and fun.

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Frustration is setting in. I haven't felt this twitchy since I kicked heroin. Four players haven't voted yet and they are all among the bottom five in post count. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them is a baddie, mates.

Dom, INH, notsawyer, Daisy- guys, where are you?
My Banners:
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Spacedaisy »

Of the three leading, I am most comfortable with a llama lynch. I am at work and can't post much more.

Voting llama
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

If three other people will vote for Faraday, I will join them, since he is an obvious baddie, but I'm not willing to go down with the ship just yet.

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

S~V~S wrote:
speedchuck wrote:Those who have their vote placed on me:

Personally, I think Llama looks scummier than you. He was the first to put a second vote on someone for a silly reason. I can't imagine someone being bad and piling a third silly vote on someone. That is why I voted for him, not you. But I have seen very bold baddies do very bold things to fall back on the wifom.

Are you a bold baddie?

Do you honestly think Sorsha is bad? If not do you plan to move your vote?
Am I a bold baddie? I could give you my metaread here, but it'd sound bad coming from me.

I suspect Sorsha more than Llama, and thus am unable to move my vote ATM.

Hm.

Vote Dfaraday
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Spacedaisy wrote:Of the three leading, I am most comfortable with a llama lynch. I am at work and can't post much more.

Voting llama
In the words of our president.

WRONG

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Okay, I'll move my vote to DFaraday. That way when I die and flip Civ, SVS can be proud of me instead of saying mean things about me.

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

For the record, it's good to agitate people D1 IMO. Easier for everyone to get reads if some people are agitated.

Especially if the game is being overtaken by RP. (Not that RP is bad, but exclusive RP without scumhunting is not gonna win)
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Could we please not vote Llama?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

speedchuck wrote:Could we please not vote Llama?
Second!

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

hey what's up
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Quin wrote:hey what's up
Eyy!

Bunch of random wagons. Recommending Dfaraday.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

speedchuck wrote:
Quin wrote:hey what's up
Eyy!

Bunch of random wagons. Recommending Dfaraday.
Is that what the cool kids are doing?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Looked at DF's posts just now. That wagon isn't cool. The llama one is though.
thellama73 wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

It's way worse and you know it. I will be vindicated by history.
I don't like this part. It's a non-answer to a valid query.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Or to be more specific, it's an answer to a query that barely scrapes the barrel of what I'd expect to be made as an argument on the subject.
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Quin wrote:Looked at DF's posts just now. That wagon isn't cool. The llama one is though.
:(
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

speedchuck wrote:
Quin wrote:Looked at DF's posts just now. That wagon isn't cool. The llama one is though.
Tell me why DFaraday is a bad dude in 30 words or less.
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Quin wrote:
speedchuck wrote:
Tell me why DFaraday is a bad dude in 30 words or less.
Fewer.
My Banners:

Return to “Previous Heists”