nutella
25%
Quin
No votes
speedchuck
8%
Tranq
No votes
Boooooo you killed all the kills! (H/N/D)
67%

Total votes: 12
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 96

Re: Elemental Mafia - Day 1

Post by Golden »

It's worth remembering that this isn't Survivor. There is every probability that we end up having specific interests in taking out specific other people, or that some people are more dangerous than others. Just because Survivor was our last LMS game, my advice is not to confuse the two. This is a game where alliances are far less likely to be in people's interests, and where we can't be so sure that they will be able to be maintained behind the scenes as well.

Having said that, I won't vote Elo. I like how hard she is working for her survival right now.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 10:45 pm Current Vote Tally:

No Lynch - 7 (Elohcin, speedchuck, Glorfindel, spacedaisy, sprityo, DharmaHelper, ???)
Dom - 1 (Golden)
Golden - 1 (S~V~S)

Who is that 7th No Lynch voter?
Tis me. I think I said it, not sure if I bolded.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 121

Post by speedchuck »

Once tomorrow comes, and things happen, everything will be clearer regarding who to kill. I think.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 11:41 pm Its probably G-Man. Someone hiding behind anonymity to be a coward, anyway.

Or, maybe it's Quin. Self-admitted coward.
With every day I make your existence more and more redundant.

We should be allies.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 98

Post by Spacedaisy »

Dom wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 10:53 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 10:49 pm
Dom wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 10:42 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 5:48 pm Elo, Glorf is the nicest guy in all of mafia. This is no reason to vote for him. In fact if he is willing I will gladly align with him, because I've no question or doubt he will be a loyal in an alliance as far as he is able and perhaps even more. So what say you Glorf?
anyone else feel gross abotu this?
Why would anyone feel "gross" about it? It's true. It's sound strategy.

Frankly, people should be lynching Glorfindel simply because he is going to be loyal to whoever gets him in her pocket.
yeah like i don't trust daisy bc of it
This is LMS, there is no mafia team. So what exactly do you mean you don't trust me or actively distrust me? You have ELO, speed buck and I don't recall who else actively seeking out alliances and somehow you find what I said yucky? Open your mind a bit here Dom. I said what I said to Glorf, because I believe he is the only person in this game I could know to always be loyal.

Also Glorf has been clear he will not align with anyone, so lynching him for his loyalty is silly. He knows he will have to betray anyone he aligns with eventually and that goes against what he values, so he won't make any alliances. At least that is what I gather from what he said.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

speedchuck wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 12:13 am Once tomorrow comes, and things happen, everything will be clearer regarding who to kill. I think.
i was hoping we could all vote no lynch every day and just hang out, yno?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

so just for my own clarity, what are the phase lengths here? 48/24?
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 197

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm only voting for No Lynch because I believe it to be a trap.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Quin wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 12:24 am
speedchuck wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 12:13 am Once tomorrow comes, and things happen, everything will be clearer regarding who to kill. I think.
i was hoping we could all vote no lynch every day and just hang out, yno?
:haha:
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 12:26 am I'm only voting for No Lynch because I believe it to be a trap.
:scared:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I'm pretty in favor of lynching somebody. Like I sort of understand the sentiment behind wanting to let everyone get through one phase and combine their element, but for the sake of my own interests, it's LMS so I just want to go ahead and start eliminating other players. No lynch just drags out the process. Delays the carnage if you will. :feb:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Well where is your vote then?

Also, I don't think I declared my vote, but I did vote no lynch at least for the time being.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Also, I have a question for the hosts. In order for an element to mix, do both people have to choose each other or when we send in a player's name to combine with, do we then get the result? I guess what I'm asking is, should we be coordinating with someone to each chose each other?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Glorfindel »

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 1:39 am Also, I have a question for the hosts. In order for an element to mix, do both people have to choose each other or when we send in a player's name to combine with, do we then get the result? I guess what I'm asking is, should we be coordinating with someone to each chose each other?
You know, it's starting to scare me that you and I seem to be on the same wavelength...
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 105

Post by Tranq »

Elohcin wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 10:48 pm Linking...me either Dom. And if this lynch goes 48 hours I will vote someone. The point of the game is to lunch.
Black Rock wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 10:20 am Just a small host announcement. Day 1 is set to 48 hours because we were still waiting for people to show up. If all votes are in and everyone is fine with their final vote then we will shorten the day. All days after this will be 24 hours.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

It actually says 'isolate posts'

So when we say iso, it's meaningful!
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

nutella wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 12:49 am I'm pretty in favor of lynching somebody. Like I sort of understand the sentiment behind wanting to let everyone get through one phase and combine their element, but for the sake of my own interests, it's LMS so I just want to go ahead and start eliminating other players. No lynch just drags out the process. Delays the carnage if you will. :feb:
I agree with this. Voting No Lynch in a LMS game is like lynching a civ while playing as a civ - it doesn't help you at all. It's the opposite of what your role is trying to accomplish.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'm entirely with tranq and nutella, but also won't be voting for either of them because their ideas are so on point.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 12:23 amAlso Glorf has been clear he will not align with anyone, so lynching him for his loyalty is silly. He knows he will have to betray anyone he aligns with eventually and that goes against what he values, so he won't make any alliances. At least that is what I gather from what he said.
Glorfindel, is this a correct summary of your thought process in this game?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dom wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 10:47 pm i don't trust anyone voting no lynch
Why not? In a traditional game I would agree. But we're ALL civvies (or baddies, if you prefer to look at it that way). No Lynch protects baddies in a standard game by giving them a place to hide and not have to take a stand on anything. That would be moot here. Especially when what we appear to be taking a stand on is the relative value and sincerity of Glorfindels niceness. Theatre of the Absurd.

I get the "we win by killing everyone else, why wait to start" point, but giving us all a day to see who is actually the biggest threat based on roles after powers happen won't hurt. It also won't hurt to have a no death day one in our first game back after hiatus. We all decide this, if people want to Lynch I am cool with it, but I would rather not :shrug:

So this Daisy's post feeling "gross" and hyperbole statements like this one about not trusting anyone voting no Lynch (do you actually trust ANYONE in this game? I don't
't) are a bit much.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Since votes are changeable, i'll place one on SVS for now. Enough with this No Lynch nonsense :p
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Tranq wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 3:32 am
Spacedaisy wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 12:23 amAlso Glorf has been clear he will not align with anyone, so lynching him for his loyalty is silly. He knows he will have to betray anyone he aligns with eventually and that goes against what he values, so he won't make any alliances. At least that is what I gather from what he said.
I have to confess that I could not have expressed my attitude to this game anymore eloquently than SD did right there. I refuse to formally bind my vote into an alliance with people for whom I have a great deal of respect only to betray them later in the game.

Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Glorfindel wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 6:36 am
I have to confess that I could not have expressed my attitude to this game anymore eloquently than SD did right there. I refuse to formally bind my vote into an alliance with people for whom I have a great deal of respect only to betray them later in the game.
I understand. However, given the nature of this game, can you tell us why anyone should want to keep you alive, knowing there's no chance you would ever side with them?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Tranq wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 6:34 am Since votes are changeable, i'll place one on SVS for now. Enough with this No Lynch nonsense :p
:p

I just don't see the harm in it that Dom is implying. He's acting like it's somehow sinister. And, like Daisy, I did not like the push at Glorfindel for doing what he always does, acting in a courtly manner.

I may change it as well. My original plan was to vote for the lowest poster, but figuring out just who that is is too much work. This is sigs sole post from the game, and if it remains that way, I may change to him. I would rather vote low posters than no lynch as well. But I would rather no lynch Day One than lynch someone who is contributing for a silly, imo, reason.
sig wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 2:19 pm heeey the site is back up :)
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Tranq wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 6:45 am
I understand. However, given the nature of this game, can you tell us why anyone should want to keep you alive, knowing there's no chance you would ever side with them?
Allow me to paraphrase your question here, my friend, for clarity sake: You are asking me why a player would want to have someone around on whom they could rely to deal with them openly and honestly as opposed to someone who would openly manipulate them only to at some point in the game (with 100% certainty) betray them? Did I get that right?

Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

That's not what i asked, though you provide an answer in your response. To be clear: you are willing to share information and openly make deals with players - but not make an alliance that lasts until the end of the game?
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Elohcin »

Glorfindel wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 2:14 am
Spacedaisy wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 1:39 am Also, I have a question for the hosts. In order for an element to mix, do both people have to choose each other or when we send in a player's name to combine with, do we then get the result? I guess what I'm asking is, should we be coordinating with someone to each chose each other?
You know, it's starting to scare me that you and I seem to be on the same wavelength...
I was just about to ask this myself.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Tranq wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 3:11 am
nutella wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 12:49 am I'm pretty in favor of lynching somebody. Like I sort of understand the sentiment behind wanting to let everyone get through one phase and combine their element, but for the sake of my own interests, it's LMS so I just want to go ahead and start eliminating other players. No lynch just drags out the process. Delays the carnage if you will. :feb:
I agree with this. Voting No Lynch in a LMS game is like lynching a civ while playing as a civ - it doesn't help you at all. It's the opposite of what your role is trying to accomplish.
This is what I've been saying all along. But I was alone in it til now. I was afraid not to vote the no lunch option.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I don't think glorf was allowed to watch Barney when he was a kid. He never learned how to play pretend.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 71
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Is there a "jump to first unread post" feature these days?
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 117
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

I'm completely fine with this no lynch on day 1, since it will produce results for tomorrow without actively shutting anyone down before the fun has even begun.

Then again I'm inclined to be nice while Dom.... can be brash.
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 10

Post by G-Man »

Good morning. Here's the full player list with ISO links. I'll catch up at lunch and probably vote then. Busy night tonight.

Bass-the-Clever- Posts
DharmaHelper- Posts
Dom- Posts
DrWilgy- Posts
Elohcin- Posts
Epignosis- Posts
G-Man- Posts
Glorfindel- Posts
Golden- Posts
insertnamehere- Posts
Jackofhearts2005- Posts
nutella- Posts
Quin- Posts
S~V~S- Posts
sig- Posts
Sorsha- Posts
Spacedaisy- Posts
speedchuck- Posts
sprityo- Posts
Tranq- Posts
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

G-Man wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 11:10 am Good morning. Here's the full player list with ISO links. I'll catch up at lunch and probably vote then. Busy night tonight.
Unless you can compel a majority to move from No Lynch, it's probably a waste of time to vote. But you do you.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 9:59 am Is there a "jump to first unread post" feature these days?
Hmm, there is the little red page when you are looking at the topic, before you enter it. Once you're in it, no there doesn't appear to be one. I'll look into if we can get one set up though.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

G Man, I love you. I was going to make up a post count list after work, thanks for saving me the effort you crazed accountant you.

I am going to move my vote to sig for now, best case scenario is taking out a low poster, but as I said, on Day One I would rather no lynch than lynch someone who is participating. If sig shows up, I will reevaluate.

*VOTING SIG*
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I can respect that approach SVS. But I still prefer no lynch for Day 1, even if it's counter to the LMS win we are searching for. I doubt I will win, so I'm going to have as much fun with you all that I can before I'm out.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

G-Man wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 11:10 am Good morning. Here's the full player list with ISO links. I'll catch up at lunch and probably vote then. Busy night tonight.
Thanks G!
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Time for your boy to do a little light reading and catch up I guess.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Tranq wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 3:11 am
Such are the thoughts of a foolish man.

Allow me to enlighten you my dude:

The goal of the game isn't "murder everyone" It's "Don't get murdered"

Therefore, and without question, the soundest initial strategy is peace in our time. If no one is lynched, everyone has an opportunity to mesh with at least one element, and more importantly, get some information as to with whom they would or would not prefer to mesh elements, team up, etc.

Mindlessly lynching, on Day 1, places the individual at a disadvantage. For one, there is no guarantee that the person getting lynched won't be you. For another, you may find you lynched an element that would have been mission critical to your success.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Just under ten hours left to get your player choice in for Elemental combining tonight.

I believe someone asked if both Elements have to choose each other: No! You choose any player, and you will draw upon their Element without them knowing it was you.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

What better way to "don't get murdered" than lynching someone who may end up murdering you?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Tranq wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 1:35 pm What better way to "don't get murdered" than lynching someone who may end up murdering you?
I can think of at least one.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Well, good for you :p
speedchuck wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 11:13 am
Unless you can compel a majority to move from No Lynch, it's probably a waste of time to vote. But you do you.
Let's try it. As i said, i'd rather lynch someone than no one. I'll switch my vote from SVS to Sig, going with the low poster angle. This game started on saturday and it is now tuesday. Only 1 post. A good enough reason to vote for anyone in any game.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Current Vote Tally:

No Lynch - 7 (Elohcin, speedchuck, Glorfindel, spacedaisy, sprityo, DharmaHelper, Bass_the_Clever, Quin) <--(one of these is not voting No Lynch)
sig - 2 (S~V~S, Tranq)
Dom - 1 (Golden)
Golden - 1 (???)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

A vote for sig wouldn't bother me, if he ended up getting enough votes. But I'm not moving my vote onto him just yet. It would be a miscalculation to make an enemy so soon without assuring he'd be lynched.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 80

Post by DrWilgy »

I'm down for lynching Sig or a no lyncher.

VOTE SIG
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I'm going SIG. Gonna make this interesting.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Switched to Sig so it's a tie now.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Switching to SIG too. I always would have rather votes someone than no one.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Current Vote Tally:

sig - 6 (S~V~S, Tranq, speedchuck, DrWilgy, DharmaHelper, Elohcin)
No Lynch - 4 (Glorfindel, spacedaisy, sprityo, Bass_the_Clever, Quin) <--(one of these is not voting No Lynch)
Dom - 1 (Golden)
Golden - 1 (???)
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Sorsha »

I'll vote for sig I need him dead to win so he's as good a vote as any I guess.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”