Blue Velvet Mafia {THE END}

Moderator: Community Team

What parts of the game do you feel worked?

Open BTSC + Traditional Mafia Teams
29%
Number of additional teams which slowly arose over the course of the game
21%
Night Event Polls
29%
Flavor Text in Posts/Graphics
21%
Something else {specify in post}
No votes

Total votes: 14
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Blue Velvet Mafia {DAY 0}

Post by Sloonei »

Spoiler: show
Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:14 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:27 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:26 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:23 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:14 am I'm interested in the public vote as a scum hunting mechanism.
Did you ever make something of this, Sloonei?
No.
Could you?

So... what does it mean to vote someone for protection? You think they're Civ? You just want them to make it further?

DharmaHelper and speedchuck voted for nutella to be protected last night. Contrast that to Sloonei's instant vote on nutella today. I'd like to hear you gentlemen talk that out a little.

G-Man and Long Con both voted DH for protection. I gave my reason, but I haven't looked back to remind myself of G-Man's. I want vote-order to be part of our polls again as well. I'd like to easily be able to see who voted for someone when it was clear S~V~S was winning, if that happened. You know, that kind of thing.

Sprityo self-voted. Kind of tragic.

Timmer, Spacedaisy, and Epignosis voted S~V~S, and Epi cast the "deciding" vote. Given that I think Epi is bad, I would say that makes S~V~S look a little better, because I don't see why a baddie would vote to protect a teammate in this situation. The situation being that baddies don't need protecting because they're the ones killing.

S~V~S, nutella, Llama, Rico, Sloonei all voted one-offs.

Ok, Sloonei, I have tried to set the stage for using this as a scum-hunting mechanism. Perhaps some of your ideas on that front will be easier to process no?
@Long Con, why do you think a baddie would be unlikely to vote for a teammate in the protection poll? If they're the ones performing the kill, it does not matter one way or the other who they vote to protect. They could theoretically choose to protect a teammate. There is very little risk with the potential for a reward (a town vigilante, perhaps, could attempt to fire on said teammate).

My thought process on this vote is that scum would generally be less careful with their votes. They know who they are killing, so it does not matter who they vote for. Players who gave no reason or frivolous reasons would be worth looking at. I know I gave no reason. I was away on sick person business for most of the night and realized about 15 minutes peior to the deadline that I had not cast a vote yet. Epi dies early in a lot of games and I had a slight inclination to town read him, so he was my first instinct. My vote didn't seem to matter much anyway.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Blue Velvet Mafia {DAY 2}

Post by Sloonei »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:58 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:54 am I still don't share the furstration or whatever you want to call it surrounding Rico, but I come from a place that was more comfortable with roleplaying and gimmicky behavior than the Syndicate historically is.
There is content in his posts. Not as much as there could be, but it's there. And we can bring more of it out of him, I think. My gut instinct is to always read players as town when they do things like this, because everyone else's gut instinct is to read them as scum. I don't think it's something players "hide behind". Posting gimmicks scream for attention.
Really, because a majority of the content behind his Poppy posts have been No U's.

I suppose I'll dig into his posts later and look to see who he suspects and why, but for now I'm comfy with my vote.
I give those No U's a bit more weight in circumstances like these. Rico is presenting himself as the lowest hanging fruit. Players who go after him are going after the easiest target. There's room for suspicion there.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 374

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm in the process of re-reading folks and I tried to make a big post about it but I just don't have the gas. Cliff Notes so far:

I think Dyslexicon might be an indie

I think G-Man might be mafia.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 55

Post by S~V~S »

Sloonei, you appear to be applying generic Mafia thoughts rather than specific thoughts regarding this game in particular. You come in, critique other peoples thoughts, but don't really add your own. In a night protection poll, baddies could and would use this to kiss up to people. Or to make a point, as I did, that I would like G Man to live another day so he could make some G Man type posts. *hint hint*. If I recall, your home site did nto do night polls. At times night polls are pointless, but in general, we take them fairly seriously, and use them strategically becasue we know they will be picked apart.

Re Rico, look at his last post; Rico is presuming that anyone voting for him is a wolf. He's phoning it in. It does not make him bad, but it does make him a distraction, which the baddies most likely love.

Role play can be charming and funny, but this is unrelated to the theme, and multiple people have asked him to stop it. He appears to be hiding behind it.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I never said anything about the night poll not being taken seriously. I was attempting to analyze it, to get other people talking about it.

You're right that my thoughts are more Mafia 101 than game-specific. I'd say that's a product of me being sick and busy, and having only one foot in this game. I see it going on and want to take part, but I've been unable to commit fully to it.

I should take a step back from the Rico defense. I just think the aggression against him has been overzealous. People have been hounding him from the start, and I don't think that's fair. But, like I said earlier, he's not providing as much content as he could, and if that continues then he'll become more suspicious to me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 103

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:41 pm I should take a step back from the Rico defense. I just think the aggression against him has been overzealous. People have been hounding him from the start, and I don't think that's fair. But, like I said earlier, he's not providing as much content as he could, and if that continues then he'll become more suspicious to me.
See, that's the difference. To me, and to others apparently, it HAS continued. I mean, nobody even complained about my dog shtick, and I quit doing it anyway because it was getting in the way of actual thoughts and comments that I couldn't rationalize in dog gifs and weird speech. And then would anybody reeeaaally waste a day lynching somebody just because they are annoying? Of course not, so it becomes a place to hide.

I can tell you that I felt pretty safe doing my dog thing. But I quit to be more helpful and less self-preserve-y.

Admittedly, part of this is just irritation. But when all of your content is OMGUS hiding behind songs, and complaining about how people don't like it, that's pretty bad in of itself.

That said, I also come from another place with different culture, so I'm letting other people handle it for now.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Oh I see Ricochet has voted for me.

What's that about low hanging fruit? Seems much easier to do a silly gimmick and then vote for people who think your gimmick is silly and you should turn your focus more on actual hunting.

ImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 32

Post by G-Man »

Hamstrung. That's they best way to describe myself right now. I've lacked the necessary focus to make many tone reads and the votes are logged in overall vote order, rather than in the order people voted for each option (Long Con voted for DH's protection before I did yet my name shows up before his). Because of this (and the lack of alignment reveal), I can't take my vote analysis to the usual wonky level that I do.

I promise to try harder (keep in mind that it's Father's Day weekend) but I'll understand if you lose patience and lynch me.

@Rico...
Ricochet wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 am P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y That's me!

Who's gonna protect meeee
Now that I lost dad-dyyyy
Who will my saviour beeee
Why won't you love me?
Are you denying that this post was a roleclaim? Or are you now declaring it a fake claim? Either way, go to your room, young lady. You're grounded.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'd feel worse about my Rico vote if their response to my suspicion wasn't completely devoid of any actual substance and if they had spent at least one post showing who they're actually suspicious of.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

G-Man wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:18 pm Hamstrung. That's they best way to describe myself right now. I've lacked the necessary focus to make many tone reads and the votes are logged in overall vote order, rather than in the order people voted for each option (Long Con voted for DH's protection before I did yet my name shows up before his). Because of this (and the lack of alignment reveal), I can't take my vote analysis to the usual wonky level that I do.

I promise to try harder (keep in mind that it's Father's Day weekend) but I'll understand if you lose patience and lynch me.

@Rico...
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y That's me!

Why won't you love me?
Are you denying that this post was a roleclaim? Or are you now declaring it a fake claim? Either way, go to your room, young lady. You're grounded.
I have to go do some stuff but later I'll probably be making a post about why I think you could be mafia if you want something to respond to.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:24 pm I'd feel worse about my Rico vote if their response to my suspicion wasn't completely devoid of any actual substance and if they had spent at least one post showing who they're actually suspicious of.
You voted for nutella yesterday. Has your opinion on her changed?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:37 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:24 pm I'd feel worse about my Rico vote if their response to my suspicion wasn't completely devoid of any actual substance and if they had spent at least one post showing who they're actually suspicious of.
Kinda.

ImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:25 pm
I have to go do some stuff but later I'll probably be making a post about why I think you could be mafia if you want something to respond to.
Have at it, good sir. Responding to concrete suspicions against me rather than me speed-reading and fumbling around for tone reads will probably give me a better foothold on the game. Just don't expect a super-prompt replay. Kid 1 has been begging me to go out for ice cream all week. Now that Kid 2 isn't throwing up every 90 minutes, tonight may well be the night.

Can someone lay out the Nutella suspicion for me or at least point to the post where she looks like a bad egg? Somehow I glossed right over that and I haven't had time to go looking back for it.
My Banners:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:43 pm
Kinda.
Care to elaborate?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:47 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:43 pm
Kinda.
Care to elaborate?
It was the best I could do for Day 1, which I usually try to do, but since then I've been considering more cases. I don't dismiss her outright but I'm not as focused on my Day 1 mindset.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

@G-Man and anyone else interested in my G-Man suspicions, here ya go:

Initially nothing pinged me too badly about G-Mans posts but when they did start to ping me, woo boy, I got the vapors.
Right now I see a bunch of people jawing at each other. Rather than break out my own jump-to-conclusions mat, I'll vote for the game's only no-show. I may or may not keep it there.
Easy vote not likely to result in much blowback ^ Very blendy, low profile decision. I assume he meant Spacedaisy. He did end up moving his vote but the fucking website is a troll and polls are DaVinci Code level impossible to monitor (which is why I try to accompany my votes with Timestamped posts, even when I change votes)

Here and Here and Here we have G-Man expressing distrust/suspicion of Dyslexicon.

Yet Here we have G-Man admitting to having voted for Llama for at least a while. Llama, whom Dyslexicon suggested we bus. Not apparently due to any suspicion, but because it would cause 'drama'.

I dunno, when people vote contrary to their apparent suspicions it makes me wonder.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Oh I see G-Mans final vote ended up on Dyslexicon.

Which is why I hate the polls.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Ricochet »

P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y That's me!

Why keep wond'ring whyyy
I am still so shyyy
When none PM'd meee
Even for mutiny

I may not have flaaame
But I'm still the saaame
Civvie is my faaame
Wolfies are so lame

G-Man wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:18 pm
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y That's me!

Why won't you love me?
Oh my heck, oh gaaasp
Your claim, did not graaasp
Nonetheless, mom-meeee
Please let me be freee
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by timmer »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:18 pm @G-Man and anyone else interested in my G-Man suspicions, here ya go:

Initially nothing pinged me too badly about G-Mans posts but when they did start to ping me, woo boy, I got the vapors.
Right now I see a bunch of people jawing at each other. Rather than break out my own jump-to-conclusions mat, I'll vote for the game's only no-show. I may or may not keep it there.
Easy vote not likely to result in much blowback ^ Very blendy, low profile decision. I assume he meant Spacedaisy. He did end up moving his vote but the fucking website is a troll and polls are DaVinci Code level impossible to monitor (which is why I try to accompany my votes with Timestamped posts, even when I change votes)

Here and Here and Here we have G-Man expressing distrust/suspicion of Dyslexicon.

Yet Here we have G-Man admitting to having voted for Llama for at least a while. Llama, whom Dyslexicon suggested we bus. Not apparently due to any suspicion, but because it would cause 'drama'.

I dunno, when people vote contrary to their apparent suspicions it makes me wonder.
Excellent thoughts! I'm a bit tied up today so I won't be providing much content, but I like this.
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

timmer wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:24 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:18 pm @G-Man and anyone else interested in my G-Man suspicions, here ya go:

Excellent thoughts! I'm a bit tied up today so I won't be providing much content, but I like this.
Editors note it is slightly diminished because, in reading G-Man's posts he never explicitly stated a vote for Dyslexicon but in consulting the poll screenshot he apparently made that vote at some point. But I still smell something funky there.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ricochet wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:23 pm P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y That's me!

Why keep wond'ring whyyy
I am still so shyyy
When none PM'd meee
Even for mutiny

I may not have flaaame
But I'm still the saaame
Civvie is my faaame
Wolfies are so lame

G-Man wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:18 pm
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y That's me!

Why won't you love me?
Oh my heck, oh gaaasp
Your claim, did not graaasp
Nonetheless, mom-meeee
Please let me be freee

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Rico - Any thoughts at all? I'd like to understand who you suspect/who you trust.

Apart from the people who would rather you not hide behind whatever it is poppy is.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Also you donk, nobody would PM you for Mutiny. You have to PM INH.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:47 pm Also you donk, nobody would PM you for Mutiny. You have to PM INH.
:srsnod: Ya man.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:32 pm Rico - Any thoughts at all? I'd like to understand who you suspect/who you trust.
All you have to do is follow these steps... Say:

P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y That's me!
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Mkay see thats what I get for giving Rico a chance.

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Ricochet wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:03 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:32 pm Rico - Any thoughts at all? I'd like to understand who you suspect/who you trust.

P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y That's me!
Instructions unclear. Vote stuck in Ricochet.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y That's me!
Here we go folks. It's worth a shot:

P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y That's me!
My Banners:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Fuck it fam

P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y That's me!

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Not doin it

no
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:33 pm Not doin it

no
Ditto.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

G-Man wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:17 pm

P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y That's me!
Here we go folks. It's worth a shot:

P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y That's me!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y That's me!

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:24 pm Fuck it fam

P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y That's me!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y That's me!

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DID NOT HELP
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Mkay kill Rico.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:01 pm Mkay kill Rico.
And Sloonei earns a ping for defending Rico's shenanigans.

ImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

How disappointing, yet predictable. :wall:
My Banners:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:03 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:01 pm Mkay kill Rico.
And Sloonei earns a ping for defending Rico's shenanigans.
Actually, I was thinking about that. It could equally apply to anyone defending anyone, but the fact is that the baddies know who is Civ, and it's a common enough practice to defend a known Civ who is under fire.

Sloonei did justify his defense of Rico, but was it from a genuine place?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

P is for Pointless, the posts Rico makes
O is for Obtuse, the error he takes
P again for Possible, the chance that he's scum
P for Pretending, as Rico plays dumb
And for the last letter, yes I'll make the call
Stands for his jury, yes: Y stands for Y'all
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y That's me!

Oh wow, two new frieeends
Quite the gentle-meeen's
Calling me to seeee
If for date I'm free

BUT POPPY! THE OTHERS SEEM SO CONTENT TO LOSE FURTHER CIV NUMBERS BY LYNCHING A CIVVIE AS PURE AS YOU... WHO ELSE BUT WOLFIES WOULD EMBRACE SUCH A MENTALITY? THEY EVEN KILLED THE ONE GUY WHO SAID HE'S THROUGH THINKING ABOUT POPPY! HOW CAN WE ENLIGHTEN THE REAL OTHER CIVS ON THIS PREDICAMENT?

P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y That's me!
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

OMGUS
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

But Poppy, why do people find me suspicious for hiding behind a joke and offering zero suspicions (excluding people who find me suspicious) even though when given the chance I offer no real defense apart from another joke that offers nothing in the way of suspicion

ImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Has anyone received a coherent/substantive/useful PM from Rico thus far? After taking the bait and posting the poppycock, I sent him a message to see if it continues in private. For me, it did. Twice.

Rico is a lazy choice but the satisfaction factor is growing stronger by the hour.
My Banners:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

My thing is this, it wouldn't be incredibly difficult to convey suspicions and produce content in the form of songs or by using quotes.

But I've seen zero of that.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 185

Re: Blue Velvet Mafia {DAY 0}

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:04 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:14 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:27 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:26 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:23 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:14 am I'm interested in the public vote as a scum hunting mechanism.
Did you ever make something of this, Sloonei?
No.
Could you?

So... what does it mean to vote someone for protection? You think they're Civ? You just want them to make it further?

DharmaHelper and speedchuck voted for nutella to be protected last night. Contrast that to Sloonei's instant vote on nutella today. I'd like to hear you gentlemen talk that out a little.

G-Man and Long Con both voted DH for protection. I gave my reason, but I haven't looked back to remind myself of G-Man's. I want vote-order to be part of our polls again as well. I'd like to easily be able to see who voted for someone when it was clear S~V~S was winning, if that happened. You know, that kind of thing.

Sprityo self-voted. Kind of tragic.

Timmer, Spacedaisy, and Epignosis voted S~V~S, and Epi cast the "deciding" vote. Given that I think Epi is bad, I would say that makes S~V~S look a little better, because I don't see why a baddie would vote to protect a teammate in this situation. The situation being that baddies don't need protecting because they're the ones killing.

S~V~S, nutella, Llama, Rico, Sloonei all voted one-offs.

Ok, Sloonei, I have tried to set the stage for using this as a scum-hunting mechanism. Perhaps some of your ideas on that front will be easier to process no?
@Long Con, why do you think a baddie would be unlikely to vote for a teammate in the protection poll? If they're the ones performing the kill, it does not matter one way or the other who they vote to protect. They could theoretically choose to protect a teammate. There is very little risk with the potential for a reward (a town vigilante, perhaps, could attempt to fire on said teammate).

My thought process on this vote is that scum would generally be less careful with their votes. They know who they are killing, so it does not matter who they vote for. Players who gave no reason or frivolous reasons would be worth looking at. I know I gave no reason. I was away on sick person business for most of the night and realized about 15 minutes peior to the deadline that I had not cast a vote yet. Epi dies early in a lot of games and I had a slight inclination to town read him, so he was my first instinct. My vote didn't seem to matter much anyway.
I didn't think of this until now, but the optimal strategy for that poll would have been to tie it up. Assuming the protection would be randomly distributed, there would have been a slim chance that the mafia kill would have dudded.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:41 pm But Poppy, why do people find me suspicious for hiding behind a joke and offering zero suspicions (excluding people who find me suspicious) even though when given the chance I offer no real defense apart from another joke that offers nothing in the way of suspicion

P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y That's me!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ricochet wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:30 pm

BUT POPPY! THE OTHERS SEEM SO CONTENT TO LOSE FURTHER CIV NUMBERS BY LYNCHING A CIVVIE AS PURE AS YOU... WHO ELSE BUT WOLFIES WOULD EMBRACE SUCH A MENTALITY? THEY EVEN KILLED THE ONE GUY WHO SAID HE'S THROUGH THINKING ABOUT POPPY! HOW CAN WE ENLIGHTEN THE REAL OTHER CIVS ON THIS PREDICAMENT?

You seem to think everyones game strategy revolves around you.

Newsflash, Poppy. It doesn't. You have my vote for now. I am doing the read back I mentioned tonight, hopefully I will get some insight, but wading through all the "POPPY POPPY POPPy" crap is giving me a hell of a headache. I want to win, but I want to have some fun too :noble:

I'm poppied out. *Voted*
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 87

Post by Dyslexicon »

I will have to replace out of this game, unfortunately. Life hit me in the face, and it wasn't pretty. I hope I'll return when things have calmed down. Have fun!
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:29 pm I will have to replace out of this game, unfortunately. Life hit me in the face, and it wasn't pretty. I hope I'll return when things have calmed down. Have fun!
:( Sorry to hear that.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Hope it works out Dizzy :hugs:

Here is the one of the worlds top ten cutest gifs to send you cheer!

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

BUT POPPY! HOW CAN THERE BE THIS MANY WOLFIES WHO HAVE OPENLY STATED THEY HAVE NO CIVILIAN MENTALITY IN PURSUING LYNCHES? HOW SHOULD THE ACTUAL CIVS HANDLE THEM?
S~V~S wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:22 pm I want to win, but I want to have some fun too :noble:
speedchuck wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:48 pm
See, that's the difference. To me, and to others apparently, it HAS continued. I mean, nobody even complained about my dog shtick, and I quit doing it anyway because it was getting in the way of actual thoughts and comments that I couldn't rationalize in dog gifs and weird speech. And then would anybody reeeaaally waste a day lynching somebody just because they are annoying? Of course not, so it becomes a place to hide.
Long Con wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:07 am If I don't see some suspicions from Poppy that are not OMGUS/No U, then I will vote to lynch. Annoying is one thing, but annoying and wilfully unproductive... that's an ear of a different flavour.
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:07 am I told myself if you started Day 2 with this gimmick I'd vote for you.

Sometimes gimmicks can be fun or funny. Sometimes they strike out.
thellama73 wrote:ALl in favor of voting to lynch the most annoying player?
thellama73 wrote:The question re: rico is, how much of a distraction is he being? I am okay with lynching sufficiently distracting players, as it improves the efficiency of future play.

P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y That's me!

Return to “Previous Heists”