Lugia (The Hosts, the Non, the Dead)
73%

Total votes: 15
Neverwhere
The Mark
Posts in topic: 57

Re: Pokemon Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Neverwhere »

Well shit, sorry to Nutella who i accidentally lynched. Got confused about what that was.

Hello! Sorry I missed day 0. I'm not really sorry, I was at a theme park.

I haven't played a game here for a good few years and I was new back then, so I think this is going to take some time to get used to again, but I am excited to be a part of this :) I recognise a few faces/usernames.
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Well shit, sorry to Nutella who i accidentally lynched. Got confused about what that was.

Hello! Sorry I missed day 0. I'm not really sorry, I was at a theme park.

I haven't played a game here for a good few years and I was new back then, so I think this is going to take some time to get used to again, but I am excited to be a part of this :) I recognise a few faces/usernames.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 38

Post by speedchuck »

Neverwhere wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:59 am Well shit, sorry to Nutella who i accidentally lynched. Got confused about what that was.
I panicked for a second, but you only voted for nutella, didn't lynch her. And I think votes are changeable in this game.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:17 am
Neverwhere wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:59 am Well shit, sorry to Nutella who i accidentally lynched. Got confused about what that was.
I panicked for a second, but you only voted for nutella, didn't lynch her. And I think votes are changeable in this game.
You're going to hate me, can you explain the votes to me again? It's amazing how much I've forgotten in 2-3 years. So what is that vote for? Will there be another vote up for the lynch?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

@Jack

1- Agreeing with the concept of coordination =/= agreeing that you unilaterally decide who we vote for and we just follow you.

2- Agreeing =/= not asking questions or considering possible problems and just saying "yes sir" the moment you propose it.

I'm not your slave. And there isn't a contract saying that the moment I agree with your original idea I have to follow everything you say without questioning.

If your definition of "scum" is "does not obey you", then go ahead. Put your vote where your mouth is and vote for me.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Neverwhere wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:20 am
You're going to hate me, can you explain the votes to me again? It's amazing how much I've forgotten in 2-3 years. So what is that vote for? Will there be another vote up for the lynch?
It is a vote for the lynch. But just a single vote.

At the deadline on the above poll, the player with the most votes will be lynched. You can change your vote at any time up till then. So it's not really something worth apologizing for. We'll all have votes on us at one point or another.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Also

3- agreeing with the plan =/= not being allowed to say it out loud when it think the plan has failed for this phase.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: Pokemon Mafia [Day 0]

Elohcin wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:03 pm
Tink wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:08 pm I will not argue about the evolution thing. I already picked. :meany:
Ditto. And I picked someone who is smart, a good thinker, and who I think is most definitely civ.

Yay Game!!!

Linki...and guess who caught the error. Me so smart.
Who is most definitely civ?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 145

Post by DrWilgy »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:24 am

At the deadline on the above poll, the player with the most votes will be lynched. You can change your vote at any time up till then. So it's not really something worth apologizing for. We'll all have votes on us at one point or another.
Speak for yourself.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:51 am
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:29 am JoH, at what point do you accept something that's half assed? What percent completion?
Can you be more specific?

Accept that it sucks? That it's good enough?
At what point do you stop caring when something is not up to your standard? Are ideal situations achievable? is a better question.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Thats what I thought it was :) Apologising because the vote was meant to be one that was pmed and I have no reason to lynch nutella as of yet, but i suppose on day 1 it's all guesswork anyway.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 67
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:32 am

Speak for yourself.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:51 am
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:29 am JoH, at what point do you accept something that's half assed? What percent completion?
Can you be more specific?

Accept that it sucks? That it's good enough?
At what point do you stop caring when something is not up to your standard? Are ideal situations achievable? is a better question.
Depends on the situation. Evaluation of doable...ness and importance are separate. Spin them together and get how much effort I am willing to put into achieving a given ideal.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:24 am @Jack

1- Agreeing with the concept of coordination =/= agreeing that you unilaterally decide who we vote for and we just follow you.

2- Agreeing =/= not asking questions or considering possible problems and just saying "yes sir" the moment you propose it.

I'm not your slave. And there isn't a contract saying that the moment I agree with your original idea I have to follow everything you say without questioning.

If your definition of "scum" is "does not obey you", then go ahead. Put your vote where your mouth is and vote for me.
How many people agreed we should coordinate our points in some way and how many disagreed with me?

How many people agreed with my specific list and how many disagreed with it?

How many of the people disagreeing with me on one of those points have I said I scumread?

How many people agreeing with me have I said I townread?

This is definitely not about disagreement. It's about inconsistency, the appearance of dishonesty.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

:shrug2:

I can't argue against your own perception. Do whatever you want.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Should we lynch Dom?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

why Dom?
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 171

Post by G-Man »

In case this is helpful...

boo- posts
DFaraday- posts
Dragon D. Luffy- posts
Dyslexicon- posts
Dom- posts
DrWilgy- posts
Elohcin- posts
Fredwood- posts
G-Man- posts
Jackofhearts2005- posts
Long Con- posts
MacDougall- posts
Neverwhere- posts
nutella- posts
speedchuck- posts
sprityo- posts
timmer- posts
Tink- posts
TonyStarkPrime- posts
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

It seems like a good idea.

Ey, Fredwood's online! What do you think, Fredwood?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

linki: Apparently, Dom hasn't posted. Nevermind. Perhaps Dyslexicon instead?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:33 pm :shrug2:

So you choose a straw man instead? :-/
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 130

Post by Fredwood »

Hey everyone, My cousin had his birthday yesterday, and I wasn't in a positing state of mind after 6 Whiskey Sours and a couple shots of vodka and a brownie sundae. Will catch up. I had got a few pages in and realized it wasn't Day 0 any longer RIP.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Oh and also, with mod color, change your forum style...that black and Green do.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Fredwood wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:39 pm Hey everyone, My cousin had his birthday yesterday, and I wasn't in a positing state of mind after 6 Whiskey Sours and a couple shots of vodka and a brownie sundae. Will catch up. I had got a few pages in and realized it wasn't Day 0 any longer RIP.
You should try posting to mafia games drunk.

I don't know if it helps but it's fun.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:38 pm

What strawman?

Youre saying I look dishonest. I can say nothing but shrug. Ive explained everything I did in this game, if you dont believe it there is nothing I can do.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

I think you're putting way too much effort into the evolution process. Early game votes are probably just going to be someone you know.

Jack being specific about his list and then kind of being a stickler about others, and asking like a bunch of, not-leading questions...not rhetorical questions per say feels pretty Jack. Trying to break the game is something Jack would do as any alignment. I feel inclined to town lean Jack cus I like him right now, just funny to me that he's already getting into lively discussions about it.

I WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE VOTING FOR DYS THIS PHASE. FIGHT ME

Town read her, only real impression of Day 0 to day 1 activity. (she posted a gif...the only reason (eye roll(triple parenthetical)))

I had good feels from Speed, I liked how he approached the voting day 0 and to this point was the only person to say who he voted for. It's interesting both from a Spew perspective, and how I would have voted Day 0. Seems causal and fun.

DDL...if just because he's having a very specific argument about very small things with Jack. They're not Thunderdoming currently so I'm inclined to keep around. I like someone that nitpicks with Jack over his nitpicks.

About the only person that had a post that bothered me was G-Man, he expressed concern over fear of giving Mafia more power (think it was something along of the lines about being non-chalant about the process), First...it was N0 how evolution votes being anything but non chalant? 2nd, By numbers our evolution vote far exceed Mafia's. Mafia will always be able to Evolve one person each phase, regardless if a town votes for them. If a townie just happens to randomly vote for scum early in the phase, it's really not going to effect them in a positive manner. Additionally losing a stray vote on a mafia isn't going to hurt the town in the grand scheme of things, just because of probability. Expressing concern about danger over evolution votes to try and stop an almost null benefit is problematic. I think I may have played with him once so don't know if it's AI yet.

If you didn't make the list congrats, I haven't had the chance to be wrong about you yet.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

One more post in a string of posts. I'm so glad the site came back and the game finally started. I liked playing here in those other two games, so good to be back, and policy lynch nut for fooling me last game (seriously not serious about being serious about that)
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Fredwood wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:17 pm (seriously not serious about being serious about that)
:ponder: :shrug:
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Im suspish about Timmer. The bit about not voting for people who asked to be voted left me a bad taste, because it's a cliche (town muat be selfless!) that tends to come up in this kind of game. And here, I'd think someone not wanting to be voted would be a sign of bad rather than otherwise, because baddies can just get votes from their team.

That and he also just disappeared until he came to say he had missed the vote, and vanished again. Hes probably legit busy irl which is NAI, but the whole combination leaves me suspicious. Imma vote for him.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

What is thunderdoming
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:06 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:38 pm

What strawman?

Youre saying I look dishonest. I can say nothing but shrug. Ive explained everything I did in this game, if you dont believe it there is nothing I can do.
"Jack thinks I am bad because I disagreed with him and won't do as he says. Townies are allowed to disagree."
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

@Fred

This is the only game I'm in. :p
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:55 pm What is thunderdoming
I take it to mean both of us going all out on the idea that the other should be lynched.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Nah. I think youre town.

And I dont think you are saying town arent allowed to disagree, but you seem to be under the impression there is a hard limit on how much Im allowed to bicker with you if I say I agree with your idea. There isnt, Ill bicker with you everytime you say something I think its wrong no matter how much Im willing to cooperate with you.

Btw, the ship of coordinating the second round of evolution votes is about to sail too, in case you haven't noticed.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:55 pm What is thunderdoming
Two men enter one man leave

WHO RUNS BARTER TOWN? WHOOOOOO RUNNNS BARTER TOWN
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:21 pm Nah. I think youre town.

And I dont think you are saying town arent allowed to disagree, but you seem to be under the impression there is a hard limit on how much Im allowed to bicker with you if I say I agree with your idea. There isnt, Ill bicker with you everytime you say something I think its wrong no matter how much Im willing to cooperate with you.

Btw, the ship of coordinating the second round of evolution votes is about to sail too, in case you haven't noticed.
I was saying I don't think the argument was Thunderdoming, looked very much like pedantic Town v pedantic Town.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

This game is too civilized. Where is Mac?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Thunderdoming.

This is my new favoritest mafia term.

Theres a metal song with that name. Imma post it later.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:27 pm Thunderdoming.

This is my new favoritest mafia term.

Theres a metal song with that name. Imma post it later.
I've seen so much thunderdoming on this site. I'm so glad I have a name for it.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I don't see a good reason for everyone to not at least say who they are giving points to.

If you don't specifically trust anyone putting forth a list enough to follow their lead, that's fine. If we can't get our act together, that's not ideal but it's understandable.

I want to hear reasons players want to hold these cards close to the vest...or cards on the table.

I'll give a point to Dizzy tonight. I think the "I don't want points" thing isn't quite accurate.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

If we are not coordinating then not saying whonwe are giving the points to might be the most optimal. Since the number of town PRs is limited.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:21 pm Nah. I think youre town.

It's more like you say "I agree.....but nobody else does" when people aren't actually saying one thing or the other or "I agree.....but I'm skeptical" without saying why or "I agree......but let's not actually coordinate."

Feels like you don't want the town to coordinate but you don't want to actually argue for that, like you want to appear to be trying to help while actually sabotaging.

This is in contrast to say, DF, who just disagrees.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

A vote list is just essentially a reads list at this point. I mean I don't think specifically having to point out who you're voting for, it's should be safely assumed if you're town you're giving a point to someone in your green range.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

If there's no way to hold people accountable for their evolution votes, then how exactly is coordinating useful to us anymore? This plan was de-fanged when Epi said we couldn't confirm evolutions.
My Banners:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

The main reason I'm not voting for DDL is because he's got so much more content than anyone else, it seems like a really stupid move if I'm town.

A handful of slight pings does not necessarily make someone scum. If everyone was equal and DDL had this many pings, I'd toss down a vote.

As is, that feels like giving free reign to anyone who just coasts. I'd rather end up with scum DDL in the late game and a fair chance to catch him than scum some quiet person that I still won't have a bead on.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

G-Man wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:55 pm If there's no way to hold people accountable for their evolution votes, then how exactly is coordinating useful to us anymore? This plan was de-fanged when Epi said we couldn't confirm evolutions.
I guess I missed this. Agreed. Oh well.

I'll try to break the next game, too. :noble:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:55 pm The main reason I'm not voting for DDL is because he's got so much more content than anyone else, it seems like a really stupid move if I'm town and he's town.

A handful of slight pings does not necessarily make someone scum. If everyone was equal and DDL had this many pings, I'd toss down a vote.

As is, that feels like giving free reign to anyone who just coasts. I'd rather end up with scum DDL in the late game and a fair chance to catch him than scum some quiet person that I still won't have a bead on.
EBWOP
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Most info lynches, then inactive. I don't really say a ton of lynches Day 1 that would give us a lot of info currently. Not many people have taken a strong stand about someone else yet.

ASIDE FROM MY READ ON DYS..FIGHT ME
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Elohcin »

I can see the reasoning behind a Timmer vote. But I'm not ready to vote him quite yet. I must have missed why neverwhere voted for nutella, though.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Elohcin wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:08 pm I can see the reasoning behind a Timmer vote. But I'm not ready to vote him quite yet. I must have missed why neverwhere voted for nutella, though.
It was an accident because he wasn't familiar with the format, been a while since he played etc, etc.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

It was said here:
Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:39 pm We are accepting votes until 8am EST tomorrow because of poor wording in one of the posts. Future evolution votes will occur during Night phases.

Evolved Pokemon will not be allowed to say they have evolved, as that falls under the no role outing / info dumping rules.
My Banners:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Coordinating is not game-breaking. Sorry Jack.

But I must disagree. Coordinating, even without confirmed results, still provides RESULTS. And that's what we want. We want evolutions to happen. We want Raichus and Venasaur and Charizard and whatever else, I haven't played pokemon.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”