73%

Total votes: 15
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Pokemon Mafia [Day 1]

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Well, I'm here and Gible. Gonna catch up soon but I saw too many votes on me for me to not immediately claim to have the cutest Pokémon on the list.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 130

Post by Fredwood »

Let me rephrase it, how strong is your read on Timmer? If it was day 4 would your read on him be lynchable?

There's 3 ways non-mechanically to evaluate people. Vote interactions, In-thread contents, and interactions with characters who have flipped.

Granted a no-poster can come in and create in thread content But we'll never get any reads on any interactions on voting and post flip interactions. Everything is cumulative, leaving us at a disadvantage for the sake of "info", the info we get from keeping them alive is less then we get for "wasting" a lynch on a person we have to deal with anyway.

Holding out hope that they'll come in an contribute when they haven't bothered to post one time to even say that they're busy and I'll be back X to catch up is naive.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Fredwood wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:22 pm Day 1 votes are the most WIFOMy lynches ever usually takes like 3 votes anyway. On top of that no posters probably haven't evolved or won't evolve.

So even if they're town, not only will they screw up EOD, we're gonna spend most of the game underpowered.

Also, DDL, your answer avoided the question. I said who, not theoretically who. Who do you wish to lynch, Boo Wilgy, Jack, or LC, and what do you think theIR flip will tell you in day 2?
I don't know that answer. Would depend on who votes to whom.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Wait, I saw a post about claiming not being allowed. So mod kill me probably :P.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Fredwood wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:23 pm Or what does a Timmer lynch flip tell you?
Will depend on how he defends himself, who defends him, who attacks him, how they attack him.

There is a whole argument that can sprinkle from a Timmer lynch since he's here to defend himself. And there are people who may have read his posts and read him as town, or want to pretend to read him as town.

With an inactive, there is no argument. We just lynch our inactive of choice, and go home peacefully.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Oops. :fist:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Among the four you listed I'd lynch LC, because the other three I feel good about right now.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Ok what's up with this load of questions? Geez.

The read is as strong as I said it was.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Is the day almost over already? Oh golly
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:00 pm I'm voting Jack for literally no reason. Sue me.
:nicenod:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

22 minutes left.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I'm voting jack for realistically no reason. Please give me $8000
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Hey guys Tony claimed it. Epi is gonna modkill him but let's not do Epi's job for him. Lynch someone else.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Would you agree that most d1 reads are flimsy at best?

I know you think there's information gleaned, I used to agree with the assessment. Most often day 1 mislynch can create frame fuel as well.

There is some to be gathered yes, but the information we lose by keeping an inactive alive outweighs it.

Then again there's always the potential that I'm spewing this to insulate myself against a Jack flip.

Frankly I am at a point of a crossroads on the inactive issue. I used to be rather against them because they teach us nothing. I've seen so many games ruined, not just because of late game mislynch possibility, but also because it just drains the fun of the game, It's hard to find out if someone is lying to you if they're not talking to you. I just think there has to be an early game happy medium between the two.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Besides he claimed what is probably the strongest pokemon in town. At least videogame-wise.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Now at least I have a good defense: don't kill me, I'm already dead.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I mean TSP could replace in since he is the first one lynched. Unless that's a no go
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Isn't cute subjective? Is that really considered claiming? Not a lot of experience with no role claim games, so it's a legit question, not a lawyering question.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Isn't cute subjective? Is that really considered claiming? Not a lot of experience with no role claim games, so it's a legit question, not a lawyering question.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 171

Post by G-Man »

I like lynch drama.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

My opinion with the inactive issue is that if they don't come by day 2 the host should just kill them all.

Epi will probably not do it, but he will probably replace them, and statistically it's not that hard to get 2 people. When he does, everything goes to normal.

Lynching them now is rushing things. Heck, it's a easy way for mafia to get a vote without having to confront anyone, which they hate. They don't even have to justify this vote.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

lol oh Gible...I had no idea that was a claim, I thought it was a typo (Gen 1 purist)
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Fredwood wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:54 pm Isn't cute subjective? Is that really considered claiming? Not a lot of experience with no role claim games, so it's a legit question, not a lawyering question.
He literally named the pokemon. It's Gible. It evolves into this cute thing:

sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

What a cutie
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:54 pm My opinion with the inactive issue is that if they don't come by day 2 the host should just kill them all.

Epi will probably not do it, but he will probably replace them, and statistically it's not that hard to get 2 people. When he does, everything goes to normal.

Lynching them now is rushing things. Heck, it's a easy way for mafia to get a vote without having to confront anyone, which they hate. They don't even have to justify this vote.
I've seen the opposite to be true, null town slots always stay around because of these built in arguments.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Fredwood wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:58 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:54 pm My opinion with the inactive issue is that if they don't come by day 2 the host should just kill them all.

I've seen the opposite to be true, null town slots always stay around because of these built in arguments.
So you're arguing Epi will just choose not to replace them?
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

I'm voting timmer to force a random lynch. Because I don't want to vote for Jack for no apparent reason.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:56 pm
Fredwood wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:54 pm Isn't cute subjective? Is that really considered claiming? Not a lot of experience with no role claim games, so it's a legit question, not a lawyering question.
He literally named the pokemon. It's Gible. It evolves into this cute thing:

... Is that things back end a second pokemon that it consumed and is in the process of giving some terrifiying birth to? Yikes.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Also another thing I've forgotten to mention: lurker lynches on d1 are incredibly rare.

People like to lynch people they actually suspect.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

@Boo

Nah it's just a shark.

Pokemon is a game for all the family.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:59 pm

I tend not to talk about mod activity, it's viewed as bad form at other places, so as a policy I try to avoid it and just depend on our ability to solve the game ourselves. But, as a mod, I know how hard it is to find a replacement.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 10

Post by timmer »

Changed my vote, sinc eI don't feel like being dead just yet.
My siggie.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Fredwood wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:01 pm

I tend not to talk about mod activity, it's viewed as bad form at other places, so as a policy I try to avoid it and just depend on our ability to solve the game ourselves. But, as a mod, I know how hard it is to find a replacement.
I am too. I've hosted 9 games.

2 replacements is doable.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

You're making replacing people sound way easier than it actually is. Especially in a speed game.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 171

Post by G-Man »

timmer wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:02 pm Changed my vote, sinc eI don't feel like being dead just yet.
I voted for you Day 0, timmer, so I'd rather not vote for you now just to tie it up. I'd hate for you to be a civvie and discover that I wasted a vote on someone who died early.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 33
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:27 pm @Fred/LC

Can you explain why that is pingy?
Sure, boo thought about the baddies stacking their votes on each other, which, in some small way, makes me think that he's looking at it from a baddie mindset.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 10

Post by timmer »

G-Man wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:05 pm
timmer wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:02 pm Changed my vote, sinc eI don't feel like being dead just yet.
I voted for you Day 0, timmer, so I'd rather not vote for you now just to tie it up. I'd hate for you to be a civvie and discover that I wasted a vote on someone who died early.
:noble:
My siggie.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:06 pm

Sure, boo thought about the baddies stacking their votes on each other, which, in some small way, makes me think that he's looking at it from a baddie mindset.

That's a terrible excuse coming from you, seeing as you do the same thing.

On top the fact that of course civs look at things from a baddie mindset. How else would they catch them?
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

It looks like I got lynched, which I guess means I'm double dead.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D DDDDDIE
Banners:
ImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

sprityo wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:11 pm IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D DDDDDIE
Inferior card game. Far inferior video game.

Better tv show though.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 67
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Feeling better about DDL.

Hate the votes for no reason.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:17 pm Feeling better about DDL.

Your reputation precedes you, Jack

*jazz hands*
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Let's see if I can put together something from this fairly straightforward day 1 during tonight.
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Can people post their votes on thread? Helps the town imo.

Also helps the mod since no time stamps on votes.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

boo wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:09 pm

On top the fact that of course civs look at things from a baddie mindset. How else would they catch them?
Your defensive OMGUS about it makes me way more suspicious of you, boo. You know what I do when I get a single, near-meaningless vote on Day 1, while others are in the lead? Nothing. I shut up about it. I realize it's not a big deal, and if it becomes a big deal, I take confidence in the fact that I could shut that weak crap down if it comes to it.

You are getting way too upset about it. And calling it a "terrible excuse" actually put you into a real suspicion for me. There is a difference between a "terrible excuse" and a "weak reason". Your use of the former is too forced. :eye:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 56

Pokemon Mafia [Polls]

Post by Epignosis »

Who isn't the very best like no one ever was?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:10 pmPlease note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.

boo
6%

Voters: Long Con

DFaraday
No votes

Voters: None

Dragon D. Luffy
No votes

Dyslexicon
No votes

Dom
No votes

DrWilgy
No votes

Elohcin
No votes

Fredwood
No votes

G-Man
No votes

Jackofhearts2005
17%

Voters: sprityo, Dyslexicon, G-Man

Long Con
6%

Voters: boo

MacDougall
6%

Voters: Jackofhearts2005

Neverwhere
No votes

nutella
6%

Voters: Neverwhere

speedchuck
No votes

sprityo
No votes

timmer
17%

Voters: Fredwood, Dragon D. Luffy, TonyStarkPrime

Tink
No votes

TonyStarkPrime
22%

Voters: Elohcin, DFaraday, timmer, Tink

Ash (The Hosts, the Non, the Dead)
22%

Voters: JaggedJimmyJay, nijuukyugou, Epignosis, Simon

Total votes: 18
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

sprityo wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:18 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:17 pm Feeling better about DDL.

Your reputation precedes you, Jack

*jazz hands*
Sprityo, I just want to be the very best, like no one ever was.

Is that such a crime?
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:21 pm
boo wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:09 pm

Your defensive OMGUS about it makes me way more suspicious of you, boo. You know what I do when I get a single, near-meaningless vote on Day 1, while others are in the lead? Nothing. I shut up about it. I realize it's not a big deal, and if it becomes a big deal, I take confidence in the fact that I could shut that weak crap down if it comes to it.

You are getting way too upset about it. And calling it a "terrible excuse" actually put you into a real suspicion for me. There is a difference between a "terrible excuse" and a "weak reason". Your use of the former is too forced. :eye:
There was a question you ignored. It wasn't rhetorical.

It isn't a weak reason, it is a terrible excuse. A weak reason isn't hypocritical, a terrible excuse is. What you did is hypocritical, and therefore labelling it a weak excuse would be dishonest.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

If you wanna call me a hypocrite, then I want you to back it up with an example.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”