73%

Total votes: 15
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 33
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Pokemon Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Long Con »

boo wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:28 pmOn top the fact that of course civs look at things from a baddie mindset. How else would they catch them?
It's up to the reader to decide if they think it's a Civ putting their mind into a baddie frame, or a baddie thinking like a baddie.
Simon
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Simon »

Gotta Get a Gible Rulebreaker
The votes are in!

Latest News: TonyStarkPrime has broken a rule! He told who he was! He must be confused!

It doesn't matter though, because he got the most votes.
TonyStarkPrime is unable to battle!

He was Gible!

It is now Night 1. You have 23 hours to submit your PMs.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Do we vote a new evolve-points recipient now/tonight?
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:31 pm
boo wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:28 pmOn top the fact that of course civs look at things from a baddie mindset. How else would they catch them?
It's up to the reader to decide if they think it's a Civ putting their mind into a baddie frame, or a baddie thinking like a baddie.
Yes it is. This is also your example, because saying that supports my calling you a hypocrite when you voted for me because:
Long Con wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:06 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:27 pm @Fred/LC

Can you explain why that is pingy?
Sure, boo thought about the baddies stacking their votes on each other, which, in some small way, makes me think that he's looking at it from a baddie mindset.
Banners
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 145

Post by DrWilgy »

Shit. I was busy shopping.

I was hankering on voting DF or Timmer. Womp womp.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Damn, I missed it. Sorry. Got caught up in a few errands and forgot to pop back on.

I agree with LC's suspicion of Boo. I think it's very likely Boo asked that question from a baddie perspective, and his defense about "civ thinking from a baddie mindset" is weeeeaaak. Occam's razor tells me Boo is mafia.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 56

Re: Pokemon Mafia [Polls]

Post by Epignosis »

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

nutella wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:04 pm Damn, I missed it. Sorry. Got caught up in a few errands and forgot to pop back on.

I agree with LC's suspicion of Boo. I think it's very likely Boo asked that question from a baddie perspective, and his defense about "civ thinking from a baddie mindset" is weeeeaaak. Occam's razor tells me Boo is mafia.
I feel like I'm naturally inclined to disagree with this im concept, but quote me exactly what you're talking about and I'll see
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I like starting at "everyone is innocent until proven guilty"as opposed to the "everyone is guilty until proven innocent" that many others view
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

When I say many others, I refer more to my past experience and not in the current
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

All evolution points and PMs are due by 7:33pm EST tomorrow. No exceptions.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

boo wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:47 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:31 pm
Yes it is. This is also your example, because saying that supports my calling you a hypocrite when you voted for me because:
Long Con wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:06 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:27 pm @Fred/LC

Can you explain why that is pingy?
Sure, boo thought about the baddies stacking their votes on each other, which, in some small way, makes me think that he's looking at it from a baddie mindset.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:27 pm All evolution points and PMs are due by 7:33pm EST tomorrow. No exceptions.
Yo speed, evo-point me up again. Reciprocation is already complete.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 38

Re: Pokemon Mafia [Night 1]

Post by speedchuck »

Aye, capn
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 67
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

I don't necessarily think Boo is bad based on that one post an excuse. Could go either way (real excuse or fake) and I don't know Boo well. I could go for a Boo lynch in general or maybe a Timmer one.

I think LC is town. I think Speed is town, probably. Good feelings from Nut and Doc but only feelings, which can't be trusted. Can't place Fred yet.

I think GMan and Dizzy voting for me hurts them in my book. Still townread Dizzy cause I really liked their plan as town indicative. Sprityo gets a pass for voting for me, though I think it's a bad idea.

Really bothered by the idea that three people voted me for unstated reasons. Like watching your goalie sitting down and playing with grass while the team is on offense. Sure, it might not have any bad results in terms of final score but you just gotta wonder what's going on back there.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Ebwop:

anD excuse.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

sprityo wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:14 pm I like starting at "everyone is innocent until proven guilty"as opposed to the "everyone is guilty until proven innocent" that many others view
In general, I start with the former as well. It's just that in this case, with Boo having asked about repeat targeting for evo votes, I think it is more likely that he is bad and was asking because he wants to evolve a teammate. It makes less sense for a civilian to want to repeat target evo votes, at least at the beginning of the game when we're not sure who's good -- it's better to spread them around among the people we think we trust. :shrug2:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

nutella wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:02 pm
sprityo wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:14 pm I like starting at "everyone is innocent until proven guilty"as opposed to the "everyone is guilty until proven innocent" that many others view
In general, I start with the former as well. It's just that in this case, with Boo having asked about repeat targeting for evo votes, I think it is more likely that he is bad and was asking because he wants to evolve a teammate. It makes less sense for a civilian to want to repeat target evo votes, at least at the beginning of the game when we're not sure who's good -- it's better to spread them around among the people we think we trust. :shrug2:
Except for the part where that isn't at all what I said... I said the baddies would repeatedly target their teammates.

You are however basing your suspicion of me on the fact that you incorrectly think you agree with LC, when in fact it is LC who has already done exactly what it is you are incorrectly accusing me having only suggested, as speed voted for him D0, and he voted for speed, and then (ignoring the fact that I asked and episode answered, saying that you cannot double target an evo vote) they agreed to vote for each other again.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Ebwop: epi. Shut up autocorrect.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

boo wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:29 pm
Except for the part where that isn't at all what I said... I said the baddies would repeatedly target their teammates.

You are however basing your suspicion of me on the fact that you incorrectly think you agree with LC, when in fact it is LC who has already done exactly what it is you are incorrectly accusing me having only suggested, as speed voted for him D0, and he voted for speed, and then (ignoring the fact that I asked and episode answered, saying that you cannot double target an evo vote) they agreed to vote for each other again.
Oh, you can't? I missed the answer, I guess they'll let us know if our evo vote targets are not valid due to that rule.

That said... do you seriously think we would publicize our votes if we were baddies together? Why on earth would the baddies do that?? The votes are private, man! The baddies are boosting each other in secret!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I don't know why nobody familiarizes themselves with the rules. Read them. If you can't read rules, you shouldn't be playing Mafia.

No double targeting. That goes for evolution points.

No role outing. That includes saying if you evolved or not.

No sending PMs after the deadline. They won't count.

No autocorrecting my name. That's a paddlin.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:35 pm
boo wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:29 pm

Oh, you can't? I missed the answer, I guess they'll let us know if our evo vote targets are not valid due to that rule.

That said... do you seriously think we would publicize our votes if we were baddies together? Why on earth would the baddies do that?? The votes are private, man! The baddies are boosting each other in secret!
Where did I say I think speed is bad? I went over your actions, and his. It's LAs logic that would speed bad along with you, not mine.

Yes, the baddies are boosting each other on secret. My pointing that out is why you voted for me...
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:38 pm If you can't read rules, you shouldn't be playing Mafia.

That is far from clear in the rules.

Who wants to be the third party who is participating in what I hope is an ongoing mutual assistance program that speed and I are members of? If speed agrees, you will qualify for two evolution points tonight. You just have to reciprocate.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:46 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:38 pm If you can't read rules, you shouldn't be playing Mafia.

Who wants to be the third party who is participating in what I hope is an ongoing mutual assistance program that speed and I are members of? If speed agrees, you will qualify for two evolution points tonight. You just have to reciprocate.
Presumably not LA... :P
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:38 pm I don't know why nobody familiarizes themselves with the rules. Read them. If you can't read rules, you shouldn't be playing Mafia.

No role outing. That includes saying if you evolved or not.

No sending PMs after the deadline. They won't count.

No autocorrecting my name. That's a paddlin.

Reading is hard
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

boo wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:48 pm

Poor presuming on your part. Speed and LC are the two players I trust most at this point (despite the fact that they missed the rule).
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Neverwhere
The Mark
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Neverwhere »

I haven't got a great read on anyone yet. Still trying to familiarise myself with the users/players. Day 1 doesn't really tell you much anyway.

Pm thyme.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Neverwhere wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:42 am I haven't got a great read on anyone yet. Still trying to familiarise myself with the users/players. Day 1 doesn't really tell you much anyway.

Pm thyme.
Nobody has a great read on anyone, to be fair. Those who say they do might be fooling you. We just try our best.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Hey Gman do you still do those vote analysis thingies?
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:36 am
Neverwhere wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:42 am I haven't got a great read on anyone yet. Still trying to familiarise myself with the users/players. Day 1 doesn't really tell you much anyway.

Pm thyme.
Nobody has a great read on anyone, to be fair. Those who say they do might be fooling you. We just try our best.
Nah, everyone's grasping at straws.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 171

Post by G-Man »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:27 pm
Really bothered by the idea that three people voted me for unstated reasons.
I gave a reason for my vote.

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:37 am Hey Gman do you still do those vote analysis thingies?
That depends on whether or not the site's vote-tracking system was changed back to the old way or not. During my brief stint in Blue Velvet, we discovered that the vote order under each vote recipient wasn't necessarily the order in which those players voted for that person. Rather it kept everyone listed based on when they first voted. If someone was the first to vote, then switched it to a well-established train, they would still show up as the first voter instead of the last. Unless this has been altered, I can't do my technicolors because I don't have the time to search through the thread for vote order.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:09 amPoor presuming on your part. Speed and LC are the two players I trust most at this point (despite the fact that they missed the rule).
Cool, you just became the third Musketeer. We both choose you tonight and you alternate between us. Cool?
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Can someone remind me how many votes you get for evo each night?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

It is my understanding that you may cast one evo vote per night.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Dyslexicon »

So how long until D2? The phases are way shorter than I expected. O.o
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Pokemon Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Long Con »

We'll get a phase change each and every day, as per the rules:
Epignosis wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:42 pm
Rules
1) Day periods last 24 hours. Night periods last 23 hours.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Dyslexicon »

Oh god. Well, I'm visiting my grandparents now. Hopefully phase hasn't changed after I'm home.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:09 am

Poor presuming on your part. Speed and LC are the two players I trust most at this point (despite the fact that they missed the rule).
You're joining an ongoing voting group in this post, immediately after saying this about ongoing voting in your last post:
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:38 pm No autocorrecting my name. That's a paddlin.
Whatever you say, Eli.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:50 am
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:09 amPoor presuming on your part. Speed and LC are the two players I trust most at this point (despite the fact that they missed the rule).
Cool, you just became the third Musketeer. We both choose you tonight and you alternate between us. Cool?
In.

Hope we aren't making ourselves a group target here, but whatev. If they kill someone early, that person is likely vanilla.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

@Gman

I don't see it.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 171

Post by G-Man »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:28 am @Gman

I don't see it.
I voted just after posting this:
G-Man wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:54 pm I like lynch drama.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:50 am
Sounds good :nicenod:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

boo wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:40 am
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:09 am

You're joining an ongoing voting group in this post, immediately after saying this about ongoing voting in your last post:
I can stop voting for LC and speedchuck any time I like, if I decide I do not think they are innocent. And it's still not double targeting if I am alternating between them. You call me out as if I'm a hypocrite but I am in no way contradicting what I said, as double targeting is not allowed and therefore I'm still spreading votes around on the people I would have voted for anyway.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Going back and forth between two people is not "spreading".
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

G-Man wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:33 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:28 am @Gman

I don't see it.
I voted just after posting this:
G-Man wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:54 pm I like lynch drama.

:ponder:

I like lynching baddies.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

As I see it, (since I didn't vote for one of them on night 0) I am voting for three different people on the first three nights of the game, which is as much "spreading" as is possible up to that point. After night 2, I will re-evaluate whether I want to stay in the pact or not, and I may well vote for someone else anyway. Get off my case, I'm just playing the game.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:52 pm As I see it, (since I didn't vote for one of them on night 0) I am voting for three different people on the first three nights of the game, which is as much "spreading" as is possible up to that point. After night 2, I will re-evaluate whether I want to stay in the pact or not, and I may well vote for someone else anyway. Get off my case, I'm just playing the game.
Oh, so you're giving your word to be part of a long term plan, which by your own logic is something baddies would be looking to do, and you're already planning ahead to when you'll break it. Cool.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 145

Post by DrWilgy »

boo wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:00 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:52 pm As I see it, (since I didn't vote for one of them on night 0) I am voting for three different people on the first three nights of the game, which is as much "spreading" as is possible up to that point. After night 2, I will re-evaluate whether I want to stay in the pact or not, and I may well vote for someone else anyway. Get off my case, I'm just playing the game.
Oh, so you're giving your word to be part of a long term plan, which by your own logic is something baddies would be looking to do, and you're already planning ahead to when you'll break it. Cool.
What about you boo? Do you think baddies plan long term?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:30 pm
boo wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:00 pm
What about you boo? Do you think baddies plan long term?
Yes. Just like everyone else.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”