Posts in topic: 171

Re: Pokemon Mafia [Night 1]

Post by G-Man »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:51 pm
G-Man wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:33 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:28 am @Gman

I don't see it.
I voted just after posting this:
G-Man wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:54 pm I like lynch drama.

:ponder:

I like lynching baddies.
I'd be on baddies like white on rice if I knew who the mafia were.

Unfortunately, work is insane and I haven't had time to digest the thread in full. When in doubt, have fun! ;airguitar:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I like Boo

Not sure if he is good or bad, but I like him. He plays the way I do.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:10 pm I like Boo

Impressed by him am I as well.
My Banners:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 38

Post by speedchuck »

I missed a good chunk of yesterday's end of day. Can I get a brief on what the Timmer case was? I'm assuming there wasn't one on Jack.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I personally am not particularly impressed with Boo right now. He's twisting everything into an interpretation that fits his preconceived notion that I must be bad, and he keeps twisting beyond recognition what I have said about what I think baddie motives would do, when I have clearly explained why everything I have done makes total sense with civ motives. I was going to give my votes to Speed or LC anyway since I have been getting strong civ vibes from them; they just decided to make it into some official thing that I'm benefitting from by getting two evo points tonight. I'm happy to agree to that, because I think my role could be a pretty helpful one when it evolves. I have made no explicit promises to stay in their exchange for more than two nights, but I might if I continue to trust them. Boo has been willfully misinterpreting everything I have said on this topic.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:10 pm I personally am not particularly impressed with Boo right now. He's twisting everything into an interpretation that fits his preconceived notion that I must be bad, and he keeps twisting beyond recognition what I have said about what I think baddie motives would do, when I have clearly explained why everything I have done makes total sense with civ motives. I was going to give my votes to Speed or LC anyway since I have been getting strong civ vibes from them; they just decided to make it into some official thing that I'm benefitting from by getting two evo points tonight. I'm happy to agree to that, because I think my role could be a pretty helpful one when it evolves. I have made no explicit promises to stay in their exchange for more than two nights, but I might if I continue to trust them. Boo has been willfully misinterpreting everything I have said on this topic.
That is so me.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

speedchuck wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:17 pm I missed a good chunk of yesterday's end of day. Can I get a brief on what the Timmer case was? I'm assuming there wasn't one on Jack.
Made a weird post sort of criticizing people who asked for votes then vanished. Seems to be putting minimal effort. Probably legit busy irl but the combination above made me sus him.

Well thats why I voted not sure about others. I feel there were people riding on my bandwagon for questionable reasons.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 67
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

@DDL

What people?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

To clarify, by "people" you mean Fred and Tony?

Tony was town. Are you saying Fred's vote was questionable?
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:10 pm I personally am not particularly impressed with Boo right now. He's twisting everything into an interpretation that fits his preconceived notion that I must be bad, and he keeps twisting beyond recognition what I have said about what I think baddie motives would do, when I have clearly explained why everything I have done makes total sense with civ motives. I was going to give my votes to Speed or LC anyway since I have been getting strong civ vibes from them; they just decided to make it into some official thing that I'm benefitting from by getting two evo points tonight. I'm happy to agree to that, because I think my role could be a pretty helpful one when it evolves. I have made no explicit promises to stay in their exchange for more than two nights, but I might if I continue to trust them. Boo has been willfully misinterpreting everything I have said on this topic.
No, I've quoted you contradicting yourself multiple times. I haven't twisted anything you have said, you have said things and then taken actions that are in direct contradiction to what anyone reading what you have said should rationally expect.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:28 pm To clarify, by "people" you mean Fred and Tony?

Tony was town. Are you saying Fred's vote was questionable?
I'm just stating a feeling I have in the back of my head. I need to actually look at the votes to elaborate further than that.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

boo wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:35 pm
No, I've quoted you contradicting yourself multiple times. I haven't twisted anything you have said, you have said things and then taken actions that are in direct contradiction to what anyone reading what you have said should rationally expect.

...No, that's just simply not true.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:37 pm

Prove it.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

boo wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:58 pm

Prove it.
Burden of proof is on the accuser. Which is you.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 48

Re: Pokemon Mafia [Day 1]

Post by DFaraday »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:51 pm Shit. I was busy shopping.

I was hankering on voting DF or Timmer. Womp womp.
Why me?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:01 pm
boo wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:58 pm

Prove it.
Burden of proof is on the accuser. Which is you.
a) I have.
b) she's saying it simply isn't true. She can't prove it, because it is. She hasn't made any effort to prove that, instead her responses have been to shift her stances more and more, becoming more and more contradictory.
c) this isn't a common law court. There is no required burden of proof on anyone.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

This argument has turned stupid fast.

If neither of you want to prove anything, it is over.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Does anyone agree with boo? If so, please explain to me how planning to vote for two different people the next two nights is the same as voting for the same person two nights in a row.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Boo, I have already explained why I have not been contradictory. You are reading things into my comment about double targeting which aren't there.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

nutella wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:02 pm
sprityo wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:14 pm I like starting at "everyone is innocent until proven guilty"as opposed to the "everyone is guilty until proven innocent" that many others view
In general, I start with the former as well. It's just that in this case, with Boo having asked about repeat targeting for evo votes, I think it is more likely that he is bad and was asking because he wants to evolve a teammate. It makes less sense for a civilian to want to repeat target evo votes, at least at the beginning of the game when we're not sure who's good -- it's better to spread them around among the people we think we trust. :shrug2:
Here's the post boo is taking all of these assumptions from. "Spreading votes around among the people we think we trust" is exactly what I am doing for the next few nights. I am not piling votes on one player, because for one thing -- bear with me here as this might be hard for you to understand -- it's not allowed. If it were allowed, I suspect only baddies would do it; I don't trust anyone enough at this point to give them evo points two nights in a row. And as I have said multiple times, I don't know whether LC and Speed intended for the pact to last longer, but I personally have not committed to it for more than two nights, so if I end up targeting one of them a second time after that it would be because I strongly trusted them.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Anyway, I'm probably going to die anyway since it's public knowledge that I'm getting at least two evo votes :shrug:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:30 pm
sprityo wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:14 pm I like starting at "everyone is innocent until proven guilty"as opposed to the "everyone is guilty until proven innocent" that many others view
In general, I start with the former as well. It's just that in this case, with Boo having asked about repeat targeting for evo votes, I think it is more likely that he is bad and was asking because he wants to evolve a teammate. It makes less sense for a civilian to want to repeat target evo votes, at least at the beginning of the game when we're not sure who's good -- it's better to spread them around among the people we think we trust. :shrug2:
Here's the post boo is taking all of these assumptions from. "Spreading votes around among the people we think we trust" is exactly what I am doing for the next few nights. I am not piling votes on one player, because for one thing -- bear with me here as this might be hard for you to understand -- it's not allowed. If it were allowed, I suspect only baddies would do it; I don't trust anyone enough at this point to give them evo points two nights in a row. And as I have said multiple times, I don't know whether LC and Speed intended for the pact to last longer, but I personally have not committed to it for more than two nights, so if I end up targeting one of them a second time after that it would be because I strongly trusted them.
Votes are being spread around, but you're probably going to die because votes aren't being spread around.

Wut?
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 145

Post by DrWilgy »

I agree with you Hazlenut, and burden of proof does fall on the accuser.

Hazelnut what do you think about me right now?
DFaraday wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:01 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:51 pm Shit. I was busy shopping.

I was hankering on voting DF or Timmer. Womp womp.
Why me?
Your vote was lame. Timmer's was as well. Random voting is a plague.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

G-Man wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:14 pm

To both of you, why and how?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:33 pm Anyway, I'm probably going to die anyway since it's public knowledge that I'm getting at least two evo votes :shrug:
Sounds like a pity party, sorry Nutella.

They way you're going about dying is misleading in its own light. I mean you're saying that you're FOR SURE, 100% getting two evo points. If that's not a grab for attention, then I don't know what is. You're placing yourself on the very precarious town pedestal where if you don't die you become supa-town or highly suspicious mafia. But like you can't back your claims up with anything until you actually evolve. We don't have a way to confirm how many evo points you actually got. Or at least I assume?

What I'm getting at is stop doing that, and focus on solving the game instead of where YOU sit in it.

In reference to your suspicions however
boo wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:00 pm [quote=nutella post_id=363207 time=<a href="tel:1498585942">1498585942</a> user_id=262]
As I see it, (since I didn't vote for one of them on night 0) I am voting for three different people on the first three nights of the game, which is as much "spreading" as is possible up to that point. After night 2, I will re-evaluate whether I want to stay in the pact or not, and I may well vote for someone else anyway. Get off my case, I'm just playing the game.
Oh, so you're giving your word to be part of a long term plan, which by your own logic is something baddies would be looking to do, and you're already planning ahead to when you'll break it. Cool.
[/quote]

What boo has said here is Definitely twisting of words and looks awful. If not that then it's jumping to conclusions/assuming things in a negative light. Nutella put forth a decent plan to assign her votes and you just said nope "this is what you're actually going to do, even though I can't tell what you're thinking." It's a bad strategy and I suggest you stop arguing it and accept that you did something bad before you get yourself lynched. If you have a problem with being lynched that is
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Dieodhakrojake I broke quote, mods plz fix
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

The conclusion is this though, Nutella is better looking than boob by a good amount, but Nutella based solely off of her interactions with boo is a light town AT BEST
Banners:
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

boo wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:52 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:30 pm
Votes are being spread around, but you're probably going to die because votes aren't being spread around.

Wut?
Well, technically, LC and speedchuck are the ones that made the decision to both give me votes tonight. I didn't ask them for those votes, but I didn't turn them down either because of course I want myself to get votes. It's preferable from my point of view to have someone I know is civ (i.e. me) to get more than one vote and likely evolve, rather than have every civ get one vote and nobody evolve, while the baddies will almost certainly have someone evolving soon due to being able to guarantee two of them voting for the other. Fortunately, it just so happened that I know at least two people decided to trust me enough to give me votes, and at the same time I am also voting for someone I trust.

I think part of your misinterpretation issue here is that you're conflating two different senses of "spreading" votes -- one being the spread of votes from different players on one night, and the other being the spread of votes from the same player on different nights. Synchronic and diachronic, if you will. My original statement was about the latter, and you have twisted it into being about the former, whereas in fact my statement about voting for whomever you trust each night does not at all preclude having one person receive several votes in one night, if multiple people choose the same person. Which is exactly what several players were trying to coordinate on day 0 -- try to distribute votes among a smaller group of "trusted" players so that the votes would cluster a little bit more -- it's just that, as I said in the original post, since it's early game there isn't really a consensus on who to trust so it ends up being an individual decision that may result in some overlap.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:52 pm

He thinks like my civ meta.

He is aggressive and doesn't seen to care whether people are reading him bad or not. He just picked a target and wants to take her down. He seems to be showing confirmation bias, which is a sign of an error but not of bad alignment.

He saw the cooperation plan as suspicious and trying to find scum among the ones making it.

Mafia tends to have a sense of self-image imo, they don't pick fights that will make them look worse.

I'm not sure if I agree with his posts, but I think he is making them from a civ perspective.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

And yes I'm aware that it means my civ meta is kind of stupid sometimes (though other times it works).
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

In my gut i want to say i trust DDL a lot even though looking at his ISO didnt give me a whole lot to go off of outside of his dislike for timmer and a scuffle with jack.

I saw some things about LC and speed being tossed around too. LC mostly, like nutella was against boo on his whole concept, which is correct. but i think why i keep seeing the names together is how he discusses with speedchuck a sort of vote alliance thing for tonight. and.... thats really it? not much else i can go on, he's essentially same level as nutella in terms of what he's doing. only nutella has been more argumentative about it and LC was taking pot shots here and there.

Speedchuck, starts out with some nice pro-towny things. he at least talks about it and not too much (which in retrospect makes him look better than how jack was arguing it) but thats because theres not much. and then he just kinda misses out and asks for a recap, so eh.

and then i wanted to cover jack since i just HAVE to, being he is who he is. we've gotten quite the "friendship". (i also just realized this post is half the people on my list, hmph. interesting) So overall jack actually.... looks good. i mean his disagreement with DDL wasnt a two sided thing, they both have their reasons. i would side with DDL on it based my personal opinion since having all vanilla towns is lame. but jack makes some decent posts in his actual banter, and he also throws down his opinions of people which is more than a lot of players have put out (then again it's day 1 and i can relate that it's hard to get reads sometimes)

I think that should be good, in retrospect, if i was to go into my list of 6, the other three, Dom, Mac, and DrWilgy, well i couldnt do the former two, and will change them if they dont show up tomorrow (the phase), and DrWilgy doesnt have enough for me to judge him im pretty sure. (at least, if im remembering right)
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

sprityo wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:01 pm The conclusion is this though, Nutella is better looking than boo by a good amount, but Nutella based solely off of her interactions with boo is a light town AT BEST
i felt the need to further explain this, im not saying boo is NOT town, but in a comparison situation.

but i think ive covered the hot topic issues and players of yesterday and will be retiring to a nice evening of video games :ninja:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:17 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:52 pm

He thinks like my civ meta.

He is aggressive and doesn't seen to care whether people are reading him bad or not. He just picked a target and wants to take her down. He seems to be showing confirmation bias, which is a sign of an error but not of bad alignment.

He saw the cooperation plan as suspicious and trying to find scum among the ones making it.

Mafia tends to have a sense of self-image imo, they don't pick fights that will make them look worse.

I'm not sure if I agree with his posts, but I think he is making them from a civ perspective.
I've never said I want to take down la. I want to lynch LC, not her. I just don't think she should be given a free pass to lie to everyone.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 33
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

boo wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:31 pmI've never said I want to take down la. I want to lynch LC, not her.
Because I'm a hypocrite, right?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

@Jack

Turns out I didn't actually suspect the people who voted with me. Rather, I mistook them for the ones making a whole bunch of fishy votes last phase:

Timmer (temporary)
DF
Tinky
Eloh
Dizzy
Sprityo
Gman

It's so many I can't even begin to think where to look first.
Simon
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Simon »

Kalos Region Knock-Out!

And the first knock out has already happened! Seventeen remain and two of the Pokemon are out. Stay tuned...

JackofHearts2005 is unable to battle!

He was Charmander!

It is now Day 2. You have 24 hours to lynch someone.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: Pokemon Mafia [Day 2]

Wow I almost voted for Jack.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

hm.

interesting.
Banners:
ImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Interesting result. Not a very strategic kill. I suspect it's someone with experience playing against Jack.

RIP.
My Banners:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

G-Man wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:49 pm Interesting result. Not a very strategic kill. I suspect it's someone with experience playing against Jack.

RIP.
Odd what makes you say this?

@DDL, why are you so unsure of his alignment then if you thinks it comes from a civ perspective?
Image Image Image
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:10 pm
G-Man wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:49 pm Interesting result. Not a very strategic kill. I suspect it's someone with experience playing against Jack.

RIP.
Instinctuition.
My Banners:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Darn. I wanted to keep Jack around.

Feel like Sprityo and Fredwood might have killed Jack n1. Maybe DDL. Gut feelz.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

RIP.

@DDL, why are you so unsure of his alignment then if you thinks it comes from a civ perspective?
My opinion is not a constant.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

By the way, keep in mind: I think every pokemon has 2 evolutions. If someone gets over 6 points (we can't ask them or know for sure, but y'know. Estimate.) it isn't helpful.

Let's say that you form a triangle and everybody votes for each other (A good strategy. Beneficial and guarantees a certain amount.). Then don't do it for more than 3 nights. That would be stupid.

Is this right?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Snover, Munchlax, Riolu, Inkay and Mewoth only have 1 evolution.

Mew and Mewtwo have none.

Eevee has eigth, but it can only pick one and then that's it.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

So nobody can go more than two. Same principle holds.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:22 pm

RIP.

My opinion is not a constant.
But what changed?
Image Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Good luck, town. Charmander out.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:24 pm By the way, keep in mind: I think every pokemon has 2 evolutions. If someone gets over 6 points (we can't ask them or know for sure, but y'know. Estimate.) it isn't helpful.

Let's say that you form a triangle and everybody votes for each other (A good strategy. Beneficial and guarantees a certain amount.). Then don't do it for more than 3 nights. That would be stupid.

Is this right?
Agreed. No sense wasting evo-points. Ideally we can get every Civ up to maxed out level, and put some powerful abilities in play.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Also RIP Jack. Truly sorry to see you go, you're a real asset to every game you play.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”