Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Pokemon Mafia [Day 2]

Post by nutella »

Damn, RIP Jack :(
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 10

Post by timmer »

Cute lil' Charmander :(
My siggie.
Neverwhere
The Mark
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Neverwhere »

Just had a quick skim this morning. I haven't really had time to properly digest and will need another read through this afternoon me thinks.

Was focusing on boo/nutella there. I'm feeling pretty good about nutella at the moment and thought some of her points about boo had merit. I don't see anything wrong with nutellas plan to spread votes around. I don't understand why boo is getting so caught up with some of it.

I'm not familiar with the players in this game or their styles, so it's kind of hard to get a read on a lot of you.
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Just had a quick skim this morning. I haven't really had time to properly digest and will need another read through this afternoon me thinks.

Was focusing on boo/nutella there. I'm feeling pretty good about nutella at the moment and thought some of her points about boo had merit. I don't see anything wrong with nutellas plan to spread votes around. I don't understand why boo is getting so caught up with some of it.

I'm not familiar with the players in this game or their styles, so it's kind of hard to get a read on a lot of you.
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Also, mods, really sorry this is my second double post. I'm not sure why that's happening.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:04 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:22 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:10 pm
G-Man wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:49 pm Interesting result. Not a very strategic kill. I suspect it's someone with experience playing against Jack.

RIP.
Odd what makes you say this?

@DDL, why are you so unsure of his alignment then if you thinks it comes from a civ perspective?
My opinion is not a constant.
But what changed?
I read a couple more posts from him and my impression changed a bit?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

:grin:
speedchuck wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:14 pm So nobody can go more than two. Same principle holds.
Unless there are mega evolutions in the game.

(but I saw no mention of them)
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:25 am
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:04 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:22 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:10 pm
G-Man wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:49 pm Interesting result. Not a very strategic kill. I suspect it's someone with experience playing against Jack.

RIP.
Odd what makes you say this?

@DDL, why are you so unsure of his alignment then if you thinks it comes from a civ perspective?
My opinion is not a constant.
But what changed?
I read a couple more posts from him and my impression changed a bit?
Ok let me elaborate because I know youll ask.

I already had an impression he was coming from a civ perspective but was being careful about trusting my own read. I'm still not sure about trusting it, but that impression of civ has gotten stronger.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Elohcin »

Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:48 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:24 pm By the way, keep in mind: I think every pokemon has 2 evolutions. If someone gets over 6 points (we can't ask them or know for sure, but y'know. Estimate.) it isn't helpful.

Let's say that you form a triangle and everybody votes for each other (A good strategy. Beneficial and guarantees a certain amount.). Then don't do it for more than 3 nights. That would be stupid.

Is this right?
Agreed. No sense wasting evo-points. Ideally we can get every Civ up to maxed out level, and put some powerful abilities in play.
Yes, thia is true. But how are we to really talk about it without the baddiea killing those who have received enough evolve votes. I planned on giving evolve points to two people I feel I can trust, targeting each every oher night untul they each get three. I wouldn't want to share who in the thread because I would be afraid they might be killed. So, please, if I'm missing some kinf of strategy where we can collaborate, tell me.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 145

Post by DrWilgy »

Elohcin wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:20 am
speedchuck wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:24 pm By the way, keep in mind: I think every pokemon has 2 evolutions. If someone gets over 6 points (we can't ask them or know for sure, but y'know. Estimate.) it isn't helpful.

Let's say that you form a triangle and everybody votes for each other (A good strategy. Beneficial and guarantees a certain amount.). Then don't do it for more than 3 nights. That would be stupid.

Is this right?
Agreed. No sense wasting evo-points. Ideally we can get every Civ up to maxed out level, and put some powerful abilities in play.
Yes, thia is true. But how are we to really talk about it without the baddiea killing those who have received enough evolve votes. I planned on giving evolve points to two people I feel I can trust, targeting each every oher night untul they each get three. I wouldn't want to share who in the thread because I would be afraid they might be killed. So, please, if I'm missing some kinf of strategy where we can collaborate, tell me.
By the mindset "that we can evolve more with coordination than the baddies can possibly kil off" this works, but it does require at least 60% player coordination.

Eloh, where is your head at right now? A brief summary if you don't mind.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 33
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Elohcin wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:20 am

Is this right?
Hook up with two other players you trust and make a deal publicly. If everyone does that, then no one will be a greater target.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 38

Post by speedchuck »

We're in a speed game, and there are already less than 11 hours left in D2. Clock is ticking.

Go ahead and throw votes down or provide reads or label your suspicions, people. We don't win mafia games by rushing last minute votes.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 33
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Ok, I'm laying it down on boo again. At least for now.
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Yeah, I'm going with boo also.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 130

Post by Fredwood »

RIP.
speedchuck wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:20 pm Darn. I wanted to keep Jack around.

Feel like Sprityo and Fredwood might have killed Jack n1. Maybe DDL. Gut feelz.
These are bad. Opening the phase with two NK analysis in a mixed meta is unproductive at the least, the fact that there are two within the first two posts is very concerning.

NK analysis in general is just too unreliable for accurate information anyway, so it's concerning if it is two independent sources. My brain tells me only one of these are scum, I pinged G-man earlier and town credded Speed so I'm going to vote G-Man, also his statement is the more "leading" of the two trying to force people to a conclusion that they think they came to on their own. Speed's is more specific and open to debate (thought it's interesting to note that Dys isn't on this list)

Also, as a WIFOM argument for you, it has been a long long time since I've killed Jack as scum, I'd rather beat Jack then to not have to deal with him.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

That should read two in the first few posts not two within the first two.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

There are plenty of people who honestly believe in NK analysis. I'd say more than the ones who don't.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

I'd disagree, but not interested in arguing about how many people find it more useful or not. Point is I don't it's WIFOMY.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 10

Post by timmer »

Went with Boo because at least there is something to chew on there.
My siggie.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Fredwood wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:23 am Speed's is more specific and open to debate (thought it's interesting to note that Dys isn't on this list)
Oh, yeah. Thanks for the tip. I'll add Dys to my mental list. Not to my previous one, because editing isn't allowed.

And sure, NK analysis isn't strong, but it's *something* worth looking into, for me at least. It'll get the ball rolling. It's looking likely that my vote will move around. :beer:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

RIP. Chrome ate my post. Time to retype.

Right now, I have tonal pings from both DDL and Boo though I'm unsure the direct cause. I don't think Boo is on a team with Hazelnut. I want to see where the Boo suspicion goes and see thier thoughts on having the vote lead.

I'd say put both DF and Timmer on the chopping block again for their shitty votes last cycle. Timmer's vote now has high momentum. He and Boo are probably not on a team.

Anyone wanna tie Mac and Dom, and have them fight to the death as they aren't here lol? Also now that I have some hindsight, it kinda sucks that TSP died right as he entered the game. Probably should have saved him rgardless of the alignment. Oh well, wasn't here.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 171

Post by G-Man »

I'm in the process of re-reading the game. I'm currently on Day 0. Nothing too substantial just yet. I'll see how the minor pings play out after I finish with Day 1.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Skating by, adding nothing Timmer is baddie Timmer. I'm going to put my vote there. For now anyways, see how things shake out if I get back before the lynch ends.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

boo wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:18 pm Skating by, adding nothing Timmer is baddie Timmer. I'm going to put my vote there. For now anyways, see how things shake out if I get back before the lynch ends.
:ponder:
Image Image Image
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by DFaraday »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:08 pm RIP. Chrome ate my post. Time to retype.

Right now, I have tonal pings from both DDL and Boo though I'm unsure the direct cause. I don't think Boo is on a team with Hazelnut. I want to see where the Boo suspicion goes and see thier thoughts on having the vote lead.

I'd say put both DF and Timmer on the chopping block again for their shitty votes last cycle. Timmer's vote now has high momentum. He and Boo are probably not on a team.

Anyone wanna tie Mac and Dom, and have them fight to the death as they aren't here lol? Also now that I have some hindsight, it kinda sucks that TSP died right as he entered the game. Probably should have saved him rgardless of the alignment. Oh well, wasn't here.
Sorry, you've made me one of your top suspects because I voted for a (at the time) no-show, then in the same post propose trying to get the other no-shows out?

I'm of the belief that when it comes to voting for someone I have no suspicion of and someone who is contributing nothing to the game, voting the latter is the better option. On Day 1 I didn't have any suspicions, so I would be forcing any reason I had to vote someone.

I'm not liking Boo's Timmer vote. It feels NO U-y, and doesn't make sense coming right after his campaign against LC and Nutella. I'll go ahead and vote Boo for now.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

I wasn't about to say, why is DF on the chopping block? Last I thought, you were the only one with suspicion on him, Wilgy?
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I was about to say*
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Wilgy, I had been feeling pretty good about you, but what's with the "let's lynch these two people, or maybe these other two people, whatevs" post? DF's criticism of your apparent hypocrisy merits a response, but I think even outside of that, your post was rather suspicious in the number of lynch candidates you tossed out willy-nilly.

I can't quite decide whether I actually suspect Boo. I certainly did earlier, but I think his tone and persistence in his back-and-forth with me seems slightly more like civ behavior. Not sure how to feel about his Timmer vote; he may actually be right about Timmer's style. :shrug:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I'm also going to be voting boo, since he was the only one that had appeared off yesterday, and I'm not understanding the case on timmer so this also is a reason for me to vote boo.
Banners:
ImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Yeah, I don't think I agree with the Boo lynch.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm voting Timmer partly because he hasn't done much to improve my view on him from the past day, and partly because I don't wanna lynch Boo.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

With you on that DDL
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Less than three hours left. I'm going to be at church when the poll ends. And we still deal with no-shows and 7 people that aren't voting.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

DDL, can you tell me in short the single glaring issue of why timmer is the better lynch candidate?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I'm not particularly thrilled about voting for timmer, but I think he's more likely bad than boo, so putting my vote there.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

so for my understanding Nutella, you're saying your whole spiel yesterday, was in fact wrong and you're second guessing now, and timmer is the better choice?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Well, not wrong, but misjudged.
Banners:
ImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

In the interest of full disclosure, I have re-read 2/3 of Day 0. Based on what I've re-read, I am not inclined to vote for either Timmer or Boo because neither one had much substance whatsoever by the point where I left off. I plan on voting but I haven't a clue where just yet.
My Banners:
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

sprityo wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:05 pm DDL, can you tell me in short the single glaring issue of why timmer is the better lynch candidate?
He's the skatiest of skating by type of baddies. Granted, I haven't played in about a year, but that's always been his style in games I've played with him when he has been bad. He has a much greater thread presence when he's civ. Even. If he's busy, which I can accept is possible and or likely, he puts more explanation into votes. He's done this two days in a row now, so it's not a one off. That's baddie Timmer. I think the fact that la is willing to chance seeing if I'm right, when she and I haven't been seeing eye to eye, says enough about his game from someone else who is familiar with him.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

boo wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:19 pm
sprityo wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:05 pm DDL, can you tell me in short the single glaring issue of why timmer is the better lynch candidate?
He's the skatiest of skating by type of baddies. Granted, I haven't played in about a year, but that's always been his style in games I've played with him when he has been bad. He has a much greater thread presence when he's civ. Even. If he's busy, which I can accept is possible and or likely, he puts more explanation into votes. He's done this two days in a row now, so it's not a one off. That's baddie Timmer. I think the fact that la is willing to chance seeing if I'm right, when she and I haven't been seeing eye to eye, says enough about his game from someone else who is familiar with him.
This is part of why I'm voting for him. Assuming people know his meta. He was around more in Blue Velvet. Until he went 3P. (Am I remembering right?)

Anyway, I don't want to lynch Boo, because even though I disagree with stuff he says, I feel like it all comes from town motive and perspective. It's a little like playing with... Quin maybe?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

So I have to choose between two meta wagons on 2 people I've never played with.

THIS'LL BE FUNNNNN
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

I'm inclined to vote Timmer because I like boo's avatar more. I mean that might as well be as much input I have on those two.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

@DF and Hazlenut, y'all are right. I misread what DF had originally posted and thought he fully rando voted. Sorry DF, you did not earn my suspicion.

@Sprityo, that was my own personal chopping block. Players I thought I'd like to murk.
Image Image Image
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

boo wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:19 pm

Thank you for the response, but I was asking DDL :noble:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I finished my Day 0 re-read. Can someone link the the turning points for both Boo and Timmer? I see talk of Timmer's meta but is there substance in the thread to or just him meeting that meta? Time to go home for dinner and then an ill-informed vote.
My Banners:
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:41 pm my own personal chopping block. Players I thought I'd like to murk.
:ponder:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Confirmed, DrWilgy wants to "beat the living shit out outta someone"
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

There isn't a big one, but he is barely playing the game at all. And I think Boo is a civ so I don't feel bad voting Timmer to save him.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm more suspicious of a player who posts but doesn't add anything than one who doesn't post at all. The later is just completely busy 99% of thew time. The former may be a little busy, but often they are mafia just coasting.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I'm not confident in either wagon right now, so I may abstain. Why use Day 0 information to cast a Day 2 vote? I will keep reading tonight and tomorrow in an attempt to catch up.
My Banners:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”