Lugia (The Hosts, the Non, the Dead)
73%

Total votes: 15
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 130

Re: Pokemon Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Fredwood »

Oh I guess I voted Timmer Day 1 to save Jack who I had as a town lean, so yeah. That had less to do with Timmer and more to do with the crappy reasons Jack was being voted for, said as much in the post I voted Timmer.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Fredwood wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:16 pm
So I made the best of a bad situation.
Much like the 2016 election. Not very binary, it was obvious with 2 minutes left that boo or timmer were going to be lynched. No one was on any other train but my lone vote on you. So binary thinking is rather unfair, trinary thinking maybe.

Also, I did not have a town read on either boo or timmer, both were null, but a Villa/Villa was likely if you were scum.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 145

Post by DrWilgy »

G-Man wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:36 pmDrWilgy: Other than agreeing with Nutella about Boo, what have you contributed that's been substantive? Lots of tangents and fluff.
:shrug:

opinions about timmer, boo, ddl and bullshit coasty gameplay? I just want to purdge the no shows.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Personally I feel good about Wilgy. I think he is trying to figure out the game.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 171

Post by G-Man »

I wish Mac hadn't voted for Sprityo, because that's where I'm leaning right now.

Wilgy- of those five I listed, take Tink out. Who would be next after eliminating the barely-there participant?
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Question, why is Nutella and fredwood in that list?

Fredwood in general is looking better than you Gman.

I haven't really noticed Nutella much today, but I'm confident almost no one would vote for her. I feel like you added her in the for no apparent reason.
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I'd like to throw in, that I'm not entirely sure where you're getting the whole list from in the first place. Sidestepping a good half of the player base? Like you place either a "doesn't look good" or a "looks good, but then bad" on most everyone in the list you made. Excluding DF and DDL as the most prominent looking among the bunch. Back to the 5 people you mentioned though. In my eyes you've listed them as follows:

Disagreement man
Somewhere
Hazelnut friend
Fluffy
I do what I want.

Realistically, you could've replaced 3 or 4 of these people with other players and still be about the same kind of list
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

To directly answer your question, I'd pick tink, I don't think I'd pick everywhere since I haven't checked on their content. But I'd much rather lynch someone like DrWilgy, boo, Dom/Dyslexicon/Eloh, and Gman. Not to say I have evidence on them, but that I don't feel it in my gut that they're whole-y town sided. Something more so I should review over tonight since I'll be driving home and more than likely miss the lynch. In which case, I'm leaving my vote on tink.
Banners:
ImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 171

Post by G-Man »

sprityo wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:48 pm Question, why is Nutella and fredwood in that list?

Fredwood in general is looking better than you Gman.

I haven't really noticed Nutella much today, but I'm confident almost no one would vote for her. I feel like you added her in the for no apparent reason.
I have Nutella on that list because she's close to being suspicious for me. The excessive wordiness in her defenses is overkill. Almost like she's trying to wrap it up too neatly. I believe she has a background in linguistics, so that may explain her wordiness. I, however, have a background (one of the two) in communications, so I prefer conciseness.

Fred is on my list because of how much mechanics and theory he focused on. None of the coordination/enforcement scheme matters now, so it is possible that I am biased against so much mechanics and theory discussion when reading in retrospect. I believe I said he disappeared on Day 2, which may not actually be the case. I was typing fast and referring to my notes, which I stopped taking in detail once I hit Day 2. From that point on, I only noted relevant and noteworthy things, which for Fred amounted to this:
~~Day2~~
-Comes at me about NK analysis- {likely cultural, see how hard he presses}
-Says he has to vote one of the two- {no, you don't have to; you can have principles}
-Says I am forcing a coin-flip- BS
-Last minute vote switch to Timmer

@Sprityo- Those are the five people I am most inclined to vote for, so I wanted thoughts from everyone else on them. Four of the five received an "I might like to watch you die" in my comments and Nutella is only about a block over from that neighborhood, so I figured I'd throw her in for good measure.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 145

Post by DrWilgy »

sprityo wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:24 am @DrWilgy, my list has changed. Quite drastically in fact due to 1/3 being dead. I would add DDL to the list since he is a prominent player in my opinion, And I would take off Dom since he has yet to appear. You are hesititantly on there still solely because I need 5-6 players but you haven't done anything spectacular to have me want to keep you there. I'll also add Nutella as a hesitant since she appears to be wanting to do the right thing but I'm not 100% sold on it. I think. This all coming without checking back on information is what I'd have my list at now. I'm keeping mac on the list since he has at least appeared and I'm interested in seeing what he does.

Finally, the original list I made, was for all the reasons I listed. Nothing more nothing less. Hence why you're now a hesitant instead of "lol cause he's a doctor"
I can understand chaos votes for the sake of chaos voting. Keeping things interesting with Mac. What I don't get are the two bolded parts.
1. Does DDL's prominence indicate to you general civviness? Do you agree with his thoughts and voice?
2. Wanting to do the right thing, or having the appearance of wanting to do the right thing? This is a blanket statement. What is the right thing, or why do you view Hazlenut's actions as such?
G-Man wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:31 pm I wish Mac hadn't voted for Sprityo, because that's where I'm leaning right now.

Wilgy- of those five I listed, take Tink out. Who would be next after eliminating the barely-there participant?
Sprityo.

I like Neverwhere and Hazlenut this game so they are out. Fredwood I've been ignoring for the most part, idk why but his posts are in one ear out the next. I do know that he has plenty of content to analyze and can go back to him.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Neverwhere* :haha: my apologies on saying everywhere

Linki: okay. But the reasons you listed to suspect Nutella and fredwood, I don't have a problem with. Focusing on mechanics is a perfectly valid thing to talk about, at least in early game, While Nutella was just wrapped up in an argument. So I would expect the word count to be hugher up, probably less neat

Linki2: 1. Yes, overall civviness with a few minor things I don't entirely agree with
2. I honestly couldn't tell you at current so I'll have to get back to you on a re-read
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

G-Man wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:02 pm
Fred is on my list because of how much mechanics and theory he focused on. None of the coordination/enforcement scheme matters now, so it is possible that I am biased against so much mechanics and theory discussion when reading in retrospect. I believe I said he disappeared on Day 2, which may not actually be the case. I was typing fast and referring to my notes, which I stopped taking in detail once I hit Day 2. From that point on, I only noted relevant and noteworthy things, which for Fred amounted to this:
~~Day2~~
-Comes at me about NK analysis- {likely cultural, see how hard he presses}
-Says he has to vote one of the two- {no, you don't have to; you can have principles}
-Says I am forcing a coin-flip- BS
-Last minute vote switch to Timmer
I didn't focus on mechanics I literally said that people were overthinking the evolution mechanics. If we're talking about NK and inactive lynching, I think it's a very good discussion to have about those things when we have a lot of players who aren't familiar posting with each other. It establishes a baseline, so if there is any deviation from that baseline you can follow up.

The rest you say about me is a gross over simplification or borderline misrepresentation.

1. NK, had less to do with me complaining about NK analysis, and more to do with the way you presented your NK analysis. Speed had a NK analysis and I gave him town credit points for the way he presented his thoughts, regardless of if I disagreed with his decision to use it. See how I allowed for town credit in a technique I'm opposed to?

2. I have principles, and I went the direction that gave me the most information, and I based my vote off reactions I had to pings. I had a 2 pings about you and no one was interested in hearing them, neither wagon was a town lean so I wasn't particularly inclined to see once lynched. I still feel a coin flip was better there for town then an eloh decided lynch.

3. I NEVER SAID YOU WERE FORCING A COIN FLIP. I said you weren't voting which would either force a coin flip OR someone else to make the decision to lynch the vote was tied at 5/5 when you made your grand dramatic non-stand. You're trying to twist something completely out of context, repeatedly. The post was "If G-man is scum, then him not voting could mean that both trains aren't mafia", not G-Man is scum because he wants a tie. Not even mentioning the fact it would be rather stupid for me to push you on that then to force a freakin tie myself it makes no sense from a counter argument standpoint.

4. I think I've covered this adequately if anyone has any questions about my EoD vote jump let me know what they are.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 33
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Sorry for being not here... in the summer we often have our food truck at events on the weekends. I'm at the Scugog Summer Jam tonight. Big Wreck is here. I'll be around earlier tomorrow.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Have fun
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I might be able to make it home before Day ends. But until then I'll be unable to respond, ciao
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: Pokemon Mafia [Day 0]

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:05 am MOOOOOOOOM, LC broke the siiiiiite.

Gman's notes brought me back to these lists.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:10 pm Boo
Gman
Dizzy
Nutella
Speedchuck
DF

Thats my proposed list. You guys post yours. I propose we make a deadline for it and then everyone sends their votes. Is 3 hours before the end of N0 good enough?
DFaraday wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:40 pm If we're still considering alternatives to Jack's list:

G-Man
Boo
DDL
Dyslexicon

Those are the only ones I'm leaning somewhat civ on so far.
nutella wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:08 pm For what it's worth, here's a list of players I'm considering sending my point to:
Jack
G-Man
Long Con
Speedchuck
Dyslexicon
Timmer
sprityo wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:22 pm So I don't get the purpose of putting 6 names down. From what I can read in the OP it's just one person you vote for. But my list is as follows:

Speedchuck - because we're CPI buddies
Dom - because I'm afraid of Dom. Always.
Jack - because I "like" jack as a person
DrWigly - because he's a doctor
LC - because I like LC as a person
Mac - because I haven't seen Mac in forever it feels like
Everyone above, has your list from before changed? how has it changed? has it narrowed down or widened? why?

DDL, DF, Hazelnut, you had all 3 chosen Gman. Why G-man in specific.

Sprityo, in regards to your list specifically, you and Jack were the only ones to list me. Why did you choose me? beyond that of "he's a doctor?" Am I still on that list? Why did you choose Dom and Mac as one only posted today, and the other is still out?

There are more players that I no idea what to think than players who I have thoughts on. I'd say the null and void atm are DF, Dom, Eloh, G-Man, Mac, Neverwhere, Sprit and Tink. From all of you, can you let me know which player you find the most interesting, and why?

And for now...

Adios muchachos.
Narrowed down. I'm more suspicious of everyone, while on day 0 I was more willing to trust people saying things I agreed about.

Gman is the same above. Not much to say since it was day 0 so there wasnt much to go on.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

G-Man wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:36 pm Is that all you got, Fred? You spoke more about mafia theory and side-bar stuff on Day 1 than anything with teeth. On Day 2, you gave me one poke about my NK analysis and then disappeared, only to come in at the end of the day, expressing dismay at having no choice but to vote for one of Timmer or Boo because they were the top trains. You also tried to angle it as if my abstention was forcing us into a coin-flip (without even understanding how Epi and Simon break lynch ties).

Dude, I once posted in nothing but pics and memes for a whole game because I wanted to. Same goes for the time I posted like a Magic 8-Ball. Or the time I posted like the Old Spice guy (the man your man could smell like). Or the time I played in character as Dr. frickin' Evil. It's a free internet. Everyone still had a choice at the end of Day 2. My actions didn't force you or anyone else to do anything. Saying otherwise is just trying to pass the buck.

Speaking of my NK analysis, I still maintain that Jack's murder wasn't smart. Unless the baddies killed Jack because he came out and said that, despite all the argle-bargle with DDL, he thought DDL was civ, it's an unforced error. The only benefit to come out of it was getting rid of the most talkative player. Around here, talkative and sharp players don't get taken out right away or JaggedJimmyJay would be the first NK every time. That's why I think it makes sense for someone from Jack's or another mafia culture to be behind that. Perhaps they have a teammate that is barely around to bounce ideas off of. Whatever the case, it quieted down the thread and achieved little else.
Imo they got rid of Jack because he was not being suspected by people.

That's one of the most basic reasons to kill anyone.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Actually no, scratch that, I forgot Jack was almost lynched.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Voting Dizzy. Her disappearance after making a million posts about game mechanics irks me.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Jack was almost lynched day 1 because he's a good scum player. NK'd dunno, but he's played with more then half the players in the game, so it could mean and anything G-man pulling the familiarity thread is faulty or hedgy, like he underestimated Jack's previous interactions with players here, which could also mean that he'd be under the same faulty assumption if G is scum and overplayed the analysis out of the gate. I Could see a G-Man/Eloh/other unfamiliar player scum team make that mistake collectively.

Additionally I don't think Jack scum read DDL they were just bickering. No one even mentioned his interactions with DDL as a reason to lynch him.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:11 pm Voting Dizzy. Her disappearance after making a million posts about game mechanics irks me.
22 posts, and gave a reason for her absence.

Why Dys over someone else who hasn't contributed much? There's quite a few of them. Is it just that she was active early and had other plans?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Why someone else over Dizzy?
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

I'm not proposing someone else, I'm just asking why vote for an inactive now when they gave a reason for their absence but were so against it on day 1 when they hadn't even checked in to tell us that they were going to be busy?

Or do you not believe that She's visiting family?
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Fredwood wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:31 pm I'm not proposing someone else, I'm just asking why vote for an inactive now when they gave a reason for their absence but were so against it on day 1 when we had 3 others who hadn't even checked in to tell us that they were going to be busy?

Or do you not believe that She's visiting family?
Edited post within post
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Look, half of the players this game are too busy in real life to play. If I have to give them all civ cred for that we may as well call the game over.

Bads get busy too.

Also can you show me that post? I probably missed it.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Fredwood wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:31 pm I'm not proposing someone else
Why

Who do you want to lynch?
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Pokemon Mafia [Night 1]

Post by Fredwood »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:24 am Oh god. Well, I'm visiting my grandparents now. Hopefully phase hasn't changed after I'm home.
Granted it was Day 1, and timing could mean anything now that she's missed 2 phases. But there's plenty of inactives to chose from

Day 1 we had Dom, MacDougal, and TSP all no showing and you gave a lot of resistance to voting for them. On top of that we had Tink, Elo that were all low posters.

D2: Dom and MacDougal still hadn't posted, Tink and Eloh had low activity and both exhibited interesting behavior to say the least.

D3: We're still missing Dom Mac's made one post, Tink hasn't shown up since yesterday EoD and Eloh said she was on vacation. Long Con is now busy, and there are a number of people who also haven't been terribly active today... I mean we have less then 2 hours left we have 3 votes, 2 of them on inactive and one made by a single poster.

However, the issue for me right now isn't about who's the better inactive to lynch, it's why after protesting lynching inactives day 1 are you suddenly changing your mind about lynching inactives?

I think it's pretty clear I'm ok lynching G, Tink, Eloh or Dom who hasn't even shown up yet.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Ideally I don't even think that Dom is the best lynch anyway. So for me it's between G, Tink and Eloh, if we're going to make the inactive/low activity compromise I think Tink is the best inactive to lynch, because she's actually exhibited questionable behavior and Eloh is kind of tied to Boo right now.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I was referring to people who never played at all. Mild inactives that come and go like Dizzy are a different story.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm okay with a Tink lynch tho. Gman too.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

I'll vote Tink, G-man at least as a chance to talk himself clear and is giving us content to analyze, plus it's more fun if we have more talkers.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Elohcin »

Why tink? Because she's quiet? I really think if you're civ, you ought to keep tink around. I doubt she is bad. She is on vacation too and very busy with water slides all day long like me.

I'm voting alongside ddl.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Because the EOD activity was questionable so of all the low activity she has the most negatives for me , also DDL is voting for someone on vacation as well, so if we don't for one person who is on vacation, I don't know if we should vote for any of them.

Dunno, I feel bad about voting low activity, but it's almost all we have at this point outside my pings on G-Man (shrug).
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Fredwood wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:19 pm Because the EOD activity was questionable so of all the low activity she has the most negatives for me , also DDL is voting for someone on vacation as well, so if we don't for one person who is on vacation, I don't know if we should vote for any of them.

Dunno, I feel bad about voting low activity, but it's almost all we have at this point outside my pings on G-Man (shrug).
Is it just me or this post contradicts everything you said half an hour ago?
Abigail Sophia
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Abigail Sophia »

I'm not the one to lynch. Lynch someone else! :srsnod:
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Just you...or what specifically? I said Day 1 I'm cool with voting low activity. Tink has just exhibited it the most interesting behavior.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Elohcin wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:14 pm Why tink? Because she's quiet? I really think if you're civ, you ought to keep tink around. I doubt she is bad. She is on vacation too and very busy with water slides all day long like me.

I'm voting alongside ddl.
I think this is a good reason to lunch Eloh instead of tink. She's latching on to people like crazy, with no reason for it, but still throwing incredibly vague suspicion at people who don't side with her.

I still don't trust ddl (or LC, for that matter), but Eloh has risen to number one now.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Tink wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:21 pm I'm not the one to lynch. Lynch someone else! :srsnod:
You want to lynch DDL, or do you still think G-Man is bad?
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Elo is always bad even when she is a civ.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Tink wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:21 pm I'm not the one to lynch. Lynch someone else! :srsnod:
You know what, your contribution has been garbage this game.

Plus the whole "I don't try because I'd rather have fun" irks me on personal levels.

At least Dizzy could come back.

I'm fine with lynching you.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

OMG OMGUS, I think you've all broken me.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Fredwood wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:41 pm Image
My image mafia game is still 7 games down the queue, you'll have to wait more.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

This will call me down....dawwwwwwww. Okay.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:43 pm

My image mafia game is still 7 games down the queue, you'll have to wait more.
I need that.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by DFaraday »

I would be fine with voting Tink or Dom, as they haven't contributed as of yet. If Dys doesn't offer something again soon, I'd say get her out as well. Eloh at least has, although I think it's bizarre that she keeps insisting that Tink is good, when I don't see how she could know that so early in the game.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Abigail Sophia

Post by Abigail Sophia »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:38 pm
You know what, your contribution has been garbage this game.

Plus the whole "I don't try because I'd rather have fun" irks me on personal levels.

At least Dizzy could come back.

I'm fine with lynching you.
You're wrong to lynch me and you are also wrong about how it's about winning instead of fun.

I voted for you, you know.
Abigail Sophia

Post by Abigail Sophia »

DFaraday wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:50 pm I would be fine with voting Tink or Dom, as they haven't contributed as of yet. If Dys doesn't offer something again soon, I'd say get her out as well. Eloh at least has, although I think it's bizarre that she keeps insisting that Tink is good, when I don't see how she could know that so early in the game.
Why is everybody voting for me? Is it because people think I'm just easy to get out?

Return to “Previous Side Missions”