73%

Total votes: 15
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Pokemon Mafia [Day 5]

Post by boo »

Hey everyone. Try actually reading what la said before she died and go, "derp, lets obviously lynch DF now."

She did the work for you. And we still can't get it done? For real?
Banners
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 63

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:45 amSorry dad, but did you actually expect me to tell you why I can't be mafia? While everyone reevaluating their reads of me won't yield anything, I'm excited, as it means there may be some perspective shift AND I will be able to get further insight from other players.
Yes, as I said to neverwhere I mean to just get you to point at the posts that make you town. Like you did kind of when you explained the sprityo thing above. What's wrong with the question?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

boo wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:50 am Hey everyone. Try actually reading what la said before she died and go, "derp, lets obviously lynch DF now."

Please explain why in further detail than "because nutella said so".
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 145

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:51 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:45 amSorry dad, but did you actually expect me to tell you why I can't be mafia? While everyone reevaluating their reads of me won't yield anything, I'm excited, as it means there may be some perspective shift AND I will be able to get further insight from other players.
Yes, as I said to neverwhere I mean to just get you to point at the posts that make you town. Like you did kind of when you explained the sprityo thing above. What's wrong with the question?
Mac, I look forward to people reading me and I'd rather have those reads be influenced by me as a whole rather what I bring attention to. I think I flourish as a player the more I interact with people.

There is nothing wrong with the question, I guess I just dislike it for the reason above.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Furthermore, Mac, what would you expect from me if I was Mafia? what would you expect from me if I was town?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:56 am
Mac, I look forward to people reading me and I'd rather have those reads be influenced by me as a whole rather what I bring attention to. I think I flourish as a player the more I interact with people.

There is nothing wrong with the question, I guess I just dislike it for the reason above.
:faint:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:58 am Furthermore, Mac, what would you expect from me if I was Mafia? what would you expect from me if I was town?
Would I tell you what I believe about your meta?

I have some pretty solidified thoughts about Wilgymeta. I have played a ton of games with you as a mafia teammate after all.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

boo wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:50 am Hey everyone. Try actually reading what la said before she died and go, "derp, lets obviously lynch DF now."

No.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

boo wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:05 am

No.
I said please.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:01 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:58 am Furthermore, Mac, what would you expect from me if I was Mafia? what would you expect from me if I was town?

I have some pretty solidified thoughts about Wilgymeta. I have played a ton of games with you as a mafia teammate after all.
I don't think you would without me pestering you. I think you'd shout "Wilgy is bad" with three :omg:'s if you noticed anything reminiscent of my baddie play. That question was more "If I pointed out why I can't be mafia, what type of explanation would you expect from me if I was mafia vs civ?"
Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:18 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:01 am

I don't think you would without me pestering you. I think you'd shout "Wilgy is bad" with three :omg:'s if you noticed anything reminiscent of my baddie play. That question was more "If I pointed out why I can't be mafia, what type of explanation would you expect from me if I was mafia vs civ?"
I honestly just wanted you and neverwhere to show me if there are really glaring reasons you guys think are civvies. I wasn't trying to play 4D chess.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I'm sorry to disappoint, but I don't think there are any then.
Image Image Image
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 130

Post by Fredwood »

:haha:
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by DFaraday »

If by work you mean "point out when Sprit correctly said I wasn't on the chopping block", then yeah, she did the work. I wouldn't even call what he said defending me.

Mac raises some intriguing ideas about DDL. I've been reading him as civ all game, mainly because he contributes a lot. I'm still leaning for a Wilgy lynch right now though.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 67
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Got a secret rainbow as of this post. Guess I'll see how right I was after the game ends.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Quin »

Dom wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:33 am
Quin wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:30 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:29 pm Even better lol bie
I'm Dom2.0.
tbh dom 1.0 is far superior and less buggy :meany:
I'm not buggy, I'm quirky!
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I still can't figure out who la is.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Neverwhere
The Mark
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Neverwhere »

Quin wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:35 pm

I still can't figure out who la is.
Nutella
Neverwhere
The Mark
Posts in topic: 57

Re: Pokemon Mafia [Night 5]

Post by Neverwhere »

Reading back over my own posts, I'm inclined to side with boo and say I'd be interested in a DFaraday lynch. I remember reading back through Sprityos posts Mac and DFaraday stood out as people sprit was possibly defensive of.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I'm gonna keep the meta theory that Mac is civ when he is being rude and unlikable.

In the one game where I caught him as scum, he was being civil and likable.

So he's probably a civ here.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Tip: 90% of the game of mafia is about charisma.

People follow the ones with charisma, and lynch the ones who lack it.

So when you go "you all stupid if you don't lynch X", that's the easiest way to make them lynch someone other than X.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

DFaraday wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:35 pm

If by work you mean "point out when Sprit correctly said I wasn't on the chopping block", then yeah, she did the work. I wouldn't even call what he said defending me.

Mac raises some intriguing ideas about DDL. I've been reading him as civ all game, mainly because he contributes a lot. I'm still leaning for a Wilgy lynch right now though.
On a scale of 1 to 10: how does your opinion of me depend on other people making "intriguing" reads of me, specially if they are voting for me near the end of the day?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I don't have any opinion of DF at this point, but that itself is a bad sign.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Neverwhere wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:07 pm Reading back over my own posts, I'm inclined to side with boo and say I'd be interested in a DFaraday lynch. I remember reading back through Sprityos posts Mac and DFaraday stood out as people sprit was possibly defensive of.
What do you think of the things I had to say about boo?
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 171

Post by G-Man »

In case they actually have the stones to kill me...
Sorry, I've been lazy with the role names.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

That's a very useful graph G-Man. Thank you for taking the time to make it.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:49 pm I'm gonna keep the meta theory that Mac is civ when he is being rude and unlikable.

I can point to many of my Mafia games where I was bad and a prick. :haha:

Just out of curiosity which was the scum game that you caught me in that I was being nice?

That being said, this is a play at emotions. What about my posting in this game has been "rude and unlikable"? Was it the part where I have a scum read on you? :shrug:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:54 pm

On a scale of 1 to 10: how does your opinion of me depend on other people making "intriguing" reads of me, specially if they are voting for me near the end of the day?
I don't understand this post. Who voted for you near the end of the day? Is 1 a lot or 10? How much or how? It's a weird post.
Neverwhere wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:07 pm Reading back over my own posts, I'm inclined to side with boo and say I'd be interested in a DFaraday lynch. I remember reading back through Sprityos posts Mac and DFaraday stood out as people sprit was possibly defensive of.
And then I voted to lynch Sprityo in such a way as to not earn any credit for it. Intelligent move.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:19 pm That's a very useful graph G-Man. Thank you for taking the time to make it.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:49 pm I'm gonna keep the meta theory that Mac is civ when he is being rude and unlikable.

Just out of curiosity which was the scum game that you caught me in that I was being nice?

That being said, this is a play at emotions. What about my posting in this game has been "rude and unlikable"? Was it the part where I have a scum read on you? :shrug:

I don't understand this post. Who voted for you near the end of the day? Is 1 a lot or 10? How much or how? It's a weird post.
And then I voted to lynch Sprityo in such a way as to not earn any credit for it. Intelligent move.
Another example of MacDougall talking about how unreasonable it is to suspect him in the context of something that's actually very reasonable to suspect him for. :ponder:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

That's in reference to your sprityo vote, by the by. Is it not baddie compatible for a teammate to vote for sprit at a time where he'd taken practically zero heat the entire game thus far?
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:19 pm That's a very useful graph G-Man. Thank you for taking the time to make it.

1- Sorry I don't remember which game. I didn't exactly catch you. More like you were my biggest suspect but people only lynched you 2 days after I died.

2- It's irony. I'm snarking at the possibility DF is just following others, and setting up a possible wagon jump on me should it happen.
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:46 pm

1- Sorry I don't remember which game. I didn't exactly catch you. More like you were my biggest suspect but people only lynched you 2 days after I died.

2- It's irony. I'm snarking at the possibility DF is just following others, and setting up a possible wagon jump on me should it happen.
Yeah, just following others. That's why I've been the only person who actively suspects Wilgy.

And by my earlier post I meant that Mac raised an idea I hadn't considered before (posting a lot about game mechanics to appear contributory), so I want to look over your posts to see whether that holds any water. As for his second point, since I believe Wilgy is bad, you wouldn't be a baddie buddying up to him, so I'm thinking it's an either/or situation.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I recall a lot of mechanics talk by Luffy in the beginning of ASOUE, and he was town. I don't think it's odd for him.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Epignosis »

I guess people want to know what happened.

Not much. Nobody got knocked out.

It is now Day 6. Go.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Well that's nice.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: Pokemon Mafia [Day 6]

Post by Quin »

If we're thinking it's a missed nightkill, Tink and Dizzy come to mind first. Tink's been gone since Night 1, and Dizzy never posted during the night. I think everyone else did, though I'll verify that.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

boo and Wilgy also didn't post during the night.
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Quin wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:46 pm boo and Wilgy also didn't post during the night.
Hello I am Wilgy.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Quin wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:41 pm If we're thinking it's a missed nightkill, Tink and Dizzy come to mind first. Tink's been gone since Night 1, and Dizzy never posted during the night. I think everyone else did, though I'll verify that.
Quin. Your drunk. Go home.
Image Image Image
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Quin wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:41 pm If we're thinking it's a missed nightkill, Tink and Dizzy come to mind first. Tink's been gone since Night 1, and Dizzy never posted during the night. I think everyone else did, though I'll verify that.
We've been getting kills every night up until now though. I guess Tink could have been sending kills up to this point, but it doesn't seem likely to me.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:51 pm
the thread title didn't get updated to show 'Night 5' when you posted

plz 4giv
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DFaraday wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:53 pm
We've been getting kills every night up until now though. I guess Tink could have been sending kills up to this point, but it doesn't seem likely to me.
i'm not sure who's ISO i was looking at when I said Dizzy had posted up until now. i may as well be drunk.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Quin wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:59 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:51 pm
the thread title didn't get updated to show 'Night 5' when you posted

plz 4giv
rule out boo in some hypothetical where the baddies missed a kill as well k

ill stop embarrassing myself now
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 171

Post by G-Man »

I'm not sure I buy it. With a game this chock full of participation issues, it's not a stretch at all to think the baddies might abstain from using their kill to try and trick us into focusing elsewhere.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Quin wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:37 pm I recall a lot of mechanics talk by Luffy in the beginning of ASOUE, and he was town. I don't think it's odd for him.
Ah this definitely influences my read a little.

So if he has form in this area it's possible to analyse a little deeper this game vs. that to see if there are inconsistencies in his approach.

On top of that, I'd be interested to see if there are examples of him being Mafia and doing that before.

But, it really just forms a part of the read. It doesn't deconstruct it, definitely lends more doubt.

On another note. No kill can mean a lot of things, but it certainly does lend credibility to the idea that we have inactive Mafia. Would definitely explore who was not around at night, but as mentioned it is a not commonly used, but used, Mafia tactic to intentionally withhold a kill. I have done it a couple of times before. They do have a fairly good window to end game here though so choosing not to take out a civvie here would be an unusual decision.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I think most likely scenario is a miss. Possibly whoever is Mew has a protection ability of some kind.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Quin wrote:Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:37 pm I recall a lot of mechanics talk by Luffy in the beginning of ASOUE, and he was town. I don't think it's odd for him.
I'm a tournament pokemon player.

Im having a field day with this game.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

The actions of mafia are full of manipulation and lies.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:30 am
Quin wrote:Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:37 pm I recall a lot of mechanics talk by Luffy in the beginning of ASOUE, and he was town. I don't think it's odd for him.
I'm a tournament pokemon player.

Im having a field day with this game.
Speaking of which, when will the next VGC format be announced?

@Domoquin, have you finished forming a read of me? Do you have any questions? what do you think?

I'm still down for murking the ever-missing Dizzy. This shit's getting ridiculous.
Image Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Dyslexicon »

Fuck.

Sorry. I blocked this game out of my consciousness.
*slaps self*
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Thought this game would be over by now actually. o.o
Lol.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Holy fuck
Image Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:29 amHoly fuck
You speak the truth.
Could you please give me some bullet points of what has happened this game? *continues to slap self*

Return to “Previous Side Missions”