Lugia (The Hosts, the Non, the Dead)
73%

Total votes: 15
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 145

Re: Pokemon Mafia [Day 7]

Post by DrWilgy »

Quin wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:16 pm Wilgy is giving me baddie Quin Mad Max vibes, his openness that he doesn't care about the alternatives while his preference is still alive was my shtick. It is scary.

@Wilgy, you're trying to lynch a low poster in Dizzy while Tink is much less active than he is. Am I missing something? What's up?
I don't know what you meam by that Quin. I was mislynched in madmax rivht as I became active.

With Dizzy, I have literally nothing keeping me from going "this persons not bad." I have nothing on Dizzy other than "Hahaha, look how inactive I am." And I dont get how we tolerate that kind of play.

With Tink, for them to be bad, the day we lynched Sprityo we would've had 2 baddies tied up. I don't think that's the case. Also, Eloh seemed very sure Tink was civ.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I voted for G-Man, he's my hardest scum read. I do feel kinda burnt that I'm going to be lynched before Dizzy, I feel like I've put too much effort into the game for that.

The fact that our discussion ended on a "haha I'm having a shit game" claim G-Man and your non inquisitive "this person can be bad, but I'll limit my questioning" really makes me think you aren't hunting, rather your sitting back as an observer.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Quin »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:22 pm
Quin wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:16 pm Wilgy is giving me baddie Quin Mad Max vibes, his openness that he doesn't care about the alternatives while his preference is still alive was my shtick. It is scary.

@Wilgy, you're trying to lynch a low poster in Dizzy while Tink is much less active than he is. Am I missing something? What's up?
I don't know what you meam by that Quin. I was mislynched in madmax rivht as I became active.

With Dizzy, I have literally nothing keeping me from going "this persons not bad." I have nothing on Dizzy other than "Hahaha, look how inactive I am." And I dont get how we tolerate that kind of play.

With Tink, for them to be bad, the day we lynched Sprityo we would've had 2 baddies tied up. I don't think that's the case. Also, Eloh seemed very sure Tink was civ.
I'm just saying that your approach to lynching Dizzy is similar to how I was hellbent on lynching Dom, and only Dom, in Mad Max.

Fair enough with Tink, but I don't think Tink should be cleared just because it would have meant two baddies tied up. What makes her look good, which I keep forgetting, is that sprityo was lynched over Tink in a tie situation, and that would be a very silly scum strategy if they're both bad.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I find myself at a crossroads.
- I can see value in lynching DF, while I'm not super suspicious of him.
- I see the most value in eliminating Dizzy.
- I'd like to lynch G-Man

:ponder:
Image Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:36 pm I find myself at a crossroads.
- I can see value in lynching DF, while I'm not super suspicious of him.
- I see the most value in eliminating Dizzy.
- I'd like to lynch G-Man

:ponder:
But you'll vote self-pres in the end, no?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Idk, it's like I said, I'm kinda burnt. I may take a mafia break after Nightvale. May vote who I'm finding suspect and just end my suffering.
Image Image Image
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 171

Post by G-Man »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:27 pm I voted for G-Man, he's my hardest scum read. I do feel kinda burnt that I'm going to be lynched before Dizzy, I feel like I've put too much effort into the game for that.

The fact that our discussion ended on a "haha I'm having a shit game" claim G-Man and your non inquisitive "this person can be bad, but I'll limit my questioning" really makes me think you aren't hunting, rather your sitting back as an observer.
I never mean to walk away from the game when I do. Mafia is my mistress and sometimes you have to ditch the mistress suddenly to avoid being caught. Weekends are perilous like that. :rolleyes:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

G-Man wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:45 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:27 pm I voted for G-Man, he's my hardest scum read. I do feel kinda burnt that I'm going to be lynched before Dizzy, I feel like I've put too much effort into the game for that.

I never mean to walk away from the game when I do. Mafia is my mistress and sometimes you have to ditch the mistress suddenly to avoid being caught. Weekends are perilous like that. :rolleyes:
It's more than just this one event, it was similar when you voted Eloh.
Image Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

CFD on Neverwhere, peeps? Got nothing at all to say about him. He and G-Man, maybe Dizzy are all on the PoE list I hate so much.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Not particularly happy about a Wilgy lynch. His latest posts make me feel good. 'Tis some genuine stuff. I don't want to risk another missed lynch in DF and my G-Man lynch isn't going to happen, but I think I can get more out of him with some time anyway. Everyone else I have a civilian argument for. Thus, Neverwhere or Dizzy.
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Quin wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:56 pm Not particularly happy about a Wilgy lynch. His latest posts make me feel good. 'Tis some genuine stuff. I don't want to risk another missed lynch in DF and my G-Man lynch isn't going to happen, but I think I can get more out of him with some time anyway. Everyone else I have a civilian argument for. Thus, Neverwhere or Dizzy.
I voted for self pres. I want to see G-Man lynched vefore me.
Image Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:58 pm
Quin wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:56 pm Not particularly happy about a Wilgy lynch. His latest posts make me feel good. 'Tis some genuine stuff. I don't want to risk another missed lynch in DF and my G-Man lynch isn't going to happen, but I think I can get more out of him with some time anyway. Everyone else I have a civilian argument for. Thus, Neverwhere or Dizzy.
I voted for self pres. I want to see G-Man lynched vefore me.
Would both you and G-Man vote for either of my two? No ties.
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Dizzy, always, idk if we have the time for that.
Image Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Voted Dizzy.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Guess not.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 56

Re: Pokemon Mafia [Polls]

Post by Epignosis »

Squirtle Met Moaning Myrtle. Why?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:00 pmPlease note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.

boo
No votes

Voters: None

DFaraday
21%

Voters: boo, Dragon D. Luffy, DrWilgy

Dragon D. Luffy
No votes

Dyslexicon
7%

Voters: Quin

DrWilgy
21%

Voters: G-Man, Neverwhere, DFaraday

G-Man
No votes

Neverwhere
No votes

Quin
No votes

Tink
No votes

James (The Hosts, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Voters: JaggedJimmyJay, MacDougall, Epignosis, sprityo, Fredwood, nutella, Jackofhearts2005

Total votes: 14
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Epignosis »

DFaraday has been lynched.

He was Gengar.

It is now Night 7.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

well hot dog
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I'll refresh my spreadsheet in the morning. BIH Faraday.

We just bought ourselves extra time and margin for error. Good night all.
My Banners:
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by DFaraday »

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Bye DF.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Too many possibilities for who should go next.

I'd say this NK will at least be helpful in that regard, but... I think they'll flub it again tbh. I have a good feeling we'll make it through or just lose an inactive.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Ddl and tink are the only two I'll add to ruling out beyond myself. But even for them... I dunno. The fact there's no obvious action from the indie makes me say it isn't an LMS, but I have no idea what to expect for that win con, and I don't know if it's at odds with the civs. I'd rather hunt down the last baddie and see if that ends it though, for sure. If it doesn't... I'd come back to them. But for now.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

I'm inclined to lynch the non-tink inactives, since my suspicion for a while has been the third member would be in that group.

Dom was my best guess. Quin hasn't made me feel good, and while not an inactive... I think we should start there probably.

Then I'd have to go over neverwhere and dizzy to say if i lean one way or the other if quin didn't pan out. But I'll get a look over them before tomorrow anyways, and maybe there will be something that makes them seem like a better choice than quin.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

If Wilgy is a civ, Gman and Never look terrible from the last lynch.

I want to lynch Never.

Also holy shit Gengar. Mafia surely has been feeding each other powers.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Never did vote for DF in the previous night tho.

But where they already expecting to have DF survive the lynch? That is critical here.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Tink wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:57 am When Inkay evolves, he's very powerful and he basically can trance people to do what he wants, like maybe stop people from lynching him. :ponder:
Id be more worried if his ability was Contrary, not Trance.

I can think of a lot of powerful ways Id interpret that one.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Or is this Trance something other than an ability name.

Havent watched the anime in ages...
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

G-Man wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:53 pm I've got a question for DDL, since he's knowledgeable in Pokemon. You theorized that the types might somehow determine tiebreakers in lynches. Check your fancy Poke-Chart and tell me if this jives.

On Day 1, three people tied for first place. They were Jack, Tony, and Timmer. Tony was lynched and flipped Gible. Jack flipped Charmander and Timmer flipped Bulbasaur.

If you put Gible, Charmander, and Bulbasaur together in Thunderdome, does Gible lose?

Also, on Day 2, Timmer and Boo were tied. Timmer was Bulbasaur. The following base Pokemon are still alive (though some have probably evolved by now): Pidgey, Snover, Torchic, Igglybuff, Riolu, Mew, Inkay, Gastly, Mewtwo. Assuming Boo was still his base Pokemon at the time, which of those base Pokemon could have beaten Bulbasaur?

Apply the same scenario to Day 3 when we got Sprityo. Sprityo was Meowth. He tied with Tink and lost. Which of the base Pokemon left could have beaten Meowth?
Actually what I was theorizing was that types could affect how abilities worked on each player. Dont remember the tiebreaker thing. Though it is an interesting idea.

(And I know that whole chart by memory, no need to check :keys: )

As for the questions:

Gible beats Charmander. Charmander beats Bulbasaur. Gible ties with Bulbasaur. So I'd bet on Gible winning.

All of those except Igglybuff (grass kind of sucks)

Torchic, Riolu, Gastly.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Though Gastly vs Meowth is more like a neutral one since they are immune to each other. Maybe scratch that one.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Quin wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:54 pm CFD on Neverwhere, peeps? Got nothing at all to say about him. He and G-Man, maybe Dizzy are all on the PoE list I hate so much.
Add this to the list of people who looked bad last night.

Specially since in the previous night, Quin was the last one to vote DF.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

boo wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:09 am Ddl and tink are the only two I'll add to ruling out beyond myself. But even for them... I dunno. The fact there's no obvious action from the indie makes me say it isn't an LMS, but I have no idea what to expect for that win con, and I don't know if it's at odds with the civs. I'd rather hunt down the last baddie and see if that ends it though, for sure. If it doesn't... I'd come back to them. But for now.
What if

It's an LMS and they can only kill if all mafia are eliminated.

Ive seen this before in a game from Epi.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

It's currently 6v1v1. Tomorrow it will likely be 5v1v1.

I'm going to look at any lists made by DFaraday and see if we can cross-reference them with Sprityo to find their teammate.
My Banners:
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Dyslexicon »

Lol, I gave DF at least one point thingy. Maybe two, don't remember. >_>

Town VIP. NÆT.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:35 am
Quin wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:54 pm CFD on Neverwhere, peeps? Got nothing at all to say about him. He and G-Man, maybe Dizzy are all on the PoE list I hate so much.

And DF didn't die. An unnecessary aversion to lynching a teammate if I'm bad.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Quin wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:24 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:35 am

And DF didn't die. An unnecessary aversion to lynching a teammate if I'm bad.
Sorry, you didn't get it.

The post I quoted was the reason you are suspicious.

The last sentence I wrote was to defuse any possible "but I voted DF!" argument.

If you are bad, voting DF then is a pretty meaningless act. It doesn't help you but neither costs you anything.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:48 am Lol, I gave DF at least one point thingy. Maybe two, don't remember. >_>

Town VIP. NÆT.
Does Epi ever use jesters in his games?

Because this is ridiculous.

If you are busy at least say so, but what you are doing is tasteless and downright disrespectful to the people playing the game.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:17 am
Tink wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:57 am When Inkay evolves, he's very powerful and he basically can trance people to do what he wants, like maybe stop people from lynching him. :ponder:
Id be more worried if his ability was Contrary, not Trance.

I can think of a lot of powerful ways Id interpret that one.
Considering Trance isn't an ability or move, my only thoughts that make me think this is the case is Inkay-Malamar's signature move "Topsy-Turvy" or Hypnosis.

Contrary Superpower Malamar best Malamar. No status bs.
Image Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

If I was making a pokemon mafia game I'd go wild with abilities. Some of them are so trollish. :feb:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I just lost a match to a Minimize, Z-Stockpile Muk who used Power of Alchemy to copy boosts from its Moody Smeargle partner.

The sky is the limit for trolling in this game.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

ISO'ing DFaraday reveals a revolving list of suspicions. One thing that stands out is a pretty consistent civ read on Boo. I need to pull out all his lists and put them in one post for us to pick apart.
My Banners:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm not lynching Boo unless it's lylo with three players and the other one is a revived civ.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:16 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:48 am Lol, I gave DF at least one point thingy. Maybe two, don't remember. >_>

Town VIP. NÆT.

If you are busy at least say so, but what you are doing is tasteless and downright disrespectful to the people playing the game.
Um. Sorry. I don't mean to be disrespectful. I think it was obvious that I'm extremely busy.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I am not interested in lynching Boo either. DFaraday was probably laying the foundation for an 'I told you so' in case we came back around on Boo after the Day 2 vote. Faraday voted for Boo on Day 2, which makes his later civ reads strange but not necessarily teamwork indicative. No reason whatsoever to make a cred grab that early when the civvies are flailing.
My Banners:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:21 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:16 am

Town VIP. NÆT.

Um. Sorry. I don't mean to be disrespectful. I think it was obvious that I'm extremely busy.
It's cool. I think I overreacted a little too. Sorry.
Neverwhere
The Mark
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Neverwhere »

I need to go ISO , but wasn't boo the one gunning for Faraday? It wouldn't make any sense if they were team mates.

I'm not mafia, i'm just really fucking busy. I'm sorry, my contribution to this game wasn't what I wanted it to be.

I'm feeling better about Wilgy, reading him more civ now.

Need to go back and ISO Faraday and Sprit.
Neverwhere
The Mark
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Neverwhere »

Ok, so ISO DFaraday and Sprityo wound up being very interesting.

Sprityo claimed almost immidiately on night 1 to have a gut trust of DDL. Day 3 he has him on civ read and then proceeds to put DFaraday and DDL in a list on their own as civ reads and most prominent members following it up with rather lynching Dr Wilgy, boo, Quin, Dyslexicon, Eloh and Gman. Quite a long list and very suspect civ list. I felt like there was consistent defense of DDL.

DFaraday put DDL in civ list Day 0.
Night 2 was very defensive of Gman.

day 5 Gunning for Wilgy, mentions DDL in passing, possibly just to draw attention away from the fact he could be the remaining group member?

Day 7 -- Accuses myself and Wilgy quite strongly of being the remaining mafia members.

DFaraday defended Gman a lot and barely mentioned DDL.

After that, I feel like Gman and DDL stand out the most but out of the two I think Dragon D Luffy could be the remaining mafia member. Needto go back and ISO him next, but I think Id put my vote there.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I'm feeling much better about Wilgy after Faraday's flip as well. Faraday voted for Wilgy three days in a row, two of which saw Wilgy in jeopardy or close to it. Again, at that stage in the game, it's not to the baddies' advantage to try to bus a teammate. Having two baddies alive mid and late-game is the way to go.

Also, while Wilgy did a little of the "fine, lynch me!" pout thing Day 7, he came back after kicking the sandcastle down. He didn't just fume off and not come back. That means he's not willing to give up.

I also come back to what I said about Jack's death being an unforced error by the baddies. Perhaps Sprityo has played enough with Jack to be nervous of his civ game. If Faraday was as spotty in BTSC as he was in the game, then that helps me believe that Sprityo didn't have consistent discourse with his teammates.

If Wilgy were a baddie, I can see him talking Sprityo out of killing Jack. Wilgy has gone up against Jimmy and Epi enough times to know that you don't have to kill the super-civs right out of the gate. Sprityo either didn't have anyone around to bounce his Jack kill off of or he was able to convince a teammate who wasn't as engaged or concerned about such things.

That leaves me with Boo, Tink, and Wilgy in the Cautiously Trust column moving forward. That leaves DDL, Dyslexicon, Neverwhere, and Quin to sort out in my head.
My Banners:
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Gee, you jerks want to quit saying you have no interest in lynching me? With how uncreative these NKs have been, you're covering me in bright red paint with this stuff.

Or I'm baiting the baddie into targeting me cause you ain't gonna get me anyways?

Or it's the first and also the second?

Or neither?

Anyone else want some wine, drinking all alone is lonely.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I think we're actually doing what we're supposed to do- discussing things and narrowing down our suspicions. It sure beats voting at the start of the day and going AWOL until after the lynch post. ;)

Besides, we all know the baddies are going to try to kill an active player. You already had a target on your back for having posted more than Tink and voting more than Dyslexicon.
My Banners:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”