JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: 2018 Syndicate Mafia [Day 2]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dr.Wilgy: JaggedJimmyJay

JaggedJimmyJay: Yes, it is always a solid bet that I am the darkest and purest of greens. :noble:

JaggedJimmyJay: How incredibly rude.

JaggedJimmyJay: What a rollercoaster. But anyway you're dead.

DrWilgy has been lynched. He was:

Spoiler: show
Long Con, a vanilla civilian

It is Night 2. You have just under 22 hours (until 9 PM EST) to send me any night actions. The thread remains open.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar?
Poll ended at Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:46 pm
Please note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.

Dom
8%
Voters: Epignósis
DrWilgy
23%
Voters: Dôm, Vompattï, Mármot
Epignosis
No votes
Voters: None
Glorfindel
No votes
Golden
15%
Voters: Dr.Wilgy, Glōrfindel
MacDougall
No votes
Marmot
8%
Voters: MacDöugall
Vompatti
No votes
No lynch
No votes
That thing people click on if they want to snoop on the game
46%
Voters: Spacedaisy, Scotty, dunya, JaggedJimmyJay, Sloonei, insertnamehere
Total votes: 13
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 24

Re: 2018 Syndicate Mafia [Night 2]

Post by Celeste »

What in the literal hell happened in here last night?

:disappoint:
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Chuck »

Epignósis wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:40 am What in the literal hell happened in here last night?

:disappoint:
:srsnod:

It may be the obvious answer, but in my opinion, Marmot looks bad on yesterday's lynch. I asked again and again for him to explain his reasons for suspecting master doctor wilgy, but all he said was that the good doc looked disingenuous.

I am beginning to not like that word.

Marmot explained that Wilgy was suspecting the same people as him, but also suspected him. I don't see why that is a problem. :shrug2:

I'm not sure about Dom. I'll need to look at him. Vom patti... Who knows why he voted.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

What the fuck does 'disingenuous' even mean in a sock game where everything can be skewed by meta roleplay?
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Lunatella »

Lunalee
nutella
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Lunatella »

Mármot wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:24 pm
Glōrfindel wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:13 amI appreciate the trust, master Marmot. I also appreciate the sentiment from Wilgy, and Epi, and everyone else who townreads me. You are all good friends. But I worry that one of you is a wolf in sheep's clothing, buddying me. I don't want to get caught up in a town core this early in the game. It might end with me being swayed, and I don't trust all of your town core just yet. It's only day two.
You have my post about why I think the three are town. Do you disagree with any of those specific reasons?
MacDöugall wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:15 amThe guy jumped on the Jimmy wagon for no reason even tho he said Golden was off and now he's gone right back to the Golden well. He's taking easy lynches.
Since when were Jay and Golden easy lynches?

Besides which, Jay was lynched by a single vote over me. I had no votes before I made that vote. And yet, I don't regret it, know why? before that point content in this thread was shit and then we got some actual good stuff with decent voting analysis. I've got no problem putting my neck on the line for science. :beer:

I asked you a question. You didn't answer it, just skittled me. Why?
Since day 1 and day 2

this thread is still shit and I would like to know what actual good stuff [citation needed] you found.

and I orange skittled origami

You are a red skittle :srsnod:
Lunalee
nutella
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDöugall: I don't do rainbow lists.

JaggedJimmyJay: You clearly distribute Skittles, and that might as well be the same thing.

MacDöugall: I don't distribute shit. That's MacDougall.

JaggedJimmyJay: It's okay to admit that you wanted to do it. You posted a rainbow in the Warden sock too. It's not a well-kept secret. You should just post rainbow lists freely. Nobody will judge you.

MacDöugall: Kiss my ass.

MacDougall was killed. He was Epignosis, a vanilla civilian

Day 3 begins now and will last 48 hours.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Epignosis »

MacDöugall wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:17 pm Image
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Spacedaisy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:03 pm MacDöugall: I don't do rainbow lists.

JaggedJimmyJay: You clearly distribute Skittles, and that might as well be the same thing.

MacDöugall: I don't distribute shit. That's MacDougall.

JaggedJimmyJay: It's okay to admit that you wanted to do it. You posted a rainbow in the Warden sock too. It's not a well-kept secret. You should just post rainbow lists freely. Nobody will judge you.

MacDöugall: Kiss my ass.

MacDougall was killed. He was Epignosis, a vanilla civilian

Day 3 begins now and will last 48 hours.
:haha:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 29
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Re: 2018 Syndicate Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Julinook »

This is probably lylo, so I'm going to start shedding roleplay and get down to business. Jay cares about balance, and his ration of baddies to civilians in a vanilla-heavy closed setup is 2 to 8 (see Jay's balance worksheet), so I think we can assume two baddies.

There aren't so many people trying in this game. We're lucky everyone who is gone is vanilla, but there is no guarantee everyone is vanilla. Perhaps some people actually have a clue based on abilities. If so, it's time to claim. I don't.

I'll eat my hat if Epignosis is bad. OK, no, I won't stoop to hat eating, but I'd be very surprised. I gave him a free pass to lynch a townie Jay and he attempted to start a counterwagon on me instead. That's heavy town stuff.

I think Dom's behaviour and discussion at end of game yesterday indicates good, but I'd be willing to hear an argument to the contrary. Seriously though, Dom is about the only person other than me who has really tried to solve the game.

I want people to note this about me...

I'm asking people questions that they aren't responding to.
I'm offering lynch options that people aren't discussing.
Sometimes I feel like the only person who is trying to solve the game.

Glorfindel, Vompatti, Golden. I don't think we will win unless the baddies are within that group.

I should have lynched golden twice now, but I have to admit I fell into the trap of believing DrWilgy was Rico and I judged him on that basis. If I'd realised it was Long Con I would have had a different reaction.

Golden

Zero meaningful content, despite picking golden. I haven't liked this from the start and still don't now. Why pick a Supatown player if you don't intend to Supatown? The lack of content *feels* like someone who is laying low. But I admit I get this feeling in the same way I did with DrWilgy, and he was good. Both were phoning it in. Golden is worse.

I'm not kicking myself for lynching DrWilgy, but I'm still annoyed I'm gone off voting golden twice now.

Vompatti

Vompatti has successfully contributed nothing of meaning to the game. This is accurate roleplaying, however I'd like to see Vompatti shed his skin and say something meaningful today. His vote for me on day one would be a better look if I knew when it happened. His vote for Wilgy happened early and was fairly meaningless. There's nothing here to indicate he's good, I want him to step it up.

Glorfindel

I was secretly hoping Glorfindel was nightkilled because it would eliminate my tinfoil read. I thought that if he wasn't bad, they might kill him to set me up. That didn't happen, and now I have to work through my feelings.

I liked Glorfindel's early content because he was one of the few pointing out that we needed to focus on substance, not meta. Almost everyone has been focused on meta, and I don't think it has no place in the conversation, but it's place is certainly not at front and centre.

I really disliked Glorfindel's content in the last phase of day 2.

First there is this post:
Glōrfindel wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:13 am
Mármot wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:28 am Voting [VOTE: golden] aubergine
Mármot wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:23 pmnoone asks for a supatown role without intending to deliver if town.
Guaranteed bad guy right there.

Besides, I liked dom's entry just then. That's the dom I know and trust. Town dom. Scratching dom from the list today. I trust dom, epignosis and glorfindel. That's a good town core right there.
I appreciate the trust, master Marmot. I also appreciate the sentiment from Wilgy, and Epi, and everyone else who townreads me. You are all good friends. But I worry that one of you is a wolf in sheep's clothing, buddying me. I don't want to get caught up in a town core this early in the game. It might end with me being swayed, and I don't trust all of your town core just yet. It's only day two.
Vompattï wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:43 pm I checked myself last night. Turns out I'm good. :beer:
Stop pretending to be me, k? Marmots are expensive in Finland.

Wilgy's 'case' on me is selective and terrible. He's doing a really good job of roleplaying ricochet. I pretty much hate that his rainbow list is literally identical to mine and yet he sees me as bad. That's some disingenuous shit right there.

Golden/Wilgy. Game solved :beer:

MacDougall, do you like origami?
Is disingenuous bad? And why? I don't disagree with your reads, but the two scumreads here are easy choices. Sorry, but I'm not ready to condemn the low off-topic poster and the rainbow lister. They are easy targets that don't talk.

If a big talker was scum, who would it be? And what do you think of Vompatti or Macdougall?
Even at the time, this made me uneasy. Glorfindel is saying he won't trust my list but not saying who he doesn't trust or why and not engaging in my reasons for reading them as town. This was the first time I had any doubt in my town read of glorf.

I note the two extracts I've highlighted in red for comparison to later posts.

I didn't answer those questions at the bottom at the time, because even then my answer was that if one of those big talkers was bad it would be glorf, and that Vompatti and MacDougall were targets that were absolutely just as easy as Golden and Wilgy, but that I was actually providing active reasons for golden and wilgy being bad. As for 'is disingenuous bad' - yes. If you're lying about your read, you are bad, and frankly this question doesn't even need answering because it's ridiculous. Literally in saying disingenuous I'm saying 'Wilgy is lying about his read of me' - I don't understand how the question 'is this bad' even makes sense. It's meaningless. Anyway, that was just an initial feeling... it felt like glorf was being oppositional for the sake of being oppositional. Anyway, that's just the start of my point...
Glōrfindel wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:18 am I think I know who is under Dom's skin suit and I think they are town in that light.

I will vote for Golden.

[VOTE: Golden] aubergine
Not but two posts and five minutes later, Glorfindel votes for someone that he has just said he is 'not ready to condemn'.

Then, towards the end of the phase, we got this (note, Glorfindel's vote is still on Golden)...
Glōrfindel wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:41 pm I have arrived with 5 minutes to spare, my friends
Glōrfindel wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:43 pm I will not argue with this tie.
Earlier in the day he criticised be for these two being the targets and wanted to widen things. But with a pretty close thing on the table, his vote on golden and me clearly saying my vote was up in the air... he's completely comfortable with the tie. And then this:
Glōrfindel wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:46 pm Oh, this isn't a tie. My apologies.

I am not really seeing why the good doctor's disingenuity makes him a baddie, but I trust 2/3 of the people that want to lynch him. I guess this was fated.
Wilgy had three votes, glorfindel's vote was on golden with two, and I was there saying I wasn't opposed to a vote for golden. And yet he still simultaneously demonstrates neither the belief that Wilgy is bad nor the suggestion that I should change back to golden. In fact, he is comfortable with it.

I suggest this behaviour makes perfect sense as a baddie - whether partners with golden or not.

Now this:
Glōrfindel wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:44 pm It may be the obvious answer, but in my opinion, Marmot looks bad on yesterday's lynch. I asked again and again for him to explain his reasons for suspecting master doctor wilgy, but all he said was that the good doc looked disingenuous.

Marmot explained that Wilgy was suspecting the same people as him, but also suspected him. I don't see why that is a problem. :shrug2:
Glorfindel asked me exactly once to describe my reasons, even though I already had. Apparently his complete ambivalence and non-effort at the end of the previous phase to convince me to vote golden instead of wilgy when I was saying I could go either way at the very same time equates to the same thing as 'asking me again and again'. Nah, you don't get to have it both ways. It's almost like he didn't want me to flip to golden in the moment but then wanted to hang me for it afterwards.

So Glorfindel goes from oppositional during the substantive phase to suddenly passive and compliant at phase end to oppositional again in the next phase...

That progression really bothers me.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

If Glorfindel is scum then I think we’re fucked and I need to take a break for letting myself get played so hard. I’ll go back and see if I read him the same way you do but, for right now, I just don’t see it. More on the rest of you in a bit.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Mármot wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:25 am This is probably lylo, so I'm going to start shedding roleplay and get down to business. Jay cares about balance, and his ration of baddies to civilians in a vanilla-heavy closed setup is 2 to 8 (see Jay's balance worksheet), so I think we can assume two baddies.
Alright, fine. Screw roleplay for a moment here.

It's Mylo if there are two scum, not lylo.

I am the 2-shot doctor. My target night one was Marmot. My target night 2 was myself, as I thought that I looked pretty darn towny. I should have accounted for role-players who are playing strong town leaders. I have wasted my role, and I'm sorry about that, but at least we know what world we are in.

I'm not used to games this small. I was genuinely leery of setting up a town core this early, because if we put a scum in there, it's a guaranteed loss. I see now, in a game this size, that you have to make some assumptions to get anywhere. It's a guaranteed loss if we don't POE the heck out of everything anyway.

On that note, I'm glad we lost Wilgy of all the townfolk to lose. This game is full of people roleplaying low posters, and I'll admit that I was one of them, in a way. That is over with. I'm going right back to "content spewer" right now, and while I'll keep roleplaying the necessities for Glorfindel, I'm withdrawing from the niceties.

It's hard to scumhunt while playing as Glorfindel, the nicest person to ever live. I'd like to introduce myself as Ghoulfinder, a clone of glorf with just as much honesty (I can keep my roleplaying badge) and a healthy dose of aggravation and aggression. Let's see what we can do today.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Mármot wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:25 am Glorfindel

I was secretly hoping Glorfindel was nightkilled because it would eliminate my tinfoil read. I thought that if he wasn't bad, they might kill him to set me up. That didn't happen, and now I have to work through my feelings.
It was impossible to nightkill me, I think Unless the role matrix includes a piercer. I'd have to look.
I liked Glorfindel's early content because he was one of the few pointing out that we needed to focus on substance, not meta. Almost everyone has been focused on meta, and I don't think it has no place in the conversation, but it's place is certainly not at front and centre.

I really disliked Glorfindel's content in the last phase of day 2.

First there is this post:
Glōrfindel wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:13 am
Mármot wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:28 am Voting [VOTE: golden] aubergine
Mármot wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:23 pmnoone asks for a supatown role without intending to deliver if town.
Guaranteed bad guy right there.

Besides, I liked dom's entry just then. That's the dom I know and trust. Town dom. Scratching dom from the list today. I trust dom, epignosis and glorfindel. That's a good town core right there.
I appreciate the trust, master Marmot. I also appreciate the sentiment from Wilgy, and Epi, and everyone else who townreads me. You are all good friends. But I worry that one of you is a wolf in sheep's clothing, buddying me. I don't want to get caught up in a town core this early in the game. It might end with me being swayed, and I don't trust all of your town core just yet. It's only day two.
Vompattï wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:43 pm I checked myself last night. Turns out I'm good. :beer:
Stop pretending to be me, k? Marmots are expensive in Finland.

Wilgy's 'case' on me is selective and terrible. He's doing a really good job of roleplaying ricochet. I pretty much hate that his rainbow list is literally identical to mine and yet he sees me as bad. That's some disingenuous shit right there.

Golden/Wilgy. Game solved :beer:

MacDougall, do you like origami?
Is disingenuous bad? And why? I don't disagree with your reads, but the two scumreads here are easy choices. Sorry, but I'm not ready to condemn the low off-topic poster and the rainbow lister. They are easy targets that don't talk.

If a big talker was scum, who would it be? And what do you think of Vompatti or Macdougall?
Even at the time, this made me uneasy. Glorfindel is saying he won't trust my list but not saying who he doesn't trust or why and not engaging in my reasons for reading them as town. This was the first time I had any doubt in my town read of glorf.
We didn't have a whole lot to go on, and as I said above, I thought accepting a town core this early might be a surefire way to lose. I was wrong. And, for the record, I was most worried about Epi.

I note the two extracts I've highlighted in red for comparison to later posts.

I didn't answer those questions at the bottom at the time, because even then my answer was that if one of those big talkers was bad it would be glorf, and that Vompatti and MacDougall were targets that were absolutely just as easy as Golden and Wilgy, but that I was actually providing active reasons for golden and wilgy being bad. As for 'is disingenuous bad' - yes. If you're lying about your read, you are bad, and frankly this question doesn't even need answering because it's ridiculous. Literally in saying disingenuous I'm saying 'Wilgy is lying about his read of me' - I don't understand how the question 'is this bad' even makes sense. It's meaningless. Anyway, that was just an initial feeling... it felt like glorf was being oppositional for the sake of being oppositional. Anyway, that's just the start of my point...
Okay, here is my biggest mistake, in two parts. I have never used the word disingenuous. I mistook it for dis-ingenious, which apparently isn't a damn word. Meaning un-inventive or un-original. So I was trying to figure out what you meant by that.

Luckily, saying that the reads "aren't original" is close to saying that they are lies, so on to the second part.

Yes, lying about reads makes someone bad. I was partly trying to figure things out. WHY, if Wilgy was lying about his reads, would he choose such a lie? What was wrong with the reads that made it look like lies? It looked like you were expecting him to like you because your reads matched his, which is absolute crap. It's easy for a scum-fake-marmot to fabricate a readlist that follows the general feel of the thread, then call out wilgy. "I have the same reads as you, why am I bad? Your reads must be fake."

And I reckon he could call you out FOR THE SAME THING! "Oh, marmot's reads match mine, except he scumreads me! He's so disingenuous LYING."

It still reads as horseshit, despite the genuineness of the post I am replying to. I'm going to need a better reason here.
Glōrfindel wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:18 am I think I know who is under Dom's skin suit and I think they are town in that light.

I will vote for Golden.

Not but two posts and five minutes later, Glorfindel votes for someone that he has just said he is 'not ready to condemn'.
I was hoping to get more posts in the day phase. I was playing nice glorf, not ready to condemn anyone. I was hoping Golden would get his sorry ass in here.

And for the record, I was wrong about who Dom was. Still think they town though.

Then, towards the end of the phase, we got this (note, Glorfindel's vote is still on Golden)...
Glōrfindel wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:41 pm I have arrived with 5 minutes to spare, my friends
Glōrfindel wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:43 pm I will not argue with this tie.
Earlier in the day he criticised be for these two being the targets and wanted to widen things. But with a pretty close thing on the table, his vote on golden and me clearly saying my vote was up in the air... he's completely comfortable with the tie. And then this:
Glōrfindel wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:46 pm Oh, this isn't a tie. My apologies.

I am not really seeing why the good doctor's disingenuity makes him a baddie, but I trust 2/3 of the people that want to lynch him. I guess this was fated.
Wilgy had three votes, glorfindel's vote was on golden with two, and I was there saying I wasn't opposed to a vote for golden. And yet he still simultaneously demonstrates neither the belief that Wilgy is bad nor the suggestion that I should change back to golden. In fact, he is comfortable with it.
I didn't like the wilgy lynch, but I didn't exactly have a good way to persuade you off of it other than saying "why?"
(Which I further discussed above)

I suggest this behaviour makes perfect sense as a baddie - whether partners with golden or not.

Now this:
Glōrfindel wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:44 pm It may be the obvious answer, but in my opinion, Marmot looks bad on yesterday's lynch. I asked again and again for him to explain his reasons for suspecting master doctor wilgy, but all he said was that the good doc looked disingenuous.

Glorfindel asked me exactly once to describe my reasons, even though I already had. Apparently his complete ambivalence and non-effort at the end of the previous phase to convince me to vote golden instead of wilgy when I was saying I could go either way at the very same time equates to the same thing as 'asking me again and again'. Nah, you don't get to have it both ways. It's almost like he didn't want me to flip to golden in the moment but then wanted to hang me for it afterwards.

So Glorfindel goes from oppositional during the substantive phase to suddenly passive and compliant at phase end to oppositional again in the next phase...
Roleplaying. Trying to be nice. I'm done with that.

That progression really bothers me.
Given that I took the time to explain myself, I'll let you know, I appreciate this post. It has a wealth of content. It's not a bad reason for suspecting me. I don't suspect you for this particular post, and I feel better about the wilgy lynch than I did in the aftermath.

But I am town. Take that with the glorf seal of approval, even if I'm dropping all other aspects of the roleplay. I am a doctor out of syringes.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

I wrote the following down prior to Glorfindel's post. I want to post this and then circle back to Glorfindel's revelations:

The situation we are in bugs me.

[mention]Dôm[/mention] still strikes me as scum but he's not as high on other peoples' radars. That bugs me.

I still can't find a side to fall on with [mention]Mármot[/mention]. At this stage of the game, that bugs me.

[mention]Gólden[/mention] and [mention]Vompattï[/mention] haven't done shit for days and are, at this point, interchangeable, which bugs me.

This game has been too damned quiet and that plays into the hands of the mafia.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

As for Glorfidnel's roleclaim- I see no reason to disbelieve it.

Until Marmot's post circling the net on Glorfindel, Golden, and Vompatti, I don't think any of us was suspicious of Glorfindel. At least no one showed any outward signs of it. If he's scum, why would he lose his shit over Marmot's post and make a claim that is one of the easiest to refute? No, if he's scum, he just snickers and goes about his day.

Now I have to wrap my head around the possible combinations of the remaining four. This is complicated by the fact that neither Golden nor Vompatti seem to give much of a shit about posting. Informed decisions are hard to make when there's so little information.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Gólden wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:58 pm Wilgy-- your zany appearance makes me think you bad!
The odd grammar choice and questionable reasoning in this post make me question things, but I'm not certain those things are alignment indicative.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

I do not believe I will be voting for Marmot today.

My reasoning is as follows.

1. There are two scum. Even IF Marmot happens to be scum (and I keep going back and forth), I know he's got a partner, and it might possibly be Golden.
2. I would rather lose this game to Marmot than to a team of Golden/Vompatti, and I think that no matter what the configuration at least one of the two are scum.

[mention]Epignósis[/mention] Do you disagree?

[mention]Dôm[/mention] Where are you in all this?
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

If you're saying that you'd rather be outwitted than outwaited, then yes, I can agree to that logic. I don't think anyone likes losing that way. It makes the active civvies feel like assholes for cannibalizing each other while the scum team phoned it in.

Choosing between Golden and Vompatti still feels like a coin flip to me though. Neither has much of a breadcrumb trail, which means we have to put our trust in a lot of interpretation. That makes me uneasy. I'm glad we have another day to think about this.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Glorfindel, look at Wilgy's posts in which he decides how to place me. They come after I've given the same reads he does, but all of his reads on me are meta-crap instead of actual content. I did say this at the time. He didn't just have the same reads as me while having me down low, he never even engaged with that fact. Each of my reads had an explanation. Mine was the first of his that had any. So no, it doesn't work both ways.

It also didn't help that he was playing a gimmick. I thought he was Rico, someone who would care about that stuff. If I'd known it was Long Con, I'd have felt differently.

Feeling great about Glorfindel again, and let me just say, go read my post where I gave my reasons for each of the three of you being town, and if you're worried think about the motives behind those statements. The four of us are the four who are trying. Yes, if we're wrong, we're screwed. But to me, there has to be an active reason to see Golden or Vompatti as good before I'd lynch any of the three of you at this point.

And I have to say, the thing that pisses me most off was re-reading that comment from golden about wilgy. I should have realised that was not a team.

Voting golden for now - I've thought this is a baddie from the off, he's been in every team combination I've had.

Please just don't mistake my sudden influx of content for me being particularly bothered about the outcome :beer: I'm still Marmot after all.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

I read through the game thread this morning, trying to be objective in my reading. This afternoon I will read through the thread four more times. Each time I will try to read a different person out of Dom, Golden, Marmot, and Vompatti as bad. We’ll see what that yields.

Anybody else have any thoughts or reflections they’d like to share?
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

I'm sorry I haven't been around as much as I said.

I'm willing to vote for Golden or Vompatti. I'm resigned to the results, whatever they are. Neither player is really playing, and if they are town, we're toasted.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Starting with the easiest ones:

[mention]Gólden[/mention]
Pros: :shrug:

Cons:
Potential soft defense of Dom here:
Gólden wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:58 pm In my experience, Dom is not a player that "chooses" to go after someone. He probes endlessly of anyone.

That quadruple post from Jay seems very uncharacteristic. :p
Potential soft defense of Marmot here:
Gólden wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:44 pm
Glōrfindel wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:57 pm
Dôm wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:24 pm
Glōrfindel wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:05 pm [VOTE: Dunya] aubergine
no you didn't. Why say you did when you didn't?

same question for marmot; he said he was self voting and he didn't. why?

[VOTE: Marmot] aubergine
Sorry, I forgot.

Does Marmot self-vote when bad? In my opinion it doesn't seem like a good move for mafia.
In my experience, it doesn't matter.

Out-of-left-field post that was never elaborated on or followed up by a vote:
Gólden wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:58 pm Wilgy-- your zany appearance makes me think you bad!

Thoughts:
Five posts just isn't enough for me to say anything about him with confidence. I am bothered by those two potential soft defense posts, considering that both of those posts concern players who are still alive and prospective scum. The fact that he didn't vote makes my head hurt because, without any actions to consider, those posts are left to just hang there in the ether. I am trying to ignore the meta factor. Sock-Golden not emulating the real Golden doesn't mean shit and shouldn't be considered at this stage imo.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I disagree that meta doesn’t matter. We chose these socks, we didn’t get them handed to us. You have made a good fist of Epignosis, glorfindels done great, I’ve been my best marmot, dom reads as dom, Mac and jay were good facsimiles, and some people felt wilgy was spot on as well.

The gap between the person who wanted to be golden and what they actually are is meaningful in my opinion. Golden is going to be a harder sock to pull off if they roll bad.

I’m climbing again today, so I won’t be around much. :beer:
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

[mention]Vompattï[/mention]

Pros: One more post than Golden?

Cons: Only one on-topic post. The rest was cryptic meta.
Vompattï wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:15 pm Why wouldn't you vote for me is the real question.
Even still, this post comes after Marmot says he's going to vote for either Golden or Dom. Even then this may be flavored with meta. None of his other posts are directed at anyone, leaving no connections to a potential teammate.

Whoever is behind the sock has done a fine job of erecting a brick wall between him/herself and the rest of us.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Mármot wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:20 pm I disagree that meta doesn’t matter. We chose these socks, we didn’t get them handed to us. You have made a good fist of Epignosis, glorfindels done great, I’ve been my best marmot, dom reads as dom, Mac and jay were good facsimiles, and some people felt wilgy was spot on as well.

The gap between the person who wanted to be golden and what they actually are is meaningful in my opinion. Golden is going to be a harder sock to pull off if they roll bad.

I’m climbing again today, so I won’t be around much. :beer:
You're right in that we selected these socks, but who is to say that sock-Golden had Golden at the top of his or her list? I can see some validity in your assertion that Golden meta might be harder to fake as scum but I still need more empirical evidence than meta hunches to drive my vote. That's why I went back to re-read each of you.

[mention]Mármot[/mention] If Golden flips scum, who is the logical teammate in your mind?
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Addendum to my Vompatti breakdown-

He voted both days, though neither time did he announce his vote in the thread. Day 1 he voted for Marmot. Day 2 he voted for DrWilgy. Are the host posts for the polls reflective of actual vote order? I can't tell if there is anything telling from that in regard to alignment. Again, brick wall.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Epi, I’m in the same boat as glorf. I like reading people as town rather than bad, and I think I have good reasons to read you and glorf good from virtually the very beginning.

So if you’re saying ‘who excluding vompatti’ the answer is dom (there was the ‘just saving myself’ dynamic yesterday that doesn’t preclude it), but dom feels sincere to me and it’s still vompatti by a very long margin to me.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

One thing I’ll note about goldens ‘soft defenses’ is that they are also meta-truths that anyone could say but appear helpful, so they reinforce for me the gap between goldens image and content.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Epignósis wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:38 pm Addendum to my Vompatti breakdown-

He voted both days, though neither time did he announce his vote in the thread. Day 1 he voted for Marmot. Day 2 he voted for DrWilgy. Are the host posts for the polls reflective of actual vote order? I can't tell if there is anything telling from that in regard to alignment. Again, brick wall.
They are not, and I know his vote for me on day one was well before the eod flurry, it was there most of the day. His vote for wilgy was also first, but I don’t know by how much.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I’ll try and be back before eod but no guarantees. Reception is bad up here.

Marmot out.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

My suspicion of Dom began with Jay/Sloonei’s comments on him before he got lynched. My suspicion of Marmot formed out of Mac/Epignosis’s red skittling and subsequent review of actions. Both of those two looks were founded on the opinions of players I respect. If I couldn’t read them as bad beyond those initial opinions, I would have to temper my reliance on trusting the suspicions of Sloonei and Epignosis. I’ve witnessed both of them be quite wrong before enough times to know they’re not perfect.

If the game continues on past this lynch, I’ll lay down more detailed cases on both. For now, I’m out of time because I have company coming over. If we’re going to make this vote between Golden and Vompatti, then I will vote for Golden because hell if I can read anything out of Vompatti. My only misgiving there is that Golden hasn’t voted and Vompatti has. That may not mean anything. I don’t know.

Evening, all. Fingers crossed.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

I'm with you guys.

Echo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Echo »

Everyone,I am so sorry for not giving this the attention it deserved.

I fwwl good about Glorfindel and Marmot, I don't feel actively horrible about Epi, so gonna trust you guys. And Vompjust seems to be low posting which I can relate to.

Echo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Echo »

Oh crap I thought it ended at 9:11, where did I get that idea from?

Sorry Jay, I hate missing votes :(
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Gólden: welp. oh well.

JaggedJimmyJay: Yeah, what can ya do. Bummer dude.

Gólden: mafia is hard

JaggedJimmyJay: Absolutely. It's all good though. This was just a casual game. I hope you enjoyed it!

Gólden: beats getting lynched after playing for a month

Golden has been lynched. He was:

Dom, a vanilla civilian

Vompatti has been killed. He was DrWilgy, a vanilla civilian.

The mafia team has won. Congratulations to Epignosis (G-Man) and Dom (S~V~S)!

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Vote. You know the drill.
Poll ended at Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:03 pm
Please note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.

Dom
No votes
Epignosis
No votes
Glorfindel
No votes
Golden
50%
Voters: Mármot, Glōrfindel, Epignósis
Marmot
No votes
Vompatti
No votes
No lynch
No votes
Host/Fac/NP/Dead/Aliens/Zombies
50%
Voters: Epignosis, JaggedJimmyJay, dunya
Total votes: 6

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Re: 2018 Syndicate Mafia [END]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Final players:

Dom -- Survived, S~V~S, vanilla mafioso
Epignosis -- Survived, G-Man, 1-shot doublevoter
Glorfindel -- Killed at end game, speedchuck, 2-shot doctor
Marmot -- Killed at end game, Golden, vanilla civilian

Dead players:

JaggedJimmyJay -- Lynched on Day 1, Sloonei, vanilla civilian
dunya -- Killed on Night 1, MacDougall, vanilla civilian
DrWilgy -- Lynched on Day 2, Long Con, vanilla civilian
MacDougall - Killed on Night 2, Epignosis, vanilla civilian
Golden -- Lynched on Day 3, Dom, vanilla civilian
Vompatti -- Killed on Night 3, DrWilgy, vanilla civilian

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Day 1
JaggedJimmyJay [Sloonei] lynched

Night 1
Glorfindel [speedchuck] protects Marmot [Golden] (1 of 2)
Dom [S~V~S] kills dunya [MacDougall]

Day 2
DrWilgy [Long Con] lynched

Night 2
Glorfindel [speedchuck] protects himself (2 of 2)
Dom [S~V~S] kills MacDougall [Epignosis]

Day 3
Golden [Dom] lynched

Night 3
Dom [S~V~S] kills Vompatti

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I think this might be my first time ever winning as a baddie. XD

S~V~S, watching you shuck and jive your way out of getting lynched Day 2 was a thing of beauty. It was a pleasure to be mafia with you again.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Golden »

I successfully identified who was behind each sock except gman and long con.

There’s no way we were ever going to win this. Literally the only person who suspected svs was gman and it was wholly unnecessary lol, you had the game on lock.

Town can’t win if they don’t show up.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Golden »

What’s really funny is I was going to pull a ‘unless you’re a coward, you should nk vompatti’ move tonight with no idea the baddie was gman.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Golden wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:37 pm Town can’t win if they don’t show up.
:srsnod:

Mafia had a one-shot doublevoter, we had basically 2 absent townies. Game was at lylo on day 2.

D1
8 v 2 - 6 v 2

D2
6 v 2+doublevote - 4 v 2+doublevote

Not that I'd blame the host. I've won an 8 player game with 2 mafia before. And it's not like I suspected Epi at all, though I have to admit throwing in the towel once I realized Golden/Vompatti were scum or bust.

Dom I thought was Kylemii for some reason. Didn't waste effort trying to guess anyone else.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Golden wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:37 pm I successfully identified who was behind each sock except gman and long con.
Was I obvious before or after I dropped the act?
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The doublevote was disabled during any phase which could end the game -- including 4 vs. 2 with no doctor shots remaining.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Heists”