U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Game Over

Moderator: Community Team

Should U-Pick be an annual special game?

Yes
89%
I suck at life
11%

Total votes: 18
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 116

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Game Over

Post by Lunalee »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:01 am
juliets wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:59 am I'm flattered that you wanted to recruit me
Always.

I can't believe you survived that entire game after my pre-mortem announcement. Truly boggles my mind. I'm pretty used to no one really listening to me, but this situation was a different perspective on the old trope.
If it makes you feel better, Long Con, juliets was my next target if I hadn't been killed.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Spoiler: show
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 116

Post by Lunalee »

sig wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:27 am Oh and I killed luna which is how i knew mafia kill her, still suprised scotty was killed and ddl wasn't.
Ah, so you ended my reign of terror, sig. I was on quite the roll.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

juliets wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:07 am @Dragon D. Luffy why didn't you vote in the last vote? It really had me worried because I was afraid if Kyle was civ we wouldn't be able to count on you to vote with us on the last day. you really kept me guessing. Thanks so much for rescuing me though!
With 4 people there was a chance you guys would have tied it which would have ended the game faster.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Actually I dont know what the poll ended like
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:36 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:07 am @Dragon D. Luffy why didn't you vote in the last vote? It really had me worried because I was afraid if Kyle was civ we wouldn't be able to count on you to vote with us on the last day. you really kept me guessing. Thanks so much for rescuing me though!
With 4 people there was a chance you guys would have tied it which would have ended the game faster.
lol! I guess thats true and it really didn't matter from your perspective who won you would win anyway.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I meant to give a special shout out to [mention]G-Man[/mention] for his exceptionally good Gollum, [mention]Typhoony[/mention] for totally pulling the wool over my eyes and being awesome, [mention]Bullzeye[/mention] for being a crowd favorite, and whoever Karaoke Karl was cause he was cool. Also [mention]wolbre04[/mention] and [mention]Quin[/mention] for never letting me guess it was you.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by G-Man »

juliets wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:51 pm I meant to give a special shout out to @G-Man for his exceptionally good Gollum, @Typhoony for totally pulling the wool over my eyes and being awesome, @Bullzeye for being a crowd favorite, and whoever Karaoke Karl was cause he was cool. Also @wolbre04 and @Quin for never letting me guess it was you.
I was Karaoke Karl as well. Sorry to Mac and the Lost Souls bunch. I got sucked into Easter Mafia and things at work got a little tense, so I didn't have as much time to screw around as Gollum in the game thread or as Karl in the chat.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 296

Post by sig »

Totally agree with juliets! Y'all were amazing, now i can't wait for the ghouls to sign up for a real game again. ;)

Lunalee wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:22 pm
sig wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:27 am Oh and I killed luna which is how i knew mafia kill her, still suprised scotty was killed and ddl wasn't.
Ah, so you ended my reign of terror, sig. I was on quite the roll.
Lol sorry bout that if it's any consolation i really didn't wanna kill you even though I thought you were bad. :p
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 312
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Cool beans. Well played to everyone who has been alive in this game since I lost track of it. Clearly you did the good things.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 282

Post by Golden »

Well played juliets. I'm always in safe hands when I'm on your team.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 296

Post by sig »

Y'all should go sign up for Rico or Speeds game now, I'm having mafia withdraw. :srsnod: :srsnod: :srsnod: :srsnod: :srsnod: :srsnod: :srsnod:
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 517

Post by ColinIsCool »

sig wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:39 pm Y'all should go sign up for Rico or Speeds game now, I'm having mafia withdraw. :srsnod: :srsnod: :srsnod: :srsnod: :srsnod: :srsnod: :srsnod:
Don’t forget the Heist :mafia:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 736

Post by dunya »

juliets wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:51 pm I meant to give a special shout out to @G-Man for his exceptionally good Gollum, @Typhoony for totally pulling the wool over my eyes and being awesome, @Bullzeye for being a crowd favorite, and whoever Karaoke Karl was cause he was cool. Also @wolbre04 and @Quin for never letting me guess it was you.
I second all of this. Also was very nice to meet Typhoony and Bullzeye for the first time for me; they're both really nice and fun dudes. 👌
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

dunya wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:33 pm
I second all of this. Also was very nice to meet Typhoony and Bullzeye for the first time for me; they're both really nice and fun dudes. 👌
Seriously, they're both fantastic and definitely missed in games.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Quin »

i mean i was trying to make it obvious
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Quin wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:26 pm
i mean i was trying to make it obvious
Were you Dom?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 146
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Town really nailed this thing home at the end. Kudos. A few days ago we had nearly a full team still standing.

I just want to be clear that my granny shtick and claims of burnout were not some made up excuse to coast as scum. Mac asked me to replace into this game because Kenway as MIA and the role was best suited for an RYMer. I was the only active RYMer not already signed up for this game, so he specifically asked me if I'd be willing to take the spot. I hesitated because I was in desperate need of a break, so I decided that I'd hop in but that I wasn't gonna take the game too seriously and that I'd just roleplay as something stupid. Then I just happened to draw a scum rolecard independent of all this. My only scumhunting strategy was to look out for people who suspected me on the basis of my gimmicky roleplay, even though they weren't wrong.

Incidentally, my first idea for a generic roleplayable character was Obnoxious Baseball Coach, because I thought it would be funny to speak in baseball euphemisms all game long. Epi proved that right. Then I had a toss up between Grandmother Who is Bad at Computers or 8-year Old Who Loves Pizza and Skateboarding. I posed the question to my teammates before posting in the thread, and Kyle recommended that I combine the two, hence the various references to Tony Hawk and Pizza Huts. I think this was indisputably the best game I've ever played.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Hey sloon, why did you kill Colin instead of juliets that night.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Hey Kyle, why did you kill sig instead of juliets after that 😛
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 394
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:44 pm Town really nailed this thing home at the end. Kudos. A few days ago we had nearly a full team still standing.

I just want to be clear that my granny shtick and claims of burnout were not some made up excuse to coast as scum. Mac asked me to replace into this game because Kenway as MIA and the role was best suited for an RYMer. I was the only active RYMer not already signed up for this game, so he specifically asked me if I'd be willing to take the spot. I hesitated because I was in desperate need of a break, so I decided that I'd hop in but that I wasn't gonna take the game too seriously and that I'd just roleplay as something stupid. Then I just happened to draw a scum rolecard independent of all this. My only scumhunting strategy was to look out for people who suspected me on the basis of my gimmicky roleplay, even though they weren't wrong.

Incidentally, my first idea for a generic roleplayable character was Obnoxious Baseball Coach, because I thought it would be funny to speak in baseball euphemisms all game long. Epi proved that right. Then I had a toss up between Grandmother Who is Bad at Computers or 8-year Old Who Loves Pizza and Skateboarding. I posed the question to my teammates before posting in the thread, and Kyle recommended that I combine the two, hence the various references to Tony Hawk and Pizza Huts. I think this was indisputably the best game I've ever played.
For what it's worth, I enjoyed Grandma Sloonei, but what I'm really hoping for is Grandma Sloonbeard, the scurvy pirate captain what is so proud of Richard for visitin' every Pizza Hut, yarr.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 517

Post by ColinIsCool »

Grandma Sloonei might have been the best role in the game and she wasn’t even real
wolbre04
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 166

Post by wolbre04 »

Will there be a banner for this game lol
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 194
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Yes
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Someone let us know when they are ready please! I will wear this banner with pride!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Why was I dead before Day 2?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 177

Post by MacDougall »

Marmot wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:59 pm Why was I dead before Day 2?
You were the Mafia night kill on night I think.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:00 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:59 pm Why was I dead before Day 2?
You were the Mafia night kill on night I think.
[mention]Mafia[/mention] Why did you kill me? :pout:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 194
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Was that us?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Spacedaisy »

juliets wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:23 am Someone let us know when they are ready please! I will wear this banner with pride!
Working on them now. :)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Here you go folks!

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 312
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

They look great Daisy. :beer:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 204

Post by Epignosis »

Those are clever.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Golden helped me refine an idea I had and it really made the difference. I think my way would have been confusing.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

That might be the only banner I actually use! Lizzy is on it. ;)
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Why do you think I included it? ;) We work hard on these damn banners!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 177

Post by MacDougall »