Outpost 31 {GAME OVER}

Moderator: Community Team

So what did you think?

It was out of this world!
17%
Eh, it wasn't really my thing.
17%
I wanna torch G-Man with a flamethrower.
67%

Total votes: 6
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 65

Re: Outpost 31- DAY 4

Post by Quin »

I'll read Eloh and give thoughts. May as well do something today.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 59

Post by speedchuck »

Quin wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:05 pm I don't think anyone should get a pass for killing poutanko on Night 3.
Nobody should get a pass for anything. We're dealing with a number of serial killers, not an organized team. I'm cool with lynching whoever killed Nova last night too.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 64
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Quin wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:09 pm May as well do something today.
HYPE
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 245

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:06 pm Why not speedchuck DH?
Not feeling quite up to it. Don't really see the case there.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention]

Bunny is friends with me and nova from other sites.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Since mafia kills will be for reasons twofold (one, to kill townies, two, to find teammates), how do we take advantage of the latter? This game encourages scum to rely on their kills more than the lynch, imo. Scum have to hunt but hide their attempts to do so to avoid inadvertently lynching a teammate.

Does this make sense?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Quin wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:31 pm Since mafia kills will be for reasons twofold (one, to kill townies, two, to find teammates), how do we take advantage of the latter? This game encourages scum to rely on their kills more than the lynch, imo. Scum have to hunt but hide their attempts to do so to avoid inadvertently lynching a teammate.

Does this make sense?
Sort of but you might be overthinking it.

Depends on how much scum would want to actually find their teammates. That's how a lot of scum get caught, is teammate interaction. They might be better off not knowing?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:33 pm
Quin wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:31 pm Since mafia kills will be for reasons twofold (one, to kill townies, two, to find teammates), how do we take advantage of the latter? This game encourages scum to rely on their kills more than the lynch, imo. Scum have to hunt but hide their attempts to do so to avoid inadvertently lynching a teammate.

Does this make sense?
Sort of but you might be overthinking it.

Depends on how much scum would want to actually find their teammates. That's how a lot of scum get caught, is teammate interaction. They might be better off not knowing?
I don't doubt the typical active scum doesn't play by those rules. It's just that both kills so far haven't been what I'd expect from scum. Maybe Megaman is clouding me a bit there.
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:08 pm So not burning Colin, DH, Quin due to townreading and probably shouldn't burn Eloh and Wilgy due to not having a clue on them.

So DDL, INH, TH and Speedchuck is probably my lynch pool. I do got that standard DDL suspicion but it isn't enough to jump on.
I'll disagree with you on Colin.

-

I'd recommend getting a clue on Eloh, be it from Quin or from personal observation. She has enough material to look at. I currently have a bit of a scumread on her for meta-read tone, lack of thought process behind presented reads, generally talking to the town and telling them they are doing poorly.
Elohcin wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:08 am I think the focus needs to shift. I think y'all truat those you shouldn't.
Elohcin wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:19 pm just saying...we are losing all civs and the ratio of baddies to civs keeps getting greater.
Like what even are these?

-

I shouldn't be in your lynch pool, and neither should DDL IMO.

I can check in a bit, but I'm about to go home with my wife, watch a movie, and play video games. :beer:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: Outpost 31- DAY 0

Post by Quin »

Elohcin wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:23 pm Hey guys...checking in. Not sure who I'll vote for yet.

I wanted to note, because the kill rotates among the assimilated, they will know how many of theme there are which is an advantage to them. This was probably very clear to everyone but I thought it was worth mentioning.
I gave this an early town-read. I think it was more because I took it as an earnest attempt to deconstruct game mechanics. I maintain it but significantly less than I did at the time. What advantage does knowing how many mafia there are really give the assimilated, besides knowing when their next kill will come around? Word choice here makes it sounds like this knowledge is more valuable than it is.
Elohcin wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:57 am
Lunalee wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:42 am [VOTE: MacDougall] aubergine
because he hasn't shown up yet, so why not?
And what if he ia civ? That's a stupid reason to vote him so soon. Give the guy a chance and go after someone you think is bad. Unless you are bad and are just trying to get rid of people you think could be civ. Maybe that's it
Being Day 1, we know this isn't an attempt at defending a teammate. We can take it as it is, then: Eloh is calling Luna out on her shit. She reacts to DDL's Wilgy vote. Good look.
Elohcin wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:01 am
sprityo wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:08 am @Elohcin would you kindly tell me who you voted for the flamethrower yesterday and today since you avoided that talk all together?

As an aside it looks like a decent amount of people gave Speedchuck their vote yesterday but I can’t recall if people said the same about me. I think I’m the end DH gave me vote #4 or something like that? We should probably make a chart for reference
I ended up voting for speedchuck. I avoided the question on purpose. I wanted to see who would ask me specifically thinking whoever did, may be keeping a spreadsheet. Are you keeping a spreadsheet?
This is an empty gambit. Where were you going with this, Eloh?
Elohcin wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:48 pm
poutanko wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:56 am
Eloh
Went after Luna strongly last DP
"And what if he ia civ? That's a stupid reason to vote him so soon. Give the guy a chance and go after someone you think is bad. Unless you are bad and are just trying to get rid of people you think could be civ. Maybe that's it"
"Not normally. And the weirder thing is that she came in right after you said that and began talking. And in her post, she says she voted Mac bc she didn't know who to vote for. I'm not sure I trust that or her."
"Then luna votes me bc of DHs reasons. I'd be surprised if she is good. I'm voting for her."
"Sure does. I would be surprised if Luna was civ. Everything she says seems so bad"
...only to not vote nor build a case against her this DP Image
Those who town read her, mind explaining how you guys have those read?

I was in bed when Day began. I got up, got my family ready, made some delicious eggs and cinnamon rolls, went to church, came home and made lunch, worked for a few hours, and now I am here. Some people don't ONLY have mafia in their lives. Give me a break. I will get to mafia when I get to it. But, I WILL get to it.
Town post. She lashes out at poutanko, the new player in this game. It carries on in two posts. I think that ethically, scum would put in more of an effort to reign in their impatience at stuff like this when they're talking to new players. Or at least scum Eloh would. I'd say judge for yourself whether you agree with that in reading Eloh.
Elohcin wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:32 pm While I was focused on Luna, I also thought it was weird that INH was actually posting more than 10 words. Could that mean something?
Eloh's whole thing against INH is confusing. I've never known INH to have such lacklustre participation that what he's put out in this game is abnormal. He's certainly not a top poster, but I think Eloh has started down a tunnel here. When I asked her for more info she said it was his content, which I'd like to know more about.
Elohcin wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:08 am I think the focus needs to shift. I think y'all truat those you shouldn't.
It's cryptic on its own, but it's not a standout from her existing content. She already mentioned suspecting DH who has been generally trusted in this game:
Elohcin wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:31 pm For all of you wondering... I've been real with y'all this whole time. My thoughts/posts of luna were not fake. I am not often good with finding mafia. I really thought I had her pegged this time. Now that she turned out bad, I feel like I'm starting over and it seems a bit daunting. I really think nova is just a misguided civ, as I've said before, so I can't go after him. My gut tells me DH is bad and his whole "Do what Negan says" crap felt like a baddie trying to get control of the thread. I didn't mention this back when because I you all seemed to trust and do whatever thr hell he wanted. I may emd up voting for him today. But we'll see. We have time.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:41 pm So each time a kill is missed, it can only be cause scum shot scum right?

So there’s almost an actual mafia at this point.
It could also mean inactive mafia.
Elohcin wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:56 pm I would have probably killed wilgy. He doesn't usually post much or bring a lot to the table. No offense.
This is the most counter-intuitive answer to the question of who one would NK on Night 1. I expect more of mafia than an appeasement to the anti-inactive crowd.
Elohcin wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:55 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:12 am
Such as?
We have 10 players and have yet to catch a bad guy. I am thinking DH and INH for now.

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:56 am Don't know who to vote. I just want the person to have it to use just as a tool for breaking lynch polls tie, and announce it as such. . We could benefit from having a normal day instead of one dude having all the power.
I agree with this. I will vote for nova to get it.
There's a desire for democracy here. Thing is, I don't think Eloh is likely to be given the flamethrower so this could be an attempt to regain some form of control over the poll. Another interpretation is that she wants her voice to matter, but I think this is the first time she implies disagreeing with the whole flamethrower mechanic. Either way this post exists.
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 26

Post by G-Man »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:18 pm Can we get a public clarification on the endgame condition?

Thanks.
I’ll tell you when the game is over.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Since her cryptic string of posts seem to have the most attention right now, I'll put my thoughts in their own post

"I think you trust those you shouldn't"

I think she's referring to DH, who she had already and has continued to suspect in the open.

"We have 10 players left, should lynch INH and DH"

The first bit being a bit empty, but effectively criticism. The second is avenues for discussion, both of which she has not been shy in pursuing.

"Ratio keeps getting greater"

Agree that it's not particularly meaningful.
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: Outpost 31- DAY 3

Post by Turnip Head »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:56 am Don't know who to vote. I just want the person to have it to use just as a tool for breaking lynch polls tie, and announce it as such. . We could benefit from having a normal day instead of one dude having all the power.
Nova was definitely gonna go after Elo today if he had survived and/or got the flamethrower. Elo knew he was suspicious of her but she was townreading him anyways and then here she votes for him to get the flamethrower which is bewildering since he might have used it on her. I think she may have killed him :scared:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:02 pm
Nova was definitely gonna go after Elo today if he had survived and/or got the flamethrower. Elo knew he was suspicious of her but she was townreading him anyways and then here she votes for him to get the flamethrower which is bewildering since he might have used it on her. I think she may have killed him :scared:
nova, a civilian, said he intended to use the flamethrower democratically.

I think you're fear mongering.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

This would've been my first post coming in today if I'd gotten the flamethrower, fyi.

ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Oh cool Quin's awake.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:08 pm Oh cool Quin's awake.
hi
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DDL doesn't have a vote and I want him to know he's on notice, so there.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Quin wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:05 pm

Yeah but he was going to democratically try to get Elo lynched. She's been his top suspect and she was aware of that. I dunno, if Elo is town I'd think she'd say something goofy like "well I ain't giving it to the guy who wants me dead! :p lol", idk, something like that. She played it cool tho.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Home now. Bout to start up movie.

I like Quin's Elohread list. A+ Almost makes me not suspect her at all.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

You think Eloh had control of the kill just as nova was picking up suspicion of her and popularity with regards to the flamethrower pick? Serendipitous.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:38 pm You think Eloh had control of the kill just as nova was picking up suspicion of her and popularity with regards to the flamethrower pick? Serendipitous.
Nova has suspected Elo since pretty much forever ago, what is this "just picking up" nonsense
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:43 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:38 pm You think Eloh had control of the kill just as nova was picking up suspicion of her and popularity with regards to the flamethrower pick? Serendipitous.
Nova has suspected Elo since pretty much forever ago, what is this "just picking up" nonsense
You right fam. Nova cased Eloh D2, my miscalculation.

Ay but you think Eloh got the kill and killed nova just as nova was getting in line for the torch tho?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I mean I think it's possible
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Huge if true.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:34 pm
Quin wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:05 pm

Yeah but he was going to democratically try to get Elo lynched. She's been his top suspect and she was aware of that. I dunno, if Elo is town I'd think she'd say something goofy like "well I ain't giving it to the guy who wants me dead! :p lol", idk, something like that. She played it cool tho.
still think you're fear mongering but ok
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Elohcin »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:00 pm Answer: Nope, Mafia Elohcin is not really more aggressive. But then, this is more of a SK game. And I'm not looking for an indy Eloh for hours.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:25 pm I have no idea what to do with Eloh. Half the time I help mislynch her, it's cause I think there's a slip or she's defending but I'm wrong. Half the time she wins as mafia, I thought she slipped or defended a partner and I let it slide. Like the one time I just tone read her, I thought she was town but I was wrong.

Does Quin actually have a good track record of determining Eloh's alignment? Would it still apply to SK Eloh? I never go back and check these things.
I try not to have a meta. I just try to be honest as possible, believe it or not. It often gets me mislynched, but it doesn't bother me too much.

Between this and Quin's long ISO of me, y'all read too much into me. Seriously, you guys read too deep into what I say. I'm telling you, even as mafia, I am honest 95% of the time. I felt nova was civ and I liked his idea of using the flamethrower as a tie breaker. Otherwise, it gives one guy (possibly a baddie) too much control.
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:43 pm
If I were bad, I would have killed nova already given the chance. (Don't confuse this with my answer to colin (?) About who I'd kill night 1 because he didn't suspect me then.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Okay Elo but to be fair, maybe you didn't have a chance to kill him until last night.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:49 pm Huge if true.
Large if factual
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 110
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Made my decision.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

god i hope its turnip head
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 85

Post by ColinIsCool »

Quin’s recent posts feel forced. Idk I’m drunk at Pf Chang’s
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

ImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 85

Post by ColinIsCool »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:28 pm Quin’s recent posts feel forced. Idk I’m drunk at Pf Chang’s
Like to elaborate it looks as if he came in and thought Well I gotta do some stuff or people will get suspicious and then parroted some talking points about Eloh that had already been raised
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 43

Post by novaselinenever »

rezz plz
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by DrWilgy »

AHHHH I COULDNT GET BACK ON BEFORE EODDDDDD
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by DrWilgy »

I shoulda voted for team Eloh Head...
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 26

Post by G-Man »

--------------------------------

Speedchuck is dead. He was human.

It is now Night 4.

The assimilated's nightkill PM and all votes for Day 5's flamethrower are due by 9:00 pm EST tomorrow night.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Re: Outpost 31- NIGHT 4

Post by Turnip Head »

Ay dios mio
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Alright give me this shit.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I have no idea what to do with it but can't be worse than what we are having.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Or give it back to me.

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

whatever
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Lunalee »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:29 pm whatever
:(
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

If someone wants to stealth-vote me for the flamethrower so I get it after the frontrunner gets merced tonight, that'd be cool.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:05 pm Or give it back to me.
You have my support 110% :grin:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 110
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Ugh.

Sorry, @Speedchuck
DharmaHelper