Outpost 31 {GAME OVER}

Moderator: Community Team

So what did you think?

It was out of this world!
17%
Eh, it wasn't really my thing.
17%
I wanna torch G-Man with a flamethrower.
67%

Total votes: 6
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 70

Re: Outpost 31- NIGHT 4

Post by Elohcin »

The more civs we lose, the more I think I'm right. Can we just stop and think for a minute that the people we think we can trust (whoever that is for each of you) could be that bad guys. What I mean is....maybe we should kind of start from scratch, re-evaluate. Who do you trust most? Vote THAT person.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Not for flamethrower, but in the next day phase.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

How many baddies/indies/whatever do you think we have?
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 245

Post by DharmaHelper »

Elohcin wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:43 am The more civs we lose, the more I think I'm right. Can we just stop and think for a minute that the people we think we can trust (whoever that is for each of you) could be that bad guys. What I mean is....maybe we should kind of start from scratch, re-evaluate. Who do you trust most? Vote THAT person.
Good thing you don't trust me worth shit. Guess I'm safe.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Has INH devolved into a thoughtless creature? Contrary to what Elo said, I'm used to seeing more insight and reasoning from him. He's usually good for a thoughtful observation or two.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Don't forget to vote for your friendly neighborhood Turnip Head tonight. I think I led the most successful lynch, despite the result, as there was a clear majority against my target and I was open about my intentions throughout the day. You can be sure I'll fight hard in my second term to land us a better result.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

That said, I think it would be a good idea to utilize some misdirection in who we are voting for from now on, lest someone gets Nova'd before they get a chance to wield the flames.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:35 am Don't forget to vote for your friendly neighborhood Turnip Head tonight. I think I led the most successful lynch, despite the result, as there was a clear majority against my target and I was open about my intentions throughout the day. You can be sure I'll fight hard in my second term to land us a better result.
Oof no thanks

ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:59 am
Turnip Head wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:35 am Don't forget to vote for your friendly neighborhood Turnip Head tonight. I think I led the most successful lynch, despite the result, as there was a clear majority against my target and I was open about my intentions throughout the day. You can be sure I'll fight hard in my second term to land us a better result.
Oof no thanks
I think the underlined sounds VERY scummy.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

plz?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 110
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

insertnamehere wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:09 am INH'S SHITLIST OF SUSPECTS THAT HE WILL BE LOOKING AT IN THE FUTURE:

Colin
Elo
JoH (i mean what the fuck)
Maybe you should have weighed in yesterday.

Coming into a game criticizing mislynches and other demoralizing behavior is a scum tell imo.

Was it four games in a row I saw scum do that when it brought it up in Mega Man? I was right on DH. Now it’s five games. Or is it six, INH?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

INH’s iso is super short. He has opinions and he has reasoning for his opinions but they’re all pretty surface and mostly two phases old.

Like he’s after me for the Speedchuck burn but he’s made exactly one post about Speed, which was on Day 1. Him silently holding onto this read for three days and making a push based on it feels disingenuous.

His Colin case is okay. Like it’s not convincing but it feels okay. He (in his own words) “lazily” votes Colin again and that’s about it. He doesn’t really pursue the read.

I’d say maybe 60-70% chance INH is scum.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

What does scum want to do in this game? Not get burned. So scum can’t be suspect but scum also doesn’t want to be top town to avoid questions of “why is X not dead yet?”

Now, normal scum doesn’t have to worry about the later unless they bus and there are no other consensus townies. In this game, scum can accidentally lynch a partner....which might not actually make them townread. :ponder:

But if it did, it would be bad. Does scum want to avoid pushing their suspects too hard? Avoid looking too pure?

INH kinda threads the needle between trying and not trying. But that’s probably not that far off typical INH behavior. :shrug:

Probably no perspective read to be had here.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I hope there’s just one scum. That would be funny.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Then's a lot a words to arrive at "Probably no read here"

ImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 85

Post by ColinIsCool »

Feel better about Jack after that. Thinking INH next.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:48 pm Feel better about Jack after that. Thinking INH next.
Then vote for moi :beer:
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 35

Post by insertnamehere »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:32 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:09 am INH'S SHITLIST OF SUSPECTS THAT HE WILL BE LOOKING AT IN THE FUTURE:

Colin
Elo

Coming into a game criticizing mislynches and other demoralizing behavior is a scum tell imo.

Was it four games in a row I saw scum do that when it brought it up in Mega Man? I was right on DH. Now it’s five games. Or is it six, INH?
So people criticizing your decision is "demoralizing behavior?" You're the one who burned Speedchuck, and you're the sole person responsible. You can either own that or not.

I'm sorry that I was busy and unable to talk you out of a dumb decision that you privately made. You merely listed Speed in a post, before saying that you doubt he would want to kill Poutanko. Apologies that I wasn't able to infer that Speed was the person you wanted to kill, and that I wasn't able to clear my schedule yesterday to mount a passionate defense.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:51 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:48 pm Feel better about Jack after that. Thinking INH next.
Why should I trust you?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:45 pm INH’s iso is super short. He has opinions and he has reasoning for his opinions but they’re all pretty surface and mostly two phases old.

Like he’s after me for the Speedchuck burn but he’s made exactly one post about Speed, which was on Day 1. Him silently holding onto this read for three days and making a push based on it feels disingenuous.

His Colin case is okay. Like it’s not convincing but it feels okay. He (in his own words) “lazily” votes Colin again and that’s about it. He doesn’t really pursue the read.

I’d say maybe 60-70% chance INH is scum.
A lot of this is just weird dismissive gut opinions about my opinions that don't really get into detail. Apologies that my reasoning for my opinions is "pretty surface" and "okay."

The other part of this is "THIS PERSON DIDN'T POST FOR A WHILE WHICH IS OBVIOUSLY SUSPICIOUS."
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:55 pm What does scum want to do in this game? Not get burned. So scum can’t be suspect but scum also doesn’t want to be top town to avoid questions of “why is X not dead yet?”

Now, normal scum doesn’t have to worry about the later unless they bus and there are no other consensus townies. In this game, scum can accidentally lynch a partner....which might not actually make them townread. :ponder:

But if it did, it would be bad. Does scum want to avoid pushing their suspects too hard? Avoid looking too pure?

INH kinda threads the needle between trying and not trying. But that’s probably not that far off typical INH behavior. :shrug:

Probably no perspective read to be had here.
DH makes a good point about this post, in that it's a ton of hemming and hawing with no actual conclusion.

Not sure how anyone could really be convinced by JoH's posts here. To steal from his vocabulary, it's "pretty surface" stuff.

Nevertheless...
Hmm. Will attempt to do an ISO breakdown of Colin over the last few phases later today.

To be continued.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Hey BTW feels like I been on Eloh/Colin/DDL/Quin for ages fam.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:32 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:51 pm
Why should I trust you?
Because I'm your friend and I've never ever betrayed you, not a once, and everyone deserves a second chance, and, well, it's just the right thing to do
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I’m sure INH or somebody will say I’m flip flopping on him so let me just say I came into the thread thinking Jack may be bad but his posts recently changed that view and caused me to rethink INH.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Colin, a flip-flopper?

Say it ain't so.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:37 pm Hey BTW feels like I been on Eloh/Colin/DDL/Quin for ages fam.
What sorta connections are you seeing here
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:12 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:37 pm Hey BTW feels like I been on Eloh/Colin/DDL/Quin for ages fam.
What sorta connections are you seeing here
I believe I made a post about this question a while back but I'm busy ATM. I'll pull it or explain again later.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Re: Outpost 31- DAY 4

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:46 pm
Colin -
I dunno if this read list is a joke or not since it lists everyone as "Good" technically, but if its not, voting to give the flamethrower to Eloh (a middle read of his) over someone higher on the list is noteworthy. As is his post here Parroting Eloh's claim/theory that a "consensus" townread is fooling the thread. He names me, Speed and Jack as the possibles, but as Speed has pointed out, he and Jack aren't really "consensus" town-reads, if town-reads at all, and he and Jack haven't really pushed anything or tried to fool anyone. He also originally posited that the non-kill was an inactive.

His "who would you kill" exercise is also something to look at. He said he'd hold off on answering and didn't.

I've never really felt great about town-reading Colin and his recent stuff hasn't nudged me out of that mentality.

DDL -
Voted to give Quin the flamethrower, townreading Quin based on his recent uptick in activity it looks like. He has either town-read or "un-readable" status on most players, with Sprityo sitting at "too-scummy-to-be-scum" status and being the closest thing DDL has to a suspect ATM. Stepping on eggshells, me no like.

Eloh -
At the risk of sounding like an asshole, I think Eloh's most recent cases (Me and INH) hold no water. She was very vague about her suspicion of me ("how you're playing. POE") which felt like she was just using buzzwords to make it seem more than it was. "Process of elimination" in particular. Like, Good luck using POE in this set up lol. And the INH thing falls apart at close inspection. She says she didn't expect him to be this active (The only reason he's not the least active poster is because Wilgy signed up, told himself not to forget to play this game, and then I guess got invited to travel through Space and Time with the Doctor) Then she called out the "content" of his posts, and said here that INH is "serious at looking civ" which I highlighted earlier but will comment on now. Why does he have to be trying to "look" civ? Can't he just be...civ? Eloh's framing of the question there might have let slip the mask a bit.

INH -
Funnily enough since his decent case on Colin which was posted last Sunday, INH hasn't really done much "content"-wise. Sticking to his guns RE: Colin, asking for more from TH and questioning Chuck on his Quin townread. I don't think INH is bad at this point. Though if Eloh's criticism of his game starts to color his activity/presence, I'll revisit a read on him.

Jack -
A moot point for today but I'm still null on Jack, which isn't great 4 Days into a game I guess, but not much I can do about it for now. We'll see how he handles the spotlight, if he puts out any reads, gives any directions, goes with the flow, etc.

Quin -
Moderate uptick in activity. Still not feeling great about his early game. Wanna see him put some beef in the broth before I move the needle out of the red on this boi. He's being town-read by people though which I will consider, but I can't shake what I can't shake. Ehm.

Chuck -
Again rough that there's not much to update on this read but them's the brakes. Wish he'd expand on his "colorless rainbow". Moving on.

TH: -
Reading back it seems like he was dead-set on Sprityo for a long time there whilst he had the Sizzler. Could be because nobody gave him anything else to work with, but it could be he just saw Sprityo as an easy out and didn't want to look at anyone else, whether he was asked/shown or not. Shifting TH slightly into the red for D3.
I've been considering for a hot minute how in-thread behavior would shift or change or make itself evidence if/once infected targeted each other and from my reads I think I see two likely pairs

- DDL/Quin
- Colin/Eloh

DDL has been soft-as-a-baby-bottom defending/townreading Quin for a hot minute. And Colin's lockstep with Eloh's "we been fooled" play skews a bit when you look at his read list there.
My best guess scenario for who might know who RE: Assimilated.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:02 pm Then's a lot a words to arrive at "Probably no read here"
Yeah, well, that’s what happens when you don’t come up with a conclusion before you start writing a paper.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

insertnamehere wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:29 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:32 pm

Colin
Elo

So people criticizing your decision is "demoralizing behavior?" You're the one who burned Speedchuck, and you're the sole person responsible. You can either own that or not.

I'm sorry that I was busy and unable to talk you out of a dumb decision that you privately made. You merely listed Speed in a post, before saying that you doubt he would want to kill Poutanko. Apologies that I wasn't able to infer that Speed was the person you wanted to kill, and that I wasn't able to clear my schedule yesterday to mount a passionate defense.
Nonconstructive criticism can be demoralizing in purpose or side effect (luckily, I’m +2 to morale checks). You didn’t say why the decision was bad or what to do instead.

You might have missed it but there was an actual case on Speedchuck and he had the most votes.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:50 pm
Colin -
I dunno if this read list is a joke or not since it lists everyone as "Good" technically, but if its not, voting to give the flamethrower to Eloh (a middle read of his) over someone higher on the list is noteworthy. As is his post here Parroting Eloh's claim/theory that a "consensus" townread is fooling the thread. He names me, Speed and Jack as the possibles, but as Speed has pointed out, he and Jack aren't really "consensus" town-reads, if town-reads at all, and he and Jack haven't really pushed anything or tried to fool anyone. He also originally posited that the non-kill was an inactive.

His "who would you kill" exercise is also something to look at. He said he'd hold off on answering and didn't.

I've never really felt great about town-reading Colin and his recent stuff hasn't nudged me out of that mentality.

DDL -
Voted to give Quin the flamethrower, townreading Quin based on his recent uptick in activity it looks like. He has either town-read or "un-readable" status on most players, with Sprityo sitting at "too-scummy-to-be-scum" status and being the closest thing DDL has to a suspect ATM. Stepping on eggshells, me no like.

Eloh -
At the risk of sounding like an asshole, I think Eloh's most recent cases (Me and INH) hold no water. She was very vague about her suspicion of me ("how you're playing. POE") which felt like she was just using buzzwords to make it seem more than it was. "Process of elimination" in particular. Like, Good luck using POE in this set up lol. And the INH thing falls apart at close inspection. She says she didn't expect him to be this active (The only reason he's not the least active poster is because Wilgy signed up, told himself not to forget to play this game, and then I guess got invited to travel through Space and Time with the Doctor) Then she called out the "content" of his posts, and said here that INH is "serious at looking civ" which I highlighted earlier but will comment on now. Why does he have to be trying to "look" civ? Can't he just be...civ? Eloh's framing of the question there might have let slip the mask a bit.

INH -
Funnily enough since his decent case on Colin which was posted last Sunday, INH hasn't really done much "content"-wise. Sticking to his guns RE: Colin, asking for more from TH and questioning Chuck on his Quin townread. I don't think INH is bad at this point. Though if Eloh's criticism of his game starts to color his activity/presence, I'll revisit a read on him.

Jack -
A moot point for today but I'm still null on Jack, which isn't great 4 Days into a game I guess, but not much I can do about it for now. We'll see how he handles the spotlight, if he puts out any reads, gives any directions, goes with the flow, etc.

Quin -
Moderate uptick in activity. Still not feeling great about his early game. Wanna see him put some beef in the broth before I move the needle out of the red on this boi. He's being town-read by people though which I will consider, but I can't shake what I can't shake. Ehm.

Chuck -
Again rough that there's not much to update on this read but them's the brakes. Wish he'd expand on his "colorless rainbow". Moving on.

Reading back it seems like he was dead-set on Sprityo for a long time there whilst he had the Sizzler. Could be because nobody gave him anything else to work with, but it could be he just saw Sprityo as an easy out and didn't want to look at anyone else, whether he was asked/shown or not. Shifting TH slightly into the red for D3.
I've been considering for a hot minute how in-thread behavior would shift or change or make itself evidence if/once infected targeted each other and from my reads I think I see two likely pairs

- DDL/Quin
- Colin/Eloh

DDL has been soft-as-a-baby-bottom defending/townreading Quin for a hot minute. And Colin's lockstep with Eloh's "we been fooled" play skews a bit when you look at his read list there.
Oooh I somehow missed this post the first time around. Lemme take some time to unpack this yumminess
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:11 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:50 pm
Colin -

DDL -

Eloh -

INH -

Jack -

Quin -

Chuck -

- DDL/Quin
- Colin/Eloh

Oooh I somehow missed this post the first time around. Lemme take some time to unpack this yumminess
We've only had one fail night kill, right?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

[mention]Elohcin[/mention] correct
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 26

Post by G-Man »

---------------------
Quin is dead. He was human.

It is now Day 5.

You have 24 hours to vote.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Elohcin
Hitman

Re: Outpost 31- DAY 5

Post by Elohcin »

Why isn't DH on the poll. Did I miss something?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Elohcin wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:37 pm Why isn't DH on the poll. Did I miss something?
Aw shucky ducky.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

He's got the torch
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Oh....i guess sin e he has tje flamethrower. Derp.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Yes, thanks TH
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Voting jack for now but I'ma consider DH's analysis in the morning
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

DH, do you think I'm a bad guy?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

If you want to be torched:
Don't vote
Don't post cases
Don't Hunt baddies
Make me sad

If you don't want to get torched:
Post cases
Hunt baddies
Be very convincing.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Elohcin wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:53 pm DH, do you think I'm a bad guy?
I've gotten pretty strong indicators that you are, yeah.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:55 pm
So why haven't you torched me?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Elohcin wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:58 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:55 pm
So why haven't you torched me?
The day has just started.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

You've had opportunity before.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Elohcin wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:00 pm You've had opportunity before.
Yeah I guess I had an opportunity before when I torched Luna but I felt there was more evidence there, and at the time of the Luna Lynch I town-read you more than I do now. Hindsight.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Are you saying I should torch you now because that's an odd argument to make as a civ. Or an assimilated. Odd argument to make overall.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I want you exposed even if it means I have to die. I want the civs to finally get a bad guy and I think you are one of them.

If I'm wrong, I apologize.

I would tell you that perhaps I could trust you more if you actually torched a bad guy today, but even then, you could just be killing off the guy you know is one of your own to gain my trust. So...that won't work.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”