The following players are ON NOTICE:

MacDougall
JaggedJimmyJay
Jackofhearts2005
Long Con
Glorfindel
karavalenge

You are ON NOTICE.

(meaning these players are most deserving of my scrutiny for the remainder of this day phase and my vote will almost certainly be within this pool)

now if you'll excuse me, I have some investigation I've been meaning to do regarding Jack.
Spoiler: show
Hey I noticed that JACKOFHEARTS2005 is ON NOTICE and I am interested in hearing about why JACKOFHEARTS2005 is ON NOTICE because this aligns with a thing that I'm doing, thank you.
There is literally no argument to be made for Jack being a civilian
He has some sketchy interactions with inh
He's all around a pretty sketchy dude
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 3

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:22 am
nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:17 am outside research on jack proving largely inconclusive; gut research says he's bad
I'd give reading the thread a 2/10. Has its purposes but overall it's for nerds.
by "outside research" I meant looking at a different game, not this one. I decided that was fruitless and I should trust my feelings about him based on this game in isolation.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

but also I'm all for reading the thread, but that's probably because I'm a nerd
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:24 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:22 am
nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:17 am outside research on jack proving largely inconclusive; gut research says he's bad
I'd give reading the thread a 2/10. Has its purposes but overall it's for nerds.
by "outside research" I meant looking at a different game, not this one. I decided that was fruitless and I should trust my feelings about him based on this game in isolation.
i was just making fun of myself for asking a question that you'd just answered, didn't mean to imply anything about you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

alright, let's make this one o' dem two-car trains quin's been going on about

[VOTE: jackofhearts2005] aubergine
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 638
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Lisa and Isaiah

Things INH said to/about Lunalee:

LIKE!

INH used Luna's vague gripe against me as a springboard to promote his own previously-stated suspicion of me. K.

insertnamehere wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:49 pm
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:36 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:21 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:38 pm I just read through INH and I don't see any reason to call him a civ. There wasn't a lot there and he seems to be missing after saying he would try to be here more on day 2. Low performing INH in my experience = bad INH. I could see a vote there unless I'm missing some good reason not to.
alrighty now catching up, but literally popped into the most recent page to post about how I'm townreading Kara the most and wishing that JJJ was in one of his moody self-loathing moods instead of his SUUUUUUUUUPATOWN (PAY ATTENTION TO THE WORDS I SPEAK) moods. Not sure if/how that impacts his alignment, but he's certainly TALKING VERY LOUD, and making GRAND SWEEPING DECLARATIVE STATEMENTS ABOUT THE PROPER WAY TO PLAY MAFIA. It's like he tried posting differently on D1, got a negative response, then reverted back to his standard shtick.

Then, I see this stupid post by Juliets. Juliets, you're a lovely person, and a wonderful fixture in this community, but this is like the second game that you've pushed this weird forced "low-posting INH = bad INH" thing. It's dumb. I'm at a point in my life where my mafia time is limited. I have just finished another game, and started the sign up process for a game that I'm hosting. Yesterday was a holiday. This thread is, in standard Full Job fashion, too damn long. There's no way that I could be whatever the fuck you'd call a "high performing INH" right now. My level of activity is dependent on the length/density of the thread, the amount of games I'm concurrently playing/hosting, and the things happening in my life. Not what alignment I am. So, please kindly stop pushing this idea. It irks me.

Still have like 6 pages to get through. Will continually update with more commentary.

PS: Day 1's are, have been, and always will be random garbage-y crapshoots barring major fuckery.
nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:25 pm Okay, inh is town
Nutella is too quick to buy INH's response. I get that he's busy and has limited time for mafia. But when he does have time to post, his content still pings me as not fully genuine. Maybe I'm just a skeptic, but giving commentary on what's happening in the game, giving out fluffy/non reads, defending your own meta, and using the "busy" excuse, however true it may be, just makes me more inclined to suspect that you are scum.
So far INH's reads are Kara is town, JJJ looks a "tad suspicious," and Owner should be lynched.
I currently think Kara looks suspicious, and see no reason to town read him. Sort of agree with the JJJ thing, and disagree that Owner should be lynched.
well gee wilikers, I'm sorry that my opinions aren't enough for you Luna. Not sure where the hell you got the "fluffy non-reads" from. Scumreading JJJ, Owner, and Juliets currently. Townreading Kara, because her responses to folks attacking her sound hella genuine to me. Apologies that my ""busy" excuse" just makes you more inclined to scumread me. You're certainly entitled to your own opinion.

If you want to unduly dismiss everything I've said in this game and view it in the most negative possible light for no other substantive reason other than "I'm a skeptic," then, well, you can certainly choose to do that.

There's something awkward about this exchange which I am finding difficult to describe. INH was snarky in his response to Luna's beefs as he often is, but it feels a bit different in this case. In his sarcasm he is accepting of Luna's suspicion ("You're certainly entitled to your own opinion" / "you can certainly choose to do that"). Note the first sentence that I have highlighted: this is a characteristic response by INH to an accuser, but does it fit the accusation? Luna suggested INH's pings are not fully genuine, but not that they're "lacking" or "unsubstantial" or the like. The latter terms apply more to INH's response re: "aren't enough for you". The disconnect makes this read more manufactured than INH's similar snark as he handled Long Con and myself, for example.

This is a crucial exchange to assess if you are going to label Lunalee a mafia teammate of INH. It covers three posts for each of them, and mutual suspicion is being exchanged throughout. I think the language they use here is compatible for mafia teammates, but it doesn't scream at me. Indeed, moments of doubt are preventing me from harshing too much on Luna's vibe:

INH's "based on my dastardly practice of providing commentary on the thread" -- appeal to emotion junk which belittle's Luna's suspicion

Luna's "But lol, you don't feel great about nutella for her quick flop on you, but "I started it" by expressing my suspicions?"

:ponder:

I hope others will chime in on this exchange. The read can probably be reduced to this point, and it's a tough call.

insertnamehere wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:39 pm
timmer wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:15 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:11 pm I looked over Luna's posts in U-Pick and Mega Man (mafia in both). It's difficult to identify any tonal differences with this game. In terms of content, I do observe that in her mafia performances she was inclined toward individualized player analysis, in the forms of large quote compilations, ISOs, or thorough reads lists, in a way that isn't quite as visible here. Her hunting activity is more reactive and less self-constructed.
Luna is definitely reactionary right now. It reminds me of my earlier mafia career where I would freak out once I realized that I was being eyed. But she seems to be flailing with no idea of an overarching goal. Vote bullz. Don't vote bullz. But vote bullz. But maybe Kara. But no bullz... it's dizzying.
This. Her 3 targets that she's focused on, Bullz, Kara, and me, have all been easy suspicions to come by, and mostly feel like her hopping onto easy suspects already mentioned by others. She criticized me for having too few/weak reads, and only providing "commentary" to the thread, while she herself has been guilty of all of that.

I always read willful hypocrisy as a scumtell. Other folks I'd be down to lynching: Glorf, Owner, and maaaaaybe JJJ. Need to read up on all of three of them before I decisively side against them.

[VOTE: lunalee] aubergine

INH continued to dump on Luna for taking the easy way out and hypocrisy (the latter accusation being an absolutely false representation of their content comparatively). Lunalee was pretty lynchable on Day 2, so this vote is important. It's difficult to assess relative to the Soneji wagon which sprung up late. Bullzeye might be a more accurate counterwagon at this moment.

Things Lunalee said to/about INH:

Luna LIKEs my case on INH

Lunalee was one of the first to acknowledge my suspicion of INH, and it actually took a while for anyone else to give a shit (the only other response I saw in a quick skim was DH making fun of it). I think that's decent for her. The thing was basically forgotten within ten minutes of my having posted it, and she brought it back.

Lunalee wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:15 pm Changing my vote to kara, because timmer's on board with it. And because no one shares my INH suspicions.

This one's not ideal. At least one person definitely shared the INH suspicion (the one who made the case she agreed with). There was enough time left in the day at this point to promote the lynch of any player on the roster.

Lunalee wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:01 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:57 pm Who buys INH as a civilian?
I'm not really sure how to read INH, but he sure didn't appreciate my suspicions of him yesterday. Feel free to go back and look.
Lunalee wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:16 pm Once my life is no longer endangered, I will happily join the INH lynch

I don't know what point Luna is making in the first post there. She has stated her suspicions, but this one seems to be a reversion to neutrality (at least in the specific language employed if not necessarily in spirit). The second one bugs me a bit, as at that point there were about 80 minutes remaining in the day. Self-preservation isn't so crucial with that much time remaining and numerous players present playing the game. Push the lynch you want as long as you can. This might be more of a strategic gripe than one which is indicative of alignment.

~~~

Conclusion

This is a very mixed bag. I think INH's posts are barely good for her, and Luna's own posts are barely bad for her. If they're teammates then their distancing effort was thorough. It strikes me as relatively plausible.
Luna at least needs to answer for her handling of INH late in Day 2, per the last two points in this analysis.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:29 am alright, let's make this one o' dem two-car trains quin's been going on about

[VOTE: jackofhearts2005] aubergine
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I really appreciate the general aesthetic of the thread right now. A handful of dedicated Mafia players are discussing the way forward, while JJJ is in the back room with his head buried in the books working out the deep cut research. It's a fun mental image. :biggrin:
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Mark and Isaiah
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:57 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:56 pm INH gets upset for being suspected. News at 11.
:disappoint:
That's the full extent of their interactions.

Conclusion

No points awarded to Mac.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:34 am I really appreciate the general aesthetic of the thread right now. A handful of dedicated Mafia players are discussing the way forward, while JJJ is in the back room with his head buried in the books working out the deep cut research. It's a fun mental image. :biggrin:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Nancy and Isaiah

Things INH said to/about nutella:

insertnamehere wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:07 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:23 am
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:31 pm This sounds like a bullshit act to me.
"Owner and Helper" sounds like a kinky category of fanfic that I don't want anywhere near me but anyway I can see it :ponder:
"LIKE!"

Jokes or something. K.

INH pooped on LC for talking about player salad, which kind of implied indirect pooping on nutella as well as she was the one who brought it up. Barely relevant.

insertnamehere wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:07 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:05 pm If inh is a vampire, the word "meta" is garlic or sunlight
I'm attempting to be "open" to other "strategies" of "playing" "mafia."

The sarcasm in this post was meant sarcastically. As in, self-mockery.

Neutral chatter of no consequence.

insertnamehere wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:36 pm
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:29 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:17 pm
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:58 pm

alrighty now catching up, but literally popped into the most recent page to post about how I'm townreading Kara the most and wishing that JJJ was in one of his moody self-loathing moods instead of his SUUUUUUUUUPATOWN (PAY ATTENTION TO THE WORDS I SPEAK) moods. Not sure if/how that impacts his alignment, but he's certainly TALKING VERY LOUD, and making GRAND SWEEPING DECLARATIVE STATEMENTS ABOUT THE PROPER WAY TO PLAY MAFIA. It's like he tried posting differently on D1, got a negative response, then reverted back to his standard shtick.

Then, I see this stupid post by Juliets. Juliets, you're a lovely person, and a wonderful fixture in this community, but this is like the second game that you've pushed this weird forced "low-posting INH = bad INH" thing. It's dumb. I'm at a point in my life where my mafia time is limited. I have just finished another game, and started the sign up process for a game that I'm hosting. Yesterday was a holiday. This thread is, in standard Full Job fashion, too damn long. There's no way that I could be whatever the fuck you'd call a "high performing INH" right now. My level of activity is dependent on the length/density of the thread, the amount of games I'm concurrently playing/hosting, and the things happening in my life. Not what alignment I am. So, please kindly stop pushing this idea. It irks me.

Still have like 6 pages to get through. Will continually update with more commentary.

PS: Day 1's are, have been, and always will be random garbage-y crapshoots barring major fuckery.
Nutella is too quick to buy INH's response. I get that he's busy and has limited time for mafia. But when he does have time to post, his content still pings me as not fully genuine. Maybe I'm just a skeptic, but giving commentary on what's happening in the game, giving out fluffy/non reads, defending your own meta, and using the "busy" excuse, however true it may be, just makes me more inclined to suspect that you are scum.
So far INH's reads are Kara is town, JJJ looks a "tad suspicious," and Owner should be lynched.
I currently think Kara looks suspicious, and see no reason to town read him. Sort of agree with the JJJ thing, and disagree that Owner should be lynched.
well gee wilikers, I'm sorry that my opinions aren't enough for you Luna. Not sure where the hell you got the "fluffy non-reads" from. Scumreading JJJ, Owner, and Juliets currently. Townreading Kara, because her responses to folks attacking her sound hella genuine to me. Apologies that my ""busy" excuse" just makes you more inclined to scumread me. You're certainly entitled to your own opinion.

If you want to unduly dismiss everything I've said in this game and view it in the most negative possible light for no other substantive reason other than "I'm a skeptic," then, well, you can certainly choose to do that.
Okay, but how do you feel about nutella's quick acceptance that you must be town based on your response?
Not great in the context of her quick condemnation of me earlier. Then again, you were the one who started the whole condemnation conga, based on my dastardly practice of providing commentary on the thread.
Hey, I've noticed scum make long but meaningless posts by providing commentary on the thread before, so when I saw a hint of that in your posts, it set off alarm bells. But lol, you don't feel great about nutella for her quick flop on you, but "I started it" by expressing my suspicions?
But that's not what I did, Luna.

Let me explain: you started the "condemnation conga" by jumping on JJJ's weak case against me with vague-ass reasoning. Then, Nutella jumps on board, then off board. Y'all both don't look great.

INH was vaguely negative in his assessment of nutella in this exchange, but only after being pushed and prodded by Lunalee. I don't care for this, as INH starts to state a concrete gripe on nutella but then shifted the beef straight back to Luna with the "Then again..." caveat. Bleh.

Things nutella said to/about INH:

nutella wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:01 pm Also inh totally should have been slytherin lol

Why?

nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:36 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:33 pm Someone tell me why INH is a civilian.
Who?

Fart.

nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:44 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:33 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:28 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:55 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:21 pm DH you've made up 3 nonsensical "tells" in the last page. Calm down pupper.
Which 3
Made up how
Nonsense how

nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:13 pm I'm pretty convinced that Bullzeye is our best bet so far. [VOTE: Bullzeye] aubergine
Best bet how
Pretty sure why
What's "so far" for you? Looking at anyone else?
The owner thing, the yun qui thing that made no sense because we were town, and the strange kill choice thing
Made up because they're not real tells
Nonsense because you don't have any real basis for believing they are mafia tells

Best bet because he looks bad for multiple reasons
Pretty sure because he looks like a potential Nova teammate, his vote and all of his posts have been extremely sketchy, and he hasn't done anything close to actual gameplay
So far meaning the case on him is stronger than anything else I've seen, but I intend to look more closely into timmer, juliets, Mac, Jay, soneji to name a few.
Which Owner thing?
Yun Qui Tell = Prioritizing game mechanics (House Cup/Ship Crew) over baddie hunting. TH used the Yun Qui's trust of him to prevent his lynch and nobody in the Yun Qui wanted to lynch him or mutiny despite me multiple times calling him out. Luna has prioritized House Cup Mechanics at least twice in this game, something DDL worried about happening.
"Odd Choice" Tell - Literally just quoted an example of TH using the phrase when he was bad.
---
Which reasons do you suspect Bullz is bad for?
"His vote looks sketchy" and "his posts look sketchy" "he hasn't done anything close to actual gameplay" = These are good reasons and I like them an thank you for sharing them
OK Glad to see you're not just focusing on the easy wagon, hope to see you explain and expand more on JC, Timmer, Mac, Jay and Soneji and not just have you toss these names out and forget the follow through.
I'll try to get to at least some of them later but I'm at work so don't expect a lot. Also inh should be on that list, I forgot about him again because he's been forgettable this game.

nutella felt the need to add this. :ponder: It's a bit awkward.

FART. INH had just responded with a pile of dramatic caps lock to my grievances, and nutella jumped to this post-haste. She has made a career in recent memory with these abrupt reads, so it's not a problem of meta -- it's a problem of belief. nutella, please explain in more detail why you were sold by INH in this moment. I find it dubious.

nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:31 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:29 pm I’m torn on INH. The tone of his defenses is decent, but the content is meh.
You're the GTH man. Take a side.

Decent enough prod. I am the target of pressure though rather than INH, so the value is limited.

nutella wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:53 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:39 pmOther folks I'd be down to lynching: Glorf, Owner, and maaaaaybe JJJ. Need to read up on all of three of them before I decisively side against them.
Prototypical player salad. Y'all want a definition? This is the definition, or at least of the manner of salad that has most frequently caught bad guys in my experience. Put it in the encyclopedia.

"I would be willing to lynch X, Y, Z, or maaaaaaybe W" is literally how I have described player salad in the past.
Reeaal. Also he ignored my (+your) testimony that Luna's behavior is not indicative of a mafia alignment.

nutella seemed enthusiastic in her reception of my salad attack on INH.

nutella wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:00 pm
I am still undecided, was leaning civ on him but I liked your salad call-out (but again that's kinda why I asked about civs salading because I don't think it's a slam dunk)

In which nutella earns her third fart of the review. There are two "but" caveats. I might even give this one a shart. It's not great.

~~~

Conclusion

I trust nutella less than I did before I compiled this. There are problems.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:31 pm [VOTE: jigglyjameeljafar] aubergine

he's most likely inh teammate fight me
Also this looks fake.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:32 am This is a crucial exchange to assess if you are going to label Lunalee a mafia teammate of INH. It covers three posts for each of them, and mutual suspicion is being exchanged throughout. I think the language they use here is compatible for mafia teammates, but it doesn't scream at me. Indeed, moments of doubt are preventing me from harshing too much on Luna's vibe:

INH's "based on my dastardly practice of providing commentary on the thread" -- appeal to emotion junk which belittle's Luna's suspicion

Luna's "But lol, you don't feel great about nutella for her quick flop on you, but "I started it" by expressing my suspicions?"

I hope others will chime in on this exchange. The read can probably be reduced to this point, and it's a tough call.
Again noting that I'm not aware of the complete context, I can read this as a strained bit of distancing between teammates. Partially because the exchange is just sort of dropped here and never picked back up. It doesn't seem to have resolved at any point, but neither of them every really went back to it. Luna moved her vote off of INH and didn't put it back, then later expressed some uncertainty about him, followed closely by conditional support of his lynch, and then a celebration of the accuracy of her read on him.
I share your uncertainty about this exchange, but I'm not incapable of seeing a partnership here. I'm only skimming luna's posts right now, but in that skimming I can see traces of something fishy. I'm not sure if I want to trust that yet, but it's there.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Who looks worse in relation to INH: luna or nutella? It seems like they're unlikely to both be partnered with INH, unless they went all in on a bussing triangle.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 261

Post by Quin »

on lunalee:

when i responded to mac's fake cop check she said she was going to "check the quindar" which i'm going to hope didn't mean "ask speedchuck" because he is dead and that would be against the rules but the main point here is i don't think i ever found out what the quindar said okay cool
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck isn't dead. I think you're thinking of speedchuck.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:58 am Who looks worse in relation to INH: luna or nutella? It seems like they're unlikely to both be partnered with INH, unless they went all in on a bussing triangle.
I see a mixed bag with Luna and a mostly bad bag with nutella. Offhand I wouldn't throw out a mafia team with all three, but nor would I spend much time thinking about it without first confirming a second leg.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I like nutella here and now, but I'm approaching Day 3 as if it's Day 1. Days 1 & 2 are a blind spot to me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Qasim and Isaiah

Things INH said to/about Quin:

insertnamehere wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:07 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:21 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:10 pm I'm going to have essentially zero time until Tuesday night or Wednesday. While I'm not here y'all best find excuses to do work and not excuses to do fuck all. Epi's recent grumbles are valid.

[VOTE: Quin] aubergine, because he said some shit I didn't like earlier. He provided a token response to Epi's dig at juliets which just looked like "this is where I am supposed to interject with this here comment" instead of "this is a problem and I want to address it".
This is the post in question:
Quin wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:35 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:29 pm juliets and I are not teammates.

There. Go. Find bad guys.
so you know you're on different teams :ponder:
I don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't have read anything at all into Quin saying that, and the fact that Jay did is a little weird.
"LIKE!"

This is barely relevant, in that by pooping on my suspicion of Quin INH was indirectly defending Quin. I am inclined to view this as incidental.

Things Quin said to/about INH:

Nothing.

~~~

Conclusion

I am surprised to have so little to talk about here. I award Quin no points.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:05 am I like nutella here and now, but I'm approaching Day 3 as if it's Day 1. Days 1 & 2 are a blind spot to me.
I've had her as one of my bigger civilian reads for much of the game, so now there's a clash of face-value appearance and interactive data. I feel pretty comfortable turning on her though, because the meta on which she thrives is not one which demands much challenge in mimicry. Change your mind a lot and be curt in your reads.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 2

Post by Sloonei »

I was curious because maybe part of why I'm picking up good vibes from nutella is simply that she's voting alongside me, so I went back to trace her Jack case prior to this very moment and... well, it doesn't exist.

What does exist is this list of GTH reads:
nutella wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:03 am GTH babey

ColinIsCool - town
DharmaHelper - town
insertnamehere - town
JaggedJimmyJay - town
Kylemii - scum
Bullzeye - town
Epignosis - town
Glorfindel - town
Owner of a Lonely Heart - town
poutanko - town
Soneji - scum
juliets - scum

Long Con - town
Lunalee - scum
MacDougall - scum
Quin - town
Jackofhearts2005 - town
karavalenge - scum
lapluie - town
timmer - town
Scum reads in red.

Compare that to her more recent ON NOTICE list:
MacDougall
JaggedJimmyJay
Jackofhearts2005
Long Con
Glorfindel
karavalenge
Mac and kara are the only consistencies. Three of her initial scum reads are dead and one of her town reads has flipped town, so a little re-shuffling is bound to be in order. I don't fault nutella for that. I am curious as to how these are the names that came out of that shuffling though. I already asked her about Jack and her answer satisfied me in the moment but now that I've got my scrutiny specs on I'm gonna want more. What prompted the initial town read and why has that changed?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 261

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:30 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:28 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:27 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:05 pm
The part I'm most interested in this picture tell is this part:

"Well that's too bad because I wrapped your knowledge in teeth and fear."

Hagrid is generally friendly, but even in this sense he's like "too bad no can do"

In this picture, Hagrid is acting selfish/not caring about others.

Even though Hagrid as a character is seen as good, that does not account for the picture I'm directing you to, where it seems as though Hagrid is betraying his students.
@nutella speaking of "stretching it" do you buy this explanation from Owner?
Looking at the comic again, sure. It's pretty dark, and kara even implied later (jokingly or seriously I can't say) that they felt it was more about the Monster Book of Monsters than about Hagrid.
I don't care about lynching Owner anymore but you can't sincerely believe this.
Why not? Did you read the comic? It was not at all a positive portrayal. I'm not saying I agree with Owner but I'm just saying that given her explanation of what the picture tell is it could make sense.
i'm with dharmahelper. this feels so forced.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jordan and Isaiah

Things INH said to/about Jack:

insertnamehere wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:42 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:41 pm I think I'm going to use INH's strategy of just suspecting people who suspect me. That sounds like a really easy way to play this game.
:sigh:

k

Things Jack said to/about INH:

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:10 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:39 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:37 pm Can't recall a thing the guy has posted. That's kind of how he always is so basically NAI, but it means nothing is particularly in his favor.
in which I provide a link to my own grievances in hopes of aiding my good friend nutella of The Syndicate in her efforts to interpret the play of another esteemed Syndicateer by the name of insertnamehere
Yeah well I think your read that INH's read on Owner's read being baseless is baseless is baseless.

This is presented like a joke, but it still functions as a defense of INH without expansion. So fart.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:07 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:55 pm y'all are awaking SALTY inh

still nowhere near CC123 levels, but give it time.
That reminds me. Fuck the button.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:15 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:02 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:59 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:53 pmThe last sentence is patently false. I have both justified my read on Owner, and provided reads on other people. It's up to you whether you choose to include them in the narrative you're pushing about me or not.

Is this one of those intentionally idiotic and empty cases you push sometimes to see how people react, or is this actually serious? Maybe try using a different font color for your wacky crazy prank cases and your actual "legit" cases.
No to all of this. Your justification re: Owner was no better than her justification re: DH. It sucked.

Your posts were nearly 100% Owner-centric at the I said that.

Your contributions tend to be complaints instead of substance, so I don’t care what you think of my play.
Now you listen to me.

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, the fact is that I am a naysayer and hatchet-man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another because I choose to live my life in the company of Gandhi and King. My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method... is love. I love you JaggedJimmyJay.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:41 pm I think I'm going to use INH's strategy of just suspecting people who suspect me. That sounds like a really easy way to play this game.

These posts don't all fit into the review chronologically, but I have tacked them together because they all represent idle banter.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:39 pm
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:36 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:35 pm
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:30 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:24 pm For real though Lunalee is hecka scum
And I was feeling quite proud of my scum-hunting today. :pout:
Who do you suspect again?
INH. have you read any of my posts?
I read the one where you laughed at my joke and the other one where TH was like "I feel bad about lynching people D1" and you were like "Yeah, I feel bad about lynching townies."

Now that I think about it, that might not be that suspicious.

Jack asks Luna for a suspect, and she gives him INH. He then says nothing about that and instead answered the less important question she posed. I am uncertain he cared about his own initial question, and it's apparent here that he did not care to discuss her answer to it. Meh.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:26 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:18 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:13 pm Speedball is a superhero who is like a living bludger.
Tell me about INH and Soneji.
I’d rather lynch them than Luna, Bullzeye or Owner.

I don’t have any reason to townread either. Sonjei’s Luna push looks like a known mislynch push. INH’s reactions to pushes on him look kinda suspect.

Pseudo-salad, rescued only by the fact that the players named were relevant given the poll dynamic at the time. This is worth nothing to me, because his beef with INH hardly registers as as beef (he literally said "kinda"), and he had already randomly voiced a willingless to sheep my Soneji case.

~~~

Conclusion

This doesn't do Jack any favors. I'm not a fan. Readers may also refer to Sloonei's beefs for a separate take.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Karen and Isaiah

Things INH said to/about kara:

juliets wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:38 pm I just read through INH and I don't see any reason to call him a civ. There wasn't a lot there and he seems to be missing after saying he would try to be here more on day 2. Low performing INH in my experience = bad INH. I could see a vote there unless I'm missing some good reason not to.

INH just crammed this thing into his post before he started groaning about me. It's so forced that I don't even think it looks bad.

insertnamehere wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:49 pm Nutella is too quick to buy INH's response. I get that he's busy and has limited time for mafia. But when he does have time to post, his content still pings me as not fully genuine. Maybe I'm just a skeptic, but giving commentary on what's happening in the game, giving out fluffy/non reads, defending your own meta, and using the "busy" excuse, however true it may be, just makes me more inclined to suspect that you are scum.

[/quote]

I think this is a decent look for kara, not merely because of the potential for TMI but also because INH referenced "folks attacking her" in his rationale. Those evil, bad, mean, silly folks out there doing those evil, bad, mean, silly things to kara could learn a thing or two from this read I have on her...

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:11 pm I looked over Luna's posts in U-Pick and Mega Man (mafia in both). It's difficult to identify any tonal differences with this game. In terms of content, I do observe that in her mafia performances she was inclined toward individualized player analysis, in the forms of large quote compilations, ISOs, or thorough reads lists, in a way that isn't quite as visible here. Her hunting activity is more reactive and less self-constructed.
Luna is definitely reactionary right now. It reminds me of my earlier mafia career where I would freak out once I realized that I was being eyed. But she seems to be flailing with no idea of an overarching goal. Vote bullz. Don't vote bullz. But vote bullz. But maybe Kara. But no bullz... it's dizzying.
This. Her 3 targets that she's focused on, Bullz, Kara, and me, have all been easy suspicions to come by, and mostly feel like her hopping onto easy suspects already mentioned by others. She criticized me for having too few/weak reads, and only providing "commentary" to the thread, while she herself has been guilty of all of that.

I always read willful hypocrisy as a scumtell. Other folks I'd be down to lynching: Glorf, Owner, and maaaaaybe JJJ. Need to read up on all of three of them before I decisively side against them.

Note how INH refers to Bullzeye and kara as easy targets, and then includes himself in that group (something which was wholly undeserved). He wanted to be associated with those two, because they really were easy targets. That might be telling.

Things kara said to/about INH:

Nada.

~~~

Conclusion

There are two obvious interpretations available here: INH went hard in the paint to defend his teammate who had drawn a little criticism, or INH went hard in the paint to white knight kara instead so that the [probable] civilians attacking her could eventually look worse for their transgressions. I lean toward the latter.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Lillian/Sid and Isaiah

This interaction does not exist. Nada both ways. Here's a spam post to tell you so.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Theodore and Isaiah

Things INH said to/about timmer:

INH seemed to think he was piggybacking on timmer's suspicion of Lunalee -- but timmer didn't actually have suspicion. This disconnect could be meaningful, as it's probably less likely to happen if they're talking in BTSC about how they're approaching their interactions with each other and the suspicions that they push. timmer clarified himself in response.

Things timmer said to/about INH:

timmer wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:12 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:58 pm Ok, this is the post:
insertnamehere wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:06 pm Alright, I'm now caught up.

Most of the Day so far has just been two different squabbles over semantics. The whole Epi-Juliets thing has been more or less baffling in its scattershot legitimacy. It's the kind of thing that JJJ usually pushes, except with less actual substance, which makes me a tad sus of JJJ. Then there's the whole Owner/DH thing. It definitely feels like Owner is stuck replaying Firefly, while the rest of us are playing a new game. This regression could be scummy or not, depends on what else Owner decides to bring to the table. So far, I ain't impressed.
I don't recall inh getting so direct and on point early like this, but thank you for calling attention to this post. It mirrors what I was wondering about owner but i also dig the jjj thoughts as well, as I'm going to be relying on people's familiarity with styles, at least early on.

timmer was supportive of INH's suspicions of both Owner and myself. Okay.

~~~

Conclusion

There's not a lot here. The two points I made both strike me as minor, so on balance this doesn't move the needle much for me on timmer.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Rainbow based on INH interactions only:

DharmaHelper
Owner/Sloonei
karavalenge

Long Con

Bullzeye/speedchuck G
Epignosis G
Glorfindel G
poutanko G
MacDougall B
Quin G
lapluie/sprityo B
timmer B

ColinIsCool
Lunalee

nutella
Jackofhearts2005

Since yellow is a disgusting and illegal color in any rainbow list, I have provided gun-to-head reads on everyone in that tier.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:55 am
Things nutella said to/about INH:

nutella wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:01 pm Also inh totally should have been slytherin lol

Why?
jokey comment about his personality, not game content

nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:36 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:33 pm Someone tell me why INH is a civilian.
Who?

Fart.
iirc you replied to this with something like "exactly" so I kinda thought we were on the same page there

nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:44 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:33 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:28 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:55 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:21 pm DH you've made up 3 nonsensical "tells" in the last page. Calm down pupper.
Which 3
Made up how
Nonsense how

nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:13 pm I'm pretty convinced that Bullzeye is our best bet so far. [VOTE: Bullzeye] aubergine
Best bet how
Pretty sure why
What's "so far" for you? Looking at anyone else?
The owner thing, the yun qui thing that made no sense because we were town, and the strange kill choice thing
Made up because they're not real tells
Nonsense because you don't have any real basis for believing they are mafia tells

Best bet because he looks bad for multiple reasons
Pretty sure because he looks like a potential Nova teammate, his vote and all of his posts have been extremely sketchy, and he hasn't done anything close to actual gameplay
So far meaning the case on him is stronger than anything else I've seen, but I intend to look more closely into timmer, juliets, Mac, Jay, soneji to name a few.
Which Owner thing?
Yun Qui Tell = Prioritizing game mechanics (House Cup/Ship Crew) over baddie hunting. TH used the Yun Qui's trust of him to prevent his lynch and nobody in the Yun Qui wanted to lynch him or mutiny despite me multiple times calling him out. Luna has prioritized House Cup Mechanics at least twice in this game, something DDL worried about happening.
"Odd Choice" Tell - Literally just quoted an example of TH using the phrase when he was bad.
---
Which reasons do you suspect Bullz is bad for?
"His vote looks sketchy" and "his posts look sketchy" "he hasn't done anything close to actual gameplay" = These are good reasons and I like them an thank you for sharing them
OK Glad to see you're not just focusing on the easy wagon, hope to see you explain and expand more on JC, Timmer, Mac, Jay and Soneji and not just have you toss these names out and forget the follow through.
I'll try to get to at least some of them later but I'm at work so don't expect a lot. Also inh should be on that list, I forgot about him again because he's been forgettable this game.

nutella felt the need to add this. :ponder: It's a bit awkward.
not awkward, I actually forgot and then remembered inh existed and I wanted to look into him

FART. INH had just responded with a pile of dramatic caps lock to my grievances, and nutella jumped to this post-haste. She has made a career in recent memory with these abrupt reads, so it's not a problem of meta -- it's a problem of belief. nutella, please explain in more detail why you were sold by INH in this moment. I find it dubious.
his tone in this post really sold me. not sure I can explain it much beyond that, he just sounded genuine. I think at least part of it is his criticism of you.

nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:31 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:29 pm I’m torn on INH. The tone of his defenses is decent, but the content is meh.
You're the GTH man. Take a side.

Decent enough prod. I am the target of pressure though rather than INH, so the value is limited.

nutella wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:53 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:39 pmOther folks I'd be down to lynching: Glorf, Owner, and maaaaaybe JJJ. Need to read up on all of three of them before I decisively side against them.
Prototypical player salad. Y'all want a definition? This is the definition, or at least of the manner of salad that has most frequently caught bad guys in my experience. Put it in the encyclopedia.

"I would be willing to lynch X, Y, Z, or maaaaaaybe W" is literally how I have described player salad in the past.
Reeaal. Also he ignored my (+your) testimony that Luna's behavior is not indicative of a mafia alignment.

nutella seemed enthusiastic in her reception of my salad attack on INH.

nutella wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:00 pm
I am still undecided, was leaning civ on him but I liked your salad call-out (but again that's kinda why I asked about civs salading because I don't think it's a slam dunk)

In which nutella earns her third fart of the review. There are two "but" caveats. I might even give this one a shart. It's not great.
well fart/shart back to you buddy because "but" is one of those words that I use way too much and you can take that the atm and cash it in

I can see why my INH interactions don't look the greatest, but really I just became weirdly convinced of his townieness based on tone and was wrong. And you can't possibly believe all of your "farts" on me -- they seem exaggerated almost as if you went into this interactive read with a bias toward scumreading me, but as far as I have been able to tell you had been townreading me up until this. Balance and reconcile.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:55 am

Also this looks fake.
oh and this. it wasn't fake. I don't necessarily still believe it as strongly as I did at the beginning of the phase/before I investigated a little more, but it was a real hunch.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:58 am Who looks worse in relation to INH: luna or nutella? It seems like they're unlikely to both be partnered with INH, unless they went all in on a bussing triangle.
I don't understand your logic here but in case it helps clear anything up for you, I never voted for either INH or luna
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Quin wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:59 am on lunalee:

when i responded to mac's fake cop check she said she was going to "check the quindar" which i'm going to hope didn't mean "ask speedchuck" because he is dead and that would be against the rules but the main point here is i don't think i ever found out what the quindar said okay cool
she definitely expanded on that, she had like two more posts about what she sees as your town meta/that she wasn't seeing it in this game
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:07 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:05 am I like nutella here and now, but I'm approaching Day 3 as if it's Day 1. Days 1 & 2 are a blind spot to me.
I've had her as one of my bigger civilian reads for much of the game, so now there's a clash of face-value appearance and interactive data. I feel pretty comfortable turning on her though, because the meta on which she thrives is not one which demands much challenge in mimicry. Change your mind a lot and be curt in your reads.
I have the 3rd highest post count. you of all people should realize that I would not be capable of that as scum. and no, I'm not dunya-ing you. I've posted with a degree of carefree abandon that I can't imagine approaching if I were bad.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 641

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:38 am Mark and Isaiah
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:57 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:56 pm INH gets upset for being suspected. News at 11.
:disappoint:
That's the full extent of their interactions.

Conclusion

No points awarded to Mac.
What did I miss?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:16 am I was curious because maybe part of why I'm picking up good vibes from nutella is simply that she's voting alongside me, so I went back to trace her Jack case prior to this very moment and... well, it doesn't exist.

What does exist is this list of GTH reads:

ColinIsCool - town
DharmaHelper - town
insertnamehere - town
JaggedJimmyJay - town
Kylemii - scum
Bullzeye - town
Epignosis - town
Glorfindel - town
poutanko - town
Soneji - scum
juliets - scum

Long Con - town
Lunalee - scum
MacDougall - scum
Quin - town
Jackofhearts2005 - town
karavalenge - scum
lapluie - town
timmer - town
Scum reads in red.

Compare that to her more recent ON NOTICE list:
MacDougall
JaggedJimmyJay
Jackofhearts2005
Long Con
Glorfindel
karavalenge
Mac and kara are the only consistencies. Three of her initial scum reads are dead and one of her town reads has flipped town, so a little re-shuffling is bound to be in order. I don't fault nutella for that. I am curious as to how these are the names that came out of that shuffling though. I already asked her about Jack and her answer satisfied me in the moment but now that I've got my scrutiny specs on I'm gonna want more. What prompted the initial town read and why has that changed?
Jack's jokey/gimmicky style had me figuring he was town for the first couple phases, but as time went on I started to notice that he hadn't really been contributing real content alongside the jokes, and so I decided I have no legitimate basis on which to townread him and that he could be coasting on the flow of the thread.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Quin wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:19 am
nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:30 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:28 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:27 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:05 pm
The part I'm most interested in this picture tell is this part:

"Well that's too bad because I wrapped your knowledge in teeth and fear."

Hagrid is generally friendly, but even in this sense he's like "too bad no can do"

In this picture, Hagrid is acting selfish/not caring about others.

Even though Hagrid as a character is seen as good, that does not account for the picture I'm directing you to, where it seems as though Hagrid is betraying his students.
@nutella speaking of "stretching it" do you buy this explanation from Owner?
Looking at the comic again, sure. It's pretty dark, and kara even implied later (jokingly or seriously I can't say) that they felt it was more about the Monster Book of Monsters than about Hagrid.
I don't care about lynching Owner anymore but you can't sincerely believe this.
Why not? Did you read the comic? It was not at all a positive portrayal. I'm not saying I agree with Owner but I'm just saying that given her explanation of what the picture tell is it could make sense.
i'm with dharmahelper. this feels so forced.
I don't care. I have no stake in that discussion, it was purely semantic and has nothing to do with anyone's alignment.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh the clock did the thing PSA for my fellow murricans to update DST settings to ensure that post and poll timestamps display correctly
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:13 am
poutanko wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:59 am

ColinIsCool - town
DharmaHelper - town
insertnamehere - town
JaggedJimmyJay - town
Kylemii - scum
Bullzeye - town
Epignosis - town
Glorfindel - town
poutanko - town
Soneji - scum
juliets - scum
Long Con - town
Lunalee - scum
MacDougall - scum
Quin - town
Jackofhearts2005 - town
karavalenge - scum
lapluie - town
timmer - town
>why did you read Jay as Town then scum this DP?
>do you still has same read on MacD? You voted him last DP.
>what made you read lapluie as Town?
I've gone back and forth on Jay a lot.
I still scumread Mac.
I thought that your point about lap posting D0 and not D1 was a small but nonzero point in her favor.
I don't believe you.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am just trying not to get replaced out with a view to getting some inspiration later. I am town. Leave me alone.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

idk if I have it in me to do the remaining Jay/INH interactive read, it is way past sleepy time but I might take a pass at it tomorrow; perhaps more salient imo though is his performance of his signature interactive read exercise itself. I'm not entirely convinced that his conclusions are completely honest and natural. and I'm not just saying that because he ended up suspecting me more than I would like, but I also found several of his other conclusions to be rather wimpy. specifically, in my experience he usually calls out the people who have little to no interaction with the confirmed scum because he sees non-interaction/avoidance as w/w behavior, but here he left most of those as truly neutral conclusions instead of bad-leaning ones, and only gave out a few actual bad-leaning conclusions about people with substantial amounts of interactive content. it sounds like he is treating the people with nonexistent inh interactions as having a blank slate, when really they should have the absence of interaction count as a strike against them. I have a feeling that a scum jay could be using his signature interactive read exercise to manipulate the focus onto the wrong people, because he isn't giving the types of analyses that I would expect.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Glorfindel »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:16 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:21 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:57 pm A fond EOD letter from JaggedJimmyJay to you,

Hello, dear friend. It would appear that you and I are once again engaged in Mafia combat (or perhaps this is the first time? Well met!) As the game is played, so must we turn hateful eyes against one another, and lose our humanity in a mindless bloodbath all for the sake of brief psychological stimulation. Please, friend, understand that no matter how cruel I sound, or how arrogant my words, or how distant my emotion -- I love you. I have since the start. The world has funneled us into this bizarre electronic communication arena wherein we may exercise our like passions in concert. It is a beautiful opportunity, and I am forever grateful to share it with you.
Rightbackatcha from Glorf,

Yes, dear friend, we are once again engaged in Mafia combat. That said, I am honoured and privileged to have people of your calibre and character here to play with. There is no hate here from me (not towards you at least) and I trust you may join me in the civil and respectful exchange of friends as befits a true gentleman as yourself. It is indeed a beautiful opportunity and I too, am happy to share it with you.

My apologies for sleeping in through last EoD. I was exhausted and forgot to set the alarm :(

I see that Master-Sloonei has joined us in place of poor Owner. This is great news in my view. This game now contains the elite of Mafia experience and skill of the Syndicate and I look forward to a cracking game!
Epi, I find your response here to my earlier remark about Jay and Master-Sloonei intriguing. You feel slighted that I don’t consider you elite? Well, there’s the thing. From my perspective, you round out the Syndicate’s ‘triumvirate of eliteness’. The difference between you and the other two though, is that Jay (in particular) and Master-Sloonei are accomplished at being Town (you only have to look at Jay’s recent analysis posts, with each one I think he feels more and more Townie). You, however I don’t think are quite in the same league in that respect (certainly you don’t appear to possess the ability to Town read me - you couldn’t do it in Battlestar Galactica and I think it’s beyond you here). I believe that in being bad is where your strength lies. That is where I think you are most formidable. Just thought I’d clarify that for you!
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Glorfindel »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:03 am Image

The following players are ON NOTICE:

MacDougall
JaggedJimmyJay
Jackofhearts2005
Long Con
Glorfindel
karavalenge

You are ON NOTICE.

(meaning these players are most deserving of my scrutiny for the remainder of this day phase and my vote will almost certainly be within this pool)

now if you'll excuse me, I have some investigation I've been meaning to do regarding Jack.

[mention]nutella[/mention] Would you please confirm for me... Is this meant to be some kind of, I dunno... THREAT?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 182
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Alright folks, I've decided I got to patch the House Cup.

From now on, no Houses can win the Cup two consecutive days. This starts having effect right now, so Gryffindor is out of today's cup.

This is because I think the current system allows for a snowball effect a little more than I had predicted. Like, killing/lynching inactives actually helps the house. And I want everyone to have a shot at buying those items.

Also an addendum: if you get the "Use all of your 3 abilities" bonus in the day your house is not allowed to win, the bonus will be transferred to the next day's cup.
poutanko
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by poutanko »

Anyone remember the wagon before it changed to Soneji? I don't want to track the vote posts and make a list ( ̄▽ ̄)
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 648
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

poutanko wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:59 am

ColinIsCool - town
DharmaHelper - town
insertnamehere - town
JaggedJimmyJay - town
Kylemii - scum
Bullzeye - town
Epignosis - town
Glorfindel - town
poutanko - town
Soneji - scum
juliets - scum
Long Con - town
Lunalee - scum
MacDougall - scum
Quin - town
Jackofhearts2005 - town
karavalenge - scum
lapluie - town
timmer - town
>why did you read Jay as Town then scum this DP?
>do you still has same read on MacD? You voted him last DP.
>what made you read lapluie as Town?
Considering how vague Nutella’s suspicions on me are and how her case on Jay is just “fight me,” this rainbow and her current suspicions look made up.
timmer wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:07 am I've begun staring at the polls for awhile now, slightly drunk on port...

The deathly Hallows cannot be transferred, it says.

Do you think a baddie could have started with a hallow?
No reason they couldn’t.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:18 am
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:05 am RIP Civs, and great job vig again! Or alternate vig? :shrug2:
Lunalee wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:39 pm

Why?
Day 1, Jay built a case against INH and voted for him.
Jay calls INH out for his player salad, which included Jay
There are multiple other interactions of Jay quoting INH and calling him bad.
So I don't see it.
@nutella you going to respond? This JJJ vote of yours is spicy and fun, but could use some savoury goodness. Here's the opportunity to try out your new recipe.
Tbh it was mostly inspired by the "maaaayybe Jay" in INH's salad post, combined with INH's overall progression on Jay. For a while in his iso it looks like Jay is maybe his top suspect but he drops down to that "maaaayyybe" without much explanation.

So it's sort of a hunch stemming from that, I'm still sorting out whether I think that on the other side of the coin Jay would be likely to have gone after a teammate in the way he went after INH. I was looking for a past game example of Jay bussing, but his only scum game I could remember was the Phenon Origins sock game and that was a weird one where roles weren't revealed and I couldn't quite draw a comparison (also I don't even really remember how it went down, you were the sacrifice right? maybe you could help) so anyway the jury's still kinda out on that
I don’t see this in INH’s iso at all.

I did see this, though, which seems to look more like an accusation than distancing.
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:36 pm
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:29 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:17 pm
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:58 pm

Okay, but how do you feel about nutella's quick acceptance that you must be town based on your response?
Not great in the context of her quick condemnation of me earlier. Then again, you were the one who started the whole condemnation conga, based on my dastardly practice of providing commentary on the thread.
Hey, I've noticed scum make long but meaningless posts by providing commentary on the thread before, so when I saw a hint of that in your posts, it set off alarm bells. But lol, you don't feel great about nutella for her quick flop on you, but "I started it" by expressing my suspicions?
But that's not what I did, Luna.

Let me explain: you started the "condemnation conga" by jumping on JJJ's weak case against me with vague-ass reasoning. Then, Nutella jumps on board, then off board. Y'all both don't look great.
Better look for Luna than Nutella but still good for Nutella. INH never lead in votes right?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:44 am
timmer wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:40 am I'm a bit lit.

I'm hot liking long con
:grin:
:haha: :clap:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:46 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:57 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:03 pmIs Jack bad?
To the bone. :mafia:

But I ain't no death eater.
The llama method says that baddies are made uncomfortable by direct statements of their alignment. It used to be that they’d have trouble denying their badness at all, but once that became an established tell folks adapted to it. Now the tell, if it really exists, would awkwardly worded answers.

I’ve read like 5 of Jack’s posts but this one had the ring of someone who was being too careful to sound casual.
So read the rest of my posts, Loony. *sneers*
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:01 am In all seriousness though, lit!timmer might have a point. Even regardless of owner's alignment I could read LC as bad. Looking at his ISO I'ma just pull out the top 3 most suspicious posts at face value:

here
and here
are two examples of eager-as-a-puppy hopping onto other people's potential easy reasons to go after someone

and this
could be what some like to call the "caught for the wrong reasons" tell

ok that was a fun exercise but from looking through his ISO I think he has more posts that leave me with town feelings than posts that don't :shrug2: what might merit deeper analysis is his d2 case against Luna that he seemed pretty confident in a while but he eventually switched to INH, and that could be teammate compatible since I think he'd have reason to be confident that an INH lynch wasn't going to take flight by that point

Well, at least it means LC unlikely teamed with Nutella, Luna, Owner.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:02 am
timmer wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:40 am I'm struggling to pst what I wantto say properly, I'm a bit lit.

I'll write it better tomorrow but I'm hot liking long con s vote history and vote timing... I think it is vey possible he saved owner day 1. I think his inh vote needs more study too. He's been very manipulative with his voting strategy and his early stated aim to be hallow hunting makes for easy cover for those late votes

I'll try to lay it out better tomorrow
Well, it's very '100% accurate' that I saved Owner on Day 1, not just 'possible'. It was tied between Owner and TH, and I voted TH in the last minute. I don't think the INH vote was that late... it was late in my personal timeline, but there were a couple of hours left in the lynch, and I wasn't in contention for any Hallows that time.

Lay it out better tomorrow, Lit.
Yeah, LC/Owner not w/w.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloaner

Return to “Previous Jobs”