Total votes: 17
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 1]

Post by juliets »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:30 am What is the case on Jack? I see two votes on him but I don't remember anything that really pinged me.
I was about to ask this same question. I think nutella may have voted him because of Hogwarts but I'm not sure. I need to ISO Mac to see if he explained his vote - I've forgotten it if he did.

[mention]Long Con[/mention] can you do the ISO links? If you don't have time, if you do one so I can see the format I will do them for you a little at a time.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok, I found this quote from Mac:
MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:53 pm Oh I just read some Jack posts that pinged me. There's no actual case there.
Mac, would you share what posts pinged you?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

YAY [mention]Turnip Head[/mention], you are my hero. Long Con can copy those into his post up front.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 282

Post by S~V~S »

colonialbob wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:41 am
S~V~S wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:46 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:42 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:39 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:33 pm
    nutella wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:52 pm Screw it let's get this over with early or I'll be uneasy for the rest of the game [VOTE: jackofhearts] aubergine
    Sorry, but that is not a god reason to vote someone. Anything Jack has done this game to make you suspect him?
    It's day 1. Nobody has a good reason to vote anyone. Why did you pick nutella to attack? Is it because Jack's your scum teammate? Got eem.
    I have a good reason to vote Colin. Point invalid.
    What does your valid suspicion of Colin have to do with Macs question about your attack (and your post did feel rather aggressive to me) on nutella?

I am going to drop a vote on you for now. I don't believe that I (like Sorsha, who you noted had not played with you) have ever played with you. Perhaps this is your normal tone, and if so others will point it out, and then that might give me BOTD. But for now your tone has pinged me enough to vote on it.

[VOTE: Lunalee] aubergine
    Could you please explain this read a little more? What do you feel is Luna's tone and why is it pinging you?
    I see you later found it but here it is with more thought behind it.

I threaded it out a bit more in another reply to her. She seems aggressive to me, or annoyed, more to me like she is annoyed people suspect certain people becasue SHE doesn't see it. I browsed a bit in her prior games, and did not see this tone in the past, but it was a very superficial browse. This is the thing that has most stood out to me this Day One. I don't know her or her game. So it could be that she is a civ being manipulated, for instance, in square BTS. Someone acting like they have BTS doesn't mean they are bad in a game like this. The more I see of her in this game, I think maybe she and I are approaching the same place from different directions. Odds are good I will move my vote off of her, but I am not sure where yet. Having reread her, I find I often like what she says, it is the way that she says it that pings me, and I am a tone reader. That's how I play.

I was hoping by now that people would have chimed in to tell me that either this IS or IS NOT the norm for her, and as far as I can tell on a quick skim only Juliets gave an opinion ( <3 ).

I have liked what DDL said since his early "Helpful Civvie" post. That also could havebeen a gambit on his part to get a reaction from a less experienced baddie. I got caught out in my first baddie game (it was a Twilight themed game on Lostpedia) by LC, actually, with a similar post. He said me role seemed weak to him, and I pride compelled me to stupidly reply to him. I think I was lynched Day One, lol.

I do not particularly suspect Sloonei. I searched all his posts for the word "genuine" and I got 210 hits. Did not check whether they were used in bad games or good. While I think Epi has an uncanny knack for picking out language tells, I don't want to lynch someone Day One over it.
    juliets wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:41 am YAY @ Turnip Head, you are my hero. Long Con can copy those into his post up front
    This ^^ Thank you, TH.
    nutella wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:00 am
    S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:52 am Woke up in the middle of the night can't sleep grabbed my phone and read the last page,

Sloonie and Nutella sitting in a tree, k.

That is all goodnight.
    go back to sleep grandma :meany:
    On one level I guess I asked for this. Early in the game you were making alot of posts that seemed to be inside jokes, yet you were posting them on topic. When I asked for clarity, I made a crack about being an old lady (you never did reply to that post). But my point up there was that you seem to be crawling way up Slooneis ass.

Please don't call me Grandma again.

Now what did you not like about Tranqs post?
    nutella wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:02 am
    Tranq wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:55 am Yeah i'm not feeling this Sloonei case. He reads civ to me. Also voting the top poster on Day 1 isn't a great idea.

G-Man is someone i want to hear more from today. I want to see how he responds to DDL and INH (maybe others?) calling him out.
    I don't like this post
    And can you explain your Jack vote in more depth as I don't understand it, or is it just "Yuk Yuk past games" kinda vote, or a temp vote, in which case, meh. I can dig it.
    Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
    That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
    Turnip Head
    Root Vegetable
    Posts in topic: 70
    Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Lunalee wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:30 pm My valid suspicion of Colin shows that day one can contain valid suspicions.
    Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:07 amI have a genuine Day 1 suspicion of Colin
    My question is for Epignosis, is the first quote suss?
    Turnip Head
    Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

G-Man's not as loosey goosey as I remember
    juliets
    Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:04 am G-Man's not as loosey goosey as I remember
    TH, what does this mean?

ImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImage
    ImageImage
    Jackofhearts2005
    something funny
    Posts in topic: 382
    Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

colonialbob wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:33 am Jackofhearts2005-bydoobydoo, where are you? We have much to discuss
    It's my daughter's fourth birthday today so I'm not going to be super active for the rest of the phase.

Would love to be atmentioned with cases and questions though.
    Turnip Head
    Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:05 am
    Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:04 am G-Man's not as loosey goosey as I remember
    TH, what does this mean?
    Like in Economics when he posted in all pictures. He's a goofy poster. He's more measured here so far.
    Turnip Head
    Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

G-Man took a strong stance on the tie issue but that's a general sort of thing... no details on any actual players
    S~V~S
    Captain Obvious
    Posts in topic: 282

Post by S~V~S »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:08 am
    colonialbob wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:33 am Jackofhearts2005-bydoobydoo, where are you? We have much to discuss
    It's my daughter's fourth birthday today so I'm not going to be super active for the rest of the phase.

When we had played in the past, I recall you as having a certain slightly mean edge to you when you were bad. I reread you (you have not said much) and am not seeing it at all here. You could have changed, I guess, but I think it looks like you are taking joke votes?

[mention]Turnip Head[/mention] I had forgotten that G Man did those self curse things, good times. He can be awkward as a baddie, he does not like lying. Plus he always says he is going to watch me very carefully as we had an awesome evil time as BTS baddies in BSG, and I don't know that he has mentioned me at all. I will reread him.
    Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
    That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
    juliets
    Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:12 am
    TH, what does this mean?
    Like in Economics when he posted in all pictures. He's a goofy poster. He's more measured here so far.
    Oh, ok - I don't remember playing Economics (I think I sat that one out) so I didn't realize that was a thing.

ImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImage
    ImageImage
    juliets
    Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

TH, what does this mean?
    One more question - was he bad or good in that game?

ImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImage
    ImageImage
    Jackofhearts2005
    something funny

S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:18 am
    Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:08 am

When we had played in the past, I recall you as having a certain slightly mean edge to you when you were bad. I reread you (you have not said much) and am not seeing it at all here. You could have changed, I guess, but I think it looks like you are taking joke votes.
    I’m sometimes a little mean to get what I want, usually when I’m town and utterly convinced I’m right or when I’m scum. You’re not going to see that D1 regardless and when I’m scum, you’ll see it more in late game.

Mac’s not joking. He’s doing that thing where he goes after someone hard early on but doesn’t put forth a convincing case. He often does this to actual mafia members and tends to not actually get a lynch. I’m not sure if the later thing is intentional. Not sure why Nutella is voting me but whatever.
    Jackofhearts2005
    something funny

nutella wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:52 pm Screw it let's get this over with early or I'll be uneasy for the rest of the game [VOTE: jackofhearts] aubergine
    Disappointed in you.
    Turnip Head
    Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

To be fair to G-Man, it's still Day 1 and I try not to hold anyone to their past meta. But he got into it with DH over the tie thing, and I wonder if that's a bone he wanted to pick, or simply a bone he thought he could pick to look involved (which he sort of copped to himself).
    timmer
    Racketeer
    Posts in topic: 184

Post by timmer »

I actually loved that big post of his. It kind of captures how I like to handle the first few days of a game, better than I could have written it.
    My siggie.
    Jackofhearts2005
    something funny

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:37 pm
    colonialbob wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:48 am Hmm good, we've started actually playing.

Epi, you still feeling DDL?

SVS could be obliquely defending sabie or poking Sloonei. Not a big fan of sabie's response.

Jackofhearts2005 want to trust team? Coming back to a 30 player fancy game is intimidating and I need to find a handhold somewhere.
    Why Jack?
    Cause I’m always town. Duh.
    colonialbob
    Loan Shark
    Posts in topic: 384
    Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

colonialbob wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:01 am
    Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:22 am
    DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:05 am
    Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:01 am
    timmer wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:56 am Just reread it. You say you have a case but then the next sentences are all qualifiers and concerns about side angles which serve to weaken it. You spend more time on the side stuff that concern you about it than your actual suspicion. I don't know how else to explain your post to you, lol. I'm heading to bed, g'night. Hopefully you will see things clearly soon.
    I said I have a suspicion, but that I also have reservations about the way Colin is being treated in the thread. If it’s messy, it’s because my thought process is unsettled. Because it’s Day 1. You’ve lamented yourself how difficult Day 1 often is. I wasn’t distracted from my suspicion on Colin. I was simply discussing it within the context of the game. I then laid out my case in another post shortly after, but you’re not looking at that because it’s not included in Epi’s (intentionally) bullshit case.
    To what end do you think Epignosis has fabricated this case against you?
    He does things like this often. I don't care to speculate on why I think he's doing this or what his motivations could be, but I've seen him employ fake reads as a civilian too many times to be upset by it. It's upsetting that you guys are listening to him though.

I can give evidence in support of my belief that he's full of bologna though. First, let's establish that Epignosis is not a frivolous mafia player. He is calculated and clever, and puts real, honest, sincere thought into the things that he does regardless of his alignment. Now let's look at the case that he made. It starts here:
    Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:18 am
    Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:14 am
    Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:10 am What mafia member says, "You know what? I'm going to plop a lazy third vote down on DDL early on in the day and draw attention to myself! That's a great idea!"

Lock civilian.
    a careless one

this is not my primary concern about colin anyway.
    You're the one who is bad.
    Short, impulsive declaration of the read. Okay. Nothing too strong yet, but this isn't the most severe introduction to a case I've ever seen from him.
    Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:23 am Sloonei is so bad.
    This is where he starts to get a bit loosey goosey (read: not serious, frivolous). This type of post is more at home in Macdougall's ISO, not Epi's. He's just stirring a pot.
    Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:23 am I am about to dismantle you in front of your peers. Are you ready?
    Colorful and playful banter. Yeah, this is not serious business Epi.
    Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:28 am
    Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:07 am I've added another town read to my list.

I have a genuine Day 1 suspicion of Colin, but am I little anxious about the ease with which his case gained momentum. His post about bandwagonining DDL is patented shady-nasty business, but I don't know how to feel about the seemingly exaggerated scrutiny it's received. Then again, there's also the fact that we have two scum teams. It's entirely possible for scum to pile on an easy bandwagon that ends up being correct. I'd like for Colin to say things. I'll lay out my own gripes against them so he has more variety to respond to. I was voting for Colin before it was cool, after all.
    You qualified your suspicion of Colin as "genuine." If you are a civilian, what else could it be? Why is the adjective necessary?

I know people will roll their eyes, but someone literally did this in the Mafia Universe game I was in, and I backed off on it, and the mafia won.

Fuck that. Fuck adverbs and adjectives and adjuncts.

The bottom line is that you started out with telling us your suspicion of Colin is genuine, but then you talked about how anxious you feel about other people agreeing that he's bad.

After that you have to talk about two bad teams. Who the fuck cares?

Voting Sloonei.
    This is the case. This is a very narrow-minded case from Epignosis. Yes, he picks at linguistic oddities from time to time, but that's the only typical Epignosis characteristic in this post. I believe he knows exactly what I meant when I qualified my Colin read. I also don't believe he's suspicious of a person for expressing reservations about a Day 1 read. Epignosis, serious Epignosis, understands that Day 1 reads are fluid, unsettled, and changing. He might have a little bit of suspicion against me. He does not have "Sloonei is so bad, I'm going to dismantle him" level of suspicion. Certainly not 24 hours into a game.
    Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:38 am
    Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:33 am
    Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:07 am I've added another town read to my list.

I have a genuine Day 1 suspicion of Colin, but am I little anxious about the ease with which his case gained momentum. His post about bandwagonining DDL is patented shady-nasty business, but I don't know how to feel about the seemingly exaggerated scrutiny it's received. Then again, there's also the fact that we have two scum teams. It's entirely possible for scum to pile on an easy bandwagon that ends up being correct. I'd like for Colin to say things. I'll lay out my own gripes against them so he has more variety to respond to. I was voting for Colin before it was cool, after all.
    You qualified your suspicion of Colin as "genuine." If you are a civilian, what else could it be? Why is the adjective necessary?

I know people will roll their eyes, but someone literally did this in the Mafia Universe game I was in, and I backed off on it, and the mafia won.

The bottom line is that you started out with telling us your suspicion of Colin is genuine, but then you talked about how anxious you feel about other people agreeing that he's bad.

Voting Sloonei.
    "Genuine" because the first play in the Day 1 Sloonei playbook is to throw crap at the wall and see what sticks. Case in point: My Tranq vote which I just talked about in my previous post. Or, you know, any other game I've ever played on the Syndicate. I clarified that my Colin suspicion is genuine to iterate that this is more than just pot-stirring. My vote is on him because I actually find things he's said to be suspicious, not solely because I want to make people respond to my vote being on him.
    If your suspicion of Colin was true, none of the red shit I highlighted would logically follow. If you truly believe Colin is bad you wouldn't care if other people think so too (in fact, you should welcome it), you wouldn't care how many teams there are (who gives a shit?) and you wouldn't care if bad guys lynch other bad guys.

You are bad. This is obvious to me.
    The bullshit alarms are sounding all over this post, but I don't care. This post presents my read as if all Day 1 reads should be black and white. "If you believe Colin is bad you wouldn't care if other people think so too, as if everything that is happening here is in its own little vacuum and my read should be concretely settled because I believe in it. He then reaffirms how "obvious" it is that I am bad as if any of this stuff holds weight, or as if he'd really be so sure this early in a game. This is not a sincere case from Epginosis.

Epi is my strongest town read in the game.
    Sloonbeard, I like the cut of your jib, but I don't love this post. If Epi is doing an epi thing and manufacturing a case, doesn't calling it out like this undermine whatever he is trying to accomplish?
    [mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] thoughts? Kind of needs the context to understand though
    Jackofhearts2005
    something funny

Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:41 pm (In general I always think that pushing for a tie is a lame strategy. There's always a mechanism for deciding the result, and that mechanism always takes the responsibility of the outcome away from the hands of the voters, and that's never preferable. The existence of the tribunal does not change that. We should avoid any situations that would make the tribunal relevant, but none of this is really special to this game.)
    So say we all.
    timmer
    Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Sloonei, I went to sleep kind of bothered by your reaction to my agreeing with Epig... I've been thinking about it, and i think it comes down to terminology. I really don't like putting cases forward until I feel like I've got some meat on the bone, so it's why in the early game I don't tend to try to lead as I don't sniff out the things that some people do early on. So when I saw your post, mentioning a genuine read, i perked up because from my pov, if *I* announced I had a genuine read, it would mean like, dudes, I actually noticed something significant. So then when your post descended into a series of concerns and other angles that seemed to show a lack of faith in your genuine read, it made no sense to me. But, I think it mostly made no sense because *I* wouldn't use those words in that position, so it seemed pingy to me. I'm still not a huge fan of it, to be clear. DH's color scheme actually showed much better the depth of what i tried to call distraction from your point.

But it's Day 1. I'm not sure why you seemed to take my agreement kind of personally (throwing phones, etc.). When I agree with a post on Day 1, it's a day 1 agreement, you know? Soemthing like that wouldnt hold as much water on, say, Day 5. And note i haven't voted you. I just simply liked what Epig and later DH, pointed out.

i hope that makes sense.
    My siggie.
    Jackofhearts2005
    something funny

[mention]colonialbob[/mention]

If the summary is

Colin: Imma do something that comes across as suspicious D1.
    Sloonei: Vote Colin
    Epi: Bullshit. Colin is town, therefore you are bad.

Then I tend to lean on Sloonei being bad over Colin. Colin has been almost mislynched like thirty times in the past couple games. Sloonei should know better.

Will update this read once I get to the part of the thread where Colin actually does the suspicious thing.

I think Epi?’s suspicion on DDL was junk but I don’t know why others jumped on DDL.
    Jackofhearts2005
    something funny

Ugh. Less than an hour to go and I need to shower...

Water damage...missing the lynch...whatever damage...
    Turnip Head
    Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:19 pm Ugh. Less than an hour to go and I need to shower...

13 hours plz take a bath
    Jackofhearts2005
    something funny

Which comes first? Am or pm?
    timmer
    Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:19 pm Ugh. Less than an hour to go and I need to shower...

Wat? I think we have lots of time left?
    My siggie.
    Turnip Head
    Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

12pm is noon, 12am is midnight, also I just realized how unintuitive that really is
    Sloonei
    Cap'n Sloonbeard
    Posts in topic: 629
    Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

colonialbob wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:48 am

Who do you consider questionable on the Colin wagon?
    Luna’s vote has the potential for opportunism. There may have been others who lended vocal support to the case, but I don’t recall at the moment. I’ll look back later.
    My banners:
    ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
    timmer
    Racketeer

Post by timmer »

So, rereading Colin's ISO, I'm prob not voting him today. Most of his output seems more flippant than baddie, like he's goofing, and the kicker for me is that he said he wouldn't be around today, and I can't jump on a bandwagon against a guy who won't be here to defend himself. I'm at work, so I'm going to sporadically ISO people as work flow permits.
    My siggie.
    Sloonei
    Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

colonialbob wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:01 am
    Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:22 am
    DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:05 am
    Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:01 am
    timmer wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:56 am Just reread it. You say you have a case but then the next sentences are all qualifiers and concerns about side angles which serve to weaken it. You spend more time on the side stuff that concern you about it than your actual suspicion. I don't know how else to explain your post to you, lol. I'm heading to bed, g'night. Hopefully you will see things clearly soon.
    I said I have a suspicion, but that I also have reservations about the way Colin is being treated in the thread. If it’s messy, it’s because my thought process is unsettled. Because it’s Day 1. You’ve lamented yourself how difficult Day 1 often is. I wasn’t distracted from my suspicion on Colin. I was simply discussing it within the context of the game. I then laid out my case in another post shortly after, but you’re not looking at that because it’s not included in Epi’s (intentionally) bullshit case.
    To what end do you think Epignosis has fabricated this case against you?
    He does things like this often. I don't care to speculate on why I think he's doing this or what his motivations could be, but I've seen him employ fake reads as a civilian too many times to be upset by it. It's upsetting that you guys are listening to him though.

I can give evidence in support of my belief that he's full of bologna though. First, let's establish that Epignosis is not a frivolous mafia player. He is calculated and clever, and puts real, honest, sincere thought into the things that he does regardless of his alignment. Now let's look at the case that he made. It starts here:
    Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:18 am
    Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:14 am
    Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:10 am What mafia member says, "You know what? I'm going to plop a lazy third vote down on DDL early on in the day and draw attention to myself! That's a great idea!"

Lock civilian.
    a careless one

this is not my primary concern about colin anyway.
    You're the one who is bad.
    Short, impulsive declaration of the read. Okay. Nothing too strong yet, but this isn't the most severe introduction to a case I've ever seen from him.
    Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:23 am Sloonei is so bad.
    This is where he starts to get a bit loosey goosey (read: not serious, frivolous). This type of post is more at home in Macdougall's ISO, not Epi's. He's just stirring a pot.
    Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:23 am I am about to dismantle you in front of your peers. Are you ready?
    Colorful and playful banter. Yeah, this is not serious business Epi.

Voting Sloonei.
    This is the case. This is a very narrow-minded case from Epignosis. Yes, he picks at linguistic oddities from time to time, but that's the only typical Epignosis characteristic in this post. I believe he knows exactly what I meant when I qualified my Colin read. I also don't believe he's suspicious of a person for expressing reservations about a Day 1 read. Epignosis, serious Epignosis, understands that Day 1 reads are fluid, unsettled, and changing. He might have a little bit of suspicion against me. He does not have "Sloonei is so bad, I'm going to dismantle him" level of suspicion. Certainly not 24 hours into a game.
    Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:38 am
    Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:33 am

Voting Sloonei.
    "Genuine" because the first play in the Day 1 Sloonei playbook is to throw crap at the wall and see what sticks. Case in point: My Tranq vote which I just talked about in my previous post. Or, you know, any other game I've ever played on the Syndicate. I clarified that my Colin suspicion is genuine to iterate that this is more than just pot-stirring. My vote is on him because I actually find things he's said to be suspicious, not solely because I want to make people respond to my vote being on him.
    If your suspicion of Colin was true, none of the red shit I highlighted would logically follow. If you truly believe Colin is bad you wouldn't care if other people think so too (in fact, you should welcome it), you wouldn't care how many teams there are (who gives a shit?) and you wouldn't care if bad guys lynch other bad guys.

You are bad. This is obvious to me.
    The bullshit alarms are sounding all over this post, but I don't care. This post presents my read as if all Day 1 reads should be black and white. "If you believe Colin is bad you wouldn't care if other people think so too, as if everything that is happening here is in its own little vacuum and my read should be concretely settled because I believe in it. He then reaffirms how "obvious" it is that I am bad as if any of this stuff holds weight, or as if he'd really be so sure this early in a game. This is not a sincere case from Epginosis.

Epi is my strongest town read in the game.
    Sloonbeard, I like the cut of your jib, but I don't love this post. If Epi is doing an epi thing and manufacturing a case, doesn't calling it out like this undermine whatever he is trying to accomplish?
    Maybe a little, but I got annoyed that people were actually buying it and wanted to nip it in the bud. I apologize if I’ve ruined a plan, but I wasn’t up for being scrutinized today. But I also do not know what he was trying to accomplish, but I highly doubt that his goal was “lynch Sloonei”, so when other people started to run with it my instinct was to defend myself. I let Epi do his thing when he was the only one accusing me, but then timmer and DH turned their guns on me and there was nobody else here so the case had snowball potential.
    My banners:
    ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
    Sloonei
    Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:05 am
    Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:46 am
    DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:42 am
    I'm not overly concerned with DDL's post speculating about role alignments. It's not wrong to suggest that baddies will talk about mechanics rather than gameplay early on, but I don't necessarily get that vibe from DDL. That's not to say I get definitively town vibes from him, but he's shown himself to be a somewhat idiosyncratic player in the past and I've mistakenly held that against him more than once. Also, he's not shied away from gameplay discussion either.

That said, his posts haven't read as surefire civilian to me. Some things:
    This gave me vertigo.
    Reads are rarely well-defined on Day 1.
    I feel like you have made more remarks about how Day 1 is supposed to be weak than anyone else even though you have more posts and contribution than most people anyway.
    Because people have been suspecting me for not having rock solid reads.
    My banners:
    ImageImageImageImage
    Sloonei
    Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:23 am
    TH, what does this mean?
    Oh, ok - I don't remember playing Economics (I think I sat that one out) so I didn't realize that was a thing.
    Economics was my first game on the Syndicate and having a guy post in all pictures for no reason was hilarious and charming and made me want to stay.
    My banners:
    ImageImageImageImage
    juliets
    Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

timmer wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:40 pm So, rereading Colin's ISO, I'm prob not voting him today. Most of his output seems more flippant than baddie, like he's goofing, and the kicker for me is that he said he wouldn't be around today, and I can't jump on a bandwagon against a guy who won't be here to defend himself. I'm at work, so I'm going to sporadically ISO people as work flow permits.
    I agree. Is the biggest reason Colin has votes because he put his vote on DDL when he said he probably wouldn't be here today? (I'm asking anyone not just timmer).

ImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImage
    ImageImage
    Long Con
    So Divine
    Posts in topic: 121
    Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

juliets
    Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:52 pm
    TH, what does this mean?
    Economics was my first game on the Syndicate and having a guy post in all pictures for no reason was hilarious and charming and made me want to stay.
    Haha yes it does sound pretty funny.

Was he bad or good?

ImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImage
    ImageImage
    Turnip Head
    Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

[mention]juliets[/mention] G-Man was good in Econ
    Sloonei
    Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

timmer wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:16 pm Sloonei, I went to sleep kind of bothered by your reaction to my agreeing with Epig... I've been thinking about it, and i think it comes down to terminology. I really don't like putting cases forward until I feel like I've got some meat on the bone, so it's why in the early game I don't tend to try to lead as I don't sniff out the things that some people do early on. So when I saw your post, mentioning a genuine read, i perked up because from my pov, if *I* announced I had a genuine read, it would mean like, dudes, I actually noticed something significant. So then when your post descended into a series of concerns and other angles that seemed to show a lack of faith in your genuine read, it made no sense to me. But, I think it mostly made no sense because *I* wouldn't use those words in that position, so it seemed pingy to me. I'm still not a huge fan of it, to be clear. DH's color scheme actually showed much better the depth of what i tried to call distraction from your point.

But it's Day 1. I'm not sure why you seemed to take my agreement kind of personally (throwing phones, etc.). When I agree with a post on Day 1, it's a day 1 agreement, you know? Soemthing like that wouldnt hold as much water on, say, Day 5. And note i haven't voted you. I just simply liked what Epig and later DH, pointed out.

i hope that makes sense.
    Yeah I’ve also slept on it and decided I don’t find your responses suspicious. To be clear, I didn’t take your responses so personally, that was all more in response to DH’s involvement.

With your posts I was also just pinged by your use of a single word (“distracted”), but I can see now how that would come from a civilian timmer. But while you were here I was gonna try to make you talk about your read. It wasn’t because I was offended, and I apologize if it came off that way or if I offended you in turn. I just like to have things explained in as much detail as possible. I probably got a bit more aggressive because I was the subject.
    My banners:
    ImageImageImageImage
    Sloonei
    Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:17 pm @colonialbob

If the summary is

Then I tend to lean on Sloonei being bad over Colin. Colin has been almost mislynched like thirty times in the past couple games. Sloonei should know better.

Will update this read once I get to the part of the thread where Colin actually does the suspicious thing.

I think Epi?’s suspicion on DDL was junk but I don’t know why others jumped on DDL.
    I voted for Colin long before his DDL vote.
    My banners:
    ImageImageImageImage
    Sloonei
    Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:55 pm
    TH, what does this mean?
    Haha yes it does sound pretty funny.

Was he bad or good?
    I don’t actually remember his alignment. It was a few years ago and I died early. I want to say he was either town or indie.
    My banners:
    ImageImageImageImage
    Sloonei
    Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: Luna] aubergine
    My banners:
    ImageImageImageImage
    G-Man
    Made Man
    Posts in topic: 38

Post by G-Man »

TH, what does this mean?
    Kibosh on that. I’m being as goofy as usual. You just haven’t found it yet.

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:41 am To be fair to G-Man, it's still Day 1 and I try not to hold anyone to their past meta. But he got into it with DH over the tie thing, and I wonder if that's a bone he wanted to pick, or simply a bone he thought he could pick to look involved (which he sort of copped to himself).
    It was a little of column A and a little of column B. It was equal parts “don’t tell me what I can’t do” and a self-serving way to make enough noise to stand out from other low-posters.

TH, what does this mean?
    Aw shucks, you’re sweet. But I had a very good reason for it. I was neck-deep in Biblical Mafia at the time and couldn’t handle full involvement in two post-heavy games at the same time. Posting only in pictures served to lower people’s expectations of my output in Economics. I stuck with it after dying in Biblical because it had become too fun to stop and would have struck some as odd. I was a civvie in that game but my shenanigans got me lynched in a LYLO that went down to the final two minutes. Golden the Coward was the baddie and he won the game. I try not to let my shenanigans impair me too much since that game.
    A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
    My Banners:
    Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
    I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
    DharmaHelper
    Capo Regime (Street Boss)
    Posts in topic: 1004

Post by DharmaHelper »

Brb
    our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
    ImageImage
    juliets
    Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:06 pm [VOTE: Luna] aubergine
    Because...?

ImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImage
    ImageImage
    DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:35 am
    DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:03 am
    And now to specific points I'd like to address:
    1. "This is very far off from how I was reading nutella at the moment. Idiosyncrasy and all, I perk up when a player comes out with a stance that is the polar opposite of my own. Doesn't mean he's bad, but it's a thing.
    This quote encapsulates the theme of the post as a whole pretty well. Fluffy nonsense that doesn't say anything definitive one way or the other. "DDL could be bad, or he could not, I dunno, he said something different than what I said, so its a thing."
    2. "I don't love this post and could read its tone as "baddie who's been caught for a dumb reason." But it's certainly frustrating to poke your head in on Day 1 and see that people are swarming around you."
    You "could" read it as bad. You "don't love" it? More fence-sitting language that opens the door a few creaks but stops just short of pulling the trigger. Primo Garbo.

Anyway that's all I got. This post looks like "Hey look everybody over here but maybe don't take this as me pushing a DDL case because fuck if he actually does get lynched I don't want to be held to account. Shit."
    Hey how about no. End the stigma against wishy-washiness. It is widely misunderstood and it's a common misconception that fence-sitting/being wishy-washy is scum-indicative but I think it is far more commonly civilian behavior. I don't have stats or anything but I'll fite u
    I don't believe you.

ImageImage
    ImageImage
    DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Tranq wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:55 am Yeah i'm not feeling this Sloonei case. He reads civ to me. Also voting the top poster on Day 1 isn't a great idea.

G-Man is someone i want to hear more from today. I want to see how he responds to DDL and INH (maybe others?) calling him out.
    Tranq out here buggin

ImageImage
    ImageImage
    Sloonei
    Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:24 pm
    Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:06 pm [VOTE: Luna] aubergine
    Because...?
    Just seeing how it feels. I like some of the things SVS has said about her, and the way she pounced on the Colin wagon seemed a little too bloodthirsty.
    My banners:
    ImageImageImageImage
    Jackofhearts2005
    something funny

Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:02 pm

If the summary is

Why then?
    juliets
    Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Lunalee wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:41 pm Really feeling a Colin vote right now. Mostly for the way he hopped on DDL so early.
    Luna, in this post you say "mostly" for the way he hopped on DDL so early. Are there other maybe more minor reasons you voted for him?

ImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImage
    ImageImage
    Sloonei
    Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:28 pm
    Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:02 pm

If the summary is

Why then?
    Click
    I made that post after the fact though. It was initially a pressure vote because Colin seemed to me to be trying to appear involved without actually saying much. His refusal to address my vote, coupled with his DDL vote, elevated it to a more serious (“genuine”) suspicion.
    My banners:
    ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”