Dark Willow (h/n/d)
71%

Total votes: 17
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1001

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 2]

Post by MacDougall »

That little spewforth by S-V-S was very mafia-y imo.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 282

Post by S~V~S »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:01 am That little spewforth by S-V-S was very mafia-y imo.
lol, in what way? Pray tell.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:00 am
S~V~S wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:17 am It almost feels like the thread is being intentionally obscured, discouraging people from reading it, by post bombing it. I used to know someone on LP who did that intentionally. That was almost how I felt about early Nutella, but then decided she was just shitposting.
Really? You sure it just can't be explained by the fact that this game started with 30 people?
No,in my hometown, every game started with 30 people. Some started with more; I played one game with 50 (although that epically never ended but that's a different story).

Thirty player games with 2 bad teams and often a Serial Killer as well were the norm.

I am not necessarily saying this is what is happening or that you are part of it if it was. You are literally across the world from most of us and have to get your posting out when most of us are in bed and you are a chatty guy. That was aimed more at Sloonei. He definitely has the posting to post feel to me. As I said, manic.

Now seriously gonna be late, can't wait to see the post count by the time I get home, not sure if I can pop in at work.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

ebwop, [mention]MacDougall[/mention] did you notice in my spewforth where I asked you to link me to the thing that so concerns you re TH & DH posting together?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Night 1]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:59 pm I went over JoH's ISO on a whim. It was very bland and did not suit my palate. -1 points.

linki: Did you have anything to say about them, nutella?
Wolbre was lynched for really silly reasons. That's on him as much as on the people that were after him. The counter wagons were... wilgy and Sloonei I think? One is a mislynch waiting to happen (or a lucky mafia lynch, IDK with lurker wilgy) and the other is Sloonei. Which no. Bad lynch.

Pulling something out of that rapid-fire linki-filled mess in which the guy who got lynched was daring the thread to lynch him doesn't seem like the best use of my time.
This sounds a bit arrogant towards the other players. It's like you see that lynch as beneath you.

Which is not a personal criticism I am making to you, but an invocation of the meta tell I have that players who have a negative view if town are less likely to be town.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 38

Post by G-Man »

Keeping up with this game is proving to be impossible. I remember now why I swore off playing games this large. I’m not even going to pretend that I will get caught up and ISO everyone before the Day 2 deadline. I will try but when there’s so much diarrhea of the mouth, my eyes glaze over and there will be much skimming.

For the record, I am posting such blunt comments and being honest with my intentions in order to stay just a hair above blendy. Taking me out will not help the civvie cause but it will help me get more work done in real life. Trade offs.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

G-Man wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:07 am Keeping up with this game is proving to be impossible. I remember now why I swore off playing games this large. I’m not even going to pretend that I will get caught up and ISO everyone before the Day 2 deadline. I will try but when there’s so much diarrhea of the mouth, my eyes glaze over and there will be much skimming.

For the record, I am posting such blunt comments and being honest with my intentions in order to stay just a hair above blendy. Taking me out will not help the civvie cause but it will help me get more work done in real life. Trade offs.
Is this an indie claim?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:30 am ebwop, @MacDougall did you notice in my spewforth where I asked you to link me to the thing that so concerns you re TH & DH posting together?
I sense a tone
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 384
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Enrique wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:59 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:55 am
Enrique wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:27 am Sloonei is probably not the main person we're looking for but this is really funny regardless and I'm not opposed to leaving my vote there.
Am I the only one who's concerned about this post? What does it mean that "Sloonei is probably not the main person we're looking for"? Are there "main" scum players that are supposed to be pursued over the others? If Sloonei is not the "main" target then who is? What does this post mean, Enrique?
It means you probably don't figure in my win conditions.
[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention]
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

So much going on as people are saying it is really hard to follow. RIP nutella. Corrupted remnant sounds bad but I guess we dont know a hundred percent whether it's bad or indie just that he wasnt a civ. I mean I feel like its beneficial that hes not in play as from the role it sounds like he could kill off civvie characters and would provide false information which would lead us in the wrong direction. I have work as well so not going to be able to do a lot during the day.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 1]

Post by colonialbob »

Lunalee wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:22 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:20 am
Lunalee wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:17 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:54 am
colonialbob wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:52 am People: "wilgy is a bad vote for people scared to be held responsible"

Also people: "nah let's not vote for anybody on his wagon"
[VOTE: tranq] aubergine

still want juliets
This post is weird and I may be misunderstanding it. But is colonialbob saying people scared to be held responsible will vote off wagon? Then Sloonei quotes it, not only saying he's voting off wagon, but that he's not even voting for who he wants to vote for. If you're going to vote off wagon anyways, why not go for juliets?
cbob was suggesting that we should vote for a player who was voting for wilgy at the time because a number of people were complaining that his wagon was shady and weak. Tranq was on the wagon and was a person who'd garnered a fair amount of suspicion.

Why'd you kill nutella?
I would like to look at Wolbre's wagon. That's a good place to start.

Nutella died? I haven't seen the end of night post.
Why does your response have nothing to do with Sloonei's post
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:59 am Here I will analyze TH's posts and specifically their interactions with other players:

1. Tranq Link Back and forth RE: poll options. Tranq gets up TH's ass about mentioning the possible civvieness of the poll option before voting. Pretty much IIRC the meatiest interaction Tranq has had yet. I'm gonna rate this sucker a Yellow.

2. Enrique Link Jokey "you bad?" post. Rating this one Yellow. as well since it looks like it could be distancing.

3. Epignosis Link Defends Sloonei from Epi by way of straw manning Luna. Rating this Green for Epi and Red for Sloonei and Yellow For Luna

4. G-Man Link G-Man emerges as a suspect to TH. Rating this Green for G.

5. Sloonei Link Waffley non-post about Sloonei that's also a defense without outright saying so. Red

6. Luna Link Says Luna looks "OK so far". Again not committing to much. Yellow for Luna.

7. Doc Link Defending the Doc's bullshit. Red for Doc.

8. Nutella Link "Good Catch" from nutella RE: Chuck/Sloonei. Buddying Nutella's suspicion of Chuck in order to (again) slyly defend Sloonei. Looks Green for nutella, Green for Chuck, Red For Sloonei.

9. Doc link Defends Doc by saying "more recently" he's been a civ when he's been inactive/low activity. Who gives a fuck? Red for Doc.

10. Sprityo Link Points out that sprityo is lurking and expresses a desire to lynch him. Green.

11. Doc Link Parrots my anger at Doc. Green for Doc.

So mostly bad for Sloonei and wilgy, iffy on Luna?
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:04 am If I had to pick a teammate out of those interactions I'd go Luna/Tranq/Enrique. The Sloonei interactions look like absolute dog shit but there's so much there it's more likely pocketing rather than actual teammate.
What about the person with all the red? Why not wilgy?
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:56 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:00 am Oh wow DH and TH and Yin and Yang. My dreams have come true.
Mac did indeed make this post. I didn't notice the vote shift. Can you explain what you saw in more detail, Mr Dougall?
I find this angle very intriguing
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

G-Man wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:07 am Keeping up with this game is proving to be impossible. I remember now why I swore off playing games this large. I’m not even going to pretend that I will get caught up and ISO everyone before the Day 2 deadline. I will try but when there’s so much diarrhea of the mouth, my eyes glaze over and there will be much skimming.

So don't iso anybody, maybe just Sloonei

On second thought maybe everybody except Sloonei would be easier
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:16 am
S~V~S wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:30 am ebwop, @MacDougall did you notice in my spewforth where I asked you to link me to the thing that so concerns you re TH & DH posting together?
I sense a tone
A tone of what? Confidence?

I think you are replying to this?
S~V~S wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:25 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:01 am That little spewforth by S-V-S was very mafia-y imo.
What I am asking in the post you quoted up there ^^ is a link to the part of the thread where TH/DH seemed to be working in tandem. You have mentioned that more than once and I cannot find it.

Also, like Enrique, I feel that Sloonei is incompatible with my win condition.

I am switching my vote to Sloonei.

[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

How disappointing that nutella died. She was a confident town read for me. I'm so glad the Trickster's gone though, and like S~V~S he wasn't even on my radar.

Sorry I did not get to this last night. I talked with llama and mongoose (who haven't been around in ages) until I fell asleep.

I have a somewhat urgent personal situation this morning so I'm going to throw out some reads and talk more about them when I'm home this afternoon.

I have 3 people I'm looking at as potentially bad: Wilgy, sprityo, and G-Man. I have indicated why I'm suspicious of wilgy and sprit, and indicated I had bad feelings about G. Sloonei did a good job of outlining some of the things I could not articulate. I feel bad if G is having a hard time keeping up but it doesn't change my suspicion.

People I'm reading as civ:

S~V~S because she seems like the old civ S~V~S. She's calling things out as she see's them and was not afraid to call out Luna even though she doesn't know her well. She understood what sig was saying with his bloodthirsty post instead of jumping on him for saying that about her. Bad S~V~S wouldn't have been that understanding.

DDL - In UPick DDL started out by doing some things that seemed a little odd or scummy but it turned out he was an indie who was a key component of the civ win. His tone in this game early on reminded me of that game and still does.

Luna - I so often misread her as bad. In this game her tone reminds me of Hogwarts where she was good. There was something in her posts I liked too but I can't remember it right now and don't have time to look back. I will later though.

Quin - his posts are to the point and several times I found myself agreeing with him. This appears to be civ Quin to me. Sloonei I read your synopsis of him this morning and will go back and bump that up against what I've seen because obviously you know his game a lot better than me, but for now I read him as civ.

timmer - In retrospect I like his post about TH. He saw something when the rest of us saw nothing. I liked his post about how much changing Sloonei had done, it really brought it into focus for me. Reads Luna as good which I do too.

Tranq - his explanation about why he said the poll options seemed meaningless was good Imo. He didn't fault DDL for his role alignment post because it's good to think hard about the role alignments in these map games. Voted DrWilgy again showing he was serious about his vote day 1.

There are a lot of people I have mixed reads on right now.

Sloonei, I maybe just don't play with you enough but I'm still bothered by your attempt to lynch me when you knew I wasn't around and wasn't going to be, after I had been around all day. I understand you didn't get to me until 10:40 but if I was bothering you why not look at me sooner? Also, I'm just wary of the rapid mind changing but am trying to accept that as just part of your style.

DH I want to call you civ. Your tone and spiciness make me think civ but you fooled me so bad last game.

Colin and c-bob I'm getting you mixed up. I need to do a back to back iso. I just don't have an opinion right now.

Dana I would love to see some reads from you.

Enrique haven't seen anything particularly bad or good. I probably need to look harder.

INH where are you? Can you provide some reads?

Jack I need to closely read you. There is enough there that I feel like I should have an opinion.

Kyle I have a hard time reading you. Will look more closely

Lorab have you given any reads yet?

Mac you seem like your civ self, and when you're civ your mafia nose is strong so I need to pay some more close attention to your reads. I know you didn't like my Wilgy vote but thats ok. The only reason your not in my civ category is I'm wary of your ability to fool me.

nova, maybe you should be on my potential baddie list. I know nothing about what you think. I remember you posting an emoji but I don't remember anything else. Could you provide some reads please?

sable, so sweet I want to call you civ. I need to see a little more though.

sig - I feel for sig because in discord he said late last week he had 4 projects and 3 finals coming up (this is when I was asking him to play) so I can understand how he could be distracted. I'd like to see some additional behavior though.

sorsha, I need to see more to have an opinion.

speed - not seeing anything particularly bad or good. Need more behavior and I need to ISO you.

Ok I think that's everyone. I can talk more about this this afternoon but right now I have an urgent appointment and then pt so be back sometime mid afternoon.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

So again busy day today, @ me if you want me to pay attention to something specific
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 168

Post by ColinIsCool »

I can get behind the Kyle suspish. That big post where he responded to all of Sloonei’s concerns point by point seems out of character for town-Kyle this early on, as if he’s going out of his way to look agreeable and eager to please. It’s not as big of a suspish than those I previously stated, but it’s a suspish.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 400

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:34 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:19 pm
Quin wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:24 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:16 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:59 am
Lunalee wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:30 pm My valid suspicion of Colin shows that day one can contain valid suspicions.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:07 amI have a genuine Day 1 suspicion of Colin
My question is for Epignosis, is the first quote suss?
No.

Double-standards, and what not, but I don't care.

Women write differently than men.
Epi is bad for not checking the context behind why Luna was using the word valid.
Or Turnip is bad for posing the question without checking the context behind why Luna was using the word valid.

got em
I don't follow pls explain
Sloonei and Luna's qualifiers are different. One could argue Sloonei was qualifying his post - "I have a genuine suspicion..." but Luna's use of valid is a reference to her earlier rebuttal where Mac said Day 1 cases are based on nothing and a direct quote using the term valid from SVS. The fact that she repeats the word valid in the same post should make this obvious.

Epi made a blanket statement about how women post which means he didn't check context. If he did he'd have realised the difference between the two. I don't expect this from town.
I didn't need to check context because I understood the post the first time I read it. And I read it as being deliberately snarky. I smiled when I read it.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:37 pm Taking a closer look at Luna to see how I feel about her contributions as a whole:
Cites a rule that could be broken if we're not careful. This can be seen in the same vein as DDL's mechanics-talk which got him into trouble. I'm not sure I want to treat it that way, but it's there.
Lunalee wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:23 pm @Sorsha Hi! I don't think I've played with you before. Also you're voting the same as me, and I thought that was cool. :)
Just sayin' hello. This post doesn't really do anything at all. Friendliness is forbidden in these parts. :srsnod: This would be a bit of evidence against a sorsha/luna baddie pairing if we ever get that far.
No it wouldn't.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:41 pm
Quin wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:34 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:19 pm
Quin wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:24 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:16 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:59 am
Lunalee wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:30 pm My valid suspicion of Colin shows that day one can contain valid suspicions.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:07 amI have a genuine Day 1 suspicion of Colin
My question is for Epignosis, is the first quote suss?
No.

Double-standards, and what not, but I don't care.

Women write differently than men.
Epi is bad for not checking the context behind why Luna was using the word valid.
Or Turnip is bad for posing the question without checking the context behind why Luna was using the word valid.

got em
I don't follow pls explain
Sloonei and Luna's qualifiers are different. One could argue Sloonei was qualifying his post - "I have a genuine suspicion..." but Luna's use of valid is a reference to her earlier rebuttal where Mac said Day 1 cases are based on nothing and a direct quote using the term valid from SVS. The fact that she repeats the word valid in the same post should make this obvious.

Epi made a blanket statement about how women post which means he didn't check context. If he did he'd have realised the difference between the two. I don't expect this from town.

Mmmmm ok I see. Don't think I agree though. I have other issues with Epi's gender-based statement but I think he is town. I think the point is a little stronger against TH though.
In my American literature course in college back in the day, the professor would assign weekly quizzes in class. The quizzes would consist of various passages, and my task was to identify the author of each one. The first thing I could decipher with each passage was whether a dude or gal wrote it.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 145

Post by sig »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:22 am Do we know for certain that Turnip Head was mafia and not independent? In no way do I discourage the search for potential teammate pairings, but I also want us to be aware that it’s not confirmed that he was scum. If someone else flips “Corrupted Remnant” then we’ll know. Until then, it’s not certain.
Ehhh I don’t like this, not at all.

I think it’s pretty clear TH was mafia based off of the flips. If not mafia mafia he’d be a cult element which is just as bad.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

G-Man wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:07 pm KA-POW! We watched Incredibles 2 tonight. I wasn’t all that impressed.

Anywho, the top five talkers by post count when I snagged it were Sloonei, DH, juliets, timmer, and Epi.

Sloonei was quite talkative for someone with a paper to write. From my skim, he started out throwing poo everywhere to fetch reactions. Standard issue stuff. He tried to shut down Epi’s ‘gotcha’ sequence and became less poo-flingy as the day went on. By the end of the ISO he felt more accommodating and interactive rather than just “WHAM with the poo and tell me how you feel about that.” More dialogue and less shooting from the hip. It’s been a long time since I played with full-bore Sloonei.

DH was a pretty good read but I know he’s wiley as all get out after seeing his charm offensive in Outpost 31. Thing of beauty, that one. He talks about a number of people without going too far in interpreting their actions. No seed-planting as far as I can detect. Nothing out of place there, but Outpost 31.

Juliets spends most of her time responding to people’s thoughts and stances on other people without offering many of her own thoughts on anyone. I feel like this is normal but it’s also easy to fake. Her post count is high but it is, as she admits, all over the place. Is she being a sponge or just feigning a somewhat active appearance?

Timmer feels like Timmer. Some general discussion the first half of Day 1 but he doesn’t just ride the phase out in neutral. He’s warming up, gradually engaging in discussion about specific people and offering his own insight. Progression doesn’t always mean anything but it felt good to see it from a Top 5 Talker.

Epi seemed to Epi along but then hit Sloonei with a try-hard sledgehammer with extra stank on it. He’s a force to be reckoned with regardless of alignment, and no one can accuse him of dialing it in early here. It’s a bold play for a baddie to try to demolish a civvie like this early but there are also two baddie teams, so baddies are hunting too. Fairly standard stuff but the presence of multiple baddie teams gives me pause.

If I had to put these five in order of most likely to be faking it to least likely, my gut puts it like this:

Juliets
Epi
Sloonei
DH
Timmer
I'm through page 17 and posting this as a bookmark. I want to revisit this assessment.

Speaking of assessment, I'm off to give one after a two-hour delay due to ice on the road (which looks like it's still there :| ).
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Lunalee »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:37 am
colonialbob wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:52 am People: "wilgy is a bad vote for people scared to be held responsible"

still want juliets
This post is weird and I may be misunderstanding it. But is colonialbob saying people scared to be held responsible will vote off wagon? Then Sloonei quotes it, not only saying he's voting off wagon, but that he's not even voting for who he wants to vote for. If you're going to vote off wagon anyways, why not go for juliets?
cbob was suggesting that we should vote for a player who was voting for wilgy at the time because a number of people were complaining that his wagon was shady and weak. Tranq was on the wagon and was a person who'd garnered a fair amount of suspicion.

Why'd you kill nutella?

How do you feel about the wilgy wagon? Why do you think nutella died?
I dont know, but I'd like to think the Wilgy wagon was good if Wilgy is scum. And that is a huge if.

The only thing that sticks out to me about nutella is her accusing speedchuck out of nowhere. But if speed were bad, I don't think he would kill her this early in the game. Perhaps one of the scum teams killed her because she was barking up the wrong tree, and they wanted to move suspicions off themselves.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 145

Post by sig »

And I don’t see more then three people per mafia team assuming we’ve got recruitment like in the last game. Meaning the team either acted very close as a unit or avoided each other
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 121
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

At this time, both baddie team names have only shown up in role PMs. Corrupt Remnant appeared in the night post. Jagged Blade has not appeared in the thread yet.

There is a rule about not reproducing Host PMs in the thread. Thank you to those that respect the rule.

For the record, Sloonei, whatever his alignment is, had both baddie team names in his PM. Stop angleshooting and play the game for real.
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:33 am
The people want Luna ISO 2.0, so I'm gonna give it to them! late Day 1 and on edition:
Lunalee wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:42 am Ahhh
Should I break the tie on wilgy or sloonei, or just stay on colin and ignore it?

linki: the tie is gone
WHAT IS THIS POST, LUNA? Why ignore it? What was going through your head as you entered the thread near the deadline? (I'll provide my own answer to that question, you tell me if i'm right or wrong)
Lunalee wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:44 am
wolbre04 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:42 am Well I guess getting lynched Day 1 means I can study more rip
but you're not getting lynched? Wilgy has 5 votes and you have 3
Are you sitting down?

Things were volatile, votes were changing every second. I don't get this post.
Lunalee wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:45 am I don't know what's going on and I don't have much time to catch up before EOD. Halp.
Verbal flailing.
Lunalee wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:52 am
wolbre04 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:41 am I always self destruct under pressure look back at the Peloponnesian war mafia game where I was town
:( Imma bet wolbre's town.
Good call right there.
Lunalee wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:55 am Wilgy on the other hand, has said nothing that looks lock-town.
I mean, given the options I can't say this vote is terrible. I'm not sure what to make of the note of confidence though. The vote feels a bit overstated, maybe.
Lunalee wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:56 am Voting Dr. Wilgy. Incase he's bad. Cause I don't thin Wolbre is.
I can't tell if this vote is more a defense of wolbre or an act against wilgy. It's both for sure, but I'm unclear on what luna's primary motive was, if that sort of thing matters at all.
Lunalee wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:58 am
wolbre04 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:57 am im not dying over an afk player
[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine
dude, please be civ, cause I just saved you for no reason and if you're bad I'm gonna die.
:ponder:
Conclusion on EOD Luna: She showed up late in the day with a vote parked on Colin. She needed to make a decision on Wilgy or wolbre and got involved. I like that on the surface. She made a decision and stuck to it. There was not a lot of time to think things through, so everything came out a bit jumbled, but I'd be interested in hearing what exactly was going through Luna's mind when she was deciding who to vote for, just to help contextualize these posts a bit better. I lean town on her behavior here, but that's not a strong read at the moment.
LOL, almost exactly what you saw me post in this thread was what was going on in my mind. I popped in about 15 till end of day, and I couldn't just not get involved, but I was scared that if I did get involved last minute and picked the wrong player to vote, it would make me look bad later. I skimmed both wolbre's and wilgy's most latest posts, and made my decision from that to vote wilgy. I ignored the other trains because I didn't have time to investigate more. And that's about it.
Lunalee wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:24 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:53 am Summary of my suspects: timmer, Sloonei, Tranq, INH, Luna.
:omg: PLAYA SALAD!

(joking, sort of.)
How seriously is this meant to be taken?
As seriously as you want to take it. I didn't feel confident enough in Colin's post to campaign for his lynch, but I did want to point out what I saw so everyone was aware that what Colin said was a bit shady.
Lunalee wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:12 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:58 am Bad wagon is bad. This is bad. One of the other two is Mafia and getting saved. Wilgy is always the mislynch.
...what if Mac and Wilgy are scummates.
I don't know. Do you think they are?

still want juliets

Why'd you kill nutella?

Agreed RE: wolbre wagon. Let us know what you think when you get a chance.

I wanted to doublecheck my town read on Luna from earlier and it hasn't gone away. It's still not super strong, but there's nothing here that really stands out to me as bad, and a few points that look genuine and proactive. I'd be open to alternative theories though.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:37 am
Lunalee wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:18 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:54 am I think we made the best decision I was able to come up with. That's all we can ask for in any lynch. :)
ew. Really don't like the vibe here.
We have this thing where we suspect each other in every game and we should probably stop doing that
Mac, I suspect everyone at one point or another. You don't get a special pass, my friend. :)
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Tranq wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:36 am
Lunalee wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:22 am Nutella died? I haven't seen the end of night post.
Why post before reading the night post? What if you had died?
That would have been a problem, and I have accidentally done that before. I was focused on catching up, and ignored the posts that were being made.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

colonialbob wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:26 am

still want juliets

Why'd you kill nutella?

Why does your response have nothing to do with Sloonei's post
I didn't read it close enough it seems. I understand what happened now. So Tranq was a valid option based on that plan. But since Wolbre flipped town, I think his wagon looks worse than Wilgy's, whose alignment is not known.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Ok so [VOTE: Tranq] aubergine

Hasn't done much to placate my previous suspicion.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Is it just me or did G-Man claim indie?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

[mention]Long Con[/mention] thanks for the clarity.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:52 am At this time, both baddie team names have only shown up in role PMs. Corrupt Remnant appeared in the night post. Jagged Blade has not appeared in the thread yet.

There is a rule about not reproducing Host PMs in the thread. Thank you to those that respect the rule.

For the record, Sloonei, whatever his alignment is, had both baddie team names in his PM. Stop angleshooting and play the game for real.
Please clarify: Does this mean we cannot reference a host pm? I always thought it meant they couldn't be quoted directly. Thanks.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

sig wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:46 am And I don’t see more then three people per mafia team assuming we’ve got recruitment like in the last game. Meaning the team either acted very close as a unit or avoided each other
I'd be very surprised if the teams were that small. Also, last game in the World series (heh) I think they started with 4 each. But, really, I don't see that they would start at 3 each. Rock Con like baddies way too much to make the game balanced against them with such low numbers.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I guess we can reference but not quote. Even still, referencing in certain ways might break the game's immersion (i. e. trying to figure out who knows the name of the mafia factions), which is called Angle Shooting, and is usually seem as bad form.

If I'm a host I'll usually post a copy of the default civ PM in the first page so that players don't try to pull that off.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 382
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:01 pm
G-Man wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:19 pm Keep an eye on the folks who darted in here early and, in light of the D0 poll result, pooh-poohed ties on the lynch poll. It’s a subtle way to establish a preemptive cop-out for either train-hopping later (to show they stick to their convictions) or blame-shifting to set up fall guys who tie polls that result in mislynches.

Close lynches and ties (whether mid-phase or at EOD) are valuable sources of information. Granted, that information is best in hindsight after the herd has thinned some.
We may not know who is on the Tribunal but we’re starting out with more civs than baddies (unless this game is extra-double whacky) and there are also two baddie factions, so the odds are against Tribunal being filled with one baddie team.
what is tribunal?
It adds ninjas to Morrowind.

I’ll be here all week. Don’t forget to tip your waiter.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:02 pm I guess we can reference but not quote. Even still, referencing in certain ways might break the game's immersion (i. e. trying to figure out who knows the name of the mafia factions), which is called Angle Shooting, and is usually seem as bad form.

If I'm a host I'll usually post a copy of the default civ PM in the first page so that players don't try to pull that off.
I didn't see anyone quote a PM, so I was confused by LC's post.

Also, noticing something that could be seen as a slip I don't see as either angle shooting or bad form.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Sorsha »

Tranq wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:32 am I see what Enrique and Dana are saying.

I voted DrWilgy again. I don't like him popping up immediately after he almost got lynched + i feel like TH sort of soft defended him without really committing to it with the post he made here:
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:00 pm DrWilgy dropping a vote and peacing out is nothing new
I could see this. I remember a long time ago when quiet wilgy meant bad wilgy. I don’t know how much that old meta holds up nowadays but I dig a TH/wilgy connection.

Also the TH/DH connection that Mac mentioned. I didn’t see any in thread connection between them(maybe I missed it I’m really only skimming at this point). It seems like Mac was watching the late lynch vote switching and that DH and TH made some vote switches that looked like they were probably coordinated bts? Is that right [mention]MacDougall[/mention]?

Sloonei kept saying that Epis case on him was fake. [mention]Epignosis[/mention] was it? Or do you believe sloon is bad? I really didn’t think his day one waffling was all that bad. Being day one and all. I think his reaction made him look worse. I read someone saying he looked “frantic.” I’m not sure on sloonei yet.

Also, half joking, half serious here. SVS- you didn’t kill Nutella because she called you grandma, did you? :biggrin:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:32 am Is it just me or did G-Man claim indie?
Clearly not given I directly asked him lol
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sorsha wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:12 pm
Tranq wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:32 am I see what Enrique and Dana are saying.

I voted DrWilgy again. I don't like him popping up immediately after he almost got lynched + i feel like TH sort of soft defended him without really committing to it with the post he made here:
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:00 pm DrWilgy dropping a vote and peacing out is nothing new
I could see this. I remember a long time ago when quiet wilgy meant bad wilgy. I don’t know how much that old meta holds up nowadays but I dig a TH/wilgy connection.

Also the TH/DH connection that Mac mentioned. I didn’t see any in thread connection between them(maybe I missed it I’m really only skimming at this point). It seems like Mac was watching the late lynch vote switching and that DH and TH made some vote switches that looked like they were probably coordinated bts? Is that right @MacDougall?

Sloonei kept saying that Epis case on him was fake. @Epignosis was it? Or do you believe sloon is bad? I really didn’t think his day one waffling was all that bad. Being day one and all. I think his reaction made him look worse. I read someone saying he looked “frantic.” I’m not sure on sloonei yet.

Also, half joking, half serious here. SVS- you didn’t kill Nutella because she called you grandma, did you? :biggrin:
Yes that is correctuuu
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lunalee wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:58 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:37 am
Lunalee wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:18 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:54 am I think we made the best decision I was able to come up with. That's all we can ask for in any lynch. :)
ew. Really don't like the vibe here.
We have this thing where we suspect each other in every game and we should probably stop doing that
Mac, I suspect everyone at one point or another. You don't get a special pass, my friend. :)
:stare:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

LoRab wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:25 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:52 am At this time, both baddie team names have only shown up in role PMs. Corrupt Remnant appeared in the night post. Jagged Blade has not appeared in the thread yet.

Please clarify: Does this mean we cannot reference a host pm? I always thought it meant they couldn't be quoted directly. Thanks.
It is in reference to me, I asked LC for clarity on what we could and could not post. I voted for Sloonei based on the idea that I thought he did not know the names of the baddie teams. LC clarified. I was certainly not intending to do anything cheesy, or play the game in a less than sporting way. I thought it was a genuine slip, it has been a while since I played and I did not realize this was bad form.

My apologies, may or may not change my vote later, I still find Sloonei suspicious.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:52 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:16 am
I sense a tone
A tone of what? Confidence?

I think you are replying to this?
S~V~S wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:25 am
What I am asking in the post you quoted up there ^^ is a link to the part of the thread where TH/DH seemed to be working in tandem. You have mentioned that more than once and I cannot find it.

Also, like Enrique, I feel that Sloonei is incompatible with my win condition.

I am switching my vote to Sloonei.

[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine
Is it confidence? Could be.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 629
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:29 pm
LoRab wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:25 pm

It is in reference to me, I asked LC for clarity on what we could and could not post. I voted for Sloonei based on the idea that I thought he did not know the names of the baddie teams. LC clarified. I was certainly not intending to do anything cheesy, or play the game in a less than sporting way. I thought it was a genuine slip, it has been a while since I played and I did not realize this was bad form.

My apologies, may or may not change my vote later, I still find Sloonei suspicious.
I also asked for host clarification on this.

I do not appreciate this angle being brought up and think it is against the spirit of the game, so I thank you for holding back on it. Since LC has already said everything there is for me to say on the issue, I’d like for it to be dropped entirely.

We can still talk about whether or not my suggestion about TH being indie makes me bad for some reason, that’s certainly not off the table. But for that, I’d defer to Mac in self-defense.

SVS, you’re not wrong when you say I’ve been manic this game. I am, once again, at a loss for how and why that makes me bad though. I’m not interested in spending time defending myself (I’ve done too much of that) but I would like to understand your mindset in this suspicion.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 184

Post by timmer »

So seriously, fuck traction control features on cars. Catching up now.
My siggie.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1004

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm gonna start catching up now by starting with the normal posts and ending with Sloonei's ISO megaposts.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1004

Post by DharmaHelper »

Question to the class:

Would you rather be in a romantic relationship with a Giant, or be in a romantic relationship with a fairy?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 184

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Night 1]

Post by timmer »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:45 pm
G-Man wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:37 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:20 pm @G-Man Why did you vote for me yesterday?
Kinetic energy steered me in a different direction. Without finishing my ISOs, my net was narrow to begin with and you went hog wild on Juliets after she looked worst on my narrow list of observations. Maybe I just haven’t seen Super Sloonei in a while but you were all over the place yesterday. We’ll see how I read you once I circle back around to your ISO.
It's funny that everyone's treating it as a bad thing that I was all over the place on Day 1. :shrug:
There is being active and covering a lot of bases, and there is what you were doing, which felt more flaily as it was previously put. But you've done a pretty good job of suggesting that that is how you are, so I'm keeping that all on a back burner for now.
My siggie.

Return to “Previous Jobs”