Total votes: 17
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 629
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 3]

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:10 pm
Enrique wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:58 pm Why is G-Man bad?
That was a quasi GTH read, if I had to pick good or bad kind of thing. For me with G Man it is gut. I felt early on that he was trying to act like he was civving, but that he kinda gave up. I think if he was civ, he would have been right up in my grille, but he hasn't been. In a game a few years back, he and I had a potentially big team, but becasue of various reasons, it never coalesced, and our entire baddie BTS the whole game was just each other. I played an awful game but it was an all time favorite for me becasue we had an awesome chat.

He just feels to me like his heart is not in it, and it is easier for him to get his heart into a town role. I saw bad G Man up close and personal, and I think this is him. But that said, of the Floonei Five, I would prefer to lynch Luna first. She comes in gets all Riot Grrrrl and then when called on it, runs away. Her Day One suspects seemed contrived. Had Sloonei not put him in his groupings, G Man would be sitting on a back burner for me, being watched for cracks.

Since they are his Five,I would like to see Sloonei focus on them and pick one.
This is what i spent all of yesterday doing and it’s why my vote is currently on Quin.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 282

Post by S~V~S »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:14 pm
That was a quasi GTH read, if I had to pick good or bad kind of thing. For me with G Man it is gut. I felt early on that he was trying to act like he was civving, but that he kinda gave up. I think if he was civ, he would have been right up in my grille, but he hasn't been. In a game a few years back, he and I had a potentially big team, but becasue of various reasons, it never coalesced, and our entire baddie BTS the whole game was just each other. I played an awful game but it was an all time favorite for me becasue we had an awesome chat.

He just feels to me like his heart is not in it, and it is easier for him to get his heart into a town role. I saw bad G Man up close and personal, and I think this is him. But that said, of the Floonei Five, I would prefer to lynch Luna first. She comes in gets all Riot Grrrrl and then when called on it, runs away. Her Day One suspects seemed contrived. Had Sloonei not put him in his groupings, G Man would be sitting on a back burner for me, being watched for cracks.

This is what i spent all of yesterday doing and it’s why my vote is currently on Quin.
I was not being critical, or was not trying to sound that way. You can be very powerful when you focus, and I thought you were still flitting back and forth a bit, my apologies. I will read the links you gave Enri ^^

I have problems reading Quin.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

On a tangent, looking at the roles, people who played the last World [/game], wasn't there something weird with Yin/Yang?

Was one of them civ and the other bad, or one on one baddie team and the other on another? Something of that nature? I am trying to sort something.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Wow bad formatting.

On a tangent, looking at the roles, people who played the last World game, wasn't there something weird with Yin/Yang?

Was one of them civ and the other bad, or one on one baddie team and the other on another? Something of that nature? I am trying to sort something.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 348

Post by Enrique »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:26 pm Wow bad formatting.

On a tangent, looking at the roles, people who played the last World game, wasn't there something weird with Yin/Yang?

I think they switched alignments every day and when one died the other got stuck with that one. Then Diamond Dog intentionally got his counterpart killed to permanently join the baddies. Or something like that.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Long Con wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:48 am Just want to share a blast from the past. In the first game in the series, Mafia: A World Apart, Yin and Yang were roles:

Yin – White twin, has BTSC with Yang. Looks good on odd nights, bad on even nights. Seeming alignment becomes permanent if Yang dies.

Yang – Black twin, has BTSC with Yin. Looks good on even nights, bad on odd nights. Seeming alignment becomes permanent if Yin dies.

If both Yin and Yang are alive, they may discover one player’s alignment each night. Yin and Yang do not join a team while both are alive. They can win by being the last players alive, but if one dies, the other’s alignment is stuck (if evil, the team they join will be decided by a coin toss). Yin and Yang can kill one another on any night they choose.

In this post, Ikkl Genius (Yin) confessed that he killed Diamond Dog (Yang) on Night 6. He claims to be Yang, killing his partner before his partner could betray the Civs and join a baddie team. This post actually convinced the Civs for some time, and I'll always remember it. Ikkl had killed DD to specifically join the baddies.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:19 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:14 pm

I was not being critical, or was not trying to sound that way. You can be very powerful when you focus, and I thought you were still flitting back and forth a bit, my apologies. I will read the links you gave Enri ^^

I have problems reading Quin.
’sall good.

Quin can be a tough nut to crack, but I don’t put this level of suspicion on him lightly. I feel like he os lacking a commitment to his reads in this game. It was evident in his Day 1 timmer vote. It is perhaps evident in his lack of response to my suspicion as well. I would expect town Quin to throw my case against him right back in my face and squeeze me until I am forced to change my mind. Instead it seems like he’s been hiding from it.

The only conviction I’ve seen from him this game is his Epi vote, but even that feels like a bit of an act. It’s what town Quin might do, but he’s pursue the read with more aggression than this.

I also have an inkling that juliets may have been his partner.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Enrique wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:30 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:48 am Just want to share a blast from the past. In the first game in the series, Mafia: A World Apart, Yin and Yang were roles:

Yin – White twin, has BTSC with Yang. Looks good on odd nights, bad on even nights. Seeming alignment becomes permanent if Yang dies.

Yang – Black twin, has BTSC with Yin. Looks good on even nights, bad on odd nights. Seeming alignment becomes permanent if Yin dies.

If both Yin and Yang are alive, they may discover one player’s alignment each night. Yin and Yang do not join a team while both are alive. They can win by being the last players alive, but if one dies, the other’s alignment is stuck (if evil, the team they join will be decided by a coin toss). Yin and Yang can kill one another on any night they choose.

In this post, Ikkl Genius (Yin) confessed that he killed Diamond Dog (Yang) on Night 6. He claims to be Yang, killing his partner before his partner could betray the Civs and join a baddie team. This post actually convinced the Civs for some time, and I'll always remember it. Ikkl had killed DD to specifically join the baddies.
Thank you, I think in the World game here it was something like that too, I will look later if I have time.

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] OK, I will go look for that in your cases in a little bit.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1004

Post by DharmaHelper »

MRW Somebody tried to kill me when i was just minding my business

our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:13 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:02 pm
Lorab wrote: Nothing about the description of Juliet's death sounds like she was actually a baddie. I know i said I wasn't going to harp on that, but really. The title says it's a "sad night" and why would anyone be sad about losing the statue, which in the end we didn't even lose (but I assume the title was already there)--really, that is not the title for a night post where a baddie and a neutral die. Plus, the animals are all sad because they lost a beacon of goodness. Seriously--I don't see this as making sense as a baddie death. I just don't.

and I see the 2 people with the DH kill attempt as story telling. It's concievably possible that only 2 mafia are left on a team, but I don't see it as likely. We can now return to our regularly scheduled ignoring of host posts.
Mondo Garbo.
Ikr?
You are welcome to ignore the hosts' writing, but for those who do not, I wanted to share my thoughts.
MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:53 pm Anywho I got darknessed so my win con is gone or some shit which is basically the goofiest thing ever so I am just gonna chaos post now.
Well, I guess we know one of the secret roles. *hopes the other one isn't the hunger* Seriously, though...last time, I believe there was a way to get rid of the cursedness. And did you not get a new win con? My memory is that it was more or less a recruitment. Does anyone remember more about the role and how it worked with those infected? Not that it would necessarily be the same.

linkitis: DD was super pissed that Ikkl killed him to join evil before DD had a chance to do the same.

more linkitis: Here it is from world reborn (and I included the darkness with it, for context of that, because it was right above it):
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:32 am
Indy

The Darkness - Infects one player per night with darkness, causing them to lose their win condition. The Darkness can send one message each night to those it infects, and may choose to release a player from the darkness at any time. The Darkness will know where infected players are at all times.

If the Darkness is night-targeted, the targeting will fail as though a roleblock or protection were in play. The Darkness may enter the BTSC of any square it’s on as The Darkness. Otherwise, it is undetectable.

If an infected player is targeted by the Essence Elemental, then they are cleansed of infection. If the Darkness is targeted by the Essence Elemental, it is killed! If The Darkness infects the Essence Elemental, the Essence Elemental will be killed.

The Darkness cannot acquire Items.

The Darkness’ goal is to infect five living players with darkness, and to get them to the Shrine of Darkness on the same Day to perform a ritual. The ritual will begin the spread of darkness across the land, expanding at one square per phase. Anyone within the darkness will lose their win condition, unless the Darkness has released them.

The Darkness’ win condition is to perform the ritual and survive until the end of the game.

Yin/Yang - Has two avatars roaming the map, and his vote is worth two while both avatars are alive. If one avatar is nightkilled, the other stays alive. If Yin is nightkilled, Yang joins a baddie team, decides tied lynches. If Yang is nightkilled, Yin joins the Civvies and decides tied lynches. If lynched, it will appear that the lynch was stopped, and the player may choose if Yin or Yang will die.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1001

Post by MacDougall »

No new win con for me fam. Just gotta hope the Darkness is somehow killed or I otherwise get cleansed or some shit by some unknown shit.

Like I said, I'm a goth now.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:59 pm No new win con for me fam. Just gotta hope the Darkness is somehow killed or I otherwise get cleansed or some shit by some unknown shit.

Us folks in the light will hold out hope that there's a way to restore your win condition, buddy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:29 pm Who wants to sit in a kiddie pool filled with tomato sauce and rub it all over themselves with me?
Your offer is enticing
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:10 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:59 pm No new win con for me fam. Just gotta hope the Darkness is somehow killed or I otherwise get cleansed or some shit by some unknown shit.

Us folks in the light will hold out hope that there's a way to restore your win condition, buddy.
:evileye: It's you isn't it.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 184

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Night 2]

Post by timmer »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:48 am Just so nobody brushes over the fact INH has scum claimed while drunk.
I'm pretty sure this is accurate.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I'm very far behind, but catching up. Left a vote on INH while I'm reading. Poor guy, lol.
My siggie.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Nothing really is piquing my interest in regards to the Sloonei 5 or INH. I’m going to follow the easiest and likely solution to what I know and [VOTE: sabie12] aubergine

Tranq would be the only other person I feel could be bad but I can’t be completely sure due to my own information I know. It’s a high possiblity he is in my mind however.
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sprityo is bad
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Taking a look at juliets and Quin, operating under the assumption that juliets' flip is true.

Asks for clarification - Nothing about this is strong enough to suggest anything one way or the other about a partnership. I could see it as staged, but it does not have to be that way.
juliets wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:20 am Quin - his posts are to the point and several times I found myself agreeing with him. This appears to be civ Quin to me. Sloonei I read your synopsis of him this morning and will go back and bump that up against what I've seen because obviously you know his game a lot better than me, but for now I read him as civ.
Quite a bit to speculate on here. She defends Quin and then acknowledges that my suspicion of him exists but doesn't then quickly shifts back to a civilian read. This is one of the more hand-wavey reads offered in Juliets' big list o' reads.

For future reference, I'm interested in the tell of players who are accused of not having enough reads and respond by posting a list of reads on every player in the game. I wonder if that's something that could be alignment indicative. :ponder:
juliets wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:09 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:25 pm Quin is an interesting second choice for me. I’ve only played one full game where he was bad (Mad Max), but he played the part brilliantly. I would expect him to be a tough but to crack. In this game he’s done all the usual Quin things, but there’s not much else behind that. He’s only done the usual Quin things. I didn’t get the sense there were a lot of unique or provocative reads in his ISO.
Sloonei, could you expound on this a little? You say he's only done usual Quin things. What kind of unique things would you expect a town Quin to do and why? Have you maybe seen something in past games where he's been good where he's done something unusual for him? I've tried to think this through but I'm not getting anywhere.
This is the post that inspired me to pursue these interactions. This looks like tentative scum partner behavior. Juliets asks me to explain something that she's "trying" to understand by can't wrap her head around. I don't get the sense Juliets was actually interested in my response. This post feels like it was designed to appear to be actively reading Quin. Quin was under decent pressure during the day, but juliets wasn't on that. She is softly defending him whenever she brings him up, but she's being careful not to go just outright defend him. There's always a feigned interest in understanding the case better.

More of the same here "I had exactly the opposite reaction... That doesn't mean I liked [the thing we're talking about]." Followed by another "I'm trying!" :suspish:
juliets wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:25 pm Dragon D. Luffy I want to quote a part of your long post on the 5. This is from your Quin summary:

A lot of posts are good stuff. He is hunting. I don't feel him as civ that much after his ISO though. Something about him feels... thuggish I guess. He's making cases but not commiting on them, too. I don't know, Quin is always sarcastic, but when he's a civ there is this feeling of a poor kid who is desperate because people are wanting things from him and he's super lost, so he's trying his best. Here he seems a bit more arrogant, more overconfident.

I felt this was the way Quin was in Hogwarts - confident almost to arrogance. Do you feel like he was different in that game than he is here?
Meta defense.

I don't like these interactions one bit, and Quin was my top scum read before looking at them.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:18 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:10 pm

:evileye: It's you isn't it.
Darthsloonei.jpg
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 38

Post by G-Man »

Know what’s a sure fire sleep aid? ISOing this game.

Nevertheless, he persisted...
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

G-Man wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:30 pm Know what’s a sure fire sleep aid? ISOing this game.

#downwithketchup
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 38

Post by G-Man »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:31 pm
G-Man wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:30 pm Know what’s a sure fire sleep aid? ISOing this game.

#downwithketchup
Ketchup is overrated, but I have come across a few nuggets.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

The only time juliets comes up on the first page of Quin's ISO is actually in my quoted ISO of quin here, when I called him out for remaining silent on my case against her at the end of Day 1. Quin was one of my most vocal supporters, but he never said a word about the case that I was screaming for. Silence is not always the best indicator, but this is not something I would like to overlook here.

The only mention of juliets on the second of Quin's ISO is this:
Quin wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:05 am this is my first time witnessing a scum juliets. i'll tell my children about it one day.
After she had been nightkilled. :suspish:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I can't judge quin for that it would be hypocritical lol
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:42 pm I can't judge quin for that it would be hypocritical lol
Hypocrisy is a staple of the civilian playbook.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Also you weren’t defending me on Day 1. Quin was. If he’s on my side, shouldn’t he have something to say about my case?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Brb lighting incense
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:59 am To be more explicit re Tranq, I would be amazed if baddie Tranq would say such a dumb thing in seriousness, joke or not. He is insanely careful. I don't recall ever seeing bad Tranq lynched. Maybe @juliets would have a better idea of that, and I am sure he will correct me if I am wrong there.

I am never comfortable in a game until certain people slip into place. That remark went far towards making me feel better about Tranq, but not good enough to greenlight him.
I thought Tranq's info on wilgy line was a sort of bitter joke about how much info the day had offered up.

S~V~S, do you read civ or bad in Tranq's clear and present annoyance at the info dropping?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:36 am
sabie12 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:03 am
S~V~S wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:55 am
Tranq wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:38 am Wilgy could be the Hollow Man. That one appears as a random civ when lynched :shrug:
I guess this is possible, but what would be the odds of losing both false front roles in the first few days? Possible, but I dunno. I would expect Sabie to be more freaked out that he flipped like he did if she believed him to be bad, as opposed to herself. Her reaction is more "meh, oh well, time to move on I guess".

I don't love the info any more than you do, but it IS out there, so can't ignore it.

Linki, what lie? I thought that was a crack about info dumping. And INH is a force of nature. An unusual nature, but you can't really take him at face value. He does and says his own thing always, and I won't auto-susp him for saying something quirky and provocative.

I have played with both of them for a long time, I might not read them the same as you do.
I do feel bad about being wrong about wilgy and that I let myself be convinced he was bad if he wasn't. I guess him being so nonchalant and absent most of the game made the whole thing a little more meh for everyone. As people were saying the end if day was not as lively and exciting as it can sometimes be. Usually the people being accused at least come in and defend themselves and a conversation happens. That didnt really happen this time. No one else really has had a strong reaction to his death either that I saw unless I missed it. But again I'm sorry I was wrong. Both lynches have not gone great for us so hoping for better results next time.
It seemed like everyone was pretty quick to move on to the next thing. Especially with INH coming in with a bunch of posts out of nowhere.
I think you misunderstand my concerns.

Sprit says the old lady told him you were seen with a jagged blade. This could mean you were carrying an actual jagged blade, i.e., a member of the baddie team. OR it could mean you were with a person who was a member of the Jagged Blade team. Part of the reason Wilgy took moree votes than he might have (had all of this old lady in the woods biz not happened, for instance, I would have kept my vote on Luna. Her reaction to both the info~ instatrust; and to the suspicion and skepticism of the info~ leaving the thread; I found very suspect). But the implication was that if the first interpretation of the old lady info was wrong, and you were with a person who was a member of the jagged blade, and you voted for Wilgy .... well, you see, right? That person HAD to be a Jagged Blade.

But Wilgy was NOT a Jagged Blade. So either he was that role that flips as a random civ OR you are potentially bad.

Your, "Oh well, let's move on" reaction to all of this is more nonchalant that I would expect it to be were you not a Jagged Blade. Other peoples reaction in this case are not as important as is yours.

And re Tranq, until he says otherwise, I still think that "info" crack was a joke. He hates direct info drops.
Good points re: Sabie, here.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 2]

Post by timmer »

colonialbob wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:03 pm
This post is so close to being a really good insight and then it trips at the finish line
Yeah, this kind of thing happens to me a lot, it's how my head works, unfortunately. I try to juggle too many ideas at once and they get blobbed together and names move to the wrong ideas. See my brief confusion in the last game when Long Con had died and I got mondo confused.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 2]

Post by timmer »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:43 pm
timmer wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:18 pm So with the clock ticking i need to start making decisions. Ftr I'm good with a wilgy lynch or a gmeng lynch, neither has much of a civ aura at all. I moved my vote to tranq for the moment to get it off speedchuck. Tranqs quietness is not like him, at all.
Do you have experience playing with Tranq? Is he more talkative normally?
I remember Tranq being in the middle range of talkiness, like he was never a lead poster except for maybe when a game got into the late meat, but he never lurked either. The key for me is that he has seemed too passive in this game, but really trying to lead things, but commenting when needed, and I do think his irritation at the info flying around yesterday was genuine and pointed to a teammate in peril. But, there are too many names caught up in info, so it's hard to pinpoint that end of things.

I'll say this, though. My read on Tranq is a bit more feel-based than I generally like to push, I prefer voting histories etc to be the backbone of my cases, so I'd rather at this time lynch someone like INH, whose comment about win conditions seems more likely to point to a definite baddie. Tranq makes a solid #2 target for me, though, and I would happily support a lynch of him still, it's just me and feel-based cases have a history of being wrong, and I haven't played a game with him in a long ass time.
My siggie.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1004

Post by DharmaHelper »

It's only illegal to talk about who you have/have had BTSC and what is being/was being said.

Not illegal of me to say that if you can find me and you can prove to me you're a civ I'll tell you how to recruit me.

Unless it is illegal for me to say that.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Portalman - Each night, he creates a portal from his current square to another square. He may travel through this portal during his movement if he wishes. The portal lasts through the following phase unless he closes it.
Do you think this boy is good?
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Who knows
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 70

Post by insertnamehere »

SATONY

LIFTOACH PANDEMONIUM

ZAZAS
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:34 pm sig's vote was on DharmaHelper. No one else voted for DharmaHelper. Sig came on near the end of the day to shrug at every single case that existed. Sig then left. Sig is now blasting others for lynching wilgy.
Yeah, I'm increasingly seeing sig in a more negative light. Especially with people being absent for huge chunks and pulling a "you guys played bad" card.
My siggie.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

I have a friend who speaks to me in BTSC. They’re the ones who gave me the information I passed on earlier.

To test their trust, I passed the info to the thread
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

sig wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:34 pm Also not caught up all the way, but I dont want to lynch Mac, though i do think a sloonie lynch is becoming more viable.

Basically with the town leaders/high speed civs we need this strategy if they keep leading us wrong we need them gone. This is true fpr epi, mac, and sloonie. Since rhe longer they're alive and the more mislynches they led the more likely it is they're mafia
Why is a Sloonei lynch becoming "viable"? I'm reading Sloonei as pretty civ atm.
My siggie.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

I think that Sabie would be a poor choice for the lynch. For multiple reasons
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

sprityo wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:25 pm also i clarified "it" in teh post below it juliets

in any case im referring to something else
I can't understand any posts about mirrors or anything else related to them. This makes my head spin.
My siggie.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

insertnamehere wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:16 pm I think that Sabie would be a poor choice for the lynch. For multiple reasons
State these reasons.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:20 pm
sig wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:02 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:01 pm
sig wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:50 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:18 pm sig is lamenting both the wilgy lynch, and the late bandwagon which was pushed as a counter to the wilgy lynch. Like, what?
Yes.
What should we have done?
Looked for more people or consolidated on another lynch. Even gman would've been better. The last minute cfd was weird and wiggly was a wagon all day. And ik to a degree I'm arm chair quarterbacking, but men to bad.
That’s not unfair. I wanted to change back to G-man at the end of the day but was prevented by technical issues and by the time I could have done it, everyone had moved off him and we had like 30 seconds left. But that in itself might suggest it wasn’t gonna happen. He’d also been a wagon all day, but never got more than 4 votes.

The Tranq wagon struck me as a push to shake things up and move away from the unsatisfying wilgy lynch. I don’t think it makes sense to criticize them in the same breath. Maybe instead we should ask why the votes were on tranq specifically, and not G-man. I don’t think that’s a deep mystery though.

My bigger concern is with the people who weren’t doing anything. I include you in that group. I include Quin. I include Enrique, Tranq, maybe some others once I’ve reviewed. My biggest takeaway from the deadline is how lifeless it was. Lots of people were hanging around the thread, but very few people seemed to care about what was happening. It seemed like there was a conscious energy conspiring to prevent us from moving away from the wilgy lynch.
I agree with this. The people who were NOT on the Wilgy train were the ones running around and posting heavily. The Wilgy voters were just... not there. It really, really felt like baddie votes had to be in there because WAY too many Wilgy voters were just utterly absent in the final hour.
My siggie.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 185

Post by speedchuck »

Enrique wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:48 pm
Portalman - Each night, he creates a portal from his current square to another square. He may travel through this portal during his movement if he wishes. The portal lasts through the following phase unless he closes it.
Do you think this boy is good?
. . . :ponder:

:srsnod:
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:28 pm I feel a kinship to Sig because nobody ever gets what the fuck we’re talking about and it always gets us in trouble. If he is scum then, oops, but I feel fine about him so far and this firing squad that’s been assembled against him feels unreasonable (dare I say ... manufactured?)
This feels like hyperbole. At this point in my read, I've seen maybe 2 people cast sig in a negative light? And a few like me who lean bad on him but aren't exactly pushing a lynch? Who exactly is this firing squad?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

LoRab wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:12 pm Can we, btw, talk about the fact that novaselinever has not shown up at all...
In this line of reasoning, I'd rather mention that sorsha has only 10 posts. My brief experience with nova is that they don't seem to actually participate much at all, but I remember Sorsha being different than this. Lorab, do you recall if sorsha had a civ or bad meta with regards to psoting frequency? My memory isn't good enough on this one.
My siggie.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

timmer wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:05 pm
LoRab wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:12 pm Can we, btw, talk about the fact that novaselinever has not shown up at all...
In this line of reasoning, I'd rather mention that sorsha has only 10 posts. My brief experience with nova is that they don't seem to actually participate much at all, but I remember Sorsha being different than this. Lorab, do you recall if sorsha had a civ or bad meta with regards to psoting frequency? My memory isn't good enough on this one.
I really don't understand signing up for a game and not playing it.

As for Sorsha, I honestly don't remember. I can't remember if I ever knew her meta, tbh. If I did, I certainly don't remember it.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 400

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:28 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:50 pm
Sprityo is not a member of the Sloonei 5. They are: Quin, G-man, DDL, Kyle, Luna.
Having put some reflection on it, some reading time, and having consulted the Valise of Vagueness, which I ran into in my travels, my base read on these 5 is

Quin, civ with a side of I can't read him at all so I tend to default to civ
G Man, bad
DDL, civ with a side of I tend to think he's bad most of the time so I give him more BOTD than I do for most to compensate
Kyle, civ
Luna, Bad

I would be most opposed to a lynch of Kyle, and least opposed to a lynch of Luna of these 5.

I think it probable that Sabie is bad, and nothing she has said today made me feel differently.
I also think INH is probably bad, and hope he comes in with a fun and amusing Lynchesque story about why he said what he said
I don't want to lynch DH because of "maybe" and "if"
While I can totally picture Tranq in a baddie chatroom mocking people for believing his mirror story, I can also see him doing that as a civ. But I also think he is pretending to think I am bad, so not sure how I feel about that.

I want Nova and Sorsha to talk.

I am glad Mac is not silenced.
I'm dying.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 384
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

insertnamehere wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:10 pm SATONY

LIFTOACH PANDEMONIUM

ZAZAS
Good points
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 384
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

timmer wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:22 pm
sprityo wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:25 pm also i clarified "it" in teh post below it juliets

in any case im referring to something else
I can't understand any posts about mirrors or anything else related to them. This makes my head spin.
Are you a vampire

Return to “Previous Jobs”