2018 Socky Awards Mafia (FINAL PRESENTATIONS!)

Moderator: Community Team

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 123

Re: 2018 Socky Awards Mafia (DAY 1)

Post by speedchuck »

I don't think anyone's really worth trusting on page 3.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 68

Post by G-Man »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:48 pm
G-Man wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:43 pm Makes you wonder if killing an inactive is the right move.
Doesn't it though? (inactive in my eyes being someone inactive in the past 24 hours, btw. Everyone's posted at least once, I think.)

But at the same time, mafia folks are more likely to post just a little to get by IMO. Gives them a way to control the vote if we start going after inactives.

I don't really want to lynch the more active people or the inactives, but how do I choose between people who have only made a few non-game-related posts?
My understanding is similar. I always assume there’s at least one baddie that tries to skate by on minimal content, though. Whether they’re just busy IRL or they want to make themselves harder to find by offering fewer posts to analyze. Sometimes it’s just someone who doesn’t post as much in general.

The last time I saw baddies dominate the game by having all their members among the most talkative and active players was one of Golden the Coward’s Lost games. The 24-hour phase makes it tough though. There’s no guarantee that people can make their schedules fit around the start of the game but a baddie is just as likely to take advantage of the understanding that timing sucks in 24/24 games sometimes.

I plan on not taking things too seriously this Day 1, so let’s just lynch someone and reveal another Socky winner.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 64

Post by S~V~S »

reywaS wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:52 am [VOTE: S~V~S] aubergine

A nostalgia vote for SVS, but she's also quite obviously bad bad bad.
Thanks alot :suspish: I would return the favor, but it looks like you already have a vote (becasue you do/do not like socks?) and I would rather not place a second joke vote on someone with such a spread.

I see that Nova didn't really explain his LC vote. I saw DDL did but I don't see what was opportunistic about LC's vote, although I think Bob is more likely trying to relive the fun he had with Presidential quotes (unless he does this self imposed posting gimmick all the time?) than anything.

Still not loving G Mans vote, plus I see he is making feints at no shows when I seem to recall that we have a few replacements.
Lunalee wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:15 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:01 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:29 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:00 pm
Lunalee wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:54 pm Ugh, the poll has way too many single votes on it right now.
Maybe you could fix that?
Lol last time someone called Luna out for not practicing what she was preaching she was bad

I don't necessarily suspect her for it here though. Only so much one can do :p

But we only have 4.5 hours so yeah who should we start grouping votes onto? I'd love to hear thoughts other than my own
The way you start the sentence with "lol" before throwing shade at someone then saying you won't "necessarily" vote for them triggered my :eye: senses.
I too, don't feel comfortable trusting nutella.
Why not? Nutella lols quite a bit, why do you think it is alignment indicative? If you had to vote now, who would you vote for?

I have to finish my Socky thing, if I had to vote now it would be G Man, but as Luna says, we should be tightening up rather than spreading out more.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 178
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Lunalee wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:54 pm Ugh, the poll has way too many single votes on it right now.
Lol last time someone called Luna out for not practicing what she was preaching she was bad

But we only have 4.5 hours so yeah who should we start grouping votes onto? I'd love to hear thoughts other than my own
The way you start the sentence with "lol" before throwing shade at someone then saying you won't "necessarily" vote for them triggered my :eye: senses.
Come on you have played with me in the last year.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 98

Post by Lunalee »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:45 pm

Thanks alot :suspish: I would return the favor, but it looks like you already have a vote (becasue you do/do not like socks?) and I would rather not place a second joke vote on someone with such a spread.

I see that Nova didn't really explain his LC vote. I saw DDL did but I don't see what was opportunistic about LC's vote, although I think Bob is more likely trying to relive the fun he had with Presidential quotes (unless he does this self imposed posting gimmick all the time?) than anything.

Still not loving G Mans vote, plus I see he is making feints at no shows when I seem to recall that we have a few replacements.

Why not? Nutella lols quite a bit, why do you think it is alignment indicative? If you had to vote now, who would you vote for?

I have to finish my Socky thing, if I had to vote now it would be G Man, but as Luna says, we should be tightening up rather than spreading out more.
Because she was scum last time I thought she might me town. So I now cannot trust her.
And If I had to vote now, I would [VOTE: Dragon D Luffy] aubergine because he is voting Long Con because Long Con is voting colonialbob for posting in pictures. DDL says the reason this makes LC look sketchy is :
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:27 am Bob's posts don't make me feel anything in special but then LC latching on him gives me opportunistic vibes.
But in fact, DDL could be bad and also looking for an opportunistic lynch, and is therefore hyper-aware of other people acting opportunistic.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by reywaS »

nutella wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:37 pm
Lunalee wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:28 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:52 pm Oh and in case it wasn't clear I believe that Epi is exhibiting behavior that indicates he received a mafia role card. :smile:
Are you and Epi scum mates again?
Of course not. It's the perspective I gained from being scum with him recently that is drawing my attention to some of his behavior here. Maybe there is some element of recency bias, I should admit, but it is based in actual content. Like look at how he deflected the "reading the rules" accusation back onto speed.
ummm....hi there....ummm, excuse for ummm being perhaps a tad pedantic, but you use "recency bias" and "but it's based on actual content" here. That seems redundant to me. Your recency bias is actual content from the previous game, no? So your recency bias is content, yes. That seems like a wasted bullshitty sentence to me. Perhaps I'm missing something?
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 81
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hey gang. Be reminded that awards presentations are due by the deadline of Day 1, which is in just under three hours. :biggrin:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

nutella wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:47 pm

Come on you have played with me in the last year.
Nutella I can't help it, it's an involuntary reaction. You say scummy things and it triggers my scumdar. I have to use all my willpower just to keep it down.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Epignosis »

Anybody voting for any reason whatsoever Day 1 is opportunistic and should be lynched.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Lunalee wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:07 pm

Because she was scum last time I thought she might me town. So I now cannot trust her.
And If I had to vote now, I would [VOTE: Dragon D Luffy] aubergine because he is voting Long Con because Long Con is voting colonialbob for posting in pictures. DDL says the reason this makes LC look sketchy is :
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:27 am Bob's posts don't make me feel anything in special but then LC latching on him gives me opportunistic vibes.
But in fact, DDL could be bad and also looking for an opportunistic lynch, and is therefore hyper-aware of other people acting opportunistic.
That doesn't make sense. if I'm town I'm also looking for people acting opportunistic. I don't have to be scum to detect that.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Rey I think you are misinterpreting what I said.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

This is normally the point where I'd be reading a reasonable LC defense and looking for a more serious wagon but LC hasn't posted again yet.

What do I do? I don't wanna pull the trigger on Nutella either.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Point is this LC wagon is kind of weak but it's the best thing I came up with so far.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Epignosis »

My vote is on Enrique. Asking a question without the proper punctuation, showing us Aunt Rachel and then fucking off elsewhere does nothing for me.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

nutella wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:19 pm Rey I think you are misinterpreting what I said.
i accept that as a possibility. My post to you there was asking for clarification. :)
Some day, Some day
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:26 pm My vote is on Enrique. Asking a question without the proper punctuation, showing us Aunt Rachel and then fucking off elsewhere does nothing for me.
I can get behind this
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Have we ever had a four-way tie in the history of the syndicate? Because we should do that.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

My Spider-Sense or my S~V~S Auto Sus- which one is tingling right now?

:ponder:
My Banners:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

G-Man wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:39 pm

My Spider-Sense or my S~V~S Auto Sus- which one is tingling right now?

:ponder:
Auto sus or a No U? You pretty much ignored my post this AM. You basically made a vote to call out MP, but you did not actually call him out. Weak sauce, not sure I buy it.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Your tripping sense. SVS is obvtown.

....or is that just the recency bias speaking :shrug:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Mention tags start with the @ symbol, which would have wrecked my shenanigans. I also tend to ignore a lot of people’s questions. I’m also getting pretty good at spotting baddie bullsuit early-game accusations against me (like Nutella in Vanilla). Your supposed expectations of my play don’t smell right. Prove me wrong.
My Banners:
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

lmao at bullsuit. ah....memories.
Some day, Some day
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

nutella is it based on actual content tho?
Some day, Some day
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

G-Man wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:47 pm Mention tags start with the @ symbol, which would have wrecked my shenanigans. I also tend to ignore a lot of people’s questions. I’m also getting pretty good at spotting baddie bullsuit early-game accusations against me (like Nutella in Vanilla). Your supposed expectations of my play don’t smell right. Prove me wrong.
"Wrecking your shenanigans"?

That vote would have caught my eye regardless of who made it. Whatever baddie BS you think you are spotting it isnt from me becasue I am not bad. And "proof", lol, cute.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:54 pm
G-Man wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:47 pm Mention tags start with the @ symbol, which would have wrecked my shenanigans. I also tend to ignore a lot of people’s questions. I’m also getting pretty good at spotting baddie bullsuit early-game accusations against me (like Nutella in Vanilla). Your supposed expectations of my play don’t smell right. Prove me wrong.

That vote would have caught my eye regardless of who made it. Whatever baddie BS you think you are spotting it isnt from me becasue I am not bad. And "proof", lol, cute.
My shenanigans and my vote are mutually exclusive events. Maybe you’ll spot it in time.
My Banners:
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Oh this is so hard when there really isnt much to go off of yet. I completed my award presentation at least. And as someone who hasnt posted much it's mostly just due to being at work and when I had looked before there wasnt a whole of conversations going. I saw people discussing the validity of what type of socks people wear. I wear nerdy socks if that means anything :p

I'm never a fan of votes with no explanation even a small one. Nova is actually kind of participating this game but has a track record for barely doing anything and then either getting replaced or killed off and he ended up being a civ. LC was quick to accuse cbob due to his posting memes but I was accusing reways because of that last game and was wrong. Though I died before it mattered anyway.

Epi and speed voting Enrique for posting twice and then not showing up again. I dont know I mean I do understand this logic on the sense that he didnt say anything other than saying what is going on and posting a video I didn't watch. It's like a confusion over what is happening and then adding to confusion by posting something random and then disappearing. I can see how this could be bad.

Epi and nutella were baddie teammates last game and this game she's accusing him wonder if they are in fact on differing teams or not?
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

G-Man wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:32 pm My church just cancelled all evening activities due to the polar vortex of doom, so now you’re stuck with me until the deadline. Lucky you.
I'm also in a crazy polar vortex and not going anywhere. Blahh. Anyway did you explain your vote? Also you seemed to defend low posting early game and then say eh whatever get rid of one of them and get the game moving along.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

G-Man wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:01 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:54 pm

My shenanigans and my vote are mutually exclusive events. Maybe you’ll spot it in time.
I did not spot it. But if you really wanted to call him out, then, why not quote his one post? Your shenanigans seem to allow for that. Like I said, that post seemed like a call out, but then you did not call him out. I have not voted for you, and likely will not since no one is feeling it but me, and it is already spread too far. But I am not a huge fan of this No U thing you got going on here.

And as I said, I am not bad.

I am downstate NY, and we are just getting vortexed now. It was 31* when I left work at 4, and now it's 16* a bit over 2 hours later with a wind chill of -2. Ugh.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

My thermometer reads 7 degrees with a windchill factor of -9. Stay safe, folks.
My Banners:
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 44

Post by DharmaHelper »

What's the weather out there like, Ollie?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

windchill is supposed to be get to minus 30 tonight. I'm in central New York.
~Darren Shan~
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 44

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:44 pm What's the weather out there like, Ollie?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Voting g man for the defending low posters then voting low poster and saying eh just vote whoever to get the game moving along.
~Darren Shan~
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 20

Post by novaselinenever »

He always could, but is he bad? You took this same approach with me in the Vanilla game. What are your thoughts on LC's vote, and his take on cbob?
novaselinenever
Hitman

sabie12 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:54 pm Voting g man for the defending low posters then voting low poster and saying eh just vote whoever to get the game moving along.
When did he defend them?
novaselinenever
Hitman

All of G-man's posts starts with M.

M = Mafia

novaselinenever
Hitman

We got one people
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:00 pm All of G-man's posts starts with M.

M = Mafia

M = Magnificent :llama:
My Banners:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

So Bob and G-Man have curses it seems. Anyone else?
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

G-Man wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:21 pm My thermometer reads 7 degrees with a windchill factor of -9. Stay safe, folks.
novaselinenever
Hitman

G-man is just cool like that, no curse I believe.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Yeah, how could someone have a curse, we have not had a night. I am guessing that maybe G Man has the "MVP" award, or maybe I missed another award that begins with M.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Maybe this is already part of his socky write-up and Mac won whatever category he is presenting.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Or MP.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

G began all posts with L last game so I figure he is just going through the alphabet cause he's a weirdo.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

nutella wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:23 pm G began all posts with L last game so I figure he is just going through the alphabet cause he's a weirdo.
Magnifico! I’ve only been doing this since Battlestar Galactica. Glad you folks are catching on.

:p
My Banners:
novaselinenever
Hitman

We have 40min left I believe.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Can I interest you lot in an LC's lynch?
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

[VOTE: Lunalee] aubergine

Return to “Previous Socky Threads”