50%

Total votes: 8
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 479
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [DAY 3]

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:02 pmNice.
Why is mac town now?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:05 pm And talk about me. I want that dark green, and a little bit of space between my name and Bonny & Clyde's :p
I’m afraid you can’t reach dark green. Juliets is in a class of her own because of the roleclaim.

You were my first town read and I haven’t been shaken from that for more than a few moments at any point. A big part of my joint suspicion of llama and mongoose at the moment is their shared treatment of you. If they are indeed bad, they were setting you up to be the next mislynch after colin/luna.
If there’s a reason to suspect you, I haven’t found it yet.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 484

Post by novaselinenever »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:05 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:02 pmNice.
Why is mac town now?
He ain't on my book, but he's the lighter red amongst my PoE. While I've been making fun of the plan he had, I'm having trouble seeing why a baddie mac would go through the effort of coming up with it. I also felt like our interactions after last night's flip were genuine, peeps laying it all down, going at it trying to solve the game. His reaction was all right when he got overwhelmed, so that's a plus. I'm disappointed though that he didn't come back to "destroy" us like he promised lol.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 131

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [DAY 2]

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:45 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:35 pm
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:30 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:26 pm no but seriously, i really did feel mongoose's entry was a little more stiff than her previous two.
Do you blame me after the raucous first day I had in Gossip Girl? That was brutalizing.
You got a read on dunya or nova?
Not yet, but I will amend when I do. I've played with them recently, so I could see a cabal thinking "Let's put a little pressure on Mongoose - she will get defensive and act weird and then we can vote her out early." I could also see them just desperate to grab onto any inkling of a ping on Day 0/Day 1 like we all are.

linki - Calibrating my playstyle to more suit this new world of mafia seems not only sensible but prudent. I'd expect anyone to do the same after playing one short game and literally one day period of another. My old style, which you would be unfamiliar with, seems a little antiquated for this new mafia landscape. It's more different than I could have ever realized.
No read on nova.
Mongoose wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:22 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:29 pm I'll have to agree with Dunya also about Luna's read on her. That "Town shines brightly" is funny looking, and it looks like something right out of Jay's eloquent gut reads.
But since Jay can’t be a teammate, what do you think this means? (Ignore this please if you answered it later in the thread, I’ll see it then). Thanks!
Mongoose wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:45 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:55 pm I'd like to hear more from Mongoose, so I'll wait for her to catch up :cloud9:
Thank you! If I missed anyone’s questions for me, please let me know. I tried to reply to anytime I was asked a question or mentioned in more than just passing.
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:19 pm I don’t know what my afternoon is going to look like other than a gauntlet of intense meetings, so I’m going to choose No Lynch. Day 1 votes are my most despised segment of a mafia game (as you may remember from the way back machine) so I’m going to let my vote sit here. I’m not down with a Juliets lynch and I’m not into voting for the new kid in his first ‘day’ either. Or an absentee player.

Why do I hate Day 1 so much? I always need more time (typically) before I can make a cashew or get a strong ping. I don’t want to recapitulate what I did above but I’m trying to foresee questions before I’m AWOL for a while/ rest of the afternoon. I’m getting a pre-ping on Luna and nova, but am I really? Do I just not know them yet? I just don’t think a first day mislynch is gonna do the town any favors if we can’t get our shizz together.

If I have time and can read, I will absolutely catch up on the thread and vote if I’m feeling something. I just don’t want to not vote either.

Linki cakes

This is a terrible time (legislative session) for me to be in a game so I’m trying the best I can - bear with me!
Pre-ping on Nova.
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:12 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:08 pm sloonei, maybe you missed my previous post. what about mongoose is town to you?
Sincerity. While I don’t think she’s given a ton of reads, she has been an open and willing participant in conversations whenever she’s been around. I don’t feel like she’s hiding.

But she hasn’t shared many reads.
I thought I had.

I feel Sloonei, Mac and Juliets are town.
Dunya and nova probably town
Colin is on border of town
Luna eep
MP and sprityo ??

Linki
Running out of time
Nova probably town.
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:28 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:37 pm I don't know why but the first thing that came to my mind for reconsideration is my read on Luna.
Yes let’s discuss
IN BTSC?!?! :eye: :eye: :eye:
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:55 pm Oof, I am married to so few of these.

SUBECT TO CHANGE

ColinIsCool good
dunya good
juliets good
Lunalee bad?
MacDougall good
Mongoose goodgoose
novaselinenever good
Sloonei angelic

This is not going to work out well for me.
Nova good.
Mongoose wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:43 am
Lunalee wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:20 am I just spent an entire night not sleeping so I might be insane right now, but I think you’re both town.
Ok, after reading the Nova/Mac drama, where Mac accuses Nova of being teammates with Sloonei, Sloonei says this. And it looks like something a teammate would totally do.
I GET this read but I just cannot fathom Sloonei being mafia. I think I could be talked into Nova (although not just because he won’t get off Mac’s ass - we’ve all been super wrong before with needless civ on civ violence ), but I just can’t with Sloonei

Linki
Could be talked into voting Nova.
Mongoose wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:48 am
Lunalee wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:09 pm You know, I sort of think nova stood up to Mac's suspicions pretty well. Instead of conceding to Mac's questioning, or changing his opinions to get on Mac's side, he dug his feet in hard, and fired back with every reason to do so. I'm just not convinced he's scum because of it.
That’s a fair point. (Nova is my next reddish pick after Luna, so I’m following this along closely as well)
Nova is reddish.
Mongoose wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:54 am
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:50 am
Lunalee wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:09 pm You know, I sort of think nova stood up to Mac's suspicions pretty well. Instead of conceding to Mac's questioning, or changing his opinions to get on Mac's side, he dug his feet in hard, and fired back with every reason to do so. I'm just not convinced he's scum because of it.
That’s a fair point. (Nova is my next reddish pick after Luna, so I’m following this along closely as well)
Is that so? This is the first time I'm hearing of it.
You’re not wrong. (Nothing big yet)

I’ll be around as much as I can today but honestly I need a break right now after that gauntlet of a catch up
Backs down immediately on being challenged.
Mongoose wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:19 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:17 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:10 pm
Mongoose wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:08 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:53 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:50 pm Does anyone think it's likely that Luna never misunderstood the matrix, but is mafia and made up the fake claim and pretended not to understand it to make her claim more believable?
Personally, I would bet against this possibility. My theory is she legitimately misunderstood the matrix, but fake role-claimed anyway because, to quote her, she "had nothing to lose."
It doesn't make sense any way you slice it that you have "nothing to lose".
I don't understand this post.
Perhaps lol. I disagree though, the original ping itself (yours) is pretty weak. It's about my first comment in thread "tired to lose" that one has to milk heavily in order to extrapolate a scum read from. I feel that'd be pretty natural for someone to forget about it with how many other posts and content I have that can be analyzed for reads. Repeating it several times (especially when it's contrasted by a "I feel better about him now/recently") strikes me as being extremely self-aware to and attempt to keep consistency that isn't natural.
Did you reply to the wrong post?
A little helpful correction among friends here.
Mongoose wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:33 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:32 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:29 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:27 pm Lynch all liars? :grin:
Epignosis claims he lies all the time as a civilian, but he is weird. I generally assume that if someone is caught in a lie, they are bad. The question I'm asking myself now is whether you legitimately expected me to forget a suspicion I had less than 72 hours ago. :ponder:
I don't expect you to forget it. However, I'd expect you to omit it when sharing reads especially when it's something as weak as being pinged by "Hi, I'm nova and I'm tired of losing". The contrast is too big.
Man, that was a weird ping. Whether you have lost or not seems super based in fact (and not alignment indicative).
Soft support for Nova's case against me.
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:51 am I really think Mac could be onto something. Nova's got the reddest hue in my rainbow.
The reddest hue.

So what do we make of the fact that Mongoose has steadily read Nova as worse and worse throughout the entire game, starting from civilian to "the reddest hue"? Personally, I don't see any explanation of this development apart from "I think Mac is onto something." SO in summary, yes, I do think they are compatible teammates, with Mongoose trying to throw a little (but not too much) shade on Nova as a cover.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:10 pm
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:45 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:35 pm
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:30 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:26 pm no but seriously, i really did feel mongoose's entry was a little more stiff than her previous two.
Do you blame me after the raucous first day I had in Gossip Girl? That was brutalizing.
You got a read on dunya or nova?
Not yet, but I will amend when I do. I've played with them recently, so I could see a cabal thinking "Let's put a little pressure on Mongoose - she will get defensive and act weird and then we can vote her out early." I could also see them just desperate to grab onto any inkling of a ping on Day 0/Day 1 like we all are.

linki - Calibrating my playstyle to more suit this new world of mafia seems not only sensible but prudent. I'd expect anyone to do the same after playing one short game and literally one day period of another. My old style, which you would be unfamiliar with, seems a little antiquated for this new mafia landscape. It's more different than I could have ever realized.
No read on nova.
Mongoose wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:22 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:29 pm I'll have to agree with Dunya also about Luna's read on her. That "Town shines brightly" is funny looking, and it looks like something right out of Jay's eloquent gut reads.
But since Jay can’t be a teammate, what do you think this means? (Ignore this please if you answered it later in the thread, I’ll see it then). Thanks!
Mongoose wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:45 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:55 pm I'd like to hear more from Mongoose, so I'll wait for her to catch up :cloud9:
Thank you! If I missed anyone’s questions for me, please let me know. I tried to reply to anytime I was asked a question or mentioned in more than just passing.
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:19 pm I don’t know what my afternoon is going to look like other than a gauntlet of intense meetings, so I’m going to choose No Lynch. Day 1 votes are my most despised segment of a mafia game (as you may remember from the way back machine) so I’m going to let my vote sit here. I’m not down with a Juliets lynch and I’m not into voting for the new kid in his first ‘day’ either. Or an absentee player.

Why do I hate Day 1 so much? I always need more time (typically) before I can make a cashew or get a strong ping. I don’t want to recapitulate what I did above but I’m trying to foresee questions before I’m AWOL for a while/ rest of the afternoon. I’m getting a pre-ping on Luna and nova, but am I really? Do I just not know them yet? I just don’t think a first day mislynch is gonna do the town any favors if we can’t get our shizz together.

If I have time and can read, I will absolutely catch up on the thread and vote if I’m feeling something. I just don’t want to not vote either.

Linki cakes

This is a terrible time (legislative session) for me to be in a game so I’m trying the best I can - bear with me!
Pre-ping on Nova.
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:12 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:08 pm sloonei, maybe you missed my previous post. what about mongoose is town to you?
Sincerity. While I don’t think she’s given a ton of reads, she has been an open and willing participant in conversations whenever she’s been around. I don’t feel like she’s hiding.

But she hasn’t shared many reads.
I thought I had.

I feel Sloonei, Mac and Juliets are town.
Dunya and nova probably town
Colin is on border of town
Luna eep
MP and sprityo ??

Linki
Running out of time
Nova probably town.
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:28 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:37 pm I don't know why but the first thing that came to my mind for reconsideration is my read on Luna.
Yes let’s discuss
IN BTSC?!?! :eye: :eye: :eye:
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:55 pm Oof, I am married to so few of these.

SUBECT TO CHANGE

ColinIsCool good
dunya good
juliets good
Lunalee bad?
MacDougall good
Mongoose goodgoose
novaselinenever good
Sloonei angelic

This is not going to work out well for me.
Nova good.
Mongoose wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:43 am
Lunalee wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:20 am I just spent an entire night not sleeping so I might be insane right now, but I think you’re both town.
Ok, after reading the Nova/Mac drama, where Mac accuses Nova of being teammates with Sloonei, Sloonei says this. And it looks like something a teammate would totally do.
I GET this read but I just cannot fathom Sloonei being mafia. I think I could be talked into Nova (although not just because he won’t get off Mac’s ass - we’ve all been super wrong before with needless civ on civ violence ), but I just can’t with Sloonei

Linki
Could be talked into voting Nova.
Nova is reddish.
Mongoose wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:54 am
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:50 am
Is that so? This is the first time I'm hearing of it.
You’re not wrong. (Nothing big yet)

I’ll be around as much as I can today but honestly I need a break right now after that gauntlet of a catch up
Backs down immediately on being challenged.
Mongoose wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:19 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:50 pm Does anyone think it's likely that Luna never misunderstood the matrix, but is mafia and made up the fake claim and pretended not to understand it to make her claim more believable?
Personally, I would bet against this possibility. My theory is she legitimately misunderstood the matrix, but fake role-claimed anyway because, to quote her, she "had nothing to lose."
Perhaps lol. I disagree though, the original ping itself (yours) is pretty weak. It's about my first comment in thread "tired to lose" that one has to milk heavily in order to extrapolate a scum read from. I feel that'd be pretty natural for someone to forget about it with how many other posts and content I have that can be analyzed for reads. Repeating it several times (especially when it's contrasted by a "I feel better about him now/recently") strikes me as being extremely self-aware to and attempt to keep consistency that isn't natural.
Did you reply to the wrong post?
A little helpful correction among friends here.
Mongoose wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:33 pm
Epignosis claims he lies all the time as a civilian, but he is weird. I generally assume that if someone is caught in a lie, they are bad. The question I'm asking myself now is whether you legitimately expected me to forget a suspicion I had less than 72 hours ago. :ponder:
I don't expect you to forget it. However, I'd expect you to omit it when sharing reads especially when it's something as weak as being pinged by "Hi, I'm nova and I'm tired of losing". The contrast is too big.
Man, that was a weird ping. Whether you have lost or not seems super based in fact (and not alignment indicative).
Soft support for Nova's case against me.
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:51 am I really think Mac could be onto something. Nova's got the reddest hue in my rainbow.
The reddest hue.

So what do we make of the fact that Mongoose has steadily read Nova as worse and worse throughout the entire game, starting from civilian to "the reddest hue"? Personally, I don't see any explanation of this development apart from "I think Mac is onto something." SO in summary, yes, I do think they are compatible teammates, with Mongoose trying to throw a little (but not too much) shade on Nova as a cover.
Or setting herself up to vote me up as the last needed mislynch, like someone I know that has been pinged through 317 posts by "Hi! My name is Nova and I'm tired of losing".
novaselinenever
Hitman

323*

I was close.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:13 pm Or setting herself up to vote me up as the last needed mislynch, like someone I know that has been pinged through 317 posts by "Hi! My name is Nova and I'm tired of losing".
I was pinged by that in the beginning. I didn't actually start thinking you were bad until you used that ping as a rock to found your case against me on. Now you're just being intentionally dishonest.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [NIGHT 1]

Post by Sloonei »

This was possibly the shadiest moment in mongoose's entire ISO:
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:57 am
Mongoose wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:12 pm
thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:06 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:53 am Ok thanks llama that's very helpful. Can you be more specific on what you are seeing in nova that causes you to call him bad? If you have done that and I missed it, my apologies.
Not a lot concrete. I found the initial "tired of losing" comment suspicious. Others have gone on to explain that away, but I don't know that I'm convinced. I don't like Nova's case on Mac. Very unconvincing to me. Call it a gut read if you like.
I find the latter allegation way way more persuasive than the former.

Linkcake
Mongoose finds "I don't like Nova's case on Mac. Very unconvincing... Call it a gut read" to be a persuasive allegation. Noted.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [DAY 0]

Post by Sloonei »

The other contender for "shadiest moment in mongoose's iso" is this:
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:56 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:48 pm
Lunalee wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:04 pm I think I'll try Jay's "find the town instead of the scum" strategy this game. I think it will be easier for me.
This post is the reason I town read her I guess.
Whyyyy? Anyone could say that, regardless of alignment. That's a Safety McSaferson thing to say. I'm not saying it's suspicious in of itself (clearly, it's not and do not misunderstand me), but it's hardly a Visa to Civ Country.
She casts a total eclipse on Luna. I see no evidence in mongoose's ISO that she ever sincerely considered that luna could be town.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei, how do you interpret the interactions between Mongoose and Nova I posted?

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Also, juliets come back and answer my question from forever ago. Who are your two picks for the mafia right now?

novaselinenever
Hitman

thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:16 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:13 pm Or setting herself up to vote me up as the last needed mislynch, like someone I know that has been pinged through 317 posts by "Hi! My name is Nova and I'm tired of losing".
I was pinged by that in the beginning. I didn't actually start thinking you were bad until you used that ping as a rock to found your case against me on. Now you're just being intentionally dishonest.
Here's all your mentions of me before the previous phase. Feel free to add any I'm missing.
thellama73 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:57 pm novaselinenever - I was pinged by her post expressing frustration over not having won in a while. Could be the result of being given a baddie role and feeling outnumbered.
thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:32 pm It's a tone thing. Mafia tend to be more defensive and feel more vulnerable. I would expect fear or anxiety over losing, even if said in jest, more from a mafia member than a civilian.
thellama73 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:01 pm I have not felt too good about Nova from the beginning, but I don't have very much concrete to go on.
thellama73 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:52 pm Nova: Pinged me early on, but has been a good participant with useful contributions lately.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Here's me talking about you before mentioning the feelings your consistent pings gave me. But sure, that's the rock.
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:47 pm My tinfoil suspicion is llama person. Their contribution and presence are monotone, I've find everything they've done so far is in line with the thread. Not a lot of originality or risk.
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:47 pm The tangent about the no lynch votes was exaggerated.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:19 pm Sloonei, how do you interpret the interactions between Mongoose and Nova I posted?
She wanted to direct attention toward him after the luna/colin lynch went through or ran out of steam.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:21 pm
Here's all your mentions of me before the previous phase. Feel free to add any I'm missing.
thellama73 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:57 pm novaselinenever - I was pinged by her post expressing frustration over not having won in a while. Could be the result of being given a baddie role and feeling outnumbered.
thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:32 pm It's a tone thing. Mafia tend to be more defensive and feel more vulnerable. I would expect fear or anxiety over losing, even if said in jest, more from a mafia member than a civilian.
thellama73 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:01 pm I have not felt too good about Nova from the beginning, but I don't have very much concrete to go on.
thellama73 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:52 pm Nova: Pinged me early on, but has been a good participant with useful contributions lately.
False.
juliets wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:53 am Ok thanks llama that's very helpful. Can you be more specific on what you are seeing in nova that causes you to call him bad? If you have done that and I missed it, my apologies.
Not a lot concrete. I found the initial "tired of losing" comment suspicious. Others have gone on to explain that away, but I don't know that I'm convinced. I don't like Nova's case on Mac. Very unconvincing to me. Call it a gut read if you like.
And nice slight of hand with the "before the previous phase" comment. Yeah, I said "early on," so I already confirmed that. My suspicion of you solidified in Day 2. Do you think the fact that it didn't solidify before Day 2 is somehow a gotcha point?

novaselinenever
Hitman

thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:28 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:21 pm
False.
And nice slight of hand with the "before the previous phase" comment. Yeah, I said "early on," so I already confirmed that. My suspicion of you solidified in Day 2. Do you think the fact that it didn't solidify before Day 2 is somehow a gotcha point?
I did give a disclaim. However, I'm not sure how that missed quote help your case. It's in the same vein of "I don't like this", "I'm not convinced", and back to "gut read" lol.

Before the previous phase, refers to before N2. Show me the solidification that happened during D2.
novaselinenever
Hitman

And if you're interested in why I chose before N2, that's why because the the wheels were set in motion at Luna's mislynch and it's pretty fucking obvious.
novaselinenever
Hitman

I'm a typo machine
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:20 pm Also, juliets come back and answer my question from forever ago. Who are your two picks for the mafia right now?
I'm waiting to hear from Mongoose on the questions I asked her, especially about the post that looks like it could be a slip, but I would say I suspect you and her more than I suspect her and nova. It just seemed like you were in concert with each other at various times in the game. I really need to hear from her though to tell you how solid I am on that read of you two. I need all the puzzle pieces I can get.

On the other hand, I'm still a little bothered about why I didn't die (the tinfoil part of me). If you (or anyone) was bad why take out Luna over me? She isn't participating much and her power was obviously gone. Did she die because of her reads? Is it because I seemed pliant and she didn't seem like someone you could talk into suspecting someone else? Can anyone tell me why they think she got the axe and not me? Another question along this line: why are sloonei and nova still alive? I hate asking these questions but paranoia over the NK is killing me. Maybe I just need sleep.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:32 pm
I did give a disclaim. However, I'm not sure how that missed quote help your case. It's in the same vein of "I don't like this", "I'm not convinced", and back to "gut read" lol.

Before the previous phase, refers to before N2. Show me the solidification that happened during D2.
It doesn't help me or hurt me beyond demonstrating the untruth of your previous statement, and thta you don't care to tell the truth about me.

This is where my real suspicion of you started:
thellama73 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:17 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:14 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:13 pm Poll: Nova is unruffled by Mac Attack. Is this because
a) Mac is only one person and Nova, confident in his own innocence, does not feel in serious danger?
b) Nova is a cocky baddie aware that it only takes a couple of mislynches for his team to win, and is celebrating early?
Can we get a poll for Mac? I think the same options qualify.
Sure, if you like.

@Sloonei Do you think this post is truthful? I haven't made up my mind yet.
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:04 pm Llama's been pretty consistent with his "got pinged early" read on me. It's giving me the heebie jeebies
Granted, I didn't elaborate very much on it until Night 2. But at this point I was thinking you were bad.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:43 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:20 pm Also, juliets come back and answer my question from forever ago. Who are your two picks for the mafia right now?
I'm waiting to hear from Mongoose on the questions I asked her, especially about the post that looks like it could be a slip, but I would say I suspect you and her more than I suspect her and nova. It just seemed like you were in concert with each other at various times in the game. I really need to hear from her though to tell you how solid I am on that read of you two. I need all the puzzle pieces I can get.

On the other hand, I'm still a little bothered about why I didn't die (the tinfoil part of me). If you (or anyone) was bad why take out Luna over me? She isn't participating much and her power was obviously gone. Did she die because of her reads? Is it because I seemed pliant and she didn't seem like someone you could talk into suspecting someone else? Can anyone tell me why they think she got the axe and not me? Another question along this line: why are sloonei and nova still alive? I hate asking these questions but paranoia over the NK is killing me. Maybe I just need sleep.
Maybe they killed luna so you'd start asking yourself these questions.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

This was my answer to Llama's question at the time:
Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:42 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:13 pm Poll: Nova is unruffled by Mac Attack. Is this because
a) Mac is only one person and Nova, confident in his own innocence, does not feel in serious danger?
b) Nova is a cocky baddie aware that it only takes a couple of mislynches for his team to win, and is celebrating early?
Sure, if you like.

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:04 pm Llama's been pretty consistent with his "got pinged early" read on me. It's giving me the heebie jeebies
I’m not sure either. I don’t think it has to be a fake read.
I stand by it. Could you elaborate on why exactly this bothers you, llama?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:45 pm

I guess it seems like to me everyone who's not mafia should have the question in their mind "why Luna?" They picked her for a reason, else why not take out the civ who is trying to help solve the game.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:43 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:32 pm

It doesn't help me or hurt me beyond demonstrating the untruth of your previous statement, and thta you don't care to tell the truth about me.
>There's a disclaimer
>It's a quote addressed to someone else
>It's the only one missing amongst several dozen posts
>It says pretty much the same thing as the other quotes

But sure I don't care to tell the truth about you, and that demonstrate the untruth of the rest of my statement even though the quotes are there.

You're grasping hard.
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:43 pm This is where my real suspicion of you started:
Sure, if you like.

Granted, I didn't elaborate very much on it until Night 2. But at this point I was thinking you were bad.
>Gives option with A being a civilian Nova
>"I haven't made up my mind yet"

Yet, at this point you were thinking I was bad lol. It's a damn shame you didn't elaborate :p
novaselinenever
Hitman

Well, I am alive 'cause Bonny and Clyde over there are trying to get me lynched. I can't speak for Sloonei but he's been pushed around this night phase by Mac, so he might serve as a distraction.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:52 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:45 pm

I guess it seems like to me everyone who's not mafia should have the question in their mind "why Luna?" They picked her for a reason, else why not take out the civ who is trying to help solve the game.
Agreed. I thought you were a goner too, for all the same reasons you've expressed. My first inclination to explain the kill was "WIFOM", and as such I'm hesitant to stray too far down the path. It had to be you or luna tonight, and whichever one they chose would send a message to the remaining civilians. I wouldn't be surprised if they just flipped a coin or something.

What were the differences between your reads and luna's?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Mongoose flipped with you in her PoE, I believe.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Mid-Day 2 rainbow
Lunalee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:32 pm juliets
thellama73
MacDougall

Mongoose
novaselinenever
Sloonei

ColinIsCool
Night 2 posts:
Lunalee wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:53 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:52 pm I'm having trouble processing the last couple of pages
I think you're having trouble processing that your scum team has been outed and will be lynched in short order.
(I would be implicated in this with nova)
Lunalee wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:22 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:15 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:11 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:06 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:53 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:52 pm I'm having trouble processing the last couple of pages
I think you're having trouble processing that your scum team has been outed and will be lynched in short order.
I'm quoting this again 'cause I'm slightly tilted by it lol.

Do you actually believe this? Do you think a mafia member would have a problem with going with a plan that's getting them a mislynch either way, and in that off chance the double-voter gets confirmed they can just kill them at night (no protectors)?

Did you not read up the thread when I showed up and advocated for a tie 'cause I believed your claim and wanted you to have a 100% chance of surviving instead of 50%?
I said it thinking it was funny. And I see you didn't not see it that way. My apologies. Did you really firmly believe both Colin and I were town? That's seems like a difficult claim to make.

Right now my scum POE is narrowed down to: Sloonei, llama, and you, so I'm not saying you're confirmed scum, but I can't clear you.
Why is Mac removed from your POE?
because right now he looks town.
She didn't leave us with much. Colin was her primary focus yesterday. nova and i seemed to be her primary suspects (following Mac's case at the time), with Mac as a solid town read. Mongoose was orange in her earlier rainbow and llama was green.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm Mongoose flipped with you in her PoE, I believe.
Her POE was nova, sloonei, llama.

Mine has been less sure but I've been pursuing llama and Mongoose during the night phase.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Take a look at her post I quoted above to see her last word on who she suspected. ^ ^

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:47 pm I stand by it. Could you elaborate on why exactly this bothers you, llama?
Glad to. I found it really weird, because he was pinged by me repeating the same statement about him multiple times (that he pinged me early, but hadn't done much suspicious sense.) I pointed out that my read of him was consistent and asked why that was suspicious, and he said he would have expected me to "forget about it" since it was a minor thing. I responded that it had been a short period of time (under 72 hours) since I had the initial suspicion and why would he expect me to forget something I said/felt about him. He responded that he didn't expect me to forget it, which led to quibbling about the word "about" and its meaning. From there, he progressed from a ping to a full on suspicion of me.

Now, to me, that reads like someone who wanted to come after me, and needed to find an excuse to do it. As Nova himself points out I had really only said one thing about him so far, so he didn't have a lot to go on. He seized my one point about him, labeled it a ping, and from there developed it into more than a ping. I don't buy that any of that is authentic, especially given that I didn't find his case on Mac authentic either.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [NIGHT 2]

Post by Sloonei »

Speaking of mongoose and POE, I'm still waiting to hear back on this one:
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:22 am
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:29 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:14 am
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:13 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:46 pm Juliets you and I are on the exact same page. I think Luna is too and Mongoose. All we need to do is work together and we will easily accomplish this.
I’m on board.
With what, exactly?
Relax, not your lunch. Baddie hunting. Someone is leading us around by the noses, and I’m sick of it.
juliets
Lunalee

thellama73
MacDougall
Mongoose

novaselinenever
Sloonei

The mafia team according to mongoose?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

juliets wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:03 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm Mongoose flipped with you in her PoE, I believe.

Mine has been less sure but I've been pursuing llama and Mongoose during the night phase.
Yeah that's what I mean with the Mongoose > Sloonei flip, 'cause I've figured yours has been Llama/Me/Mongoose. The people who said you were going to re-read today.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:05 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:47 pm I stand by it. Could you elaborate on why exactly this bothers you, llama?
Glad to. I found it really weird, because he was pinged by me repeating the same statement about him multiple times (that he pinged me early, but hadn't done much suspicious sense.) I pointed out that my read of him was consistent and asked why that was suspicious, and he said he would have expected me to "forget about it" since it was a minor thing. I responded that it had been a short period of time (under 72 hours) since I had the initial suspicion and why would he expect me to forget something I said/felt about him. He responded that he didn't expect me to forget it, which led to quibbling about the word "about" and its meaning. From there, he progressed from a ping to a full on suspicion of me.

Now, to me, that reads like someone who wanted to come after me, and needed to find an excuse to do it. As Nova himself points out I had really only said one thing about him so far, so he didn't have a lot to go on. He seized my one point about him, labeled it a ping, and from there developed it into more than a ping. I don't buy that any of that is authentic, especially given that I didn't find his case on Mac authentic either.
[mention]novaselinenever[/mention] could you elaborate on why that initial ping on llama existed, and why the ping turned into a suspicion after you guys talked about it?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 266

Post by MacDougall »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:32 pm >Wasted her 1-shot
>Almost got lynched
>Got Killed immediately

The town confirm plan's gotta be the scam of the year lol.
This is such basic bitch logic. If we didn't get her outed she'd be priority lynch candidate and one of the other major town voices would be dead. We are in suuuuuch a better situation than that. Basic ass motherfucker.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:47 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:45 pm Is Mongoose/Nova compatiblegh?
Yes. Go read my ISO of Nova's interactions with Mongoose.
I did. It's good.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:44 pm I think townfirming Luna does enough (given we have little else to go by) to clear luna, mongoose and juliets. It should clear me too.
Mac, why did you clear mongoose here?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:11 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:47 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:45 pm Is Mongoose/Nova compatiblegh?
Yes. Go read my ISO of Nova's interactions with Mongoose.
I did. It's good.
What about mine?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:56 pm Juliets is locked Town with Luna's flip, not like she wasn't before just with her presence and then claim. I'm having trouble seeing a world where Sloonei is bad.

So unless Nova is bamboozling us (and I was right all along :p), I'm fairly certain Mongoose/Llama are the infamous duo.
FTFY
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:06 pm

Yeah that's what I mean with the Mongoose > Sloonei flip, 'cause I've figured yours has been Llama/Me/Mongoose. The people who said you were going to re-read today.
I still need to read you, sorry I didn't get it done today.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:11 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:44 pm I think townfirming Luna does enough (given we have little else to go by) to clear luna, mongoose and juliets. It should clear me too.
Mac, why did you clear mongoose here?
I was stuck in a universe where "the plan" was the towniest thing ever and Mongoose was a passive contributor to the plan and you and Nova were active dissenters to "the plan".
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Got shit to do brb
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:12 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:56 pm Juliets is locked Town with Luna's flip, not like she wasn't before just with her presence and then claim. I'm having trouble seeing a world where Sloonei is bad.

So unless Nova is bamboozling us (and I was right all along :p), I'm fairly certain Mongoose/Llama are the infamous duo.
FTFY
STOP FIGHTING
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:07 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:05 pm

@novaselinenever could you elaborate on why that initial ping on llama existed, and why the ping turned into a suspicion after you guys talked about it?
Let's first put to bed the notion that it was the rock of my suspicions of him, something that I did 2 times already I believe but that he ignored. Just like some of the posts below that he didn't respond to,

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:47 pm My tinfoil suspicion is llama person. Their contribution and presence are monotone, I've find everything they've done so far is in line with the thread. Not a lot of originality or risk.
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:47 pm The tangent about the no lynch votes was exaggerated.
With that out of the way, let's get to business enjoy the read. There's going to be a comment under one of the quotes, don't miss it.
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:08 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:05 pm
Do the heebiejeebies mean you think he's bad?
Not necessarily. It a negative ping though.
This one should put to bed the notion that I developed a scum read based on our interaction. The notion that's feeding his "hurr durr he's looking for a reason to scum read me". It was a negative ping, but not necessarily a reason to scum read at the time like I answered to you.
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:30 am
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:45 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:14 pm Nova made up a bs read of me on page fucking one and not once has he doubted it. I mean get real. Civilians don't do that. Fuck I wish dunya was still here.
This is the main thing that wories me about Nova as well. I don't believe his claim that he suspects me for having a consistent read on him. That doesn't make sense to me. It feels like he decided to build a case on me first and went looking for evidence for it later. .I also don't like his comment where he basically said "I won't get lynched as long as I am around to defend myself." That's overconfidence.

That isn't what pinged me now, is it? Your read isn't really consistent since you had me had bad, then started feeling better about me, then neutral and now bad I believe. What was unnaturally consistent is you keeping a negative ping due to my entry "Hi, I'm Nova and tired of losing" that you never substantiated. I have close to 300 posts, and a whole lot of content to analyze and get a read on. It feels like you never tried to figure me out and you're using that ping to justify keeping me at a neutral read to have your options open. It's pretty fucking obvious seeing your quotes in the spoiler below of most of your mentions of me.

Yeah, nope. I'm pretty sure Sloonei asked me if I read you bad because of it, and answered no. I had also before this shared some thoughts about you that I didn't feel great about but they were mostly tinfoily.

Again with "I don't like *insert random quote*". Substantiate. This is the same as you not liking me saying I'm tired of losing. This is actually what feels like someone deciding to build a case on someone and going to look for evidence later. It's weak, ad bland accusation. I mean how is overconfidence a necessarily bad thing? It's a cheap accusation that'll just go back to "call it a gut read" or maybe "tone" :rolleyes: .

novaselinenever
Hitman

juliets wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:12 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:06 pm

I still need to read you, sorry I didn't get it done today.
A lot of posts await you, but just townies stuff so don't worry :p
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Yeah, that's what I said. Nova's initial ping was THE BEGINNING of his case against me. I never said he leapt into it immediately scum-reading me. I said it was the thin end of the wedge designed to gradually ramp up a case against me in a way that looked organic. Nothing in Nova's post up there^ discredits my position on this.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Oh, sorry, I forgot to put the HURR DURR I supposedly say into my last post.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:22 pm Yeah, that's what I said. Nova's initial ping was THE BEGINNING of his case against me. I never said he leapt into it immediately scum-reading me. I said it was the thin end of the wedge designed to gradually ramp up a case against me in a way that looked organic. Nothing in Nova's post up there^ discredits my position on this.
What if I say I don't know what the inorganic part is?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:10 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:32 pm >Wasted her 1-shot
>Almost got lynched
>Got Killed immediately

The town confirm plan's gotta be the scam of the year lol.
This is such basic bitch logic. If we didn't get her outed she'd be priority lynch candidate and one of the other major town voices would be dead. We are in suuuuuch a better situation than that. Basic ass motherfucker.
My counter point would be we could have just believed her ya know. But that's an actually very good point, I'm impressed Mac.
novaselinenever
Hitman

:haha:

Return to “Previous Heists”