50%

Total votes: 8
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 484

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [DAY 3]

Post by novaselinenever »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:17 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:15 pm I wouldn't be here posting if I were running the clock.
Sure you would. You’re not saying anything new or hunting, but you’re keeping up the appearance of being active.
There's nothing to hunt. Same could be said about you, or anyone for that matter.

I'm waiting on Juliets reread.

And no, I wouldn't be here if I were running the clock.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 479
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:20 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:15 pm I wouldn't be here posting if I were running the clock.
Sure you would. You’re not saying anything new or hunting, but you’re keeping up the appearance of being active.
There's nothing to hunt. Same could be said about you, or anyone for that matter.

if I’m not hunting, what am I doing right now?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:19 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:13 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:10 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:59 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:53 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:49 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:22 pm It's a weird feeling not having anything to talk about with so much time left.
How do I know you’re town?
Look in your heart.
Convine like a civilian who’s tired of losing
Hi, I'm Nova and I'm really tired of losing as a civilian :noble:
I haven’t seen you doing as much work as others in the thread today. Earlier you were convinced that Mac was the top suspect, but now you’ve moved to Llama/Mongoose, but I didn’t see you do a whole lot to arrive at that conclusion, and now you seem like you’re just running out the clock.
What are you talking about? I was the first one to dig in after Luna's flip, and came up with my PoE of Mac/Llama/Mongoose. My work is there on it. Mac slipped as a top suspect after my numerous interaction with Llama who solidified himself as top suspect, and brining Mongoose with him by association. And also due to my interaction with him after the flip. I was the first one saying that his reaction was all right.

"Didn't see you do a whole lot to arrive at that conclusions" -> Read my post and interactions.
Show me
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:21 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:20 pm

if I’m not hunting, what am I doing right now?
You just resumed. You were running the clock prior :p
novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:22 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:19 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:13 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:10 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:59 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:53 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:49 pm

How do I know you’re town?
Look in your heart.
Convine like a civilian who’s tired of losing
Hi, I'm Nova and I'm really tired of losing as a civilian :noble:
I haven’t seen you doing as much work as others in the thread today. Earlier you were convinced that Mac was the top suspect, but now you’ve moved to Llama/Mongoose, but I didn’t see you do a whole lot to arrive at that conclusion, and now you seem like you’re just running out the clock.
What are you talking about? I was the first one to dig in after Luna's flip, and came up with my PoE of Mac/Llama/Mongoose. My work is there on it. Mac slipped as a top suspect after my numerous interaction with Llama who solidified himself as top suspect, and brining Mongoose with him by association. And also due to my interaction with him after the flip. I was the first one saying that his reaction was all right.

"Didn't see you do a whole lot to arrive at that conclusions" -> Read my post and interactions.
Show me
Stand by.
novaselinenever
Hitman

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] You asked for it,
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:56 pm I don't really see how this plan town confirmed anyone that went along with it. How is a negative for Mafia when the two leading wagons are mislynches for them, the alleged double-voter having 50% of proving herself, and no protective role to ensure the survival of the new town confirmed in that 50% scenario?
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:59 pm Why would scum!Sloonei hesitate with going with this "genius" plan? Makes no sense.
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:01 pm I'm sticking with my Town Juliets and Sloonei's reads. Sloonei's behavior at EoD isn't a slight on him at all. If anyone think so, feel free expend on the motives.

Llama/Mac/Mongoose. Our 2 baddies.
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:37 pm My PoE is pretty set. Llama/Mac/Mongoose.

It's the logical one.
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:30 am
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:45 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:14 pm Nova made up a bs read of me on page fucking one and not once has he doubted it. I mean get real. Civilians don't do that. Fuck I wish dunya was still here.
This is the main thing that wories me about Nova as well. I don't believe his claim that he suspects me for having a consistent read on him. That doesn't make sense to me. It feels like he decided to build a case on me first and went looking for evidence for it later. .I also don't like his comment where he basically said "I won't get lynched as long as I am around to defend myself." That's overconfidence.

That isn't what pinged me now, is it? Your read isn't really consistent since you had me had bad, then started feeling better about me, then neutral and now bad I believe. What was unnaturally consistent is you keeping a negative ping due to my entry "Hi, I'm Nova and tired of losing" that you never substantiated. I have close to 300 posts, and a whole lot of content to analyze and get a read on. It feels like you never tried to figure me out and you're using that ping to justify keeping me at a neutral read to have your options open. It's pretty fucking obvious seeing your quotes in the spoiler below of most of your mentions of me.

Yeah, nope. I'm pretty sure Sloonei asked me if I read you bad because of it, and answered no. I had also before this shared some thoughts about you that I didn't feel great about but they were mostly tinfoily.

Again with "I don't like *insert random quote*". Substantiate. This is the same as you not liking me saying I'm tired of losing. This is actually what feels like someone deciding to build a case on someone and going to look for evidence later. It's weak, ad bland accusation. I mean how is overconfidence a necessarily bad thing? It's a cheap accusation that'll just go back to "call it a gut read" or maybe "tone" :rolleyes: .

thellama73 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:57 pm novaselinenever - I was pinged by her post expressing frustration over not having won in a while. Could be the result of being given a baddie role and feeling outnumbered.
thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:32 pm It's a tone thing. Mafia tend to be more defensive and feel more vulnerable. I would expect fear or anxiety over losing, even if said in jest, more from a mafia member than a civilian.
thellama73 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:01 pm I have not felt too good about Nova from the beginning, but I don't have very much concrete to go on.
thellama73 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:52 pm Nova: Pinged me early on, but has been a good participant with useful contributions lately.
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:42 am Mac's refusal to consider anything else is rubbing me wrong. This ain't about reconsidering a read on 1 person who I can accept if one is in a tunnel, but rather a whole team.
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:42 am His outburst with Sloonei and me double-teaming him was all right though lol. He got crushed.
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:49 am The number 2 point in favor of Mongoose is pretty NAI. I mean you can be bad and busy, the same as you can be good and busy. Being truthful about your rl is pretty standard. I know I've been both before.

Same about the no-lynch vote. Her saying the truth there has no bearing on her alignment especially since you're not using "voted no lynch" as a point against her.
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:45 pm He's buddying the fuck out of Mac, and trying not to be confrontational with you.
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:45 pm I might actually be wrong about Mac :pout:

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:00 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:51 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:46 pm I have 300 posts in this game. Anyone that thinks I'm bad is crazy lol.

This is kinda where my head is at with you.

I think we’ve got a llama/mongoose team. Llama/Mac wouldn’t be shocking either, but it’s my second choice. I don’t believe anything llama is saying right now.

I mean sure before this one my most active game was as a baddie but the context was vastly different.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards a Llama/Mongoose as well. How do you see a Llama/Mac pairing? Or is it mostly based on Llama being bad rather than compatibility?

My second choice would Mac/Mongoose with how he tried to buy her a town lock immediately following that lynch. Stroke me as weird, but I'm cooling on him recently mostly due to Llama lighting a fire on himself lol.
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:43 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:23 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:14 pm @Lunalee we’ve hardly heard from you tonight. Your voice is crucial right now, as you’re one of two near-confirmed civilians. Please share your reads and let us work with you to nail down your suspects.

I know Luna is generally busy on Sunday mornings. Hopefully she'll be here this afternoon, I would like to hear her thoughts.

I'm off to read Mongoose and your ISO of Mongoose to see how strongly I hold to my Mongoose convictions. Prior to re-reading her I would say the thing that looks worst for her in my mind is she let llama's reads of her go by without challenging him. (I know she hasn't had a chance today, I'm talking about his earlier misgivings). So I'm off to read her.

That's a pretty good find. It's in striking contrast with her handling of other suspicions, see my post about how she takes everything in and make sure to respond to every point.

Perhaps, it's because she didn't feel the need to do the same with a scum buddy? :ponder:
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:45 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:43 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:44 pm Llama iso’d everyone at mylo and came to no new conclusions.

What conclusion should I have come to?

I dunno, it's just odd to see a player commit to rereading everybody at MYLO and then come out of the exercise with absolutely no new reads on anybody. Where's the nerve-wracking paranoia?

He didn't reread me that's for sure. Microwaved the "I don't like this", "I don't like that" and served it with a side of Nova/Mongoose compatibility.
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:56 pm Juliets is locked Town with Luna's flip, not like she wasn't before just with her presence and then claim. I'm having trouble seeing a world where Sloonei is bad.

So unless Macdougal is bamboozling us (and I was right all along :p), I'm fairly certain Mongoose/Llama are the infamous duo.
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:10 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:05 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:02 pmNice.

Why is mac town now?

He ain't on my book, but he's the lighter red amongst my PoE. While I've been making fun of the plan he had, I'm having trouble seeing why a baddie mac would go through the effort of coming up with it. I also felt like our interactions after last night's flip were genuine, peeps laying it all down, going at it trying to solve the game. His reaction was all right when he got overwhelmed, so that's a plus. I'm disappointed though that he didn't come back to "destroy" us like he promised lol.
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:52 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:43 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:32 pm
I did give a disclaim. However, I'm not sure how that missed quote help your case. It's in the same vein of "I don't like this", "I'm not convinced", and back to "gut read" lol.

Before the previous phase, refers to before N2. Show me the solidification that happened during D2.

It doesn't help me or hurt me beyond demonstrating the untruth of your previous statement, and thta you don't care to tell the truth about me.

>There's a disclaimer
>It's a quote addressed to someone else
>It's the only one missing amongst several dozen posts
>It says pretty much the same thing as the other quotes

But sure I don't care to tell the truth about you, and that demonstrate the untruth of the rest of my statement even though the quotes are there.

You're grasping hard.

thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:43 pm This is where my real suspicion of you started:
thellama73 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:17 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:14 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:13 pm Poll: Nova is unruffled by Mac Attack. Is this because
a) Mac is only one person and Nova, confident in his own innocence, does not feel in serious danger?
b) Nova is a cocky baddie aware that it only takes a couple of mislynches for his team to win, and is celebrating early?

Can we get a poll for Mac? I think the same options qualify.

Sure, if you like.

@Sloonei Do you think this post is truthful? I haven't made up my mind yet.
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:04 pm Llama's been pretty consistent with his "got pinged early" read on me. It's giving me the heebie jeebies

Granted, I didn't elaborate very much on it until Night 2. But at this point I was thinking you were bad.

>Gives option with A being a civilian Nova
>"I haven't made up my mind yet"

Yet, at this point you were thinking I was bad lol. It's a damn shame you didn't elaborate :p

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:17 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:07 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:05 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:47 pm I stand by it. Could you elaborate on why exactly this bothers you, llama?

Glad to. I found it really weird, because he was pinged by me repeating the same statement about him multiple times (that he pinged me early, but hadn't done much suspicious sense.) I pointed out that my read of him was consistent and asked why that was suspicious, and he said he would have expected me to "forget about it" since it was a minor thing. I responded that it had been a short period of time (under 72 hours) since I had the initial suspicion and why would he expect me to forget something I said/felt about him. He responded that he didn't expect me to forget it, which led to quibbling about the word "about" and its meaning. From there, he progressed from a ping to a full on suspicion of me.

Now, to me, that reads like someone who wanted to come after me, and needed to find an excuse to do it. As Nova himself points out I had really only said one thing about him so far, so he didn't have a lot to go on. He seized my one point about him, labeled it a ping, and from there developed it into more than a ping. I don't buy that any of that is authentic, especially given that I didn't find his case on Mac authentic either.

@novaselinenever could you elaborate on why that initial ping on llama existed, and why the ping turned into a suspicion after you guys talked about it?

Let's first put to bed the notion that it was the rock of my suspicions of him, something that I did 2 times already I believe but that he ignored. Just like some of the posts below that he didn't respond to,

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:47 pm My tinfoil suspicion is llama person. Their contribution and presence are monotone, I've find everything they've done so far is in line with the thread. Not a lot of originality or risk.
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:47 pm The tangent about the no lynch votes was exaggerated.

With that out of the way, let's get to business enjoy the read. There's going to be a comment under one of the quotes, don't miss it.

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:04 pm Llama's been pretty consistent with his "got pinged early" read on me. It's giving me the heebie jeebies

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:08 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:05 pm

Do the heebiejeebies mean you think he's bad?

Not necessarily. It a negative ping though.

This one should put to bed the notion that I developed a scum read based on our interaction. The notion that's feeding his "hurr durr he's looking for a reason to scum read me". It was a negative ping, but not necessarily a reason to scum read at the time like I answered to you.

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:17 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:10 pm
Mongoose wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:08 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:53 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:50 pm Does anyone think it's likely that Luna never misunderstood the matrix, but is mafia and made up the fake claim and pretended not to understand it to make her claim more believable?

Personally, I would bet against this possibility. My theory is she legitimately misunderstood the matrix, but fake role-claimed anyway because, to quote her, she "had nothing to lose."

It doesn't make sense any way you slice it that you have "nothing to lose".

I don't understand this post.

Perhaps lol. I disagree though, the original ping itself (yours) is pretty weak. It's about my first comment in thread "tired to lose" that one has to milk heavily in order to extrapolate a scum read from. I feel that'd be pretty natural for someone to forget about it with how many other posts and content I have that can be analyzed for reads. Repeating it several times (especially when it's contrasted by a "I feel better about him now/recently") strikes me as being extremely self-aware to and attempt to keep consistency that isn't natural.

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:32 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:29 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:27 pm Lynch all liars? :grin:

Epignosis claims he lies all the time as a civilian, but he is weird. I generally assume that if someone is caught in a lie, they are bad. The question I'm asking myself now is whether you legitimately expected me to forget a suspicion I had less than 72 hours ago. :ponder:

I don't expect you to forget it. However, I'd expect you to omit it when sharing reads especially when it's something as weak as being pinged by "Hi, I'm nova and I'm tired of losing". The contrast is too big.

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:30 am
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:45 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:14 pm Nova made up a bs read of me on page fucking one and not once has he doubted it. I mean get real. Civilians don't do that. Fuck I wish dunya was still here.

This is the main thing that wories me about Nova as well. I don't believe his claim that he suspects me for having a consistent read on him. That doesn't make sense to me. It feels like he decided to build a case on me first and went looking for evidence for it later. .I also don't like his comment where he basically said "I won't get lynched as long as I am around to defend myself." That's overconfidence.

That isn't what pinged me now, is it? Your read isn't really consistent since you had me had bad, then started feeling better about me, then neutral and now bad I believe. What was unnaturally consistent is you keeping a negative ping due to my entry "Hi, I'm Nova and tired of losing" that you never substantiated. I have close to 300 posts, and a whole lot of content to analyze and get a read on. It feels like you never tried to figure me out and you're using that ping to justify keeping me at a neutral read to have your options open. It's pretty fucking obvious seeing your quotes in the spoiler below of most of your mentions of me.

Yeah, nope. I'm pretty sure Sloonei asked me if I read you bad because of it, and answered no. I had also before this shared some thoughts about you that I didn't feel great about but they were mostly tinfoily.

Again with "I don't like *insert random quote*". Substantiate. This is the same as you not liking me saying I'm tired of losing. This is actually what feels like someone deciding to build a case on someone and going to look for evidence later. It's weak, ad bland accusation. I mean how is overconfidence a necessarily bad thing? It's a cheap accusation that'll just go back to "call it a gut read" or maybe "tone" :rolleyes: .

thellama73 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:57 pm novaselinenever - I was pinged by her post expressing frustration over not having won in a while. Could be the result of being given a baddie role and feeling outnumbered.
thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:32 pm It's a tone thing. Mafia tend to be more defensive and feel more vulnerable. I would expect fear or anxiety over losing, even if said in jest, more from a mafia member than a civilian.
thellama73 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:01 pm I have not felt too good about Nova from the beginning, but I don't have very much concrete to go on.
thellama73 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:52 pm Nova: Pinged me early on, but has been a good participant with useful contributions lately.

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:29 pm Yep, just like a civilian would not develop a read on someone with over 300 posts but rather always keep them neutral as to leave options open. Doing so using, or milking should I say, a NOT AT ALL phony ping about "Hi! I'm Nova and I'm tired of losing".
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:40 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:37 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:29 pm Yep, just like a civilian would not develop a read on someone with over 300 posts but rather always keep them neutral as to leave options open. Doing so using, or milking should I say, a NOT AT ALL phony ping about "Hi! I'm Nova and I'm tired of losing".

You didn't have 300 posts at the time. And having a lot of posts does not make you civilian. The fact that you think it does is insulting to the intelligence of everyone here.

Content volume should definitely be a factor in our reads.

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:45 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:40 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:46 pm I have 300 posts in this game. Anyone that thinks I'm bad is crazy lol.

Because mafia never post a lot.

nova's not usually a 300-posts-in-2-Days kinda guy. This is an unusually high volume of content from him.

I'll always vouch at least a little bit for content volume as a potential alignment indicator. I know first hand how difficult it is to fake an extremely high level of participation.

It ain't about it being a factor in a read, it's about it being a factor to developing a read. He never dug into my posts 'cause he has no intention to figure me out. He's all right with using that early phony ping to keep me at a neutral read until the time when I'm not anymore.

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:56 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:51 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:45 pm I brought it up once. Where are you getting "keep bringing it up"?

This is a lie, which you admit in the very next post.

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:46 pm The other times I brought up the number of my post is about you not dinging into them and developing a read, not them having a bearing on my alignment.

Stop lying, liar.

So are you going to pretend that your "keep bringing it up" isn't in correlation to bringing it up as a mean to justify civiness, and volume of posts being a factor in alignment?

Whatever float your boat, just keep side-stepping.
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:06 pm @MacDougall

What exactly is his case on me, except narrating Mongoose's suspicion on me? He has no case on me, it's your own case and you're projecting your tunnel on him to feed it.

It ain't a distancing scum tactic. Those same Mongoose suspicion on me are mirroring his treatment of me. Never digging in my posts to figure me out, keeping me at a neutral read to keep options open, prodding your case on me and buddying you. All for what? For this moment right fucking here.
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:24 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:19 pm If Llama is Mafia and in win now mode then his teammate is someone else. If I am wrong it doesn't matter anyway because if Mongoose gets lynched today and Llama is the other Mafia he's going to lose no matter which way the rest of the game pans out. Llama is too smart to have got trapped this way imo.

Well, he is trapped. Him and Mongoose prodding my case and keeping me at neutral had a side effect of buddying you. Juliets is mod-confirmed. He can't justify a scum read on Sloonei even though he tried to throw some shade by saying that his EoD behavior were bad but not a "slight" to his overall play lol.

I'm his only other scum read, and I'm being viewed better than Mongoose by most of the thread. He ain't got the pull to push the lynch on me so what other option is there except buss Mongoose and paint a connection with his other scum read, me?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 232

Post by dunya »

novaselinenever
Hitman

So what are you talking about?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Alright yeah you’re town. I think. I just need to double check all my boxes today. :p
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:43 pm So what are you talking about?
I just wanted you to make a case for yourself, you never did it last night.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:41 pm Image
Why are you sharing Poutanko's iso? :p
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

If this game isn’t solved I’ll eat an eraser.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:47 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:43 pm So what are you talking about?
I just wanted you to make a case for yourself, you never did it last night.
No problem man, that's why I asked last phase people to talk about me. In case, it happened when I wasn't around. I've also been waiting for Juliets final thoughts.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:48 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:41 pm Image
Why are you sharing Poutanko's iso? :p
last thing i copied. my gif didn't copy and paste oops. fixed
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: Mongoose] aubergine

We need to consolidate our votes. If just one civilian isn’t on the right wagon, it’s possible for scum to force a tie and pray for a favorable coinflip. I’m nearly certain about both llama and mongoose (pending new developments), but Mongoose is the safer bet IMO.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I’m talkin bout consolidating votes with ~30 hours left in the day.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Let's do it

[VOTE: Mongoose] aubergine
novaselinenever
Hitman

novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:47 am No, there is none but I'm interested in seeing something lol.
I was interested in seeing something though XD
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:00 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:47 am No, there is none but I'm interested in seeing something lol.
No reason not to wait around to see it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:35 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:00 pm
No reason not to wait around to see it.
With how the votes are placed, it's not a thing anymore.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Word. I take it you were interested in how llama and/or mongoose would respond to a poll split between them?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:01 pm Word. I take it you were interested in how llama and/or mongoose would respond to a poll split between them?
Exactly. Especially Mongoose, didn't feel any sense of urgency from her yesterday with how the discussion was heading and votes piling up on her.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I am so late getting home, I'm not going to finish nova by the time the poll closes, but since Mongoose is a consensus read today I guess thats ok, I can finish it in the night phase. Is there anything I need to know? I scanned through and it didn't look like llama or Mongoose have been here today is that right?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:24 pm I am so late getting home, I'm not going to finish nova by the time the poll closes, but since Mongoose is a consensus read today I guess thats ok, I can finish it in the night phase. Is there anything I need to know? I scanned through and it didn't look like llama or Mongoose have been here today is that right?
The poll is still open for another 24 hours.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:45 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:24 pm I am so late getting home, I'm not going to finish nova by the time the poll closes, but since Mongoose is a consensus read today I guess thats ok, I can finish it in the night phase. Is there anything I need to know? I scanned through and it didn't look like llama or Mongoose have been here today is that right?
The poll is still open for another 24 hours.
oh for god's sake, how did I not notice that, lol. Thanks!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 131

Post by thellama73 »

Hey guys, sorry I haven't ben around. Busy work day today. I don't have too much to add except to say that Mongoose is the obvious choice for a lynch today, and I'm pleased you all seem to have reached that same conclusion.

Assuming Juliets is as she appears to be, and that I'm right about Sloonei being town, the mafia is either Mongoose/Nova, Mongoose/Mac or Mac/Nova. I simply don't believe Mac/Nova is possible, therefore it has to be Mongoose. QED.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [NIGHT 2]

Post by Mongoose »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:57 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:49 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:45 pm Is Mongoose/Nova compatiblegh?
I haven’t looked into nova’s compatibility with her, but Mongoose has been propping up your case against him all game
Has she? Why not vote there?
oh, I so have. But I wouldn't characterize it as propping up so much as buying into Mac'scase.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:27 pm So is Mongoose buddying up to me and Nova buddying up to you Sloonei?

Or are you and Nova just 100% right about this and I'm barking up the wrong tree altogether re. Nova.

It's one of those things where Goose and Llama are both saying things I feel. If they have pocketed me it has been a success.
Not buddying up to you, but I felt early on you were Team Civ and have been thinking you were onto something with the Nova call. Not so much the Sloonei Incident.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:28 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:00 pm
She is according to Llama, her scum buddy.
So I'm not Mafia now? After all this.
Seems like a pretty quick flip.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:28 pm Getting back to my piggybacking of a point juliets made, Mongoose responded in part to my questions about her interaction with llama with this:
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:51 am There were seemingly better candidates. I was far from the only person to suspect Luna. The game is young. This is the first heist I've ever played (oof this pacing), so maybe that explains why everyone is so concerned with my lack of Day 1 pings and non-aggressive stance on Day 2. Back int he day, I just don't remember such drama over not having a lot of day 1 reads. It's a little baffling to me. I'm not the type to throw something out there and watch what happens. I don't disagree with that style, it's just not me.
These words were typed during this very night phase. Earlier in the game, however, she expressed the following frustration with the state of affairs:
Mongoose wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:13 pm Someone is hoodwinking us big time.
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:29 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:14 am
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:13 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:46 pm Juliets you and I are on the exact same page. I think Luna is too and Mongoose. All we need to do is work together and we will easily accomplish this.
I’m on board.
With what, exactly?
Relax, not your lunch. Baddie hunting. Someone is leading us around by the noses, and I’m sick of it.
Do these posts reflect a cohesive civilian mindset? In the earlier two posts, she seems frustrated with the lack of success civilians are having. In the latest post, she excuses her avoidance of llama behind an apparent nonchalance over the state of the game.
I wasn't trying to chastise anyone, far from it. Someone is duping the group, and it's not me.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:34 pm Luna wouldn't have been able to use her 1-shot today anyway because IT'S MYLO, FOLKS.

Beginning of day rainbow:
juliets
Mac
nova

Mongoose
llama
Well that seems unwarranted.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Mongoose wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:16 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:28 pm Getting back to my piggybacking of a point juliets made, Mongoose responded in part to my questions about her interaction with llama with this:
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:51 am There were seemingly better candidates. I was far from the only person to suspect Luna. The game is young. This is the first heist I've ever played (oof this pacing), so maybe that explains why everyone is so concerned with my lack of Day 1 pings and non-aggressive stance on Day 2. Back int he day, I just don't remember such drama over not having a lot of day 1 reads. It's a little baffling to me. I'm not the type to throw something out there and watch what happens. I don't disagree with that style, it's just not me.
These words were typed during this very night phase. Earlier in the game, however, she expressed the following frustration with the state of affairs:
Mongoose wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:13 pm Someone is hoodwinking us big time.
MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:46 pm Juliets you and I are on the exact same page. I think Luna is too and Mongoose. All we need to do is work together and we will easily accomplish this.
I’m on board.
With what, exactly?
Relax, not your lunch. Baddie hunting. Someone is leading us around by the noses, and I’m sick of it.
Do these posts reflect a cohesive civilian mindset? In the earlier two posts, she seems frustrated with the lack of success civilians are having. In the latest post, she excuses her avoidance of llama behind an apparent nonchalance over the state of the game.
I wasn't trying to chastise anyone, far from it. Someone is duping the group, and it's not me.
I was not accusing you of chastising anyone. This addresses none of my concerns.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:45 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:40 pm
Because mafia never post a lot.
nova's not usually a 300-posts-in-2-Days kinda guy. This is an unusually high volume of content from him.

I'll always vouch at least a little bit for content volume as a potential alignment indicator. I know first hand how difficult it is to fake an extremely high level of participation.
Nova has had a suspicious way about him, but the number of posts is not part of it.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:47 pm
Yes. Go read my ISO of Nova's interactions with Mongoose.
Wrong like usual.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I know my tone is kinda clipped, but I'm going through literally 6 pages of backlog.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [DAY 2]

Post by Mongoose »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:49 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:40 pm To be clear, I don’t disbelieve the story one way or other. And actually, believing the story makes me feel slightly worse about llama. What I’m bothered by is llama’s “softball setup” in your words. It reads like he and mongoose conspired to get this narrative out there quickly and on their own terms so that the issue could be swept under the rug (hence also treating colin as a friend most of the day).

Llama was not the only one who took issue with the No Lynch votes. I did too, and I was not alone in that prior to llama’s entry into the game.
How is it a "softball setup"? I demanded an explanation and I got one that satisfied me. I'm confused about how you think I should have asked that question.
"Softball setup" was juliets' way of framing it, but I did co-sign it so I guess I'm in this with her.

It felt like a sterile question. You seemed to frame it somewhat deliberately and then she seemed too well prepared in her response to it. It was apparently one of the two most pressing issues for you at the start of the day, but you accepted her story right away and did not bring it up again.
It definitely didn't feel softball. That would have been so easy to let it sneak by if we were on the same team. No one had even dang ole brought it up yet.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:05 pm And talk about me. I want that dark green, and a little bit of space between my name and Bonny & Clyde's :p
I was wondering if we had abruptly stopped doing just that! (Talking about Nova, that is, not the other part).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Mongoose wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:26 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:49 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:40 pm To be clear, I don’t disbelieve the story one way or other. And actually, believing the story makes me feel slightly worse about llama. What I’m bothered by is llama’s “softball setup” in your words. It reads like he and mongoose conspired to get this narrative out there quickly and on their own terms so that the issue could be swept under the rug (hence also treating colin as a friend most of the day).

Llama was not the only one who took issue with the No Lynch votes. I did too, and I was not alone in that prior to llama’s entry into the game.
How is it a "softball setup"? I demanded an explanation and I got one that satisfied me. I'm confused about how you think I should have asked that question.
"Softball setup" was juliets' way of framing it, but I did co-sign it so I guess I'm in this with her.

It felt like a sterile question. You seemed to frame it somewhat deliberately and then she seemed too well prepared in her response to it. It was apparently one of the two most pressing issues for you at the start of the day, but you accepted her story right away and did not bring it up again.
It definitely didn't feel softball. That would have been so easy to let it sneak by if we were on the same team. No one had even dang ole brought it up yet.
It was a huge topic of discussion Day & Night 1, and llama asked that question first thing on Day 2.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Mongoose wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:15 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:28 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:00 pm
She is according to Llama, her scum buddy.
So I'm not Mafia now? After all this.
Seems like a pretty quick flip.
:rolleyes:
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:13 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:10 pm
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:45 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:35 pm
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:30 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:26 pm no but seriously, i really did feel mongoose's entry was a little more stiff than her previous two.
Do you blame me after the raucous first day I had in Gossip Girl? That was brutalizing.
You got a read on dunya or nova?
Not yet, but I will amend when I do. I've played with them recently, so I could see a cabal thinking "Let's put a little pressure on Mongoose - she will get defensive and act weird and then we can vote her out early." I could also see them just desperate to grab onto any inkling of a ping on Day 0/Day 1 like we all are.

linki - Calibrating my playstyle to more suit this new world of mafia seems not only sensible but prudent. I'd expect anyone to do the same after playing one short game and literally one day period of another. My old style, which you would be unfamiliar with, seems a little antiquated for this new mafia landscape. It's more different than I could have ever realized.
No read on nova.
Mongoose wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:22 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:29 pm I'll have to agree with Dunya also about Luna's read on her. That "Town shines brightly" is funny looking, and it looks like something right out of Jay's eloquent gut reads.
But since Jay can’t be a teammate, what do you think this means? (Ignore this please if you answered it later in the thread, I’ll see it then). Thanks!
Mongoose wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:45 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:55 pm I'd like to hear more from Mongoose, so I'll wait for her to catch up :cloud9:
Thank you! If I missed anyone’s questions for me, please let me know. I tried to reply to anytime I was asked a question or mentioned in more than just passing.
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:19 pm I don’t know what my afternoon is going to look like other than a gauntlet of intense meetings, so I’m going to choose No Lynch. Day 1 votes are my most despised segment of a mafia game (as you may remember from the way back machine) so I’m going to let my vote sit here. I’m not down with a Juliets lynch and I’m not into voting for the new kid in his first ‘day’ either. Or an absentee player.

Why do I hate Day 1 so much? I always need more time (typically) before I can make a cashew or get a strong ping. I don’t want to recapitulate what I did above but I’m trying to foresee questions before I’m AWOL for a while/ rest of the afternoon. I’m getting a pre-ping on Luna and nova, but am I really? Do I just not know them yet? I just don’t think a first day mislynch is gonna do the town any favors if we can’t get our shizz together.

If I have time and can read, I will absolutely catch up on the thread and vote if I’m feeling something. I just don’t want to not vote either.

Linki cakes

This is a terrible time (legislative session) for me to be in a game so I’m trying the best I can - bear with me!
Pre-ping on Nova.
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:12 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:08 pm sloonei, maybe you missed my previous post. what about mongoose is town to you?
Sincerity. While I don’t think she’s given a ton of reads, she has been an open and willing participant in conversations whenever she’s been around. I don’t feel like she’s hiding.

But she hasn’t shared many reads.
I thought I had.

I feel Sloonei, Mac and Juliets are town.
Dunya and nova probably town
Colin is on border of town
Luna eep
MP and sprityo ??

Linki
Running out of time
Nova probably town.
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:28 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:37 pm I don't know why but the first thing that came to my mind for reconsideration is my read on Luna.
Yes let’s discuss
IN BTSC?!?! :eye: :eye: :eye:
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:55 pm Oof, I am married to so few of these.

SUBECT TO CHANGE

ColinIsCool good
dunya good
juliets good
Lunalee bad?
MacDougall good
Mongoose goodgoose
novaselinenever good
Sloonei angelic

This is not going to work out well for me.
Nova good.
Mongoose wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:43 am
Lunalee wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:20 am I just spent an entire night not sleeping so I might be insane right now, but I think you’re both town.
Ok, after reading the Nova/Mac drama, where Mac accuses Nova of being teammates with Sloonei, Sloonei says this. And it looks like something a teammate would totally do.
I GET this read but I just cannot fathom Sloonei being mafia. I think I could be talked into Nova (although not just because he won’t get off Mac’s ass - we’ve all been super wrong before with needless civ on civ violence ), but I just can’t with Sloonei

Linki
Could be talked into voting Nova.
Mongoose wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:48 am
Lunalee wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:09 pm You know, I sort of think nova stood up to Mac's suspicions pretty well. Instead of conceding to Mac's questioning, or changing his opinions to get on Mac's side, he dug his feet in hard, and fired back with every reason to do so. I'm just not convinced he's scum because of it.
That’s a fair point. (Nova is my next reddish pick after Luna, so I’m following this along closely as well)
Nova is reddish.
Mongoose wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:54 am
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:50 am
Lunalee wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:09 pm You know, I sort of think nova stood up to Mac's suspicions pretty well. Instead of conceding to Mac's questioning, or changing his opinions to get on Mac's side, he dug his feet in hard, and fired back with every reason to do so. I'm just not convinced he's scum because of it.
That’s a fair point. (Nova is my next reddish pick after Luna, so I’m following this along closely as well)
Is that so? This is the first time I'm hearing of it.
You’re not wrong. (Nothing big yet)

I’ll be around as much as I can today but honestly I need a break right now after that gauntlet of a catch up
Backs down immediately on being challenged.
Mongoose wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:19 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:53 pm

Personally, I would bet against this possibility. My theory is she legitimately misunderstood the matrix, but fake role-claimed anyway because, to quote her, she "had nothing to lose."
Perhaps lol. I disagree though, the original ping itself (yours) is pretty weak. It's about my first comment in thread "tired to lose" that one has to milk heavily in order to extrapolate a scum read from. I feel that'd be pretty natural for someone to forget about it with how many other posts and content I have that can be analyzed for reads. Repeating it several times (especially when it's contrasted by a "I feel better about him now/recently") strikes me as being extremely self-aware to and attempt to keep consistency that isn't natural.
Did you reply to the wrong post?
A little helpful correction among friends here.
Mongoose wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:33 pm
Epignosis claims he lies all the time as a civilian, but he is weird. I generally assume that if someone is caught in a lie, they are bad. The question I'm asking myself now is whether you legitimately expected me to forget a suspicion I had less than 72 hours ago. :ponder:
I don't expect you to forget it. However, I'd expect you to omit it when sharing reads especially when it's something as weak as being pinged by "Hi, I'm nova and I'm tired of losing". The contrast is too big.
Man, that was a weird ping. Whether you have lost or not seems super based in fact (and not alignment indicative).
Soft support for Nova's case against me.
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:51 am I really think Mac could be onto something. Nova's got the reddest hue in my rainbow.
The reddest hue.

So what do we make of the fact that Mongoose has steadily read Nova as worse and worse throughout the entire game, starting from civilian to "the reddest hue"? Personally, I don't see any explanation of this development apart from "I think Mac is onto something." SO in summary, yes, I do think they are compatible teammates, with Mongoose trying to throw a little (but not too much) shade on Nova as a cover.
Or setting herself up to vote me up as the last needed mislynch, like someone I know that has been pinged through 317 posts by "Hi! My name is Nova and I'm tired of losing".
You saying that didn't ping me (if you were talking about me; I am not entirely sure you were but wanted to clarify the record).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Mongoose wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:27 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:05 pm And talk about me. I want that dark green, and a little bit of space between my name and Bonny & Clyde's :p
I was wondering if we had abruptly stopped doing just that! (Talking about Nova, that is, not the other part).
We have talked plenty.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Mongoose wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:31 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:13 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:10 pm
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:45 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:35 pm
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:30 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:26 pm no but seriously, i really did feel mongoose's entry was a little more stiff than her previous two.
Do you blame me after the raucous first day I had in Gossip Girl? That was brutalizing.
You got a read on dunya or nova?
Not yet, but I will amend when I do. I've played with them recently, so I could see a cabal thinking "Let's put a little pressure on Mongoose - she will get defensive and act weird and then we can vote her out early." I could also see them just desperate to grab onto any inkling of a ping on Day 0/Day 1 like we all are.

linki - Calibrating my playstyle to more suit this new world of mafia seems not only sensible but prudent. I'd expect anyone to do the same after playing one short game and literally one day period of another. My old style, which you would be unfamiliar with, seems a little antiquated for this new mafia landscape. It's more different than I could have ever realized.
No read on nova.
Mongoose wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:22 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:29 pm I'll have to agree with Dunya also about Luna's read on her. That "Town shines brightly" is funny looking, and it looks like something right out of Jay's eloquent gut reads.
But since Jay can’t be a teammate, what do you think this means? (Ignore this please if you answered it later in the thread, I’ll see it then). Thanks!
Mongoose wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:45 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:55 pm I'd like to hear more from Mongoose, so I'll wait for her to catch up :cloud9:
Thank you! If I missed anyone’s questions for me, please let me know. I tried to reply to anytime I was asked a question or mentioned in more than just passing.
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:19 pm I don’t know what my afternoon is going to look like other than a gauntlet of intense meetings, so I’m going to choose No Lynch. Day 1 votes are my most despised segment of a mafia game (as you may remember from the way back machine) so I’m going to let my vote sit here. I’m not down with a Juliets lynch and I’m not into voting for the new kid in his first ‘day’ either. Or an absentee player.

Why do I hate Day 1 so much? I always need more time (typically) before I can make a cashew or get a strong ping. I don’t want to recapitulate what I did above but I’m trying to foresee questions before I’m AWOL for a while/ rest of the afternoon. I’m getting a pre-ping on Luna and nova, but am I really? Do I just not know them yet? I just don’t think a first day mislynch is gonna do the town any favors if we can’t get our shizz together.

If I have time and can read, I will absolutely catch up on the thread and vote if I’m feeling something. I just don’t want to not vote either.

Linki cakes

This is a terrible time (legislative session) for me to be in a game so I’m trying the best I can - bear with me!
Pre-ping on Nova.
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:12 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:08 pm sloonei, maybe you missed my previous post. what about mongoose is town to you?
Sincerity. While I don’t think she’s given a ton of reads, she has been an open and willing participant in conversations whenever she’s been around. I don’t feel like she’s hiding.

But she hasn’t shared many reads.
I thought I had.

I feel Sloonei, Mac and Juliets are town.
Dunya and nova probably town
Colin is on border of town
Luna eep
MP and sprityo ??

Linki
Running out of time
Nova probably town.
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:28 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:37 pm I don't know why but the first thing that came to my mind for reconsideration is my read on Luna.
Yes let’s discuss
IN BTSC?!?! :eye: :eye: :eye:
Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:55 pm Oof, I am married to so few of these.

SUBECT TO CHANGE

ColinIsCool good
dunya good
juliets good
Lunalee bad?
MacDougall good
Mongoose goodgoose
novaselinenever good
Sloonei angelic

This is not going to work out well for me.
Nova good.
Mongoose wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:43 am
Lunalee wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:20 am I just spent an entire night not sleeping so I might be insane right now, but I think you’re both town.
Ok, after reading the Nova/Mac drama, where Mac accuses Nova of being teammates with Sloonei, Sloonei says this. And it looks like something a teammate would totally do.
I GET this read but I just cannot fathom Sloonei being mafia. I think I could be talked into Nova (although not just because he won’t get off Mac’s ass - we’ve all been super wrong before with needless civ on civ violence ), but I just can’t with Sloonei

Linki
Could be talked into voting Nova.
Nova is reddish.
Mongoose wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:54 am
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:50 am
Is that so? This is the first time I'm hearing of it.
You’re not wrong. (Nothing big yet)

I’ll be around as much as I can today but honestly I need a break right now after that gauntlet of a catch up
Backs down immediately on being challenged.
Mongoose wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:19 pm

Did you reply to the wrong post?
A little helpful correction among friends here.
Mongoose wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:33 pm
Man, that was a weird ping. Whether you have lost or not seems super based in fact (and not alignment indicative).
Soft support for Nova's case against me.
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:51 am I really think Mac could be onto something. Nova's got the reddest hue in my rainbow.
The reddest hue.

So what do we make of the fact that Mongoose has steadily read Nova as worse and worse throughout the entire game, starting from civilian to "the reddest hue"? Personally, I don't see any explanation of this development apart from "I think Mac is onto something." SO in summary, yes, I do think they are compatible teammates, with Mongoose trying to throw a little (but not too much) shade on Nova as a cover.
Or setting herself up to vote me up as the last needed mislynch, like someone I know that has been pinged through 317 posts by "Hi! My name is Nova and I'm tired of losing".
You saying that didn't ping me (if you were talking about me; I am not entirely sure you were but wanted to clarify the record).
That someone is Llama, you're the subject of the part of the sentence.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

juliets wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:43 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:20 pm Also, juliets come back and answer my question from forever ago. Who are your two picks for the mafia right now?
I'm waiting to hear from Mongoose on the questions I asked her, especially about the post that looks like it could be a slip, but I would say I suspect you and her more than I suspect her and nova. It just seemed like you were in concert with each other at various times in the game. I really need to hear from her though to tell you how solid I am on that read of you two. I need all the puzzle pieces I can get.

On the other hand, I'm still a little bothered about why I didn't die (the tinfoil part of me). If you (or anyone) was bad why take out Luna over me? She isn't participating much and her power was obviously gone. Did she die because of her reads? Is it because I seemed pliant and she didn't seem like someone you could talk into suspecting someone else? Can anyone tell me why they think she got the axe and not me? Another question along this line: why are sloonei and nova still alive? I hate asking these questions but paranoia over the NK is killing me. Maybe I just need sleep.
Can someone do me a solid and please help me find the post Juliets is referencing?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:32 pm
Mongoose wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:27 pm
We have talked plenty.
Well I'm still catching up - 5 pages to go. I gotta do this in chronological order or it will be an unmitigated disaster.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

juliets wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:52 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:45 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:43 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:20 pm Also, juliets come back and answer my question from forever ago. Who are your two picks for the mafia right now?
I'm waiting to hear from Mongoose on the questions I asked her, especially about the post that looks like it could be a slip, but I would say I suspect you and her more than I suspect her and nova. It just seemed like you were in concert with each other at various times in the game. I really need to hear from her though to tell you how solid I am on that read of you two. I need all the puzzle pieces I can get.

On the other hand, I'm still a little bothered about why I didn't die (the tinfoil part of me). If you (or anyone) was bad why take out Luna over me? She isn't participating much and her power was obviously gone. Did she die because of her reads? Is it because I seemed pliant and she didn't seem like someone you could talk into suspecting someone else? Can anyone tell me why they think she got the axe and not me? Another question along this line: why are sloonei and nova still alive? I hate asking these questions but paranoia over the NK is killing me. Maybe I just need sleep.
Maybe they killed luna so you'd start asking yourself these questions.
I guess it seems like to me everyone who's not mafia should have the question in their mind "why Luna?" They picked her for a reason, else why not take out the civ who is trying to help solve the game.
Killing luna on Night 2 is frankly so predictable that I am dumbfounded that folks think a Mongoose/Llama team would consider something so basic.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:02 pm Mid-Day 2 rainbow
Lunalee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:32 pm juliets
thellama73
MacDougall

Mongoose
novaselinenever
Sloonei

ColinIsCool
Night 2 posts:
Lunalee wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:53 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:52 pm I'm having trouble processing the last couple of pages
I think you're having trouble processing that your scum team has been outed and will be lynched in short order.
(I would be implicated in this with nova)
Lunalee wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:22 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:15 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:11 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:06 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:53 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:52 pm I'm having trouble processing the last couple of pages
I think you're having trouble processing that your scum team has been outed and will be lynched in short order.
I'm quoting this again 'cause I'm slightly tilted by it lol.

Do you actually believe this? Do you think a mafia member would have a problem with going with a plan that's getting them a mislynch either way, and in that off chance the double-voter gets confirmed they can just kill them at night (no protectors)?

Did you not read up the thread when I showed up and advocated for a tie 'cause I believed your claim and wanted you to have a 100% chance of surviving instead of 50%?
I said it thinking it was funny. And I see you didn't not see it that way. My apologies. Did you really firmly believe both Colin and I were town? That's seems like a difficult claim to make.

Right now my scum POE is narrowed down to: Sloonei, llama, and you, so I'm not saying you're confirmed scum, but I can't clear you.
Why is Mac removed from your POE?
because right now he looks town.
She didn't leave us with much. Colin was her primary focus yesterday. nova and i seemed to be her primary suspects (following Mac's case at the time), with Mac as a solid town read. Mongoose was orange in her earlier rainbow and llama was green.
Even Luna, who was town as a clown, thought something was up with Supercat Nova.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:05 pm Speaking of mongoose and POE, I'm still waiting to hear back on this one:
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:22 am
I’m on board.
With what, exactly?
juliets
Lunalee

thellama73
MacDougall
Mongoose

novaselinenever
Sloonei

The mafia team according to mongoose?
[mention]Sloonei[/mention]
Yes. Although I thought it was Luna and Nova (until obviously I was proven wrong about half that).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:06 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:03 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm Mongoose flipped with you in her PoE, I believe.
Her POE was nova, sloonei, llama.

Mine has been less sure but I've been pursuing llama and Mongoose during the night phase.
Yeah that's what I mean with the Mongoose > Sloonei flip, 'cause I've figured yours has been Llama/Me/Mongoose. The people who said you were going to re-read today.
Sloonei was never a Person of Interest to me. I thought the Day 2 shenanigans were weird as hell, and it took me a while to parse that out, but I didn't go the Mac Route (although I will admit it did put a reasonable doubt in my brain before I reminded myself that that was silly).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:11 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:47 pm
Yes. Go read my ISO of Nova's interactions with Mongoose.
I did. It's good.
Ugh, not you too.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”