Dogs vs. Cats [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is the feline who is posing as a dog, anyway?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:35 pm

Fayt
17%
Michelle
No votes
novaselinenever
8%
CatDog (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
75%

Total votes: 12
Fayt
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 106

Re: Dogs vs. Cats [Day 2]

Post by Fayt »

sprityo wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:36 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:35 pm
sprityo wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:34 pm i guess ill vote drago and see if jay wants to break the tie :shrug:
That’s a preferable counterwagon. :beer:

I’m still content to keep my vote right on you, mister.
fair enough but i doubt you'd risk an avoidable mislynch

i dont think tony is gonna show up anytime soon
don't like this so much. "an avoidable mislynch" implies that you would know JJJ is town despite asking earlier if you should vote JJJ or not. hmm. Unless I'm interpreting this wrong.

The other posts aren't that great either. Do you find Drago scummy? Or is this just a bait for JJJ.

I end up becoming unsure of LC so I did a no vote as a placement before I can look more on my lunch break.

[VOTE: Sprityo] aubergine
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 257
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

...5 minutes
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 210

Post by MacDougall »

Dang
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If Sprityo is a villager and got mislynched again y'all gonna make me feel sorry for him.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Large Dogs Not Allowed In This Game

Labrador (spityo) was lynched.

Night 2 Begins!
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: Polls

Day 2

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: Dogs vs. Cats [Night 2]

People, I made a spectator chat. If youre not a player in this game and would like to join, PM me so I'll send you the link.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: Dogs vs. Cats [Day 3]

American Shorthair (speedchuck) and Wire Fox Terrier (TonyStarkPrime) were killed.

Day 3 Begins!
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 500
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Nice shot, whoever. :biggrin: That'll open us up very nicely to just finish this thing. There can be no bussing or similar nonsense to confuse matters with speedchuck now.

The TSP kill has done learned me a thing about civilian play that I may carry into future games, and I'm excited.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm going to start my interactive reviews outside my dog core (Epignosis, Dom, Long Con) to ensure I can make the most of limited time this evening. I'll probably get to everyone though.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 107
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Wow, that was unexpected and awesome. RIP TSP and sprityo.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Voting Jay and never unvoting .
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions: speedchuck and Dragomir

speedchuck

speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:02 am
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:57 pm Dragon D. Luffy can you explain to me how you're gonna have Scar in the poll but not Simba? The disrespect smh.

Tell me who voiced adult Simba off the top of your head. :disappoint:

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:09 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:07 pm Jay is town. Don't try lynch him.

Tell me more Dragomir. Tell me more. :nicenod:

Ew.

These are extracted from a slightly larger Day 0 post. There's irrelevant banter, and there's an implicitly defensive "Ew" when I ask Dragomir to expand on his read of me. Eh.

speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:57 pm What would happen if we did in fact try to lynch JJJ, Dragomir? :dark:

speedchuck prods likewise with a question that Dragomir can't answer anyway (regardless of alignment), so it's pointless.

speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:47 pm
Dragomir wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:09 pm Low-key wanna scum read Jay for being tryhard just cause it'd be funny.

That's a turnaround.

By this point, Dragomir was taking a lot of flak. He made a joke here about reading me as mafia for a reason he'd find funny, and speedchuck leaped aboard the negativity train. It has an opportunistic smell which reflects decently upon Dragomir.

speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:48 pm I read further and whoa Drago is SDing and it's only D0

speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:53 pm Oh wait it's D1.

Drago's obstinate refusal to explain his reads is baffling. For those who've seen normal scum drago, is he always really, really obvscum or is he just lolcatting right now?

linki: self-destructing and oh hey there's a post

I think posts like this can be quite insightful here, so I'd really like to know what others think. My immediate inclination is to say that speedchuck was dabbling in a smear here to promote the bad press for Dragomir without having to fully commit himself to what'd end up a mislynch.

speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:55 pm
Dragomir wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:52 pm So here is why Jay is bad. First, these quick and fast reads he's throwing with cat and dog reads feel like an attempt to generate early town cred by coming in hot and strong with all that. The downside with this is that there's no expansion afterward from all that. There's a little reason given to the good Nutella read by I'm not really focused on that one. What I am focused on are the scum reads. They're thrown in there and that's about it. The Mac wolf read came and gone just like that, making it feel like there wasn't any actual thought process into it in the first place and the Turnip vote doesn't even look real. It just got placed in there.

Now my second reason against Jay is with how he's tackling me. He puts me rock bottom in his rainbow with a bright red like I'm strong read but my conversation with him didn't reflect that for me. It feels like he's still trying to decide on how to read me. That doesn't match up with my rainbow placement. The entire feel that I'm getting about him is that he's not wanting to drive. He wants to sit in the back and let someone else drive while he takes a few jabs here and there. Does that make sense?

I like the idea here. I disagree, but I like it.

The tune changes at a moment when it changed for a few people on Dragomir -- when he expanded on his early suspicion of me. speedchuck did react first to this though, which makes me temper any credit here.

speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:59 pm
Dragomir wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:58 pm I really don't understand how my trolling was scummy. I just don't. I don't think I ever will.

Scumminess is in the eye of the beholder.

k

speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:56 pm Can drago and Rej both be bad?

This question was tossed into the wind, and interpretations can drift into WIFOM (i.e. did speedchuck name both teammates here?). At the least, it does nothing to dissuade any wagon on Dragomir, and it can do something to promote it. The same can be said of Rej. I'll give Dragomir a sliver of credit here.

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:39 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:08 am
nutella wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:54 pm
Dragomir wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:48 pm I like this. People scum reading me. More of what I'm used to.

...??????

What's so confusing?

Only game I've seen you in you were a ubiquitous townread. Do you usually get scumread? Where? (perdon if this was already asked)

Softball.

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:20 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:07 am speedchuck, why Rej?

Because not Dragomir. Dragomir's current play feels scummy, but doesn't make much sense as scumplay on further reflection.

I buy Dragomir's response to pressure better than Rej's. Rej has been on edge since the first time he was prodded.

Rej wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:07 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:35 am @Rej what is your absolute favorite thing ever about sprityo in this here game thread?

Gimme a break I cant ISO posts on mobile, can I?

Felt like a disproportionate reaction, hardly worth noting at the time. But it's escalated to the point that he has a vote on you, and that read doesn't seem genuine. He's banking all of his analysis on the one Persona game, which is fallacious as heck. "JJJ isn't doing things exactly like he did in P5" is not a case, it's a justification.

This post is a tasty Scooby Snack. When presented with wagons on Dragomir and Rej, speedchuck opted for the vote on his teammate. Was he choosing between both teammates here? We know Rej's role was generally weaker than the other two cats (though it could have prevented the vig shot XD ), so it's plausible at face value.

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:01 pm LC, nutella, Sprit, TSP, Dragomir, and Michelle. JJJ can be subbed in for either of the last two if I'm wrong about the reliability of character calls.

Oh no is it a salad

JaggedJimmyJay It's your favorite, POE! Come get it, boy. *whistles*

Shame on all of us for not digging at this near-salad. There's basically a "maybe" stuck in it! :goofp:

Dragomir is crammed into a POE of 6-7. sprityo and TSP were as well (both dogs); I'm a dog -- there's a good chance the teammate is contained among the remainder. This is again WIFOM though and doesn't specifically implicate Dragomir over some other option, so meh.

~~~

Dragomir

Dragomir wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:09 am
Fayt wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:33 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:37 pm Tom & Jerry is the fucking best. Dogs > cats though.

Jerry carries the show.

Wrong but good.

Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:57 pm @Dragon D. Luffy can you explain to me how you're gonna have Scar in the poll but not Simba? The disrespect smh.

Tell me who voiced adult Simba off the top of your head. :disappoint:

MacDougall wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:32 pmFuck scar

Furry, but good.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:09 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:07 pm Jay is town. Don't try lynch him.

Tell me more Dragomir. Tell me more. :nicenod:

Ew.

Donald Glover.

Irrelevant response to the early speedchuck chatter. Fart.

Dragomir wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:48 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:57 pm What would happen if we did in fact try to lynch JJJ, Dragomir? :dark:

I'd try to see if I agree if with or not.

This kind of looks like a guy answering a question that as far as he knows is a real question, which is a good thing. It's a small post and a small point.

Dragomir wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:57 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:53 pm Oh wait it's D1.

Drago's obstinate refusal to explain his reads is baffling. For those who've seen normal scum drago, is he always really, really obvscum or is he just lolcatting right now?

linki: self-destructing and oh hey there's a post

I'll tell you it right now so you don't have to wait. It's none of those 2.

Similar feel here, tbh. I'll leave y'all to judge.

Dragomir wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:24 am
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:39 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:08 am
nutella wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:54 pm
Dragomir wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:48 pm I like this. People scum reading me. More of what I'm used to.

...??????

What's so confusing?

Only game I've seen you in you were a ubiquitous townread. Do you usually get scumread? Where? (perdon if this was already asked)

On my home forum, I generally get scum read early in the game.

This one means nothing to me.

~~~

Conclusion: There's nothing conclusive here that makes me feel great. It's not a bad review for Dragomir. With a POE of 5 available at present (given ordinary nights), he's likely a fringe candidate to be a cat.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:45 pm Voting Jay and never unvoting .
There is an absolutely obvious indicator available to you right now that I am a civilian, particularly given your perspective that I am all about optimization. I want you to consider this for a moment and then tell me what you think I am talking about.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Dragomir »

Why was Sprityo lynched?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions: speedchuck and Fayt

speedchuck

Fayt wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:33 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:37 pm Tom & Jerry is the fucking best. Dogs > cats though.
Jerry carries the show.
Wrong but good.

speedchuck made a few early comments like this where he was handing out actual stances based on irrelevant Day 0 banter. So here's a "good" one for Fayt. Whatever.

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:46 pm I don't want to lynch Fayt. Their posts imply a great degree of unfamiliarity with this whole mess. Is there something there to scumread aside from discomfort and waffling?

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:58 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:57 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:46 pm I don't want to lynch Fayt. Their posts imply a great degree of unfamiliarity with this whole mess. Is there something there to scumread aside from discomfort and waffling?

Is the discomfort and waffling something to scumread there?

Sure, if yer a nob.

Someone new to the forum is going to be unsure and discomforted.

Only three posts from speedchuck refer directly to Fayt, and these are the other two. They're defensive of them based newness and unfamiliarity. The highlighted bit looks a bit ugly to me. I'm not awarding credit.

~~~

Fayt

Nothing.

~~~

Conclusion: I have no reason to say Fayt is not a cat based on this.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragomir wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:04 pm Why was Sprityo lynched?
I can't speak for everyone. Me: I thought he looked compatible with Rej, and when he offered a brief spurt of activity yesterday he did nothing with it other than create a three-way voting tie. He was a dog, oh well.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Note: I highlighted the wrong thing in that last bit of the Fayt review. nova's post featured the same words in a question; consider the highlight on speedchuck's version of those words.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 215
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

JJJ is a fast worker. It would take me much more time to write that post he wrote for interaction between flipped cat and Dragomir. I am envious tbh.

I was sleeping at Eod and now i woke up accidentaly (the open window made me feel the autumn's cold). When i saw in the morning the flip i was very upset because the mislynch was atrocious.
I need to say 'grats to the vig who hit my favourite breed of cats (it's beautiful you have to admit).
Judging from the votes is hard for me to accept that the lynching wagon of yesterday was an action pure civilian so i will consider in my Poe the voters from that wagon and try to figure who's the bad guy there.
Reading Dragomir posts and his unique tunnels i strongly doubt he is mafia in this game.
Mafia needs a larger Poe to have possible milsynches and Drago has a small Poe.
Long Con, if cat, again it gives me pause by lack of agenda. I mean i suspected him but now i feel like a Jackass (https://images.app.goo.gl/puTid5DhyCXuzHrz8)
See you in the morning.
Woof!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 215
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

JJJ you sure are a fast typer.

I am curious how many cats you'll find until my morning. I am for sure cat in your eyes because this time i have zero interactions with the flipped mafia hence there should be distancing.
No more case for me, here you have it.
*Swags tail
woof!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 273

Post by novaselinenever »

[VOTE: Dom] aubergine
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 273

Post by novaselinenever »

Dragomir wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:04 pm Why was Sprityo lynched?
He looked fake to me in his carefree attitude lol. Especially how it kind of included game content, like it wasn't just fluff
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions: speedchuck and MacDougall

MacDougall

MacDougall wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:32 pmFuck scar
Furry, but good.

Same deal as the previous review, whatever.

speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:55 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:33 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:24 pm
Dragomir wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:18 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:20 pm Agreed with concern about Rej take. Potential TMI on Dragomir.
Why? What about it strikes as TMI?
I'll answer for him. Firstly, you have been actually pretty scummy. So for Rej to defend you is TMI. Rej has no reason to feel like you have been civvy enough to question the people casing him.

Rej is taking the opportunity to gain your trust by dismissing the case as incredulous, which is invariably how you would feel as a civ. In the event of a civilian flip of you he is distanced from the case making of a bad lynch, which is where people first look for wolves (even though it's usually never that simple).

Now, onto Fayt, who we have common ground on.
This post smells like a litter box. Paints quite a big picture of events. "Actually pretty scummy"? Mac is purring like a devil
IDK Mac always comes off overtly scummy to me.

I like you tho dawg

Pretty useless take here, and vaguely defensive via yes Mac seems scummy to me, but he always does so I dunno. Not awarding credit.

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:16 pm Mac seems town to me today. He just comes off scummy because of his sparkling personality.

Similar deal, though this time he provides an overt town read. It may veer in the direction of TMI.

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:23 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:39 am I'm not interested in a Mac lynch, to be clear to the viewers at home.
I'm not at home and this could not be more muddled.
speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:33 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:30 am Mac's suspicion of me is authentic. nutella's is Great Value brand Mac suspicion of me.
Just as delicious but not made in Australia?

Indirectly relevant, whatever.

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:46 am This whole nightkill analysis based on character, devotion to the site and out-of-game closeness to TH is kinda angleshooty.

I know I can't condemn it, as I got caught up in it and the Mac/JJJ go has changed my perception a great deal, but I thought I'd put that out there.

Vague. Fake-solving. Don't really care.

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:53 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:48 am
speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:46 am This whole nightkill analysis based on character, devotion to the site and out-of-game closeness to TH is kinda angleshooty.

I know I can't condemn it, as I got caught up in it and the Mac/JJJ go has changed my perception a great deal, but I thought I'd put that out there.
Water them changes of perception, sonny?
Mac is town.

JJJ is lower on my townlist, and only not at the bottom because I've never actually seen this kind of angleshooting not be true. It's a scummy practice, town or mafia, but it usually works and is reliable.

It's not about emotional manipulation, as I mentioned in Phenon: Origins. It's a different kind of pragmatic and cold, one that you'd apparently stake honor on.

I welcome examples or corrections. I feel JJJ as scum, but as Mac called Epi earlier, I'm a sucker for character calls.

Town read sustained after Mac's kerfuffle with me.

~~~

MacDougall

MacDougall wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:54 pm Speedchuck I guess but only because it's Speedchuck.

And aside from that nobody. I've not been super observant.

The "This guy is scummy, but only because I always think he's scummy" trend holds here in the opposite direction.

Mac never revisited speedchuck in a substantive way after this point.

~~~

Conclusion: Most of this is nothing to me, but I don't like Mac's side of the equation. He looks worse than before.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Michelle wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:15 pm JJJ you sure are a fast typer.

I am curious how many cats you'll find until my morning. I am for sure cat in your eyes because this time i have zero interactions with the flipped mafia hence there should be distancing.
No more case for me, here you have it.
*Swags tail
woof!
I have done these kinds of reviews a thousand times at this point and have a pretty reliable process that gets me through them quickly. Maybe someday I'll share, though I'm not sure anyone cares (understandably). :smile:

I'll see how I feel about Michelle when I get there.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

One thing I see a lot of already with speedchuck is waffly b/s reads that cover a lot of ground. He was prepared for my notification onslaught. :goofp:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:16 pm [VOTE: Dom] aubergine
Do you think Dom kills Turnip Head?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

So I've iso'ed Speed and most of his posts were about Jay. I'm trying to make of what their interaction is and it's kinda hard. Though, I'll say this. That conversation about speed calling Jay's "tell me more" post "ew" feels like a bunch of horseshit to me. Got all kinds of fakey fakey shit in it.

Mac is town.

JJJ is lower on my townlist, and only not at the bottom because I've never actually seen this kind of angleshooting not be true. It's a scummy practice, town or mafia, but it usually works and is reliable.

It's not about emotional manipulation, as I mentioned in Phenon: Origins. It's a different kind of pragmatic and cold, one that you'd apparently stake honor on.

I welcome examples or corrections. I feel JJJ as scum, but as Mac called Epi earlier, I'm a sucker for character calls.
[/quote]
There's also this post, speed is wishy washy as hell on how to read Jay. He's hesitating on town reading him but also scum reading him, thus he's at the bottom of the town list. Bad look for Jay imo.

There's something else I got. Speed interacted with Jay A LOT. 90% of his posts were about him. There was barely any of that much content with him and Rej and they were buddies. Make of this what you will. I don't know how speed usually interacts with his buddies.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

That quote got botched to hell. Hope it's still understandable.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Michelle wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:10 pm JJJ is a fast worker. It would take me much more time to write that post he wrote for interaction between flipped cat and Dragomir. I am envious tbh.

I was sleeping at Eod and now i woke up accidentaly (the open window made me feel the autumn's cold). When i saw in the morning the flip i was very upset because the mislynch was atrocious.
I need to say 'grats to the vig who hit my favourite breed of cats (it's beautiful you have to admit).
Judging from the votes is hard for me to accept that the lynching wagon of yesterday was an action pure civilian so i will consider in my Poe the voters from that wagon and try to figure who's the bad guy there.
Reading Dragomir posts and his unique tunnels i strongly doubt he is mafia in this game.
Mafia needs a larger Poe to have possible milsynches and Drago has a small Poe.
Long Con, if cat, again it gives me pause by lack of agenda. I mean i suspected him but now i feel like a Jackass (https://images.app.goo.gl/puTid5DhyCXuzHrz8)
See you in the morning.
Woof!
What's up with the woof?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Nice!!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

I'm gone for like, the rest of the day now. Got too much shit to do. Peace.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions: speedchuck and Michelle

speedchuck

speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:58 am
Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:45 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:40 am
Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:38 am
speedchuck wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:40 pm Scar is the best because he's got Irons
cat-tales detected
What more can you tell me about this here thing? :smile:
cats are talking about cats. afaik Scar the lion is just an oversized cat ^^
i will keep my eyes on speedchuck
That's cool. I collect eyes.

Day 0 banter here, though Michelle does voice suspicion of some kind in there (highlighted). I don't care about this much in isolation. Continued

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:18 pm
Michelle wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:51 pm Also about Rej, he pinged me to see me posting. This is not a scum behaviour and that post, the first i've read, sounded okay. Not a Rej scum read yet either. Ftr anytime i was villager i could read him and he knows it. Scum Rej would not @ me.
Do you have a past with Rej or is this just commenting on general scum behavior, with Rej trying to further conversation instead of letting you stay quiet?

speedchuck prods into Michelle's defense of his teammate with a pointless softball question. Part of me feels he was trying to set the table a bit to make her look like a dope when Rej flipped cat.

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:01 pm LC, nutella, Sprit, TSP, Dragomir, and Michelle. JJJ can be subbed in for either of the last two if I'm wrong about the reliability of character calls.

Oh no is it a salad

Michelle is featured in the six-player POE. Sure, whatever.

~~~

Michelle

Michelle wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:14 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:18 pm
Michelle wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:51 pm Also about Rej, he pinged me to see me posting. This is not a scum behaviour and that post, the first i've read, sounded okay. Not a Rej scum read yet either. Ftr anytime i was villager i could read him and he knows it. Scum Rej would not @ me.
Do you have a past with Rej or is this just commenting on general scum behavior, with Rej trying to further conversation instead of letting you stay quiet?
yes. we played few games on my homesite and his homesite. He is a very intuitive and good reader when he's villager. This is not pocketing i saw him as host and i was impressed

Her response to the above. It's exactly what it ought to be, which means little to me.

~~~

Conclusion: There's not much here. I feel vaguely better; I welcome feedback as WIFOM comes into play. She's another fringe suspect.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions: speedchuck and novaselinenever

speedchuck

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:58 pm
Sure, if yer a nob.

Someone new to the forum is going to be unsure and discomforted.

That's it. I appreciate the tone of things here for nova.

~~~

novaselinenever

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:29 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:40 pm Scar is the best because he's got Irons
good

Day 0 soul read went wrong. Don't care.

novaselinenever wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:15 pm
Do you want to?

The latter there is a duplicate, but these fit together as nice little prods into the gritty details of speedchuck's commentary.

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:55 pm How do you feel about Speedchuck after his response to your iso?

nova asked me this after I shared some Day 1 gripes with speedchuck. He's keeping the matter above-ground. I think his approach so far in this review looks authentic.

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:53 pm Speedchuck's someone who I've also been mulling over. His Drago stuff is also in the same veins as Dom, he was shadowing people there and the progression of off him was a little too easy. Also I'm not sure how he ended up on Rej. There was no real conviction behind it or a push at all

Werd.

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:29 am
Dom wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:05 am
Because not Dragomir. Dragomir's current play feels scummy, but doesn't make much sense as scumplay on further reflection.

I buy Dragomir's response to pressure better than Rej's. Rej has been on edge since the first time he was prodded.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:35 am @Rej what is your absolute favorite thing ever about sprityo in this here game thread?
Felt like a disproportionate reaction, hardly worth noting at the time. But it's escalated to the point that he has a vote on you, and that read doesn't seem genuine. He's banking all of his analysis on the one Persona game, which is fallacious as heck. "JJJ isn't doing things exactly like he did in P5" is not a case, it's a justification.
Speedchucks evolution seems well marked here. In fact, he never really jumps on the drago train very hard. Nova, I'm not sure your analysis is fully there.
I don't really like the "current play feels scummy", and how he further reflected on it apparently but it doesn't make sense. Like why doesn't it make sense for him? And where's that reflection at.

I don't mind that his initial take on Rej's thing here, but he seemed to soften up when Jay gave him some more insight on the Persona game and how it was the only game the two player together. It made me think that he didn't really buy his own stuff, and he just pulled Persona out of nowhere.

Dom took speedchuck's side for a moment and nova reinforced his concerns. Continued

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:43 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:02 pm [VOTE: nutella] aubergine
Why?

Standard-issue prod. Sure.

~~~

Conclusion: I think this works in nova's favor. I'd be surprised if he's a cat.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions: speedchuck and nutella

speedchuck

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:33 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:30 am Mac's suspicion of me is authentic. nutella's is Great Value brand Mac suspicion of me.
Just as delicious but not made in Australia?

speed's first acknowledgement of nutella's existence took a while, and it was a joke after I was giving her shit. Okay.

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:44 am
nutella wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:43 am
speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:37 am Whew, caught up
And yet I have no idea where you stand on any of it
Silly me, I thought you were psychic.

Another joke after nutella gives him shit. :smile:

Oh no is it a salad

POE pile. Whatever.

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:02 pm [VOTE: nutella] aubergine

I don't remember seeing anything before this vote from speedchuck that projected its arrival. It just appears. He left it here too, alongside Mac (who'd thrown down the vote not that long before). Given my own suspicion of nutella, this looks opportunistic. Good for her.

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:04 pm
"Fair", sure.

"Hypocritical as hell," also sure.

His explanation came soon after here. It's generic "you're a hypocrite" stuff, which wasn't even true about nutella in this case. He reached for a justification and found this. Nah.

~~~

nutella

nutella wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:31 pm Speed is fine. Drago not so much.

Nova is already MVP. Mindmelds all over the place.

Michelle, TH, and rej fine. Jay, LC, Mac, Dom, fayt need more data. Did I miss anyone

Day 0 soul read went wrong. Don't care.

nutella wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:34 pm Oh yeah, Speed and LC exist. Let's move off these stale wagons and lynch one of them instead. :D

I'm inclined to sheep Epi re: speed, and I haven't seen anything that made me feel anything positive about him.

[VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine

This speaks to me. The best thing going for nutella in this game, uniquely from my perspective, is how closely her hunt trajectories have paralleled my own (and without being generic copies). This is loud example. Both of us felt as though the Rej and Dragomir wagons were stale and looked for alternatives. We both ended up on Long Con, but she also flirted with the speedchuck option as seen here. If I ask myself "Do I think nutella would have been just as content to murder speedchuck as she was to murder LC at EOD?", my answer is yes. Good for her.

nutella wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:45 pm Lol I said at some point that speed was fine and looking at his iso now i cannot fathom why I had that thought

Soul reads are made to become egg on our faces. :smile:

nutella wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:27 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:47 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:44 am
Fair
'Caught up' is usually a promise of contribution. Shake the ants out of your pants, both of you.
I prefer the real-time reactions during catch up as I did last night. You should try it. :grin:

An extension of an earlier portion. I think she looks authentic.

nutella wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:59 pm Fwiw my PoE is Dom, Jay, LC, Speed, Sprit. Everyone else is fine in my view.

I don't think this world view looks fake.

~~~

Conclusion: I think nutella looks good emerging from this. One can wonder about deliberate distancing, but I think that kind of thing is more applicable in the development of lynches -- speedchuck was shot. There's less inherent urgency to prepare for that. I doubt she's a cat.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 54

Post by speedchuck »

JJJ's mass notifications incoming.

Good game.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions: speedchuck and Dom

speedchuck

Nothing.

~~~

Dom

Dom wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:01 am
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:53 pm Speedchuck's someone who I've also been mulling over. His Drago stuff is also in the same veins as Dom, he was shadowing people there and the progression of off him was a little too easy. Also I'm not sure how he ended up on Rej. There was no real conviction behind it or a push at all
Speedcheck is someone I was suspecting in a different game and I tend to get confused when I start two gays at the same time. I need to look back at this game and see if any wires crossed, etc.
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:55 pm
Dom wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:29 pm I have no reason to not suspect Dragomir as a result of the rej lynch. Don't see why that's nuts.
What's your take on his bold defense of Rej, and the latter's handling of him?
I think it's compatible with teammates.

Dom expressed some confusion between two games of speedchuck, which I don't have a problem with. He projects an investigation.

Dom wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:05 am

Speedchucks evolution seems well marked here. In fact, he never really jumps on the drago train very hard. Nova, I'm not sure your analysis is fully there.

The investigation produces thing. Dom was defensive of speedchuck. At face value that raises questions, but when I follow the progression I am not sure it's such a bad thing. What he says about speedchuck's voting is true, and I can understand a civilian arriving at this conclusion on the basis of that vote. I won't award credit here, but I'm not inclined to dock points either.

~~~

Conclusion: There's not much to talk about. speedchuck's silence doesn't bother me for Dom -- I'd actually expect speedchuck to engage his active teammate in some way. Dom's only content is inconclusive. The interaction itself doesn't move the needle on Dom much for me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

First indication that you've been eliminated as a mafioso:

A) Reading original host post for an updated list
B) Checking the end of phase post
C) Receiving a PM from the host
D) Logging in and seeing 90 JJJ notifications

XD

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions: speedchuck and Epignosis

speedchuck

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:03 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:47 pm Facts:

JJJ gave Rej a bunch of shit. Did not vote there.
JJJ voted LC, whom he called good that same Day.

What else am I supposed to do with this?
JJJ also ungave Rej shit?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:27 am
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:20 amHe's banking all of his analysis on the one Persona game, which is fallacious as heck. "JJJ isn't doing things exactly like he did in P5" is not a case, it's a justification.
I agree that it's fallacious, though that's something I am thinking about. Rej has only played one game with me, and it was that one. So it makes some sense that he'd be inclined to assess me on that basis.
Here he takes a Rej read I considered disingeneous and thought to give some validity to it. It's not all black and white. Never is. But I don't know if this makes JJJ look better or worse, given the subject. Just a little more consistent.

I'd look up other games where Jay ended up on a random wagon instead of the one he'd been dogging most of the day, but once again, meta is crap.

speedchuck stepped in front of Epi's suspicion of me and played defender -- this feels like two-way TMI. There was a real chance I would be lynched D2, and speedchuck set the conditions to move against Epignosis after my dog flip.

~~~

Epignosis

Epignosis wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:07 am Dom- Good
Dragomir- Bad
Fayt - No opinion
JJJ- Fine :rolleyes:
Long Con - No opinion
Mac - Good
Michelle - Good
nova - Good
nutella - Good
Rej - I'm going to have to revisit this one.
speedchuck - Conflicting views here. Having met speedchuck in person has made me reevaluate how I consider his posts. I have to think on him too.
sprityo - Who?
TSP - No opinion
Turnip Head - Bad

That's where I am.

Do dogs drink beer? I don't know. Never had one. I'm drinking lots of beer. I had a cat once that drank beer. I'm not making that up. Tunces loved Killian's.

Epi projects a future read on speedchuck after thinking about it. Fine.

Epignosis wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:34 am
speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:56 pm Can drago and Rej both be bad?
Three votes on Dragomir. Three votes on Rej.

You are asking this question but you aren't voting for either one. Bad.

And it arrives, in the correct form. I think the accusation is incisive in a typically Epignosian way and looks like a real thought.

Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:55 pm
I have a suspicion of speedchuck also.

Cool beans.

~~~

Conclusion: I think Epignosis looks fine.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 54

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:11 pm First indication that you've been eliminated as a mafioso:

A) Reading original host post for an updated list
B) Checking the end of phase post
C) Receiving a PM from the host
D) Logging in and seeing 90 JJJ notifications

XD
(Notifications: 7)
PM
JJJ has...
JJJ has...
JJJ has...
JJJ has...
JJJ has...
JJJ has...

Well crap.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions: speedchuck and Long Con

speedchuck

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:02 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:58 am

Also, I've been on teams where I just don't give input to the kill, due to not being around, or not wanting my own personal stuff to influence game decisions for my team.
Same.

speedchuck backs up LC to dissuade the dialogue that he felt was angleshooting. Again it took him a while to acknowledge LC's existence. I don't do much with this.

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:08 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:06 pm

Oh no is it a salad

@JaggedJimmyJay It's your favorite, POE! Come get it, boy. *whistles*
I'm surprised to see the ways people get themselves to believe that the Day 1 lynch incriminates me rather than the opposite. I thought I'd be more at risk of a nightkill after that, not a lynch.
Anti-alignment becomes distancing and not voting for the scum wagon, according to JJJ, is considered a boon, because WIFOM.

Nothing is safe.

I'm not sure what speedchuck means here, but he's talking to LC so okay. He's trying to explain to LC why people suspect him despite the development of the Day 1 wagons. I am not sure this kind of dialogue is as likely to be in the game thread as BTSC if they're teammates. WIFOM, blah blah.

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:00 pm Long con suggested a cop check on him? Where?

About to be a gotcha moment?

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:03 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:01 pm Yeah, she was on me before switching off silently at some point in the last hour or two.

That was certainly not role-fishing. I don't see how it couold be. No one can give role indications at all, by the rules... and even if they could, I would not expect a rolechecker to just admit it.

The fact that one of the two baddies left tricks rolecheckers is something I wasn't thinking about. Originally, the post was going to be just A and B, and before I posted I thought, "Are there other options I could list?" It was a spontaneous addition, foolish in retrospect.
Seems pretty non-indicative of alignment because of that to me. Probably why two people are getting different reads over it.

Not quite. It's a nothingburger. There's a sense here that speedchuck is trying to get an ally out of LC, I think, which would be a nice look.

~~~

Long Con

Nothing direct not already addressed.

~~~

Conclusion: My instinct here is that it's good for Long Con, though I grant there's some presupposition at play. I'd feel better if Long Con had done something more with speedchuck himself. Mixed bag.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The POE number for today is 4. We have 10 players alive, so it's 9 vs. 1. It takes three mislynches to arrive at a 3 vs. 1 MyLo, and there is one cat alive. 3 + 1 = 4. As always, extra kills or failed kills along the way can change the dynamic, so be attentive moving forward.

My four player POE based upon all accumulated game data to this point (my perspectives at face value, Rej interactions, and speedchuck interactions):

MacDougall
Michelle
Dragomir
Fayt

That is in order (least to most suspected). I still think Fayt is the pick today. I recognize that various players have read that slot as a dog based on tone or otherwise, but I ask that you please revisit that. I will share an additional concern I have in a moment.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: Fayt] aubergine

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 110

Post by Dom »

I tried catching up at school, but it did not go well. Here is me catching up, but will be posted at beginning of day...
nutella wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:18 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:01 pm
Dom wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:42 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:22 pm Dom would be my "darkhorse" pick at the moment. While he didn't sound disingenuous, the objective criteria still stands as something he'll have to answer to. He contributed vocally to some of the suspicion of Rej, but his vote never wavered from Dragomir. He wasn't around late in the day; I do think he was here late enough to begin to reconsider his take on Dragomir at least.
:shrug:
MacDougall wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:10 pm Ugh this complicates things
i hate agreeing with you bc reasons :p
but i agree with you

Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:34 pm I will say that my initial instinct coming into this Day 2 was to vote again for Dragomir. I still have grievances there.
I also agree with this.
I'm going to go ahead and just call you a suspect straight up. We don't need "darkhorse". :smile:

I don't like this post.
Hard Agree.
L O fucking L

This has got to be one of the most transparent acts of bullshit I've ever seen. I'd lynch you so hard if it weren't for the TH kill giving me pause.

Question for the group: anyone else find this 2AM catch up immediately after a jay vote somewhat.... opportune?
nutella wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:25 am
Dom wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:29 pm I don't find Jay to be public enemy number one. I find him to be flimsy in his analysis of myself.

I didn't love his Fayt analysis. I get a very different read of Fayt. Maybe I'm new to her, maybe I'm not.

I have no reason to not suspect Dragomir as a result of the rej lynch. Don't see why that's nuts.
do you have reason to suspect dragomir tho
Yo--
i have a great kettle to show you. It's very similar in hue to you.
nutella wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:54 am ...Dom is in your good pile again? Y
....Y does that offend you so much?
Dom wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:50 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:08 am Well you played yourself and your team if you are a townie and really thought that I'd buy that defence Jay.
lol
sprityo wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:11 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:43 pm Never mind I think Nova is probably town too here.

This is just all town on town hate imo. I want new voices. speedchuck sprityo nutella TonyStarkPrime Fayt Michelle Long Con can you please read Epi's Jay hate wall and comment.
now that ive been unjustly lynched again, i can put my full attention here now :workit:
This stinks.
I am sad I was wrong about this stinking tbh.
sprityo wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:04 pm
Dom wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:50 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:08 am Well you played yourself and your team if you are a townie and really thought that I'd buy that defence Jay.
lol
sprityo wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:11 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:43 pm Never mind I think Nova is probably town too here.

This is just all town on town hate imo. I want new voices. speedchuck sprityo nutella TonyStarkPrime Fayt Michelle Long Con can you please read Epi's Jay hate wall and comment.
now that ive been unjustly lynched again, i can put my full attention here now :workit:
This stinks.
you smell like day old aftershave and cheap cologne :meany:
boo u whore

nutella wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:49 pm [VOTE: sprityo] aubergine
L O L
nutella wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:59 pm Fwiw my PoE is Dom, Jay, LC, Speed, Sprit. Everyone else is fine in my view.
yo why do you suspect
LC
Speed
or Sprit?

Because your posts don't really paint a picture. And yet that is your main driving force in suspecting me?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:59 pm @nutella why sprityo
"awkward post" was her answer.

Yikes fam.
Now, nutella is a hard nut to crack. If it weren't for a TH night kill, she'd be public enemy number one as far as I'm concerned.

Does nutella suspect anyone? I'm really unsure about that.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dom, you do this with me every game. Take a step back. I'm not bad. Also the replying while I catch up thing is my standard MO. Your beefs have zero meat.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

That Sprityo wagon was pure shit. Nutella and Jay should be policy lynched for ending on it.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

....that's not a response.

You took issue with me being that flippant.

Have a backbone or don't.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jay, Fayt, Nutella and Nova were the ones who ended up on that shitpile lynch. If one of them isn't fur I'll eat a wheelbarrow of cow manure.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Tbh I just think it's 100% between nutella and Jay.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Me: hey why do you even suspect the people you suspect. you have very few posts and don't really explain it well. it doesn't sit well with me.
Nutella: weak sauce shut up.

note: last time she did this she was a literal cult leader.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Additional concerns with Fayt

One longstanding trend I have observed in these games is that when I fall under heavy suspicion for whatever reason, the mafia team is much more likely to defend me. It is the most basic example of TMI, and it's easy to understand why they do this. Given the extreme effort that I am almost guaranteed to give in any game, my mislynch is by default a considerable civilian loss. This isn't some boastful shit about me being good or whatever, so please block that irritation from your mind if it's there and consider what I am saying. Even if I am total garbage, I still give a huge effort -- that's important.

If I get lynched wrongly, the people who were responsible for that are going to have a lot to answer for. Any mafia team knows that shit. It's obvious. So they often stay the hell away from it. Let me show you just a few examples that come to mind immediately from previous games:

Easter Mafia

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 5:48 pm If I have to I will probably vote for whoever I can to stop JJJ from getting lynched because I like his contributions and if he's town it would be a mclargehuge mistake.
Huge positive-outlook ISO by ColinIsCool
Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:27 am That jjj got 3 votes so easily in the first half of day 1 and still is the leading Potential Rabbit (tm) leads me to believe that it’s too easy.

Especially nova’s vote.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Quin and jjj just got into a semantics despute. Nova’s vote is a thumb getting caught in a drawer
Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 6:21 pm Someone else get on Floyd please. JJJ should not be lynched day 1
Scotty wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:56 pm
Marmot wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:29 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:04 am Wolbre and Jay teammates
Agreed. Marmot's teammates identified.
I can’t get this quote from marmot’s entrance out of my head. I strongly feel like jjj is town this game, so I don’t think Marmot called out his scummates here. But I currently suspect wolbre and wouldn’t be surprised if Marmot threw in one of his teammates in this too. Marmot votes choutas end of day, wolbre voted early before vhoutas even had votes. Coming in from different angles to form an isosceles triangle. I can see it
Scotty wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:31 am What a fucking end of day to miss! Good job boyos and thank god you were all right. JJJ coming in hot with that catch at the end.

There is no way in hell that JJJ is bad after that EoD. Surprisingly, Dys looked the worst after I left and in hindsight, next to Quin. I’ll take a detailed look at Colin interactions tomorrow. Everything he’s said in the past day is complete WIFOM and shouldn’t be taken at face value, or even below the belt value, but before he was the main lynch candidate should be entirely enlightening.

So I guess what I’m saying is: let’s lynch marmot tomorrow k

In this game, both ColinIsCool and Scotty were mafia. I was a civilian and drawing heavy suspicion. They white knighted me. There are numerous more examples of this in that game; I only shared a subset.

Fire Emblem

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:46 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:41 pm The thing I have against Jay is that he reminds me of Mountain Jay, and not in regards to activity. There is something about Jay that is "unpleasant", if I have to describe it.

Like Jay is usually this gentleman that is so easy to deal with. I remember my first game in this site where I would accuse him and people he was civ reading, for silly reasons, and he would use his time to argue with me and listen to my points and constantly reanalyse his own suspicions.

Here, he is more sttuborn. Though I haven't argued with him myself, you can see from the way he is arguing with Epi and White and others that he is not confortable in his arguing. He is resistant to disagreement, and unwilling to let go of his suspicions. The fact he is going after low hanging fruits isn't something I'm very concerned with, but the fact he is so adamant at it when such cases are very weak in nature does. He is setting for easy solutions, and a good scumhunter doesn't accept easy solutions, even if they are willing to go with them from time to time. Like, it's one thing to vote for lapluie and Dr. White, it's another to voice vehement disagreement when people suggest him to abandon them for more juicy cases.

I'm treading dangerous ground here because I've notice Jay is really fatigued in this game, and this is generally non-alignment indicative. He made a post suggesting he shouldn't signed up or been so active, and I support him for that. But I'm trying to figure out if there is an alignment influence in that. Maybe civ Jay would feel less pressure and would be less sttubborn, even if he was pressured for time or mafia fatigued.

So Jay I'm really sorry if you are a civ and I'm being unfair to you, but I need to hunt. :hugs:
I at the very least disagree with the last sentence, knowing Jay I think he certainly feels a lot of pressure as a civ particularly to perform his supertown persona. Not that he doesn't definitely also feel pressure when bad but I think he handles it differently. I see your trepidation though in that I can't really tell what his scumhunting strategy has been so it may be a façade.
nutella wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:59 pm ...see then he goes and makes a completely believable jaypost like that. maybe I'm a sucker for his analytical methods and maybe I'm falling for his deceit but he just... makes sense.

also I don't think I agree with you DDL about the Mountains comparison, he's different here
Quin wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:01 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:41 pm
Dr. White wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:35 pm That's complete and utter bullshit JJJ and you know it. You are clearly being super daft at the original quote, which you have been called out for by others. Saying the interaction between you two is "interesting" is very clear. It was very sus that you would so strongly town read someone THAT EARLY in D1, simply because he gave his own reads that weren't apart of the major town babble. You keep conflating this as if bob had 100 post in Day 1, and 36 hours had passed or something. It was extremely early and on questionable grounds that you gave him such a strong read.

This however does not force the conclusion that both or either of you are scum, which you keep trying to use as a means to sus me for not directly stating such. I am simply making my take on an interaction known. Yes you could be scum buddies, or you could be using him for town cred. I don't know yet, it is something to build upon in later interactions between you two and others in the thread. To quote your system "you lost a point there". Now what you're doing is like someone saying "what do you mean by that JJJ? Why don't you just come out and say I'm scum!".

The fact that you've latched on to me so strongly from this, keep questioning my blatant as hell meaning with the quote, and now are trying to push this narrative that I'm ducking you, is very, very suspect, and I honestly don't believe you are this daft.
What is this and why should I give a shit?

No it fucking isn't. :huh:

Horseshit. colonialbob made posts and I made a read. You know what you did in response? Made a read. You made a read that you are presently calling "very sus". That's strong language. How can you have such a strong read so early? :rolleyes:

I "keep trying to use it as a means" so hard that I said it one time. Fake.

We could be scumbuddies. I could be buddying a civilian for credit. I can't be town myself. Garbage.

There is nothing blatant about the meaning of "interesting" in a "read" being made in a Mafia game.

You're freaking the fuck out and spewing trash. Die.
This gave me flashbacks to when 3J and I went head to head in Red vs Blue...both times. This ass is town.
Quin wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:52 pm I'm wary of Epi. I don't like this argument for scum 3J.
Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:34 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:32 am
Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:28 am JJJ's pets so far:

Quin
Iron Dwarf
Dr. White
lapluie

Somebody tell me he isn't going for easy, early lynches.
I would agree at least that Iron_Dwarf and lapluie are "easy". I don't care. Easy and civilian aren't synonymous. Sometimes mafia members are easy to lynch.
Your reasons for all of them are lazy though. Quin not engaging anyone "substantively?" lapluie not "hitting the ground running here like she did in MK?"

Lazy work. I do not believe you are a civilian, sir.
1. Both of these arguments are worth making. In my case it's incorrect, but if I'm not engaging anyone substantively, that's a decent contrast to how I usually try to be as a player. lapluie is the same. She had 553 posts in MK despite it being her first game. She was in the top half of posters in Buffy. She's barely pushing 30 here. If you're not going to immediately call it suspicious, you absolutely have to look at it as substantial.

2. 3J said this. Lazy cases do not guarantee a civilian lynch.

Epignosis, what makes the cases 3J has put forward lazy, and why does that make him bad? Do you believe that he is avoiding progressive (as opposed to lazy) reads?

Quin and nutella were both mafia. Defended me, softly or overtly.

Persona 5

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:40 pm
Dragomir wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:21 pm Ok, so I narrowed it down to Jack and TSP. Never did the isos. Honestly just too lazy. I'm not entirely sure on those 2 but I feel confident in my reads.

I want to talk about Jay for a second. Like Mac pointed out, he has gone after several different ppl and has never really stuck to them for long(he's sticking to Epi now tho, I guess). The lack of coordination in his play is off-putting for me. Add his iso on Mac which I honestly think was garbage. Nearly half of it was him saying k or I guess. I'm like wtf? What in Jesus name is the point of those one-word replies?

Combine with that iso, and his overall playstyle appears as tryhard to me. Trying so hard to contribute and appear productivity. I don't like it.
Reading this makes me come to the conclusion that JJJ is probably town
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:14 pm I don't think this is a particularly logical option I'm probably going to take it back next time I look at the thread.
Could JJJ be teamed with:

Creature? Sure but Creature is town
Drago? No
Epi? Seems actually likely
Jack? No
LongCon? Sure
Mac? that'd be insane but not completely unexpected
Nutella? No
Rej? probably not
Sprityo? Sure but Sprityo is town

The problem here is that JJJ cannot be a teammate of any of my top scum reads.
Epignosis wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:24 am Creature- No clear opinion.

Dragomir- I stand by my take. Came out throwing like Drew Brees.

Jack- I'm not rereading your 77 posts. Feeling is positive though.

JJJ- Unless he goofs, I don't lynch him Day 1. He hasn't goofed (been a donkey, maybe, but not goofed). I'd have to be convinced to vote there, and I don't see that happening.

Long Con- Got lost in concessions.

MacDougall- I look for a confident "Epi-JJJ-LC is scum got em" post early on. True to fashion, he made one. This time he included the fucking host. I noted it, but left it alone to see what other people would say about it. "Oh golly gee Mac is so town for that." Not in my stadium. Smells like a Minnesota Viking fan's fart. Would lynch.

nutella- I can't have a confident opinion of her or it's a red flag. :sigh:

Rej- Will have to revisit.

sprityo- Will have to revisit.

TonyStarkPrime- Will have to revisit.
Epignosis wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:15 pm Mac = Good.
JJJ = Good.
Dragomir = Good.

I'm going to enter Day 2 (assuming I do) with that.
Epignosis wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:51 pm JJJ, you are a civilian because you are like me when you are bad. You value efficiency. I don't believe you punched Tony's Greyhound ticket Day 1 like that if you are aligned with him.

TSP and Epignosis were mafia. They stood in my corner.

~~~

Now I want to clarify something before I proceed so that there cannot be any bullshit misconstruals of my point. This does not imply that the players I have cited here called me a civilian in every single post. What is most important though is that when push came to shove and I was taking a bunch of heat -- they stood in my corner. This happens a lot.

So why do I care? Let's move foward to:

~~~

Dogs vs. Cats

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:43 am Most of the complaints I've seen hurled at JJJ in this game can be defended as 'it's D1 JJJ trying to spur reactions and get pressure on everyone at once.' Some of Epi's post could be seen like that.

Some of it can't.

Looking for JJJ's response as I'm like 6 pages behind.
speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:03 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:47 pm Facts:

JJJ gave Rej a bunch of shit. Did not vote there.
JJJ voted LC, whom he called good that same Day.

What else am I supposed to do with this?
JJJ also ungave Rej shit?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:27 am
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:20 amHe's banking all of his analysis on the one Persona game, which is fallacious as heck. "JJJ isn't doing things exactly like he did in P5" is not a case, it's a justification.
I agree that it's fallacious, though that's something I am thinking about. Rej has only played one game with me, and it was that one. So it makes some sense that he'd be inclined to assess me on that basis.
Here he takes a Rej read I considered disingeneous and thought to give some validity to it. It's not all black and white. Never is. But I don't know if this makes JJJ look better or worse, given the subject. Just a little more consistent.

I'd look up other games where Jay ended up on a random wagon instead of the one he'd been dogging most of the day, but once again, meta is crap.
speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:53 am

Mac is town.

speedchuck made a mission this game of defending me when the pressure was on me. In a few cases he would qualify that with generic waffles so that he could get away with whatever eventuality (and probably to make me look worse if he dies), but the overarching theme here is pro-JJJ.

Let's consider Fayt:

Fayt wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:49 pm Before I go in on this, I do read JJJ and Mac as town. I can't think of a reason why scum would go for a mislynch on me, maybe because it would be "easy." (this isn't the first time I've had the let's gang on the newcomer) but it's a terrible risk once I flip so I'll lay out my thoughts on JJJ's read on me. I would have to dig deeper on the other reads and see what I'm missing. The whole LC wagon still strikes me as odd and felt like someone was trying to save Rej at the end.

I've already talked about Mac's theory of me and Rej's distancing. I failed to see how off of the words "I do lean" vs "I lean" when the topic at hand was responding to JJJ. responses in bold and this color is mine.
Large post defending me
Fayt wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:04 pm
sprityo wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:36 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:35 pm
sprityo wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:34 pm i guess ill vote drago and see if jay wants to break the tie :shrug:
That’s a preferable counterwagon. :beer:

I’m still content to keep my vote right on you, mister.
fair enough but i doubt you'd risk an avoidable mislynch

i dont think tony is gonna show up anytime soon
don't like this so much. "an avoidable mislynch" implies that you would know JJJ is town despite asking earlier if you should vote JJJ or not. hmm. Unless I'm interpreting this wrong.

The other posts aren't that great either. Do you find Drago scummy? Or is this just a bait for JJJ.

I end up becoming unsure of LC so I did a no vote as a placement before I can look more on my lunch break.

[VOTE: Sprityo] aubergine

It could actually be said that nobody in this game has defended me more confidently than Fayt has.

And I opened Day 2 with my vote on them immediately! There's reasonable objectivity, and there's just too much information. It follows the trend I have painstakingly displayed in this post. Defending me in isolation needn't be a condemnation either, but consider the conditions under which I am being defended and by whom. I just don't believe that Fayt actually "trusts" me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”