An Australian Country Murder Mystery (Day 4)

Moderator: Community Team

Who king hit the poor cunt?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:22 pm

Dom
40%
Epignosis
No votes
Lady LambdaDelta
No votes
Long Con
No votes
sabie12
No votes
Host/Dead/Spec
60%

Total votes: 10
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 22

Re: An Australian Country Murder Mystery (Day 3)

Post by MacDougall »

Night ends in like 53 mins k?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 131
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

k
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 190

Post by Epignosis »

I didn't have any time today to do anything else. For that I am sorry if I don't make it. Good luck in either instance.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 22

Post by MacDougall »

Fucken Blimey!

G'day mates. Shit's been more flat out than happy hour in a whorehouse 'round 'ere. We haven't been up to snuff with the "fancy experience" and what 'ave you but we all know that nobody in Armidale can bloody read anyway so who gives a toss?

Suffice to say that someone went and did our young larrakin Quin a bit harsh. You know what I mean? He looks a bit crook. Looks a bit legless. We found the boy and well let's just say he won't be out there rootin' any more shielas any time soon. Or rootin' around. Or rootin' at all really. Seems someone made a flanno out of his skin. Might be a bit of a clue? Maybe not? Yeah nah it's not. Just a furphy to be right. Bloody hell there's a lot of fair dinkum' ruthless bludgers going off 'round 'ere ay mate! :haha:

Quin has been killed, he was a vanilla townie. Ya fucken sloppy cunts. Now piss off and start day 4.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: An Australian Country Murder Mystery (Day 4)

Post by Epignosis »

Okay then. :beer:

[VOTE: DFaraday] aubergine
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 128
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:02 pm
Fucken Blimey!

G'day mates. Shit's been more flat out than happy hour in a whorehouse 'round 'ere. We haven't been up to snuff with the "fancy experience" and what 'ave you but we all know that nobody in Armidale can bloody read anyway so who gives a toss?

Suffice to say that someone went and did our young larrakin Quin a bit harsh. You know what I mean? He looks a bit crook. Looks a bit legless. We found the boy and well let's just say he won't be out there rootin' any more shielas any time soon. Or rootin' around. Or rootin' at all really. Seems someone made a flanno out of his skin. Might be a bit of a clue? Maybe not? Yeah nah it's not. Just a furphy to be right. Bloody hell there's a lot of fair dinkum' ruthless bludgers going off 'round 'ere ay mate! :haha:

Quin has been killed, he was a vanilla townie. Ya fucken sloppy cunts. Now piss off and start day 4.
:haha:
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:04 pm Okay then. :beer:

Why not Long Con?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:12 pm

Why not Long Con?
Because I'm his teammate. :dark:

I don't know. Not really sure.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

To be clear, I've never been opposed to a Long Con lynch:
Epignosis wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:05 am Civilians:

DFaraday
Dom
Me :grin:
G-Man
sabie12

Suspects:

LLD
Long Con
nutella
Quin

I recommend that today's lynch be among the four suspects listed here.
But read what I wrote about DF and tell me if you think LC should be lynched first.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:28 pm

Why not Long Con?

You make some fair points on DF (pun intended) he defended nutella in the beginning and then kind of said he suspected her but then voted for me and then didnt vote for her til the end of yesterday. He has kind of been sliding by without a lot of suspicion thrown his way.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:37 pm To be clear, I've never been opposed to a Long Con lynch:

DFaraday
Dom
G-Man
sabie12

Suspects:

LLD
Long Con
nutella
Quin

But read what I wrote about DF and tell me if you think LC should be lynched first.
I'll field this one for him: "Long Con is obviously bad because I decided he was bad and so everything he does reinforces that he is bad."
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sabie12 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:39 pm

Why not Long Con?

You make some fair points on DF (pun intended) he defended nutella in the beginning and then kind of said he suspected her but then voted for me and then didnt vote for her til the end of yesterday. He has kind of been sliding by without a lot of suspicion thrown his way.
What's the pun?
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:46 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:39 pm

Why not Long Con?

What's the pun?
Fair as in faraday it was a dumb joke. Main point is I agree with your case on him.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

You're cool. Got it.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Quin »

Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:37 pm To be clear, I've never been opposed to a Long Con lynch:

DFaraday
Dom
G-Man
sabie12

Suspects:

LLD
Long Con
nutella
Quin

I'm desperately looking for the next save point in Jedi Fallen Order. Then, I'll do so.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epi-- you make some great points there. I should have read it in more detail earlier. Yesterday was my night out with friends and I did not give this game the attention it needed.

but my pants ripped at the bar, so you win some and you lose some

I'd like to know from [mention]Long Con[/mention] who I should vote for instead of him and why. The same goes for [mention]DFaraday[/mention]
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'll go second.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 24

Re: An Australian Country Murder Mystery (Day 2)

Post by DFaraday »

Funny that Epi did a 180 on me even though his case on me applies pretty well to LC too:
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:43 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:39 pm Hmmm the plot thickens. Jack and tony both felt pretty confidently that nutella was bad and now they both have flipped civ. I've been iffy on nutella from the beginning and am inclined to believe maybe tony and jack were right about her. Putting my vote there for now.[VOTE: nutella] aubergine
Sounds like it was you. [VOTE: sabie] aubergine
LC, like me, identified Sabie singling out Nutella as suspicious after Tony and Jack's deaths (correctly, as it turns out). His immediate vote on Sabie suggests a defensiveness towards Nutella.

His support of Nutella is made explicit shortly after:
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:35 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:22 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:20 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:08 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:23 pm I've noticed in past games sometimes the mafia players will focus on rules and gameplay so they're participating but not really having to say any reads. I thought maybe he was trying to appear helpful to town. He also made it a point to say he needed time to read jack and if he gets killed jack probably killed him. He was focusing a lot on jack and I was thinking maybe they could be teammates based on the way I've seen both of them play when mafia in the past. Also you had made a decent case on tony that I felt made sense at the time.

I'll have to look more closely at jack and nutella.
Just noting that sabie also used the "bad guys talk about mechanics" argument against Tony.
:srsnod:
You got any thoughts on non-sabie players?
I think nutella's ok, I don't suspect her. G-Man too.
So up until this point, LC has been reading Nutella as civ. And Nutella has been civ-reading LC for most of the early game:
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:30 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:43 am I’m unconvinced by the things Tony has said in response to me, but I don’t want the discussion to end there.

Long Con and G-man are the other two players I’ve felt directly suspicious of for more than a brief moment this game. I’ve held off on G-man because he hasn’t played in forever and he’s good company. And some of my pings could just be derived from his eagerness to get back in the action.

Long Con has felt a little flat. I may or may not be able to substatntiate that.
How are these real reads
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:51 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:49 am
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:30 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:43 am I’m unconvinced by the things Tony has said in response to me, but I don’t want the discussion to end there.

Long Con and G-man are the other two players I’ve felt directly suspicious of for more than a brief moment this game. I’ve held off on G-man because he hasn’t played in forever and he’s good company. And some of my pings could just be derived from his eagerness to get back in the action.

Long Con has felt a little flat. I may or may not be able to substatntiate that.
How are these real reads
I’ve read or skimmed most of the thread and my responses have been such that I came out feeling this way about things. I’ve expressed nothing firm or concrete here. Why do you object?
LC is fine imo from the way he framed his jack vote. Gman, idk no real strong opinion I guess but light town lean
So even during early Day 2 Nutella felt mildly positive towards LC. Here is her very next post in which she mentions LC:
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:04 am
Dom wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:00 am
OK.
I'll chew on that.

Let's say sabie isn't in the game.

Why do we lynch and why?
At the moment I would say Epi or LC because they are being very go with the flow/unconcerned with actually solving.
These two posts saw her perception of LC go from "fine" to one of her top lynch picks. Nutella specifically cites LC's apparent lack of concern with solving as her main cause for suspicion despite the intervening period seeing LC become significantly more engaged than he had been when she said he was fine. She follows up with proposing a Quin/LC team, yet votes for Quin, prompting this response:
Long Con wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:19 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:02 pm So... Quin/LC w/w anyone?

[VOTE: quin] aubergine what the heck let's see
That's what you use to implicate me? That post??

Nutella then offers this "reason" for suspecting LC:
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:26 pm LC is being weird in a different way than is usual for him imo. I'm baffled.
She does move her vote to LC during the odd LC/LLD debacle, eventually offering this vague explanation:
nutella wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:11 pm he doesn't look good in association with Michelle, like his iso has pretty much no mentions of her until after she flipped

and he's generally been weird in a way that has felt unusual to me, stuff like this:
Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:36 am I like how that "Hey, don't vote me! We're voting Jack." makes me look, in light of the night 1 Jack kill. Looks townish fo sho.
LC gets into a minor kerfuffle with Nutella soon after, conveniently summed up in this block:
nutella wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:19 am
Long Con wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:16 am
nutella wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:07 am
Long Con wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:20 am I'm suspicious of her. I didn't like some of her stuff earlier, which I recall posting about, and this recent stuff was sketchy as well, although she is known for "wishy-washiness", so the "could be"s are on track with that. I don't like how she's coming after me.
this is one whole mess of a post
Yeah, but, you're calling me out on this, and is it really a baddie indicator? How does it make me less Civ in your eyes? I don't really see it, oh, my post has unsure ideas and opinions, let's comment on the nature of the post itself. This reaction makes me more suspicious of you.
Idk. I currently suspect G more than you after skimming his iso again. I can see your weird tone coming from a town angle, you just keep pinging me at face value but who knows man, you are often zany.
LC says he's suspicious of Nutella and briefly gets into it with her, but then changes tack and goes after Dom for the rest of the phase.

Shortly after her previous LC suspicion, Nutella abruptly shifts to G-Man pretty much out of nowhere, moving her vote off of LC to G. Almost as if she never had any intention of trying to get LC lynched. Her final post mentions LC as someone to vote for instead in the most halfhearted of ways.
nutella wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:05 pm Well I guess imma [VOTE: dom] aubergine for the hell of it though I think he has looked pretty town, ugh. If anyone still wants to go for G-man or LC I think those would be more likely to hit scum than Dom bit I will go for whatever is most likely to self pres at this point because I know I'm town. I can see why I look bad here and that I should be resolved but I hope after my flip you will look at the people I've suggested.
My conclusion: all of the suspicions traded between Nutella and LC are nebulous, contrived, or quickly dropped in favor of someone they actually want to lynch. It comes across to me as moderate distancing without a willingness to commit to the bit. I believe it's not only possible, but probable that LC is the remaining scum.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

[VOTE: LC] aubergine
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

In looking at nutellas ISO she makes it a point to always sort of imply she town reads DF without actually hardcore defending him. She never casts suspicion on him and michelle didnt really offer a read on him either. Maybe that was intentional and DF thought he could hide behind his last minute vote for nutella at the end of the last day.

I don't know going with LC seems too easy like even DF said in a previous post why would LC try to be obvious about it if he really were a baddie. He seems sketchy but I think hes just saying whatever comes to mind randomly as he feels like.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

[VOTE: Dfaraday] aubergine putting my vote here for now. I agree with this case more strongly
~Darren Shan~
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: An Australian Country Murder Mystery (Day 2)

Post by Epignosis »

DFaraday wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:09 am Funny that Epi did a 180 on me
What's funny about it?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

DFaraday--

I'm confused. If Epi's 180 on you is so "funny" why is Epi not the target of your suspicion, instead of LC?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

That's a nice case on me from DF. Epi already did the DF case, so I'll just point to that. :haha:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Three lynches to get this right. That's not bad, considering there's still a cop out there. One thing to consider is that one of those lynches is going to have to be LLD. I hope that DF is the last baddie and it's just that easy.
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Dom wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:30 am DFaraday--

I'm confused. If Epi's 180 on you is so "funny" why is Epi not the target of your suspicion, instead of LC?
I don't suspect Epi. As I've said before I think the voting record looks very good for Epi. Funny in the sense that it doesn't make sense to me that he's acting as if there's an airtight case on me despite agreeing with my takes and civ reading me quite recently and considering that most of his points apply to LC as well. It's frustrating in a kind of absurd way to me.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:53 am In looking at nutellas ISO she makes it a point to always sort of imply she town reads DF without actually hardcore defending him. She never casts suspicion on him and michelle didnt really offer a read on him either. Maybe that was intentional and DF thought he could hide behind his last minute vote for nutella at the end of the last day.

I don't know going with LC seems too easy like even DF said in a previous post why would LC try to be obvious about it if he really were a baddie. He seems sketchy but I think hes just saying whatever comes to mind randomly as he feels like.
It wasn't quite last minute, and besides I put Nutella up 4-2 at a time when the lynch result was still very much in question.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

My change of opinion regarding you has to do with the revelation that nutella was mafia.
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:53 pm My change of opinion regarding you has to do with the revelation that nutella was mafia.
Okay, well I don't know what to really say to your case. Yes, I thought Nutella was good most of the game. I was wrong. I thought Sabie was bad, and it sure looks like I was wrong there too. I voted Sabie over Michelle because to my mind either of them could be taken as civ in isolation, but the way their posts unfolded read like teammate coordination, so I felt about equally confident in voting either. That's pretty much all I've got. :shrug2:

The last baddie is LC or LLD. I'm 100% sure of this.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DFaraday wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:00 pm
If you are correct, then the order of lynches can go DF then LLD then LC and the game is still won.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:53 pm My change of opinion regarding you has to do with the revelation that nutella was mafia.
Okay, well I don't know what to really say to your case. Yes, I thought Nutella was good most of the game. I was wrong. I thought Sabie was bad, and it sure looks like I was wrong there too. I voted Sabie over Michelle because to my mind either of them could be taken as civ in isolation, but the way their posts unfolded read like teammate coordination, so I felt about equally confident in voting either. That's pretty much all I've got. :shrug2:

I'm unsure of our bro status at this time. Is this the Bropocalypse?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:03 pm
If you are correct, then the order of lynches can go DF then LLD then LC and the game is still won.
Sounds about right. Also, the cop had better help us confirm either way on at least one of those players before a mislynch.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

[VOTE: BroFaraday] aubergine
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

'Magine this were a 24-hour day?
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 65

Post by G-Man »

Nutella and Michelle were the tandem that my spreadsheet made most apparent to me. For some reason I struggle with identifying the third in these games. I like Epi’s case on DF, and I hope that it is as simple as that. I’m going to ISO every living player between now and the deadline just to satisfy my own mind. This is the time when paranoia and tin foil get the better of me, I’m trying to change that.

Sorry for disappearing. It’s been a busy weekend.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

LLD, since it isn't in the first post by MacDougall:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... sf=msgonly
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:51 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:41 pm Instead of admitting she was wrong about the vote order she just flips out and insists on self sacrificing on betting on Dom's alignment

I'm having war flashbacks

Idk why I agreed to play another game with this toxic person
I don't know why you think this is toxic?

I clearly misunderstood the way voting on this site works.

I am doing something tangential to that.

I don't have anything to say about that, I still think he may be scum and clearly he thinks I am.

So I am offering him a chance to put his money where his mouth is and bet his life againsy mine if he is that certain

Just because this isnt how you like to play doesn't make it remotely toxic

On the other hand, disparaging how others play the game when it is different to how you like to play, like you seem to like doing for the second game in a row now I may mention, IS toxic.

So maybe chill out and let the man answer the question.
Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:53 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:50 pm I just don't get why you feel so strongly now that your initial premise has been thoroughly debunked.
Because the premise was essentially just an entry point and my initial premise (he was voting LC with two of his top scum reads you and I) is still sound.

I won't stop being aggressive even if I misunderstood how the voting system here works. Clearly i thought he was the third vote and only looked for votes that appeared after yours and mine.
As uncomfortable as it may be, perhaps we should discuss this exchange.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Does this exchange occur if nutella and LLD are teammates? Why or why not?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:23 pm Does this exchange occur if nutella and LLD are teammates? Why or why not?
It doesn't read like a certain game did, that's for sure.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:32 pm Three lynches to get this right. That's not bad, considering there's still a cop out there. One thing to consider is that one of those lynches is going to have to be LLD. I hope that DF is the last baddie and it's just that easy.
Are you going to try now? Is it the middle of the game yet? Are you still hiding behind bullshit?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:51 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:23 pm Does this exchange occur if nutella and LLD are teammates? Why or why not?
So do you think LLD is a civilian?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

[mention]DFaraday[/mention]

Who is a baddie if you're wrong about Long Con?

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:56 pm
Dom wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:51 pm
So do you think LLD is a civilian?
Well, there's only one baddie.
I don't think LLD's play is civvie like and I don't think that the exchange in this game was as vicious as previous ones.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

There are seven alive.

The cop is alive.

The bad guy is alive.

Everyone else who is alive is alive.

I think DF as the last mafia member makes the most sense. I think that's the best Day 4 lynch available.

I think we should treat our remaining time this way: "DFaraday has been lynched. He was a vanilla civilian."

Where do you go?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I'm at a 55/45 split between LC and LLD
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'd lynch LC before LLD, but that is a stretch. I do think DF is bad.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

anyone have yesterday's ote?
Lady LambdaDelta
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Lady LambdaDelta »

Wake me up if DF or LC flips town. I will talk about stuff then.
That which yields is not always weak.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Laziness is the town's enemy.

Return to “Previous Heists”