An Australian Country Murder Mystery (Day 4)

Moderator: Community Team

Who king hit the poor cunt?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:22 pm

Dom
40%
Epignosis
No votes
Lady LambdaDelta
No votes
Long Con
No votes
sabie12
No votes
Host/Dead/Spec
60%

Total votes: 10
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 65

Re: An Australian Country Murder Mystery (Day 1)

Post by G-Man »

Not to diminish Epi's work, but I noticed a few other things in reading DFaraday...
DFaraday wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:02 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:04 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:58 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:28 pm @DFaraday

You have a history of missing day phases and ending games with under 10 posts. I understand that irl stuff happens but It has become a pattern.

I would absolutely love to play a mafia game with you but that’s going to require you to play a mafia game with me as well.

Please post.
You're mafia.
No you.

If I was mafia, I wouldn’t start the game with a push on a guy who tends to get himself lynched all on his own.
Why wouldn't you? In a game with so few players, nearly all of which are vanilla, every town vote is significant. The usual approach of leaving me for late game won't fly here, since in a few phases I could conceivably pop back in after a hiatus and cast a deciding vote. It might be a better approach for the Mafia to go for a softball right out of the gate to get a jump on the numbers without really putting themselves on the line in the way they might in trying to fabricate a case on a more prominent player.
The pink part has been gnawing at me since an earlier ISO. Baddies like to have players who are perceived as unreliable votes in the game. You take out the threats and let the civvies worry about eliminating a partial participator. DF's line of reasoning defies baddie logic because baddies seldom have to try very hard for a mislynch on Day 1.

DFaraday wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:55 am
nutella wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:04 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:49 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:39 pm Hmmm the plot thickens. Jack and tony both felt pretty confidently that nutella was bad and now they both have flipped civ. I've been iffy on nutella from the beginning and am inclined to believe maybe tony and jack were right about her. Putting my vote there for now.[VOTE: nutella] aubergine
I do not follow. Nutella did not vote for Tony, and I find it a bit of a stretch to assume that Jack was killed for the purpose of silencing his criticism of nutella. Plus, we now know that Jack would have been a perfectly viable counterwagon yesterday if nutella was bad and the mafia team wanted to save her. There wouldn’t have been a need for any of them to push to Tony (and no reason not to. My point is that I don’t see how this pair of deaths reflects poorly on nutella specifically). Is there more to this suspicion?
So you don't think the kill was a frame of me? That was my first thought, and that sabie either bought it or is promoting the narrative that I'm scum.
I think it's the second option. I actually began thinking there might be a Sabie/Michelle connection yesterday, but didn't want to say anything explicit during the night. My theory is that Michelle forced suspicion on Tony, then had to double down on it as their interaction continued, and Sabie just parroted her teammate's suspicion. Sabie's post today makes me feel even less warm towards her, since it's basically shouting, "WOW HOW SUSPICIOUS DOES THIS KILL MAKE NUTELLA LOOK, RIGHT GUYS?"
Here he leans in on the "sabie looks bad for thinking nutella looks bad after Jack got killed" theory. That kind of setup might be economical in a game this small, but nutella looked suspicious for reasons that did not involve Jack. I said around that time that a baddie trying to set someone up to look bad and being the person to lead that charge is an elementary tactic that most of us grew out of very quickly. Nutella's team may have done it for the WIFOM for that exact reason. They got someone to bite on it and tried to make them look bad for taking 'such obvious bait.'

DFaraday wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:11 am Looking over the votes from Day 2 leave me feeling extremely confident in Dom and Epi. If Sabie is not a teammate of Michelle then it would make no sense for her teammates to vote her at that juncture, and if Sabie was also part of the team, they could have prodded/stuck with the Quin wagon that almost took off.

I'm feeling less confident in Nutella than I have for much of the game, but it seems unlikely she's on a team with either Quin or Sabie given the voting results as well as the suspicions cast between them.

I still don't have a good reason for ruling Quin out, though. And there's not a strong reason LC should be considered town, which (even though we're bros) means he's not cleared. My guess is that the remaining baddies at this point are one of the following combinations:

Quin/Sabie
LC/Sabie
Nutella/LLD
LLD/Any of the above
Here he takes the successful Michelle lynch and tries to spin it back onto sabie, even though a number of people expressed a stronger connection between Michelle and nutella given my scenario questions. In Day 2, he expressed suspicion of sabie and Michelle, hoped people would go for sabie but was fine with Michelle votes too. He set himself up here by trying to connect the two. Had sabie been lynched, he could have either said "Oops, we should have lynched Michelle" or "Boy, with sabie flipping civvie, that gives me pause about how I read Michelle too."

DFaraday wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:34 pm Be safe, Sabie!
Long Con wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:31 pm
G-Man wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:01 am3) What convinced Dom to leave his vote on Michelle? How did that progression take place. The post containing his vote for her said "for now" but it ended up being for good. That might help me clear my Dom sus.
It could be a bus. His vote followed the strong Michelle-lynch start from Epi and Sloonei, so he wasn't the one pushing the hardest for Michelle. Then those two voted off and Dom stayed. Perfect bus-without-lynching possibility. Dom didn't really give a lot of reasons for others to vote there, just that Michelle was a common thread in the possibilities, along with a couple of other players. The votes swung back, Dom then had to choose whether to change his vote and risk looking like a teammate, or swallow it and try to look good.

His vote's in the perfect place for a bus. Looks a lot like my style of bussing, actually.
The thing is Sabie would have been such a safe place to hide. Dom could have just made a post about the Sabie suspicions and moved his vote there, and probably wouldn’t have even garnered attention with all the vote switching that goes on (besides if Sabie had been lynched we wouldn’t know Michelle was bad anyway). In a game with one bad team and tight numbers to begin with I don’t think bussing on Day 2 is the most likely option.
Here he takes LC's suspicion on Dom and does something cute with it. His explanation of how Dom could have just voted for sabie if he was bad because it wouldn't have garnered much attention is exactly what he did. Is this post a little too knowing for a civvie to make?

He also does this to defend Dom, so he gets on another player's good side. He says he voted for nutella to save Dom. How very noble of him to vote for someone that has a lot of evidence against her in order to save someone who doesn't have a strong case against him.

Here (too long to bother with multi-quotes) he condemns LC for going after sabie for voting for nutella because Jack died. But, DF voted for sabie for the same reason. How does LC look bad for this and DF doesn't? Because LC voted first.

Funny thing about that. If sabie looked bad for voting first for nutella Day 2 after Jack died, and LC looks bad for voting for sabie for that same reason two days later, then DF must be wary of first-voters, right? But no. He voted second on the Jack train (after LC) Day 1 and second on the sabie train (again after LC) on Day 2. In both cases, he voted early on and walked away. That's good baddie strategy in small games like this. The less you engage, the harder it is to parse out your evil intentions. He was willing to follow the votes of others and build on their suspicions. After one baddie was caught, DF put more effort into finding dirt that might stick to people. He's my first ISO, but I'm comfortable with voting for him today.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 131
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: An Australian Country Murder Mystery (Day 4)

Post by Long Con »

Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:14 am Wake me up if DF or LC flips town. I will talk about stuff then.
I'll let you know if you flip town after DF, if that works for you.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Natural suspicion won't let me let go of Dom very easily. Some votes feel half-hearted to me, and there's one post that made me pause:

Dom wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:14 am Nutella's post on epi/LC felt very authentic and makes a lot of sense.

I'd like some more analysis from her going forward.

Sloonei, since Epi is going to be a total dud in terms of any useful interaction with me, what do you think of the reads I gave?
Is this nutella's post you reference?
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:04 am
Dom wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:00 am
OK.
I'll chew on that.

Let's say sabie isn't in the game.

Why do we lynch and why?
At the moment I would say Epi or LC because they are being very go with the flow/unconcerned with actually solving.

Dom's post comes from Day 2. I might be reading too much into it, but I'll wait for Dom to comment on the reference post before saying more.

Overall, Dom is wily enough to thread this needle. By my estimation, most of his content works in his favor though. He's poking and prodding, while not latching onto the ideas of others and running with them. He's being shrewd and analytical. I like the lack of pouncing, though I expect to see Dom pounce at some point. Maybe this game is too short or has progressed too quickly for Dom to have an a-ha moment that leads to a pounce. If I still played video games, though, I'd be distracted by Star Wars too.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Nothing much for me to say about Epi. He was phoning it in due to RL but also threw down in ways that I cannot interpret as baddie. Again, his "don't get cute" mantra either falls apart if he's bad here, or else he's consistent. In my history playing with and against him, Epi is consistent. He's smart enough to fake us all out, but he'd be giving up a lot in doing so. I want to see him do a hard read on Long Con in the same way he did for DFaraday though. Just to be sure.

If you've fleeced me, Epi, kudos to you.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Nostalgia seems appropriate for this one...
WALDORF: Well, they say all good things come to an end.

STATLER: What's that got to do with Lady LambdaDelta's ISO?

BOTH: *laughter*

Seriously though, I have no idea what to make of her. It bothers me that anyone is a null read on Day 4 in a game this small. I can't make heads or tails out of her. If she is the remaining baddie, then I award her zero points and may God have mercy on our souls.
My Banners:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

G-Man wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:56 pm Natural suspicion won't let me let go of Dom very easily. Some votes feel half-hearted to me, and there's one post that made me pause:

Dom wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:14 am Nutella's post on epi/LC felt very authentic and makes a lot of sense.

Sloonei, since Epi is going to be a total dud in terms of any useful interaction with me, what do you think of the reads I gave?
OK.
I'll chew on that.

Why do we lynch and why?
At the moment I would say Epi or LC because they are being very go with the flow/unconcerned with actually solving.

Dom's post comes from Day 2. I might be reading too much into it, but I'll wait for Dom to comment on the reference post before saying more.

Overall, Dom is wily enough to thread this needle. By my estimation, most of his content works in his favor though. He's poking and prodding, while not latching onto the ideas of others and running with them. He's being shrewd and analytical. I like the lack of pouncing, though I expect to see Dom pounce at some point. Maybe this game is too short or has progressed too quickly for Dom to have an a-ha moment that leads to a pounce. If I still played video games, though, I'd be distracted by Star Wars too.
Really? I feel like Dom pounced on me a few days back and dug his claws in deep.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Now for Long Con...
Long Con wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:55 am DF plays that way enough of the time that pinging him to play is fake because you already know from experience that he'll play how he plays pings or not. Filler content not real content. Flush Out Fillers, as they say. Done. "Answered" Wolf motivation: early seemingly useful but no really content.
Long Con wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:59 am nutella's ISO looks fine to me. Jack's freaking out about a couple of votes compounds my suspicion.
Both of these posts provide soft Day 1 defenses for players that he used to support his vote for Jack. The second one has no elaboration on why nutella's ISO looked fine. Granted, it was an early Day 1 ISO, but you have to back up your opinions.

Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:43 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:39 pm Hmmm the plot thickens. Jack and tony both felt pretty confidently that nutella was bad and now they both have flipped civ. I've been iffy on nutella from the beginning and am inclined to believe maybe tony and jack were right about her. Putting my vote there for now.[VOTE: nutella] aubergine
Sounds like it was you. [VOTE: sabie] aubergine
This post comes after Michelle picked up early votes from BatSloon and Robinosis. It started the push against sabie, and Long Con supported Sloonei's investigation of sabie. Long Con pushed the issue though, rather than let others run with it. What bugs me is the repeat defense of nutella with no substance behind it.

He says his early game is weak. That's an excuse to not try very hard. It attempts to lower peoples' expectations of him.

Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:56 am The big words were alllll right. I also suspected nutella for her vicious attack on me earlier.
This feels hollow to me. Why, LC?

Long Con wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:53 am Maybe LLD is too inactive to be considered? I don't see the votes going her way until much later at this level of activity.
This post came after LLD appeared at on a list of four players Epi recommended lynching Day 3. It gives me an odd feeling. Almost like wishful thinking? If the baddies still had two players left, I bet we'd be talking about LLD more. But they don't. Hindsight is funny like that.

Long Con wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:38 pm I was once caught by a dubious LP member named Aldo for avoidance. I had not mentioned or interacted with a single member of my beleaguered baddie team and he nailed it, I was lynched, and everyone pointed and laughed.

However, I'm not Michelle's teammate.
Here he states that he knows better than to avoid interacting with teammates as baddies. I believe that, but it's not always easy to work in those fake interactions to throw people off. I remember Aldo- what a hoot!

Long Con wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:48 am
Dom wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:29 am Nutella-- why LLD? Why LC??

LC-- why LLD? Why nutella?

LLD-- why nutella? Why LC?
This posts kind of reeks. I don't find it all that genuine, some manufactured triad of callouts that requires no thought, just throws it all at three other players to deal with. Like, where does LLD suspect nutella??

I've stated why I suspect nutella in a couple of posts. LLD because she's so super-sketchy and interesting.

Dom doesn't feel real to me, I believe he's a baddie trying to put in legwork to feign towniness. [VOTE: Dom] aubergine
I can understand not being happy with the way Dom constructed the pairings, but I don't see the logical flow into voting for Dom. It's like a preemptive 'No U.'

Long Con wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:31 pm
G-Man wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:01 am3) What convinced Dom to leave his vote on Michelle? How did that progression take place. The post containing his vote for her said "for now" but it ended up being for good. That might help me clear my Dom sus.
It could be a bus. His vote followed the strong Michelle-lynch start from Epi and Sloonei, so he wasn't the one pushing the hardest for Michelle. Then those two voted off and Dom stayed. Perfect bus-without-lynching possibility. Dom didn't really give a lot of reasons for others to vote there, just that Michelle was a common thread in the possibilities, along with a couple of other players. The votes swung back, Dom then had to choose whether to change his vote and risk looking like a teammate, or swallow it and try to look good.

His vote's in the perfect place for a bus. Looks a lot like my style of bussing, actually.
It's like he used my question about Dom to back into a justification for his vote on Dom. Let's remember that LLD started the Dom train almost out of thin air. Long Con sure jumped to 'yep, suspicious' on Dom quickly.

Long Con wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:35 am
Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:27 am I can't read half of Quin's posts. Probably civilian.
Players who do a shtick... more often Civ or baddie?

Also, I had an idea that LLD was the cop, and that she had red-peeked Dom and that's why she was trying to make that death-pact with him. That's the main reason I started focusing on Dom.
Oh, is that so? Then why wait so long to drop this? Could have fooled me.

I'm going to re-read Faraday's case against LC and see how that feels. It's possible that Long Con's fast-and-loose style just caught up to him in a bad way here or he knows he can get away with be a little cavalier. As we tighten the bolts down on the game, that style looks worse.

I also feel like there was a weird dynamic between nutella and LC. I'll have to go through her ISO and look for it. There used to be a strategy as a baddie where you protect some of your teammates but work on cases against others. It got played out after a while, but I can see Long Con and nutella being inclined to fall back on such old tricks. Where DF feels more desperate, LC feels kind of sloppy. DF feels worse still but we'll see what the nutella ISO has to say about it.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Nice succinct ISO for sabie. I see a player who got frustrated early on and came more into her own Days 3 and 4. She made some good points along the way about both DF and LC. If she's the baddie, then I will make a point to never let her skate by on the innocent struggling player bit again. She and Epi are my civ reads.
My Banners:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

G-Man wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:05 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:35 am
Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:27 am I can't read half of Quin's posts. Probably civilian.
Players who do a shtick... more often Civ or baddie?

Also, I had an idea that LLD was the cop, and that she had red-peeked Dom and that's why she was trying to make that death-pact with him. That's the main reason I started focusing on Dom.
Oh, is that so? Then why wait so long to drop this? Could have fooled me.
I didn't want to reveal to the baddies that she's the cop if it was right. Did you really need to ask?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Nutella defended DFaraday against Jack because Jack went at DF for a bad reason (he's usually a low-poster and that's problematic). It was poor form on Jack's part and nutella was able to defend DF without looking chummy. There was no case built on thread content- it was all external. After the Jack-DF situation diffused, his name or abbreviation dropped out of nutella's ISO for good early on Day 2.

You can argue that DF dropped off of a lot of peoples' radars. He dropped off of mine for a little while. While DF and Long Con have both played a similar style of game, nutella only seemed to find LC increasingly suspicious as the game progressed. DF still has that damning early vote for sabie on Day 2, just like Long Con. But whom does nutella find suspicious? Long Con. The guy she has an extensive playing history with and can use that to her advantage.

On the flip side, nutella and Long Con start the game on good terms. They both go after Jack a little to defend DF. They both feel somewhat civ about each other. Then things turn. As the pressure heats up on the Michelle-nutella connection and nutella alone, she becomes increasingly suspicious of Long Con. Nutella had him up three votes to one over Quin, LLD, and herself. She needs an out. She ties Long Con to Quin in her if/then scenario answers. She knows it's only a matter of time before the casual play style falls under the microscope.

Is she going after Long Con to set up for the mother of all WIOM chalices? She could be trying to either sell out her only remaining teammate when it would be insane to do so in an attempt for WIFOM-infused cred. She could also be working hard to attack her only remaining teammate in the hopes that it will make it harder to believe LC is badde after she is lynched.

Here are the scenarios:

a) Baddie takes advantage of defending a teammate (DFaraday) from non-game-related accusations, only to fall into the trap of ignoring her teammate for too long afterwards to the point that it stands out.

b) Baddie under pressure tries to fuel suspicion of a civvie (Long Con) with a similar playstyle to her teammate (DFaraday) in order to misdirect suspicion away from her final teammate.

c) Baddie under pressure tries to sell out her last teammate (Long Con) for WIFOM cred that might help her stick around until the end of the game.

d) Baddie under pressure presents a real case against her last teammate (Long Con) to set up a WIFOM screen to protect him from suspicion long enough to win the game.

Answer these questions:

1) Which is a baddie most likely to do?

2) Which is baddie nutella most likely to do?
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Now, if DFaraday is the last baddie, it has to be B or A+B. It’s possible that nutella found it less awkward to not mention DF than to try to fit him in somewhere. Both A and B are plausible scenarios on their own. A+B is a bit more complex but it combines mutually exclusive events.

To me, D is the most plausible scenario if Long Con is a baddie, but it’s a Statue of Liberty play. It’s only worth trying when victory is somewhat doubtful. These small games are the best venue to pull it off, but it feels like it’s a day too soon to swallow that pill. Nutella’s suspicion felt a tad desperate at the end.

C is your Hail Mary that’s all but doomed. When was the last time any of us saw this sort of gambit pay off?

I know that I had some choice words before about Occam’s Razor, but DFarady as the last baddie is the easier scenario for me to believe in.

[VOTE: DFaraday] aubergine
My Banners:
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Dom »

G-Man wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:56 pm Natural suspicion won't let me let go of Dom very easily. Some votes feel half-hearted to me, and there's one post that made me pause:

OK.
I'll chew on that.

Why do we lynch and why?

Day 1-2 I felt Epi didn't give a fuck about the game. Nutella said as much. She was bad, but not wrong. He has since changed his tune and his Michelle vote proved-- to me-- he was civvie.

Long Con still doesn't care about this game.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dom wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:11 pmLong Con still doesn't care about this game.
Does Long Con try harder as a Civ or baddie?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:19 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:11 pmLong Con still doesn't care about this game.
Does Long Con try harder as a Civ or baddie?
I think it depends on the game.

You never gave a fuck. But you like to win.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Well, I have more posts than you, sabie, LLD, or DFaraday, so why don't you step back, because you're standing on my dick.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I'll let your posts speak for themselves. And votes.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hopefully, DFaraday is the last baddie and we can all celebrate!
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I do hope that.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 24

Post by DFaraday »

LC is obviously the last baddie. Because let’s be honest, is LLD really sending in night kills?

Until then, enjoy being wrong. Later y’all.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

LLD could easily be sending them in.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 24

Post by DFaraday »

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:01 pm LLD could easily be sending them in.
It’s possible, but with how little she’s been present in the thread I have my doubts she’s keeping up with PMs.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

She could be reading the thread, I don't know if it's angleshooting to talk about seeing her or whatever.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 190

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:11 pm

OK.
I'll chew on that.

Why do we lynch and why?

Day 1-2 I felt Epi didn't give a fuck about the game. Nutella said as much. She was bad, but not wrong. He has since changed his tune and his Michelle vote proved-- to me-- he was civvie.

Long Con still doesn't care about this game.
Well, not giving a fuck and not being able to give a fuck aren't exclusive states, so yeah.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DFaraday wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:55 pm LC is obviously the last baddie. Because let’s be honest, is LLD really sending in night kills?

Until then, enjoy being wrong. Later y’all.
"Enjoy being wrong."

Looks at previous lynches

:llama:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Was MacDougall eaten by a giant Australian spider? Where is the old bloke?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 22

Post by MacDougall »

Fucken Crikey!

Flat out like a lizard drinkin' out here in the outback.

Night started a while back and DFaraday is dead as a doorknob and yeah he was a vanilla townie get a move on. Night'll end the usualish time.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Nuts. RIP DF, and screw Occam and his razor.
My Banners:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

G-Man wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:06 am Nuts. RIP DF, and screw Occam and his razor.
Ever screwed a razor? I don't recommend it.

Least of all anyone else's.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Civilians have two chances to get this right. No reason to panic.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:10 am Civilians have two chances to get this right. No reason to panic.
No panic here yet. Just disappointment. I was hoping the delay was for a flavorful game-ending post.
My Banners:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

G-Man wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:14 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:10 am Civilians have two chances to get this right. No reason to panic.
No panic here yet. Just disappointment. I was hoping the delay was for a flavorful game-ending post.
Aussies are lazy.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Good news is that after tomorrow I'm free for days.

Still not the cop. :grin:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:15 am
G-Man wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:14 am
Aussies named Mac are busy.
ftfy
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I am disappointed. I thought I had a post Day 1 sweep. It gave me an erection.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Maybe we should play a game called "If I were the cop..." where we name some players that we green-checked as Civilians. Then, if the cop dies tonight, we can get some guidance.

One con of that plan would be last baddie would be able to see who isn't the cop by the people that named them.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:02 am Maybe we should play a game called "If I were the cop..." where we name some players that we green-checked as Civilians. Then, if the cop dies tonight, we can get some guidance.

One con of that plan would be last baddie would be able to see who isn't the cop by the people that named them.
Great idea.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'll have more time tomorrow to study this swamp.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

That is disappointing. Sorry DF RIP.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

IM FUCKIN COOKED AY
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

G-Man was out for a few quiet ones and accidentally bumped into some big cunt when he had an armful of schooies. The big cunt had just gotten out of a long stint in the big house and didn't take kindly to having his Tooheys spilled down the front of his flanno and king hit the poor bastard and killed him stone dead!

G-Man is dead. He was a vanilla townie.

It's day, do your thing.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

It's Day 5. We have two chances to get this right and the cop is still alive. That's a 40%+ chance.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

And fortunately, I'm off work for the next five days. :charlieblackmon:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

However, if the cop can clear just two people, that would save me a lot of time.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Exactly. The cop must be able to win us the game by now.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:28 pm Exactly. The cop must be able to win us the game by now.
Not necessarily. If the cop has been checking the same people who had been getting whacked, it would be incredibly bad luck, but I've seen it happen.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I am confounded if he hasn't checked me by this point.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Even if the cop can clear one person (I feel like Abraham bartering with God in Genesis), that's the end of the game.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:14 pm Even if the cop can clear one person (I feel like Abraham bartering with God in Genesis), that's the end of the game.
So, are you voting me, or LLD, or waiting for everyone to check in in case the cop wants to makes this really easy?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:39 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:14 pm Even if the cop can clear one person (I feel like Abraham bartering with God in Genesis), that's the end of the game.
So, are you voting me, or LLD, or waiting for everyone to check in in case the cop wants to makes this really easy?
Buddy, I'm planning on doing this the old fashioned way.

Return to “Previous Heists”