Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 101

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 1]

Post by ColinIsCool »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:08 pm I’m sorry I didn’t do anything, I misread and thought the phase ended today. About 1/3 of the way through the thread
I was right!!!
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 101

Post by ColinIsCool »

Although before I caught up I misinterpreted nutella as scum and read the thread as such, so some of my thoughts are useless.

I feel best about sig, his NANOOK suspicion and case felt really genuine. I also really like just about everything I’ve seen from ted. I like Jay so far, and Epi.

The Michelle post I quoted earlier bugged me out, I’m not sure what it meant/if it makes any sense. I agree with Epi’s concerne toward juliets.

Radishes isn’t giving me the same exact vibe as he did when I sniffed him out as 3P in Inception, but it’s similar ...
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 1]

Post by Michelle »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:56 am
Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:33 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:31 pm Don’t we have 24 hours? It’s Wednesday.
:omg: you are right. see you later.
You may post any case and @ me with it please
40 % a derp?
nah.. 100% me being idiot
Spoiler: show

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 155

Post by S~V~S »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:58 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:47 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:20 pm ...(Dizzy doesn't like me doing a Thing, so I'll expand, of course.)

Yeah, I asked who I should look at. Sometimes scum do that. Sometimes so do townies.

I've been trying not to play the 'I'm busy' card too hard because I'll end up a broken record, but I'm busy. I've not closely read everything. I'm going to be a follower this game, not a leader. Most of the D1 talking points (baddie-gate, for example) were not that worthwhile and by the time I was online they were over anyway, so I didn't bother to delve into them again. If I want to contribute to helping the town, I've got to do something.

The good news is now we have info, so I can play my own game.
How do you plan to use the information we’ve gained?
We know Nutella was not mafia. We know that mafia (of either team) are going to, therefore, gleefully nudge a mislynch. There will be scum on her wagon somewhere.
But that would have been the case if she were bad as well. With two bad teams the baddies are trying to lynch other team baddies for the cred. If anything the baddies want to avoid lynching civs with two teams, they let the civvies cannibalize themselves.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

*voting for civs, not lynching civs
Michelle
Made Man

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 0]

Post by Michelle »

sig wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:35 pm Gonna start on my Meh ISO's. Michelle is first, I'll probably be spoiling everything to make it more readable.
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:04 am
Vanilla

31% Voters: speedchuck, Jackofhearts2005, TonyStarkPrime, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, sprityo
The amount of vanilla lovers is concerning. Scum hides there mark my words.

Glad to play with everyone btw <3

Sould reading in page 1Tedex villager. Liked Nut - not a surprise ^^
Still reading to catch up. Work may stop this process :p
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:42 am
G-Man wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:48 pm Okay, let’s do this! The secret portion of my role card says that I am the champion of this game. Sorry to cut this game so short, especially after all that time waiting through sign-ups, but I win. You can go home now.
not so fast champion, we still have to discuss things through ;)
tedxtr wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:00 am Sloonei town

TSP town

Epi scum

Catch y’all later
i see this as a towny post
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:05 am I forget how to play this game.
:doubt:

Catched up. Some flavours mentioned including the radish ice cream will not met my expectations.
I like these two posts, mainly since she's expressing the same thoughts I am.

Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:01 am Some page 5 thoughts

JJJ acts close to that game where he was villager and let himslef lynched with a wrong Poe. He kind of pressures everyone. For scum to be that is too annoying and he may get lynched just because. I don't see this as a scum safe play now, JJJ may be villager, a little too paranoid one.

Idk why is Sig upset about candy given like town reads http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 93#p586093 but in post 243 he explains his thoughts in a pretty villagery way.

Sloonei has a solid logic in his posts which feels good.
Not sure I agree with jay read, but meta seems right.

I stand by my Candy thing, but that's a playstyle issue.

No opinion on Sloonie right now, but I think it's a genuine read from Michelle.

What I'm really noticing here is Michelle is playing it safe, being active and giving out some civ reads with room to switch but not really poking people.

Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:27 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:49 pm Sloonei and dizzy both have high mafia equity, but low teammate equity, thus killing one will tell us more about the other as they’re in a non-mechanical 1v1 dipole.

That’s my quota of Serious Mafia Terms for the day, you’re welcome.
sounds spicy at the first read
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:55 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:49 pm Sloonei and dizzy both have high mafia equity, but low teammate equity, thus killing one will tell us more about the other as they’re in a non-mechanical 1v1 dipole.

This post suggests that nanook is unaware there are two mafia teams.
Is quite interesting Sloonei didn't infirm the accusation :ponder:
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:00 pm

This post suggests that Nanook is spewing nonsense.
the post was presented as serious :suspish:
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:53 pm I think I like Sloonei, but I don't remember why now.
:huh: maybe you can dig in memories?
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:53 pm This is two posts from SVS now that have felt like they could be written by a scum. Not that they are, just that they could be.
I certainly don't have a mindmeld with Radishes this game
This entire post reads blendy/trying to get some town cred, without saying much.

Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:39 pm [VOTE: Master Radishes] aubergine

He left the game long ago and didn't give me the villagery feeling he had in the inception game. I know he was 3rd part, but an independent can have towny posts easier than mafia.
A weaker reason to vote, but it's D1. The main thing that's off here is she says he left game long ago, so an activity issue. However, Michelle isn't posting much so seems strange to cite that as a reason.

Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:18 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:13 pm
Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:11 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:22 pm @Michelle and @Dom probably should have the same read as me on this.
to search this "this" at 4 am is not actually possible, can you quote it please?
You played scum with Nutella when Jack nailed her out of the box on day 1 in the Aussie game. It should mean something to you because you know how she feels about it. Does what you know line up with how she is dealing with him here to you? Looking at before I called her out on it specifically.
Solely from vibe she puts more feeling here. There it was faked. Usually villagers emotions are stronger.
I would not lynch her today.
For analysing content I need day time reading and now I can't, i barely can stay with the eyes open.

If nutella winds up being mafia I could see them being teammates or vice verse, but face value not bad.

SO Overall Michelle's ISO didn't give me much to go off of. What I did notice is a lack of solid reads/positions and a failure to give any potential baddie reads. I do dislike this since it gives her room to maneuver around and switch opinions.

I'd say Michelle is a Mafia-Lean right now and would like to see some more reads from her.

@Michelle Can you give me a run down of your reads? What you currently think of Radish and Jack and who you'd vote for besides Radish?
No I can't I was busy with RL, everyone is hysterical because of the corona virus and I kept procrastinating all day in everything I did. So I didn't even read the thread more than 20%.

I fell asleep at 9:30 pm and i woke up recently. I will be here for a short amount of time.

You accusing me of playing safe looks like a real thought. But is more a play with what I read and could comment on because my play time is shorter than ever. If this makes me scum in your eyes, you can do what you like.

Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Master Radishes »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:27 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:20 pm ...(Dizzy doesn't like me doing a Thing, so I'll expand, of course.)

Yeah, I asked who I should look at. Sometimes scum do that. Sometimes so do townies.

I've been trying not to play the 'I'm busy' card too hard because I'll end up a broken record, but I'm busy. I've not closely read everything. I'm going to be a follower this game, not a leader. Most of the D1 talking points (baddie-gate, for example) were not that worthwhile and by the time I was online they were over anyway, so I didn't bother to delve into them again. If I want to contribute to helping the town, I've got to do something.

We know Nutella was not mafia. We know that mafia (of either team) are going to, therefore, gleefully nudge a mislynch. There will be scum on her wagon somewhere.
But that would have been the case if she were bad as well. With two bad teams the baddies are trying to lynch other team baddies for the cred. If anything the baddies want to avoid lynching civs with two teams, they let the civvies cannibalize themselves.
But the baddies don't know who the civs are either. (There, I said 'civs'.)

So we say Scum Team A knows nutella is not one of them. Therefore they have no issue seeing her go. There were only three proper wagons - nute, Jack, me - and Jack's went stale and died off. Members of Scum Team A, doing the usual thing, will 'spread out' a bit. They won't coordinate exactly, but the odds of at least one of them slipping into an easy vote are high. (And, equally likely, at least one of my voters is from Scum Team A as well, regardless of what you consider my own alignment to be.)

Basically, I'm playing the odds/going off many years' experience. Nutella had at least one scum voter on her somewhere.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Did anyone see how many votes were on nutella when she got nook'd?
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 352

Post by Dyslexicon »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:22 pmIt can be a very powerful tool for the civvies if dead civs use it the right way, especially in the case of mislynches. It's like getting the perspective of the victim in a murder case. It's harder for baddies that participated in spinning a mislynch to do so if the victim is still in the thread. It's an interesting mechanic.

@Anyone, has this mechanic been used in games here before? It's new to me, but often in champs games, mechanics and features from games played that year are featured.
Yes, we already went through this.
Honestly pings me that you bring this up again, but you will probably ping me no matter what you do. Like Radish =p
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:30 pmI'm sorry. The response Dyz was looking for was

You get me <3

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:29 pm Also, I never watched Gossip Girl, but I DO watch "You" so I'll vote Dan Humphrey.
juliets wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:37 pm I have never seen Gossip Girl but I've heard of Blair so I'll vote for her.
sabie12 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:55 pmI know absolutely nothing about gossip girl.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Idk what happened with the hour of the poll I thought is in my hour but it's not so I missed the Eod.
I am sad for this lynch. Nutella had few votes when I last checked but I can't remember more than Jack tunneling her.

At work I will search for the votes itt, this is impossible on phone

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:37 pm
S~V~S wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:27 pm

But the baddies don't know who the civs are either. (There, I said 'civs'.)

So we say Scum Team A knows nutella is not one of them. Therefore they have no issue seeing her go. There were only three proper wagons - nute, Jack, me - and Jack's went stale and died off. Members of Scum Team A, doing the usual thing, will 'spread out' a bit. They won't coordinate exactly, but the odds of at least one of them slipping into an easy vote are high. (And, equally likely, at least one of my voters is from Scum Team A as well, regardless of what you consider my own alignment to be.)

Basically, I'm playing the odds/going off many years' experience. Nutella had at least one scum voter on her somewhere.
Maybe in the final tally, but this far before EOD nah. It's possible, but lots of people had not voted and there were lots of tangent voters still.I

Linki, I think she had 5 or 6.
Link I @ Dys, and it pints me that you asked after saying you liked the post where I discussed it lol
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:05 pm Wait, it's Night but we're posting? Is that a thing here?
Yes, and it's hilarious. Cindy Kate so seeelly <3
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Omg awful autocorrects lol sorry about that no more tablet posting
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:43 pmLink I @ Dys, and it pints me that you asked after saying you liked the post where I discussed it lol
I didn't ask. I posted a gif that I liked because there's always time for a Katya gif that's in theme.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Yeah, I was just here to post gifs.
I'm with Radish that Nut wagon probably has scum. I mean, scum is like half the game anyway. Lol this game. But also, he should also consider that the same would apply to him if he is ALLEGEDLY town. Yeah, I saw him mentioned this in a later post.

Anyway. It depends on who got scum rules and all, but the more non descriptive quiet folks are the ones I want to see more from. Scum be hiding there often. Also scum likes to be off wagons too, so..

Good night, all.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:05 pm Wait, it's Night but we're posting? Is that a thing here?
I found this as a town help and hard to face when i was scum. Because sharing ideas itt instead using a notebook and interacting overnight is strenghtening town's bonds.

I will come back in my morning, in 5-6 hours

sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 339

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 0]

Post by sig »

Michelle wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:33 pm
sig wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:35 pm Gonna start on my Meh ISO's. Michelle is first, I'll probably be spoiling everything to make it more readable.
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:04 am
Vanilla

31% Voters: speedchuck, Jackofhearts2005, TonyStarkPrime, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, sprityo
The amount of vanilla lovers is concerning. Scum hides there mark my words.

Glad to play with everyone btw <3

Sould reading in page 1Tedex villager. Liked Nut - not a surprise ^^
Still reading to catch up. Work may stop this process :p
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:42 am
G-Man wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:48 pm Okay, let’s do this! The secret portion of my role card says that I am the champion of this game. Sorry to cut this game so short, especially after all that time waiting through sign-ups, but I win. You can go home now.
not so fast champion, we still have to discuss things through ;)
tedxtr wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:00 am Sloonei town

TSP town

Epi scum

Catch y’all later
i see this as a towny post
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:05 am I forget how to play this game.
:doubt:

Catched up. Some flavours mentioned including the radish ice cream will not met my expectations.
I like these two posts, mainly since she's expressing the same thoughts I am.

Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:01 am Some page 5 thoughts

JJJ acts close to that game where he was villager and let himslef lynched with a wrong Poe. He kind of pressures everyone. For scum to be that is too annoying and he may get lynched just because. I don't see this as a scum safe play now, JJJ may be villager, a little too paranoid one.

Idk why is Sig upset about candy given like town reads http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 93#p586093 but in post 243 he explains his thoughts in a pretty villagery way.

Sloonei has a solid logic in his posts which feels good.
Not sure I agree with jay read, but meta seems right.

I stand by my Candy thing, but that's a playstyle issue.

No opinion on Sloonie right now, but I think it's a genuine read from Michelle.

What I'm really noticing here is Michelle is playing it safe, being active and giving out some civ reads with room to switch but not really poking people.

Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:27 am

sounds spicy at the first read

Is quite interesting Sloonei didn't infirm the accusation :ponder:
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:00 pm

This post suggests that Nanook is spewing nonsense.
the post was presented as serious :suspish:
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:53 pm I think I like Sloonei, but I don't remember why now.
:huh: maybe you can dig in memories?
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:53 pm This is two posts from SVS now that have felt like they could be written by a scum. Not that they are, just that they could be.
I certainly don't have a mindmeld with Radishes this game
This entire post reads blendy/trying to get some town cred, without saying much.

Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:39 pm [VOTE: Master Radishes] aubergine

He left the game long ago and didn't give me the villagery feeling he had in the inception game. I know he was 3rd part, but an independent can have towny posts easier than mafia.
A weaker reason to vote, but it's D1. The main thing that's off here is she says he left game long ago, so an activity issue. However, Michelle isn't posting much so seems strange to cite that as a reason.

Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:18 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:13 pm
Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:11 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:22 pm @Michelle and @Dom probably should have the same read as me on this.
to search this "this" at 4 am is not actually possible, can you quote it please?
You played scum with Nutella when Jack nailed her out of the box on day 1 in the Aussie game. It should mean something to you because you know how she feels about it. Does what you know line up with how she is dealing with him here to you? Looking at before I called her out on it specifically.
Solely from vibe she puts more feeling here. There it was faked. Usually villagers emotions are stronger.
I would not lynch her today.
For analysing content I need day time reading and now I can't, i barely can stay with the eyes open.

If nutella winds up being mafia I could see them being teammates or vice verse, but face value not bad.

SO Overall Michelle's ISO didn't give me much to go off of. What I did notice is a lack of solid reads/positions and a failure to give any potential baddie reads. I do dislike this since it gives her room to maneuver around and switch opinions.

I'd say Michelle is a Mafia-Lean right now and would like to see some more reads from her.

@Michelle Can you give me a run down of your reads? What you currently think of Radish and Jack and who you'd vote for besides Radish?
No I can't I was busy with RL, everyone is hysterical because of the corona virus and I kept procrastinating all day in everything I did. So I didn't even read the thread more than 20%.

I fell asleep at 9:30 pm and i woke up recently. I will be here for a short amount of time.

You accusing me of playing safe looks like a real thought. But is more a play with what I read and could comment on because my play time is shorter than ever. If this makes me scum in your eyes, you can do what you like.
So 2 things

1. You weren't wrong time wise but Nanook triggered his power and ended day early.
2. Generally I like your response, I would like some reada when you get a chance, but your reply does seem genuine and I definitely see RL being a block.

You'll probably stay as a mafia lean, but not high priority for Day 2.
ImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

ok @Sig got it thanks for the infos. bbl

plan for the rest of night is to Iso Radishes, Jack and to read as much as I can and share my ideas and feelings.

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

What happened to our thumbs up emoji and trojan/greek soliders one?
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

sig wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:00 pm What happened to our thumbs up emoji and trojan/greek soliders one?
This is literally the most pressing concern I have with nanook flipping not mafia.
ImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

Out of time. Okay, let’s do this quickly - no links, soz. But trust me on my interpretation.

After Jack initiated the Nutella vote (bottom of page 11), it gained little traction. In fact, he mostly got flack at first – Mac and Sloonei both dismissed it, especially Mac (who called Nutella town and Jack scum in the space of a few posts.) Nutella counter-votes, and Epi and Sprit both join the Jack vote in their own time. But everyone was focusing on Nanookian satire instead.

Jack wouldn’t let it go, and as the discussion over Nanook wanes, Ted votes Nutella (‘page 12 was yucky’), whilst SVS and Dom vote Jack. It becomes the thread’s main focus for a couple pages. The Radish wagon picks up and kills it off, eventually. (Ted switches off at some point.)

Jack still doesn’t let it go, and some pages later Mac now (despite his earlier stance) declares Jack often right about this and nutella’s defence bad (but doesn’t vote there). Turnip Head, seemingly going off of Mac’s posts, votes Nutella (but only says ‘why not’). Epi questions Jack’s logic, but then a page later also votes Nutella (no reason given). Sig quickly also votes Nutella (‘reactions’). A bit later, Dom (reason unclear, but I think about ‘back peddling’) and Sabie (scum!Jack wouldn’t do this) also vote Nutella.

The wagon goes a bit stale, and Epi and Sig both jump off it.

--

At its peak moment, the voters, by my count and in order, were: Jack, TH, Epi, Sig, Dom, Sabie [6]. It’s at this moment that there is very likely at least one scum on the wagon. The Nutella vote gained momentum fairly quickly, and was a duelling wagon with the one on me. Scum mentality is to nudge these sort of wagons, and I think it’s perfectly reasonable to work under the assumption there is at least one in this group.

All 5 non-Jack voters can appear to be opportunistic. TH, Epi, and Dom gave no reasons, whilst Sig and Sabie gave lacklustre reasons. (Also notable is Mac, who nudged it along without ever landing there.)

Of those names, I’m not sure one in particular stands out. I think Sig’s vote was the most egregious, but his macro play of all those names has been the greenest. At the moment I’m not entirely sure where I’d place a vote (and obviously can’t anyway), but GTH I’d say Sabie. Also not a fan of Mac’s play on this – inconsistent and never landed on the wagon or, conversely, showed progression away from it. Just blew on the sparks a bit.

And off to bed I go.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:46 pm
S~V~S wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:43 pmLink I @ Dys, and it pints me that you asked after saying you liked the post where I discussed it lol
I didn't ask. I posted a gif that I liked because there's always time for a Katya gif that's in theme.
But I didn't know that. Do you always get pinged by people who make earnest replies to your inside joke they didn't know about?

I think you moved into the orange. You're trying too hard to suspect me.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 729
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:37 pm Did anyone see how many votes were on nutella when she got nook'd?
polls are saved at the bottom of the first post
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 596
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:13 pm Although before I caught up I misinterpreted nutella as scum and read the thread as such, so some of my thoughts are useless.

I feel best about sig, his NANOOK suspicion and case felt really genuine. I also really like just about everything I’ve seen from ted. I like Jay so far, and Epi.

The Michelle post I quoted earlier bugged me out, I’m not sure what it meant/if it makes any sense. I agree with Epi’s concerne toward juliets.

Radishes isn’t giving me the same exact vibe as he did when I sniffed him out as 3P in Inception, but it’s similar ...
I acknowledge your concern but wonder if you are caught up yet. I was in the thread a lot today because I didn't work so there is much more content to judge me on.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Master Radishes[/mention] thank you for answering my latest question. I am embarrassed by my ATE but glad it worked!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:04 pm
Jack wouldn’t let it go, and as the discussion over Nanook wanes, Ted votes Nutella (‘page 12 was yucky’), whilst SVS and Dom vote Jack. It becomes the thread’s main focus for a couple pages. The Radish wagon picks up and kills it off, eventually. (Ted switches off at some point.)
I'm interested in your take on this part, senor radishes?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Nice summary Radishes. The part about Mac is curious. He was adamant she was bad but didn't vote for her - I didn't notice when I read it. But I'm trying to think through how it would make him bad to NOT vote nutella. Does anyone understand what I'm trying to ask? I'll think about it for awhile.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:49 pm Yeah, I was just here to post gifs.
I'm with Radish that Nut wagon probably has scum. I mean, scum is like half the game anyway. Lol this game. But also, he should also consider that the same would apply to him if he is ALLEGEDLY town. Yeah, I saw him mentioned this in a later post.
QFT

(I didn't see him mention it in a later post, I'ma go take a look at that)
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

It's actually really funny that radishes is looking for scum in the Nutella wagon when he got just as many votes to be lynched
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:54 pm It's actually really funny that radishes is looking for scum in the Nutella wagon when he got just as many votes to be lynched
Alright yeah that’s what I was trying to get at with my question but y’all are blowing up that spot.

I get why Radishes was inspecting the nutella wagon, but it’s still a curious look for him to be hunting scum in his counterwagon without doing the same for his own wagon.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I didn’t actually ask a question though. I just stuck a question mark at the end of a statement. I’m a disgrace.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 523

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:24 am And the other thing is that I feel like Epi should get mad I keep starting sentences with conjunctions but he never does.
Why? It's perfectly acceptable and doesn't impede understanding. I do it all the time.

Teachers have taught kids not to start a sentence with a coordinating conjunction for ages now because little kids (and high school juniors :suspish: ) tend to speak or write in fragments that start with them. It's lazy instruction.

But that doesn't make starting a complete sentence with them wrong. ;)
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:54 pm It's actually really funny that radishes is looking for scum in the Nutella wagon when he got just as many votes to be lynched
That struck me as odd also. I guess it removes the potential bias/OMGUS, but personally I'd look at my own wagon first especially it I was a civ.

This seems kinda like a more mafiaish thing so I'd like an explanation for why he started that way
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:09 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:24 am And the other thing is that I feel like Epi should get mad I keep starting sentences with conjunctions but he never does.
Why? It's perfectly acceptable and doesn't impede understanding. I do it all the time.

Teachers have taught kids not to start a sentence with a coordinating conjunction for ages now because little kids (and high school juniors :suspish: ) tend to speak or write in fragments that start with them. It's lazy instruction.

Fragments are just sentences that identify differently.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:46 am
Epignosis wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:36 am [VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine
Epi, would you share your thoughts on speed?
He was my placeholder. I don't really have much of an opinion, especially now that he says he's got heaps of voiceover work. That's not as easy as it sounds.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:11 pm
He was my placeholder. I don't really have much of an opinion, especially now that he says he's got heaps of voiceover work. That's not as easy as it sounds.
Ok thanks, and yeah that and the baby too.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:54 pm Like Nutella is playing what I would expect from her if she tried really hard to mimic her town game.

Or she’s just town.

Like she’s hitting her scumtell a and her towntells.
This should get some sort of nomination. Mark it down for December.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:12 pm
Why would the baby have voiceover work? She can't talk. :confused2:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:09 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:09 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:07 pm If I were going to vote right now I’d likely vote nutella tbh
What's keeping you from voting right now?
I don’t feel like it
Also, I dig. :beer:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:17 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:12 pm
Why would the baby have voiceover work? She can't talk. :confused2:
lol, you know what I meant :martini:

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'll be in and out until I go to bed. My adrenaline was so high and then I just crashed when the boom happened, so I'm going to watch a little tv tonight.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 302

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:04 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:50 pm Upon further reflection of ISOs both of these wagons are shiiiiiiiiiiiny turds.

Nutella I can see why people suspect her. The interactions starting when Mac wagoned on look pretty bad. But lynching nutella D1 after she gets defensive over some tunneling is wonky.

I have no idea why anyone would vote Master Radishes.
This post looks bogus.

Both wagons are shiny turds. But I understand why people suspect nutella. Here's a reason why I understand. But lynching her is wonky. But. Then the sentence about Radish is more strongly stated than would seem reasonable. No idea. Anyone. Dramatic
Wozzit called? Stream of consciousness. Thassit.

Since that post I have at least been told why someone would vote master radishes. This post was entirely based on ISOs
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 302

Post by speedchuck »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:04 pm Of those names, I’m not sure one in particular stands out. I think Sig’s vote was the most egregious, but his macro play of all those names has been the greenest. At the moment I’m not entirely sure where I’d place a vote (and obviously can’t anyway), but GTH I’d say Sabie. Also not a fan of Mac’s play on this – inconsistent and never landed on the wagon or, conversely, showed progression away from it. Just blew on the sparks a bit.
I dunno, I was suspicious of Sig for a reason I think. Let me look back.

Ah, yes, it was his crappity crap reasons for still wanting to lynch nutella after Jack recanted. He overcompenisated for his position by throwing a bunch of bad reasons in with the good.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I don't watch Gossip Girl and I don't make Tik Tok videos.

It amazes me what people will do for attention. There were sophomores yesterday spending hours (not my students) doing the same ten-second routine to the same annoying audio clips. Making and watching these is apparently how people pass the time. I asked a few of them if they'd heard of the latest "Read a Book challenge" going around on Youtube. They weren't sure if I was joking or serious. :|
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 530
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:44 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:18 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:32 am I appear to have come down with a fever. I don’t know what this will do to my activity. Probably no super in depth nonsense until I recover, but I won’t have much else to do but sit around on the internet. :shrug:
Interrupting my careful note taking to ask if Sloonei has brought coronavirus to the city we share :ponder:
I don’t have a cough, which is apparently the main symptom of that thing. Don’t worry, buffalo.
if you’re gonna give buffalo the coronavirus please wait until after I’m there in a couple weeks kthx
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 94

Post by G-Man »

Opportunistic move, Nanook. That was neat. I wondered why the poll changed before the deadline. Now I know. I’m going to see how much I can read from the lynch post forward before bed.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 724
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:04 pm Out of time. Okay, let’s do this quickly - no links, soz. But trust me on my interpretation.

After Jack initiated the Nutella vote (bottom of page 11), it gained little traction. In fact, he mostly got flack at first – Mac and Sloonei both dismissed it, especially Mac (who called Nutella town and Jack scum in the space of a few posts.) Nutella counter-votes, and Epi and Sprit both join the Jack vote in their own time. But everyone was focusing on Nanookian satire instead.

Jack still doesn’t let it go, and some pages later Mac now (despite his earlier stance) declares Jack often right about this and nutella’s defence bad (but doesn’t vote there). Turnip Head, seemingly going off of Mac’s posts, votes Nutella (but only says ‘why not’). Epi questions Jack’s logic, but then a page later also votes Nutella (no reason given). Sig quickly also votes Nutella (‘reactions’). A bit later, Dom (reason unclear, but I think about ‘back peddling’) and Sabie (scum!Jack wouldn’t do this) also vote Nutella.

The wagon goes a bit stale, and Epi and Sig both jump off it.

--

At its peak moment, the voters, by my count and in order, were: Jack, TH, Epi, Sig, Dom, Sabie [6]. It’s at this moment that there is very likely at least one scum on the wagon. The Nutella vote gained momentum fairly quickly, and was a duelling wagon with the one on me. Scum mentality is to nudge these sort of wagons, and I think it’s perfectly reasonable to work under the assumption there is at least one in this group.

All 5 non-Jack voters can appear to be opportunistic. TH, Epi, and Dom gave no reasons, whilst Sig and Sabie gave lacklustre reasons. (Also notable is Mac, who nudged it along without ever landing there.)

Of those names, I’m not sure one in particular stands out. I think Sig’s vote was the most egregious, but his macro play of all those names has been the greenest. At the moment I’m not entirely sure where I’d place a vote (and obviously can’t anyway), but GTH I’d say Sabie. Also not a fan of Mac’s play on this – inconsistent and never landed on the wagon or, conversely, showed progression away from it. Just blew on the sparks a bit.

And off to bed I go.
This is all fair (but I don’t have to give you cred for it cause lolmultiball) and I think Dom and Mac look worst off it.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 724
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:09 pm

:phew: :clap:

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”